PDA

View Full Version : Yams cathro and mcphee tactic session £15

Hibee87
27-04-2017, 09:10 AM
The latest fund raiser for the club really takes the biscuit. Hearts are offering fans the chance to learn about tactics etc from cathro and mcphee for £15. I kid you not haha

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-bosses-ian-cathro-austin-10304879

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2017, 09:21 AM
No way; it's beyond desperate :lolyam:

brog
27-04-2017, 09:22 AM
The latest fund raiser for the club really takes the biscuit. Hearts are offering fans the chance to learn about tactics etc from cathro and mcphee for £15. I kid you not haha

That reminds me of the Woody Allen line in What's New Pussycat. He rushes in to tell his friends that he has a new job helping the dancing girls dress/undress at the Folies Bergere. How much is it they ask. $20 a day says Woody, that's not much they respond. I know, it's all I could afford replies Woody!! I assume it is Cathro/McPhee who are paying? 😀

Brightside
27-04-2017, 09:24 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-bosses-ian-cathro-austin-10304879

tell you what for £15 that is a bargain. You'd pay a shed load more for an SFA session.

McD
27-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Wow! Just....wow!

come on, surely this is either a wind up, or at least one or two yams will start to wake up to the ritualistic parting of them from their money.

i thought Disney were experts at dipping your pocket with a smile on their face, but this lot are something else :tee hee:

greenlex
It will be 20 mins on a laptop.

Monts
I think there was a misunderstanding when levein suggested to budge some tactic lessons could be a good idea.

overdrive
27-04-2017, 09:28 AM
tell you what for £15 that is a bargain. You'd pay a shed load more for an SFA session.

You'd probably learn way more at a SFA session.

Bostonhibby
27-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Unbelievable. Surely citizens advice or trading standards need to get involved here. Vulnerable people are being exploited here.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
27-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Sent the family yam a text about this and his response was "aw naw, WTF next? Thought we were better than this".

Am still considering a response 😊

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Sent the family yam a text about this and his response was "aw naw, WTF next? Thought we were better than this".

Am still considering a response 😊

How about "a club that steals from charity is capable of anything"?:greengrin

Bostonhibby
27-04-2017, 09:36 AM
He knows that, wife is a Hibs season ticket holder and his daughter just became a Hibs kids member.[emoji1]

PeeKay
27-04-2017, 09:37 AM

More appropriately, it's on a par with average prices at the Stand Comedy Club.

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2017, 09:37 AM
He knows that, wife is a Hibs season ticket holder and his daughter just became a Hibs kids member.[emoji1]

Pleasing.

Bostonhibby
27-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Pleasing.
He's a DD canceller as well! What with the cost of bringing up children and all that.

Brummie_Hibs
27-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Do you have to pay extra for the copy of Championship Manager he is installing on your PC for your £15?

hibs0666
27-04-2017, 09:45 AM

Wow! That'll raise enough for a couple of tins of pink paint.

mjhibby
27-04-2017, 09:50 AM

For a club that lost its moral compass decades ago fleecing their own fans as opposed to other businesses seems reasonable. It's what big clubs do after all. They are fast becoming beyond parody.

Robinho08
27-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Cringe. 😳 😂

Bostonhibby
27-04-2017, 09:57 AM
For a club that lost its moral compass decades ago fleecing their own fans as opposed to other businesses seems reasonable. It's what big clubs do after all. They are fast becoming beyond parody.
Agree, it's getting harder to parody them but I think we should stick with it. New material will follow.

Brightside
27-04-2017, 10:07 AM
You'd probably learn way more at a SFA session.

You'd be surprised.... for all that they are struggling at Hearts both of them do excellent tactics presentations, better than they majority I've seen under the SFA.

Hermit Crab
27-04-2017, 10:07 AM
£15 for a power point presentation. Hud me back!!

jacomo
27-04-2017, 10:12 AM
'It's a situation where we are flogging a week on a time share boat for twice the going rate and slapping a price tag on anything we can to try and rinse our supporters for more cash. We're unlikely to benefit from any extended cup runs so we've gotta do something. It's unacceptable but we accept it.'

jacomo
27-04-2017, 10:14 AM
You'd be surprised.... for all that they are struggling at Hearts both of them do excellent tactics presentations, better than they majority I've seen under the SFA.

Such a shame they can't make it work on the pitch. On the laptop it looks great.

Geo_1875
27-04-2017, 10:17 AM

I work with a number of people who do wonderful presentations but are **** at their job.

Kato
27-04-2017, 10:18 AM
"Hearts have opened a window into the minds of head coach Ian Cathro and assistant Austin MacPhee."

Strange turn of phrase.

Smartie
27-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Am I the only one that wants to go, because it sounds like it could be absolutely hilarious?

I'm sure we could come up with some great questions for a Q&A session.

"You are 2-0 up at home in the cup to your city rivals. What tactics would you employ in order to prevent them mounting a glorious and memorable comeback before going on to lift the trophy in spectacular style for the first time in 114 years (ram yer 1902)?

Kato
27-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Am I the only one that wants to go, because it sounds like it could be absolutely hilarious?

I'm sure we could come up with some great questions for a Q&A session.

"You are 2-0 up at home in the cup to your city rivals. What tactics would you employ in order to prevent them mounting a glorious and memorable comeback before going on to lift the trophy in spectacular style for the first time in 114 years (ram yer 1902)?

My first thought was, wouldn't mind that, cheaper than a fringe show.

Just Alf
27-04-2017, 10:20 AM

boo!.... stop being sensible!!!

we WANT to laugh at the Yams! :lolyam:

Bostonhibby
27-04-2017, 10:24 AM
"Hearts have opened a window into the minds of head coach Ian Cathro and assistant Austin MacPhee."

Strange turn of phrase.
They opened the window and the bats flew out

frazeHFC
27-04-2017, 10:33 AM
A tactics presentation on how to lose games and get embarrassed by your rivals from the league below. 😂

WoreTheGreen
27-04-2017, 10:34 AM
What next dress up auld pishy breeks and sit in the house of lords for a day

Brightside
27-04-2017, 10:35 AM
boo!.... stop being sensible!!!

we WANT to laugh at the Yams! :lolyam:

Dont get me wrong.... its embarrassing that a club is basically hiring out their coaches to anyone for £15 an hour...

SirDavidsNapper
27-04-2017, 10:36 AM
How skint are they? That's seriously worrying

Just Alf
27-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Dont get me wrong.... its embarrassing that a club is basically hiring out their coaches to anyone for £15 an hour...

only yanking yer chain :wink:

JimBHibees
27-04-2017, 10:37 AM
What next dress up auld pishy breeks and sit in the house of lords for a day

FFS dont give them ideas. :greengrin

greenlex
27-04-2017, 10:38 AM

It's that really intelligent folk with no common sense thing isn't it?0

lucky
27-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Everything is for sale at the PBS under Budge but ffs it's getting embarrassing

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Everything is for sale at the PBS under Budge but ffs it's getting embarrassing

True, it's all very flea market. Very demeaning.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Ma sides!

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

:lolyam:

27-04-2017, 11:12 AM
Chuckle Brothers - To me, to you, to me, to you. That'll be £15 each please.

high bee
27-04-2017, 11:17 AM
'It's a situation where we are flogging a week on a time share boat for twice the going rate and slapping a price tag on anything we can to try and rinse our supporters for more cash. We're unlikely to benefit from any extended cup runs so we've gotta do something. It's unacceptable but we accept it.'

Funny thing is... it's got so crazy that I no longer know if quotes like this are genuine. Haha

high bee
27-04-2017, 11:20 AM

I will save you £15,

Step 1: Await post-it note from DOF.
Step 2: Relay instructions to team.
Step 3: Defend action to media; claim Scotland is too backward and out of touch to understand.
Step 4: Proclaim "A've done hings!"

Thecat23
27-04-2017, 11:20 AM

Terry Butcher also done great tactics sessions. Look how that turned out!!

SMAXXA
27-04-2017, 11:21 AM
Each club in the league should send someone to attend to get an inside view on their thought process and what they are trying to play like. That way easy to combat it when they play!

Naaaa save the 15 quid and take your chances cause they are ***** anyway 😂

iwasthere1972
27-04-2017, 11:22 AM
It will also include lessons on how to write notes.

Worth every penny. :greengrin

mixumatosis
27-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Each club in the league should send someone to attend to get an inside view on their thought process and what they are trying to play like. That way easy to combat it when they play!

Naaaa save the 15 quid and take your chances cause they are ***** anyway 😂

Beat me to it - will be funny when he walks in to deliver the first session and finds his 10 rival managers for next season staring at him (Lennon won't need to go).

There's no good way to spin this, either the opposition will turn up in which case you've screwed yourself, or they don't because that's how highly they rate your "tactics".

Fuds.

CraigHibee
27-04-2017, 12:11 PM
fundraising to get a new laptop and a copy of football manager

hibs0666
27-04-2017, 12:11 PM

So what is so good about Cathro's presentations? What are the three top takeaways that we should all be aware of as lovers of the beautiful game?

Stevie Reid
27-04-2017, 01:39 PM
They should maybe get a couple of the first team squad to attend these sessions.

SanFranHibs
27-04-2017, 01:48 PM

Including food !!

This is going to be a real earner for them. A bit like Del Boy's Olde English vinyl briefcases.

Who needs Sky's paltry billions when you can sell a few stale pies.

Sean1875
27-04-2017, 01:49 PM
absolute shambles of a club - they really are potless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
27-04-2017, 01:52 PM

Strange turn of phrase.

Unfortunately, the window has the heaviest set of net curtains on it that you can get... this however, opens the possibility of charging another £15 for a full translation of the session into English

percy veer
27-04-2017, 01:55 PM
How skint are they? That's seriously worrying

They are also charging money for a kids open day £5 an adult £1 a child, or extra value, family of 4 £10.

charging for a kids open day oh dear.

Scouse Hibee
27-04-2017, 02:06 PM
It's brilliant,I booked them for a kids fotball party, the kids loved the bit when they kept passing notes to each other and pretended they couldn't understand what was written on them. They weren't that impressed when Cathro ripped out the goalposts though!

grammyb111
27-04-2017, 02:06 PM
It has been posted before but reading over McPhee's report on a Hibs v Celtic game a few years ago is actually really interesting. I'd like to think I know a bit about tactics, exploiting weaknesses etc but his stuff is really in depth:

https://youthtoprosoccer.com/tag/st-mirren/

Marco G
27-04-2017, 02:26 PM
It has been posted before but reading over McPhee's report on a Hibs v Celtic game a few years ago is actually really interesting. I'd like to think I know a bit about tactics, exploiting weaknesses etc but his stuff is really in depth:

Amazing stuff. How to make a simple game very complicated imho. Is everybody doing this sort of thing do you think? Thank goodness I can just go along, enjoy the match and not worry about all that stuff.

Seriously though, there must be a stage where it is just too complicated for the players to understand? Is that where the problem might lie?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
27-04-2017, 02:34 PM

Interestingly they beat is 1-2 in our next game. Though O'Connor scored for us who he slated in his report.

O'Rourke3
27-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Are they coaching them on how to be fans?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
27-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Are they coaching them on how to be fans?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
£15 to be told FFS sing something.yam class

surreyhibbie
27-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Amazing stuff. How to make a simple game very complicated imho. Is everybody doing this sort of thing do you think? Thank goodness I can just go along, enjoy the match and not worry about all that stuff.

Seriously though, there must be a stage where it is just too complicated for the players to understand? Is that where the problem might lie?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking. Cathro has a good reputation as a coach but maybe over complicates things?

long may it continue though :greengrin

Peevemor
27-04-2017, 02:52 PM
It'll be unusual in that the passing of notes in class will be actively encouraged.

Pete
27-04-2017, 02:54 PM
That's what I was thinking. Cathro has a good reputation as a coach but maybe over complicates things?

long may it continue though :greengrin

In a nutshell. Furthermore, to be a manager, you have to apply this in a practical situation while getting a group of footballers to respect you and follow your orders.

These presentations are probably their forte. Catholic isn't a football manager.

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2017, 02:56 PM
How much realistically can they make from this? Maybe 150 attendees. So £2265 minus costs then tax. Hardly seems worth the hassle. Gonna need a LOT of similar activities to make a dent in the kind of money they seem to need.

Someone should show them how much we earned for the game against Aberdeen on Saturday :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
27-04-2017, 03:09 PM
First I thought, this is a joke. Then, why not a webinar?

Now I fancy going along. It would be 15 quid well spent. Better than the Stand comedy club. Imagine trying to keep a straight face though.

A great idea for a festival play.

JimBHibees
27-04-2017, 03:11 PM

Very interesting that, thanks for sharing.

CMurdoch
27-04-2017, 03:12 PM

Love his slating of Gary O' Connor in the report.
Basically says he is lazy and extremely unfit.

Brightside
27-04-2017, 03:19 PM
Terry Butcher also done great tactics sessions. Look how that turned out!!

He did great psychological sessions for players... his tactics PPT wasnt a big enough screen for his style of football! :greengrin

Brightside
27-04-2017, 03:24 PM

Its brilliant stuff tbh.

SanFranHibs
27-04-2017, 03:26 PM

I detailed all that player personnel in a previous post. McPhee stole it :greengrin

But really, how can you take all that seriously?

Prefer the Hibs.net player analysis. Minimal but covers all we need.

1. Just needs more playing time to build his confidence.

2. Needs to pass the ball 80% better than he does, move the ball quicker than he does, stop dwelling on the ball, jump more than 2 inches off the ground, adapt to games quicker. Knows his limitations and HIDES when we are in
possession of the ball.

3. Worst player I have ever seen at ER.

4. Not worth the jersey

5. So bad I abuse him and his family in supermarkets.

6. Petrie :grr:

Bishop Hibee
27-04-2017, 03:30 PM
I got an A for Higher English. If I give Cathro a coaching lesson on coherent use of the English language can I have a free football coaching session?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2017, 03:37 PM

Strange turn of phrase.

Like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever-spinning reel
As the images unwind
Like the circles that you find in the windows of their minds

could be a trippy experience

Smartie
27-04-2017, 03:54 PM
I detailed all that player personnel in a previous post. McPhee stole it :greengrin

But really, how can you take all that seriously?

Prefer the Hibs.net player analysis. Minimal but covers all we need.

1. Just needs more playing time to build his confidence.

2. Needs to pass the ball 80% better than he does, move the ball quicker than he does, stop dwelling on the ball, jump more than 2 inches off the ground, adapt to games quicker. Knows his limitations and HIDES when we are in
possession of the ball.

3. Worst player I have ever seen at ER.

4. Not worth the jersey

5. So bad I abuse him and his family in supermarkets.

6. Petrie :grr:

7. Has a heart the size of a pea.

matty_f
27-04-2017, 04:26 PM
How much do you think he'll learn in that session?

WoreTheGreen
27-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Laptops for goalposts?

Kato
27-04-2017, 04:41 PM
then tax.

haha!

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2017, 04:43 PM
How much do you think he'll learn in that session?
Lol

stantonhibby
27-04-2017, 05:13 PM
7. Has a heart the size of a pea.

8. Wage thief

Greentinted
27-04-2017, 05:28 PM

Strange turn of phrase.

Let's hope that particular window is open and on the ghround floor - that's a place you don't want to be trapped in!

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Love his slating of Gary O' Connor in the report.
Basically says he is lazy and extremely unfit.

But spells his name wrong which immediately casts doubt over the credibility in my eyes.

matty_f
27-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Right, when there are four at the back, or defenders, and three in the middle - they're midfielders, and three up top, or attackers -that's called a "433".

Fifteen quid, thank you please.

Pete
27-04-2017, 06:19 PM
That's it I'm going.

I don't think I'll last long though.

Eyrie
27-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Right, when there are four at the back, or defenders, and three in the middle - they're midfielders, and three up top, or attackers -that's called a "433".

You left out the key bit on tactics - "Director Levein reminds me frequently using a written communication form on paper that it ultimately it is important for the transference of the spherical ball from defensivers to the attacks, albeit the technical terminology he used was hoof it".

Deansy
27-04-2017, 07:09 PM

The advert omits to mention -

'It's essential that all applicants MUST be IT-literate and supply own tablet/laptop'.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2017, 07:12 PM

No strikers? That's modern and innovative.

Sammy7nil
27-04-2017, 07:23 PM

Not snappy enough you get bored reading it

mghibs
27-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Of all the things they could offer, this is surely the worst idea possible based on what people think of his tactics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat Stanton
27-04-2017, 07:54 PM

Can someone copy and paste the article for those of us who refuse to dirty our browsers by visiting the Record website?

w pilton hibby
27-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Can someone copy and paste the article for those of us who refuse to dirty our browsers by visiting the Record website?

You won't dirty your browser but you are perfectly happy for someone else to steal their intellectual property so you can access it free of charge.

Standards eh!

Cat Stanton
27-04-2017, 08:18 PM
You won't dirty your browser but you are perfectly happy for someone else to steal their intellectual property so you can access it free of charge.

Standards eh!

Pretty much...

But I'm also not keen on giving that rag any more money.

SuperAllyMcleod
27-04-2017, 08:46 PM
I got an A for Higher English. If I give Cathro a coaching lesson on coherent use of the English language can I have a free football coaching session?

Please don't, I really look forward to his after match press conferences - I don't want them making sense.

Baader
27-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Isn't it that Cathro will pay 15 quid to any fan with tactic suggestions?

Sir David Gray
27-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Pablo the Hibby gives his response to the news. :greengrin

Make sure you turn on the subtitles if it doesn't come on automatically. :thumbsup:

http://www.captiongenerator.com/478632/Hibs-fans-hears-about-the-Great-Jambo-auction

lucky
28-04-2017, 05:36 AM
How much realistically can they make from this? Maybe 150 attendees. So £2265 minus costs then tax. Hardly seems worth the hassle. Gonna need a LOT of similar activities to make a dent in the kind of money they seem to need.

Someone should show them how much we earned for the game against Aberdeen on Saturday :greengrin
Fastly becoming the worst poster on .net. You continue to post accurate and factual comments. I hope it never catches on 😄

Jag7
28-04-2017, 06:15 AM

Make sure you turn on the subtitles if it doesn't come on automatically. :thumbsup:

http://www.captiongenerator.com/478632/Hibs-fans-hears-about-the-Great-Jambo-auction

Didn't think you could do anymore with that video but I was wrong .. in tears of laughter with it again 😂😂

gogsy23
28-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Brilliant 10/10

Bostonhibby
28-04-2017, 08:01 AM
I guess everyone has a cooking or baking show these days but I reckon these sessions of Cathro Talks Cakes might be a winner given what the fans have to do over the next few months.

Keith_M
28-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Of all the things they could offer, this is surely the worst idea possible based on what people think of his tactics!

:agree:

It's like offering a course on 'Vladimir Romanov's guide to Financial Prudence and timely paying of Bills'

CallumLaidlaw
28-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Fastly becoming the worst poster on .net. You continue to post accurate and factual comments. I hope it never catches on 😄

Its only taken me 15 years to be fair :greengrin

Kavinho
28-04-2017, 08:42 AM

Pity the maths arent quite right!

Unless Cathys having to pay to attend. . 😅

Sergey
28-04-2017, 09:02 AM
He's a DD canceller as well! What with the cost of bringing up children and all that.

Reminds me of this classic quote:

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur".

Red Adair

Bishop Hibee
28-04-2017, 09:02 AM

Superb stuff 😀

Bostonhibby
28-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Reminds me of this classic quote:

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur".

Red Adair
Aye, certainly looks that way 😊

CRAZYHIBBY
28-04-2017, 05:10 PM
I heard the tombola prizes are pretty decent this year

jacomo
28-04-2017, 05:55 PM
:agree:

It's like offering a course on 'Vladimir Romanov's guide to Financial Prudence and timely paying of Bills'

Dave King: why honesty and transparency matter

Pretty Boy
28-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Dave King: why honesty and transparency matter

Anne Budge: How to pay for a stand with dignity and minimal fuss.

GreenLake
28-04-2017, 06:07 PM
McPhee doesn't really look the part for Cathro's assistant.

Captain Trips
17-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Refunds anyone?

poolman
18-05-2017, 11:18 PM
They're now having a comedy and curry night at the "Stand" to go towards stadium upkeep 😂

That'll get a new tin of paint maybe 🤔