PDA

View Full Version : Summer Signings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RamYer1902
24-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Now that we are officially back in the top flight, it has been well documented that we will need to bring in a few more high calibre players in the summer to compete near the top end of the table.

So, who would you sign in the summer and who would you offer contracts to or get rid of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18Hibee75
24-04-2017, 04:47 PM
If I was Neil Lennon I would look to definitely try and keep: Mcgregor, McGinn, Hanlon, Mcgeouch, Gray, Cummings, Bartley and Boyle and would want all of them starting next season.

I would also like to keep: Holt, Fyvie, Keatings and Harris as players to come of the bench/back up.

Players to get rid of: Graham and McLean (providing we keep ambrose)

Players on loan: I know that it is up to the parent club but would like to see us definitely keep Marciano, Shinnie and Ambrose - Marciano as first choice and Ambrose and Shinnie as back up.

Players to sign: Certainly a striker to partner Cummings (as we've seen he doesn't work well up front by himself) A right back/centre back, would love too see a return of Gunnarson, would also like to see us make a push for Liam Henderson as he doesn't seem to be wanted at Celtic. A fast winger to go on the opposite wing of Boyle would be ideal too.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
24-04-2017, 04:51 PM
If I was Neil Lennon I would look to definitely try and keep: Mcgregor, McGinn, Hanlon, Mcgeouch, Gray, Cummings, Bartley and Boyle and would want all of them starting next season.

I would also like to keep: Holt, Fyvie, Keatings and Harris as players to come of the bench/back up.

Players to get rid of: Graham and McLean (providing we keep ambrose)

Players on loan: I know that it is up to the parent club but would like to see us definitely keep Marciano, Shinnie and Ambrose - Marciano as first choice and Ambrose and Shinnie as back up.

Players to sign: Certainly a striker to partner Cummings (as we've seen he doesn't work well up front by himself) A right back/centre back, would love too see a return of Gunnarson, would also like to see us make a push for Liam Henderson as he doesn't seem to be wanted at Celtic. A fast winger to go on the opposite wing of Boyle would be ideal too.

Ambrose is out of contract. And Shinnie is unlikely to come back to us on loan to be a backup player.

houstonhibbee
24-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Ambrose is out of contract. And Shinnie is unlikely to come back to us on loan to be a backup player.

not sure where Shinnie would go better than hibs with a guaranteed starting place?

SeanWilson
24-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Depending on where his heads at... I'd go all out to get stokes back in and do everything we can to keep JC. Those two starting on Saturday and we'd have battered them.

makaveli1875
24-04-2017, 05:06 PM
hope we can keep rocky , sign a striker that can score on a regular basis , a left back , a centre back, steve mallan or tony andreu for the midfield

out - keatings , fyvie , graham , mclean , stanton . Cant see shinnie being here next season , he's a decent player just hasnt worked out for him here. Doubt we could afford ambrose wage so he will go

JimboHibs
24-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Is Fraser Fyvie the new hate figure at Hibs ?? Why get rid of Fraser the lad is quality

Franck Stanton
24-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Well said ☺

Cocaine&Caviar
24-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Ideal World, potentially unrealistic:

GK: Marciano, Turnbull

RWB: Whittaker, Gray
CB: McGregor, Forster
CB: Ambrose,
CB: Hanlon,
LWB: Stevenson, Crane

RCM: S. Allan, Swanson
DCM: Bartley, Fyvie
LCM: McGinn, McGeouch

ST: Stokes, Holt
ST: Cummings, Keatings

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Stokes is on 14k a week, and still looking for advances on them. Apparently he's back betting on losers again.

Dont see him coming back for the wages we pay, and he's also got that huge fine and legal fee's of around the 500k mark to find.

He will be hanging around the bigger wages for some time yet.

Pete
24-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Hate myself for saying this but I'd be looking to bring in a quality left sided defender/wing back/full back to give us "competition" in that area.

hibbytam
24-04-2017, 07:45 PM
It's important we keep the core of this team together, there's a few things that need added, but no more than a handful of players.
The main areas we need to add to is up top, I think we can all agree that there haven't been anywhere near enough goals scored. We need a striker to complement Cummings (if he's still here), basically do what Holt does, but with more goals scored. Up till Saturday I thought that Holt shouldn't be given any extension, simply because he hasn't been the goal threat he should be with his experience. But if we can get that level of performance out of him, and an improved return then I'll be happy to see him stay. Ironically it might be that he finds it easier to do these things against teams in the top division, as there should be more space in attacking areas, and so more places to just drift into, like his goals against hearts and Aberdeen.
Still I think someone else with those attributes is needed.

As is more width, though that might be partly solved with Swanson. Possibly with Humphrey if he can keep fit.
And keep Marciano.

SirDavidsNapper
24-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Like to see us go for Osman Sow. Tin hat and all that but he'd be a great foil for Cummings. Probably on a packet in China though. Kenny Miller would be a great signing too and a realistic one at that. I think Lennon will sign a couple of gems and really excited about Dempster and Craig's plans.

hibs#1
24-04-2017, 08:20 PM
Heard a lot of people say kenny miller,it's a no from me.

Lee Marvin
24-04-2017, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=hibs#1;5022695]Heard a lot of people say kenny miller,it's a no from me.[/QUOTE

I think this is highly probable. Think would be a great signing

Zazu62
24-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Ryan Gauld

Dibben
24-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Is Fraser Fyvie the new hate figure at Hibs ?? Why get rid of Fraser the lad is quality

Most of the comments I've read are along the line of after him being subbed early - he probably won't want to stay.

If Lennon wants him to stay them it'll take a clear the air chat for him to remain here. I hope he does!!

truehibernian
24-04-2017, 08:39 PM

Fraser would be first on my team sheet every single week - madness folk want him to leave.

one day maybe...
24-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Peter Grant Falkirk still only 23 decent centre back

makaveli1875
24-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Fraser would be first on my team sheet every single week - madness folk want him to leave.

im glad your not the manager :greengrin

hibbysam
24-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Kenny Miller plus one of Lewis Moult or Liam Boyce. Miller can still play deeper as well as up top, still has an engine and scores goals. The other two are big players who will score goals. Would keep the middle of the park the same, including Shinnie if possible. Hendo would be good but still can't see it happening with Celtic in the Champions League they need a decent sized squad for league games.

An out and out left winger is a must, Boyle to keep progressing and with Swanson signing that would give us three wide options plus Miller.

Defensively very similar if we keep Rocky then amazing, cover for right back.

So about 4 more players, quality over quantity. We don't need massive squads, we need a quality group of around 16-18.

Tha Cabbage Kid
24-04-2017, 09:06 PM
I think cummings will be gone so it's fair to say we need a whole new strike force as Holt (part from his great game against sheep) is not good enough. Nor Graham. Keating's can't get a game 4 us in championship. Ambrose will be gone and so will shinnie. We have a lot of work to do. K.miller is not the answer either. Might get a season out of him. Marciano could be away too if we can't offer him a cracking deal as I'm sure he could get offers from some big clubs

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
24-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Hate myself for saying this but I'd be looking to bring in a quality left sided defender/wing back/full back to give us "competition" in that area.

Of all the areas we should be looking at this is pretty close to the last.
We're very solid at the back and Stevenson barely puts a foot wrong defensively.

Our principle issue this season - as it has been for a while - is not enough goals.
Those that attribute that to our left back not being not great at crossing are playing the man rather than the ball so to speak.

As for the "competition" argument it's curious that Gray who imo has been no better going forward, is less solid defensively and has no back up player for his position (aside from while we've had an emergency loan for Ambrose that won't be renewed) isn't more of an issue for you.

mcfly
24-04-2017, 10:01 PM
I think cummings will be gone so it's fair to say we need a whole new strike force as Holt (part from his great game against sheep) is not good enough. Nor Graham. Keating's can't get a game 4 us in championship. Ambrose will be gone and so will shinnie. We have a lot of work to do. K.miller is not the answer either. Might get a season out of him. Marciano could be away too if we can't offer him a cracking deal as I'm sure he could get offers from some big clubs

Gosh your a cheery one

Cummings is on a 3-4 year deal
So unless we get offered huge money he's going nowhere
As for Kenny miler he's been the rangers best player for past 2-3 years id take him definitely

cmcd
24-04-2017, 10:29 PM

Perhaps you should read the Evening News where Marciano says he wants to stay

pacorosssco
24-04-2017, 11:11 PM
Marciano types is key. Few spl players will make us better or beyond budget. We need luck with few unknown gems.

Unseen work
24-04-2017, 11:36 PM
any of the following for me

Cammy Kerr
Michael Devlin
Aaron Taylor Sinclair
Scott Allan
Gary McKay Steven
Liam Henderson
Stevie Mallan
Kenny Miller
Miles Storey
Nadir Ciftci
Louis Moult
liam Boyce

if we we could afford them is another matter. I expect us to resign Shinnie and Ofir permanent.

its about time we start cherry picking the best players in Scotland. :flag::flag:

ekhibee
24-04-2017, 11:38 PM
Mallan
O'Halloran
The Polish Bloke
Swanson
1 or 2 older players in the English Championship who are struggling to get a game down there but are still no bad.
Conrad Logan
Niall McGinn
Falkirk's best players just to annoy Houston

pacorosssco
24-04-2017, 11:50 PM
Marciano types is key. Few spl players will make us better or beyond budget. We need luck with few unknown gems.

Wish folk stop niall mcginn hes sub mostly at dons and wages better bumping jason and john.

Unseen work
24-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Wish folk stop niall mcginn hes sub mostly at dons and wages better bumping jason and john.

Niall McGinn has been a regular in the Aberdeen 11 all season.

No chance we will get him.

pacorosssco
25-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Niall McGinn has been a regular in the Aberdeen 11 all season.

No chance we will get him.

No hes not. Example league cup final and semi v us . Started bench.Not first pick but possible due to said leaving.

Unseen work
25-04-2017, 12:09 AM
No hes not. Example league cup final and semi v us . Started bench.Not first pick but possible due to said leaving.

I live in Aberdeen and have a lot of mates who support Aberdeen and as far as I am aware he starts most weeks.

a quick check online shows he has started 36/40 appearances this season for Aberdeen.

It is a a rare occasion Mcinnes changes his starting 11, Saturday was one of them.

pacorosssco
25-04-2017, 12:26 AM
I live in Aberdeen and have a lot of mates who support Aberdeen and as far as I am aware he starts most weeks.

a quick check online shows he has started 36/40 appearances this season for Aberdeen.

It is a a rare occasion Mcinnes changes his starting 11, Saturday was one of them.

Ok without checking fair enough. Id rather hayes any day and as above we dont leave SJM on bench hampden . Good player but rather see money keep our best longer deals

Ozyhibby
25-04-2017, 04:00 AM
Ok without checking fair enough. Id rather hayes any day and as above we dont leave SJM on bench hampden . Good player but rather see money keep our best longer deals

There is no way we are signing anyone from Aberdeen that they want to keep and the same works in reverse. Our budgets are very similar and players rarely move for the exact same money.
It's players like Mallan, Sibbald, Devlin, moult etc that we have a chance with and would improve us. That is the type of signings we should be making.
We can offer premiership footy and higher wages than they are getting.

Tha Cabbage Kid
25-04-2017, 05:52 AM
Gosh your a cheery one

Cummings is on a 3-4 year deal
So unless we get offered huge money he's going nowhere
As for Kenny miler he's been the rangers best player for past 2-3 years id take him definitely
Listen mate, I'm just being real. Cummings is a great player who we will do well to keep. He could be on a 100 year deal but doesn't mean he's not for sale. Why did we not keep broony, Riordan, KT, Whittaker, Murphy O'Connor??? We had a great team then. But they still wanted to go on to bigger things unfortunately

Tha Cabbage Kid
25-04-2017, 05:56 AM
Perhaps you should read the Evening News where Marciano says he wants to stay
If he's offered a better deal is he gonna turn it down? If you were offered 5 grand a week and someone else offers 20 grand what do you thing he will do? Say no it's more important to play for less than the chance to secure his kids future with alot more money. Marciano is easy the best keeper in Scotland bar Craig Gordon.

IAmLee
25-04-2017, 07:42 AM

McGinn starts most games for them, he didn't start at the weekend because he had been out injured for a couple of weeks prior.

25-04-2017, 08:25 AM
Hayes, Rooney and McGinn from Aberdeen, obviously realisicly we wont get all 3 and wed be lucky to get 1 but i like them. Irish and Northern Irish players and all know where the net is in the top teir 😊😊

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Barney McGrew
25-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Anyone that thinks we will get anyone from Aberdeen needs to stay off the hard liquor.

keep the faith
25-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Hayes, Rooney and McGinn from Aberdeen, obviously realisicly we wont get all 3 and wed be lucky to get 1 but i like them. Irish and Northern Irish players and all know where the net is in the top teir 😊😊

😂😂😂

25-04-2017, 08:31 AM
😂😂😂
What?

ekhibee
25-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Niall McGinn has refused to sign a new contract with Aberdeen, hasn't he? He'll probably go down south but I don't see why we couldn't make an offer for him if he's wanting to leave anyway.

Lago
25-04-2017, 09:43 PM
He had been injured, just past fitness test.

ancient hibee
25-04-2017, 09:43 PM
Niall McGinn has refused to sign a new contract with Aberdeen, hasn't he? He'll probably go down south but I don't see why we couldn't make an offer for him if he's wanting to leave anyway.
He's a free agent.Lump sum to him instead of transfer fee.Might as well try.

hibbydog
25-04-2017, 09:58 PM
If you offered me Kenny miller id bite your hand off. He's Rangers best player and, Cummings aside, much better than what we have.

Even though he's 37 there's a fitness and attitude there that are a great example for our youngsters. I expect rangers to offer him another year, and he'll probably take it.

cmcd
25-04-2017, 10:11 PM
If he's offered a better deal is he gonna turn it down? If you were offered 5 grand a week and someone else offers 20 grand what do you thing he will do? Say no it's more important to play for less than the chance to secure his kids future with alot more money. Marciano is easy the best keeper in Scotland bar Craig Gordon.

I have no information only what the man himself said "I would like to stay "

truehibernian
28-04-2017, 12:12 AM
Kristoffer Ajer in our 'sights' I'm told - don't know much about him at all other than he's received decent reports on loan at Killie. I'd imagine it would be a season loan if it came to pass.

18Hibee75
28-04-2017, 07:00 AM
That boy from celtic looks decent, dembele I think it is? Either him or Rooney wouldny be bad IMO. David Moyes was down at out game against Utd this season, Brian Graham for Defoe swap deal?

J-C
28-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Kristoffer Ajer in our 'sights' I'm told - don't know much about him at all other than he's received decent reports on loan at Killie. I'd imagine it would be a season loan if it came to pass.

Brought in by Deila, I don't know much about the lad but he may be one of many being emptied by Rodgers as he puts his stamp on the Celtic squad.

Mikey09
28-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Ali Crawford. Great wee player who keeps his team going forward. I'd also be tempted to take Stephen Dobbie. Experience, goals. Way too good for QOS.

Hibeewilly
28-04-2017, 12:06 PM
I'm hearing Stefan Scougall has signed a pre contract - anybody else heard this?

thebakerboy
28-04-2017, 12:53 PM
Think Rocky came to the UK for his wifes career as much as his own. She is a top model in Israel and wanted to get work in London and Europe which she is now getting and she loves where she lives in Musselburgh. So if she is happy here and he is happy at Hibs I do not think they will be going anywhere.

Jag7
28-04-2017, 12:56 PM
Would like to see some movement on Henderson, he gets Hibs and will improve greatly playing more first team games I think !!

Earlydelivery
28-04-2017, 12:58 PM
I'm hearing Stefan Scougall has signed a pre contract - anybody else heard this?
I said on other thread definitely interested.

Hibeewilly
28-04-2017, 01:06 PM
I said on other thread definitely interested.
I didn't see that mate - cheers

Earlydelivery
28-04-2017, 01:08 PM
:thumbsup:
I didn't see that mate - cheers

JimBHibees
28-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Brought in by Deila, I don't know much about the lad but he may be one of many being emptied by Rodgers as he puts his stamp on the Celtic squad.

Or we get him on a loan. The little bits I have seen of Killie on tv he has looked promising.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Or we get him on a loan. The little bits I have seen of Killie on tv he has looked promising.

He's only 19, would rather have Henderson

hibs#1
28-04-2017, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=hibs#1;5022695]Heard a lot of people say kenny miller,it's a no from me.[/QUOTE

I think this is highly probable. Think would be a great signing

Just think we can get better than him. Do get I've admired the guys professionalism and attitude and he's been a good player.
I'd say for one thing the fact he still playing at a high level speaks volumes for the guy considering the more talented in my opinion Riordan and O'connor aren't.

If we do sign him he will get my full backing as with any player except andy halliday.

CallumLaidlaw
28-04-2017, 02:36 PM

I don't imagine Henderson would come on loan again tho based on whats been said.

hibs#1
28-04-2017, 02:38 PM

Different type of player ajer is a defender/defensive midfielder I believe.

Hibeewilly
28-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Different type of player ajer is a defender/defensive midfielder I believe.
Yes he is a centre half and is 6' 5" tall

Stevie Reid
28-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Thought Ajer looked pretty good when I saw Killie against Hearts the other week on TV - granted Hearts didn't offer much, but then that's to Killie's credit as well.

Would be very happy with Scougall, from what I've heard about him.

Aldo
28-04-2017, 03:37 PM
Thought Ajer looked pretty good when I saw Killie against Hearts the other week on TV - granted Hearts didn't offer much, but then that's to Killie's credit as well.

Would be very happy with Scougall, from what I've heard about him.

Is Scougall not a similar type player as Swanson??

Stevie Reid
28-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Is Scougall not a similar type player as Swanson??

As far as I know, yes.

Aldo
28-04-2017, 03:51 PM
As far as I know, yes.

Thought that.

Unseen work
28-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Scougall would be a very good addition.

He plays like Alex Harris should play.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2017, 05:54 PM
Scougall would be a very good addition.

He plays like Alex Harris should play.

He's an attacking midfielder with only 12 career goals. Think we got enough of these sort of players. I want much better than him!

Dunbar Hibee
28-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Kenny Miller won't be one of them. He's signed a one year extension with the Huns.

IanM
28-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Kenny Miller won't be one of them. He's signed a one year extension with the Huns.

As much as I don't like the club that year is the least he deserves.

Thecat23
28-04-2017, 07:03 PM

Correct, signed a one year deal this afternoon. Hibs never approached him.

Ozyhibby
28-04-2017, 07:30 PM

I'm glad about that to be honest. He is a quality player but I'd rather we were building for the future.
I imagine Celtic fans are happy about it too. They are never going to get close to them with Kenny Miller up front.

Just Alf
28-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Next year it's gonna be too late to come here I think.

Oh well

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
28-04-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm glad about that to be honest. He is a quality player but I'd rather we were building for the future.
I imagine Celtic fans are happy about it too. They are never going to get close to them with Kenny Miller up front.

Think a few will feel the same as yourself Ozy. I think he'd have done well here if we were to bring in youth or manage to keep JC. Which I don't think we will sadly. Derby County ready with an offer.

Jag7
28-04-2017, 08:01 PM
I don't think Kenny Millar will be as effective next year. No matter how fit you keep yourself you will slow down, plus teams will know more about how he plays.. this was their first season back in the SPL and he would be new to a lot of players .... not any more!!

Lago
28-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Think that was thr best deal for him, probably too late for an effective return to Hibs.

Lago
28-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Think a few will feel the same as yourself Ozy. I think he'd have done well here if we were to bring in youth or manage to keep JC. Which I don't think we will sadly. Derby County ready with an offer.
More than Derby after him & better clubs.

Unseen work
28-04-2017, 08:31 PM
The lad Jake Muhraney has looked good for Inverness tonight.

fast left winger with quite a bit of skill, beats his man and whips it in. Left footed too, similar to Jonny Hayes.

Unseen work
28-04-2017, 08:32 PM

Aftr JC? Who other than Derby are after him?

makaveli1875
28-04-2017, 08:33 PM

sunderland were getting linked with him

Billy Whizz
28-04-2017, 08:34 PM

Brighton in January, but think they will look for a proven premier league player now

Unseen work
28-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Jim O'Brien and Michael Gardyne both really impressed me tonight for county.

if anyone suggested them to me before I would have laughed, both experienced players though that know the spl well.

Gardyne puts in some brilliant crosses.

greenlex
28-04-2017, 08:47 PM

fast left winger with quite a bit of skill, beats his man and whips it in. Left footed too, similar to Jonny Hayes.
Funny how folk see things differently. I think he's been innefective and reminds me a wee bit of Harris:

Lago
28-04-2017, 08:59 PM
sunderland were getting linked with him
Think there could be strong interest from them, big clear out coming at Sunderland who will be playing in the 2nd tier, ideal for JC.

Auckland Hibs
28-04-2017, 09:48 PM

I wonder if we will see JC in a Hibs shirt again this season?

If Derby are lining up a decent offer that the club thinks is acceptable would they risk him in the last two (meaningless) games?

Mantis Toboggan
28-04-2017, 09:49 PM

Don't think he looks any better than Humphreys or Boyle really.

Thecat23
28-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Think that was thr best deal for him, probably too late for an effective return to Hibs.

Could be right. If he hit a dry run the fans wouldn't be so forgiving I don't think.

JimBHibees
29-04-2017, 07:23 AM

I thought he looked good also. Thomson took a dislike to him though as was fouled a number of times and got nothing.

IanM
29-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Hoping to sit down with Efe next week

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-looking-into-keeping-efe-ambrose-at-hibs-1-4432477

Unseen work
29-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Would like to see us go for Michael Ohalloran at Rangers

ekhibee
29-04-2017, 08:24 AM
Would like to see us go for Michael Ohalloran at Rangers
Agreed, good player.

Big L
29-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Stevie May just scored for Preston, don't think he's been getting a game. Love to see him at ER think the sheep are chasing him.

CallumLaidlaw
29-04-2017, 02:46 PM
Stevie May just scored for Preston, don't think he's been getting a game. Love to see him at ER think the sheep are chasing him.

First start in months today. Think it's due to injury tho

Ozyhibby
29-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Mallan got 3 and an assist today.

neil7908
29-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Mallan got 3 and an assist today.

Would love to have him at Easter Road

Dibben
29-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Would love to have him at Easter Road

If it looks like McGinn is leaving then he should be top of the list as his replacement. Even if McGinn doesn't go - I'd like to see him be a target for us!!

weecounty hibby
29-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Watching the Dundee Utd v Dumbarton game and anyone who seriously wants to sign Simon Murray needs to watch this game. He is torture

Ozyhibby
29-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Watching the Dundee Utd v Dumbarton game and anyone who seriously wants to sign Simon Murray needs to watch this game. He is torture

I don't rate him at all and I'm not sure what others see in him. I'm glad we didn't get him last summer.

Billy Whizz
29-04-2017, 08:53 PM
How did Stanton play

Big L
29-04-2017, 08:59 PM
I don't rate him at all and I'm not sure what others see in him. I'm glad we didn't get him last summer.

I like him, pacey, scores goals. I would rather have Andreu though.

Big L
29-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Has anyone heard if SDG is signing his new deal? I heard their might be another club interested.

weecounty hibby
29-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Has anyone heard if SDG is signing his new deal? I heard their might be another club interested.

Jambos I've spoken to tell me he is a cert to sign for them. They are of course deluded twats though.

Big L
29-04-2017, 11:49 PM
That's what I heard, apparently it's the talk of the Hibs dresing room. I think they might also try for Fyvie!

Heisenberg
29-04-2017, 11:53 PM
Does anyone seriously think Gray would sign for them? There's not a chance Hibs would let it come to that either. Everyone at the club knows what he means to the fans etc. Sounds like a pish rumour started by some extremely bitter Jambos.

Pete
30-04-2017, 12:07 AM
That's what I heard, apparently it's the talk of the Hibs dresing room. I think they might also try for Fyvie!

:panic:

Aye Ok then. :hilarious

Big L
30-04-2017, 12:38 AM
:panic:

Aye Ok then. :hilarious 😉 weel seee!!

MWHIBBIES
30-04-2017, 12:47 AM
Well Forster was captain instead of Gray today...

Never in a million years is it happening, those fuds can keep dreaming

21sMay
30-04-2017, 12:56 AM
Heard today that Celtic are interested in John mginn but supposedly they have been told we wont sell him and HAVE offered him a new deal . Unsure if it's great info but the guy who told me doesn't normally share any information on Scottish football

Del Boy
30-04-2017, 07:49 AM
How did Stanton play

Played quite well. Heard he may actually be joining Dundee Utd in the summer!

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-05-2017, 10:42 AM
HFC Transfer News reporting we are interested in Charlie Mulgrew after Blackburn getting relegated.

Would be happy with this signing. Versatile and has big game experience. Played well lately for Scotland too.

Seen that the sheep are linked with Shaun Maloney too - thoughts on him? depending on where Swanson plays might be what we're after? If they play the same area then forget it

Unseen work
09-05-2017, 10:50 AM
HFC Transfer News reporting we are interested in Charlie Mulgrew after Blackburn getting relegated.

Would be happy with this signing. Versatile and has big game experience. Played well lately for Scotland too.

Seen that the sheep are linked with Shaun Maloney too - thoughts on him? depending on where Swanson plays might be what we're after? If they play the same area then forget it

Would be a good signing imo, experienced player who has been there and won numerous awards and competitions

Cant help but think it's lazy journalism and we're getting linked with every ex Celtic player.

Cant wait to sign him, Dobbie, Whittikar and Commins and have an average squad age of 34 :greengrin

yerauldda
09-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Maloney off to Aberdeen, great bit of business by them and an improvement on McGinn.

Unseen work
09-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Does the hibs transfer news twitter page have any credibility?

Is it someone in the know or some random guessing and stealing other people's rumours?

CapitalGreen
09-05-2017, 11:14 AM
Does the hibs transfer news twitter page have any credibility?

Is it someone in the know or some random guessing and stealing other people's rumours?

Option B

CMurdoch
09-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Berra leaving Ipswich. Agreed not to enforce extension clause to allow Berra to return to Scotland to be near his daughter
Going to the The Wee Rangers or The Rangers?

Iain G
09-05-2017, 11:18 AM

Rather we signed Ambrose :agree:

eastmainsmsh
09-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Four signings big ones

Callum_62
09-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Four signings big ones

Mallans too wee!

Unseen work
09-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Four signings big ones

Care to elaborate? :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
09-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Four signings big ones

Oh come on...

SouthMoroccoStu
09-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Four signings big ones

Insider knowledge EastMainish?

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Four signings big ones

New contract for Graham
Rob Jones
The return of Owain Tudor Jones
And Cristian Nade

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Maloney would be a great signing for Aberdeen. Id be disappointed if he went there without us showing an interest

Dr_Regal
09-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Lucas Joao from Sheff Wed, he was on loan at Blackburn last year. Good player, big skillful fella, would be good foil with JC upfront. Very good in the air.

I would take Ambrose and Mulgrew as well.

SRHibs
09-05-2017, 05:06 PM
New contract for Graham
Rob Jones
The return of Owain Tudor Jones
And Cristian Nade

Conrad Logan too.

bingo70
09-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Lucas Joao from Sheff Wed, he was on loan at Blackburn last year. Good player, big skillful fella, would be good foil with JC upfront. Very good in the air.

Is that a rumour or just someone you'd like us to sign?

keep the faith
09-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Four signings big ones

These four?

Ambrose
Allan
Whittaker
Stokes

Aldo
09-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Lucas Joao from Sheff Wed, he was on loan at Blackburn last year. Good player, big skillful fella, would be good foil with JC upfront. Very good in the air. I would take Ambrose and Mulgrew as well.

Signing those 3 would be massive IMHO!

Not sure anyone out with the OF would sign this quality of player!

Mind you its just speculation!

At least it's quality we are rumoured (or wishing) to be after and not dozens of dross

Unseen work
09-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Signing those 3 would be massive IMHO!

Not sure anyone out with the OF would sign this quality of player!

Mind you its just speculation!

At least it's quality we are rumoured (or wishing) to be after and not dozens of dross

Absolutley no chance will we sign Lucas Joao, none at all.

makaveli1875
09-05-2017, 06:52 PM
heard tony watt , not from a reliable source so most likely a load of *****

Aldo
09-05-2017, 06:59 PM

Not say we will unseen but I can wish!! 😁

Elephant Stone
09-05-2017, 07:02 PM

Don't know much about him but it looks like he's done pretty much nothing with his career and he's said he doesn't want to play in Scotland again so hopefully this doesn't happen.

Aldo
09-05-2017, 07:06 PM

Hope no!

Leith Green
09-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Was told that when swanson signed for us , he was told that we would be looking to add 4 or 5 of a similar quality ... pretty relaxed and confident that we will be bringing real quality 1st team players in this year

Craigmount Hibs
09-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Agreed. He'll have plenty bigger money options in England.

Zazu62
09-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Bring back Malonga

Malonga
Doolan
Stokes

IGRIGI
09-05-2017, 07:34 PM
If Malonga's wife was home sick in Edinburgh they won't know what's hit them if they go off to Eiberdeen

BoomtownHibees
09-05-2017, 07:59 PM
If Malonga's wife was home sick in Edinburgh they won't know what's hit them if they go off to Eiberdeen

Are you getting mixed up with your Malonga's and Maloney's??

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2017, 08:01 PM
according to a poster on a dundee utd forum simon murray is signing for Hibernian

well, Hibernians of Malta to be precise, that would be quite a strange one surely, done deal apparently which means it must be true :)

SanFranHibs
09-05-2017, 08:02 PM

Someone's talking a lot of Balonga. :wink:

SteveHFC
09-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Four signings big ones

Griffiths for £150k
Showunmi
Reyes
Cryuff

:hyper

BoomtownHibees
09-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Showunmi

:hyper

Which one?

Unseen work
09-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Blair Spittal out of contract at United in the summer...

Green Reaper
09-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Which one?

The Brother

MagicSwirlingShip
09-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Top of the list should be Liam Henderson in my opinion

Jag7
09-05-2017, 08:38 PM

Agree 👍

Keyser Sauzee
09-05-2017, 08:43 PM

And..............

Very average player who won't get a game or improve the squad at all next season.

Dibben
09-05-2017, 08:49 PM

Yip!! Agree 100%

Big L
09-05-2017, 08:53 PM
This has to be the best pre season position we've been in for a very very long time and I''m loving it! We've got a decent squad and we could be adding 3 or 4 quality players to help us make an impact next season. GGTTH!

Greencore
09-05-2017, 09:07 PM
I would like us go for Stefan Scougall.

keep the faith
09-05-2017, 10:37 PM
I would like us go for Stefan Scougall.

Just looked at his Twitter. Right blue nose.

Ray_
10-05-2017, 05:10 AM
Just looked at his Twitter. Right blue nose.

So was Ivan Sproule!

SouthMoroccoStu
10-05-2017, 08:57 AM
So was Ivan Sproule!

And we fixed him!

SouthMoroccoStu
10-05-2017, 08:59 AM

In all fairness to IGRIGI, they look very similar - they could be twins, only their mother can tell them apart

eastmainsmsh
10-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Insider knowledge EastMainish?

Lol sms planted walkie talkie in the bushes at eastmains heard this

Shrekko
10-05-2017, 09:15 AM
So was Ivan Sproule!

...and if I was betting on it I'd say a quick look at young Fraser Murray's twitter would reveal he is very much of the bluenose persuasion going by some of the stuff on his feed.

It's just one of those things- we can't really exclude possible signings for supporting Rangers seeing as half the country does!

CapitalGreen
10-05-2017, 09:26 AM

For good reason, he is pish.

worcesterhibby
10-05-2017, 09:28 AM

Please not Mulgrew, he does my heed in

hibs#1
10-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Please not Mulgrew, he does my heed in

Great left peg from set pieces.also very versatile can play midfield left back and centre mid.

Saint Hibee
10-05-2017, 10:19 AM

Does he deliver?

JohnMcM
10-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Does he deliver?

You may go straight to the front of the class for that very funny delivery:top marks

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-05-2017, 10:47 AM
According to this morning's papers, Efe's agent appears to be offering his client to anybody that will listen. Brighton and Nice interested, apparently!

Probably rules out that one then but I'm more than comfortable with Daz, Hanlon and hopefully Fonts will sign a contract extension. Think we need one more CB though with a youngster also stepping up hopefully

Vault Boy
10-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Hibs and Hearts (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-hibs-weigh-up-move-for-marc-mcnulty-1-4441852) looking at McNulty according to EEN.

Diclonius
10-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Hibs and Hearts (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-hibs-weigh-up-move-for-marc-mcnulty-1-4441852) looking at McNulty according to EEN.

Decent player, young too. Surely given Hearts diverting most of their funds to the stand, if we're seriously interested there should only be one winner.

G B Young
10-05-2017, 12:08 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-hibs-weigh-up-move-for-marc-mcnulty-1-4441852

I'd treat this one with a bit of caution given that it's written by Barry Anderson. Could be Hearts are already close to signing the guy and Hibs' interest is little more than speculation, but that Barry's laying the groundwork to announce that Hearts have 'beaten' Hibs to his signing.

Then again, maybe I'm just reading to much into this. However, the fact Hibs previously released McNulty makes me a little sceptical we'd sign him again.

JIm
10-05-2017, 12:13 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-hibs-weigh-up-move-for-marc-mcnulty-1-4441852

I'd treat this one with a bit of caution given that it's written by Barry Anderson. Could be Hearts are already close to signing the guy and Hibs' interest is little more than speculation, but that Barry's laying the groundwork to announce that Hearts have 'beaten' Hibs to his signing.

Then again, maybe I'm just reading to much into this. However, the fact Hibs previously released McNulty makes me a little sceptical we'd sign him again.

We once released sparky too........

G B Young
10-05-2017, 12:19 PM
We once released sparky too........

I wasn't aware of that. As I recall he grew up a Hibs fan but started his career with Livingston, but happy to stand corrected.

I take your point though that players released at a young age might be worth another punt if they go on to prove themselves elsewhere.

Marco G
10-05-2017, 12:34 PM
I wasn't aware of that. As I recall he grew up a Hibs fan but started his career with Livingston, but happy to stand corrected.

I take your point though that players released at a young age might be worth another punt if they go on to prove themselves elsewhere.
Sparky was never on our books. Only on loan.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Marco G
10-05-2017, 12:37 PM

It sounds more like a PR handed to All is Barry by McNulty's agent!

Michael
10-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Sparky was never on our books. Only on loan.

Pretty sure he was, but was very young.

TelaStella
10-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Daft if we don't have a look at McNulty given he's free, although us and hertz aren't going to be the only ones, interesting to see who pulls it off.

nellio
10-05-2017, 12:57 PM

At Livi and Dundee before Wolves wasn't he?

Pedantic_Hibee
10-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Daft if we don't have a look at McNulty given he's free, although us and hertz aren't going to be the only ones, interesting to see who pulls it off.

Pervert.

TelaStella
10-05-2017, 01:01 PM
Pervert.

Patter.

007 Mickey Weir
10-05-2017, 01:20 PM
At Livi and Dundee before Wolves wasn't he?

Released by Hibs aged 14

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-stars-born-on-fields-of-capital-1-1895571/amp

1van Sprou7e
10-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Released by Hibs aged 14

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-stars-born-on-fields-of-capital-1-1895571/amp

Better link

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-stars-born-on-fields-of-capital-1-1895571

pacoluna
10-05-2017, 01:36 PM

He played for leith Athletic, Falkirk, Inch colts and hutchie before going pro with Livi, He never played for Hibs at youth level.

pacoluna
10-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Better link

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-stars-born-on-fields-of-capital-1-1895571

thats wrong he never played for hibs at youth Level, he played for falkirk before going to inch.

Marco G
10-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Sorry, but he was never signed on Hibs books.

Getting back to McNulty..... think it sounds like a bit of advertising that he is free. Maybe Hearts will go for him, but think that Hibs now keep cards close to chest when it comes to signing targets.

Brightside
10-05-2017, 01:41 PM
For good reason, he is pish.

He's far from it...

Mcpakeisgod
10-05-2017, 01:42 PM
He played for leith Athletic, Falkirk, Inch colts and hutchie before going pro with Livi, He never played for Hibs at youth level.

Don't think he played for the colts mate, his brother did in the year below, but can't ever remember playing for Paul's team (90's)

Keyser Sauzee
10-05-2017, 01:46 PM
He's far from it...

Are u talking about Spittal?? If so It could be just as easily argued he's far from being good, a very average player that should not be in a Hibs top

Marco G
10-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Sorry, looks like I was wrong, saw later post saying Griffiths was at Hibs from 12 to 14. Never knew that (obviously!).

Deansy
10-05-2017, 01:57 PM

Hmmm -article's by 'All-is', laddie's from Edinburgh but doesn't say if he supported either Hibs or them - good chance he's a Hibeee !. If he supported 'Charity Thieves FC' , 'All-is' wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to write (via a huge headline) that we'd be wasting our time as he'd more than likely be joining -

(A) His boy-hood heroes

or

(B) the club he's supported since he was a boy !

Just like the 'paper' he represents, 'All-is' is famous for his neutral and un-biased 'writing' and doesn't favour either of the Edinburgh clubs .................. :faf:

pacoluna
10-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Sorry, looks like I was wrong, saw later post saying Griffiths was at Hibs from 12 to 14. Never knew that (obviously!).

your not that articles timeline is wrong . He certainly never played for hibs at youth level.

Billychaotic182
10-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Hmmm -article's by 'All-is', laddie's from Edinburgh but doesn't say if he supported either Hibs or them - good chance he's a Hibeee !. If he supported 'Charity Thieves FC' , 'All-is' wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to write (via a huge headline) that we'd be wasting our time as he'd more than likely be joining -

(A) His boy-hood heroes

or

Just like the 'paper' he represents, 'All-is' is famous for his neutral and un-biased 'writing' and doesn't favour either of the Edinburgh clubs .................. :faf:

He's a big Celtic fan

pacoluna
10-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Don't think he played for the colts mate, his brother did in the year below, but can't ever remember playing for Paul's team (90's)
He played for them in 2004.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Sunderland are planning a £2m bid for Cummings according to the ******. Bit naughty from Moyes, could probably slap another million on that given the price these teams pay for players.

hibs#1
10-05-2017, 02:44 PM
Sunderland are planning a £2m bid for Cummings according to the ******. Bit naughty from Moyes, could probably slap another million on that given the price these teams pay for players.

Probably will be willing to pay more but most teams will start bidding lower and chance their arm.could back fire on them if other interested parties come in on the back of lower bid.

If we are selling Cummings the English Championship Is probably the most likely destination for him and I would try get as teams as possible bidding and Try and push the price up as high as possible say 4/5 million.

bingo70
10-05-2017, 02:46 PM

I think that's where he'll end up.

J-C
10-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Probably will be willing to pay more but most teams will start bidding lower and chance their arm.could back fire on them if other interested parties come in on the back of lower bid.

If we are selling Cummings the English Championship Is probably the most likely destination for him and I would try get as teams as possible bidding and Try and push the price up as high as possible say 4/5 million.

£2m is a decent starting price, if there's any truth it'll go up to 2.5-2.75m. I never expected JC to stay forever, it's the way of football, the main thing is we aren't short changed when it happens.

Diclonius
10-05-2017, 02:51 PM
£3 million minimum and only when we have a proven replacement lined up.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2017, 02:51 PM

it's still 300k more than what peterborough offered though, and 2m wil be the opening offer :greengrin

CapitalGreen
10-05-2017, 02:57 PM
He's far from it...

22 later this year and can't hold down a place in a poor poor Dundee United team in the Championship. 0 goals in 17 appearances when he did play.

Unseen work
10-05-2017, 03:04 PM
22 later this year and can't hold down a place in a poor poor Dundee United team in the Championship. 0 goals in 17 appearances when he did play.

He has actually scored 3 in 33 appearances this season despite being injured for a while too.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of an argument.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2017, 03:05 PM
billy king has signed a 2 year deal for the Arabs

Kato
10-05-2017, 03:25 PM

(A) His boy-hood heroes

or

Their front page today is a disgrace - I can't remember there being a picture of Ian Black in a Hearts strip on there when it was publicised he was under investigation for betting when playing for The Rangers.

Earlydelivery
10-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Ones a Hun the other is Celtic , both Edinburgh laddies , couldn't make it up .

CapitalGreen
10-05-2017, 03:31 PM
He has actually scored 3 in 33 appearances this season despite being injured for a while too.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of an argument.

3 in 33 is awful. If we are taking any players from this division they should be standouts in their teams (eg Mallan).

Here's some opinions from some United fans.

"Seems like a lot of people who don't actually watch Blair Spittal play are commenting on what a good player he is. 95% anonymous."

"Agreed. Couple of goals and everyone gets excited. Not good enough."

"Generally that is true, last night he was showing for the ball and making decisive choices. Confidence a huge part of his game IMO."

"The big question is did he hit a United shirt with a cross/corner/set piece? It'd be the first time this season"

"Agree 100%"

https://twitter.com/SGMilne/status/862273810124472320

hibs#1
10-05-2017, 03:39 PM
£2m is a decent starting price, if there's any truth it'll go up to 2.5-2.75m. I never expected JC to stay forever, it's the way of football, the main thing is we aren't short changed when it happens.

Don't get me wrong your numbers are about right for his valuation.just making the point if there are few English teams in for him we should try and push the price up as high as possible to the point of ripping of said English teams.even the English lower leagues the money floating about is crazy.

Personally I'd like him to stay at least 1 more year.

JimBHibees
10-05-2017, 03:59 PM
3 in 33 is awful. If we are taking any players from this division they should be standouts in their teams (eg Mallan).

Here's some opinions from some United fans.

Hear what you are saying though he definitely has something IMO and think he could definitely develop in a more positive environment IMO.

BSEJVT
10-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Hear what you are saying though he definitely has something IMO and think he could definitely develop in a more positive environment IMO.

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree, if the rumours are to be believed we are letting Alex Harris go whom many have said the same of.

I would much rather see us letting some of our development players progress than taking a chance on someone on the face of it little better.

JimBHibees
10-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Whilst I don't necessarily disagree, if the rumours are to be believed we are letting Alex Harris go whom many have said the same of.

I would much rather see us letting some of our development players progress than taking a chance on someone on the face of it little better.

If given the choice would choose Spittal IMO thats not to say would necessarily go for him.

IanM
10-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Lennon battling with Aberdeen for Sean Maloney

Unseen work
10-05-2017, 09:22 PM

Was only a matter of time before we were linked with him.

34 years old.

We are going to have an average age of about 35 by the time the season starts if you believe the rumours.

Everyone we are getting linked with so far seems very obvious choices, nothing random which makes me think its guesswork.

Gmack7
10-05-2017, 09:23 PM

Says?

calumhibee1
10-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Says?

The sun. Would be a good signing imo.

BH Hibs
10-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Don't get me wrong your numbers are about right for his valuation.just making the point if there are few English teams in for him we should try and push the price up as high as possible to the point of ripping of said English teams.even the English lower leagues the money floating about is crazy.

Personally I'd like him to stay at least 1 more year.

Reports in the English press that Lukaku valued at £85m. That's just too far.

macca70
10-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Sean Maloney, I'd take him

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Sean Maloney, I'd take him

Ditto

Mainstandman
10-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Possibly Mulgrew I hear

cmcd
10-05-2017, 10:24 PM
£3 million minimum and only when we have a proven replacement lined up.

Hav ha ha ha

Diclonius
10-05-2017, 10:27 PM
We're competing with Aberdeen for Shaun Maloney.

Captain Trips
10-05-2017, 10:35 PM

£5m minimum if Moyes is seeing him as a player to get them promoted then thats the least he should cost them. Can argue the toss all day but if JC is a bit part player ok but if he plays a lot of games then perhaps thats how a fee should be sorted.

I will be pretty pissed if Sunderland etc are paying £2/3m for a striker to promote them to the richest league.

jonny
10-05-2017, 10:38 PM
We're competing with Aberdeen for Shaun Maloney.

If this is the calibre of player that we're going to be bringing in then there's every chance we'll be fighting for 2nd/3rd. Even though Maloney is probably past his best he is undoubtedly still a class act. He'd be a fantastic signing - in my opinion of course.
Stokes, Ambrose, Maloney, Henderson, Commons... I couldn't care less about their Celtic connections, they're all very good players that will considerably improve our squad.
This is shaping up to be an exciting pre-season.

keep the faith
10-05-2017, 10:52 PM
If this is the calibre of player that we're going to be bringing in then there's every chance we'll be fighting for 2nd/3rd. Even though Maloney is probably past his best he is undoubtedly still a class act. He'd be a fantastic signing - in my opinion of course.
Stokes, Ambrose, Maloney, Henderson, Commons... I couldn't care less about their Celtic connections, they're all very good players that will considerably improve our squad.
This is shaping up to be an exciting pre-season.

I wouldn't be keen on both Maloney and Commons. That would be a large chunk of our wage bill on decent but past their best players. Need to think of the longer term too.

davhibby
11-05-2017, 12:27 AM
I see the record are saying Brighton and Nice are interested in Efe, now that would be a real statement if we could get him to turn down Champions League football to stay

Vault Boy
11-05-2017, 12:34 AM
Would be completely delighted if we managed to nab Maloney. A class player at his best and is still almost definitely a step above the top league in Scotland.

BSEJVT
11-05-2017, 05:11 AM
Whoever they have played for before doesn't worry me a jot.

I would though be really concerned if the players we are going to end up signing were all of the age of those we are being linked with.

Thankfully I don't believe that will be the case and I think its just lazy journalists, trying to fill pages at this time of the season.

There is plenty experience in the side and we have seen often enough how signing guys at the end of their careers has worked out.

One or two maybe , but absolutely no more.

Winston Ingram
11-05-2017, 05:54 AM

Can't see that at all. Lennon barely played him and bombed him out of Celtic

Winston Ingram
11-05-2017, 05:57 AM
£5m minimum if Moyes is seeing him as a player to get them promoted then thats the least he should cost them. Can argue the toss all day but if JC is a bit part player ok but if he plays a lot of games then perhaps thats how a fee should be sorted.

I will be pretty pissed if Sunderland etc are paying £2/3m for a striker to promote them to the richest league.

£2m-£3m is huge money for Cummings.

His goals have pretty much all came in the Scottish Championship against part-timers and journeyman. On top of that, his all round game is nowhere near ready for the English Championship.

Springbank
11-05-2017, 06:29 AM

His goals have pretty much all came in the Scottish Championship against part-timers and journeyman. On top of that, his all round game is nowhere near ready for the English Championship.

Can't agree with this.
We have turned down 1.7m with barely a seconds pause to even consider it.
The way you'd dismiss a "half price" offer.

Springbank
11-05-2017, 06:33 AM

Oh and to put you straight on opponents, we haven't played v celtic (so no goals there obvs) but Jason has scored in every round vs the current 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th placed teams in the prem

V dons,at ER
V Rangers home and away
V St Johnstone at tynecastle in a semi final
V hearts anytime anywhere any place

And he hit the winning pressure penalty in the Scottish Cup semi shoot out, all as part of 3 seasons on the bounce notching 20+ goals.

That's way better than fletcher Riordan O'connor at same stages

H18 SFR
11-05-2017, 07:19 AM
I see the record are saying Brighton and Nice are interested in Efe, now that would be a real statement if we could get him to turn down Champions League football to stay

We have a realistic chance of getting him because he is one year away from a British passport and because he does not meet the work permit criteria for English football.

The best we might get him on is a on year contract though.

Winston Ingram
11-05-2017, 07:27 AM
Can't agree with this.

We turned down a fee 'rising to £1.7m' with a load of add ons. I don't think Cummings fancied the move either.

If they offered us a straight £1.7m i'm not so sure we would have given the same answer.

On top of that there is no way scoring consistently scoring 20 goals against part-timers and journeyman makes you worth £5m.

If we got offered £2m for Cummings, he'd be off. £2m for anyone who's career has been spent almost entirely in the Scottish Championship, is an incredible offer.

Baw187
11-05-2017, 07:32 AM
I'm not sure what people's hang up is with bringing in guys like Maloney at 34. Just look at Kenny Miller!

Maloney is a good experienced pro and would be a great addition to our squad. Having that kind of experience (and guys like Mulgrew if we could get him) is massive for the young guys that we will hopefully try to bleed in to the squad.

You need the blend of experience if you want to compete in the SPL and these guys have the quality to compete at this level.

I'd bite your hand off for Maloney and Mulgrew is we could realistically land them.

Craig_in_Prague
11-05-2017, 07:39 AM
Football is very much about the short-term as well as long-term planning at a club.
i.e. a player at 34 who will do a very good job for 2 years, to me is just as fine as a young player who may do a decent job for 2 years and "might" earn the club some decent money.
quality players on the park, will see the club successful, maintain big crowds and bring a lot of money to the club as well.

I would be delighted if Lennon gets the likes of Commons or Maloney, if there are good enough young players the club, they'll get brought through and get their chance as well.
In the meantime, Lennon wants Hibs up their fighting for 2nd - 4th place, if he doesn't sign players to do that and we're a 8th placed team - he'd get hounded out.

The club needs to aim to produce its own, but it's also the remit of the manager to do a good job here and now.

GGTTH

GreenCastle
11-05-2017, 07:40 AM
Oh and to put you straight on opponents, we haven't played v celtic (so no goals there obvs) but Jason has scored in every round vs the current 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th placed teams in the prem

V dons,at ER
V Rangers home and away

And he hit the winning pressure penalty in the Scottish Cup semi shoot out, all as part of 3 seasons on the bounce notching 20+ goals.

Good post.

Jason loves scoring against the yams and for that alone I would try make sure we keep him!!!

Winston Ingram
11-05-2017, 07:45 AM

V dons,at ER
V Rangers home and away

Your speaking as if these teams are top class. The only goals from open play against SPL teams have come against Hearts and Aberdeen.

Stevie May could piss all over that record and he went for £850k.

I rate Cummings but lets calm down a bit here.

matty_f
11-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Your speaking as if these teams are top class. The only goals from open play against SPL teams have come against Hearts and Aberdeen.

I get your point and don't necessarily disagree however did Stevie May have as long left on his contract? Also, St Johnstone won't get the same fee as Hibs for the same player, in the same way that Celtc would get more than Hibs, so it's a flawed analogy.

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 07:53 AM
I get your point and don't necessarily disagree however did Stevie May have as long left on his contract? Also, St Johnstone won't get the same fee as Hibs for the same player, in the same way that Celtc would get more than Hibs, so it's a flawed analogy.

May didnt have much left on his contract he left in August 14 and his contract with Saints was to May 15 so no doubt affected the money he went for.

Ken
11-05-2017, 07:58 AM
I don't care who Cummings scores his goals against...the fact is he scores goals and his game is improving every season.

How long did May have left on his contract though? In this day and age a young player like Cummings with a lengthy contract should be able to attract £2m from a top English Championship side (assuming they want him).

Unseen work
11-05-2017, 08:14 AM
Heard that hibs and The Rangers are after Lee Erwin from Leeds.

Lee is a Rangers fan however unsure how that would pan out after his play off final game/interview against them.

Not worked out for him at Leeds however has done well on loan at Oldham.

WeeRussell
11-05-2017, 08:18 AM

I suspect you've an over inflated opinion of the English championship.

Captain Trips
11-05-2017, 08:23 AM

V dons,at ER
V Rangers home and away

JC can only score against the teams he plays against. The above 3 all scored regularly against better teams that does not mean better players. JC has been playing below where he can as are several others.

I think JC is a better striker than SF that is my opinion. Anyone getting him for £2m should be wearing a mask.

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 08:24 AM
I don't care who Cummings scores his goals against...the fact is he scores goals and his game is improving every season.

How long did May have left on his contract though? In this day and age a young player like Cummings with a lengthy contract should be able to attract £2m from a top English Championship side (assuming they want him).

May had about 10 months left on his contract so no comparison with Jason.

Time For Heroes
11-05-2017, 08:33 AM

😂😂😂 Slap and Moyes in the same sentence, nobody else pick up on that?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Can't agree with this.

But our circumstances have changed.

We needed to get promoted, and cummings goals were important to that.

Now, we may think we can get that money, replace him for less and be quids in.

Craig_in_Prague
11-05-2017, 08:38 AM
But our circumstances have changed.

We needed to get promoted, and cummings goals were important to that.

Now, we may think we can get that money, replace him for less and be like Dundee UTD .

fixed that for you.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-05-2017, 08:41 AM
fixed that for you.

Yeah bit they didnt reinvest.

How do teams like southampton, atletico madrid (different level, obviously), even st johnstone, falkirk, celtic even all manage it?

Does nobody ever sell players?

Im not saying we should, but its an option.

Look what selling kenny miller allowed McLeish to bring in in 2000.

Cummings is far from irreplaceable.

Craig_in_Prague
11-05-2017, 08:45 AM
Yeah bit they didnt reinvest.

How do teams like southampton, atletico madrid (different level, obviously), even st johnstone, falkirk, celtic even all manage it?

Does nobody ever sell players?

Im not saying we should, but its an option.

Look what selling kenny miller allowed McLeish to bring in in 2000.

Cummings is far from irreplaceable.

see your points, no worries.

Lennon has operated down south though; and he may see his main striker going back into top league as a priority to remain at the club.
Of course everyone has their price, but if anything his price is on the rise and we could only increase it by seeing him bang in goals next season.
We don't "need" to sell, so why accept these low ball offers, coz IMO that's what they are - and Lennon knows it.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-05-2017, 09:01 AM
see your points, no worries.

Lennon has operated down south though; and he may see his main striker going back into top league as a priority to remain at the club.
Of course everyone has their price, but if anything his price is on the rise and we could only increase it by seeing him bang in goals next season.
We don't "need" to sell, so why accept these low ball offers, coz IMO that's what they are - and Lennon knows it.

Agree, its a decision im happy that the club makes, having all the info and options.

Whoch is itself a good sign, that we fans trust our board again, to make the right decisions. Long may that continue.

Sergio sledge
11-05-2017, 09:20 AM

I think £3m is probably too much for Cummings, but Stevie May had 1 excellent season in the premiership, the rest of his goals came at a lower level whilst on loan. I think their records are broadly comparable, its a bit harsh to say May could "piss all over" Cummings scoring record.

When sold by St Johnstone, May had a total of 74 goals in 128 games. 67 league goals in 117 league games with 25 of those in Div 1 (Championship) and 19 in Div 3 (league 2). He made his debut at 17 and in his first full season (at 18), scored 2 goals in 19 games in the premiership. He also scored 1 goal in 7 games for Scotland U21's. He was just under 23 when sold.

Cummings has a total of 71 goals in 148 games for Hibs. 57 league goals in 114 league games all coming in the championship (2 were in the premiership playoff v Hamilton but we'll call them championship matches). He made his debut at 18 and in his first full season (at 18) he scored 2 goals in 16 premiership matches and 2 playoff matches. He has scored 3 goals in 8 matches for Scotland U21's. He is just under 22 at the minute.

So Cummings is nearly a year younger than May was when he was sold, has scored almost the same number of total goals as May did before he was sold (1 short if you include Scotland goals) and has 2 more years left on his contract than May did when he was sold.

brog
11-05-2017, 09:31 AM

I suspect I see a lot more games in the English Championship than you do. (If Palace don't get the finger out I could be seeing a lot more!) It is IMO the most overrated league full of vastly overrated players who have been transferred for ludicrous sums. ( Ross McCormack is a prime example ). The biggest challenge to JC could be the sheer physicality but he's getting stronger & more streetwise all the time. He also has that precious commodity of being a natural goalscorer. For that reason alone some championship club will take a chance on him & we'll get a minimum of £2m for him. The championship now is full of big clubs, Villa, Sunderland, Leeds, Boro, B'ham etc etc to whom £2m is chump change. Whether Jason succeeds or not only time will tell, that's pretty much irrelevant for now, the club will be buying his potential.

Unseen work
11-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Someone on twitter saying we have signed American Striker 'Durant Dhyved'.

he even posted a photo of said player playing....

The player in the photo is actually Joao Moreira who is Portuguese and plays for Auckland Fc

CapitalGreen
11-05-2017, 10:36 AM

The player in the photo is actually Joao Moreira who is Portuguese and plays for Auckland Fc

Durrant Dived - not sure why a Hibs fan is tweeting pish Aberdeen "banter"

Salt N Sauzee
11-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Dundee United after Liam Fontaine apparently.

CMurdoch
11-05-2017, 11:25 AM
We have a realistic chance of getting him because he is one year away from a British passport and because he does not meet the work permit criteria for English football.

The best we might get him on is a on year contract though.

Good post if accurate.
It would be brilliant to get him for even one season.

CMurdoch
11-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Heard that hibs and The Rangers are after Lee Erwin from Leeds.

Lee is a Rangers fan however unsure how that would pan out after his play off final game/interview against them.

Not worked out for him at Leeds however has done well on loan at Oldham.

Lee Erwin would be a good signing for Hibs.
Another young guy who left Scotland too early.

madhatter
11-05-2017, 12:21 PM

Anything in the Joao Moreira side of this? Has a decent goal scoring rate but I have to admit I know nothing of the standard of the footie there. Also older than I expected us to be looking at.

I assumed the whole rumour was a bit of a joke but just checking!