PDA

View Full Version : Chick Young-muppet

DarlingtonHibee
26-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Why as tax payers are we putting up with this ***** on sportsound!!

Captain Trips
26-04-2017, 05:53 PM
An utter tosser.

Jag7
26-04-2017, 05:56 PM
What is he saying or should I say slavering !

OsloHibs
26-04-2017, 05:59 PM
After his lies on Radio Scotland after the cup final- How is that man still allowed to be a broadcaster?

snooky
26-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Chick Young-muppet

That's extremely no fair to Kermie & co., btw.

CMurdoch
26-04-2017, 09:42 PM
Chic was at Easter Road on Tuesday night

ArmadaleHibs
26-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Is someone going to enlighten us as to what he's said or done.

Billy Whizz
26-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Is someone going to enlighten us to what he's said or done.

No idea, but he did say before the game, that Hibs earned the right to play whatever team they wanted tonight

Kato
26-04-2017, 09:48 PM

What was he guffing off about this time?

Topographic Hibby
26-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Has anyone challenged him over his cup final aftermath comments yet? Nobody from club or supporters should be giving him unfettered access to the airwaves to spout single fish until he has apologised, retracted, redacted or basically been shown to be a bare faced liar.

Waxy
26-04-2017, 10:10 PM
Didnt hear it but i guess he'll have been moaning about us putting our reserves out as he's a "St Mirren" fan.

greenlex
26-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Didnt hear it but i guess he'll have been moaning about us putting our reserves out as he's a "St Mirren" fan.

Quite the opposite.

GreenLake
26-04-2017, 10:40 PM
The BBC is trying to please the majority of listeners who prefer to support clubs that have a history of not paying taxes.

Andy74
26-04-2017, 10:42 PM

Might help to explain what you're on about.

Iggy Pope
26-04-2017, 10:49 PM
The BBC is trying to please the majority of listeners who prefer to support clubs that have a history of not paying taxes.

Can you enlighten us on what he is meant to have said then?

Captain Trips
26-04-2017, 10:58 PM
I believe he said he saw The Rangers players actually being punched etc etc when it as appears none of that happened.

vuefrom1875
26-04-2017, 11:15 PM
An utter tosser.

Absolute nonentity. Not on your life he's a journalist or a pundit. These a##eholes have a nice wee niche going on in the BBC weggie with there cohorts, Preston, ferguson, Gordon ect.Had the misfortune to tune in a few Saturdays ago and it was like a bunch of guys in a boozer,all talking over one another, discussing football results.... Embarrassing! Let's dispel this myth about 'Chic' being a St.Mirren fan,He's a Hun!

Hibby Bairn
27-04-2017, 06:36 AM
I guess we'll never find out then!

Mikers110
27-04-2017, 07:14 AM
The bit I heard before getting out the car was along the lines of Lennon had earned the right to play whatever team he saw fit against RR. And the punishment given to Lennon was fair. So unless I missed something I don't get the the muppet comment, unless it's in general, and not just referring to last night.

hibsbollah
27-04-2017, 07:26 AM
He's just part of the usual BBC Scotland Glasgow-obsessed cabal that's been going on ever since year dot.

Sometimes you forget you dont live in a normal country, and then you tune into coverage like yesterdays, where they led the broadcast by talking about a youth game, a ****ing youth game! between Rangers and Celtic, a hun pundit comes on banging on about how its sad these games dont get the attendances they did in yesteryear etc etc, some analysis about who were the favourites blah blah, and then finally deigned to mention that also this evening in the actual world of grownup football Hibs were playing Raith Rovers in a vital game for one of the clubs involved. :rolleyes:

For some reason there are still people on this site who believe the 'west coast bias' thing is a product of our paranoia and the BBC aint that bad really and off the ball is amusing. Hibs TV was the best purchase I made this year.

hibs0666
27-04-2017, 07:32 AM
Lol what a thread this is.

makaveli1875
27-04-2017, 07:38 AM
The bit I heard before getting out the car was along the lines of Lennon had earned the right to play whatever team he saw fit against RR. And the punishment given to Lennon was fair. So unless I missed something I don't get the the muppet comment, unless it's in general, and not just referring to last night.

he said that before the line up was announced . Then when the other guy said we had made 10 changes chic said thats outrageous but he was clearly joking :greengrin

lapsedhibee
27-04-2017, 07:46 AM
he said that before the line up was announced . Then when the other guy said we had made 10 changes chic said thats outrageous but he was clearly joking :greengrin
He's a card, isn't he.

northstandhibby
27-04-2017, 07:50 AM
He's just part of the usual BBC Scotland Glasgow-obsessed cabal that's been going on ever since year dot.

Sometimes you forget you dont live in a normal country, and then you tune into coverage like yesterdays, where they led the broadcast by talking about a youth game, a ****ing youth game! between Rangers and Celtic, a hun pundit comes on banging on about how its sad these games dont get the attendances they did in yesteryear etc etc, some analysis about who were the favourites blah blah, and then finally deigned to mention that also this evening in the actual world of grownup football Hibs were playing Raith Rovers in a vital game for one of the clubs involved. :rolleyes:

For some reason there are still people on this site who believe the 'west coast bias' thing is a product of our paranoia and the BBC aint that bad really and off the ball is amusing. Hibs TV was the best purchase I made this year.

Absolutely 100%

When viewers and listeners are bombarded with the likes of Tam Cowan, Barry and Derek, Richard Wilson, Keith Jackson, Allan Preston, Kenny Mac, Graham Spiers etc etc etc, a great number are bound to become affected by Stockholm Syndrome type.

There are a few good uns surrounded by the vast majority of hunyams.

Scottish football coverage and punditry is beyond parody.

glory glory

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2017, 08:55 AM
I'll be honest, in general, I enjoy Sportsound as a show. I listen to the podcast every day. Spiers & English are both good, Kenny Mac is a decent enough presenter, Keith Jackson also tends to come across ok if you forget about the stuff he writes. The regular guests like Tam McManus, Scott McDonald and Barry ferguson all add something, and recently they've had some really excellent pieces like the stuff with Andy McLaren, the team mates pieces, and the intervie with Frank Kopels wife.
Yes I was a bit peed off when I got back in the car last night and all I heard was them discussing the youth cup final which then developed into the Old Firm full teams. BUT, every show is always going to pander to their larger audience.

jockspanner
27-04-2017, 09:24 AM
He's a card, isn't he.

Maybe I am just losing it but did he not retire after last season ? Or am I thinking of someone else.

JeMeSouviens
27-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Maybe I am just losing it but did he not retire after last season ? Or am I thinking of someone else.

He said he was going to. False dawn. :rolleyes:

hibs0666
27-04-2017, 09:49 AM
I'll be honest, in general, I enjoy Sportsound as a show. I listen to the podcast every day. Spiers & English are both good, Kenny Mac is a decent enough presenter, Keith Jackson also tends to come across ok if you forget about the stuff he writes. The regular guests like Tam McManus, Scott McDonald and Barry ferguson all add something, and recently they've had some really excellent pieces like the stuff with Andy McLaren, the team mates pieces, and the intervie with Frank Kopels wife.
Yes I was a bit peed off when I got back in the car last night and all I heard was them discussing the youth cup final which then developed into the Old Firm full teams. BUT, every show is always going to pander to their larger audience.

Far too much common sense mate. Haters gotta hate I suppose.

Jones28
27-04-2017, 09:54 AM

My exact views too: "beautifully ****ing illustrated" said sick-boy

Aldo
27-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Haven't listened to any of the BBC crap in a very very long time.

I would like to respond in kind to the OP however my response maybe followed by a ban or a warning from the .net admins. In view of this better left unsaid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
27-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Couldn't agree more. I like Sportsound. Some really good feature pieces this year and they did a really good show from ER on Tuesday night.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Got back to the car last night and turned on the radio to be subjected to 15 minutes analysis of the Ugly sisters youth team game .... never heard mention of Hibs v Raith ............... what a country.

On a different note ..... the announcement at ER that the crowd was 13,000 finally put to bed any confusion as to whether Hibs count non attending ST holders in our crowd figures

givescotlandfreedom
27-04-2017, 11:05 AM
I believe he said he saw The Rangers players actually being punched etc etc when it as appears none of that happened.

Chick Young reported the fictitious guff about Hibs fans whipping hun players/fans with their belts too.

Billy Whizz
27-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Couldn't agree more. I like Sportsound. Some really good feature pieces this year and they did a really good show from ER on Tuesday night.

I listen most nights, enjoy the programme

marinello59
27-04-2017, 11:09 AM

He did retire and now works as freelancer. I think. Nice wee earner for him in his dotage.

CMurdoch
27-04-2017, 12:40 PM

I was standing next to them when they were recording the show and had an overwhelming desire to do a Chic impression. Then a Hibee nearby dropped his guts and everyone moved. A true story!

WhileTheChief..
27-04-2017, 12:49 PM
The folk that hate the BBC, Chick Young and Sportsound in particular are the same folk that claim never to listen it. Go figure.

Do any of you like anything to do with Scottish football that isn't Hibs?

Almost every thread is just hate filled moaning about something.

stoneyburn hibs
27-04-2017, 12:51 PM
The folk that hate the BBC, Chick Young and Sportsound in particular are the same folk that claim never to listen it. Go figure.

I agree with your first paragraph.

hibs0666
27-04-2017, 01:26 PM

I think it's an Edinburgh trait - glasses constantly half or fully empty. You see exactly the same trait in keechboak and the Evening News comments.

CMurdoch
27-04-2017, 01:35 PM
We are lucky to have BBC football programmes. I like guys like Speirs and English and don't see the biases that some on here get their knickers in a twist about.
The radio broadcasts are high quality and generally interesting.
If you have ever watched the weegified guff of the truly wretched Peter and Roughie Football Show you will know how bad the alternatives are.

hibsbollah
27-04-2017, 01:36 PM

Its nothing to do with 'hate'. It's a process of listening to something, identifying it as a load of cack and pointing out that its a load of cack.

northstandhibby
27-04-2017, 01:44 PM

The same Scottish media that banned any mention of the old huns being liquidated and we're supposed to just move on, take it on the chin and keep listening to the same old hun-fest.

Well its not for me and as for that Cowan fella, dearie me.

glory glory

Kato
27-04-2017, 02:04 PM
I think it's an Edinburgh trait - .

You don't give up, do you.