PDA

View Full Version : Scott Martin

Unseen work
27-04-2017, 12:34 AM
Played 5 games this season against

falkirk x 2
Raith x 2
Turriff

We have won 4 of them and drawn the other, scoring 11 and conceding 5.

a player I have always like and have really high hopes for, the above stats are very impressive against teams that are anything but easy, I know it's not all to do with him but to play centre midfield against seasoned pro's having just turned 20 this month is very impressive.

also seems to come across very very mature for his young age.

hopefullly continues to progress and he is a first team regular soon.

BSEJVT
27-04-2017, 06:19 AM
Played 5 games this season against

falkirk x 2
Raith x 2
Turriff

We have won 4 of them and drawn the other, scoring 11 and conceding 5.

a player I have always like and have really high hopes for, the above stats are very impressive against teams that are anything but easy, I know it's not all to do with him but to play centre midfield against seasoned pro's having just turned 20 this month is very impressive.

also seems to come across very very mature for his young age.

hopefullly continues to progress and he is a first team regular soon.

I thought he was excellent for first 30 minutes but very poor afterwards

Part of his learning curve and I hope he progresses

DaveF
27-04-2017, 06:49 AM

Would agree with that. He set off chasing everything down and played very well early on but looked like he suffered later on as a result. Guilty of losing his man at times (and the ball for the Raith opener) but fatigue may have played a part.

I like the look of him though - he tackles hard, can pass (forward and back) and seems like a good prospect. Hopefully he plays in the remaining games.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-04-2017, 06:56 AM
I like the fact he charges about like a maniac to win the ball and as soon as he has it he is calm and composed.

scoopyboy
27-04-2017, 07:01 AM

I agree with that as well.

Couldn't believe he wasn't the one subbed when Marv came on.

calumhibee1
27-04-2017, 07:21 AM

Agreed but IMO it's his first poor game for us so no worries about it. Cracking wee player who is more than capable of playing on a more regular basis for us.

I think he was probably kept on because Fraser Murray looked gubbed by the end and deserved his round of applause. Although Martin could maybe have came off earlier.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2017, 07:24 AM
I think he's a decent enough player. At his age he needs to start playing games and I think he'll struggle to do that as often as he needs to though.

Fuzzywuzzy
27-04-2017, 07:25 AM
He did get clattered with intent at some point so not sure if he started to lose concentration after that?

eastcoasthibby
27-04-2017, 08:18 AM
I agree with that as well.

Couldn't believe he wasn't the one subbed when Marv came on.

A good prospect and absolutely right part of his learning curve to see if he can move up, needs to settle down a bit goes chasing the game too often and loses position and his man but has a cracking attitude and plenty football ability so his playing experience in these games needs to show improvement ..a tenacious player ( wonder if Lennon see's a bit him in his younger days in Scott) !! What a bonus that would be !!!

oneone73
27-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Has he had enough appearances now to get a medal?

To deliver...
27-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Has he had enough appearances now to get a medal?

Im sure it's 5 appearances? Don't quote me on that though.

Forza Fred
27-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Im sure it's 5 appearances? Don't quote me on that though.

Thought they said 12 on Hibs Tv, hence why Evie was playing.

CMurdoch
27-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Thought Martin played well until his mad 15 minutes in the second half.
I was more impressed by Murray. Think he could have come on as a substitute in many games this season and given us a lift. Gutsy energetic guy.