PDA

View Full Version : Summer Signings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

CapitalGreen
21-06-2017, 10:45 AM
I can see Lennon's thinking in regards to FF. We have a hungry young player who has impressed when called apon, then we have FF who stalled on his contract. Maybe it was a factor in allowing FF to leave knowing we have a ready made replacement on our books.

So we are to replace Fyvie with a player who has had the last 2 seasons to try and displace him in the team and managed a grand total of 5 league starts?

Jones28
21-06-2017, 10:58 AM
So we are to replace Fyvie with a player who has had the last 2 seasons to try and displace him in the team and managed a grand total of 5 league starts?

One of those seasons was under Stubbs, not Lennon, who has since given him more opportunities and Stubbs.

Jpdhfc
21-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Didn't forget about them as they were part of the squad already from last season.
Lennon likes the young fullback Donaldson too

Aldo
21-06-2017, 11:03 AM
I'd replace Fyvie with Mulgrew!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marco G
21-06-2017, 11:07 AM
What is the point having a Player Recruitment role (Mathie is his name if I remember correctly) if we are just going to give Celtic a call?

Sorry but other teams have had much success without looking for Celtic rejects. I have no problem with signing 1-2 but come on, if the top of our shortlist is a list of 5 Celtic players that's hardly encouraging is it?

Hearts have also signed decent players historically through their recruitment - Djoum, Cowie, Rossi, Berra. Good quality Celtic players can still be dross. The current list includes two 32+ players, one with well documented back problems...fact he played regularly for Celtic 3 years ago means what? Maloney has played how many games in the last 2 years? At this rate we will be called "Celtic OAP FC". Are Celtic our Colt team?
Don't understand what you mean. Are you confusing what some posters are saying with the unknown (to us) targets that Hibs are going for? We do have a player identification and recruitment team, but I don't expect them to give us all a heads up in their signing targets! Why do you think they are not doing their job? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

madhatter
21-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Don't understand what you mean. Are you confusing what some posters are saying with the unknown (to us) targets that Hibs are going for? We do have a player identification and recruitment team, but I don't expect them to give us all a heads up in their signing targets! Why do you think they are not doing their job? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

There seems to be an acceptance/excitement over potentially going after an array of 5 current/ex-Celtic players and that is a worrying prospect. I was merely pointing out why do we have player identification and recruitment people if this is what is rumoured to be happening.

I hope the number of rumoured signings with Celtic connections are just that, a rumour, but I'm worried that most seem to be content to get scraps off the Celtic table rather than look for options elsewhere.

I'm fully aware it is fan based rumours but I'm concerned that many seem to be happy clappers as soon as an ex-Celtic player is mentioned. Stokes and Henderson is understandable in this regard but Commons and Maloney, really?

Slavers
21-06-2017, 11:31 AM

It looks like we are going to do just that. I'd have liked to have kept FF don't get me wrong but I can see the reasons why lennon has let him go.

madhatter
21-06-2017, 11:37 AM
It looks like we are going to do just that. I'd have liked to have kept FF don't get me wrong but I can see the reasons why lennon has let him go.

No chance Scott Martin is starting every week and Lennon will not see him as Fyvie replacement.

Slavers
21-06-2017, 11:39 AM
No chance Scott Martin is starting every week and Lennon will not see him as Fyvie replacement.

FF didn't start every week.

WeeRussell
21-06-2017, 11:44 AM
What is the point having a Player Recruitment role (Mathie is his name if I remember correctly) if we are just going to give Celtic a call?

Sorry but other teams have had much success without looking for Celtic rejects. I have no problem with signing 1-2 but come on, if the top of our shortlist is a list of 5 Celtic players that's hardly encouraging is it?

Hearts have also signed decent players historically through their recruitment - Djoum, Cowie, Rossi, Berra. Good quality Celtic players can still be dross. The current list includes two 32+ players, one with well documented back problems...fact he played regularly for Celtic 3 years ago means what? Maloney has played how many games in the last 2 years? At this rate we will be called "Celtic OAP FC". Are Celtic our Colt team?

You are aware that only one of those 5 players listed are Celtic players... and he has already played a season with us, been a hit, and is now a scottish cup legend?

Or do you just want to rule out anyone with any previous link to Celtic and take a punt on someone we've never heard of and probably won't have the same ability?

madhatter
21-06-2017, 11:47 AM
FF didn't start every week.

He started more games than Scott Martin and if you think Scott Martin will play as many as Fyvie did this season I think we will be in relegation fight. Scott Martin has a bright future but he's played what 10 times total for us in the Championship but is then going to become an integral part of our main squad when we are promoted...

Just doesn't add up.

madhatter
21-06-2017, 11:52 AM
You are aware that only one of those 5 players listed are Celtic players... and he has already played a season with us, been a hit, and is now a scottish cup legend?

Or do you just want to rule out anyone with any previous link to Celtic and take a punt on someone we've never heard of and probably won't have the same ability?

Stokes was pretty poor most of the season barring the Scottish Cup final, no? Maybe I watched a different Hibs but barring that stupendous game in May he honestly struggled in the Championship...

Bizarre really given the abuse Malonga got...which seems to have been mainly about his lack of work rate which is a laugh when you compare his to Stokes! Pretty similar in that regard.

You are aware I put current/ex-Celtic players also.

Signing a ex-Celtic or current Celtic player isn't taking a "punt"? Why is that, is their some sort of guarantee that comes with such signings? Not meant as a dig at McGeouch but I think we must have missed the guarantee with him? Celtic knew he was injury prone and offloaded. Great player but...

Ozyhibby
21-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Scott Martin should have forced his way into the team by now. At 20 years old he has not played nearly enough first team football and if he is not in the team this season then his future will not be at Hibs.

superfurryhibby
21-06-2017, 11:57 AM
He started more games than Scott Martin and if you think Scott Martin will play as many as Fyvie did this season I think we will be in relegation fight. Scott Martin has a bright future but he's played what 10 times total for us in the Championship but is then going to become an integral part of our main squad when we are promoted...

Just doesn't add up.

What if Martin shows he is able to step up and make an impact? If he doesn't do this during the coming season then his time at Hibs will be over soon enough. Plenty on here rate him highly, Fyvie didn't impress for much of last season and wasn't a regular starter during the last 4-5 months. Lennon obviously felt he wasn't good enough or that others (Bartley) offered more.

I wouldn't worry too much about relegation and how many games Martin will play if I were you. We still have plenty of time to sign people, ex Celtic players or otherwise.

rodhibs55
21-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Stokes was pretty poor most of the season barring the Scottish Cup final, no? Maybe I watched a different Hibs but barring that stupendous game in May he honestly struggled in the Championship...

Bizarre really given the abuse Malonga got...which seems to have been mainly about his lack of work rate which is a laugh when you compare his to Stokes! Pretty similar in that regard.

Signing a ex-Celtic or current Celtic player isn't taking a "punt"? Why is that, is their some sort of guarantee that comes with such signings?

Stokes is actually an ex Hibs player (I believe we sold him to Celtic) as well as being ex Arsenal, ex Sunderland, and currently a Blackburn Rovers player.

We should get over the ex whoever (in particular Celtic) fixation and concentrate more on the actual quality of the player or players we are trying to get in.

madhatter
21-06-2017, 12:05 PM
What if Martin shows he is able to step up and make an impact? If he doesn't do this during the coming season then his time at Hibs will be over soon enough. Plenty on here rate him highly, Fyvie didn't impress for much of last season and wasn't a regular starter during the last 4-5 months. Lennon obviously felt he wasn't good enough or that others (Bartley) offered more.

I wouldn't worry too much about relegation and how many games Martin will play if I were you. We still have plenty of time to sign people, ex Celtic players or otherwise.

I don't worry about relegation, season hasn't started yet but let's be honest our youngsters rarely look like they are going to make it these days. Fyvie didn't impress this season I agree with that but to replace him with Scott Martin is bizarre as he's 20 but barely played. Comparing to Brown, Thomson, Whittaker et al he's miles behind and honestly looks like someone who will be offloaded like Harris and I'd imagine Stanton and Handling. I don't know what the problem is, mental strength or drive...I just don't know why they fail to force themselves through.

Problem Scott Martin has is he is quite short and slight which in his position means his opponents have a competitive edge, Stevenson is going to be bombarded at LB next season guaranteed for the same reason - his height. Scott Martin is very competitive and fights for the ball but hasn't really shown more than that. Hope he breaks through but Murray and Shaw have more chance in my eyes.

Ozyhibby
Stokes is actually an ex Hibs player (I believe we sold him to Celtic) as well as being ex Arsenal, ex Sunderland, and currently a Blackburn Rovers player.

We should get over the ex whoever (in particular Celtic) fixation and concentrate more on the actual quality of the player or players we are trying to get in.

Correct. Sign the best quality we can afford no matter where they came from. That includes the like of Kyle Lafferty.

superfurryhibby

Signing a ex-Celtic or current Celtic player isn't taking a "punt"? Why is that, is their some sort of guarantee that comes with such signings? Not meant as a dig at McGeouch but I think we must have missed the guarantee with him? Celtic knew he was injury prone and offloaded. Great player but...

Stokes' work rate was fantastic and as for McGeouch, ask how we didn't know about his injury issues. Buyer beware springs to mind.

madhatter
21-06-2017, 12:06 PM

100%

Was Stokes pretty poor in the Championship for us out with that day in May though?

madhatter
21-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Stokes' work rate was fantastic and as for McGeouch, ask how we didn't know about his injury issues. Buyer beware springs to mind.

Stokes work rate was not fantastic, sorry. Holt's workrate this season was fantastic considering his age and physique. Stokes was like Malonga, made runs out wide and worked quite hard when attacking to make space but defensively getting back into a defensive shape etc. he was very lazy.

I'd take Malonga back if we could, what's people's thoughts on that?

lumbo_hfc
21-06-2017, 12:17 PM
100%

Was Stokes pretty poor in the Championship for us out with that day in May though?

From the moment he signed til he left, he was our best striker. Him and keatings playing together was our best combo.

high bee
21-06-2017, 12:19 PM

We had him on loan before we signed him too which makes it more baffling.

Ozyhibby
21-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Stokes work rate was not fantastic, sorry. Holt's workrate this season was fantastic considering his age and physique. Stokes was like Malonga, made runs out wide and worked quite hard when attacking to make space but defensively getting back into a defensive shape etc. he was very lazy.

I'd rather not take Malonga back.

MWHIBBIES
21-06-2017, 12:25 PM
We had him on loan before we signed him too which makes it more baffling.It isn't baffling, he is a class player who was worth the risk.

rodhibs55
21-06-2017, 01:59 PM
I'd rather not take Malonga back.

Deffo have Malonga back. - Quality

mcohibs
21-06-2017, 02:03 PM

100% take King Dom back

oldbutdim
21-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Correct. Sign the best quality we can afford no matter where they came from.

Spot on.
:thumbsup:

That includes the like of Kyle Lafferty.

Reported.

RossScott1991
21-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Looking forward to fixture release on Friday, something to get excited about. Have to keep telling myself its only 21/06 and to remain patient for new signings.

I reckon Hibs will have a cracking stiker signed up to get the fans excited. Hibs back in FIFA 18 also a bonus for anyone that plays!

Sioux
21-06-2017, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter;5077150] I don't know what the problem is, ...I just don't know.......QUOTE]
:greengrin

You need to calm doon. What a state to get yourself in.

madhatter
21-06-2017, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter;5077150] I don't know what the problem is, ...I just don't know.......QUOTE]
:greengrin

You need to calm doon. What a state to get yourself in.

Eh? That's not even a quote hence why you failed at doing it...

Got to give you a :top marks for effort though.

Hamish
21-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Stephen Hendrie, former Hamilton left back, released by Wet Spam. Could be a few clubs up here interested.

Smartie
21-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Stephen Hendrie, former Hamilton left back, released by Wet Spam. Could be a few clubs up here interested.

CUE a million crap snooker puns.

Baw187
21-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Stokes work rate was good at Hibs even before the final. Once he got in to his stride (which admittedly took some time) he was at the heart of everything going forward and was strong in the link up play.

As for signing loads of ex Celtic players, the thing is, they are usually pretty good having won leagues and played in the CL so not sure what the problem is.

And as for Mcgeouch. If fit, he's miles ahead of anyone else we have and is the lynch pin that turns defence in to attack really quickly, which is often our probable when he doesn't play.

That's my tuppence worth on the debate.

Hamish
21-06-2017, 03:10 PM

Far too many sensible posters on here for that to happen.

NthCarolinaHibs
21-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Chalk that up to a bad break...

Ken
21-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Far too many sensible posters on here for that to happen.

Give it a rest

Brightside
21-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Quicker the new season starts the better.

Springbank
21-06-2017, 04:51 PM

He'll end up at Queens Park.
The Spiders

jacomo
21-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Deffo have Malonga back. - Quality

:agree:

And pair him with Stokes, for a high quality / low consistency front line.

Also quite hopeful for Fraser Murray breaking into team on a regular basis.

WeeRussell
21-06-2017, 05:30 PM

Re Malonga - I absolutely would take him back, yes. But as seems to be your habit on this thread, you've totally missed my point and gone off on a tangent about Stokes, when I was referring to henderson (the only current Celtic player from that list).

I did notice you said ex or current, hence I asked if your issue is with anyone who has ever player for Celtic. And if that's the case, all the discussion in the world isn't going to change such a strange stance. you were referring to simply "giving Celtic a call" which wouldn't be necessary for all but one of those players.

Finally, no there isn't a guarantee when signing a player that used to or currently plays for Celtic. Again, my point is that there's more of an assurance of the type of player you're getting if you're actually familiar with them, and this shouldn't be discounted just because they once played for a team we hate.

PatHead
21-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Nothing is an excuse, only facts. Lennon & Stokes are on holiday, Fact! Marciano & Stokes are under contract, probably until 30 June 2018, Fact! Those Facts don't stop transfers happening but they make things more complex & result in delays. As I said originally I'm sure LD is as keen as us to announce signings asap. Just keep the faith for a little longer.

Marciano is under contract and his club wants silly money. It will take time and we will have plans for alternatives. Leeann goes on holiday soon so don't know what effect that will have on business. Sorry if the panicker in chief goes into overdrive now.

madhatter
21-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Re Malonga - I absolutely would take him back, yes. But as seems to be your habit on this thread, you've totally missed my point and gone off on a tangent about Stokes, when I was referring to henderson (the only current Celtic player from that list).

I did notice you said ex or current, hence I asked if your issue is with anyone who has ever player for Celtic. And if that's the case, all the discussion in the world isn't going to change such a strange stance. you were referring to simply "giving Celtic a call" which wouldn't be necessary for all but one of those players.

Finally, no there isn't a guarantee when signing a player that used to or currently plays for Celtic. Again, my point is that there's more of an assurance of the type of player you're getting if you're actually familiar with them, and this shouldn't be discounted just because they once played for a team we hate.

No tangent intended really but I see where you are coming from. Henderson is similar to Stokes in that regard though. Played in a team that won us the cup but struggled in the Championship.

I'd love Henderson to return in a way but always feel like we are not making moves forward by resigning players that have left. Celtic will also charge us a premium unless they are getting McGinn.

Are we expecting to succeed in the top division by signing players that failed in a league with a very weak Rangers team - Henderson and Stokes? That's the point I'm making. 2 players that didn't stand out in the league like Allan did and 3 others who are 30+. Dundee have Allan on loan, if we sign Henderson should we be more excited than Dundee fans?

I don't care where Hibs sign the players but I want them not to be 30+ and/or with injury issues. I also see where you are coming from but Butcher couldn't get the best out of Owain Tudor Jones when he was Hibs manager and Pat Fenlon probably thought he had assurances over what type of player he was getting when he signed him (stand out in the Caley team).

We were assured that McGeouch was the player, signed him up and have a 15 games a season midfielder since (don't get me wrong, good player when fit). Assurances and guarantees mean nothing in football. Get the best players for the way we are going to play, forget player loyalty and manager/player relationships. It's not like we are talking Conte bringing Bonucci to the club here...

Maloney hasn't played much recently and is 30+, Commons has well documented injury issues now and is 30+, Stokes is contracted and is what, 29? plus in my eyes struggled to stand out in Championship, Henderson is 21 and under contract plus mad Celtic fan, Mulgrew is 31 and is contracted. We looking to spend money to get one of these or are we targeting two 34 year olds?

WeeRussell
21-06-2017, 07:25 PM
No tangent intended really but I see where you are coming from. Henderson is similar to Stokes in that regard though. Played in a team that won us the cup but struggled in the Championship.

I'd love Henderson to return in a way but always feel like we are not making moves forward by resigning players that have left. Celtic will also charge us a premium unless they are getting McGinn.

Are we expecting to succeed in the top division by signing players that failed in a league with a very weak Rangers team - Henderson and Stokes? That's the point I'm making. 2 players that didn't stand out in the league like Allan did and 3 others who are 30+. Dundee have Allan on loan, if we sign Henderson should we be more excited than Dundee fans?

I don't care where Hibs sign the players but I want them not to be 30+ and/or with injury issues. I also see where you are coming from but Butcher couldn't get the best out of Owain Tudor Jones when he was Hibs manager and Pat Fenlon probably thought he had assurances over what type of player he was getting when he signed him (stand out in the Caley team).

We were assured that McGeouch was the player, signed him up and have a 15 games a season midfielder since (don't get me wrong, good player when fit). Assurances and guarantees mean nothing in football. Get the best players for the way we are going to play, forget player loyalty and manager/player relationships. It's not like we are talking Conte bringing Bonucci to the club here...

Maloney hasn't played much recently and is 30+, Commons has well documented injury issues now and is 30+, Stokes is contracted and is what, 29? plus in my eyes struggled to stand out in Championship, Henderson is 21 and under contract plus mad Celtic fan, Mulgrew is 31 and is contracted. We looking to spend money to get one of these or are we targeting two 34 year olds?

What you're saying here makes more sense to me and I agree with much of what you say as it happens.

I've made no secret of my appreciation for Allan's ability and had it been us that got him instead of Dundee, i would be more excited about that than Henderson etc, from a footballing perspective. I also have said in the past that, while talented, Mcgeough's importance and contribution is, in my
Opinion, very overplayed on here.

I think we actually agree on a fair bit - it was only the Celtic link that i wanted to make a point about.

Oh.. but we're disagreed on stokes. I would absolutely love him back.

madhatter
21-06-2017, 08:04 PM
What you're saying here makes more sense to me and I agree with much of what you say as it happens.

I've made no secret of my appreciation for Allan's ability and had it been us that got him instead of Dundee, i would be more excited about that than Henderson etc, from a footballing perspective. I also have said in the past that, while talented, Mcgeough's importance and contribution is, in my
Opinion, very overplayed on here.

I think we actually agree on a fair bit - it was only the Celtic link that i wanted to make a point about.

Oh.. but we're disagreed on stokes. I would absolutely love him back.

Even Stokes to be honest we agree on partially. I have no problem with Stokes coming back but it needs to suit Lennon's plan. If it does I have no problem with it and will support him like any other player for Hibs. Just concerned that default seems to be previous players returning or some with Celtic connection.

Big L
22-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Great to have Marciano back permanent GGTTH

MacGruber
22-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Great to have Marciano back permanent GGTTH

Is Big L a reincarnate Big Mo? If so I'll believe it's done as the big Mo fella knew his stuff. Not saying Big L doesn't mind lol
GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Is Big L a reincarnate Big Mo? If so I'll believe it's done as the big Mo fella knew his stuff. Not saying Big L doesn't mind lol
GGTTH

Big Mo has not changed his username, still Big Mo....

cabbageandribs1875
22-06-2017, 02:35 PM
sky sources: Brentford to sign Dundee united midfielder Ali Coote to 'B' Team setup today

i've never heard of him :greengrin

GordonHFC
22-06-2017, 03:34 PM
sky sources: Brentford to sign Dundee united midfielder Ali Coote to 'B' Team setup today

i've never heard of him :greengrin

He is the son of Baldaza.

CMurdoch
22-06-2017, 03:42 PM
He is the son of Baldaza.

And the brother of Getthefeq

AlbertK86
22-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Played in victory shield a couple of seasons and looked very good

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

RossScott1991
22-06-2017, 05:24 PM
ScottishFootballNews Tweet:
Liam Henderson expected to sign a 3 Year Deal at Hibernian

Just to get that one up and running again no heard hendo rumour for while now haha

hibs#1
22-06-2017, 05:27 PM

Just to get that one up and running again no heard hendo rumour for while now haha

I saw a rumour on Twitter (very unreliable source) Whittaker and a guy called Isaac lomax from club brugge to be confirmed tomorrow.

Heisenberg
22-06-2017, 05:28 PM

Saw a few tweets linking him with a move to Aberdeen.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Saw a few tweets linking him with a move to Aberdeen.

Now that would be really, really bad [emoji26]

Betty Boop
22-06-2017, 05:39 PM

According to Kerrydale St he's heading to Aberdeen.

madhatter
22-06-2017, 05:40 PM
I saw a rumour on Twitter (very unreliable source) Whittaker and a guy called Isaac lomax from club brugge to be confirmed tomorrow.

Isaac Lomax?

WoreTheGreen
22-06-2017, 05:40 PM
Now that would be really, really bad [emoji26]

Off topic but your user name makes me laugh everytime

Elephant Stone
22-06-2017, 05:44 PM
According to Kerrydale St he's heading to Aberdeen.

I will be physically sick if this happens.

Heisenberg
22-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Hendo and Christie play in the same position so I'd be surprised to see Aberdeen sign him.

Yuillsy
22-06-2017, 05:55 PM
If Hendo went to Aberdeen I'd lock myself in my room and cry for days!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bingo70
22-06-2017, 06:07 PM

There doesn't appear to be a player called Isaac Lomax so got to doubt the credibility of that tweet.

Borderhibbie76
22-06-2017, 06:43 PM
If Hendo went to Aberdeen I'd lock myself in my room and cry for days!!

If he is available and we don't get him...it will be a hard one to take for sure mate

hibs#1
22-06-2017, 08:08 PM
There doesn't appear to be a player called Isaac Lomax so got to doubt the credibility of that tweet.

Like I said unreliable source.couldn't find a player on Google called that.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Off topic but your user name makes me laugh everytime

Regretted it a wee bit when he suddenly started scoring against us every game but hey ho [emoji16] the fact remains that he was, and still is, a fat *******

Zazu62
24-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Thought we might have had a couple in by now

madhatter
24-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Thought we might have had a couple in by now

We're just waiting on the scraps probably!

RedHibby
24-06-2017, 11:40 PM
It looks like we have not learned anything from previous seasons in regard to getting your business done early.

JohnM1875
24-06-2017, 11:51 PM
Folk are kidding with the paranoia right? It's actually still SO early in the transfer window! And we've already signed Ambrose, Swanson, Murray and if it's to be believed Marciano. I totally agree we need a good few more signings. But it is so early in the transfer window I'm not one the least bit worried!

California-Hibs
25-06-2017, 12:54 AM
It looks like we have not learned anything from previous seasons in regard to getting your business done early.

Behave! It's still bloody June!!

Brads Laing
25-06-2017, 01:08 AM
Folk are kidding with the paranoia right? It's actually still SO early in the transfer window! And we've already signed Ambrose, Swanson, Murray and if it's to be believed Marciano. I totally agree we need a good few more signings. But it is so early in the transfer window I'm not one the least bit worried!

It's laughable!! We've not even played our first friendly yet!

madhatter
25-06-2017, 01:55 AM

It's hardly paranoia, we've lost our top goal scorer for the past 3 seasons and start competitive games in little over 3 weeks. It's not the league or anything but surely you want to get your starting line up used to playing with each other in that period rather than in the first 5-10 league matches?

Currently we've lost 20 goals a season, do you know where that's coming from now?

I'm not worried but for a team that's coming up which already needed strengthened in midfield and upfront before we lost Cummings, it's strange how little business we've done early. 3 players whilst losing what 5 from a threadbare squad and people say we've done good business early. We've got a smaller squad and lost 20 goals a season?!?

JohnM1875
25-06-2017, 02:02 AM
It's hardly paranoia, we've lost our top goal scorer for the past 3 seasons and start competitive games in little over 3 weeks. It's not the league or anything but surely you want to get your starting line up used to playing with each other in that period rather than in the first 5-10 league matches?

Currently we've lost 20 goals a season, do you know where that's coming from now?

I'm not worried but for a team that's coming up which already needed strengthened in midfield and upfront before we lost Cummings, it's strange how little business we've done early. 3 players whilst losing what 5 from a threadbare squad and people say we've done good business early. We've got a smaller squad and lost 20 goals a season?!?

We haven't done much business because it's ridiculously early in the transfer window though. Folk on holiday etc. Look around. Have any of the teams in the league made any great signings so far?

Losing Cummings is a sickener for sure! Can't deny that. But I don't doubt for a second we'll sign a few good strikers in this window. I actually have faith in this board which is a bizarre thing for me to have!

We didn't sign Boyce, fair enough, but was he even a target?! We have so much time to sign players and I think we'll announce one or two this upcoming week. It isn't even July yet man.

Nemo
25-06-2017, 02:45 AM

NL doesn't want the usual sh*te,

He wants 2 or 3 high quality signings from now on,

So he's waiting, for ST sales to peak, so he has the best chance of getting a higher quality signing in.

MWHIBBIES
25-06-2017, 03:17 AM
It looks like we have not learned anything from previous seasons in regard to getting your business done early.We have made 3 permanent signings already, how many have others teams made?

This ''Hibs don't do business early'' thing is a total myth as well, so many examples to debunk it.

pacorosssco
25-06-2017, 04:06 AM

Yes and compare with dons who have lost and stil losing best players

Thecat23
25-06-2017, 05:29 AM

Loads of players contracts don't end till 30th June. So many targets will sign after this. Think folk need to calm themselves down a bit here!

Onceinawhile
25-06-2017, 06:50 AM

Well Danny Swanson got 15 last season and Simon Murray got quite a few too. So that'll help.

Col2
25-06-2017, 07:43 AM
I agree, too early to panic and sounds like all the noises suggest quality and some surprises round the corner. Mid July (3 weeks away) is when I would start to be concerned if we haven't brought in at least a couple and ideally at least one new striker by then.

MacGruber
25-06-2017, 07:56 AM

Hopefully signings round the corner though it's closer to 35 goals we've lost when you factor in Holt & Keatings too. Albeit it would be around 35 in the championship. Thats what needing replaced more than anything else. As everyone realises. Murray & Swanson will help of course though that's still way to short at the moment

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 09:25 AM
We have league cup matches starting in 3 weeks time and are now back in preseason. We've lost our top scorer, now talk of Mcginn going...glad ur so calm mate....this summer started well with a lot of business done early...it's seriously stalling and we are in need of some positive signing news - sooner the better imo

Greenworld
25-06-2017, 09:47 AM
We have league cup matches starting in 3 weeks time and are now back in preseason. We've lost our top scorer, now talk of Mcginn going...glad ur so calm mate....this summer started well with a lot of business done early...it's seriously stalling and we are in need of some positive signing news - sooner the better imo

Don't care about the league cup as has been said this is rally the start of the transfer window do you seriously think Neil Lennon would sanction any move if he never had a plan to replace them

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Don't care about the league cup as has been said this is rally the start of the transfer window do you seriously think Neil Lennon would sanction any move if he never had a plan to replace them

Sorry but I do care about it...it's 1 of only 2 trophies we have a realistic chance of winning and should be taken seriously mate. I'm not expecting all out signings to be in place by 15 July but would be nice if we had a semblance of a team in place by then

Greenworld
25-06-2017, 09:52 AM

Danny swanson and Murray bring with them a combined 33 goals so that's sorted.
People seem to forget Murray was next highest scorer last season

CRAZYHIBBY
25-06-2017, 10:20 AM

In reality they come with a combined history of 33 goals from last season

Andy74
25-06-2017, 10:26 AM

And in reality Cummings had a history of zero top flight goals.

fat freddy
25-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Seeing reports on my twitter feed that Halliday, McKay and O'Halloran have been told to find other clubs or train with the kids at Auchenhowie. Obviously we cant sign Halliday as it would ruin our songbook but we need strikers and O'Halloran has shown with St Johnstone that he can score at this level, worth a punt? McKay being seen as surplus to requirements is a bit strange given that he was valued at £6 million when they were trying to persuade Red Bull to buy him.

Diclonius
25-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Would sign McKay in a heartbeat. He'll more than likely be away to some no-mark no-history English club who can pay him 5x our wages.

O'Halloran would be a more realistic (and good) signing.

Andy "please Allan, please come and play wi yer best pal at the Gers" Halliday can **** off.

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 11:06 AM
I see the EEN are reporting the Yams have signed that Man City left back on loan for season...hope he's as good as the last loaned we had from Man City

madhatter
25-06-2017, 11:10 AM

So our front 2 should just get used to playing with each other 5-10 games into the season? Or will our signings be super fit and have telepathic connection with all our current players?

Even if we get good signings, getting them after the league cup games would be a mistake, ideal opportunity to bed them in, they'll be competitive games but as you say, many fans "don't care" about the competition. Ideal preparation rather than the friendlies nonsense.

McIntosh
25-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Would anybody consider signing Nadir Ciftci?

JimBHibees
25-06-2017, 11:28 AM

Definitely decent player, bit moody however when on it is a class player.

Smartie
25-06-2017, 11:33 AM

I would, but it would be a signing with high disaster potential.

We's probably have to pay a decent fee, we'd have to pay big wages, he's potentially disruptive and he hasn't kicked a ball for a couple of years. Expectations of him would be very high.

He did well enough at United without being absolutely outstanding.

This is exactly the kind of transfer that has worked out very badly for us in the past.

Heisenberg
25-06-2017, 11:39 AM

Not if he was going to be expected to provide our main source of goals.

superfurryhibby
25-06-2017, 11:50 AM

Never let fact get in the way of mindless hysteria.

silverhibee
25-06-2017, 11:54 AM

The type of player Lennon will be looking to bring in to be our No 1 striker.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2017, 11:57 AM
I'd have liked Ciftci last season instead of Holt, he was the kind of player who could unsettle defenders, be a target man and score a few too.

No idea what he's like now though?

Diclonius
25-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Nadir Ciftci is an excellent "battering ram"-esque forward that we could use to great effect, especially in derbies.

I'd prefer him to Holt.

Wheat Hound
25-06-2017, 12:56 PM

Have you heard something 're him in your profession?

Greenworld
25-06-2017, 01:08 PM
All decisions on bringing players in are based on history ...
You speculate on youth and very few make it

CMurdoch
25-06-2017, 01:11 PM
I would, but it would be a signing with high disaster potential.

We's probably have to pay a decent fee, we'd have to pay big wages, he's potentially disruptive and he hasn't kicked a ball for a couple of years. Expectations of him would be very high.

He did well enough at United without being absolutely outstanding.

This is exactly the kind of transfer that has worked out very badly for us in the past.

He only has a year of his contract left and I Think Celtic just want rid of him as he is of no use to them.
As he is a bam it is unlikely that any team will pay a fee for him so we can get him in.
We could minimize our risk by taking him on loan for the season and if it works out offer him a pre contract in January.

Was a strong quality target man at Dundee Utd and is still young
Hasn't done anything since moving to Celtic but we know he can do it at this level.
Bring him in early for a good pre season and more importantly to get his mojo back.
That would leave us to concentrate on signing a poacher.

Mikey
25-06-2017, 02:07 PM

:tub4:

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Just seen on twitter Hertz have had a £100k bid for Chris cadden from Well turned down...is he any good??

SouthMoroccoStu
25-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Just seen on twitter Hertz have had a £100k bid for Chris cadden from Well turned down...is he any good??

The bigger question is where would they get £100k - unless they planned to pay over 100,000 monthly installments

Cocaine&Caviar
25-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Stephen Hendrie just released by West Ham.

Left back, 22 years old, played 100 games for Hamilton and looked a real prospect.

Could provide competition for Stevenson.

Worth a trial?

mcfly
25-06-2017, 04:08 PM
There is no way hibs will not have players lined up or already signed.

Cummings deal will have been in the offing so we will have targets lined up.

I'd reckon announcements in next week - 10 days

Thecat23
25-06-2017, 04:10 PM
There is no way hibs will not have players lined up or already signed.

Cummings deal will have been in the offing so we will have targets lined up.

I'd reckon announcements in next week - 10 days

100% this.

silverhibee
25-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Loads of players contracts don't end till 30th June. So many targets will sign after this. Think folk need to calm themselves down a bit here!

If they are coming to the end of the contract then they would be able to sign now, they wouldn't need to wait until there contract runs out.

Maybe more to do with players on holidays, but I'm sure we will see new players in before the season starts and folk can cool the jets.

neil7908
25-06-2017, 04:19 PM

Left back, 22 years old, played 100 games for Hamilton and looked a real prospect.

Worth a trial?

I don't remember a huge amount about him but would think he's worth a look. I think we have much less cover on at side of the defence.

WoreTheGreen
25-06-2017, 04:21 PM
100% this.

I think the new signings are or will be inplace already and will be announced in due course. RP was in ER yesterday till 3pm but non committal about new signings

SRHibs
25-06-2017, 04:23 PM
I don't remember a huge amount about him but would think he's worth a look. I think we have much less cover on at side of the defence.

Aye, if LS gets injured we're snookered.

tamig
25-06-2017, 05:31 PM
The bigger question is where would they get £100k - unless they planned to pay over 100,000 monthly installments

That was my first thought. They desperately need cash for the stand so I'd doubt they'd be in a position to pay any transfer fees - never mind a six figure one.

MartinfaePorty
25-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Lenny's signing targets look a bit over the hill!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170625/a778ae78da258470c13c1f4049e62bc1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
25-06-2017, 05:53 PM
That was my first thought. They desperately need cash for the stand so I'd doubt they'd be in a position to pay any transfer fees - never mind a six figure one.

That lot have quite consistently said that the stand doesn't affect the football budget. They are two different things apparently. Which is absolute garbage.

So in other words, they haven't learnt from previous mistakes and they'll spend money they don't have on the team. For all they were absolutely garbage, a lot of the foreign boys they signed weren't coming in for peanuts. Worth remembering they shelled out a fair amount on Goncalves in January as well.

CraigHibee
25-06-2017, 06:02 PM

someone's been dipping budge... sorry i mean the cow

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-06-2017, 06:07 PM
That lot have quite consistently said that the stand doesn't affect the football budget. They are two different things apparently. Which is absolute garbage.

So in other words, they haven't learnt from previous mistakes and they'll spend money they don't have on the team. For all they were absolutely garbage, a lot of the foreign boys they signed weren't coming in for peanuts. Worth remembering they shelled out a fair amount on Goncalves in January as well.

Their 'two different budgets' chat reminds me of their 'we owe it to ourselves' chat. Begging for loose change out fans pockets to finish their stand whilst they have a separate pot of money for players. Fannies.

IanM
25-06-2017, 06:15 PM
Fyvie to st Johnstone 3 year deal

cabbageandribs1875
25-06-2017, 06:25 PM

good deal for him, would have liked it to have been with us instead

SouthMoroccoStu
25-06-2017, 06:25 PM

Someone on bounce saying the same

Big shame

bingo70
25-06-2017, 06:29 PM

Good deal for both parties.

I'm quite relieved as I think he'd have been a good signing for Hearts.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2017, 06:32 PM
And folk said he wouldnt get a top 4 club when he left us.

Hamish
25-06-2017, 06:45 PM

Worth a trial?

I mentioned him last week though the consensus was he would probably have offers down south.

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 06:53 PM
That's the Yams now linked with signing Alan McGregor in the EEN - wtf?? Where is their money coming from???

Wheat Hound
25-06-2017, 06:55 PM
That's the Yams now linked with signing Alan McGregor in the EEN - wtf?? Where is their money coming from???

They're just assembling their Sevco 2011 tribute to play against our Celtc tribute team next season 😉

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 06:57 PM
They're just assembling their Sevco 2011 tribute to play against our Celtc tribute team next season 😉
I just don't get where they are getting the money for the likes of Lafferty and McGregor s wages?? If these signings come off its a fair statement of intent but how they are financing it is anyone's guess... ???

Velma Dinkley
25-06-2017, 07:17 PM
I just don't get where they are getting the money for the likes of Lafferty and McGregor s wages?? If these signings come off its a fair statement of intent but how they are financing it is anyone's guess... ???

It would be a massive coo.

oneone73
25-06-2017, 07:22 PM
And folk said he wouldnt get a top 4 club when he left us.

He did. Or were you being sarcastic?

cabbageandribs1875
25-06-2017, 07:40 PM
He did. Or were you being sarcastic?

don't think he's being sarcastic...just stating a fact, some on here thought it would be all downhill for FF after he left ER ?

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2017, 07:44 PM
don't think he's being sarcastic...just stating a fact, some on here thought it would be all downhill for FF after he left ER ?

:agree: If this is true, St Johnstone have themselves a very good player.

Heisenberg
25-06-2017, 07:46 PM
What's taking so long with Whittaker? It was an apparent done deal about two weeks ago.

BlackSheep
25-06-2017, 07:50 PM

Was really hoping the situation would resolve itself and he would stay. Disappointed is an understatement.

GordonHFC
25-06-2017, 07:59 PM
What's taking so long with Whittaker? It was an apparent done deal about two weeks ago.

Don't think his contract with Norwich ends until next Friday.

Big L
25-06-2017, 08:09 PM
As it stands we have no players on loan, I would have thought we would have been exploring that route, maybe bring in 1 or 2 young talent from English Prem. If it's good enough for Celtic and the yams well!

Aldo
25-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Hibs with a massive loss and St Johnstone with a massive gain regarding FF.

I was really hoping we could have kept him!

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Don't think his contract with Norwich ends until next Friday.
Repeat this enough and it becomes true...it's nonsense mate

makaveli1875
25-06-2017, 08:16 PM
Hibs with a massive loss and St Johnstone with a massive gain regarding FF.

I was really hoping we could have kept him!

weve gained someone far better from them so its not all bad

Aldo
25-06-2017, 08:20 PM
weve gained someone far better from them so its not all bad

Different players for me. Room fir them both IMHO!.

Swanson brings something different with goals.

I really like FF but Heay Ho we will need to move in!

Kato
25-06-2017, 08:22 PM

When did his contract finish?

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 08:24 PM
I mean it's nonsense he cannot sign until the 30th June - u can sign another contract with any club in your final 6 months of your current deal...like we did with Swanson.

bingo70
25-06-2017, 08:25 PM

It's irrelevant after the last game of the season is played.

He would just sign for us starting from x date. If our pre-season starts a week before the end of his contract Norwich aren't exactly going to try and charge a fee for a week.

GordonHFC
25-06-2017, 08:33 PM
I mean it's nonsense he cannot sign until the 30th June - u can sign another contract with any club in your final 6 months of your current deal...like we did with Swanson.

He could sign a pre contract agreement which is a notification he will sign at the end of his contract.

BoomtownHibees
25-06-2017, 08:40 PM
He's still on holiday

Speedway
25-06-2017, 08:41 PM
As theories go, this could be a bit out there but...

...maybe the reason we haven't had confirmation of anyone signing is because we haven't signed anyone?

Just a thought.

J-C
25-06-2017, 08:48 PM

A player who won't come back to haunt us, doesn't score or create and as many bad days as good.

Jack Hackett
25-06-2017, 08:49 PM

A lot of people can't seem to recognise the difference between signing and registration. A player can sign for a club, but he can't be registered with the relevant Association until the window opens on the 1st July

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 08:52 PM

...maybe the reason we haven't had confirmation of anyone signing is because we haven't signed anyone?

Just a thought.
Absolutely this mate - but no apparently they are lined up and they are all magically going to be announced once we get the 30th June out the way. I've no doubt Hibs are working away trying to get players signed, but all this done deal nonsense is well...nonsense

bookert
25-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Gary Hooper on loan I hear.

Heisenberg
25-06-2017, 09:42 PM

Did you hear this from anyone reliable? I would be utterly delighted with that but that would surely be a deal that's out of our price range.

MKHIBEE
25-06-2017, 09:44 PM

Just a thought.

Behave, no place for common sense on Hibs.net

S4uzee
25-06-2017, 09:44 PM

No chance 🤣

Tobias Funke
25-06-2017, 09:45 PM

I wish you would keep your coupon shut.

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 09:47 PM
I wish you would keep your coupon shut.
Charming 👍

Borderhibbie76
25-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Did you hear this from anyone reliable? I would be utterly delighted with that but that would surely be a deal that's out of our price range.
I saw something on Twitter earlier from one of those Hibs transfer accounts...not always the most reliable mate - as u say if true would be an excellent signing

CMurdoch
25-06-2017, 09:55 PM

Would be great but can't see it for the usual financial reasons.
Sheff Wed signed him for £3 million and he still has 2 years of his contract to run and will no doubt be on big bucks.

QMU-1875
25-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Gary Hooper would be a great signing but if Wikipedia is anything to go by it'd appear he had a reasonably good season last year?

MacGruber
25-06-2017, 10:47 PM

Said on the Whittaker thread that folk were jumping the gun with 'done deal' - it's not yet as far as I know. But it is close... I hope..

MWHIBBIES
25-06-2017, 11:18 PM
weve gained someone far better from them so its not all badNo we haven't. We've gained a different player, not a better one. Fyvie is a cracking player and we're going to miss him.

Unseen work
25-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Not a hope in hell we will get Gary Hooper....cmon now folks

SirDavidsNapper
26-06-2017, 12:33 AM
Starting to get frustrated at lack of signings forgetting we've signed 3 and it's still June. Patience isn't my stong point.

Dunbar Hibee
26-06-2017, 01:01 AM
I saw something on Twitter earlier from one of those Hibs transfer accounts...not always the most reliable mate - as u say if true would be an excellent signing

Unfortunately Twitter is full of spraffing *******s who make up ridiculous rumours and claim to be 'in the know.

Unfortunately this is 100% one of those occasions. If I were you, I would unfollow that page, for talking utter *****. Attention seekers.

The Leith Dutch
26-06-2017, 07:12 AM
Starting to get frustrated at lack of signings forgetting we've signed 3 and it's still June. Patience isn't my stong point.

Good sensible post :)

I think folk are probably understandably nervous because we don't have the main striker in and there's talk of McGinn being off but overall I think it's in a decent place.

Defence is in a very healthy state - particularly if we're resigning Marciano.

We're a centre mid down in FF so that'll need fixed.

Attacking players wise we're down Cummings, Holt, Keatings and Humphrey.
We're up Murray and Swanson which, while not like for like feels like an upgrade on Keatings and Humphrey.

We're looking for 3 for squad parity with last year and, assuming NL and LD have known Cummings was offski, you'd hope they must have clear targets for a first choice goalscorer to replace him.

MacGruber
26-06-2017, 07:57 AM

I think folk are probably understandably nervous because we don't have the main striker in and there's talk of McGinn being off but overall I think it's in a decent place.

We're up Murray and Swanson which, while not like for like feels like an upgrade on Keatings and Humphrey.

We're looking for 3 for squad parity with last year and, assuming NL and LD have known Cummings was offski, you'd hope they must have clear targets for a first choice goalscorer to replace him.

Not sure why Humphrey keeps getting counted and Shinnie not quoted - he played a bigger part last year. Obviously not quite memorable though ;)

The Leith Dutch
26-06-2017, 08:06 AM
Not sure why Humphrey keeps getting counted and Shinnie not quoted - he played a bigger part last year. Obviously not quite memorable though ;)

Balls - I knew there was someone I was forgetting from the attacking side.
Tbf I actually quite liked Shinnie - one of the few we had who could play an incisive through ball.
Presumably Swanson for Shinnie then which puts us one further back (depending on your thoughts on Humphrey).

Greenworld
26-06-2017, 08:23 AM

This time hough that would effect AB not any banks.
I doubt AB wants to be skint.
I agree though it's very tricky times a bad start to the season and the natives stop paying and you can see the problems mount.

Greenworld
26-06-2017, 08:27 AM

Just a thought.
[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji102] [emoji102] [emoji102] pishing myself

J-C
26-06-2017, 08:34 AM

You mention Humphrey who did the square root of sod all apart from the Dundee U game but in the same breath forget we resigned Boyle an attacking winger better than Humphrey was last season.

ian cruise
26-06-2017, 08:54 AM
You mention Humphrey who did the square root of sod all apart from the Dundee U game but in the same breath forget we resigned Boyle an attacking winger better than Humphrey was last season.

The point of the post was about improving or finding parity from last year. None of the players who re-signed were mentioned. We didn't need to replace Boyle because he re-signed but numerically we do need to replace Humphries, hopefully with someone who will make more of an impact.

The Leith Dutch
26-06-2017, 09:40 AM

Names listed were who left the club hence no mention of Boyle.
Totally agree about Humphrey not doing a great deal though in his defence he was injured badly.

Should have mentioned Shinnie who is a far bigger deal replacement wise than Humphrey as he played a lot of games.

Got a lot of time for Boyle anyway based on last season but if he kicks on this season could prove to be one of the best keeps of the closed season :)
Having him and Murray means we do at least have pace - a much quoted problem with the squad.

Callum_62
26-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Henderson could replace Shinnie.

RossScott1991
26-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Got to admit, im not quite at the panic stage yet regarding signings. However I am more at the concerned stage. This is 40 odd pages of complete twaddle regarding signings, I've yet to see anything solid regarding any of names mentioned. Only thing I've seen of Whittaker is a article in the sun.

I appreciate Hibs will be looking for things to be done quietly, and I do believe we will have targets identified. However the updates of Season Ticket sales are drying up, the only positive news in recent times was the release of the new kit. Hibs should be looking to announce something ASAP to get the ST sales back on the go, can't help but feel we are sleeping a little bit. Genuinely thought this was a year we could smash 13k + Season tickets, we might still. But I feel less positive than I did 2 week ago. Think Hibs have missed a good opportunity in providing weekly updates just to keep feel good factor rolling on. Even the Rocky transfer is dragging on, its probably tied up but it would be nice to read confirmation

Come on Hibs, announce a couple this week!

Oscar T Grouch
26-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Names listed were who left the club hence no mention of Boyle.
Totally agree about Humphrey not doing a great deal though in his defence he was injured badly.

Should have mentioned Shinnie who is a far bigger deal replacement wise than Humphrey as he played a lot of games.

Got a lot of time for Boyle anyway based on last season but if he kicks on this season could prove to be one of the best keeps of the closed season :)
Having him and Murray means we do at least have pace - a much quoted problem with the squad.

:agree: I have a feeling squirrel is gonna have a great season, there will be more space for him to run into in the top league (less teams playing 10 behind the ball). His game came on a long way last season and I can only see him improving.

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2017, 11:15 AM
A player who won't come back to haunt us, doesn't score or create and as many bad days as good.

77 games for Hibs, are you actually saying he was bad in nearly 40 of those? Total rubbish. Give me 10 examples where he played badly.

He creates plenty, go watch some highlights from the last 3 years and you'll see that.

J-C
26-06-2017, 11:25 AM
77 games for Hibs, are you actually saying he was bad in nearly 40 of those? Total rubbish. Give me 10 examples where he played badly.

He creates plenty, go watch some highlights from the last 3 years and you'll see that.

Where did you get 40 from, if you want to be pedantic then it's 38.5 games which is half.

I m not going to start scrolling through loads of matchday vids just to try and prove a point to you, this my opinion whether you like it or not and I'll not change my mind on Fyvie because you say so.

Back to not seeing your posts me thinks.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Greg Stewart is joining the sheep on a year loan deal

RamYer1902
26-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Greg Stewart set to sign for Aberdeen according to Sky.

RamYer1902
26-06-2017, 11:42 AM
There are some utterly neurotic ****s posting on this forum. Absolutely no patience whatsoever.

I don't think some people realise it's not even July yet...

Callum_62
26-06-2017, 11:43 AM
we are back in pre season now

im surprised we are still 5 or so short of what we need

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Where did you get 40 from, if you want to be pedantic then it's 38.5 games which is half.

I m not going to start scrolling through loads of matchday vids just to try and prove a point to you, this my opinion whether you like it or not and I'll not change my mind on Fyvie because you say so.

Back to not seeing your posts me thinks.That's why I said nearly 40...

Block my posts if you fancy mate, I'm just giving my opinion in response to yours. You are so defensive of your opinions. I never said you weren't entitled to it but there isn't much wrong with me challenging it or asking you to back it up with some discussion.

Fyvie was poor so often that he was first choice for Alan Stubbs and for much of Neil Lennons time here.

As I said in another thread, hopefully we can get a new scapegoat signed up asap.

LancsHibs
26-06-2017, 11:59 AM

Very disappointing news if true! Fingers out Hibs!

Ozyhibby
26-06-2017, 12:08 PM

It's not even June 30th yet?

snooky
26-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Very disappointing news if true! Fingers out Hibs!

Baaaaaa-d news indeed.

J-C
26-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Who says we were after Stewart, our dealings may well be done but can't be verified until players contracts are up on June 30th, remember our Window starts a lot earlier than most of Europe.

churchie16
26-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Who says we were after Stewart, our dealings may well be done but can't be verified until players contracts are up on June 30th, remember our Window starts a lot earlier than most of Europe.

Why would we not be after Greg stewart he scored goals a good left foot takes people on the kind of guy we're screaming out for after Cummings left.

Heisenberg
26-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Let's be honest we haven't signed anyone yet. If we had it would be announced. Im sure the Sun linked us with a loan move for Stewart a couple of times, I'm fairly disappointed as he's a good player at this level.

RossScott1991
26-06-2017, 12:22 PM
I don't think some people realise it's not even July yet...

We are under 2 weeks til our first game of the season, people underestimate pre season and having players in by then. Not panic yet but surely you would have liked some sort of clear idea who we are signing to score the goals in this team. Especially as it's going to be couple weeks of JC gone.

Ozyhibby
26-06-2017, 12:25 PM

Because the June 30th chat on here is complete nonsense. If we sign a player we can announce it now. We signed and announced Swanson when he still had games to play for st. Johnstone ffs.

snooky
26-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Let's be honest we haven't signed anyone yet. If we had it would be announced. Im sure the Sun linked us with a loan move for Stewart a couple of times, I'm fairly disappointed as he's a good player at this level.

"Don't panic" as Corporal Jones often said ... and Nero funnily enough, as he played "Arrivederci Roma" on his fiddle. :wink:

J-C
26-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Because the June 30th chat on here is complete nonsense. If we sign a player we can announce it now. We signed and announced Swanson when he still had games to play for st. Johnstone ffs.

Not if we're still negotiating with players down south or abroad, we may still be working on pay offs and offers.

Swanson was out of contract so could arrange a new club, we may be after players still at clubs like Rocky who has a contract at Ashdod still. They cannot release him from his contract till June 30th.

Gerard
26-06-2017, 12:31 PM
I am concerned that our team has not been able to sign the players that we need to achieve our targets. I am confident that the senior management team and BODs are doing everything possible to sign quality players to our team within our budget. If it takes longer to do so I would rather have quality players compared to rushed signings of players who are no better than we have at present.

Ozyhibby
26-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Not if we're still negotiating with players down south or abroad, we may still be working on pay offs and offers.

Swanson was out of contract so could arrange a new club, we may be after players still at clubs like Rocky who has a contract at Ashdod still. They cannot release him from his contract till June 30th.

If we are still working on pay offs or offers then the deal is not done. Any contract we sign could start 1st July but can easily be signed now.
The 30th June is completely meaningless made up nonsense.
Lafferty and Stewart are both coming from down south yet appear to be totally disregarding this 30th June magic date.

Billychaotic182
26-06-2017, 12:53 PM
We have lost: rocky, Fyvie, Cummings, Humphrey, Shinnie, Keatings, holt, McLean, Gallagher and now possibly McGinn

And so far only signed Swanson and Efe. I can see why people are starting to worry as other teams like hearts and Aberdeen are all on the verge of signing relatively big names.

Still plenty time but I'm getting a wee bit worried too

Peevemor
26-06-2017, 12:59 PM
We have lost: rocky, Fyvie, Cummings, Humphrey, Shinnie, Keatings, holt, McLean, Gallagher and now possibly McGinn

And so far only signed Swanson and Efe. I can see why people are starting to worry as other teams like hearts and Aberdeen are all on the verge of signing relatively big names.

Shinnie was a loan, Humphrey, McLean & Gallagher hardly played.

We've also signed Murray and it looks loke Rocky too.

J-C
26-06-2017, 01:05 PM
If we are still working on pay offs or offers then the deal is not done. Any contract we sign could start 1st July but can easily be signed now.
The 30th June is completely meaningless made up nonsense.
Lafferty and Stewart are both coming from down south yet appear to be totally disregarding this 30th June magic date.

Lafferty is out of contract as of March and Stewart is a loan deal, which can be announced as we are in our window.

Everything else is speculation, we no nothing of who we are trying to sign apart from Rocky, nothing comes out of ER nowadays.

Borderhibbie76
26-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Lafferty is out of contract as of March and Stewart is a loan deal, which can be announced as we are in our window.

Everything else is speculation, we no nothing of who we are trying to sign apart from Rocky, nothing comes out of ER nowadays.
Yup a wee update from Hibs would be nice just to say they are still working on key targets and signings are imminent....it's the constant silence that is getting people worried/concerned. We've had nothing for weeks apart from the kit launch.

Ozyhibby
26-06-2017, 01:13 PM

I agree with you on that. I also agree with you that there are many things that can get in the way of a transfer being announced. I happened to think that a deal with Marciano has been done but Hibs will not announce until all the appropriate paperwork is done to bring in a non EU national. The same thing happened with Ambrose.
The 30th of June thing is nonsense though. If a deal is all agreed and signed to start on 1st of July then it can and would be announce now.

Diclonius
26-06-2017, 01:14 PM

We're already losing out on signings to divisional rivals.

I really hope we aren't re-adopting the transfer policy that got us relegated the first time around. If you want to finish in the European spots, AHEAD of Aberdeen, AHEAD of Hearts, you compete with them for wages.

I'm aware we may have simply offered the same/more and Stewart chose them because of their current stature, but it's indicative. That's two of our main striker targets down already and all we have right now is two reserves.

The stand is paid for, we've had record ST sales for two years (with little spend last season) AND we've just got £1M in the bank. No excuses.

J-C
26-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Yup a wee update from Hibs would be nice just to say they are still working on key targets and signings are imminent....it's the constant silence that is getting people worried/concerned. We've had nothing for weeks apart from the kit launch.

You also have to take into consideration players and officials being on holiday, just because we're back training it doesn't mean everyone else is. If were after certain players from certain teams we may have to wait till everyone is back ready to get on with the deals, hence why July 1st is important as that's when the English and a lot of foreign leagues window opens.

Callum_62
26-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Saturdays gonna be some day! :thumbsup:

J-C
26-06-2017, 01:16 PM

I really hope we aren't re-adopting the transfer policy that got us relegated the first time around. If you want to finish in the European spots, AHEAD of Aberdeen, AHEAD of Hearts, you compete with them for wages.

I'm aware we may have simply offered the same/more and Stewart chose them because of their current stature, but it's indicative. That's two of our main striker targets down already and all we have right now is two reserves.

The stand is paid for, we've had record ST sales for two years (with little spend last season) AND we've just got £1M in the bank. No excuses.

Who says they were targets, ​I've not seen anyone at the club mention them apart from the papers.

Diclonius
26-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Who says they were targets, ​I've not seen anyone at the club mention them apart from the papers.

We don't mention targets until they sign.

MikeyS
26-06-2017, 01:20 PM

How do you know that they were both targets??

MikeyS
26-06-2017, 01:22 PM
We don't mention targets until they sign.

so they weren't targets then?? you said that's 2 of our targets down.

Greenworld
26-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Saturdays gonna be some day! [emoji106]
5pm Saturday 😂😂

Callum_62
26-06-2017, 01:24 PM
5pm Saturday 😂😂

:greengrin:thumbsup::wink:

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-06-2017, 01:43 PM
3 weeks ago everybody was buzzing after securing Efe. Now, everywhere you look people are pissing their pants. The chat of "Feel good factor" or "momentum" leaving is nonsense imo. At no point over the last 3 years have i doubted this board. At no point over the last year have i doubted Neil Lennon.

The likelihood is we're signing Whitty and Marciano. That leaves us needing 2 strikers, a winger and potentially a centre mid.

There's teams aiming to compete in and win the Champions League/bigger leagues than ours that haven't even begun their summer spending yet and we've got drama queens on here greeting on every single thread about "no signings" despite there being 3.

CHILL. THE. ****. OUT. IT'S. STILL. JUNE!!!

:flag:

RossScott1991
26-06-2017, 01:43 PM

can't just leave it at that you tease!!

In all seriousness, myself and probably same as others the frustration comes from being bored, desperate for season start so would be good to just get excited over a star signing!

We will sign players just need to tell myself to be patient. Just guess am terrified at thought of us losing out on any targets and Simon Murray (who I think will be a decent signing) is our main striker going into next season all along!

Brian Graham + Murray are on fire your defence is terrified!!

AlbertK86
26-06-2017, 01:49 PM
We're already losing out on signings to divisional rivals. I really hope we aren't re-adopting the transfer policy that got us relegated the first time around. If you want to finish in the European spots, AHEAD of Aberdeen, AHEAD of Hearts, you compete with them for wages. I'm aware we may have simply offered the same/more and Stewart chose them because of their current stature, but it's indicative. That's two of our main striker targets down already and all we have right now is two reserves. The stand is paid for, we've had record ST sales for two years (with little spend last season) AND we've just got £1M in the bank. No excuses.

Thought Stewart was more a midfielder or winger than a striker ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2017, 01:59 PM
I am concerned that our team has not been able to sign the players that we need to achieve our targets. I am confident that the senior management team and BODs are doing everything possible to sign quality players to our team within our budget. If it takes longer to do so I would rather have quality players compared to rushed signings of players who are no better than we have at present.

Thank Gerard for that piece of information, that basically told us the square root of hee haw.

Gerard
26-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Thank Gerard for that piece of information, that basically told us the square root of hee haw.

Thanks for replying to my post I disagree with your opinion of it as your reply is not constructive. Perhaps you could expand on why my post tells us nothing

tamig
26-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Thanks for replying to my post I disagree with your opinion of it as your reply is not constructive. Perhaps you could expand on why my post tells us nothing
I think your post is a bit contradictory. You're concerned we haven't made signings but you're confident in the management doing so. And you don't mind waiting for quality signings. So concerned or not concerned?

My view is that there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and quality signings will arrive shortly. Oh, and I have no concerns.

Gerard
26-06-2017, 04:34 PM
I think your post is a bit contradictory. You're concerned we haven't made signings but you're confident in the management doing so. And you don't mind waiting for quality signings. So concerned or not concerned?

My view is that there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and quality signings will arrive shortly. Oh, and I have no concerns.

Fair Point I have concerns that we have not signed the players we need and also have confidence in the Management to get approval of Hibs BODs to sign the players we need. At this time I accept the need to be patient; but my patience has limits and the closer we get to the 5th August my concern will increase if said signings are not made. At this time my concern is low.

Oscar T Grouch
26-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Found this. Looking at it we are in the same boat as everyone else having released/sold more than we've recruited. The huns and Motherwell have brought in mair players but looking at what Motherwell brought in it's not great. We have plenty of time to get new recruits in and I'm pretty sure they'll be quality signings. Also interesting he's got a fee of £1.5mil on there for JC.

http://nareystoepoker.blogspot.co.uk/p/here-you-can-find-all-winter-transfer.html?m=1

southsider
26-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Had my wedding at ER Saturday. Signings are green to go. Just be patient guys.

madhatter
26-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Found this. Looking at it we are in the same boat as everyone else having released/sold more than we've recruited. The huns and Motherwell have brought in mair players but looking at what Motherwell brought in it's not great. We have plenty of time to get new recruits in and I'm pretty sure they'll be quality signings. Also interesting he's got a fee of £1.5mil on there for JC.

http://nareystoepoker.blogspot.co.uk/p/here-you-can-find-all-winter-transfer.html?m=1

Not in exactly same boat - we are the promoted team. We also did not run away with the Championship so shows that strengthening is absolutely essential. We also needed 2 emergency loans last year on a threadbare squad that is now even smaller...

Other teams knew where they finished last season and so will be planning recruitment around that. Hence most wont necessarily be making huge changes and need to hurry on deals.

I don't want Lafferty especially but if he was genuinely a target and Hearts got their first...well, I'd be annoyed!

Oscar T Grouch
26-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Not in exactly same boat - we are the promoted team. We also did not run away with the Championship so shows that strengthening is absolutely essential. We also needed 2 emergency loans last year on a threadbare squad that is now even smaller...

Other teams knew where they finished last season and so will be planning recruitment around that. Hence most wont necessarily be making huge changes and need to hurry on deals.

I don't want Lafferty especially but if he was genuinely a target and Hearts got their first...well, I'd be annoyed!

We have a solid core to the team (assuming Rocky'll be back). Our only real issue is strikers which I believe will be sorted soon enough. I get the tenseness of the close season but it's early in the transfer window and we will get quality players in. All this 'missing out' on players is pure speculation as no one bar Hibs recruitment team know out targets.
On lafferty I would guess that his agents done his job, the best way to make the gunts pay more is to make them think we want the player. I believe out strikes will be a level above KL when we do find out who they are. I'm jot in the least bit worried about Hibs atm. I trust the people running the club.

sleeping giant
26-06-2017, 05:27 PM

Cheers. I feel much better now :-)

scuttle
26-06-2017, 05:30 PM

Were they at your wedding ?......congratulations by the way

Spike Mandela
26-06-2017, 05:31 PM

Married on Saturday and you have time for .net on the Monday? How did that happen:confused::wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Fair Point I have concerns that we have not signed the players we need and also have confidence in the Management to get approval of Hibs BODs to sign the players we need. At this time I accept the need to be patient; but my patience has limits and the closer we get to the 5th August my concern will increase if said signings are not made. At this time my concern is low.

Basically you are a little worried, but hope you are not worried by august, when if we've not made the signings you are confident we will make, you will have concerns.

Thanks for clearing it all up Gerard. :brickwall

Gerard
26-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Basically you are a little worried, but hope you are not worried by august, when if we've not made the signings you are confident we will make, you will have concerns.

Thanks for clearing it all up Gerard. :brickwall

Thanks for your sarcy comments. I have no concerns regarding them:wink:

Cat Stanton
26-06-2017, 05:52 PM

Stewart seemingly about to sign on loan to Aberdeen:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40408150

silverhibee
26-06-2017, 06:00 PM

If his contract ends this week he could sign a pre contract with us and it could have been announced.

PeterboroHibee
26-06-2017, 06:04 PM

Aberdeen have lost a lot of important players this summer (almost their entire midfield!). It will be interesting to see if they can replace them. Hearts were poor second half of the season and have also moved on/lost a lot of players, and so are probably in a comparable position.

We have lost a key player in Cummings, and there is clearly interest in McGinn, but we have more of less kept our squad together. Fyvie, Shinnie, Keatings and Holt played their part last year, but they are all replaceable, and the others you mentioned barely played. Apart from replacing Cummings, any signings should be about building on what we already have in my opinion, which is what I think weve done with Swanson, Ambrose and Murray, and it looks like weve signed Marciano.

silverhibee
26-06-2017, 06:08 PM
It's not even June 30th yet?

:tsk tsk: :greengrin

Willis1875
26-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Fyvie away to Dundee united

snooky
26-06-2017, 07:05 PM

All the excitement of the predicted millenium computer crash, complete with the same result.
Pfft. :wink:

neil7908
26-06-2017, 07:10 PM

We've had Dundee, St Johnstone and Dundee United all quoted as his new team on this thread.

Willis1875
26-06-2017, 07:12 PM
We've had Dundee, St Johnstone and Dundee United all quoted as his new team on this thread.

Just going on Kenny Millar's tweet

Callum_62
26-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Fyvie to Hibs

Unseen work
26-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Welcome to hibs Steven and Kyle.

Borderhibbie76
26-06-2017, 07:30 PM
???

Dibben
26-06-2017, 07:32 PM
???

So has Whitaker and Lafferty signed???

5pm tomorrow the announcement? 😄

stantonhibby
26-06-2017, 07:33 PM
???

Whittaker and Lafferty I assume.

Michael
26-06-2017, 07:41 PM

Looks pretty much official. Our loss is their gain.

Zazu62
26-06-2017, 07:41 PM

?

SRHibs
26-06-2017, 07:49 PM

It's getting boring now. Too many wind ups on this place.

Borderhibbie76
26-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Incidentally some are accused of panicking in here about lack of signings...just had a quick look on twitter and some seriously raging Hibs fans on there...quite a few comments directed to Hibs official page...whilst I'm a wee bit concerned myself but still confident Hibs will deliver, it's a bit OTT...

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Incidentally some are accused of panicking in here about lack of signings...just had a quick look on twitter and some seriously raging Hibs fans on there...quite a few comments directed to Hibs official page...whilst I'm a wee bit concerned myself but still confident Hibs will deliver, it's a bit OTT...

Folk need to chill the **** out and enjoy their summer holidays. Turn of the Internet for a day or two

Borderhibbie76
26-06-2017, 08:16 PM
Folk need to chill the **** out and enjoy their summer holidays. Turn of the Internet for a day or two
Was thinking that reading it...some serious anger issues 🙈

jacomo
26-06-2017, 08:21 PM

These people need to get a life.

And use a mattress protector.

Time for me to sign off from Hibs for a while. Too much moaning.

hibs supporter
26-06-2017, 11:00 PM
Saw that stephen hendrie got released from west ham was at Hamilton a few years ago would be good competition for left back

Nicho87
26-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Saw that stephen hendrie got released from west ham was at Hamilton a few years ago would be good competition for left back

He had his big break years ago....

snooky
26-06-2017, 11:08 PM
He had his big break years ago....

:agree: He had every winger in his pocket.

HoboHarry
26-06-2017, 11:10 PM
:agree: He had every winger in his pocket.
Enough of the crap jokes or you will be black balled.......

pacorosssco
26-06-2017, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=hibs supporter;5081938]Saw that stephen hendrie got released from west ham was at Hamilton a few years ago would be good competition for left back[/QUOTE

22 not much game time but dont know injury history. A potential good signing any SPL team bar Celtic.

Dunbar Hibee
27-06-2017, 12:51 AM

Signing for Southend

SirDavidsNapper
27-06-2017, 03:31 AM

Steven Thicot and Kevin Kyle?

Greenworld
27-06-2017, 04:57 AM
Steven Thicot and Kevin Kyle?
Eh ? 😂😂

Craig_in_Prague
27-06-2017, 05:01 AM
Some good players in the Czech league that I assume wouldn't cost much especially on wages front. Not a league that is scouted much at all, maybe a part time scouting role with Hibs 🤔

The Leith Dutch
27-06-2017, 07:44 AM

I get that folk have different approaches with some more relaxed about signings and some a bit jittery but anger at the club and this weird sense that as a supporter you're somehow "entitled" to a certain type of signing or this or that player is truly bizarre.

There was someone on one of the other threads here banging on about not renewing his season ticket after Cummings was sold unless there was this that or the other signing.

I know we need players and three aren't enough but if you look at who NL has recruited:
Ambrose: probably gives us the strongest first choice central defence outside Celtic and fantastic depth at that position.
Murray: decent record and the pace that many on here have been crying out for.
Swanson: goals from midfield and probably the best statistical return from a midfielder outside of Celtic in the SPL last season.

We should have from those a team that's extremely difficult to break down through the centre of the part (especially if you add Bartley in front of them). A team with two players with serious pace. A real threat of goals and assists from behind the front two.