PDA

View Full Version : SFA Youth Cup Final - being played behind closed doors

H18 SFR
24-04-2017, 08:30 PM
As it says, the game is this week behind closed doors at Hampden - I challenge you to find any country in the world that plays a national cup competition behind closed doors.

Golden Bear
24-04-2017, 08:33 PM
As it says, the game is this week behind closed doors at Hampden - I challenge you to find any country in the world that plays a national cup competition behind closed doors.

Celtic v The Rangers final by any chance?

truehibernian
24-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Given the bother at previous Old Firm youth finals it's sadly wise decision - bigotry wins however.

One day the SFA might grow a pair and really tackle it. Points deductions and 'closed door' Old Firm games in the top league would be a start !

Golden Bear
24-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Given the bother at previous Old Firm youth finals it's sadly wise decision - bigotry wins however.

One day the SFA might grow a pair and really tackle it. Points deductions and 'closed door' Old Firm games in the top league would be a start !

What a sad country we live in.

Billy Whizz
24-04-2017, 08:41 PM

Can't agree more, if they weren't able to go to a big game, they as soon as hell would complain

weecounty hibby
24-04-2017, 08:44 PM
Yip, that's the way to deal with the problem. Hide it away, put your fingers in your ears and go lalalalalalLalalalalalalala. Scotland's shame and all being covered up by our governing bodies and police

calumhibee1
24-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Absolutely pathetic.

bob12345
24-04-2017, 09:51 PM
It's worth noting that the SFA are also pushing their live Facebook streams hard, which is where this match will be shown.

Jack Hackett
24-04-2017, 10:23 PM
It's worth noting that the SFA are also pushing their live Facebook streams hard, which is where this match will be shown.

Not even if they paid me.

JimBHibees
25-04-2017, 09:46 AM
How embarrassing is that. Huge trouble not dealt with on more than one occasions yet Hibs have been lambasted for months on end for nothing like the trouble this game has caused. Spineless from all. The Police might have spent the same time on finding and charging the people causing the trouble at this game. Surely wouldt have been that difficult. Bet the red tops and Sky have this all over the networks, Not.

Craig_HFC
25-04-2017, 09:54 AM
Aye that's the way to improve the development of the countries' young players... make them play in a Cup Final in front of empty stands.

That'll properly prepare them for first team football and also, in turn, improve our nations' chances of qualifying for another international tournament before the universe collapses in on itself.

Nice one, SFA.

:rolleyes:

SirDavidsNapper
25-04-2017, 09:58 AM
They play the old firm youth game behind closed doors but allow a stadium full of bigoted morons to attend the real thing? Makes sense.

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Sadder than sad .............. I wouldn't doubt the knuckle draggers who follow both clubs will proudly proclaim that this is a sign of one of world footballs great rivalries, one so bitter that the two sets of fans cant be trusted to watch a bunch of kids play each other without taking up the valuable time of NHS Glasgow A & E departments.

When will they learn that the ability to act like a Neanderthal moron doesn't make you an asset to the rich tapestry of the beautiful game, it just makes you a bunch of sad gits that football can well do without.

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2017, 01:58 PM
Sadder than sad .............. I wouldn't doubt the knuckle draggers who follow both clubs will proudly proclaim that this is a sign of one of world footballs great rivalries, one so bitter that the two sets of fans cant be trusted to watch a bunch of kids play each other without taking up the valuable time of NHS Glasgow A & E departments.

When will they learn that the ability to act like a Neanderthal moron doesn't make you an asset to the rich tapestry of the beautiful game, it just makes you a bunch of sad gits that football can well do without.

When the authorities stop indulging them.

DaveF
25-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Ridiculous.

Giving in to the utter cretins that prop up the 2 Glasgow 'giants'

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2017, 02:08 PM
[/B]

When the authorities stop indulging them.

Sadly yes :agree:

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-04-2017, 02:16 PM
It's really difficult to comprehend just how inept those in charge of our game are and the way in which the 2 "giants" from Glasgow control our game.

Grown men fighting at under 17s football - embarrassing

Bishop Hibee
25-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Craven cowardice from the SFA. Play the game then sanction the clubs severely if the fans can't behave.

JimBHibees
25-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Craven cowardice from the SFA. Play the game then sanction the clubs severely if the fans can't behave.

Unfortunately the clubs voted for no liability on behalf of their fans so the cycle continues.

Benji1
25-04-2017, 04:02 PM
All academy players from both clubs are invited , I'm going with my son. Wouldn't be goin tbh if it was open to general public.

oconnors_strip
25-04-2017, 04:03 PM
It's really difficult to comprehend just how inept those in charge of our game are and the way in which the 2 "giants" from Glasgow control our game.

Grown men fighting at under 17s football - embarrassing

It wasn't just grown men, there has been incidents of the so called "ultras" clashing and jumping the walls and seats to get at each other. Feel sorry for the young players, they might never get another chance to play at hampden but because of some (more like lots) of idiots supporting their team they will run out to an empty stadium except from a few members of staff and maybe their parents.

houstonhibbee
27-04-2017, 02:28 AM
Hearts youth coach Jon Daly (far left), Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers (second from left) and Scottish FA performance director Malky Mackay (top) were among the spectators at Hampden

This taken from the BBC match report giving the impression that there were spectators at the game rather than it being behind closed doors

HoboHarry
27-04-2017, 03:36 AM
Hearts youth coach Jon Daly (far left), Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers (second from left) and Scottish FA performance director Malky Mackay (top) were among the spectators at Hampden

This taken from the BBC match report giving the impression that there were spectators at the game rather than it being behind closed doors
Here mate, after a couple of deals falling through we have settled on a house in Conroe - close the deal on May 11th. We will be relatively close distance wise.......

StevieCowan
27-04-2017, 06:32 AM
Slightly changing subject but both clubs bought highly regarded players from hibs a couple of years back and none featured last night.

Kieran McGrath and Jack Adamson.

Anyone know how they've progressed??

Itsnoteasy
27-04-2017, 07:15 AM
It stated on the radio last night before KO that a maximum of 2K were allowed into stadium. Was not there so I don't know what the crowd was

Fuzzywuzzy
27-04-2017, 07:20 AM
So they're acknowledging a problem by not really acknowledging THE problem

oconnors_strip
27-04-2017, 07:43 AM

Parents and footballing staff were there along with youth players of each team as their parent club gave tickets to them alongside their parents.

hibs0666
27-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Slightly changing subject but both clubs bought highly regarded players from hibs a couple of years back and none featured last night.

Kieran McGrath and Jack Adamson.

Anyone know how they've progressed??

Adamson is making a big impression at ibrox as you can see from the huns website...

https://rangers.co.uk/talent/jack-adamson/

Hibs Class
27-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Maybe no spectators allowed in, but in the last 15 minutes of Sportsound I heard when I got back to my car after our game last night it was the only game they spoke about. A one sentence reference to our game and otherwise it was all about the youth final.

Deansy
27-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Adamson is making a big impression at ibrox as you can see from the huns website...

https://rangers.co.uk/talent/jack-adamson/

Here's hoping the lad never goes missing as I can't see the Hun being able to give the police any sort of infomation/description about him - they don't know how old he is, where he's from, what height/weight etc !

Benji1
27-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Parents and footballing staff were there along with youth players of each team as their parent club gave tickets to them alongside their parents.
This.... South lower bout 3/4 full