PDA

View Full Version : Raith: Don't Give A Toss/Salute The Champions

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2017, 05:21 AM
How do people stand n this? I feel conflicted.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-04-2017, 05:33 AM
Don't be Bob leave it up to the good citizens of Raith.

Santa Cruz
25-04-2017, 06:04 AM
100% - although slightly concerned that Skacel sneaks in a 5-1 and totally owns us.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-04-2017, 06:08 AM
100% - although slightly concerned that Skacel sneaks in a 5-1 and totally owns us.

Has been.

marinello59
25-04-2017, 06:11 AM

Who?

Frogga
25-04-2017, 06:16 AM
Don't give a toss

JimBHibees
25-04-2017, 06:17 AM

Skacel is suspended for this game but still wouldnt rule him out trying to gain some attention.

Will probably pay for a plane with a banner to fly over the ground. :greengrin

SON OF PADDY
25-04-2017, 06:21 AM
Skacel is suspended for this game but still wouldnt rule him out trying to gain some attention.

Will surly be applauding the Champions from the stand.😤😤

Lancs Harp
25-04-2017, 06:24 AM
Always give a toss.

The season is over when its over for me and I wish I could make the Raith game (taken too much time off for midweek games this season already and I dont think I can make Edinburgh from Blackpool in 2 hours), will be there for the end of season party against St Mirren though.

greenlex
25-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Don't care. We are the champions whatever happens ore game. Rather just beat them on the park.

calumhibee1
25-04-2017, 08:01 AM
I'd rather they never bothered. They've got survival to worry about, let them concentrate on that rather than applaud us onto the pitch.

Lancs Harp
25-04-2017, 08:12 AM
er confused.com

Is this poll about giving a toss about the the Raith game or Raith players providing giving a guard of honour?

As far as the game is concerned I always care. Whether Raith "salute" our team I couldnt careless.

Bostonhibby
25-04-2017, 08:23 AM

Owns us? never has, never will.

I don't think we have ever had a player we'd have to pay to turn up to help the club in it's darkest times. Big trudi charges the yam for everything they fawningly invite him to do, he's still earning now, so to that extent he owns the poppy thieves.

Puddocky
25-04-2017, 08:27 AM
er confused.com

Is this poll about giving a toss about the the Raith game or Raith players providing giving a guard of honour?

As far as the game is concerned I always care. Whether Raith "salute" our team I couldnt careless.

Totally agre with this. Not sure if I voted the right way now I read the question again...

flash
25-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Might set up another poll. Does anyone understand the question?

ShinyFantastic
25-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Couldn't care less. Season is done. Just wish I wasn't hypnotically obliged to go to the game.

Smartie
25-04-2017, 09:20 AM
I can't be doing with all this Guard of Honour nonsense.

It was a cheap opportunity for Hearts and Rangers to make a fool of us over the past 2 seasons, and we'd have been happy enough to see Rudi Skacel do likewise.

It needs binned.

Bristolhibby
25-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Its bollox. The team should be focused on beating the opposition. Not providing fake platitudes or fawning around accepting them.

Concentrate on your jobs. To beat the opposition. And I mean that to all 22 players on the park.

J

Mikey09
25-04-2017, 09:31 AM

Totally owns us?!! You are joking right?!!

The Green Goblin
25-04-2017, 09:34 AM

:faf:

This, except he would get yam fans to pay for it.

Eyrie
25-04-2017, 10:10 AM

A sneaky 5-1?

He'll have "5-1 yah Hibee b@$t@rd$, Jambos rule, 1902, donations to my offshore bank account in Lithuania xx-xx-xx xxxxxxxx please"* tattooed on both sides of his beak in letters you can read from the top of the East.

As regards the original poll, the answer is that I don't want a guard of honour for winning a lower division that we're just relieved to be out of. Leave it to the likes of Sevco (biggest win in their history) or Hearts (their last trophy for what will turn out to be thirty years) to make a big deal out of it.

*An exaggeration - there probably won't be enough room for "please" so he'll just replace it with "now".

Golden Bear
25-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Might set up another poll. Does anyone understand the question?

Not me for sure.

Personally I'd ditch this daft guard of honour thing which has crept into the game in recent years.

If I was Manager and my team was fighting relegation or still involved in the promotion battle then the last thing I'd want them to do is give the opposition a guard of honour at the start of the game!

Applauding the Champions OFF the park at the end of the 90 mins might be acceptable but a guard of honour - NAH.

jacomo
25-04-2017, 11:00 AM

I am assuming it was tongue-in-cheek.

I heard Skacel is looking to move house, but it's a nightmare because he can only consider no.51 on any street and it's limiting his options. Gotta feel for the boy.

CallumLaidlaw
25-04-2017, 11:30 AM
If Raith do it, then fair enough, if not, it doesn't bother me. At the end of the day, our squad of players have beaten other squads to the league so if Raith wants to show some respect to fellow professionals by doing a guard of honour, fair play. I was certainly delighted we didn't give Rangers one last season so I cant be hypocritical about it.

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2017, 01:23 PM
For the Premiership winners then yes, you have proved you are the best team in Scotland .... but all Hibs have done is given ourselves a chance to compete with the best teams ..... Raith Rovers are in a battle for their Championship survival and they should be concentrating on that rather than how nice they can be to Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Guard of honor is nonsense. Walk of shame for us getting into that mess in the first place with Petrie in stocks would be more accurate and...wait...The Scottish Cup. :thumbsup:

givescotlandfreedom
25-04-2017, 01:50 PM
In answer to both ways I read the question: I want us to win the game just like any other so do give a toss about that.
But I don't give a monkey's about this guard of honour stuff - it comes across a bit jambo/rugby to me. Especially given as of now we haven't even beaten them this season.

Hamish
25-04-2017, 01:58 PM
In the local Fife paper it says that Hughes will be asking us for permission to play Danny Handling. Would have thought given the circumstances that we would agree.

Frazerbob
25-04-2017, 03:28 PM
In the local Fife paper it says that Hughes will be asking us for permission to play Danny Handling. Would have thought given the circumstances that we would agree.

That would be inetersting. What better way to asses the guy than for him to play against us.

JimBHibees
25-04-2017, 03:53 PM

We would tell him to bolt surely.

calumhibee1
25-04-2017, 03:56 PM

I'd let him. Would be a good indicator if he has a future at Hibs whether he can perform against players of our calibre.

Not In The Know
25-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Saving my powder for the last game of the season when we get the trophy presentation.

overdrive
25-04-2017, 04:10 PM
I'd let him. Would be a good indicator if he has a future at Hibs whether he can perform against players of our calibre.

At least we didn't forget to put a clause in the contract this time like the last time we loaned Raith a player.

Santa Cruz
25-04-2017, 04:10 PM

Yip

Pete
25-04-2017, 04:12 PM

Not sure that would be fair on the others down there.

Let's just stick to the agreement.

Golden Bear
25-04-2017, 04:13 PM

On the other hand as Danny is one of our own, he might be treated a bit more lightly than the other Raith players. We don't want Hibs accused of lying down in what is an important game for Raith.

AZhibee
25-04-2017, 04:15 PM

Why does he keep flashing his IQ, 51?

Viva_Palmeiras
25-04-2017, 04:24 PM
Why does he keep flashing his IQ, 51?

It's actually 15 but he keeps getting the numbers muddled.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Saving my powder for the last game of the season when we get the trophy presentation.

Jamie Insall should have taken your advice.

25-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Genuinely couldn't give a monkies about a GoH to be perfectly honest. If they give us one then good on them but if they don't I wont be roaring and greeting, getting my knickers all in a twist like the yams did 2 years ago. Unlike them, if we don't get one i'm not going to give it the whole faux outrage routine and start trying to take some big moral high ground.

Its 10 seconds (if that) of applause. Nice gesture if done but if clubs decide against it then its really not a big deal. The yams were cringworthy the way they carried on after they won it. They wanted not one but multiple guards of honour and some were even calling for an open top bus parade - ffs its the scottish championship not the bloody champions league, get over yourselves! Pretty funny considering these are the same people calling us a "wee team" for celebrating winning the league cup!

As for the whole Skacel element, if Raith do give us a GoH I would kind of wish he was there and not suspended. Not for some petty one up "waaay Skacel has to applaud us" kind of thing (although his face would be pretty funny) but he would more than likely attempt yet another wee gesture to sook up to the maroon tramps. Such gesture would yet again show him up for the classless, attention seeking wee scrote he is. Mind you as if any more evidence is needed to prove that!

emerald green
25-04-2017, 05:25 PM
"Guard of honour" - what a load of nonsense.

If teams/players are dragooned into doing it (by whom I often wonder?) it's just false. I'll bet quite a few of the players concerned don't genuinely want to do it, and are just going through the motions.

Fuzzywuzzy
25-04-2017, 05:49 PM
When did all this kaka start with 'guard of honour'? I don't think it's something that should be done regardless of the league not something to stand on ceremony for. It's up to the fans to show our respect to the team (which we have in abundance the last couple of games). Let them get on with playing the game.

You'd probably get a number of players wanting to do kaepernik!!😂

Deansy
25-04-2017, 06:26 PM

'Will probably pay ......... ' and the subject-matter is Skacel ??

He'd more than likely HIRE and then invoice Ann Budge - but the risk-factor for when the old-biddy over at the PBS received it, would be high. After the season they've had (despite Hearts being their own usual pre-season favourites to win the league and both cups - especially after hiring the new 'Alex Ferguson') I don't think her wrinkled, auld ticker could take much more - if any ??. Rudi might not dare risk the well-being of 'She-who-signs-the-cheques' as she has a lot more money than 'Them-who-bake-the-cakes' - anything happens to AB and it could mean no more 'expenses paid' for their fund-raisers featuring 'ex-legends'(:faf:) ....................

SMAXXA
25-04-2017, 06:48 PM
I am surprised people have such a problem with it, who really cares it's so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things can't say I am bothered either way. If they get one then fine fair play it not won't make me think any less of them.

Thank god we are in a position to be discussing it is the main thing for me.

Billy Whizz
25-04-2017, 06:49 PM
I am surprised people have such a problem with it, who really cares it's so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things can't say I am bothered either way. If they get one then fine fair play it not won't make me think any less of them.

Thank god we are in a position to be discussing it is the main thing for me.
Agree with this 100%
I'm just glad to be getting out this division

Malthibby
25-04-2017, 07:44 PM
D'oh, voted for the salute but thought the poll was about turning up for the game. Not remotely interested in a GofH, would be embarrassing.
GG

eezyrider
25-04-2017, 07:53 PM
D'oh, voted for the salute but thought the poll was about turning up for the game. Not remotely interested in a GofH, would be embarrassing.
GG

This. I thought the same when I voted.

As for the guard of honour - nah. If Hibs were to ever give any one a guard of honour I'd be raging. Quicker this type of thinbg is knocked on the head the better.

EZ

cabbageandribs1875
25-04-2017, 08:01 PM
sure hertz are still asking for a guard of honour after each win

mca
25-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Genuinely couldn't give a monkies about a GoH to be perfectly honest. If they give us one then good on them but if they don't I wont be roaring and greeting, getting my knickers all in a twist like the yams did 2 years ago. Unlike them, if we don't get one i'm not going to give it the whole faux outrage routine and start trying to take some big moral high ground.

Its 10 seconds (if that) of applause. Nice gesture if done but if clubs decide against it then its really not a big deal. The yams were cringworthy the way they carried on after they won it. They wanted not one but multiple guards of honour and some were even calling for an open top bus parade - ffs its the scottish championship not the bloody champions league, get over yourselves! Pretty funny considering these are the same people calling us a "wee team" for celebrating winning the league cup!

As for the whole Skacel element, if Raith do give us a GoH I would kind of wish he was there and not suspended. Not for some petty one up "waaay Skacel has to applaud us" kind of thing (although his face would be pretty funny) but he would more than likely attempt yet another wee gesture to sook up to the maroon tramps. Such gesture would yet again show him up for the classless, attention seeking wee scrote he is. Mind you as if any more evidence is needed to prove that!

100% My Thoughts Exactly.. :aok:

3pm
26-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Had a good chuckle at the Raith boys who refused to clap!!

CallumLaidlaw
26-04-2017, 09:48 PM

Was it not most of them that didn't clap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedantic_Hibee
26-04-2017, 09:49 PM

I had a bigger chuckle at gimps such as Thomson and their number 55 storming straight off the park at full time without exchanging handshakes. Get it right up ye.

3pm
26-04-2017, 09:51 PM
I had a bigger chuckle at gimps such as Thomson and their number 55 storming straight off the park at full time without exchanging handshakes. Get it right up ye.

Bobby Barr clapped us last time iirc...

DaveF
26-04-2017, 09:56 PM

Yep, that was really pleasing. All but 4 off them stomped off in a huge cream puff.

Nice.

emerald green
27-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Bobby Barr - wee Hun. He was raging. Hope they go down. :bye:

kaimendhibs
27-04-2017, 05:54 PM
Really hope the go down. Any team that employs gonzo is fair game for me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk