PDA

View Full Version : PFA Championship POTY nominations

HibsNutter
27-04-2017, 02:00 PM
John McGinn
Jason Cummings
Ross Forbes
Stephen Dobbie

Attacking players always seem to be favoured for this kind of award, Darren McGregor has been the stand out in the league, but out of the nominations I imagine Jason will win it.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2017, 02:04 PM
McGregor has been better than all 4 of those players this season.

Allant1981
27-04-2017, 02:08 PM
McGregor has been better than all 4 of those players this season.

he hasnt really though has he, he is a better defender but not really a better all round player

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2017, 02:20 PM
he hasnt really though has he, he is a better defender but not really a better all round playerHe absolutely has been better than all of them, I'm not interested if he is a better all round player, he has been without question the best in the league at his job this season.

By your logic goalkeepers and defenders should never win any awards?

Dunbar Hibee
27-04-2017, 02:26 PM
Jason Cummings should be winning that.

HibsNutter
27-04-2017, 02:29 PM
he hasnt really though has he, he is a better defender but not really a better all round player

Exactly the attitude that sees defenders overlooked for these kinds of awards. When Juventus win the Champions League, the ballon d'or will still be won by Messi/Ronaldo over Chellini/Bonucci.

It's as if the attacking side of the game is all that matters.

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2017, 02:33 PM
wouldn't surprise me if Forbes or Dobbie won it.

Can't see many Falkirk or Raith players voting for Hibs players, plus having 2 hibs players will split the vote.

Dobbie has had a lot of good press this season and Queens would really have struggled without him. Forbes has been at the heart of everything Morton has done going forward. 9 goals and 9 assists in the league. Again, will be seen as a main reason for Morton getting in the play offs.

Since90+2
27-04-2017, 02:36 PM
McGinn has not had a fantastic season by his high standards and I would agree with others that Darren should have been in there ahead of him.

These awards are normally won by forwards or attack minded midfielders so its not a massive surprise.

Allant1981
27-04-2017, 03:46 PM
He absolutely has been better than all of them, I'm not interested if he is a better all round player, he has been without question the best in the league at his job this season.

By your logic goalkeepers and defenders should never win any awards?

i probably worded it wrongly, he is a good player yes and has been excellent for us this year as a defender but has he had a better season or more of an impact than the others? could argue that dobbies season has beenbetter as he has scored more goals in a team not as good as others in the league

corby hibee
27-04-2017, 04:02 PM
I would give it to mcgregor if it was up to me but surely Mcginn must win this again.

makaveli1875
27-04-2017, 04:20 PM
id give it to cummings , he's had a better season than SJM and his goals have been vital in us winning the league

Fuzzywuzzy
27-04-2017, 04:24 PM
Completely shocked that McGregor's not there. He's been pretty much our rock

Winston Ingram
27-04-2017, 04:26 PM

I didn't realise the award had been renamed as the better 'all round player' Feel sorry for goalies as that'll rule them out.

If we're talking about best alround player, Cummings would be no where near it.

Allant1981
27-04-2017, 04:31 PM
I didn't realise the award had been renamed as the better 'all round player' Feel sorry for goalies as that'll rule them out.

If we're talking about best alround player, Cummings would be no where near it.

he has been the best defender but not the best player in the league

PeterboroHibee
27-04-2017, 05:31 PM
i probably worded it wrongly, he is a good player yes and has been excellent for us this year as a defender but has he had a better season or more of an impact than the others? could argue that dobbies season has beenbetter as he has scored more goals in a team not as good as others in the league

Our defence has been outstanding this season, with McGregor playing a key role in that, and also one of the main reasons we have won the league. I dont know what else he could do to have more of an impact? Its easy to pick goalscorers because there is usually quite an individual stat to base that on (the goals!), but that doesnt mean they have been the best player in my opinion.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-04-2017, 09:29 PM

He most certainly has

Baader
27-04-2017, 09:36 PM
McGregor should be in there. Ahead of McGinn I'd say.

HibernianJK
27-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Stephen Dobbie has the same goals and more assists than Cummings playing for a team 6th in the league? Is he not more deserving than Jason?

Sammy7nil
27-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Stephen Dobbie has the same goals and more assists than Cummings playing for a team 6th in the league? Is he not more deserving than Jason?

Dobbie will win

ancient hibee
27-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Donbie's goals have saved Queens from a relegation battle.He probably deserves to win.

frazeHFC
27-04-2017, 10:05 PM
The fact that McGregor was our player of the year says it all. Should have been in there.

Billy Whizz
27-04-2017, 10:07 PM
The fact that McGregor was our player of the year says it all. Should have been in there.

Yup, he's had a better than more consistent season than both McGinn and Cummings