PDA

View Full Version : Tynecastle

hibbysam
25-04-2017, 06:08 PM
The Budgie has released info for their season tickets. Cat B in the roseburn which means that we will be getting the whole stand unless their ST holders increase substantially and outstrip demand which I doubt highly.

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2017, 06:11 PM
The way things are going there we will probably get half the new stand as well.

Diclonius
25-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Woohoo! No mad dash for tickets except when there is.

Billy Whizz
25-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Probably only have to go to Tynie once next season, as they will be bottom 6

wpj
25-04-2017, 06:16 PM
https://goo.gl/images/F3F0NJ

New stand (if link works)

Bostonhibby
25-04-2017, 06:30 PM
The way things are going there we will probably get half the new stand as well.
That's great because it looks like it will be pretty easy to dismantle if it ever gets put up. Where would we put it though?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Morganleith
25-04-2017, 06:31 PM
The Budgie has released info for their season tickets. Cat B in the roseburn which means that we will be getting the whole stand unless their ST holders increase substantially and outstrip demand which I doubt highly.

Thats always the case for us there though. Just like we give them an end. A gentlemans agreement from years ago. It's only different for them cause they will be giving the uglies that end instead of half

hibbysam
25-04-2017, 06:33 PM
Thats always the case for us there though. Just like we give them an end. A gentlemans agreement from years ago. It's only different for them cause they will be giving the uglies that end instead of half

I can guarantee you if we were up this year that we would not have got he full end.

lapsedhibee
25-04-2017, 06:39 PM
I can guarantee you if we were up this year that we would not have got he full end.

Is it a sign that Mrs Budge is not expecting the full houses next year that they've had at every home match this season? :dunno:

Sir David Gray
25-04-2017, 06:44 PM

They were selling full season tickets in the Roseburn this season so we would have only got about 1600 tickets this season if we had been in the Premiership.

Ringothedog
25-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Is it a sign that Mrs Budge is not expecting the full houses next year that they've had at every home match this season? :dunno:

I would guess that it's due to their increased capacity next season.

hibbysam
25-04-2017, 07:29 PM

She has stated in every statement that she must 'maximise revenue' so this is her way of saying she can't trust them to sell 2-2500 more tickets than they are selling now.

brianmc
25-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Bloody hell!! Have you checked out their pricing? Even if you ignore the fact they think there are silver/gold/platinum sections of the piggery it's still eye watering.

For example: For me and my 18 year old daughter, sitting in the East at the half way line for next season I'll be paying £470(£360 early bird Adult + £110 student)

The equivalent seating in the Wheatfield for an Adult/student combo comes in at
£775 (£470 adult, £305 student)
*of course this part of the stadium is classed as PLATINUM 😂😂😂

tamig
25-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Bloody hell!! Have you checked out their pricing? Even if you ignore the fact they think there are silver/gold/platinum sections of the piggery it's still eye watering.

For example: For me and my 18 year old daughter, sitting in the East at the half way line for next season I'll be paying £470(£360 early bird Adult + £110 student)

Those prices are shocking. You do get a nice cushion on your seat though 😄

Dibben
25-04-2017, 08:12 PM

The most expensive seats should be the back rows - as you'll not get a creek in your neck watching the ball fly through the air constantly!!!

Is It On....
25-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Those prices are shocking. You do get a nice cushion on your seat though 😄

And a free brick to build a BBQ?

tamig
25-04-2017, 08:17 PM
And a free brick to build a BBQ?

No chance. Need to pay separately for the brick. Maximising income as the budgie chirps.

SirDavidsNapper
25-04-2017, 08:32 PM
They should seriously consider giving Hibs and the old firm a couple of sections of their new stand when it's built as well as the bus shelter behind the goals. They can't fill their stadium as it is at the moment.

tamig
25-04-2017, 08:44 PM
They should seriously consider giving Hibs and the old firm a couple of sections of their new stand when it's built as well as the bus shelter behind the goals. They can't fill their stadium as it is at the moment.

You saying Scott Wilson tells porkies?

SirDavidsNapper
25-04-2017, 09:00 PM
You saying Scott Wilson tells porkies?
We are ment to ignore the pink seats dotted around the place 😉

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

GreenLake
25-04-2017, 11:01 PM

Lead/Tin/Asbestos would more fitting.

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2017, 11:27 PM
Be interesting to see how many ST's they sell next term.

Dav1986
25-04-2017, 11:40 PM
They were selling full season tickets in the Roseburn this season so we would have only got about 1600 tickets this season if we had been in the Premiership.

If they did that to us, I'd have hoped/expected we would have cut their allocation for games at ER. Always thought that there was a 'gentleman's agreement' with both clubs regarding allocation so if they went back on it, I'd expect us to do the same.

Diclonius
26-04-2017, 12:10 AM
Hearts' prices are absolutely mental, particularly for students. I'd be raging if I had to pay that much after their form this season.

lord bunberry
26-04-2017, 12:22 AM
Hearts' prices are absolutely mental, particularly for students. I'd be raging if I had to pay that much after their form this season.
Let's be honest if you're bright enough to go to university, then you're probably not going to be following hearts.

jgl07
26-04-2017, 09:33 AM
So Hearts are ditching their 'cheap season ticket' policy that was established to orove they were the 'big club' in Edinburgh.

I will be interested to see what impact that all has on attendances.

It seems to be a move to revenue maximisation. That demands that the away end is full for Celtic, Sevco and Hibs matches by people paying full price rather than half full with those on discounted season tickets.

Big_Franck
26-04-2017, 09:49 AM

Agree that their student prices are high, but ours are too low IMO. 110 quid for a student ST is giving it away, somewhere in between our prices and theirs would be about right.

Jones28
26-04-2017, 09:51 AM
So based on those prices it would be in the region of £1000 for a family of 4 to get half decent seats - plus the £100 per season each to secure their seats for cup games, plus the costs of a cup ticket?

Who the **** do they think they are charging that kind of money? :confused::confused::confused:

Jag7
26-04-2017, 10:01 AM
So based on those prices it would be in the region of £1000 for a family of 4 to get half decent seats - plus the £100 per season each to secure their seats for cup games, plus the costs of a cup ticket?

Who the **** do they think they are charging that kind of money? :confused::confused::confused:

Fools and their money are easily parted 😂😂

greenlex
26-04-2017, 10:10 AM

Plus your die hard DD to FOH.££££££££

26-04-2017, 10:49 AM
So Hearts are ditching their 'cheap season ticket' policy that was established to orove they were the 'big club' in Edinburgh.

I will be interested to see what impact that all has on attendances.

It seems to be a move to revenue maximisation. That demands that the away end is full for Celtic, Sevco and Hibs matches by people paying full price rather than half full with those on discounted season tickets.

Indeed. In fact Budge as much as admits that in this line from the update on their website re STs : "We are aware that this will not be a popular decision with all fans, but we hope you will appreciate the economic reality involved, namely that the Club must try to maximise attendance."

By maximise attendance she actually means revenue!

CMurdoch
26-04-2017, 11:26 AM
Plus your die hard DD to FOH.££££££££

Even some of the diehards will have to think about pulling the plug on their DD.
The new stand was the game changer. They should have left Nielson in charge and kept investment in the team at a low level for a couple of years until they had made a major dent in paying for the new stand. What they have tried to do is both at once and it has blown up in their faces resulting in additional pressure on the fans to put more money in. £305 for a student season ticket is mental. We should be making a mega push for students at all freshers weeks etc. A lot of students from elsewhere in the country end up working here after there studies and supporting the club for life so a wee bit of effort could pay off for years to come.

Not In The Know
26-04-2017, 11:53 AM
So to compare:

Easter Road:
Best view seat in East Stand and Main Stand with the "privilege" of getting first dibs on your seat for a cup game. £380

Tincastle
Best view seat in the Wheatfield and Main stand £470, plus another £100 for the privilege of buying a ticket to watch HOMFC IF they get a home tie and fail to progress in the SC at a preliminary round = £570

Not to mention the FOH Direct debits, Cake bakes, and pedalo raffles.

SO, plus the average FOH Debit and more expensive season tickets, our jumbo believers are paying out nearly £500 a season more than us for an inferior product.

Crazy. how long can they put up with that?

wookie70
26-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Is maximising ticket revenue in favour of Dads not beneficial to Budge. She would end up with the same stadium, which she would own, but not have to give up any shares.

Jack
26-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Is maximising ticket revenue in favour of Dads not beneficial to Budge. She would end up with the same stadium, which she would own, but not have to give up any shares.

That was my thought - although I think it's DDs rather than selling their unknown parent!

Aye. If FoH don't get the money in because folk are buying very expensive tickets instead they'll never be able to buy her shares.

Pete
26-04-2017, 03:58 PM
So to compare:

Easter Road:
Best view seat in East Stand and Main Stand with the "privilege" of getting first dibs on your seat for a cup game. £380

Tincastle
Best view seat in the Wheatfield and Main stand £470, plus another £100 for the privilege of buying a ticket to watch HOMFC IF they get a home tie and fail to progress in the SC at a preliminary round = £570

Not to mention the FOH Direct debits, Cake bakes, and pedalo raffles.

SO, plus the average FOH Debit and more expensive season tickets, our jumbo believers are paying out nearly £500 a season more than us for an inferior product.

Crazy. how long can they put up with that?

That sort of pricing is unsustainable even if your team is doing well but with Cathro in charge for the long term?

Getting the whole Roseburn is a given and I feel like the tide is finally turning.

wookie70
26-04-2017, 05:03 PM
That was my thought - although I think it's DDs rather than selling their unknown parent!

Aye. If FoH don't get the money in because folk are buying very expensive tickets instead they'll never be able to buy her shares.

DDs it was, spellcheck is a pain sometimes

Not In The Know
26-04-2017, 07:45 PM
a poor start to next season and the DDs will start to drop off.

Especially if we continually ram the £500 a year more than us stat down their throats.

BenjiOscar
27-04-2017, 07:49 AM
I see their programme of events has been published. According to a tweet sent out this morning, you can go back in time to a meet the manager night on 08.04.17. Does nobody do any checking or proof reading of communications that lot send out?

There is also reference to cake sales in the event programme and you can even buy a season ticket for the various money-grabbing schemes! Fleecing the yams for every penny. Budge has them by the short and curlies.

green&left
27-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Some good pricing to be fair, the lower tiers in behind the goals and the side stands at £300 and £320 are decent value. Its the difference in prices for seats in the same stands that is mental.

The person in the top row of the "bottom" tier will pay £150 less than the person in the bottom row in the "top" tier. Extra £150 to sit about 8 inches higher. Similarly the person in the very end block of the side stands will be £170 cheaper than their fellow jambo who will be sitting a meter to the right or left of them in the next block. Crazy.

Renfrew_Hibby
27-04-2017, 08:26 AM
They're being taken for mugs for gods sakes! Can they no see it?

Bostonhibby
27-04-2017, 08:33 AM
These are the people who swallowed vlads outrageous promises hook line and sinker so that'll be a no.

hibbymac
27-04-2017, 09:10 AM

Even more so now, .... £15 to learn about Cathros tactics :agree:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-bosses-ian-cathro-austin-10304879

DaveF
27-04-2017, 09:22 AM
Even more so now, .... £15 to learn about Cathros tactics :agree:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-bosses-ian-cathro-austin-10304879

Wow. The cardigan brigade will lap that up.

GreenLake
27-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Let's be honest if you're bright enough to go to university, then you're probably not going to be following hearts.

:faf:

jgl07
27-04-2017, 01:44 PM
DDs it was, spellcheck is a pain sometimes

I thought that DDs was John Robertson's bra size?

Jim44
06-05-2017, 07:20 PM
On Off The Ball today, Mchael Stewart said that the SFA had missed a trick by not subsidising the Tynecastle development in order to create a 30k plus stadium, to accommodate cup semi finals, etc. How popular would that have been to see the poppy thieves get an ill-deserved handout as they struggle to finance their project?

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 07:42 PM
On Off The Ball today, Mchael Stewart said that the SFA had missed a trick by not subsidising the Tynecastle development in order to create a 30k plus stadium, to accommodate cup semi finals, etc. How popular would that have been to see the poppy thieves get an ill-deserved handout as they struggle to finance their project?
My god!!! What planet do these imbeciles live on? The SFA shouldn't be subsiding any clubs if it's going to give them a sporting advantage. It hardly sets a great example to every other club that has had to face the financial hardships that renovating their stadium caused. Hearts spent other people's money to gain an advantage while the rest of us spent what we had rebuilding our stadiums and that joker wants them to be rewarded for it. I hope he was shot down in flames.

O'Rourke3
06-05-2017, 07:47 PM
I thought both presenters missed the opportunity to point out that means Hearts are not going to get to many semis then.. Or the fact there's no space there to add a further 5- 10000 seats. Or with 15000 empty seats every other week the best atmosphere for a stadium was going to be history...

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 07:51 PM
You'd think the interest payments that are accruing for Budge would be enough for her. Greedy mare.

Peevemor
06-05-2017, 08:15 PM
You'd think the interest payments that are accruing for Budge would be enough for her. Greedy mare.
She's giving them a 2 year interest holiday, which is effectively her donating tens of thousands to the club.

Envoyé de mon Paris en utilisant Tapatalk

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 08:18 PM
She's giving them a 2 year interest holiday, which is effectively her donating tens of thousands to the club.

Envoyé de mon Paris en utilisant Tapatalk
Silly mare

where'stheslope
07-05-2017, 10:25 AM
My god!!! What planet do these imbeciles live on? The SFA shouldn't be subsiding any clubs if it's going to give them a sporting advantage. It hardly sets a great example to every other club that has had to face the financial hardships that renovating their stadium caused. Hearts spent other people's money to gain an advantage while the rest of us spent what we had rebuilding our stadiums and that joker wants them to be rewarded for it. I hope he was shot down in flames.

Its never been done before? Has it? Queens park must have rebuilt Hampden all by themselves!!!!

07-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Still get ma kill everytime I hear them talking about "platinum" and "gold" seating sections. Tynecastle is an absolute dump of the highest order, its a dull, horrible colour, its grotty and generally very cheap and nasty looking and they have "platinum" and "gold" sections ?! :faf::faf::faf:

Is that just the sections of the stadium where you have the least likely chance of inhaling asbestos or something? Or maybe they just want to know where the wealthier punters sit so they know what areas to go to first when rattling the begging bowls again. You can give it all the fancy names you want but you can't polish a turd, tynecastle always has been and always will be a total dump. Genuinely nothing attractive about it at all.

Bostonhibby
07-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Maybe they'll help us out with that much needed helipad as well?

Got to be a better bet than giving a wedge of cash to charity thieves so their millionaire owners secured assets value can be increased.

Eyrie
07-05-2017, 11:54 AM
Its never been done before? Has it? Queens park must have rebuilt Hampden all by themselves!!!!

Queens Park didn't gain a competitive advantage when Hampden was (badly) rebuilt.

Using SFA or government money to pay for an improved stadium at Tynecastle would give Hearts an unfair advantage over teams like Aberdeen that would have to fund a new stadium from their own resources, or teams like us who have already done so. The same logic applies to assisting the likes of Falkirk to finish their stadium.

The only acceptable assistance would be if the SFA provided loan funding at a fair market rate* to a club wanting to improve its facilities. The club would still have to pay for the work appropriate to their own needs rather than some national issue but would be able to get it done sooner because they wouldn't have to approach a commercial lender, who would be likely to reject any request from a football club anyway.

*6.2% is the going rate at Tynecastle according to Budge.

Bostonhibby
07-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Queens Park didn't gain a competitive advantage when Hampden was (badly) rebuilt.

Using SFA or government money to pay for an improved stadium at Tynecastle would give Hearts an unfair advantage over teams like Aberdeen that would have to fund a new stadium from their own resources, or teams like us who have already done so. The same logic applies to assisting the likes of Falkirk to finish their stadium.

The only acceptable assistance would be if the SFA provided loan funding at a fair market rate* to a club wanting to improve its facilities. The club would still have to pay for the work appropriate to their own needs rather than some national issue but would be able to get it done sooner because they wouldn't have to approach a commercial lender, who would be likely to reject any request from a football club anyway.

Agreed. Why do it at tynecastle? Edinburgh already has a stadium for such games when it's required.

If they did want to throw money at a club for these reasons it doesn't automatically go to the thieves just because they might be getting themselves into another mess.

where'stheslope
07-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Agreed. Why do it at tynecastle? Edinburgh already has a stadium for such games when it's required.

If they did want to throw money at a club for these reasons it doesn't automatically go to the thieves just because they might be getting themselves into another mess.

I'm not sure your quite up to speed on the thread, Michael Stewart had said a 30,000+ stadium, so only Murrayfield would qualify on that amount?

Not wanting to give the Yams nothing is fine by me, also do Queens Park get financial reward for games played in Hampden ie Semi-finals, finals and Scotland games?

The way forward should have been the Stadium built at Bathgate in the centre of the country, but as usual SFA said Glasgow is the home of Scottish Football!!!

Dashing Bob S
07-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Silly mare

They are Donald Ducked. Say nae mare.

Bostonhibby
07-05-2017, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure your quite up to speed on the thread, Michael Stewart had said a 30,000+ stadium, so only Murrayfield would qualify on that amount?

Not wanting to give the Yams nothing is fine by me, also do Queens Park get financial reward for games played in Hampden ie Semi-finals, finals and Scotland games?

The way forward should have been the Stadium built at Bathgate in the centre of the country, but as usual SFA said Glasgow is the home of Scottish Football!!!
I hadn't picked that up[emoji106]

Looks like the only solution to this problem we never knew we had is for someone to give the yams a load of money or for a grateful nation to build them a stand and let them owe the cost of it to themselves?

Eyrie
07-05-2017, 03:16 PM

The way forward is to stop wasting money on a crap national stadium simply to provide a neutral venue for a cup bigot-fest and instead invest that money in developing youngsters.

Cup semis and finals can be played at grounds appropriate to the clubs involved. If an ugly sister is involved, play it at the other's ground or Easter Road depending on the travel requirements of the opponent (or even the proposed Aberdeen ground). If the ugly sisters are playing each other, alternate between Ibrox and Parkhead with a 50-50 allocation.

Internationals can be taken round the country so that all fans have the chance to see Scotland instead of having to travel to Glasgow every time.

The GFA would never even consider the above because it would benefit Scottish football instead of their own comforts and two favourites.

lucky
07-05-2017, 03:22 PM
I'd scrap Hampden as the national venue and use Murrayfield. If it's a non old firm game or lesser nations use whichever ground is appropriate.

Deansy
08-05-2017, 06:33 AM

Loan-funding ? - Credit-vetting ? - Hearts ...................... :faf:

GordonHFC
08-05-2017, 06:45 AM
I'd scrap Hampden as the national venue and use Murrayfield. If it's a non old firm game or lesser nations use whichever ground is appropriate.

The only problem with this is that you will have supporters of both arse cheeks roaming around Edinburgh at the same time causing mayhem.