View Full Version : Summer Signings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Blaster
30-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Aye 😃

👍. We'll be fine mate keep the faith.

steakbake
30-06-2017, 02:16 PM
I know where you are coming from but Rocky was always going to be a signing we would get .. where is Cummings replacement ??

It's Cummings down the line. I don't see the need to panic just yet.

SMAXXA
30-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Another one for the Jambos ..

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-confirm-the-signing-of-right-back-michael-smith-1-4491340

Do you get the feeling we are dragging our heels Aberdeen and the Jambos signing new players .. while we seem to be watching from the sidelines . I would have taken any of the Aberdeen signings !!

And folk had the cheek to slate Lennon for signing players from Celtic he has worked with. That the last 2 players signed by them both from NI, coincidence or is it cause they are who McPhanny knows. Happens all over wonder if Hearts fans are concerned about their short sighted, lazy recruitment as I seen on here aimed at us.

We have been as active as them really just we done a few early and had a couple on loan, I'd rather we take our time and I will be confident to say we will have at least 2 new signings announced by next wkend.

ElginHibbie
30-06-2017, 02:21 PM
I know where you are coming from but Rocky was always going to be a signing we would get .. where is Cummings replacement ??

Where's Holts replacement? Where's Fyvie's replacement? Maybe we are interested in May? Maybe he's too much of a risk just now due to his injuries when we need someone reliable to fill the gap?

I don't know these answers but can be certain the club will be working hard on deals, but won't sign just anyone, pay over the odds or take risks for the sake of it.

SlickShoes
30-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Maybe going to Abredeen is a better proposition for players than going to newly promoted hibs?

If you didn't support hibs and Aberdeen were possibly paying you a bit more and still look likely to be the 2nd place team due to keeping their manager, it's really no a difficult thing to see why a player would rather go there.

H18 SFR
30-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Where's Holts replacement? Where's Fyvie's replacement? Maybe we are interested in May? Maybe he's too much of a risk just now due to his injuries when we need someone reliable to fill the gap?

I don't know these answers but can be certain the club will be working hard on deals, but won't sign just anyone, pay over the odds or take risks for the sake of it.

Jordan Forster away too, we need players badly.

Brightside
30-06-2017, 02:32 PM

Help ma boab.

J-C
30-06-2017, 02:33 PM

So Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose and Fontaine not enough for you, we'll probably be 4 at the back so plenty cover there. Jordan needs to get playing for the sake of his career.

ElginHibbie
30-06-2017, 02:33 PM

Not so concerned with that, with Efe I'd like think Porteous will get his chance from the bench. More worried if Hanlon is still going to be out a while

GloryGlory
30-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Not so concerned with that, with Efe I'd like think Porteous will get his chance from the bench. More worried if Hanlon is still going to be out a while

Porteous could be going on loan to Dumbarton.

GreenOnions
30-06-2017, 02:37 PM

I think that NL may well be considering Steven Whittaker for a deeper-lying midfield role. You wouldn't be trying to sign someone of Steven's ability and experience to sit on the bench and, equally, I don't imagine Lennon is considering replacing David Gray at right back.

If that is the case then Whittaker could be considered as a replacement for Fyvie - although a different type of player?

ElginHibbie
30-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Porteous could be going on loan to Dumbarton.

I had actually forgotten about Fonts when I wrote that so yeah a loan for him makes sense

Ardenttwo
30-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Help ma boab.

Think that leaves us with 10 players for start

Onceinawhile
30-06-2017, 03:22 PM

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-confirm-the-signing-of-right-back-michael-smith-1-4491340

Do you get the feeling we are dragging our heels Aberdeen and the Jambos signing new players .. while we seem to be watching from the sidelines . I would have taken any of the Aberdeen signings !!

Hearts have signed four players, so have we.

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Andrew Shinnie has signed for Luton Town

weecounty hibby
30-06-2017, 04:09 PM

I would have had him back. Thought he improved as the season went on

neil7908
30-06-2017, 05:55 PM

Just saw that and surprised he's not managed to get a club in a better league. Wasn't his biggest fan but did fairly well overall and he's definitely capable of handling English League 1 or SPL level.

SirDavidsNapper
30-06-2017, 06:12 PM
This is the worst close season for speculation and rumours I can remember. Keep telling myself to stay off the forum as it's becoming monotonous but then rope myself into coming back on in the hope someone knows of some transfer news or "done deals". Can't win.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2017, 06:16 PM

191 posts and you're stilling calling those ****s by their cuddly nickname?

Jag7
30-06-2017, 06:28 PM
191 posts and you're stilling calling those ****s by their cuddly nickname?

Some of us have class !!

Heisenberg
30-06-2017, 06:32 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1221343/hibs-pursuit-anthony-stokes-celtic-blackburn-rovers/amp/

Stepped up our pursuit of Stokes according to Kenny Millar.

HoboHarry
30-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Some of us have class !!
Aye right you are then. Demonstrating that by dishing out abuse on the Hooper thread - classy right enough.........:rolleyes:

fat freddy
30-06-2017, 06:33 PM
If that is the case then Whittaker could be considered as a replacement for Fyvie - although a different type of player?

Im hearing Jorge Claros is being lined up for the Fraser Fyvie role...we cant go a whole close season without a Jorge Claros rumour, in the absence of anyone else making it up I feel duty bound to do it. Steve Archibald from Barcelona too, at 5pm tomorrow, hes got a start behind the bar in the hibs club

Jag7
30-06-2017, 06:34 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1221343/hibs-pursuit-anthony-stokes-celtic-blackburn-rovers/amp/

Now that would put bums on seats !! 👍

Jag7
30-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Aye right you are then. Demonstrating that by dishing out abuse on the Hooper thread - classy right enough.........:rolleyes:

Only after I was subject to insults .. take off your narrow vision glasses

Iggy Pope
30-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Some of us have class !!

Jambo.

Borderhibbie76

That's promising news indeed...esp from Kenny Millar...here's hoping as this will get most of us buzzing I think ...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
Only after I was subject to insults .. take of your narrow vision glasses
Ah, that makes it alright then. Gotcha......

Starting to think that Hibs.net should only allow posters on here when they reach an age where they shave more than once a month.......

Jag7
Jambo.

Go dip your head in the toilet I have supported Hibs longer than you have been on the planet by your comments

Jag7
30-06-2017, 06:38 PM

Starting to think that Hibs.net should only allow posters on here when they reach an age where they shave more than once a month.......

Ha ha ***** ha and you are so so mature .. give it a break

Jag7
30-06-2017, 06:40 PM

You can't take criticism so don't throw stones when you live in a glass house !

Pedantic_Hibee

I'm 35 and I'm once every six months so get knotted with that suggestion you hirsute Yeti ****

Iggy Pope
Go dip your head in the toilet I have supported Hibs longer than you have been on the planet by your comments

Highly unlikely. And I've been to more Jambos games than you, clearly.

Jag7
30-06-2017, 06:41 PM
I'm 35 and I'm once every six months so get knotted with that suggestion you hirsute Yeti ****

😂😂😎👍

Jag7
30-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Highly unlikely. And I've been to more Jambos games than you, clearly.

So who's the Jambo then !!

For your info I have followed and supported Hibs for over 50 years .. have shares and donated a large sum to HSL .. so !

ian cruise
30-06-2017, 06:42 PM

Guys let's not have another transfer thread turn to beard gate, I'm not sure I can take that.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-06-2017, 06:43 PM
Guys let's not have another transfer thread turn to beard gate, I'm not sure I can take that.

I feel a song coming on....

Billy Whizz
30-06-2017, 06:43 PM

Am I still getting the blame for that?

Iggy Pope
30-06-2017, 06:45 PM
So who's the Jambo then !!

Must be me. Reckon I've seen them in the stink about 200 times all in, reserve games, youths the lot. What about you wee Jag7nil?

HoboHarry
30-06-2017, 06:45 PM
You can't take criticism so don't throw stones when you live in a glass house !
Why would I be worried about criticism on an anonymous forum? Anyway since it's Friday afternoon and I'm feeling magnanimous I'll help you out - I was making fun of you and if you were a little brighter you would have seen that. You're welcome.

Jag7
30-06-2017, 06:46 PM
Why would I be worried about criticism on an anonymous forum? Anyway since it's Friday afternoon and I'm feeling magnanimous I'll help you out - I was making fun of you and if you were a little brighter you would have seen that. You're welcome.

Your as bright as a 2 watt bulb

HoboHarry
30-06-2017, 06:46 PM
:greengrin :not worth

Jag7
30-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Must be me. Reckon I've seen them in the stink about 200 times all in, reserve games, youths the lot. What about you wee Jag7nil?

Seen them over 50 years at Easter rd .. went to the hovel once and would not go back .. is that enough for you !

Pete
30-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Reported.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Seen them over 50 years at Easter rd .. went to the hovel once and would not go back .. is that enough for you !

Yes.

Jag7
30-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Yes.

Good .. no need to insult each other

Iggy Pope
30-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Good .. no need to insult each other

No.

Aldo
30-06-2017, 06:55 PM

Think so!! It's that tone again BW!! 🙈😆😉

truehibernian
30-06-2017, 06:55 PM
......Ehhhhhhhhnyway............

Stokes :aok: v Lafferty :faf:

Next few days and into the week will have everyone in good cheer :aok::flag:

Lago
30-06-2017, 07:10 PM
......Ehhhhhhhhnyway............

Stokes :aok: v Lafferty :faf:

Next few days and into the week will have everyone in good cheer :aok::flag:
You keep saying that, maybe right sometime.

truehibernian
30-06-2017, 07:16 PM
You keep saying that, maybe right sometime.

I posted two days ago that we would have a young player, a player who needed games who we all know, and a versatile ex player - and rocky.....all within 7 days.

Rocky was announced next day.........

Patience............next week I predict 3 signings :aok:......couple more after that too :greengrin

Blaster
30-06-2017, 07:18 PM
I posted two days ago that we would have a young player, a player who needed games who we all know, and a versatile ex player - and rocky.....all within 7 days.

Patience............next week I predict 3 signings :aok:......couple more after that too :greengrin

Lewis Morgan
stokes
Whittaker
??

Heisenberg
30-06-2017, 07:22 PM

A young player? Give us a clue.

truehibernian
30-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Lewis Morgan
stokes
Whittaker
??

....Stokes was in the 'two after' :greengrin

I still think we will have two Celtic players in our ranks, one permanent, one loan.

Blaster
30-06-2017, 07:33 PM

I still think we will have two Celtic players in our ranks, one permanent, one loan.

Tease 😂

Speedway
30-06-2017, 07:35 PM

Commons permanent?

hibs#1
30-06-2017, 07:37 PM

Henderson and GMS?

AgentDaleCooper
30-06-2017, 07:39 PM

Why the hell wouldn't you just tell us who?

bill_reed
30-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Commons permanent?

Common's not training due to a bad back....

truehibernian
30-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Why the hell wouldn't you just tell us who?

I'm not being difficult mate, check recent posts - I think we are in for 3 players, however the perms revolve around SJM.

I think we want Henderson and Gary Mackay Stevens - and I also think we will move for Ciftci.

I think a lot of movement will involve SJM (sadly). And I still think there may be a chance we get 2 players and a loan back.

Loads of time in the window, but I'm perfectly chilled that Hibs are doing good business in the background. Hence I cannot understand why people got so het up about Lafferty this week. I was more surprised (and angry) that we had an interest in the huddy.#

I'll go for 3 players signing by Wednesday/Thursday next week :aok:

21sMay
30-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Henderson and Whittaker are the two. Alot more to be done with the Henderson deal though

dchibs
30-06-2017, 08:13 PM
A young player? Give us a clue.

Young player does that mean under 30.

GreenCastle
30-06-2017, 08:32 PM
I'm not being difficult mate, check recent posts - I think we are in for 3 players, however the perms revolve around SJM.

I think we want Henderson and Gary Mackay Stevens - and I also think we will move for Ciftci.

I think a lot of movement will involve SJM (sadly). And I still think there may be a chance we get 2 players and a loan back.

Loads of time in the window, but I'm perfectly chilled that Hibs are doing good business in the background. Hence I cannot understand why people got so het up about Lafferty this week. I was more surprised (and angry) that we had an interest in the huddy.#

Really hope we go for Cifti - think he would do a good job for us.

I was worried at the end of the season about SJM leaving and assumed once Cummings went that would be it..not surprised Celtic have shown interest and want him.

JimboHibs
30-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Let's not forget who we've already added Swanson,Ambrose & Marciano are possibly the 3 best signings of any team in the SPL so far this season.

truehibernian
30-06-2017, 08:53 PM
Really hope we go for Cifti - think he would do a good job for us.

I was worried at the end of the season about SJM leaving and assumed once Cummings went that would be it..not surprised Celtic have shown interest and want him.

Personally I'd take Ciftci in a heartbeat - always been impressed with him and he has attitude which you need up top.

If it were me - I'd go for Henderson and Ciftci. Couple of seasons ago my Celtic mate (shareholder) told me of the Allan saga (and deal). Same guy tells me that they do want SJM and 'may loan back'. GMS was the main Hibs target according to him.

I still think we need some midfield 'enforcer' cover and I keep mentioning the lad from Partick Thistle, Abdul Osman.......would love him in the team/squad. Every time I've seen him he's been impressive. I watched him boss four Hearts midfielders at Tynie and he was swotting them off like flies..........so I'd go for him too :agree:

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-06-2017, 09:06 PM

Minus the bit about SJM I really hope you're right mate.

Even the bed wetters might have a dry night if we got them all done

bingo70
30-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Ciftci just doesn't do it for me at all.

Of the Celtic players being mentioned I'd only really want Henderson although a name that's never mentioned is aiden Nisbett (no sure if that's the right spelling or not). Thought he was excellent for Morton when I saw him last season and think he was on loan from Celtic?

Pete70
30-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Hope we get the final few pieces of the jigsaw in soon. We can't afford players missing too much of pre season training. I'm not too fussed about the league cup but we need the new signings match fit for the first league game and hope to get off to a good start.

RossScott1991
30-06-2017, 09:24 PM
http://m.nottinghampost.com/jason-cummings-capture-defines-nottingham-forest-s-transfer-policy-says-boss-mark-warburton/story-30417815-detail/story.html

I see warburton confirmed today that it was nowhere near 1 million they paid for jason Cummings.....

Aldo
30-06-2017, 09:28 PM
http://m.nottinghampost.com/jason-cummings-capture-defines-nottingham-forest-s-transfer-policy-says-boss-mark-warburton/story-30417815-detail/story.html I see warburton confirmed today that it was nowhere near 1 million they paid for jason Cummings.....

If he said the sky was blue and the grass was green I'd still look!

RossScott1991
30-06-2017, 09:30 PM

Interesting though, the reaction to some in this forum when folk (myself included) were stating we only got 500k. Unless Warburton is completely lying to his own fans.

easty
30-06-2017, 09:30 PM

I wouldn't even bother looking I'd tell the fanny to go **** himself and no listen to a word he says, respectfully.

Aldo
30-06-2017, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't even bother looking I'd tell the fanny to go **** himself and no listen to a word he says, respectfully.

Ha and btw it's wespectfully when it comes to that twat!!

Crab apple
30-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Interesting though, the reaction to some in this forum when folk (myself included) were stating we only got 500k. Unless Warburton is completely lying to his own fans.

I suspect the fee was less than £1m. I'm more concerned that we use it well to get a replacement.

I see in the article he is wanting to sign Tavernier. Forest will be looking at a relegation battle if they sign him.

malcolm
30-06-2017, 09:47 PM
http://m.nottinghampost.com/jason-cummings-capture-defines-nottingham-forest-s-transfer-policy-says-boss-mark-warburton/story-30417815-detail/story.html

I see warburton confirmed today that it was nowhere near 1 million they paid for jason Cummings.....

I'd not be in any hurry to believe anything he said, but it assumes that we got the payment all up front. If it was not then it might allow him to truthfully say what they have paid was well shy of £1m even if further future payment, whether tied to anything or not, might take it well above that... just saying like :wink:

Being undisclosed allows both sides to wink wink a bit about what it was or will be but I've no reason to assume that we did not secure the best deal we could in all the circumstances.

truehibernian
30-06-2017, 09:59 PM

£6 million bid by RB Leipzig for Barrie McKay - spinned by Jackson, fed by Traynor (Level 5), approved by The Rangers.

The defence rests :aok:

Well over £1 million for Jase :wink:

truehibernian
30-06-2017, 10:07 PM
I suspect the fee was less than £1m. I'm more concerned that we use it well to get a replacement.

I see in the article he is wanting to sign Tavernier. Forest will be looking at a relegation battle if they sign him.

I get the feeling that we may need to create a new .net glossary of terms.....

"pulling a Boycey" - when the actual fee is surrounded in mystery but you pull a Liam Boyce card amongst mates and introduce a 'Boycey' and are allowed to create your own transfer fee :greengrin

Brightside
30-06-2017, 10:16 PM

He's lying.

The Leith Dutch
30-06-2017, 10:58 PM

From memory most of those stating that either have a poor track record of attention seeking posts or are neg ferrets.

Combine that with the fact you're now suggesting they're right because some ex hun fanny with previous for telling porkies plus an axe to grind with Hibs agrees and I'll pass and call bull****.

Crab apple
30-06-2017, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=truehibernian;5086501]I get the feeling that we may need to create a new .net glossary of terms.....

"pulling a Boycey"

I understand the business logic of not shouting the fee from the rooftops. Makes sense. Didn't think it was because of Boyce. So we were at that point serious about him? I'd understood his mind has been set on a move own south for some time.

CMurdoch
01-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Chris Humphrey has signed a 1 year deal at Bury.
Bury fans saying he can't be any worse than the Jermaine Pennant guy they had last season :wink:

eastcoasthibby
01-07-2017, 09:10 AM

Just over 600k I heard ....not a lot but explains away probably by the deal in place made.last summer to get him to extend his contract so we would at least get.something for him when this summer came around ! So if true not as.much cash to throw around as was hoped for with Cummings going !!

mjhibby
01-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Just over 600k I heard ....not a lot but explains away probably by the deal in place made.last summer to get him to extend his contract so we would at least get.something for him when this summer came around ! So if true not as.much cash to throw around as was hoped for with Cummings going !!

The fee was £1.5m with £1m up front. It was put in his last contract that should a club meet that valuation then Jason could speak to him. Where people are getting these fake news figures from God knows but it is now becoming very boring the people are passing them off as fact. The press in Nottingham are saying £1.8m but that is presumably with adding of number of games etc. These figures will be featured in next years accounts I'm fairly sure of.

SeanWilson
01-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Hibs should 'respectfully' release the figure to gazump this complete and utter charlatan.

mjhibby
01-07-2017, 09:59 AM
Yes it was nowhere near a million it was £1.5 so I suppose he's not telling fibs in a way. A hoot as always the breadman.

sahib
01-07-2017, 11:31 AM
Yes it was nowhere near a million it was £1.5 so I suppose he's not telling fibs in a way. A hoot as always the breadman.

How can you be so certain?

IanM
01-07-2017, 09:00 PM
Shinnie joined Luton town on loan

Springbank
01-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Luton fans saying on Twitter they'd have preferred Luke Berry, but seeing as Hibs are signing Berry Shinnie will do.

Souter96Mac
01-07-2017, 09:06 PM
Shinnie joined Luton town on loan
Probably closer to his level. Was always a weird one last season, i was really pleased when we first got him in but he didn't live up to my expectations. Done really well in the derby at ER to be fair to him.

Salisbury Hibby
01-07-2017, 09:12 PM

Warburton shouldn't have said anything. Just that the fee is undisclosed and that it's inappropriate to comment. Fanny.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
01-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Probably closer to his level. Was always a weird one last season, i was really pleased when we first got him in but he didn't live up to my expectations. Done really well in the derby at ER to be fair to him.The SPL is probably his level, he was excellent with Inverness, just didn't fully hit it off here for whatever reason. Still had many good games.

yonder1875
02-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Tam McManus tweeting saying that two strikers will be in shortly and he was discussing a "big" name coming in.

truehibernian
02-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Tam McManus tweeting saying that two strikers will be in shortly and he was discussing a "big" name coming in.

Absolutely no info or knowledge, however I saw Rickie Lambert wasn't in Cardiff's plans this week and Warnock went to press saying so. I know Lennon bid for him a few years ago when he was the Celtic manager. The player has made his cash, could probably get another lucrative year right enough (down south). But he fits the 'Holt' mould. 35 and might want to play regularly and experience up here v Celtic, The Rangers, Hearts, etc ?

Busy week ahead that's for sure :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
02-07-2017, 10:53 PM
Absolutely no info or knowledge, however I saw Rickie Lambert wasn't in Cardiff's plans this week and Warnock went to press saying so. I know Lennon bid for him a few years ago when he was the Celtic manager. The player has made his cash, could probably get another lucrative year right enough (down south). But he fits the 'Holt' mould. 35 and might want to play regularly and experience up here v Celtic, The Rangers, Hearts, etc ?

Busy week ahead that's for sure :aok:

Yeh, I saw that comment from Warnock about Lambert as well, though he is 35 which would normally make me worry, in his case mobility was never his game anyway if I recall correctly so if we could swing a deal for him it might not be a bad signing at all .... no mention of him in the media since Warnock said that but I'm sure NL is aware that he could be available, he could well be worth a punt if he was willing to come to the frozen north .... I would see him as a sort of Holt plus :greengrin

H18 SFR
03-07-2017, 07:14 AM
I see the papers are quoting McInnes this morning of wanting 3 or 4 more players. We need to get some confirmed signings.

ian cruise
03-07-2017, 07:40 AM

No, it's Rowan Vine's fault. He sullied the reputation of beards at Easter Road for decades. I still get funny looks every match due to mine.

eastmainsmsh
03-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Ciftci and stokes?

H18 SFR
03-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Posting here rather than starting a new thread, anyone heard anything about us interested in Connor Sammon? My Yam mate is adamant we are possibly interested.

Leith Green
03-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Posting here rather than starting a new thread, anyone heard anything about us interested in Connor Sammon? My Yam mate is adamant we are possibly interested.

I stopped worrying as soon as i read "yam mate is adamant"

J-C
03-07-2017, 10:05 AM

****ing hope not he's absolute pish.

Sean1875
03-07-2017, 10:06 AM
I stopped worrying as soon as i read "yam mate is adamant"

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dunedinhibs
03-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Warburton shouldn't have said anything. Just that the fee is undisclosed and that it's inappropriate to comment. Fanny.

Aye il just blabber out to the media an underwhelming sum of money to get under hibs skin cause they won the big cup. Respectfully of course. What a fud.

Speedway
03-07-2017, 10:21 AM
A point to consider:

If it's true that Lennon has decided to go with a first team squad of 24 this season and the budget has been set accordingly, we currently only have 20 BEFORE the expected departures of Forster and Graham.

So I reckon as many as SIX signings to come.

H18 SFR
03-07-2017, 10:22 AM
A point to consider:

If it's true that Lennon has decided to go with a first team squad of 24 this season and the budget has been set accordingly, we currently only have 20 BEFORE the expected departures of Forster and Graham.

Does that include Crane and the Murray's etc?

Callum_62
03-07-2017, 10:22 AM
Aye il just blabber out to the media an underwhelming sum of money to get under hibs skin cause they won the big cup. Respectfully of course. What a fud.

Might ease the expectation on Jason

Speedway
03-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Does that include Crane and the Murray's etc?

Crane yes, Murray no but does include Handling who I'd be surprised to see still here in August.

Billy Whizz
03-07-2017, 10:25 AM
A point to consider:

Speedway, where are you hearing the figure of 24 from?

H18 SFR
03-07-2017, 10:25 AM
I'd maybe include both Murrays in the total tbh.

Speedway
03-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Conversation over the weekend with a member of staff.

I think they'll go out on loan.

Scooter
03-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Conversation over the weekend with a member of staff.

I think they'll go out on loan.

I'm sure the evening news recently quoted 20 plus 3 keepers so that would be 23

Speedway
03-07-2017, 10:33 AM
I'm sure the evening news recently quoted 20 plus 3 keepers so that would be 23

Ok, so if it's the case, then still up to 5 new faces from here. I got told 24.

SirDavidsNapper
03-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Not a new signing but a fully fit again Dylan McGeough would be like one. Our midfield would be scary if he was at the top of his game. Let's hope he has a good pre season.

easty
03-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Not a new signing but a fully fit again Dylan McGeough would be like one. Our midfield would be scary if he was at the top of his game. Let's hope he has a good pre season.

It'd be great to have him fit and available every week, it's no going to happen though.

J-C
03-07-2017, 10:39 AM

On the Hibs page we have 19 1st team players, we expect 3 of those to leave Forster, Graham and Handling, that leaves just 16. If we promote from the youth say Shaw and the 2 Murray's we're back to 19.

So it looks like we'll be looking at 5-6 new players coming in still.

California-Hibs
03-07-2017, 10:47 AM

He'll start off fit as always because of the big break. Then however, more than likely the inevitable 'injuries' will start to kick in. Frustrates me so much as when he plays WE play. He's a great player.

Col2
03-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Ok, so if it's the case, then still up to 5 new faces from here. I got told 24.

Which would make sense.

So assuming Whittaker is almost done and Berry close as well. Then that leaves us 3 which must be two strikers and possibly a winger or another attacking player. Or in my simple head:-

Whittaker
Berry
Stokes
Moult
Commons

And then we are done...

Speedway
03-07-2017, 11:03 AM
Which would make sense.

So assuming Whittaker is almost done and Berry close as well. Then that leaves us 3 which must be two strikers and possibly a winger or another attacking player. Or in my simple head:-

Whittaker
Berry
Stokes
Moult
Commons

And then we are done...

And the one I'd want most out of that lot is the one I think we've got the least chance of getting - Commons

But if that ended up the reality, it would be a very successful window.

Speedway
03-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Waugh and Donaldson are off to Berwick until January.

Onceinawhile
03-07-2017, 11:10 AM

Which two?

Fraser and someone isn't it? I'd hope Simon Murray is included...

J-C
03-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Which two?

Fraser and someone isn't it? I'd hope Simon Murray is included...

Innes Murray, signed from Celtic a season ago.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Something's brewing this week. I can feel it.

TonyStokeprano
03-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Ciftci and stokes?

Would absolutely love tha front two!! is that a question or a hint ?

Bostonhibby
03-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Your yam mates and ageing new wave singer from the 80's with inside knowledge of the future of yet another big yam signing who's failed to deliver never mind stand and deliver?

Don't get me wrong, I liked Ant music but have got to ask about the reliability of the source. Might be as good as some of the others flying around though[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

bill_reed
03-07-2017, 11:46 AM
And the one I'd want most out of that lot is the one I think we've got the least chance of getting - Commons

thought that Commons was not training due to an ongoing problem with a bad back...

Col2
03-07-2017, 11:47 AM

Yes and some have mixed views on him. For me Commons is one of those few players that can be involved in just about every goal or opportunity either through creating it or scoring it. With Swanson and hopefully Berry we would have some real additional goal threat in addition to strikers.

WeeRussell
03-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Only a Jambo would be adamant about something being a possibility.

LaMotta
03-07-2017, 11:53 AM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/tee%20hee%20hee.gif

neil7908
03-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Yes and some have mixed views on him. For me Commons is one of those few players that can be involved in just about every goal or opportunity either through creating it or scoring it. With Swanson and hopefully Berry we would have some real additional goal threat in addition to strikers.

His quality isn't in doubt, it's his age, injury problems and wage that are the biggest issues for me.

I'd be delighted to get him in a player-coach role on a reasonable salary, or possibly a low basic wage with a decent playing bonus.

But given the money he's earned at Celtic I'm not sure he'd go for that and his recent comments sound like his heart isn't in playing anymore. He's definitely not one I'd be prioritising or commiting lots of time and money to but if it happens in the right way then great.

Leith Green
03-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Looking at reports suggesting a squad of 20 outfield players and 3 goalkeepers. If so then allowing a place for crane, martin , and shaw in the squad along with players already signed and assuming whittaker , berry , and stokes do sign then I can see us bringing in a wide player and another striker.

The above assumption would also mean moving on graham and handling..

GK .marciano , laidlaw , dabrowski
RB gray , whittaker
LB stevenson , crane
CB ambrose , hanlon
CB mcgregor , fontaine
CM mcginn , mcgeough
CM bartley , martin , berry
AM swanson , boyle , new signing
CF stokes , murray , shaw , new signing

Assuming the new signings are 1st picks , that is one hell of a strong squad of players , with a lot of younger players on the fringes of the 1st team squad but loaned out

weonlywon6-2
03-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Someone on twitter saying we have got Gary Hooper on loan 🙄

Scottie
03-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Well if that's the case it's a fantastic piece of business from the club.

Scores goals for fun. Happy days if true. :agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Looking at reports suggesting a squad of 20 outfield players and 3 goalkeepers. If so then allowing a place for crane, martin , and shaw in the squad along with players already signed and assuming whittaker , berry , and stokes do sign then I can see us bringing in a wide player and another striker.

The above assumption would also mean moving on graham and handling..

GK .marciano , laidlaw , dabrowski
RB gray , whittaker
LB stevenson , crane
CB ambrose , hanlon
CB mcgregor , fontaine
CM mcginn , mcgeough
CM bartley , martin , berry
AM swanson , boyle , new signing
CF stokes , murray , shaw , new signing

Assuming the new signings are 1st picks , that is one hell of a strong squad of players , with a lot of younger players on the fringes of the 1st team squad but loaned out

Are Crane, Martin and Shaw going to be prt of the first team squad?

I've not heard Lennon mention that they will. Have any of them done anything at senior level to suggest they are ready even as squad players. Shaw may be the exception as he scored a fee towards the end for Stenny.

neil7908
03-07-2017, 12:55 PM

Never happening in a million years.

SlickShoes
03-07-2017, 12:56 PM

It's nonsense so don't get excited

Salt N Sauzee
03-07-2017, 12:56 PM

Guy's a wind up merchant and just posts nonsense.

He "Confirmed" that Lennon had left for Preston and that Lafferty had signed and went on to post made up quotes from Lafferty.

To be ignored.

Scottie
03-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Never happening in a million years.

It's the excitement that kills you :wink: :aok:

Leith Green
03-07-2017, 01:01 PM

I've not heard Lennon mention that they will. Have any of them done anything at senior level to suggest they are ready even as squad players. Shaw may be the exception as he scored a fee towards the end for Stenny.

If Crane and martin arent , then u would have to think they would be released. Defo think they will be in the squad next season , shaw maybe out on loan a couple of times over the season

IAmLee
03-07-2017, 01:11 PM

Martin was on the bench a few times last season so he'll definitely be in the squad, he looked good whenever he played last season & got plenty of praise from Lennon after the games he played, I thought he was MOTM against Falkirk and in the draw with Raith. Crane and Shaw I'm not too sure about, Crane was apparently our left back cover last season but when it came to it we moved Hanlon over and Shaw scored a lot for the dev team and a few for Stenny but I'd imagine we'll try and get him out on loan and playing regularly with a team playing at a higher level (League 1 or the championship) like we're doing with Porteous.

Carheenlea
03-07-2017, 01:13 PM

I must have followed him at some point as the story appeared and had me in a bit of a flap until I smelt a rat and guessed it was a joke.
Some spoof accounts are very funny, but what the ones purporting to be legitimate accounts contribute I've really no idea. Now deleted.

nellio
03-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Yeh, I saw that comment from Warnock about Lambert as well, though he is 35 which would normally make me worry, in his case mobility was never his game anyway if I recall correctly so if we could swing a deal for him it might not be a bad signing at all .... no mention of him in the media since Warnock said that but I'm sure NL is aware that he could be available, he could well be worth a punt if he was willing to come to the frozen north .... I would see him as a sort of Holt plus :greengrin

lambert has been murder for Cardiff. Shown no desire at all, came in did nothing, got injured and made poor attempt to get back fit again. Replaced by a young Danish lad Zohore who's taken his chance and stepped up with goals. lambert Happy to just site there collecting his cash which is why Warnock came out and made it clear he wont be playing so everyone knows if he doesn't move how little desire he has.

Not sure I would want lambert up here. Can do without him getting injured then taking forever to get fit again. No doubt would be after a decent wedge too!

Sean1875
03-07-2017, 01:34 PM
thought that Commons was not training due to an ongoing problem with a bad back...

Commons back is knackered, wouldn't surprise me to see him hanging his boots up and focusing on coaching from now on

Billy Whizz
03-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Well that's 3 out today, would expect the next announcement to be someone coming in

Ronniekirk
03-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Well that's 3 out today, would expect the next announcement to be someone coming in

Three out Three in Billy, Quid Pro Quo, or something to that effect

RamYer1902
03-07-2017, 02:00 PM
According to Daily Record, no news expected from Hibs today but they are hoping to make an announcement tomorrow. Berry? Whittaker? Both?

Vault Boy
03-07-2017, 02:05 PM
According to Daily Record, no news expected from Hibs today but they are hoping to make an announcement tomorrow. Berry? Whittaker? Both?

Just saw this too (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-10727980). Both would be excellent, I'd imagine Whittaker would be more likely at this stage though - unless Berry signed up very quickly.

H18 SFR
03-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Just saw this too (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-10727980). Both would be excellent, I'd imagine Whittaker would be more likely at this stage though - unless Berry signed up very quickly.

Why is it so difficult to get the Whittaker deal and equally Berry deal over the line?

RamYer1902
03-07-2017, 02:17 PM

Well the talk from news outlets in Cambridge was that Berry had already signed a 4 year deal with us but Hibs sources dismissed it. So maybe it could be official tomorrow? Never know though, would still be more than happy to get the Whittaker deal over the line.

Vault Boy
03-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Why is it so difficult to get the Whittaker deal and equally Berry deal over the line?

Just a guess due to the fee for Berry only being agreed a couple of days ago and his tour of the facilities happening yesterday. Hopefully both can be announced tomorrow though!

Edit- I think you took what I wrote to mean we won't get Berry done, that's not what I meant, just that Whittaker is more likely to be made official first. :aok:

Well the talk from news outlets in Cambridge was that Berry had already signed a 4 year deal with us but Hibs sources dismissed it. So maybe it could be official tomorrow? Never know though, would still be more than happy to get the Whittaker deal over the line.

Hadn't seen this, that would be great.

Diclonius
03-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Moult being offered new deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40478227

Tobias Funke
03-07-2017, 09:31 PM

How does anyone know how difficult the process is or isn't? Just let the club do what they need to do to get the players signed up in the correct and official manner. Signings will happen, we all just need to be patient.

Ronniekirk
03-07-2017, 09:40 PM

Just dont see this happening Lets get Stokes over the line first

Paisley Hibby
03-07-2017, 09:49 PM

Still hurting after May 2016.

Lago
04-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Signings seem to be running out of steam.

Ozyhibby
04-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Notts Forrest have signed Barry McKay for £500k.

Onceinawhile
04-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Notts Forrest have signed Barry McKay for £500k.

Odd way to spell 6 million.

Greenworld
04-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Oh to be a fly on the wall of Neil Lennons office...I wonder how many cups are getting thrown around in frustration.
Or perhaps it's feet up with a smug smile knowing business is done.
Just wish someone would tell us 😁😁😁

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
04-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Not particularly cryptic tweet from Kenny Millar in response to a question about signings today - fire emoji and a wink.

Defences terrified? :wink:

Iain G
04-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Not particularly cryptic tweet from Kenny Millar in response to a question about signings today - fire emoji and a wink.

Defences terrified? :wink:

Will Griggs? 😉

livi hibs 1875
04-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Will Griggs? 😉

Just paid 150k to united for Keatings

Ozyhibby
04-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Odd way to spell 6 million.

It's a volatile market just now.[emoji23]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170704/77b272026ef7bc0434430aed85bec0a0.png

Frazerbob
04-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Inside Easter Road FB page just posted this....

"EXCLUSIVE
Inside Easter Road are delighted to announce Steven Whittaker has put pen to paper on a 3 Year Deal with the club. More to follow....."

Who is/are Inside Easter Road?

Baw187
04-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Inside Easter Road FB page just posted this....

"EXCLUSIVE
Inside Easter Road are delighted to announce Steven Whittaker has put pen to paper on a 3 Year Deal with the club. More to follow....."

Who is/are Inside Easter Road?

A fake news site by the sound of things.

The Leith Dutch
04-07-2017, 12:22 PM

"Adamant about possibly paying you" is something only in the wildest dreams of their creditors......

Heisenberg
04-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Steven Whittaker not signed for anyone yet. Hibs keen to get him. From STVs Jamie Borthwick.

Nothing new happened on that one then. Starting to think that Kenny Millar exclusive from Sunday has built my hopes up a bit too much. Berry deal close to off and Whittaker still no signed.

21sMay
04-07-2017, 12:39 PM
I think hibs aren't giving anything away regards to transfer dealings. There's nothing to confirm we where interested in any the the players people are saying we have missed out on.

Heisenberg
04-07-2017, 12:42 PM
I think hibs aren't giving anything away regards to transfer dealings. There's nothing to confirm we where interested in any the the players people are saying we have missed out on.

It certainly looks like we'll have missed out on Berry if the deal is indeed off.

alihibs1
04-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Kenny Millar replying with fire emoji and Winky face when asked about signings today. A clue?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

le bill
04-07-2017, 02:48 PM
David Wheeler (Exeter City Winger) at East Mains

SRHibs
04-07-2017, 02:49 PM
David Wheeler (Exeter City Winger) at East Mains

Seen the picture doesn't look like him.

itslegaltender
04-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Seen the picture doesn't look like him.

thats already been exposed as a fake.

Zazu62
05-07-2017, 11:54 AM
So anything ?

Speedway
05-07-2017, 02:16 PM
So anything ?

Nope.

But it must be exciting to be an Everton fan just now

neil7908
05-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Nope.

Exciting but I'm still not convinced that all the money they are spending will get them any higher up the league than they were last year.

There spending really shows the gulf between England and Scotland. Spending around £100m to almost certainly finish 7th.

Haymaker
05-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Exciting but I'm still not convinced that all the money they are spending will get them any higher up the league than they were last year.

There spending really shows the gulf between England and Scotland. Spending around £100m to almost certainly finish 7th.

£100m is average nowadays.

Ozyhibby
05-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Nope.

Spend £100m on players and still sit their fans in an old wooden stand. Priorities. [emoji3]

GreenArmyyy!
05-07-2017, 03:14 PM
From what I have heard everything within the club has been tightened up in terms of transfer dealings as they're unhappy about the amount of leaks there has been. Probably why nobody really knows what's going on at the moment.

neil7908
05-07-2017, 04:48 PM
£100m is average nowadays.

Exactly, £100m in England buys you a just above mid table finish.

In Scotland you could probably sign every player in the SPL!

Haymaker
05-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Exactly, £100m in England buys you a just above mid table finish.

In Scotland you could probably sign every player in the SPL!

With change.

flash
05-07-2017, 05:06 PM
From what I have heard everything within the club has been tightened up in terms of transfer dealings as they're unhappy about the amount of leaks there has been. Probably why nobody really knows what's going on at the moment.

So somebody has leaked that things have been tightened up.

Speedway
06-07-2017, 09:10 AM
What we either forget or don't understand is that we're are pursuing players this summer that represent a 'coup' of sorts for us to get.

These are players coveted by other teams who may also have won something recently, have fervent supporters, a nice training ground or can simply pay plenty more greenbacks a week than we can.

The Motherwell manager recently said that he hopes Moult enjoys being at Motherwell and stays because he's loved as even £500 a week more is out of the question for them.

Therefore, to get these players when training ground and supporter numbers and wages don't represent a big step up for them , we REALLY have to sell the club to the player including letting them know the players who will also be signing.

This not only takes longer but also increases the chance of rejection.

So while not an excuse to not get players in, because we have got players in, the 'sell' to the player is a lot tougher. For example, why is Hibs a better option for a player like Berry than Portsmouth/Millwall? Europe perhaps? (2 matches if we get there)

Lennon wants us to finish higher than most of our players seem to believe we can. I believe he's literally dragging the self esteem of this club up by it's arsne.

No easy deals to close.

Betty Boop
06-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Lukaku to Man U 75 million.

The Leith Dutch
06-07-2017, 09:35 AM
What we either forget or don't understand is that we're are pursuing players this summer that represent a 'coup' of sorts for us to get.

These are players coveted by other teams who may also have won something recently, have fervent supporters, a nice training ground or can simply pay plenty more greenbacks a week than we can.

The Motherwell manager recently said that he hopes Moult enjoys being at Motherwell and stays because he's loved as even £500 a week more is out of the question for them.

Therefore, to get these players when training ground and supporter numbers and wages don't represent a big step up for them , we REALLY have to sell the club to the player including letting them know the players who will also be signing.

So while not an excuse to not get players in, because we have got players in, the 'sell' to the player is a lot tougher. For example, why is Hibs a better option for a player like Berry than Portsmouth/Millwall? Europe perhaps? (2 matches if we get there)

Lennon wants us to finish higher than most of our players seem to believe we can. I believe he's literally dragging the self esteem of this club up by it's arsne.

No easy deals to close.

:top marks

It's an odd mood on the board:
We insist on signing quality players but we're also going to get upset if we "miss out on our targets".
Take yer pick but we won't achieve both.

Stevie Reid
06-07-2017, 09:42 AM

No easy deals to close.

Good post.

NAE NOOKIE
06-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Spend £100m on players and still sit their fans in an old wooden stand. Priorities. [emoji3]

To be fair Everton have been trying to get planning permission to build a new stadium near their current location for years now, it isn't possible to upgrade Goodison ..... AFAIK they are now very close to getting permission for a new stadium down beside they Mersey and well within the city boundary, which is something their fans were insisting on ...... the site also happens to be about 2 miles from my brother's house :greengrin

Diclonius
06-07-2017, 11:28 AM
In 10 years time teams from the Conference will be outbidding every team in Scotland bar the OF, unless their crash happens. Guarantee it.

Slavers
06-07-2017, 11:31 AM
In 10 years time teams from the Conference will be outbidding every team in Scotland bar the OF, unless their crash happens. Guarantee it.

Maybe it's time to make a United Kingdom league so we can get a slice of the pie?

.Sean.
06-07-2017, 11:33 AM

I'd sit in Goodison Park every day of the week before any other soulless, identikit bowl every other team have. Proper stadium with proper fans.

Marco G
06-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Not "unless" their crash happens but "when". Sky are already juggling their channels cause interest in EPL matches not involving the top teams are not drawing viewers any more. BT will realise they have a business model that will break.

Once TV money stops increasing there will be mayhem, cause wages are often on longer contracts than the TV deals and are going up to silly levels, plus transfer fees that are plain stupid imo. Football league had highest attendances last season for yonks, yet most clubs are still running at a loss despite the cash flowing in!

So in Scotland where there is more of a balance between gate income and TV money we will be in a better place when the crash happens!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

supermcginn
06-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Was there in April in the old main stand, 50 quid for a rickety wooden seat with a pillar in the way of one of the goals, dump!

proud_and_green
06-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Not "unless" their crash happens but "when". Sky are already juggling their channels cause interest in EPL matches not involving the top teams are not drawing viewers any more. BT will realise they have a business model that will break.

Once TV money stops increasing there will be mayhem, cause wages are often on longer contracts than the TV deals and are going up to silly levels, plus transfer fees that are plain stupid imo. Football league had highest attendances last season for yonks, yet most clubs are still running at a loss despite the cash flowing in!

So in Scotland where there is more of a balance between gate income and TV money we will be in a better place when the crash happens!

Agree entirely, there is though a possibility when it does come that the elite will separate from the rest and form an international league along the lines of the champions league as the main competition for them. Fine for the elite but I have a feeling it will take those clubs further and further away from their fans but that may in a perverse way be good for what is left and in particular Scottish Football.

KWJ
06-07-2017, 12:03 PM

No easy deals to close.

:thumbsup:

As exciting as new signings are you want the right ones - http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-pat-fenlon-brings-in-four-new-faces-while-hart-and-sodje-leave-club-1-2088856

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23897612

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7525682.stm

blah blah blah

Ozyhibby
06-07-2017, 12:08 PM

The crash will happen soon enough. Young people are not watching as much football as we did and when they are they are using illegal streams and not paying.

ian cruise
06-07-2017, 12:22 PM
:thumbsup:

As exciting as new signings are you want the right ones - http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-pat-fenlon-brings-in-four-new-faces-while-hart-and-sodje-leave-club-1-2088856

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23897612

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7525682.stm

blah blah blah

I was so excited by the prospect of Kujabi, gutted he was no good.

Claros was a good player and I actually rated Thicot too. Zoubir seems to have gone on to have a go is career but I'd totally forgotten about him so I'd be lying g if I said I geld him in high regard while here.

Doherty, O'Donovan, Keenan were all non performers for us and Heffernan I never felt was good enough. Really wanted to be proven wrong but sadly I wasn't.

Think the difference in the last few years compared to previous Windows has been proven by some of the football that's been played and the games we've won. There's been a marked improvement in the quality we've signed (granted not all work out but that football, no one has a perfect signing record). I think this is why I'm not panicking about our summer so far.

If we have to wait to get real quality in then I'd prefer that to dross. As speedway says, if you're going for these players they'll be wanted by others too, therefore it takes longer to get things over the line.

RossScott1991
06-07-2017, 12:28 PM
We any closer to anyone ? Thought this week would have been the week of arrivals with pre season starting and Lewis testimonial Sunday. Still tomorrow.

Heisenberg
06-07-2017, 12:32 PM
I'm sure I saw someone recently suggest Rickie Lambert. He's just been mutually consented by Cardiff.

Callum_62
06-07-2017, 12:32 PM
If we dont sign someone by end of tomorrow we are getting relegated.

Borderhibbie76
06-07-2017, 01:37 PM
This was meant to be the big week for arrivals not happened so far for whatever reason...thankfully 4 weeks till league starts but let's hope things start moving soon...

Greenworld
06-07-2017, 02:46 PM
I'm sure I saw someone recently suggest Rickie Lambert. He's just been mutually consented by Cardiff.
He has on twitter ...35 years old

Greenworld
06-07-2017, 02:48 PM
We any closer to anyone ? Thought this week would have been the week of arrivals with pre season starting and Lewis testimonial Sunday. Still tomorrow.
Seems all sites have gone dead with info.everyone to scared to say anything for fear of reprisals.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-07-2017, 03:36 PM

They are already negotiating their next deals, and thr guy on the radio said a bad deal would be one that doesnt grow by much.

That would take us another five to ten years into the future - so no obvious crash on the horizon by the looks of it.

Since90+2
06-07-2017, 03:39 PM
People waiting for a "crash" in revenues in the English Premier League will be waiting a long time.

mcfly
06-07-2017, 03:51 PM
game tonight are we playing 1 up front??

needing some strikers in ASAP

nearly 12000 season tickets - we must have money

This goodwill must be repaid by the board. Cmon hibs let's see our ambition

GreenLake
06-07-2017, 03:59 PM
People waiting for a "crash" in revenues in the English Premier League will be waiting a long time.

Not as long as you think. HibsTV is way better than watching an EPL game. :greengrin

http://awfulannouncing.com/nbc/viewership-2016-17-premier-league-season-lowest-since-moving-nbc.html

Iain G
06-07-2017, 04:29 PM
game tonight are we playing 1 up front??

needing some strikers in ASAP

nearly 12000 season tickets - we must have money

This goodwill must be repaid by the board. Cmon hibs let's see our ambition

Graham, Murray, Boyle, Shaw mean we don't need to play one up front...

Borderhibbie76
06-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Graham, Murray, Boyle, Shaw mean we don't need to play one up front...That in itself highlights the need for at least 2 strikers to be signed before the curtain raiser

sambajustice
06-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Graham, Murray, Boyle, Shaw mean we don't need to play one up front...

That's a truly frightening forward line.

For all the wrong reasons!

Souter96Mac
06-07-2017, 04:52 PM
If we just play all of them at once, we could do alright

Heisenberg
06-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Lennon says he wants another 3 or 4 in. Forward areas being looked at obviously. Knows everyone wants players in now but comfortable that there is plenty time left and he's happy with the players he's signed so far.

KWJ
07-07-2017, 07:27 AM
I sense a signing today. No source.

ian cruise
07-07-2017, 07:32 AM
They are already negotiating their next deals, and thr guy on the radio said a bad deal would be one that doesnt grow by much.

That would take us another five to ten years into the future - so no obvious crash on the horizon by the looks of it.

Here's the thing I don't quite get, the English league is only what it is because Sky made it so by ploughing money in so clubs could buy the best players and telling everyone it was the best league in the world. They could fire a fortune in to Scottish football that was still a fraction of what they pay for English football and create a similar thing in our game rather than allowing the English leagues to hold them to ransom. However they created the monster and now they're suffering for it as they gave to pay more and more each time. Hell mend them both.

ian cruise
07-07-2017, 07:35 AM

Cardiff fan on here has said the reason he was so far out of the picture was because he's done. If folk aren't happy with Pennant after a goal and hitting the woodwork the Lambert wouldn't even make it out changing rooms, nevermind the warm up. From what's been said I'd rather we looked elsewhere, the feedback and his stars suggests his time has passed.

KWJ
07-07-2017, 07:48 AM
Here's the thing I don't quite get, the English league is only what it is because Sky made it so by ploughing money in so clubs could buy the best players and telling everyone it was the best league in the world. They could fire a fortune in to Scottish football that was still a fraction of what they pay for English football and create a similar thing in our game rather than allowing the English leagues to hold them to ransom. However they created the monster and now they're suffering for it as they gave to pay more and more each time. Hell mend them both.

You're right - they just don't want to. Perhaps they think that the majority of their subscribers and target audience (English) still wouldn't be interested.

Incidentally in the fantasy land of football manager I saw someone did a test case of swapping the english and scottish tv money. 5 years in and scottish clubs were signing top talent but not vastly improved in Europe while Englands top 6-8 still dominated but the rest fell away. Hibs missed out on promotion in season 1 and then couldnt recover as relegated team too strong.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-07-2017, 08:12 AM

Yeah but that is not the only reason is it.

English fitba has always been one of Europe's, ergo the worlds, top leagues.

Its rammed full of big clubs who can attract big crowds in big stadia which creates spectacle. Its in english, so is accessible to foreign markets, amd its style, while probably less technical amd sophisticated than other top leagues, is exciting, physical amd easy for new fitba fans to get into.

And sky may have helped create it, but it is overseas money that is really pumping in now. People here might not like it (i remember during italian fitbas heyday in the 90s loads of people used to say it was too slow and boring and they didnt like it) bit hundreds of millions across the world love it.

Scottish fitba is small, uncompetitive, badly organised, badly managed, lacks spectacle and is badly marketed. I cant for the life of me understand why people keep comparing it with england. It has no more relevance than comparing ourselves with real madrid.

BegbieHSC
07-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Today's the day :aok::aok::aok::aok:!

Speedway
07-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Today's the day :aok::aok::aok::aok:!

Is it? Lennon reckoned early next week in last night's interview.

Bringing in Whittaker, Fyvie, Pennant, Commons, Hendo, Stokes and A big bloke up front would give me hope for the new season.

We know Whittaker is close, Fyvie is still in the offing, Stokes is a deal in waiting, another striker is being sought so that only leaves question marks over Hendo and Commons.

With Handling and Graham still expected to leave, that would take the squad to 23 without the young lads so that's in line with what Lennon has said.

So 7 in 2 out in 7 weeks. That's doable.

J-C
07-07-2017, 09:21 AM

Bringing in Whittaker, Fyvie, Pennant, Commons, Hendo, Stokes and A big bloke up front would give me hope for the new season.

We know Whittaker is close, Fyvie is still in the offing, Stokes is a deal in waiting, another striker is being sought so that only leaves question marks over Hendo and Commons.

With Handling and Graham still expected to leave, that would take the squad to 23 without the young lads so that's in line with what Lennon has said.

Didn't sound that many in his interview, seemed to be 3-4 players to come in.

BegbieHSC
07-07-2017, 09:24 AM

tbh, i'd be really happy with Whittaker, Fyvie, Pennant, Hendo and Stokes - reckon if Commons wanted to sign for us, he would have already, and he'd have made more noise about extending his loan last season.

Re a big guy - tbh, I think alot of the criticism levelled at Si Murray is a wee bit unfair - think the lad will do a job for us.

Speedway
07-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Didn't sound that many in his interview, seemed to be 3-4 players to come in.

At least 3 or 4 was the phrase used (I think)

If that's the case then Fraser Murray, Oli Shaw and Ryan Porteous won't go out on loan.

IAmLee
07-07-2017, 09:31 AM

Anyone know what's happening with Stanton? Wasn't even on the bench last night so I assume he is leaving but not heard anything about him. If Graham was going I'd like us to sign another 3 strikers; Stokes, a big lad and another, I know we have Shaw but I wouldn't think he'd be a regular starter so it might make more sense to try and get him out on loan to league one or the championship for experience. Would be nice to get one or two in before Sunday to get the Sunderland game with their new team mates into them before Montrose next week, but I doubt it will happen, Lennon is usually up front with transfer news!

Speedway
07-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Anyone know what's happening with Stanton? Wasn't even on the bench last night so I assume he is leaving but not heard anything about him. If Graham was going I'd like us to sign another 3 strikers; Stokes, a big lad and another, I know we have Shaw but I wouldn't think he'd be a regular starter so it might make more sense to try and get him out on loan to league one or the championship for experience. Would be nice to get one or two in before Sunday to get the Sunderland game with their new team mates into them before Montrose next week, but I doubt it will happen, Lennon is usually up front with transfer news!

Stanton's not even quoted on the fishy.

J-C
07-07-2017, 09:37 AM

I noticed that a few days ago, picture has gone.

IAmLee
07-07-2017, 09:52 AM

Bizarre as, as far as I know, he's still here.......I've always liked Sam, was decent under Butcher but hardly played and mostly seemed to be played out of position as a winger when he did under Stubbs (but was still joint second top scorer from midfield). It's probably best that he moves on but it's a bit ruthless to cut him out of pre season if the likes of Graham are playing & we're looking to offload him too, unless he's already in negotiations that is!

Keyser Sauzee
07-07-2017, 09:58 AM
We currently have a squad of 21 not including the young lads who are out on loan. I can see Handling, Stanton & Graham moving on which leaves us at 18 so I wouldn't be surprised with another 6 signings.

GreenLake
07-07-2017, 10:17 AM
We currently have a squad of 21 not including the young lads who are out on loan. I can see Handling, Stanton & Graham moving on which leaves us at 18 so I wouldn't be surprised with another 6 signings.

6 signings would be great even if 2 of them were loans

The_Horde
07-07-2017, 10:18 AM

Yep.

We probably need 2 defenders (whitty and another CB), 2 strikers and 2 midfielders (Fyvie? + another) and maybe even another winger.

Borderhibbie76
07-07-2017, 10:22 AM
Yep.

We probably need 2 defenders (whitty and another CB), 2 strikers and 2 midfielders (Fyvie? + another) and maybe even another winger.We don't need another CB mate no chance...give Porteous a chance as well as having Daz, Hanlon, Fonts and Efe. That is more than enough. I agree on the rest tho

makaveli1875
07-07-2017, 10:24 AM
read that Partick are trying to sign Michael O'halloran . Surely we should be looking at someone like him :confused:

BegbieHSC
07-07-2017, 10:50 AM
read that Partick are trying to sign Michael O'halloran . Surely we should be looking at someone like him :confused:

Would love us to get O'Halloran, but couldn't stomach giving Sevco a penny! If they release him then grand, but if not, I wouldn't do any business with them.

Winston Ingram
07-07-2017, 10:57 AM

Tbf they're now making similar amounts for their TV rights abroad. That has nowt to do with Sky. I'm sure i saw somewhere that they expect the amount for foreign TV rights to elipse domestic the next time the bidding comes round.

CRAZYHIBBY
07-07-2017, 11:01 AM
New signings to be announced today

I reckon

Callum_62
07-07-2017, 11:05 AM

I reckon

More than 1?

Speedway
07-07-2017, 11:19 AM

I reckon

Would that be the press caunfrence at 2pm yesterday?

Hibeesmad
07-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Aberdeen have signed Nicky Maynard. Few decent signings at this level for them

IAmLee
07-07-2017, 11:30 AM
We don't need another CB mate no chance...give Porteous a chance as well as having Daz, Hanlon, Fonts and Efe. That is more than enough. I agree on the rest tho

It's been reported that we're sending him out on loan to Dumbarton which seems like the best plan if he's going to be 5th choice, regular games will benefit him more than sitting in the stand & playing dev football. That might be on hold until we assess how Hanlon is getting on right enough, seeing as Daz & Davie are suspended for the first league game......

Winston Ingram
07-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Aberdeen have signed Nicky Maynard. Few decent signings at this level for them

He was promising about 6 years ago. Since then he's amassed a grand total of 17 goals since then. An average of 3.4 goals per season which is up there with Conor Sammon. Last eason he managed 2 in 34 :confused:

Sean1875
07-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Motherwell reject 250k bid from Aberdeen for Moult..

CRAZYHIBBY
07-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Would that be the press caunfrence at 2pm yesterday?

Its ra days caunfurance

CRAZYHIBBY
07-07-2017, 11:46 AM

We should offer 300

Diclonius
07-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Stewart, May, Moult - Aberdeen are going for all the strikers we should be in for. Let's put in a bid for Moult - we have the money.

Since90+2
07-07-2017, 11:57 AM
If we are in for Stokes (and waiting on him sorting his contract with Blackburn) we wont be making any bid for Moult as we wont have the finances for both.

Hopefully the situation with Stokes is resolved soon enough so we know either way.

Sean1875
07-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Id rather Moult than Stokes if i was being honest

hfc rd
07-07-2017, 12:06 PM
If we are in for Stokes (and waiting on him sorting his contract with Blackburn) we wont be making any bid for Moult as we wont have the finances for both.

Hopefully the situation with Stokes is resolved soon enough so we know either way.

We still need an additional striker to Stokes (if he signs) unless Lennon thinks Oli Shaw can step up this year.

In terms of Stokesy's situation at Blackburn and it drags and drags, I hope we move on to someone like Louis Moult.

Heisenberg
07-07-2017, 12:11 PM

Motherwell will probably looking for a whole lot more than that for him. I too would like us to have a go but signing him would be highly unlikely I feel.

Hibee87
07-07-2017, 12:13 PM
My guess is if we are in for stokes the other striker if we get one, will be more of a target man type i.e holt. A big 6'+ battering ram who can hold the ball up and bring others into play as well as having a physical presence up top. For that reason I doubt he would be in for both stokes and moult, its one or the other and like i said a big man from out of no where (no ideas who though)

carnoustiehibee
07-07-2017, 12:25 PM
I Won't be happy till we get a 6ft 5in Asian forward, 40yr old senagelese wing back born in 2001 and a Bosnian midfielder with long hair and a face tattoo.

greenpaper55
07-07-2017, 12:33 PM
from Lennon in the EN http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-hopes-to-get-closer-to-steven-whittaker-hibs-deal-1-4497535

getting closer he says, how close do you have to get ?

Ronniekirk
07-07-2017, 01:49 PM
from Lennon in the EN http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-hopes-to-get-closer-to-steven-whittaker-hibs-deal-1-4497535

getting closer he says, how close do you have to get ?

Clearly still haggling over something Whether its length of deal wages amount of sign on fee or combination of these
So until whitty is happy with deal it wont be signed
Maybe Neil needs to get a bit more Up Close and Personal to get this one over the line
But at least all the Indications are it's getting there , but as Lennon said later in the Interview there are no done deals and Stokes is still a Blackburn player
So nae announcements today

Zazu62
07-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Hope we aren't just waiting about for Stokes and have other strikers lined up

JimboHibs
07-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Hope we aren't just waiting about for Stokes and have other strikers lined up

It'll just be Stokes,we're very unprofessional Dempster,Craig,Lennon doing a terrible job tbh we should bring in Rod to oversee everything bring back the good old days.

Unseen work
07-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Wonder what happened with Berry.

we could do with taking a leaf out of Aberdeens book with signings.