hibees 7062
25-04-2017, 11:22 PM
Signing for St Johnstone

SteveHFC
25-04-2017, 11:28 PM
Source?:greengrin

Heisenberg
25-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Saw it mentioned elsewhere earlier tonight. Not seen any newspaper articles yet. Wouldn't be surprised if he was leaving considering he hardly played for us in the Championship.

Craigmount Hibs
25-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Not surprised. When given an opportunity this season he mostly didn't take it. Shame, as I always thought he was a difficult opponent when at Dundee Utd and Ross Co.

Col2
25-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Hope so. Not good enough for us in top league and clears another position out the way to replace.

HibsNutter
25-04-2017, 11:33 PM
Thank ****. Thought we'd have to keep him with the extra year on his contract.

hibees 7062
25-04-2017, 11:38 PM
Source?:greengrin

Ma neebs

cabbageandribs1875
25-04-2017, 11:40 PM
i'l never understand why we got him in the first place, good luck to him though and i hope he at least gets more regular game time at another club

Diclonius
26-04-2017, 12:09 AM
Was given a chance as our 4th choice striker and did little to justify it. Cheers for the goals in any case Brian, good luck at the Saints.

anon1875
26-04-2017, 12:48 AM
He's the biggest man on the pitch almost every game and he gets ragged dolled by sub par center halfs. You wouldn't see Holt get bullied like he does.

powder puff

Vault Boy
26-04-2017, 01:17 AM
Not sad to see him leave, but best of luck to Brian. Funnily enough, St Johnstone fans seem to hold a grudge over the way he left them last time, apparently he didn't let the club know he signed on a pre contract elsewhere.

California-Hibs
26-04-2017, 01:45 AM
Really really hope this is true!

Dashing Bob S
26-04-2017, 01:48 AM
Wish him well. Never really showed much at Hibs, but strikers can be funny and it wouldn't really be a big surprise if he hit a purple patch in a different environment.

Can't help feeling that by nicking Swanson and dumping Graham we've double-weakened StJohnstone.

Centre Hawf
26-04-2017, 01:52 AM
I hold nothing against the man, it's just not worked out for him here. He started quite well and chipped in a few goals then it all dried up and it looked like he was suffering from the "trying too hard" disease most strikers on a dry run have, if that makes any sense.

Still though I'm happy to free up the wage and the space in the team for someone else.

CMurdoch
26-04-2017, 02:22 AM
No mention of this anywhere online

Viva_Palmeiras
26-04-2017, 02:39 AM
No mention of this anywhere online

Apart from here ;)

PeterboroHibee
26-04-2017, 05:23 AM
He hasnt delivered this season, and his record at Premiership level also isnt great, so not a huge loss. His best season was probably at St Johnstone so it makes sense for him, and hes the sort of player they seem to be able to get the most out of.

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2017, 05:27 AM
This if its true is a great result, as DBS says, we have signed one of their best players and weakened them by giving them Graham.

He's a very poor player, who looks like a man mountain, but has little ability and couldnt shift a very inconsistent Grant Holt from the team.

We should be seeing a very different forward line next season, if Cummings is off, we will have a completely new pairing up front?

hibbydog
26-04-2017, 05:40 AM
Graham for Swanson. What a swap we've pulled off !!

Moulin Yarns
26-04-2017, 05:42 AM
5 goals in 8 starts was a decent return. less so when you add the substitute appearances.

Pete
26-04-2017, 06:28 AM
Hmmm. I'll treat this as fake news until it's confirmed.

Good back up for us in the championship but we need better. Good luck to him if he does leave.

brog
26-04-2017, 06:42 AM
5 goals in 8 starts was a decent return. less so when you add the substitute appearances.

One of those goals was against Turiff & he hadn't scored for 5 months. In fact IIRC he scored as many goals for RC in 1 month this season as he did for us. Like every ex player i wish him well but he was never going to be good enough.

jacomo
26-04-2017, 06:56 AM
Just clearing the decks for you know who...

:hyper

neil7908
26-04-2017, 07:04 AM
If true this is the right move for the player and ourselves.

Guarantee he scores against us next year!

DH1875
26-04-2017, 07:31 AM
Take it he's available on a free. Can't see any club paying anything to sign him.

1van Sprou7e
26-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Watch him score 15+ goals next season

keep the faith
26-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Watch him score 15+ goals next season

Hope he does. Getting him off the payroll and a good move is perfect for all parties.

Carheenlea
26-04-2017, 08:52 AM
He scored one of my favourite goals of the season against Morton (I think) early in the campaign - a long raking cross from almost the edge of the pitch from Cummings which Graham bulleted home with the head. Thought that would be one of a barrowload he would score for us, but it didn't really happen. Good luck to him should he move to Saints.

wookie70
26-04-2017, 09:09 AM
He scored one of my favourite goals of the season against Morton (I think) early in the campaign - a long raking cross from almost the edge of the pitch from Cummings which Graham bulleted home with the head. Thought that would be one of a barrowload he would score for us, but it didn't really happen. Good luck to him should he move to Saints.

No point in him staying as Lennon clearly didn't rate him. Good return in terms of goals per minutes on the pitch but you can't score from the bench and that was where he sat most of the season. Mind you most of the strikers barring JC couldn't score on teh pitch.

IanM
26-04-2017, 09:31 AM
If Graham does go and with Holt not being offered a new deal and potential of some kinda bid for JC our striking targets need to be Identified asap. Not saying JC would go but I hope they have solid targets in mind

J-C
26-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Strange signing at the time but understood it was as cover for Holt, for a big lad he was pretty weak, couldn't jump which was weird for a lad of around 6'4" but with him and possibly Holt leaving, maybe Lennon will go for the smaller more mobile striker to partner JC ( or whoever if JC leaves too ).

Smartie
26-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Strange signing at the time but understood it was as cover for Holt, for a big lad he was pretty weak, couldn't jump which was weird for a lad of around 6'4" but with him and possibly Holt leaving, maybe Lennon will go for the smaller more mobile striker to partner JC ( or whoever if JC leaves too ).

I wouldn't say he couldn't jump. He had a decent enough game at Greenock the other week, winning a reasonable amount in the air.

He scored a couple of very good goals (the Morton one mentioned above and another one at the same end when he chested it down and finished - can't remember who against) and he got a couple of scrappy but important ones.

He played his part but I don't know if he's quite good enough for the step up next year.

Far from our worst signing, he put in a shift when asked and we should be grateful for his contribution if he does move on.

Jones28
26-04-2017, 09:52 AM
I think he's been decent when given the chance. Good luck to him, played his part and made a reasonable contribution.

greenlex
26-04-2017, 10:07 AM
I hope he stays. Still has a year left IIRC

Onceinawhile
26-04-2017, 10:09 AM
If Graham does go and with Holt not being offered a new deal and potential of some kinda bid for JC our striking targets need to be Identified asap. Not saying JC would go but I hope they have solid targets in mind

I thought everyone out of contract had been offered a deal?

offshorehibby
26-04-2017, 10:14 AM

People might have been offered deals but maybe not as good as the deal they're currently on.

Wish him all the best but if we can bring better and more goals, it's a good move.

CallumLaidlaw
26-04-2017, 10:18 AM

Lennon and Holt have both confirmed that Holt hasn't been offered anything yet. Lennon says Holt is an isolated circumstance - he wants him to stay but might be outwith his control.

kaimendhibs
26-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Wasnt the worst striker ive seen at ER. Good luck to him

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

heretoday
26-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Good news.

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Nope neither Holt ot Humphrey have according to EEN today

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
26-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Lennon and Holt have both confirmed that Holt hasn't been offered anything yet. Lennon says Holt is an isolated circumstance - he wants him to stay but might be outwith his control.

Hadn't seen that. Cheers.

ShinyFantastic
26-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Hopeless footballer. Good riddance (hopefully)

Keyser Sauzee
26-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Is this being reported anywhere? Hope it's true as we need a lot better than him next year and it will help to get him off the wage bill.

easty
26-04-2017, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't say he couldn't jump. He had a decent enough game at Greenock the other week, winning a reasonable amount in the air.

He scored a couple of very good goals (the Morton one mentioned above and another one at the same end when he chested it down and finished - can't remember who against) and he got a couple of scrappy but important ones.

He played his part but I don't know if he's quite good enough for the step up next year.

Far from our worst signing, he put in a shift when asked and we should be grateful for his contribution if he does move on.

When he came on against Aberdeen it was obviously cos we were going to be going long.

I'm sure his first aerial challenge was against Logan, probably the smallest guy in their team, and he got beat to the ball. Brutal.

He's ****ing diddy.

E10 Rifle
26-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Just clearing the decks for you know who...

Deek? (could still do a job)

Unseen work
26-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Surprised he is getting as good a move as St Johnstone.

tbf to him though, recently I felt he offered a lot more than holt and could actually see him scoring or causing a threat to the opposition.

Holt however won me over on Saturday.

MB62
26-04-2017, 01:27 PM
Surprised he is getting as good a move as St Johnstone.

tbf to him though, recently I felt he offered a lot more than holt and could actually see him scoring or causing a threat to the opposition.

Holt however won me over on Saturday.

:agree:

Thought he was always more of a goal threat than Holt ever was 9except for his MOTM performance on Saturday)

The only combination we didn't see up front during the season was Holt & Graham and I was hoping we might see that in the last three games. It might have just worked, or it could have been a comedy? :greengrin

CMurdoch
26-04-2017, 01:28 PM
Best curb the excitement. There is but 1 single submission an hour ago asking about this possible transfer on the St Johnstone supporters forum and a single piss take reply to it.
Think it is wishful thinking on our part.

Eyrie
26-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Graham was brought in as a cheap option for our fourth striker.

I expected him to be kept in that role for next season because he was under contract but if he has the chance to go elsewhere for regular football then I'll wish him luck except against us.

However if Graham is away and Holt's future is up in the air, I can only assume that we're ready to make our move for two new strikers as soon as the season is over. That could suggest that the players in question are under contract for next year or else there would be rumours about pre-contracts being signed.

JDHibs
26-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Thought he would do well here, but every time hes had his chance hes flattered to deceive. Pretty certain he wouldnt have left Ross Co if he knew he would be back up to Holt, only start 8 games and most of his appearances be 10 min cameos when we are struggling.

If we are lining up a better replacement for him then happy for him to go. The Dutch lad we are apparently after fits the bill.

Thanks Brian for your contribution to our title winning season and good luck for the future.

Haymaker
26-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Deek? (could still do a job)

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Folk do realise this isn't confirmed anywhere right?? Think we r all getting a bit excited he isn't gone yet

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
26-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Had a huge hand in a huge victory for us at a time when results weren't great, too many draws. He was the one who won a header and flicked the ball on to Keatings to then score the winner against chorus tons hammer throwers. Good luck to him if he leaves. As someone said earlier, not the worst I've seen at ER.

emerald green
26-04-2017, 05:19 PM
I heard a couple of randoms talking about it on the 26 bus, so it definitely must be true. :rolleyes:

Aldo
26-04-2017, 05:44 PM
I heard a couple of randoms talking about it on the 26 bus, so it definitely must be true. :rolleyes:

Think your wrong btw. I heard Jordi and Antonio talking about it whilst they were in the Greggs queue!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Hopefully for him he will get a regular game and that might help him get going. Signing for a top six team is not a bad move.

500miles
26-04-2017, 06:29 PM
He's a penalty box striker and that's it. He'll probably end up with a one in three goal record next year if he gets consistent game time at wherever he ends up.

Limited, but hardly the huddy some are making out.

Nicho87
26-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Good news. Wish him all the best. But good for move both parties

greenlex
26-04-2017, 10:34 PM
Lovely through balls to Humphrey tonight. The first goal came from one. Was poor in the air to be fair. Played decent with his back to goal tonight. I actually think he's better on the deck than in the air.

Vini1875
26-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Good luck to him, thought he was a trier, but we need to signing players who are a lot better. I'd be very surprised if the St J story was true.

hibsdaft
27-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Lovely through balls to Humphrey tonight. The first goal came from one. Was poor in the air to be fair. Played decent with his back to goal tonight. I actually think he's better on the deck than in the air.

Agree with that. Some of his link up play was excellent last night.

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Signing for St Johnstone

so, what's happening then, appears to have stalled :dunno: