PDA

View Full Version : NHC Congratulations Newcastle

Lago
24-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Promoted at the first time of asking.

calumhibee1
24-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Hope they go straight back down and to be totally honest, I've no idea why. I just really don't like them.

SirDavidsNapper
24-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Wish we would stop congratulating and wishing other teams good luck. Couldn't care less about Aberdeen never mind a team in a different country. We'll be having a minutes applause for teams at this rate.

18Hibee75
24-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Newcastle my favourite English team, well, depends what you count Cardiff as... Love a day out to Newcastle, great boozers, great people and a real working class team.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Scottie
24-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Hope they go straight back down and to be totally honest, I've no idea why. I just really don't like them.

Wish we would stop congratulating and wishing other teams good luck. Couldn't care less about Aberdeen never mind a team in a different country. We'll be having a minutes applause for teams at this rate.
:agree: Another fat money bloated pig of a club.

Liam89
24-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Went to a Newcastle game recently and it had the atmosphere of a funeral. Cracking stadium and night out though!

The Baldmans Comb
24-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Oh god are these dreadful self important clowns with their ridiculous accents back in the "big time".

They really do think they are "special fans" when in reality they are no different to any other fans throughout England.

Its meant to be a "great night oot" aye if you ignore the poverty, ugly women and the fact most of the city is a dump.

Never understood some Scottish peoples love affair with the place and why some Scottish fans adopt a team from another country in the first place. Dead weird.

SquashedFrogg
24-04-2017, 10:21 PM

Yeh, let's stop congratulating successful achievements :rolleyes: Nothing worse than bloody people doing something good!! Boo Newcastle.... I'm not having it..... you'll get no happiness or best wishes from me!!

Sad

Pete
24-04-2017, 10:30 PM
Say what you like about them but they make great phones (http://consumer.huawei.com/uk/index.htm)

connerg
24-04-2017, 10:31 PM

Agree. I support Hibs. Couldn't care less about other teams. People who support English teams, why?

Just like East Coast OF fan's. They claim they've got an Uncle or Grandad from the West coast, well so have i.

Hibernia&Alba
25-04-2017, 02:08 AM
Newcastle is a big club and should be in the EPL all the time, with their resources.

heretoday
25-04-2017, 05:10 AM
Newcastle is a big club and should be in the EPL all the time, with their resources.

Newcastle and Sunderland, both Sheffield clubs, Birmingham and Wolves - all big clubs who've underachieved.

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2017, 05:27 AM
Almost too apathetic to type my views on Newcastle. Almost. Maybe this means I must have a smidgen of affection or scorn for the club but I just can't locate anything.

Santa Cruz
25-04-2017, 05:33 AM
Who exactly are we congratulating here - I can't see any Newcastle fans reading Hibs.Net and doubt any of them started a thread on their own forums congratulating Hibs on promotion.

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2017, 05:37 AM
Who exactly are we congratulating here - I can't see any Newcastle fans reading Hibs.Net and doubt any of them started a thread on their own forums congratulating Hibs on promotion.

Good point. Our cringing servility to those who do not even know we exist is not a good look. Thus I never 'support' an English team.

hibsbollah
25-04-2017, 06:01 AM

I agree. This is also why I make a point of never shouting at the football; the players can't hear what I'm saying so what's the point.

InchHibby
25-04-2017, 06:19 AM

I'd like a minutes applause for Third Lanark

StevieC
25-04-2017, 08:39 AM
But like the Murphys ...

Can't believe the bitterness on this thread, it's almost laughable. :greengrin

I know lots of Hibs supporters that follow Newcastle, and I know lots of Newcastle supporters that follow Hibs. Admittedly there's less chance of Newcastle fans travelling up to watch Scottish football (for obvious reasons) but it does happen.

"fat bloated money pig of a club"?? Where about? Maybe the chairman (no argument there from fans) but the club get outbid by the likes of Fulham and Crystal Palace for players, so hardly flashing the cash. :rolleyes:

"They really do think they are "special fans" when in reality they are no different to any other fans throughout England" .. The media do seem to harp on about Newcastle fans from time to time, but I don't think that the supporters themselves view themselves as anything more than passionate about their club. To be fair, they still get 50k every week despite the fact that they haven't won anything since 1955!!

"People who support English teams, why?" Why not? It doesn't conflict with your love of Hibs, you can even travel to the occassional game, meet new people, have a night out. Lots of people also have emotional/family attachements to towns. Probably lots of people that have moved to Edinburgh and now support Hibs that also support their "home" team.

"I can't see any Newcastle fans reading Hibs.Net" Maybe you're not looking close enough :wink:

Anyway .. enough of the bitterness .. two teams promoted that deserve to be in the top flight :greengrin all is good :aok:

Diclonius
25-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Well done Newcastle. My English team.

Hibernia&Alba
25-04-2017, 08:48 AM
But like the Murphys ...

I know lots of Hibs supporters that follow Newcastle, and I know lots of Newcastle supporters that follow Hibs. Admittedly there's less chance of Newcastle fans travelling up to watch Scottish football (for obvious reasons) but it does happen.

"fat bloated money pig of a club"?? Where about? Maybe the chairman (no argument there from fans) but the club get outbid by the likes of Fulham and Crystal Palace for players, so hardly flashing the cash. :rolleyes:

"They really do think they are "special fans" when in reality they are no different to any other fans throughout England" .. The media do seem to harp on about Newcastle fans from time to time, but I don't think that the supporters themselves view themselves as anything more than passionate about their club. To be fair, they still get 50k every week despite the fact that they haven't won anything since 1955!!

"People who support English teams, why?" Why not? It doesn't conflict with your love of Hibs, you can even travel to the occassional game, meet new people, have a night out. Lots of people also have emotional/family attachements to towns. Probably lots of people that have moved to Edinburgh and now support Hibs that also support their "home" team.

"I can't see any Newcastle fans reading Hibs.Net" Maybe you're not looking close enough :wink:

Anyway .. enough of the bitterness .. two teams promoted that deserve to be in the top flight :greengrin all is good :aok:

It's a fair post Stevie. I don't get the ill will. The only thing I can't stand about that club is Mike Ashley, and he isn't the fault of the fans. Folk in the north-east tend to be a good sort.

PeeKay
25-04-2017, 09:05 AM
It's a fair post Stevie. I don't get the ill will. The only thing I can't stand about that club is Mike Ashley, and he isn't the fault of the fans. Folk in the north-east tend to be a good sort.

I'm ambivalent about Ashley myself. Don't like his business methods but do like what he's doing to Sevco.

magpie1892
25-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Who exactly are we congratulating here - I can't see any Newcastle fans reading Hibs.Net

You sure about that?!

BegbieHSC
25-04-2017, 09:33 AM

My feelings exactly

Always hated Shearer too!

Pretty Boy
25-04-2017, 09:35 AM
A lot of people who 'don't care' desperate for their voices to be heard to make sure everyone knows just how much they don't care. If I have no interest in something then I tend to ignore it, it's hardly like the thread title was ambiguous.

Anyways delighted to see my English team (shocking I know) promoted. Great club (owner aside) and great fans.

Scouse Hibee
25-04-2017, 12:07 PM

Agreed good to see them back, I like going to St James for Liverpool games and pleased for Rafa to have got them promoted.

SRHibs
25-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Oh god are these dreadful self important clowns with their ridiculous accents back in the "big time".

They really do think they are "special fans" when in reality they are no different to any other fans throughout England.

Its meant to be a "great night oot" aye if you ignore the poverty, ugly women and the fact most of the city is a dump.

Never understood some Scottish peoples love affair with the place and why some Scottish fans adopt a team from another country in the first place. Dead weird.

Having lived here for numerous years I'm yet to meet any of these fans with a superiority complex.

Newcastle as a city isn't quite Edinburgh, but in no way is it some poverty-stricken ****hole full of ugly people, and I'm not quite sure how you've come to that conclusion. The people here are top notch and how good or bad a night out you have really depends on where you go and what you like.

Brightside
25-04-2017, 12:20 PM
But like the Murphys ...

Why do Newcastle deserve to be in the top flight??

SRHibs
25-04-2017, 12:22 PM

Because they finished second in the league and have shown themselves to be vastly superior to most other championship sides. For the same reason we deserve to be in the SPL.

WeeRussell
25-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Having lived here for numerous years I'm yet to meet any of these fans with a superiority complex.

Newcastle as a city isn't quite Edinburgh, but in no way is it some poverty-stricken ****hole full of ugly people, and I'm not quite sure how you've come to that conclusion. The people here are top notch and how good or bad a night out you have really depends on where you go and what you like.

Spot on. Had a great weekend down there last month, even a couple in Gateshead :greengrin

Would be back there in a shot. Have to admit that previous trips haven't been that special given the reviews I had heard from others, like you say, it's about going to the right places (as is the case anywhere).

green with envy
25-04-2017, 12:23 PM

Again for no real apparent reason, i'm the same.

Wembley67
25-04-2017, 12:24 PM

Why do Hibs deserve to be in the top flight? :wink:

Brightside
25-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Why do Hibs deserve to be in the top flight? :wink:

They don't. No one deserves to be in any league. The top clubs in that country based on sporting performance are the ones that should be in the top league.

snooky
25-04-2017, 12:27 PM
A lot of people who 'don't care' desperate for their voices to be heard to make sure everyone knows just how much they don't care. If I have no interest in something then I tend to ignore it, it's hardly like the thread title was ambiguous.

Anyways delighted to see my English team (shocking I know) promoted. Great club (owner aside) and great fans.

Always liked the North East clubs i.e. the Makems & Magpies even though it's the equivalent of being a fan of 'both ar$e cheeks' or Hibs AND Hearts.

SRHibs
25-04-2017, 12:37 PM
They don't. No one deserves to be in any league. The top clubs in that country based on sporting performance are the ones that should be in the top league.
Of course we do. We've won the championship to grant us promotion. Granted, no team has a God-given right to be in the SPL, but at this point in time, based on our performances, we deserve to be in the SPL.

Lago
25-04-2017, 12:54 PM
You answered your own previous question.

Lago
25-04-2017, 01:02 PM
For clarity, my Father in Law, a Geordy, was a great Hibs fan having lived in Scotland longer that he did outside Newcastle, he did always retain an affection for his home town team & I kind of picked up on that. Really supprised at the sour faced individual comments that my post has drawn, but everyone to there own I suppose, but maybe lighten up a little guys after all its only a game of football:agree:

heretoday
25-04-2017, 01:15 PM
There used to be a bus that left the Abbeyhill area for the Newcastle matches in about 1980 approx. Mostly expat Geordie workers and students in it.

snooky
25-04-2017, 01:21 PM
There used to be a bus that left the Abbeyhill area for the Newcastle matches in about 1980 approx. Mostly expat Geordie workers and students in it.

I saw a no. plate on the Isla of Man once. It was....

Brilliant - must have belonged to a Geordie. :greengrin

BegbieHSC
25-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Again for no real apparent reason, i'm the same.

Popular opinion, which I certainly share.
Probably because I canna stand Shearer...no idea why either. Could be down to the outstanding song Sunderland fans have about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENqrh2F9xGU

Some of you may recognise the tune...

Sergio sledge
25-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Must admit to having a bit of a soft spot for the magpies. Newcastle United in the mid-late 90's were one of my favourite teams to watch. Some of the players they had like Ginola, Albert, Asprilla, Beardsley and Ketsbaia were brilliant and I still remember watching (back when the Champions League was good) Asprilla scoring a hat-trick against Barcelona at St James' Park before they almost threw it away by conceding two goals.

Similarly, the Middlesborough team with Emerson, Branco, Ravanelli and Juninho was one of my favourites and I even had their 1996/1997 Cellnet top so I could recreate the Ravanelli celebration in the park with my friends. Got a soft spot for Middlesborough too. I remember being devastated when Di Matteo scored a goal in about 12 seconds in that seasons FA cup final.

Bostonhibby
25-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Like Newcastle utd. Like the fans loyalty despite the fact Ashley is involved. Problem is I have quite liked Sunderland ever since I went to Roker park years ago. Glad Newcastle are back but it has the potential to be another yo yo year unless benitez is backed 100% in the transfer market.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
25-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Interesting to hear Benitez talk about how hard it is being the biggest club in the division and everyone else raising their game when they came to SJP...

Pete
25-04-2017, 02:41 PM
Sunderland will be gutted at them swapping divisions.

It would have been six easy points.

jacomo
25-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Sunderland will be gutted at them swapping divisions.

It would have been six easy points.

This is why Sunderland are going down.

LancsHibs
25-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Yes well done to Brighton for beating them to the title with a fraction of their budget👍

Alex Trager
25-04-2017, 03:14 PM

Exactly so they deserve to be there

Wilson
25-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Yes well done to Brighton for beating them to the title with a fraction of their budget👍

Brighton aren't champions yet?

magpie1892
25-04-2017, 05:23 PM

Brighton aren't champions...

RoxburghHibs
25-04-2017, 05:31 PM

I wonder if there was a thread on their main forum saying "congratulations Hibernian"?

Lago
25-04-2017, 06:03 PM
I wonder if there was a thread on their main forum saying "congratulations Hibernian"?
Have a look & let us all know if you feel its that important:wink:

jacomo
25-04-2017, 06:05 PM

Just texted my magpie mate to say congrats for getting promoted.

His reply didn't mention Hibs at all.

I will be the better man in this...

Lago
25-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Brighton aren't champions...
Correct not mathematically finished yet.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-04-2017, 06:11 PM

If there is then tell them to take it off right away. Down with that sort of thing.

Scouse Hibee
25-04-2017, 06:18 PM

I did get a few texts from Liverpool supporters and one Evertonian.

jgl07
26-04-2017, 10:22 AM
Well it appear that the tax authorities have it in for Newcastle and West Ham.

I hope both sets of owners get banged up. I like both clubs and their supporters.

magpie1892
07-05-2017, 01:04 PM

Well done indeed! LOL

More than 52,000 here today. If only Ashley would stop stealing the TV money...

CockneyRebel
07-05-2017, 01:13 PM

1. Its meant to be a "great night oot" aye if you ignore the poverty, ugly women and the fact most of the city is a dump.

2. Never understood some Scottish peoples love affair with the place and why some Scottish fans adopt a team from another country in the first place. Dead weird.

1. You could say the same about any city (including Edinburgh) it just depends where you look when you're there.

2. Plenty of English and other supporters "adopt" a Scottish team - just read this forum regularly.

Pretty Boy
07-05-2017, 01:16 PM
2 championships to celebrate in one season, happy days.

Lago
07-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Fitting end to the season for Newcastle, great result Hibs champions, Newcastle champions.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-05-2017, 01:20 PM
**** Newcastle, lucky *******s!

easty
07-05-2017, 01:20 PM
Unless they sign a lot of new players I can see them struggling next season.

If Benitez is staying I assume they'll be spending fairly big.

RIP
07-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Agree. I support Hibs. Couldn't care less about other teams. People who support English teams, why?

This. Went to a few Arsenal and QPR matches when I lived in Wimbledon in 1973-75. Never watched an English game since either live or on the telly box.

Onion
07-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Arguably, the biggest underachieving club in England, always finding new creative ways to cock things up.

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Pleased for Rafa.

Lago
07-05-2017, 01:30 PM
This. Went to a few Arsenal and QPR matches when I lived in Wimbledon in 1973-75. Never watched an English game since either live or on the telly box.
How sad is that.

ekhibee
07-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Popular opinion, which I certainly share.
Probably because I canna stand Shearer...no idea why either. Could be down to the outstanding song Sunderland fans have about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENqrh2F9xGU

Some of you may recognise the tune...
I've got relatives who live in the North East of England and they're all Sunderland fans, and I've got a soft spot for them too. For some reason Newcastle have always got more publicity than other teams in the North East that are just as big, don't know why.

Cardinal G
07-05-2017, 02:56 PM
I've got relatives who live in the North East of England and they're all Sunderland fans, and I've got a soft spot for them too. For some reason Newcastle have always got more publicity than other teams in the North East that are just as big, don't know why.

It's known here in the northeast as "magmedia" with constant refences to "52,000 screaming geordies at every home game goin g to worship at the cathedral on the hill for the Barcelona of the North"

magpie1892
07-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Unless they sign a lot of new players I can see them struggling next season.

If Benitez is staying I assume they'll be spending fairly big.

We need quite a few players but I hear that Benitez is only going to get £40m plus anything he can raise from sales. The other £70m from Sky will disappear into the Sports Direct organisation, and Ashley will continue to help himself to £25-40m worth of advertising at SJP for free. Rafa may well walk, and we'll be back to targeting 17th every season again. There's very little to be optimistic about with Ashley as owner. It's not as if the thieving **** has had an epiphany or anything.

http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ekhibee http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=5035834#post5035834)

The reason Newcastle get the most media attention in the north east because they are the biggest club in the region by a distance. At the start of next season, we will most likely be the only north east club in the top tier for example. No-one would seriously suggest that Sunderland and Boro are bigger clubs than Newcastle. As the biggest club, with the biggest and best ground, biggest gates, etc. we sell the most papers - it's really a very straightforward concept.

poolman
07-05-2017, 05:04 PM

Couldn't give a monkeys

Not really sure why there's a thread on this 🤔

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Couldn't give a monkeys

It's so people who couldn't give a monkeys can post on it and tell everyone.

magpie1892
07-05-2017, 06:14 PM

Couldn't give a monkeys

Dead impressive like. I wish I couldn't give a monkeys the way you do.

My strategy would be not to read or comment on the thread, but I see now how outdated an approach that is.

07-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Newcastle really have ideas above their station. They are a yo yo club who have achieved the square root of hee haw in their entire existence despite their fans bizarre delusions that they are a top English club.

hibs#1
07-05-2017, 06:46 PM
It's so people who couldn't give a monkeys can post on it and tell everyone.

Haha 👍

Pretty Boy
07-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Newcastle really have ideas above their station. They are a yo yo club who have achieved the square root of hee haw in their entire existence despite their fans bizarre delusions that they are a top English club.

What delusions? I've attended Newcastle games for years and have genuinely met only a handful of Newcastle fans who think they are a 'top English club'.

Most just feel that they are a club who shouldn't have gone 50+ years without a trophy. The 'Newcastle fans are deluded' line is just nonsense regurgitated from the tabaloids with little or no substance.

JimBHibees
07-05-2017, 06:58 PM
What delusions? I've attended Newcastle games for years and have genuinely met only a handful of Newcastle fans who think they are a 'top English club'.

Most just feel that they are a club who shouldn't have gone 50+ years without a trophy. The 'Newcastle fans are deluded' line is just nonsense regurgitated from the tabaloids with little or no substance.

Agree passionate football people.

Jones28
07-05-2017, 07:01 PM
I believe my father and maybe a couple of others are the only people to have seen both championship titles lifted this season!

H'away the lads, well done

StevieC
07-05-2017, 07:36 PM
I believe my father and maybe a couple of others are the only people to have seen both championship titles lifted this season!
H'away the lads, well done

You are selling yourself well short on numbers I reckon. Me and 3 others I travelled with today saw two Championship presentations this weekend.

PS it's "Howay" .. you really don't want to get that mixed up with the makem spelling of the word!

StevieC
07-05-2017, 07:39 PM

As magpie1892 says .. well done indeed

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=18561&stc=1&d=1494185884

ekhibee
07-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Dead impressive like. I wish I couldn't give a monkeys the way you do.

My strategy would be not to read or comment on the thread, but I see now how outdated an approach that is.
Why were you including my comment again, you'd already given your opinion on it. If you continually want to rub peoples' noses in it sometimes they're going to reply to it. And for the record, I was asking a question, not criticizing Newcastle FC.

LancashireHibby
07-05-2017, 09:09 PM
The reason Newcastle get the most media attention in the north east because they are the biggest club in the region by a distance. At the start of next season, we will most likely be the only north east club in the top tier for example. No-one would seriously suggest that Sunderland and Boro are bigger clubs than Newcastle. As the biggest club, with the biggest and best ground, biggest gates, etc. we sell the most papers - it's really a very straightforward concept.
Tallest dwarf contest?

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2017, 09:11 PM
The reason Newcastle get the most media attention in the north east because they are the biggest club in the region by a distance. At the start of next season, we will most likely be the only north east club in the top tier for example. No-one would seriously suggest that Sunderland and Boro are bigger clubs than Newcastle. As the biggest club, with the biggest and best ground, biggest gates, etc. we sell the most papers - it's really a very straightforward concept.[/QUOTE]

A bit like Hibs in Edinburgh then

Scott Allan Key
07-05-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm glad Newcastle have gone up and feel sorry that they are associated with the crook Ashley. There does seem an unlucky, unfortunate pattern to them in history. A friend's father Tony Green was part of the great side of the early 70's. There's footage in slo-mo of him skinning George Best (who falls on his arse- one too many the night before?). He suffered a career ending injury at Crystal Palace, but was a key part in their swashbuckling style. Who knows what they might acheive one day if it all clicks. An enigma of a club.