PDA

View Full Version : Lewis testimonial match?

keep the faith
25-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Now the season is effectively over, will there be plans to honour Lewis in a testimonial game?
Would be a brilliant end to the season.

SON OF PADDY
25-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Let's hope the opposition is decent, Lewis deserves a full house what a wonderful servant he's been to our great club.

stantonhibby
25-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Let's hope the opposition is decent, Lewis deserves a full house what a wonderful servant he's been to our great club.

The cup winners V the league cup winning team would be good

danhibees1875
25-04-2017, 07:32 PM
The cup winners V the league cup winning team would be good

This would be a great game to see. If done at the start of summer I'm sure we'd be able to get everyone involved. No one from 2007 would be ridiculously old, but might not be able to last the full 90. Give Stevenson a half on either team and have a few guest appearances once players are tired (Riordan, Griffiths, Murray, Thomson, etc)

McNeil
Whittaker Hogg Jones Murphy
Sproule Boozy Brown Stevenson (&zemmama)
Fletcher Benji

Against

Logan
Gray Hanlon McGregor Fontaine Stevenson (& Henderson)
Fyvie Mcginn McGeoch
Cummings Stokes

Given the current buzz around the club, i think that would attract a great crowd! :thumbsup:

Billychaotic182
25-04-2017, 08:26 PM
This would be a great game to see. If done at the start of summer I'm sure we'd be able to get everyone involved. No one from 2007 would be ridiculously old, but might not be able to last the full 90. Give Stevenson a half on either team and have a few guest appearances once players are tired (Riordan, Griffiths, Murray, Thomson, etc)

McNeil
Fletcher Benji

Against

Logan
Fyvie Mcginn McGeoch
Cummings Stokes

Given the current buzz around the club, i think that would attract a great crowd! :thumbsup:

That would be incredible

keep the faith
25-04-2017, 10:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the testimonial committee said there will be match. Has to be soon to be in his testimonial year.

keep the faith
08-05-2017, 06:40 PM
I'm thinking the game is no longer happening?

A real shame if not.

hfc rd
08-05-2017, 06:46 PM

A real shame if not.

How come?

I'd be gutted if this is true. 😞

keep the faith
08-05-2017, 09:11 PM
How come?

I'd be gutted if this is true. 😞

Just guessing, as its now the end of his testimonial season and no news on a game at all 😔

Leith's finest
08-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Think Friday is the last day at east mains until pre season starts

coco mc
08-05-2017, 11:51 PM
It will happen

Sean1875
09-05-2017, 11:13 AM

McNeil
Fletcher Benji

Against

Logan
Fyvie Mcginn McGeoch
Cummings Stokes

That would be unreal - definitely gets my vote :aok:

Dropkick Murphy
09-05-2017, 04:13 PM
In his Hibs TV interview discussing his new contract today, Lewis says he's hoping the testimonial game will be arranged soon.

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/2076

DH1875
09-05-2017, 04:36 PM

A real shame if not.

I reckon we will have a glamour home game preseason and that this will be billed as his testimonial game.

HibsSean4
09-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Newcastle coming to Easter Road I've heard from a friend of a friend. Is that glamour enough? Championship winners vs Championship winners.

Phil MaGlass
09-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Would come back for that one

Bishop Hibee
09-05-2017, 08:57 PM
Newcastle coming to Easter Road I've heard from a friend of a friend. Is that glamour enough? Championship winners vs Championship winners.

Would be decent if true. There'd be a good crowd with a probable sold out away end. How would any testimonial game fit in between the League Cup games? Tricky I would have thought.

Eyrie
09-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Would be decent if true. There'd be a good crowd with a probable sold out away end. How would any testimonial game fit in between the League Cup games? Tricky I would have thought.

The League Cup group stage has five game dates but each club only has four games, so the testimonial could be played on our gap date.