PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

Navids Numpties
25-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Claims hibs are the second best team in the country according to BBC sport. TBH I agree with him. Can't send link as on my phone.

Lancs Harp
25-04-2017, 07:41 AM
Well as long as he backs that up next season.

To be honest any third party reading that would laugh their ***** off at the notion a team from the Championship is the second best team in the country. We should strive to become that but clearly in our current position we arent and are work in progress, but we are heading in the right direction.

As a fan obviously its different, Hibs are the best team the world has ever seen, that goes without saying :greengrin

Jones28
25-04-2017, 07:47 AM
As Lancs says we're heading in the right direction, we need to add some real quality this summer and I think we will be there or thereabouts. We have more than proven our worth against premier league opposition in the cups over the past couple of years.

calumhibee1
25-04-2017, 07:50 AM
If we want to have any hope of being anywhere near the 2nd or even 3rd best team in the country then we'll need to find a way to turn draws against teams that sit in against us into wins which we've not been able to do this season. :agree:

H18 SFR
25-04-2017, 07:56 AM
The margin between top of the championship and second in the Prem is not huge. Good recruitment over the summer will see us as genuine competitors. The key for me is the number we sign. I think we need around five higher quality players and we will be challenging Aberdeen.

calumhibee1
25-04-2017, 08:00 AM
The margin between top of the championship and second in the Prem is not huge. Good recruitment over the summer will see us as genuine competitors. The key for me is the number we sign. I think we need around five higher quality players and we will be challenging Aberdeen.

The gulf between ourselves and the rest of the Championship this season has been a fair size, hence why we won the league with 3 games to go without really ever getting out of second gear. The rest of the Championship and bottom half SPL maybe don't have a big gulf in class, the top 6 and especially the top 3 are quite a bit ahead.

we are hibs
25-04-2017, 08:03 AM
I'm sorry but We aren't. We could be with the right signings in the summer and the right players leaving. But right now Aberdeen are ahead of every other side as the second best in the country.

TheHarpy76
25-04-2017, 08:04 AM
Claims hibs are the second best team in the country according to BBC sport. TBH I agree with him. Can't send link as on my phone.

Really? You're obviously easily satisfied.

wookie70
25-04-2017, 08:06 AM
Looks like we were in second gear but that has been our level in the league for 3 seasons. Maybe it is top gear and the gulf wasn't massive between us and the rest of the league. Nowhere near what the gulf was when Hearts won or with Celtic in the premiership. I think we have a chance, with excellent recruitment, to finish second next year. It is fanciful to say we are at that point now.

Jag7
25-04-2017, 08:09 AM
Well as long as he backs that up next season.

To be honest any third party reading that would laugh their ***** off at the notion a team from the Championship is the second best team in the country. We should strive to become that but clearly in our current position we arent and are work in progress, but we are heading in the right direction.

As a fan obviously its different, Hibs are the best team the world has ever seen, that goes without saying :greengrin

Totally agree 👍

calumhibee1
25-04-2017, 08:09 AM
Looks like we were in second gear but that has been our level in the league for 3 seasons. Maybe it is top gear and the gulf wasn't massive between us and the rest of the league. Nowhere near what the gulf was when Hearts won or with Celtic in the premiership. I think we have a chance, with excellent recruitment, to finish second next year. It is fanciful to say we are at that point now.

True, I'm basing us being in 2nd gear on performances like DU, Hearts, the last hour on Sat etc although maybe that's us playing out our skin rather than us being in 2nd gear every other week.

I don't think we'll be able to strengthen enough this summer to get anywhere near second. Only hope we have is Aberdeen losing a good few players and us making good signings.

shetlandhibee
25-04-2017, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=chlub Hibernian;5022989]The margin between top of the championship and second in the Prem is not huge. Good recruitment over the summer will see us as genuine competitors. The key for me is the number we sign. I think we need around five higher quality players and we will be challenging Aberdeen.[/ 5 quality players? to challenge aberdeen? i must have been watching a different game at the weekend, the amount of non hibs fans thats(and aberedeen fans)said to me unlucky you were the better team,, keeping as hold of our on the whole young squad as we go forward is as important IMO add 2 or 3 quality sighnings i think we,ll a force ok!! well said lennon ive been saying it to pals for months:agree: IMO we dont need to sighn half a team to compete with aberdeen we are there or there abouts allready:aok:

Eyrie
25-04-2017, 09:55 AM
I'm sorry but We aren't. We could be with the right signings in the summer and the right players leaving. But right now Aberdeen are ahead of every other side as the second best in the country.

Agreed. They've made both cup finals and will finish comfortably clear in second place in the top league.

We are able to match them by lifting our game for the last hour in a cup semi, by which point they were already two goals up. Playing them in a routine league game will be a different matter. I don't rule it out for next season, but I don't see it right now.

However Lennon is creating pressure for himself with that statement. If we finish ten points behind in third or fourth place, there will be claims that he hasn't done enough and should go. Personally I see top four as the realistic target for Hibs under Lennon next year.