PDA

View Full Version : Team for Raith

Frazerbob
25-04-2017, 09:24 AM
I know there was some chat about the remaining dead rubbers before the semi but now we don't have the cup final to build towards, what's everyone's thoughts for tomorrow and the remaining fixtures?

For the next 2 games I would rest all players that have had a long season, especially the likes of McGinn who has looked tired for a few months. I'd also rest those who will not feature next season such as Efe and anyone being released. I would give any players who NL is still undecided about 2 full games and throw is a couple of youngsters. Then for the St Mirren game, I'd revert back to the strongest squad to allow those who contributed most to enjoy the celebrations. I do not care that we will influence relegation spots, it's all about preparing for next season now. The relatively early finish will hopefully do us good with everyone refreshed, niggle free and raring to go.

Big_Franck
25-04-2017, 09:31 AM
I know there was some chat about the remaining dead rubbers before the semi but now we don't have the cup final to build towards, what's everyone's thoughts for tomorrow and the remaining fixtures?

For the next 2 games I would rest all players that have had a long season, especially the likes of McGinn who has looked tired for a few months. I'd also rest those who will not feature next season such as Efe and anyone being released. I would give any players who NL is still undecided about 2 full games and throw is a couple of youngsters. Then for the St Mirren game, I'd revert back to the strongest squad to allow those who contributed most to enjoy the celebrations. I do not care that we will influence relegation spots, it's all about preparing for next season now. The long summer (relatively for us) will hopefully do us good with everyone refreshed, niggle free and raring to go.

I agree. Players like David Gray, Lewis Stevenson, Darren McGregor and John McGinn have played a lot of games over the last 2 seasons. I'd give them a bit of a rest before going out and trying to win the last game of the season to end on a high.

It might benefit us that the Championship season finishes earlier than the Premiership. We finish on 6th May but the Premiership doesn't finish until 21st May with Aberdeen and Celtic also playing the final on 27th May. It'll hopefully mean our players will come back in for pre-season having had a really good break and raring to go. Sometimes you get the impression players aren't too happy at only getting a 3/4 week break and having to return to pre-season in late June/early July.

Stevie Reid
25-04-2017, 09:33 AM
I'd like to see us freshened up, with maybe Humphrey and Harris on the wings, and Scott Martin in midfield.

Craig_HFC
25-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Marciano

Gray
Forster
McGregor
Stevenson

Humphrey
Martin
McGinn
Harris

Holt
Cummings

Subs: Laidlaw, Ambrose, Fyvie, F. Murray, Keatings, Boyle, Donaldson

BegbieHSC
25-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Full rotation for me

Laidlaw

Sir David
Forster
Efe/McGregor
Crane?

Humphrey
Martin
Fyvie
Harris

Keats
Shaw/Grahame

Craig_HFC
25-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Full rotation for me

Laidlaw

Sir David
Forster
Efe/McGregor
Crane?

Humphrey
Martin
Fyvie
Harris

Keats
Shaw/Grahame

Crane is injured. Shaw is out on loan.

Brightside
25-04-2017, 09:42 AM
I'd love Gray and Stevenson to get a proper rest, also don't want to see hanlon back this season. Let Dylan get a proper rest.

Bring in the two Murray boys from the dev team, maybe Donaldson also. Full games for Martin, Humphrey, Harris. Last i heard Crane was out injured.

These games are now nothing more than friendlies and we need to play as many of the kids as possible.

Billychaotic182
25-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Rocky

Efe
Forster
McGregor
Crane (if fit, if not Stevenson)

Boyle
Martin
McGinn
F.Murray

Cumdog
Holt

1875STEVE
25-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Id use last 3 to rotate.

Question, guys like Shaw who are on development loans, can they play??

I know a "Normal" loan they can't, are dev loans different?

MyJo
25-04-2017, 09:59 AM
Marciano

Stevenson
Ambrose
McGregor
Forster

Harris
Fyvie
Martin
Humphrey

Keatings
Cummings

calumhibee1
25-04-2017, 10:03 AM
Rocky

Forster
Efe
McLean
Stevenson

Harris
Martin
Fyvie
Humphrey

Keatings
Graham

Eyrie
25-04-2017, 10:16 AM
Rocky

Forster
Efe
McLean
Stevenson

Harris
Martin
Fyvie
Humphrey

Keatings
Graham

Rests most of our regulars and gives game time to fringe players, so this would be a good choice.

yerauldda
25-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Marciano

Forster Ambrose Mclean

Harris Fyvie Martin Humphrey

Keatings

Graham Cummings

LancsHibs
25-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Would be unfair on St.Mirren to play a weakened team against RR & Ayr who are their relegation rivals and then full strength against them. Need to decide what sort of team we want to put out and remain consistent against all three

scoopyboy
25-04-2017, 10:38 AM
I would put out a decent team, give one or two a chance that deserve it but other than that put out the regulars to try and win the game.

I think it is wrong to put out a weak team cos we have won the League, it's not fair on opponents who are scrapping to avoid relegation. All three of our opponents are fighting to avoid the drop.

We wouldn't like it if somebody put out a weak team next season against somebody we were say neck and neck with in a race for a Europa Cup League place.

Another reason for me personally is we haven't beaten Raith this season and would like to turn them over, Skacel, Hughes, etc.

Scooter
25-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Only thing I'd like to see the Keatings get a run up top again

JimBHibees
25-04-2017, 02:00 PM
I would put out a decent team, give one or two a chance that deserve it but other than that put out the regulars to try and win the game.

I think it is wrong to put out a weak team cos we have won the League, it's not fair on opponents who are scrapping to avoid relegation. All three of our opponents are fighting to avoid the drop.

We wouldn't like it if somebody put out a weak team next season against somebody we were say neck and neck with in a race for a Europa Cup League place.

Another reason for me personally is we haven't beaten Raith this season and would like to turn them over, Skacel, Hughes, etc.

Skacel is suspended.

IAmLee
25-04-2017, 02:13 PM
Fraser Murray and Scott Martin aren't playing for the youth team today so maybe they're in line for some game time.

offshorehibby
25-04-2017, 02:27 PM
I'd forgotten about McLean, after deputising for Hanlon and having a fine game i'd be tempted to try him out for the rest of the season.

JDHibs
25-04-2017, 02:31 PM
Give the players out of contract a who arent the usual starts, i.e McGregor, Holt, Gray & Stevenson a chance to win a new deal!

Humphreys
Laidlaw
Keatings
Harris
McLean
Probably missed a few

Rotate the youngsters in as required.

Pete
25-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Play the fringe players and tinker with different formations.

They'll still perform if they know what's good for them.

B.H.F.C
25-04-2017, 02:51 PM
I'd leave out any of the players who aren't likely to be with us next year, if we can.

Would be good to see some of the young players get a couple of games, but only if they deserve it. I don't think any of them should be getting a run out for the first team just for the sake of it. Fraser Murray seems to have done well for the 20s and I've seen some positive comments from Lennon about him before. With him not playing for the development side today you'd think he might be involved.

007 Mickey Weir
25-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Laidlaw
Humphrey Forster McLean Mackie
Murray Martin Shinnie Harris
Graham Keatings

Eyrie
25-04-2017, 06:57 PM

What if we play the back ups and youths against all three, or at least against Raith and Ayr by which point St Mirren may be safe anyway as they play Raith on Saturday?

Raith and Ayr then meet in the final week.

Billy Whizz
25-04-2017, 07:03 PM
What if we play the back ups and youths against all three, or at least against Raith and Ayr by which point St Mirren may be safe anyway as they play Raith on Saturday?

Don't think st Mirren can be safe by the time they play Hibs, they only have one game

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2017, 07:06 PM
I'd give the players that will be here next season the rest of the season off, let them all be refreshed and ready to go next season.

Not bothered about upsetting other clubs, Hibs are our priority and the only team that matters is us.

We have won the opportunity to do as we wish, the others will just have to suck it up.

Next season is as important a season as i can remember in a very long time, i think we should look after number 1, and give ourselves the best preparation and best chance of a good start.

Stevie Reid
25-04-2017, 07:10 PM
I'd give the players that will be here next season the rest of the season off, let them all be refreshed and ready to go next season.

Not bothered about upsetting other clubs, Hibs are our priority and the only team that matters is us.

We have won the opportunity to do as we wish, the others will just have to suck it up.

Next season is as important a season as i can remember in a very long time, i think we should look after number 1, and give ourselves the best preparation and best chance of a good start.

Totally agree.

Our full strength sides haven't beaten Raith Rovers in three games this season anyway. Haven't done that well against Ayr and Saints in a couple as well.

Pretty Boy
25-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
McLean
Forster
Crane/Mackie

Humphrey
Martin
Fyvie
Harris

Keatings
Graham

I really don't care about being fair to St Mirren or whatever. We have earned the right to do as we like. Try a few youngsters and play those out of contract and see where we are at.

Eyrie
25-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Don't think st Mirren can be safe by the time they play Hibs, they only have one game

Oops - I should have checked the table. For some reason I thought St Mirren were 8th and Raith 9th, not the other way round with Raith a point ahead.

scoopyboy
25-04-2017, 07:37 PM
Skacel is suspended.

Realise that but still want to beat them as he is part of the Raith squad and for his nonsense the last time at Easter Road.

pacoluna
25-04-2017, 07:44 PM

And watch Lennon get berrated on this if we lose 😁

Eyrie
25-04-2017, 07:45 PM
And watch Lennon get berrated on this if we lose 😁

I'll cut him some slack this once :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-04-2017, 07:51 PM
I would play the strongest team that we have.

pacoluna
25-04-2017, 07:54 PM
I'll cut him some slack this once :greengrin
But going by some posters views the points tally is a barometer to judge Lennon with. So they will be wanting a full strengthened team rite?

007 Mickey Weir
25-04-2017, 07:57 PM
This game really is a good game to give fringe players there chance to impress. Then mix it up v Ayr. Leaving with strong first team against St Mirren to lift the trophy.

jacomo
25-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Would be unfair on St.Mirren to play a weakened team against RR & Ayr who are their relegation rivals and then full strength against them. Need to decide what sort of team we want to put out and remain consistent against all three

I've never agreed with this train of thought.

It would be unfair not to try our best, but we are free to choose whichever players are eligible.

Fringe players coming in should be busting a gut to impress, so it doesn't necessarily mean the other teams get an easier game.

Zazu62
25-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Would play fyvie and Martin in the middle

Scouse Hibee
25-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Strongest team for me, plenty of time to rest when the season finishes, let's finish this season on a high by winning every game.

erin go bragh
25-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Strongest 11 . Raith are the only team we have failed to beat this season ( in this league)

Rocky

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley
SJM
Shinnie
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

IberianHibernian
25-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Are any players near to suspension that could be carried onto next season ? If so they should obviously be left out . Would like to see Forster , Harris Martin , and Graham given 90 - minute matches in at least 2 of the remaining matches since they haven`t really had much chance to impress despite team struggling in many matches . Not great matches for players to show their worth but better than bounce games or friendlies . Not really weakening the team , possibly strengthening it in fact .

Borderhibbie76
25-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Strongest 11 . Raith are the only team we have failed to beat this season ( in this league)

Rocky

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley
SJM
Shinnie
Boyle

Cummings
Holt
Won't be happening according to EEN most of 1st team squad are OFF till Thursday so looks like a mixture of fringe/development against Raith

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DavyfiLeith
25-04-2017, 10:36 PM
Laidlaw

Ambrose
McLean
Forster

Humphrey
Martin
F. Murray
Harris
Keatings

Graham
Holt

And 5 development guys on the bench

Heisenberg
25-04-2017, 10:40 PM
Laidlaw

Forster
McLean
Waugh

Humphrey
Martin
F. Murray
Shinnie
Harris

Graham
Keatings

Jamesie
26-04-2017, 05:09 AM
Times reporting that most of the first team squad are off until Thursday and that development players will get a run out tonight.

HFCdeb
26-04-2017, 07:10 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-to-give-top-stars-the-night-off-against-raith-1-4429279

I was debating whether to go tonight or not but this has sealed it for me, I'm going to check out our younger players and see what they have to offer. It's a nice feeling going into a "no pressure" game, hopefully the squad will enjoy it and express themselves well on the pitch.

Johnny_Leith
26-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Is Callum Crane still injured?

Springbank
26-04-2017, 07:58 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-to-give-top-stars-the-night-off-against-raith-1-4429279

I was debating whether to go tonight or not but this has sealed it for me, I'm going to check out our younger players and see what they have to offer. It's a nice feeling going into a "no pressure" game, hopefully the squad will enjoy it and express themselves well on the pitch.

:top marks

Craig_HFC
26-04-2017, 08:23 AM
Kevin Waugh is mentioned in that article; is he a centre half?

flash
26-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Looking forward to seeing the kids get a runout. Benefit of tying the league up in good time.

Frazerbob
26-04-2017, 08:49 AM
Raith are as much as 15/2 for the win tonight. Just saying!

HibsNutter
26-04-2017, 09:18 AM

Their manager compared Danny Handling to Russell Latapy, that might have something to do with it.

R'Albin
26-04-2017, 09:23 AM
I reckon Harris will start every game for the remainder of the season. After his performances apparently improving in the development squad and coming on and playing well against QoS he should be given a chance to show he's worth a new deal.

I imagine Martin will get game time as well. He's played well in the few games he's played in and is only being kept out because of the quality of player we have in centre midfield - he would probably have been a regular in Hibs teams of a few seasons back. It's a shame Crane is injured and Shaw is out on loan because it would have been a good opportunity to give them some game time.

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Their manager compared Danny Handling to Russell Latapy, that might have something to do with it.
No way seriously?? 😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

J-C
26-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Kevin Waugh is mentioned in that article; is he a centre half?

He is.

neil7908
26-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Give any promising youngsters or fringe players a chance.

Couldn't care less about how this affects other teams in the division, need to do what's best for us.

In particular folk like Mcginn, Mcgeough, Stevenson, Gray, McGregor and even Cummings should be sent on their summer holidays now. I would hate for one of them to suffer a bad injury and miss games next season, all because of a glorified friendly.

We've no Europe this year so the focus of our club must now be preparing for next season and blooding youngsters. Good chance for the likes of Keatings to show what he can do.

Unseen work
26-04-2017, 12:02 PM
I presume Callum Crane is still injured?

can anyone describe what sort of players the other youngsters are like?

fraser murray
innes Murray
kevin waugh

onviously we have seen scotty Martin a fair bit so know what he is capable of and see fraser before, he seems to score a fair bit from midfield too.

i expect to see

................Marciano...........

forster....ambrose.....Waugh....Stevenson...

Humphrey ...Fyvie...martin......Harris

..........Keatings....Graham....

not overly convinced about graham, fraser Murray might start just behind Keats.

Onceinawhile
26-04-2017, 12:10 PM
First 11 people at the ground tonight get a game?

Billy Whizz
26-04-2017, 12:11 PM
I've had a a St Mirren friend on the phone today, asking why we are playing our B Team. Told him if you're in a relegation battle, it's nothing to do with Hibs.
Still think we'll beat Raith tonight

Unseen work
26-04-2017, 12:12 PM
I St Mirren get relegated we can then sign their best players for a small fee...:wink:

come on over morgan and Mallan

Frazerbob
26-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Ten changes from Saturday apparently. Ambrose the only one to play keep his place.

Unseen work
26-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Ten changes from Saturday apparently. Ambrose the only one to play keep his place.

Would find that hard to believe tbh.

imagined Fyvie would be a definite to start

limited options at left back unless Crane is fit again? Or if the lad Waugh can play there. That or maybe we are going 352.

Frazerbob
26-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Would find that hard to believe tbh.

imagined Fyvie would be a definite to start

limited options at left back unless Crane is fit again? Or if the lad Waugh can play there. That or maybe we are going 352.

Came from a friend of a friend who's laddie is in the team.

scoopyboy
26-04-2017, 12:47 PM
If Hibs make ten changes from Saturday and deliberately field an understrength team then it wouldn't surprise me if we are hauled over the coals and fined.

In a meaningless game maybe but not in a game where something is at stake.

Unseen work
26-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Came from a friend of a friend who's laddie is in the team.

Fair enough mate.

looking forward to the changes and seeing what they younger guys have.

woulsnt surprise me if we go out and batter them by a couple of goals.

Blaster
26-04-2017, 12:53 PM
If Hibs make ten changes from Saturday and deliberately field an understrength team then it wouldn't surprise me if we are hauled over the coals and fined.

Good luck with the sweep tonight 😄

scoopyboy
26-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Good luck with the sweep tonight 😄

Never even considered that.

What does one do?

HFCdeb
26-04-2017, 01:03 PM
I fancy our "B" team to do what our starting 11 haven't all season and take a few goals off Raith and maximum points.

Blaster
26-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Never even considered that.

What does one do?

Sell a fitba ticket!!

Super_JMcGinn
26-04-2017, 01:14 PM

You can be sure the sportsound team will be all over it, especially as Preston was gloating the other week there that he had Hibs to win the division and Jason to be top goalscorer.

Eyrie
26-04-2017, 01:46 PM

It is meaningless to us however, so it's appropriate for us to avoid the risk of injuries or suspensions to our most important players.

We could play a similar team against Ayr at the weekend and even against St Mirren in the final match, in which case none of our three opponents will be disadvantaged.

Marco G
26-04-2017, 01:46 PM

Sorry, but nothing is at stake for us, so it is meaningless in that sense.

We have a strong pool of players and want to give regular starters a rest, and try some fringe players so think we could tell SFA or whoever to take a hike.

Anyway we will probably win tonight even with a lot of changes!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
26-04-2017, 01:58 PM
Sorry, but nothing is at stake for us, so it is meaningless in that sense.

We have a strong pool of players and want to give regular starters a rest, and try some fringe players so think we could tell SFA or whoever to take a hike.

Anyway we will probably win tonight even with a lot of changes!

That must be akin to a prisoner in the dock telling the judge to do one, it doesn't work like that in the real world.

By playing a whole loads of untried players you aren't going to learn a lot anyway.

Two or three in with the players who have played week in week out would be the way to go IMHO.

scoopyboy
26-04-2017, 02:00 PM
It is meaningless to us however, so it's appropriate for us to avoid the risk of injuries or suspensions to our most important players.

We could play a similar team against Ayr at the weekend and even against St Mirren in the final match, in which case none of our three opponents will be disadvantaged.

Suspensions I would agree with 100%, if a booking means missing the first game or two next season.

Marco G
26-04-2017, 02:12 PM
That must be akin to a prisoner in the dock telling the judge to do one, it doesn't work like that in the real world.

By playing a whole loads of untried players you aren't going to learn a lot anyway.

Two or three in with the players who have played week in week out would be the way to go IMHO.
Lennie says he has given the majority of the semi final team a break until tomorrow but "it will still be a strong team with maybe an unfamiliar look to it". That's good enough for me.

I could have phrased the SFA bit more clearly. If we select mainly from our first team squad with some development players added then it is difficult for the SFA to argue it is a weakened team, cause we have a strong squad!

JimBHibees
26-04-2017, 02:18 PM

Great price if the ten changes are true.

scoopyboy
26-04-2017, 02:31 PM
Lennie says he has given the majority of the semi final team a break until tomorrow but "it will still be a strong team with maybe an unfamiliar look to it". That's good enough for me.

I could have phrased the SFA bit more clearly. If we select mainly from our first team squad with some development players added then it is difficult for the SFA to argue it is a weakened team, cause we have a strong squad!

and me:aok:

Hibee87
26-04-2017, 02:37 PM

What happens if we win though?

And what happens if we win with the team tonight, but play the same team at the weekend and get beat? Id love for them to try and take us over the coals for fielding a weakened team that only 3 days previous had won

scoopyboy
26-04-2017, 02:41 PM
What happens if we win though?

And what happens if we win with the team tonight, but play the same team at the weekend and get beat? Id love for them to try and take us over the coals for fielding a weakened team that only 3 days previous had won

I see your logic and agree with it.

However if we got thumped tonight it would be a different scenario, especially if we reverted to a strong line up for our other two games.

However it may appear that the ten changes may well be wide of the mark anyway.

jgl07
26-04-2017, 03:25 PM
When Hibs were last promoted ther last away match was at Stranraer, who Hibs had struggled against all season. Stranraer won 2-1 in the opening match at Easter Road and were unfortunate to lose 1-0 to a very late goal at Stair Park. Hibs won 2-0 rather unconvincingly at Easter Road.

In this match, Hibs put out a very young side with Kenny Miller, Mark Dempsie, and Scott Bannerman starting. Tam McManus and Emilio Bottiglieri were on the bench.

Hibs won 4-0!

Billy Whizz
26-04-2017, 03:26 PM
When Hibs were last promoted ther last away match was at Stranraer, who Hibs had struggled against all season. Stranraer won 2-1 in the opening match at Easter Road and were unfortunate to lose 1-0 to a very late goal at Stair Park. Hibs won 2-0 rather unconvincingly at Easter Road.

In this match, Hibs put out a very young side with Kenny Miller, Mark Dempsie, and Scott Bannerman starting. Tam McManus and Emilio Bottiglieri were on the bench.

Hibs won 4-0!

I remember that game, was there, and the young guns gave everything, hope we get the same effect tonight

angus hibby
26-04-2017, 04:12 PM
As it seems we're playing fringe players along with development players, I'd definitely play Fyvie and make him skipper for the night. After what happened on Saturday, reckon that would be a good piece of man management.

BoomtownHibees
26-04-2017, 05:55 PM
10 changes

hibee_girl
26-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Shinnie captain

Eyrie
26-04-2017, 06:38 PM
Laidlaw, Ambrose, McLean, Forster, Harris, Martin, Murray, Shinnie, Humphrey, Keatings, Graham.

So despite all the changes only Murray hasn't been a regular in the first team squad this season. Difficult to call that a weak team when Martin is the only other starter without plenty of senior football experience.

Onceinawhile
26-04-2017, 06:39 PM
10 changes as someone suggested.

jacomo
26-04-2017, 06:53 PM

They would never make that stick.

It's our choice to select an appropriate team from eligible players. End of.

Bri1875
26-04-2017, 07:02 PM
My best mates wee brother is in the team. Kevin Waugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk