PDA

View Full Version : Getting business done.

H18 SFR
25-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Since we are out the cup now and the league is officially skooshed, I'm getting impatient for recruitment news.

The Swanson announcement is merely getting my mouth watering.

I want 5 in and 5 very good signings at that.

Franck Stanton
25-04-2017, 02:58 PM
Since we are out the cup now and the league is officially skooshed, I'm getting impatient for recruitment news.

Care to expand and name the signings/positions you want?

DarlingtonHibee
25-04-2017, 03:01 PM

So I assume you know the budget is?

H18 SFR
25-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Care to expand and name the signings/positions you want?

I'd like a keeper, full back, centre half, centre mid, centre forward.

Honestly couldn't even begin to think of names in terms of out of contract players.

If we had a genuine money pot to spend I'd like to see us go for players along the lines of...

Nicky Devlin
Scott Allan
Liam Henderson
Tony Andreu

to name a few (or more accurately, four).

H18 SFR
25-04-2017, 03:06 PM
So I assume you know the budget is?

I'd hope that given the year we've had with increased attendances we will have a reasonable amount.

keep the faith
25-04-2017, 03:08 PM

Honestly couldn't even begin to think of names in terms of out of contract players.

If we had a genuine money pot to spend I'd like to see us go for players along the lines of...

Nicky Devlin
Scott Allan
Liam Henderson
Tony Andreu

The last three are the three I also think we should go for. Don't know much about Devlin.

H18 SFR
25-04-2017, 03:12 PM
The last three are the three I also think we should go for. Don't know much about Devlin.

He seems to be getting good press. Whether or not he is a realistic target or not I'm not sure.

Mikey
25-04-2017, 03:16 PM
The transfer window doesn't open until 1st July so you're going to be impatient for a while.

CallumLaidlaw
25-04-2017, 03:23 PM

Nicky Devlin
Scott Allan
Liam Henderson
Tony Andreu

Is that Mikey Devlin?
If so, sportsound are raving about him. Aberdeen apparently keen on him.

H18 SFR
25-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Is that Mikey Devlin?
If so, sportsound are raving about him. Aberdeen apparently keen on him.

Apologies, yes it is. The one I mentioned is Ayr Utd I think.

Tamhere1875
25-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Scott Allan it would have to snow green for him to even show face at Easter Road never mind play for us again.

bingo70
25-04-2017, 04:28 PM
The transfer window doesn't open until 1st July so you're going to be impatient for a while.

Not really, the date the window opens is irrelevant really as there's no games between the end of the season and the window opening so we'd just announce the signing saying they'd be joining us for pre-season training.

The date they start getting paid by the club doesn't really matter.

I'm with the OP, I want exciting signings right now, preferably mysterious foreigners with good names that I've never heard of before.

bingo70
25-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Scott Allan it would have to snow green for him to even show face at Easter Road never mind play for us again.

A good game on his debut and all would be forgiven again.

By the vast majority anyway, if there's a few hanging onto the past they'll soon be drowned out by people supporting him, especially if he's playing well.

Kaff
25-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Gary Dicker from Killie and a goal scorer to play with/challenge Jason. Can see us playing 1 up front a fair bit tbh.
If Swanson is playing left midfield then Lewis will be a solid stopper behind allowing him to not worry so much defensively, however if Swanson is to play centrally I think we still need a pacy wide man on top of Humphrey and Boyle

danhibees1875
25-04-2017, 05:31 PM
A good game on his debut and all would be forgiven again.

By the vast majority anyway, if there's a few hanging onto the past they'll soon be drowned out by people supporting him, especially if he's playing well.

Yep. Thomson and Murray being good examples of this.

I don't think we'll see Scott Allan play for hibs again, but if he did, he'd get my support.