PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Murray

oconnors_strip
26-04-2017, 09:12 PM
What a fantastic league debut by young Fraser! Never stopped running and working and deserved man of the match!

Take a bow young man 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

CMurdoch
26-04-2017, 09:15 PM
He did very well.

makaveli1875
26-04-2017, 09:17 PM
how old is he

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Excellent match from the young lad. Didn't look out of place at all and deserved MOTM

To deliver...
26-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Shame he couldn't get a goal to top it off. Man of the match none the less.

GoalsMcGinley
26-04-2017, 09:18 PM
how old is he

18 early next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kato
26-04-2017, 09:20 PM
What a fantastic league debut by young Fraser! Never stopped running and working and deserved man of the match!

Two surnames though. Some on here won't like that.

Dunbar Hibee
26-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Not at the game but seems like we have some very encouraging youngsters coming through. Great stuff.

California-Hibs
26-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Was very impressed with him tonight. He can count himself unlucky not to be on the scoresheet. Rightfully Man Of The Match!

Edinburgh Green
26-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Wot kind of midfielder is he?

B.H.F.C
26-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Actually tries to influence the game instead of just trying to do the easy thing all time.

Can see why he's scored regularly for the 20s.

Frogga
26-04-2017, 09:51 PM
Wot kind of midfielder is he?

Reminds me of Shinnie a bit! He's an attacking mid - I think he can play through the middle or out wide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
26-04-2017, 09:56 PM
Very good debut. His positional play was excellent and he tried to get forward at every opportunity.

Jonnyboy
26-04-2017, 09:57 PM
Very impressed with the laddie. Good movement, good positional sense and some excellent passes.

Vault Boy
26-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Good news. Sounds like the kind of player we need in midfield. Well done Fraser.

3pm
26-04-2017, 10:01 PM
A midfielder who gets himself in the box - encouraging!

First game but already our best ever #57 IMO.

Dashing Bob S
26-04-2017, 10:02 PM

Yes. Far too Jambo for my liking.

ancient hibee
26-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Thought there were more good through balls from Murray,Martin and Harris than we've seen all season.

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Both Fraser and Scott Martin were very good tonight until they tired a bit the last 20...very promising pair of midfielders imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

wookie70
26-04-2017, 10:20 PM
Both Fraser and Scott Martin were very good tonight until they tired a bit the last 20...very promising pair of midfielders imo

Young guns both did well. Fraser looks like the player we have been missing. On another night could have scored twice and won a penalty. A midfielder who bursts a gut to get into the box. Keep him in for the last two games.

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2017, 10:28 PM
Young guns both did well. Fraser looks like the player we have been missing. On another night could have scored twice and won a penalty. A midfielder who bursts a gut to get into the box. Keep him in for the last two games.
Agreed think they both deserve a run in the remaining 2 dead rubbers - always liked Martin when I've seen him...he shirks nothing...and as you say Fraser looks like the box to box type we have missed badly all season

Peevemor
26-04-2017, 10:35 PM
Only because Martin, Humphrey and Graham were using all the forenames.

Vini1875
26-04-2017, 10:50 PM
I thought he looked very good for such a young boy, hopefully we can get his transition right. A bit of hunger and good technique.

Kato
27-04-2017, 12:01 AM
Only because Martin, Humphrey and Graham were using all the forenames.

Touchy.

......i mean touché.

Ardenttwo
27-04-2017, 03:39 AM

Where did we get this boy from ? Is this the laddie from Celtic ?

Haymaker
27-04-2017, 03:47 AM

Isn't that Innes Murray?

AlbertK86
27-04-2017, 04:30 AM
Isn't that Innes Murray?

Yes. Innes came from Celtic but is from Edininburgh

Ardenttwo
27-04-2017, 06:22 AM
Yes. Innes came from Celtic but is from Edininburgh

Hibs signed a laddie from a Highland League club last year and for the life of me I cannot remember his name.

StevieCowan
27-04-2017, 06:24 AM
Hibs signed a laddie from a Highland League club last year and for the life of me I cannot remember his name.

Josh Peters, now at Forfar.

theonlywayisup
27-04-2017, 06:24 AM
After only 5 minutes, I could tell he looked a really good player. His movement, his running into space, his control, his passing etc. I thought great.

Then he showed his willingness to get into the box. I thought wow "we realy have a great looking young footballer here".

I know it's only one game, but I can recall many debuts from one of our young midfielders who did as well as Murray did last night. Spoony is the last that I can think of and that was probably influenced by the goal he scored.

It's up to the lad to show he can do it every game and against better teams than the team struggling at the bottom of the league.

eastcoasthibby
27-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Seen Fraser quite a few times in development games and delighted to see that he brought his game into this level ..a good brain, lots of energy,really good attitude, and ability to match but most of all what I like about him is his capacity to get into good positions that inks the play up really well especially in the oppositions half, he is sharp and not afraid to mix it up with shooting and passing game ..really pleased for him on his performance impressive ...

Mikey
27-04-2017, 08:51 AM
What's likely to happen with him next season? Development loan or push for a starting place?

To deliver...
27-04-2017, 09:07 AM
He's only 17 so would benefit more from playing week in week out in a lower league. Development loan would be the best option.

JDHibs
27-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Only heard encouraging things about him from the people who watch development team, delighted he managed to put on a decent showing in the first team.

Hopefully Lennon thinks the same, gives the lad the last 2 games and you never know, may mean we he gets a good run next season!

If you're good enough, you're old enough. We have 4 or 5 youngsters who are very promising, get them in the 1st team and see what they can do! Porteous, Shaw, Murray, Crane & Martin!

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2017, 09:46 AM
He'll be thrilled with his performance. Well done to him; he could become a big part of the team in the future.

Ozyhibby
27-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Only heard encouraging things about him from the people who watch development team, delighted he managed to put on a decent showing in the first team.

Hopefully Lennon thinks the same, gives the lad the last 2 games and you never know, may mean we he gets a good run next season!

If you're good enough, you're old enough. We have 4 or 5 youngsters who are very promising, get them in the 1st team and see what they can do! Porteous, Shaw, Murray, Crane & Martin!

If we want these lads to develop then they need to be playing games. Martin and Crane are already behind on the number of games they should have at their age. This is a make or break season for them. The other three should be looking to get about 10 1st team games next season.

Brightside
27-04-2017, 10:40 AM

He has came through the age groups in the last few years. I know a guy who coached him who raved about him. A proper two footed player.

JimBHibees
27-04-2017, 10:46 AM
There do appear to be a decent crop of young players at least knocking on the door of the first team squad which hasnt always been the case and can only be a positive sign for the club.

Seveno
27-04-2017, 11:06 AM

Why so negative? Look at it the other way, he has two christian names. :na na:

Seveno
27-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Seen Fraser quite a few times in development games and delighted to see that he brought his game into this level ..a good brain, lots of energy,really good attitude, and ability to match but most of all what I like about him is his capacity to get into good positions that inks the play up really well especially in the oppositions half, he is sharp and not afraid to mix it up with shooting and passing game ..really pleased for him on his performance impressive ...

Good summary of his ability. I look forward to seeing more of him.

overdrive
27-04-2017, 11:45 AM
I thought Murray played very well. He always seemed to get into good positions. I thought Martin had a good opening period then struggled a bit. The booking probably didn't help.

I think this is one of the best things about winning the league with a few games to go. We are able to blood some young players which we haven't been able to do for a few seasons due to being in the play-offs, fighting relegation, etc.

Fergus52
27-04-2017, 12:00 PM
If we want these lads to develop then they need to be playing games. Martin and Crane are already behind on the number of games they should have at their age. This is a make or break season for them. The other three should be looking to get about 10 1st team games next season.

I'd imagine a couple of them will get loans to championship sides

JDHibs
27-04-2017, 12:06 PM

Lennons already spoken to the younger lads regarding their lack of chances this year.

Lennon was under pressure to win the league. Meant having to play his strongest side whenever he could, means blooding youngsters becomes difficult.

Martin and Crane are unlucky. Stevenson is a very reliable left back and Martin is up against Fyvie, McGeouch, Bartley and Mcginn for a chance, probably our strongest midfield in years.

I fully expect to see more youngsters getting a shot next season. No doubt some players will leave that may create a space for these youngsters, some of them like Murray at 17, may still be seen as too young and be loaned out. Shaw, Porteous, Martin and Crane will 100% be in and around the first team next season.

CMurdoch
27-04-2017, 02:28 PM
If your good enough you are old enough.
I thought he was really impressive last night and would have no problem with him coming on as a substitute next season if we need a spark of life.
Alternatively go on loan to a Championship club until Christmas and then reassess.

corby hibee
27-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Sounds promising for the young lad, has he overtook Martin now for a place in the first team?

overdrive
27-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Sounds promising for the young lad, has he overtook Martin now for a place in the first team?

I'd say the play slightly different positions. Martin is probably a deeper sitting midfielder and Murray more advanced.