PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Bartley

Pedantic_Hibee
26-04-2017, 09:31 PM
I think I love him.

Got done with a terrible challenge by their number 26 and pointed at him as if to say "I'll get you"

Next chance he gets he empties the boy and Hibs get the free-kick as a bonus.

Nails.

Good to see wee Scott Martin a) backing him up at the initial foul and b) high-fiving big Marv after he got his revenge.

poolman
26-04-2017, 09:34 PM
I think I love him.

Got done with a terrible challenge by their number 26 and pointed at him as if to say "I'll get you"

Nails.

Good to see wee Scott Martin a) backing him up at the initial foul and b) high-fiving big Marv after he got his revenge.

I like stories like that 😀

26-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Got absolutely clattered late second half. You could hear the smack from the back of the West. The RR boy should have been off. Thankfully Bartley seemed ok but might be feeling a wee bit tender tomorrow morning!

Elephant Stone
26-04-2017, 09:41 PM
I love him as well, could say that about so many of them. If we sign Hendo I will be pissing my pants.

18Hibee75
26-04-2017, 09:42 PM
Think Scott Martin could be another Marvin Bartley in the future, he never backs out of a tackle and goes fully 100% into it.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
26-04-2017, 09:48 PM
I think I love him.

Nails.

:greengrin

That was good. Thought it was a free kick to Raith and was surprised when the referee gave it to us.

Dinnae mess with Marv.

S4uzee
26-04-2017, 09:53 PM
Noticed this aswell. Love having players with that attitude compared to the cowards of previous years

BigT-Hibeez
26-04-2017, 09:54 PM
Holts goal then Marvins revenge tackle was the best 5 mins of the match for me!! Loved it!!

gaz1875
26-04-2017, 09:55 PM
I think I love him.

Nails.

Barts was pointing and laughing at the RR player when Keats scored the late winner :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
26-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Barts was pointing and laughing at the RR player when Keats scored the late winner :greengrin

Even better :faf:

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Love big marv...he must stay

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
26-04-2017, 10:19 PM
I think I love him.

Nails.

Anyone know why we got the free-kick?
Looked a strange (but welcome) decision from where I was sitting.

ancient hibee
26-04-2017, 10:20 PM
Astonishing that the ref gave us the free kick when Marv clattered the guy.Mind you he booked Ambrose for failing to get out of the way when someone ran into him.

Baldy Foghorn
26-04-2017, 10:23 PM

Foul given for handball. Marvin never touched him:greengrin

Conj
26-04-2017, 10:24 PM

Gave it for handball by the number 26 before Marv 'done' him

HibeeMassive
26-04-2017, 10:25 PM

He made a gesture to indicate it was a hand ball by the Raith player.

In the run up to their 2nd goal, it was the same no26 who Forster rinsed too. Boy must have regretted that initial challenge in hindsight :greengrin

Mikey09
26-04-2017, 11:08 PM
And all this kind of attitude comes from Lennon. He won't tolerate soft touches.

Vault Boy
26-04-2017, 11:48 PM
Hearing players like Marvin speak during interviews and engage with the supporters on social media is an absolute delight. He's dedicated, well spoken, humble and intelligent - a real asset to the club both as a player and a man.

It's something that seems so superficial but is in fact a real sign of our turnaround these last few seasons; when I think of the way players like Danny Haynes, Rowan Vine and Junior Agogo conducted themselves in these situations, It's completely night and day.

I love Marv, cracking player and complete Hibs class. Hope he's here for a while yet.

poolman
27-04-2017, 12:11 AM
I think I love him.

Nails.

He's just a "Wee Man " 😉

SanFranHibs
27-04-2017, 12:26 AM
Marvin Bartley????

Is that the player who needs to pass the ball 80% better than he does, move the ball quicker than he does, stop dwelling on the ball, jump more than 2 inches off the ground, adapt to games quicker and get himself AT LEAST 10-15 yards in front of our centre halves, who knows his limitations and HIDES when we are in possession of the ball.

:greengrin

P.S. Not my assessment.