He's said he wants to stay in Europe

Jim Herriot
24-07-2017, 12:14 AM
He's said he wants to stay in Europe

Like the majority of Scots.

Tee hee! See what I did there?

MWHIBBIES
24-07-2017, 12:32 AM
He's said he wants to stay in EuropeTechnically...

Fisherrow Harp
24-07-2017, 01:48 AM

Ha! Very good Jim, liked that 👍😀

IanM
24-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Ryan Gauld is been offered on loan - would anyone like to see him at Hibs?

Signs loan for Aves

Wilson
24-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Signs loan for Aves

Who are they?

CallumLaidlaw
24-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Who are they?

newly promoted to Portuguese top league.

Speedway
24-07-2017, 10:45 AM

Deadly rivals of Avenots in the same division.

Wilson
24-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Nice one.

Wilson
24-07-2017, 11:03 AM

I feel for them. Their goalkeeper is Quim. We've had a few quims in goal over the years too.

Speedway
24-07-2017, 11:09 AM
I feel for them. Their goalkeeper is Quim. We've had a few quims in goal over the years too.

Apparently the Yams have missed out on Quim more than once this window.

I wonder why?

norhfc
24-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Don't worry mate, if you worry about over exposure of Hibs or Scottish football in general scan the BBC's 'text' pages every day ... they have a gossip section and a news in brief section, both of which often run to several pages ... on this facility paid for out of UK wide license fees you might once a fortnight find a bit about Celtic, or less often Sevco, but any mention of Hibs or any other Scottish club is practically non existent ...... the good news is if you have an interest in English non league football and follow teams like Eastleigh, Gateshead or Forest Green Rovers you will find details of any of their new signings or transfer rumours .... whereas Hibs signing Simon Murray or Steven Whittaker or rumours of an interest in Anthony Stokes are deemed not worthy of mention it would seem.

If you want to listen to Scottish football being destroyed rather than just see it ignored in print tune into 'Talk Sport' .... I spent a pleasant hour or so the other day listening to Scottish football being ripped apart with not a single good word being spoken, anybody with the temerity to phone in with a good word was given short shrift ..... in that hour and a couple of times in the shows afterwards reasonable criticism descended into something approaching ridicule.

Good post, sums up the attitude of Scottish football in England, I read somewhere that Scotland is robbed of £150m a year license money. Why no one seems to care about this shortfall amazes me. Scottish football is being starved of much needed cash while the likes of Cambridge with a crowd of 5000 can pay more wages than most SPL Clubs.
Gary Lineker gets more a year in wages than the whole of Scottish football by the BBC :confused:

hibees 7062
24-07-2017, 11:24 AM

I wonder why?

He want's to stay in Europe :greengrin

CockneyRebel
24-07-2017, 11:29 AM

:aok:

Smartie
24-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Who are they?

Accrington Stanley?

southern hibby
24-07-2017, 12:43 PM

I wonder why?

Maybe that's why they look for it with their sister

GGTTH

snooky
24-07-2017, 01:31 PM

:greengrin :aok:

Right enough, they say it's a game of two Aves

Greencore
26-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Any news on Ali Crawford from Hamilton?

GreenCastle
26-07-2017, 08:23 AM
What's happening with Fyvie ???

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2017, 09:08 AM
What's happening with Fyvie ???Can we please move on from fyvie now...its been done to death and he ain't coming back...lets just concentrate on players we do have and that want to be here

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
26-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Can we please move on from fyvie now...its been done to death and he ain't coming back...lets just concentrate on players we do have and that want to be here

It wasn't a bring Fyvie back..it was a question of where is he playing now ?! All gone very quiet with him.

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2017, 09:12 AM
It wasn't a bring Fyvie back..it was a question of where is he playing now ?! All gone very quiet with him.Ah apologies mate - I have no idea last I heard he was training to keep fit with the Dons but still no club??

J-C
26-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Ah apologies mate - I have no idea last I heard he was training to keep fit with the Dons but still no club??

I think the fact he hasn't found a club yet shows he wasn't the great player so many on here lauded him as, he was a decent to average midfielder who played too ponderously at times and his passing not always the best, plus a lack of an end product and goals. The fact that Lennon is looking to add more attacking midfielders to the team showed why he didn't re offer the deal to Fyvie but I am surprised no one has picked him up yet.

GreenCastle
26-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Ah apologies mate - I have no idea last I heard he was training to keep fit with the Dons but still no club??

All good - hopefully he doesn't sign for a rival - someone like Dundee Utd would be fine. He's a legend anyway and I wish him all the best.

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2017, 09:19 AM
All good - hopefully he doesn't sign for a rival - someone like Dundee Utd would be fine. He's a legend anyway and I wish him all the best.Indeed mate- seconded. [emoji106]

Dr Jimmy
26-07-2017, 09:27 AM
I think the fact he hasn't found a club yet shows he wasn't the great player so many on here lauded him as, he was a decent to average midfielder who played too ponderously at times and his passing not always the best, plus a lack of an end product and goals. The fact that Lennon is looking to add more attacking midfielders to the team showed why he didn't re offer the deal to Fyvie but I am surprised no one has picked him up yet.

Football is all about opinions. I personally thought he was brave player for us, as he never hid in a game and was always available to take the ball from a defender to enable us to keep possession.

I wish him all the best wherever he goes.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-07-2017, 09:28 AM

Whilst i'm happy to move on with the signings we've made your point RE him not having a club so must be fairly average is nonsense imo

There are literally hundreds of players out of contract and not signed on with anyone yet. Joe Ledley, Jesus Navas, Bacary Sagna, Seb Larsson are just a handful of players that would enhance any club in Scotland along with plenty down south.

FF will be an asset to whatever football club he joins. I believe we could still utilise him but accept we have other areas of the pitch to prioritise right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined us again after a couple of games this season though

oneone73
26-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Whilst i'm happy to move on with the signings we've made your point RE him not having a club so must be fairly average is nonsense imo

There are literally hundreds of players out of contract and not signed on with anyone yet. Joe Ledley, Jesus Navas, Bacary Sagna, Seb Larsson are just a handful of players that would enhance any club in Scotland along with plenty down south.

FF will be an asset to whatever football club he joins. I believe we could still utilise him but accept we have other areas of the pitch to prioritise right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined us again after a couple of games this season though

Would be happy with that.

Souter96Mac
26-07-2017, 09:34 AM
I could only see Fyvie back at us as a backup, and I'm guessing our offer to him would be a low one. With slivka coming in, we've now got McGinn, Dylan, Slivka, Bartley, Whittaker, Martin, F. Murray and Swanson who can all play in midfield, albeit in a variety of roles. Fraser is a legend, but the depth we have now means that we should look elsewhere. I thought he would be destined for a St Johnstone or the likes

J-C
26-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Football is all about opinions. I personally thought he was brave player for us, as he never hid in a game and was always available to take the ball from a defender to enable us to keep possession.

I wish him all the best wherever he goes.

All about opinions, as I said I thought he was decent without being a real standout, doesn't mean he didn't have good games, he did but for me not enough of them. If he did sign he would be just a squad player now and I don't think Fyvie sees himself as that, still surprised no one has snapped him up as he'd be a decent player for lower half teams in the league.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Wonder if we will sign another winger despite Swanson and Murray being able to slot in there?

HibsNutter
26-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Wonder if we will sign another winger despite Swanson and Murray being able to slot in there?

We don't have a right winger with consistent end product, hopefully this will be addressed. Rest of the squad shaping up excellently if we can get Stokes in.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Until Fyvie signs for someone, I'll continue to worry that he might end up across the road at the puddle drinkers. I'd hate for any of our cup winning legends to end up there.
I'd like Lennon to sign him still but looking less and less likely

Ronniekirk
26-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Until Fyvie signs for someone, I'll continue to worry that he might end up across the road at the puddle drinkers. I'd hate for any of our cup winning legends to end up there.
I'd like Lennon to sign him still but looking less and less likely

Think its clearLennon is keeping an option open for commons to join us if he can get fit after his op So no chance now for Fyvie
I am amazed no one has signed him yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
26-07-2017, 03:12 PM
We don't have a right winger with consistent end product, hopefully this will be addressed. Rest of the squad shaping up excellently if we can get Stokes in.

Is there a winger in the world with consistent end product?

cabbageandribs1875
28-07-2017, 12:19 AM
Jermaine Pennant signs for 7th tier part-timers billericay town, i think he just used us so he could tell his great grandkids that he played for a big scottish club

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4116786/arsenal-liverpool-jermaine-pennant-billericay-town/

Tha Cabbage Kid
28-07-2017, 05:08 AM
Donno if discussed previously but who will we look to (IF) we can't get stokesy?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Callum_62
28-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Donno if discussed previously but who will we look to (IF) we can't get stokesy?

Lee erwin

Steve20
28-07-2017, 05:12 AM
Lee erwin

Hope not. We need someone who can actually score goals.

HH81
28-07-2017, 05:15 AM

Lee Gregory.

Heisenberg
28-07-2017, 05:43 AM
Jermaine Pennant signs for 7th tier part-timers billericay town, i think he just used us so he could tell his great grandkids that he played for a big scottish club

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4116786/arsenal-liverpool-jermaine-pennant-billericay-town/

Their owner/manager is actually trying to make people believe he's chosen to go to that team instead of us. We didn't offer him a deal after another unsuccessful trial ffs! 7th tier of English football is probably about his level. 3k a week is astonishing though.

Callum_62
28-07-2017, 05:45 AM
Their owner/manager is actually trying to make people believe he's chosen to go to that team instead of us. We didn't offer him a deal after another unsuccessful trial ffs! 7th tier of English football is probably about his level. 3k a week is astonishing though.

Hes better than that level

Probably wouldn't get that money elsewhere though

Springbank
28-07-2017, 06:53 AM
Lee Gregory.

Ive seen a fair bit of Gregory

Stokes is 3 leagues above in terms of class, skill, composure and finishing

HH81
28-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Ive seen a fair bit of Gregory

Stokes is 3 leagues above in terms of class, skill, composure and finishing

I think he would do well in this league. Costly though.

CorrieHibs
28-07-2017, 07:36 AM

Hibs had wanted to sign Jermaine Pennant but he has agreed to join Billericay......that annoys me! He wasn't offered any contract. Typical Sun telling lies.

pacoluna
28-07-2017, 07:47 AM
“The fact Jermaine chose us over Hibs shows how much we are growing.
“Jermaine’s ability will make us even stronger and his experience will help our younger players reach the next level.”

BULL**** :brickwall

LaMotta
28-07-2017, 07:52 AM
“Jermaine’s ability will make us even stronger and his experience will help our younger players reach the next level.”

The Scottish Sun has a slightly different article written by same journo but pointing out we turned him down. Bizaare!

CapitalGreen
28-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Hibs had wanted to sign Jermaine Pennant but he has agreed to join Billericay......that annoys me! He wasn't offered any contract. Typical Sun telling lies.

and certain posters were keen for us to sign him 😂😂😂

Dr Jimmy
28-07-2017, 08:49 AM
The Scottish Sun has a slightly different article written by same journo but pointing out we turned him down. Bizaare!
https://lfcfanbanners.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/total-eclipse-sticker.png?w=640

jacomo
28-07-2017, 10:20 AM

:faf:

jacomo
28-07-2017, 10:21 AM

Neymar.

Swap deal on but Mrs SJM doesn't fancy a move to Barca.

silverhibee
28-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Lee erwin

Kilmarnock after him.

greenlex
28-07-2017, 11:07 AM

To be fair to the sun (and god knows why we should ) those are quotes from the Billericay end. They haven't just made it up.

Sean1875
28-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Wonder if maybe Pennant told a few porkies to them to suggest he had an offer from Hibs to try get more money out of them..?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-07-2017, 08:11 PM
What other positions need addressed? Striker and winger?

S4uzee
29-07-2017, 08:15 PM
What other positions need addressed? Striker and winger?

Goalkeeper/Defence - sorted
Midfield - Sorted

Stokes
Winger (left sided)
A ST swap for Graham then we're done IMO

hfc rd
29-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Goalkeeper/Defence - sorted
Midfield - Sorted

Stokes
Winger (left sided)
A ST swap for Graham then we're done IMO

Agree with this.

superfurryhibby
29-07-2017, 08:52 PM
and certain posters were keen for us to sign him 😂😂😂

To be reasonable, it did take our manager a week , several games and seeing him everyday at training before he decided against it, so dry your eyes and dinnae sound so smug:wink:

FWIW, this window might just be the most satisfying one for many a year. Superb business done already and the likelehood of another months worth of transfer activity ahead. Stokesy will be the icing on the cake. If that fails, I reckon Murray, Boyle, Graham and Big D will be enough to see us ok until we nab another decent frontman!

This is the dawning of a new era

Callum_62
29-07-2017, 11:42 PM
Pennent deal still on?

keep the faith
30-07-2017, 12:10 AM
Pennent deal still on?

BBC reporting that he says he hasn't decided his next move and he has offers from abroad and Scotland. You would imagine that will be us.

tamig
30-07-2017, 12:18 AM
BBC reporting that he says he hasn't decided his next move and he has offers from abroad and Scotland. You would imagine that will be us.

I thought he'd signed for the non-league team?

Big L
30-07-2017, 12:31 AM
I thought he'd signed for the non-league team?

He did, getting 3K a week at Billericay!

Diclonius
30-07-2017, 12:38 AM
Do we need him though?

Callum_62
30-07-2017, 12:56 AM

No he didnt- not yet anyway

keep the faith
30-07-2017, 12:57 AM

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40766177

Not yet.

hfc rd
30-07-2017, 02:10 AM
Do we need him though?

No thanks

Allant1981
30-07-2017, 07:04 AM
No he didnt- not yet anyway

according to that club he did as they released a statement saying so

Heisenberg
30-07-2017, 07:06 AM
Do we need him though?

Nope. Hes not any better than what we've got.

Callum_62
30-07-2017, 07:36 AM
according to that club he did as they released a statement saying so

according to the player he didnt.

Its like Warburton all over again! [emoji23]

Allant1981
30-07-2017, 07:48 AM
according to the player he didnt.

Its like Warburton all over again! [emoji23]

ive just checked, wasnt actually the club, was the owner, strange!

Speedway
30-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Lyle Taylor anyone?

CallumLaidlaw
30-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Lyle Taylor anyone?

QPR trying to sign him apparently

Billy Whizz
30-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Lyle Taylor anyone?

The ex Falkirk boy?

Diclonius
30-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Lyle Taylor anyone?

Aye, I mind him. Posted about 100 vague messages on Twitter before someone else signed him. Good times.

LancsHibs
30-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Lyle Taylor anyone?

Weren't we desperate to sign him or about to sign him or something a few season back I seem to recall?

Michael
01-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Good thing we didn't go for Boyce: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40793949

Leith Green
01-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Good thing we didn't go for Boyce: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40793949

Why? The guy injured himself in a game for his new club. Quite unlikely to have occurred had signed for Hibs.

oneone73
01-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Horrendous luck for the lad. Commiserations.

Speedway
01-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Does Stokes conclude our business for this window?

The_Horde
01-08-2017, 11:40 PM

Nope.

Speedway
01-08-2017, 11:40 PM
It's a lot of money out of the budget

Thecat23
01-08-2017, 11:43 PM

Admins I replied to this but done it through report post by mistake.

Speedway Lennon wants another striker and winger I was told last week and that wasn't including Stokes. But suppose it depends how much money is left.

Captain Trips
01-08-2017, 11:44 PM

Speedway Lennon wants another striker and winger I was told last week and that wasn't including Stokes. But suppose it depends how much money is left.

I think there is about £3 left, so we can basically sign any Hearts players.

Thecat23
01-08-2017, 11:45 PM
I think there is about £3 left, so we can basically sign any Hearts players.

😂😂

Speedway
01-08-2017, 11:46 PM

That's what I'm thinking. I know Lennon wanted more and we cleared Handling out but I reckon we've dumped a chunk of change on this contract and not sure whether or not we can make another big signing.

SirDavidsNapper
01-08-2017, 11:48 PM
If this is our last signing of the window I'd be very, very pleased. Probably the best window i can ever remember. Five internationalists?

Thecat23
01-08-2017, 11:57 PM
That's what I'm thinking. I know Lennon wanted more and we cleared Handling out but I reckon we've dumped a chunk of change on this contract and not sure whether or not we can make another big signing.

Yeah I can't see us bringing in another big name player, but then again looking at this window Hibs have backed Lennon big time so never say never as they say.

Speedway
02-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Yeah I can't see us bringing in another big name player, but then again looking at this window Hibs have backed Lennon big time so never say never as they say.

I still think we'll see Commons though.

coco22
02-08-2017, 12:01 AM
Any additional squad player deemed necessary / quality would be great. However, I think given where we have been and where we aim to be, the club have had an excellent summer and should be applauded 👏🏼

hfc rd
02-08-2017, 12:08 AM
Can't remember the last time we had a better windows than this?! Absolutely excellent!

Would like to see us bring in a winger (left side) with pace and trickery that can offer us width but so far I'm absolutely delighted with the transfer business we've done.

Blaster
02-08-2017, 06:26 AM

Maybe Brian Graham will go to free up a wee bit more?

Ronniekirk
02-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Maybe Brian Graham will go to free up a wee bit more?

He has been told he can go and think he will but maybe not till near the end of the window as he has really just been a squad player who will get get goals though , and that factor alone should ensure interest
He knows he now wont get game time with us but if no one matches his current wages he could sit it out till January and hope for a pay off from us then
But expect him to go this window

ian cruise
02-08-2017, 07:15 AM

I'm actually very happy if it is. I know there's the argument you can never have too many good players but we also need to keep the guys we have happy with their game time and we have good youngsters that I have faith in if called upon. Would I use Murray, Porteous or Shaw week in week out? Not if I had other options but I'd certainly be disappointed if we don't see them at all this season after their pre season showings.

Ronniekirk
02-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Any additional squad player deemed necessary / quality would be great. However, I think given where we have been and where we aim to be, the club have had an excellent summer and should be applauded [emoji1376]

We may see a final push on Season Ticket Sales on back of Stokes signing to push us to 13,000 Club deserve praise and and backing by the Fans
They are showing real Ambition snd for the first time in ages there is a sense of Unity and purpose about that the Fans are literally Buying into

My_Wife_Camille
15-08-2017, 12:01 AM
There's no danger we'll sign Stokes and Whittaker, people are living in dreamland imo
Would appear that dreams can come true :cb

Squealing pig
15-08-2017, 01:12 AM
There's no way we can win the league . Dreamland

Haymaker
15-08-2017, 01:28 AM
There's no way we can win the league . Dreamland

That's what Leicester fans were saying.

It's on.

:hyper

Stuart93
15-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Anyone heard anything about a young winger potentially joining on loan?

HoboHarry
15-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Anyone heard anything about a young winger potentially joining on loan?
Aye. You tell your story and I'll tell you mine.

Stuart93
15-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Aye. You tell your story and I'll tell you mine.

young winger from the blue side of Manchester

S4uzee
15-08-2017, 10:19 PM
young winger from the blue side of Manchester

Patrick Roberts 😮

HoboHarry
15-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Patrick Roberts 😮
:wink:

HibeeMackenzie
15-08-2017, 10:50 PM
Brandon Barker the name doing the rounds on the ever reliable twitter

snooky
15-08-2017, 10:51 PM

Check out his videos on youtube. Cracking young player.

SaulGoodman
15-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Would appear that dreams can come true :cb

Was hoping to tempt fate!

SouthMoroccoStu
16-08-2017, 05:22 AM
Signing rumour news!!!

Hooray

All this football was just getting in the way

Stuart93
16-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Patrick Roberts 😮

We can dream

Hibee87
16-08-2017, 07:16 AM
On loan as cover for Boyle maybe?

Borderhibbie76
16-08-2017, 07:29 AM
I see from.todays EEN that Scott Martin is going out on loan so I reckon we must be bringing in at least 1 more new face...otherwise the squad will be quite light in numbers (not quality) if we get a few injuries at once

keep the faith
16-08-2017, 07:41 AM
I see from.todays EEN that Scott Martin is going out on loan so I reckon we must be bringing in at least 1 more new face...otherwise the squad will be quite light in numbers (not quality) if we get a few injuries at once

That's a shame. Was hoping to see more of Martin this year. Difficult to see how he will get a game in this current side but I'm always disappointed when our good kids can't get game time and the club not get a return on our youth set up.

Borderhibbie76
16-08-2017, 07:55 AM
That's a shame. Was hoping to see more of Martin this year. Difficult to see how he will get a game in this current side but I'm always disappointed when our good kids can't get game time and the club not get a return on our youth set up.Agreed I thought he'd be good back up for Bartley but doesn't look like Lennon rates him much tbh...and we can't really argue with our managers judgement

RoxburghHibs
16-08-2017, 08:10 AM

He comes across as very mature (reminds me of Hendo in that regards) and looks a cracking prospect. Would be very happy if this comes off :agree:

https://www.mancity.com/CityTV/Features/2017/March/Man%20City%20Brandon%20Barker%20NAC%20Breda%20feat ure

oneone73
16-08-2017, 08:13 AM
He comes across as very mature (reminds me of Hendo in that regards) and looks a cracking prospect. Would be very happy if this comes off :agree:

https://www.mancity.com/CityTV/Features/2017/March/Man%20City%20Brandon%20Barker%20NAC%20Breda%20feat ure

I see he played at Breda with the geezer who's now at Tiny.

BSEJVT
16-08-2017, 08:47 AM
That's a shame. Was hoping to see more of Martin this year. Difficult to see how he will get a game in this current side but I'm always disappointed when our good kids can't get game time and the club not get a return on our youth set up.

I had high hopes for Scott but he hasn't made the progress I thought he might and would I would say have virtually no chance of getting into the team bar a spate of injuries.

He is competitive enough but neither has the physical attributes to monster folk like big Marv or anything like the ability Fraser Murray has on the ball.

I fear Scott will follow the well trodden path of Stanton, Handling & Harris.

Hope I am wrong though.

Brightside
16-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Agreed I thought he'd be good back up for Bartley but doesn't look like Lennon rates him much tbh...and we can't really argue with our managers judgement

He does rate him....just so happens our midfield is crazy strong now. A player like Martin would have got in there no problem over the last 10 years

Hibbyradge
16-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Barker deal close to completion

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com

calumhibee1
16-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Know nothing about him but we could do with another winger. Would have preferred GMS or Christie as this is more of a risky signing but we're in a good position to take a chance on a player like this whereas years gone by we were taking a chance on every player we signed.

hughio
16-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Barker deal close to completion

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com

"highly-rated...pace and trickery...predominanly left sided, one year loan ....20yr old"

YAAAS!

:flag:

Stuart93
16-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Sounds like this one is close to being over the line, sounds an exciting player.

hibs#1
16-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Left sided winger,pace and tricky.sounds good to me

Looper
16-08-2017, 11:39 AM
Searched his Wikipedia page and it says we've signed him on loan and he helped us win the league http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/tee%20hee%20hee.gif

Unseen work
16-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Would be a tremendous bit of business.

Plays on the left though, as does Swanson and potentially Stokes?

He is right footed though so I'm sure he would still do a job on the right.

AlbertK86
16-08-2017, 01:16 PM
If he signs it will be mighty hard for anybody to pick a strongest eleven!!

Was already struggling with the options - thank god its Lennys job to keep them all happy and on their toes.

We have so many options for a variety of formations

GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

SteveHFC
16-08-2017, 01:21 PM
If he signs it will be mighty hard for anybody to pick a strongest eleven!!

Was already struggling with the options - thank god its Lennys job to keep them all happy and on their toes.

We have so many options for a variety of formations

GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Plus when we sign Hendo and Griffiths it'll be even harder :hyper

snooky
16-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Plus when we sign Hendo and Griffiths it'll be even harder :hyper

We could put a B team in the Championship? :stirrer:

LancsHibs
16-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Know nothing about him but we could do with another winger. Would have preferred GMS or Christie as this is more of a risky signing but we're in a good position to take a chance on a player like this whereas years gone by we were taking a chance on every player we signed.

Riskier maybe as we know what GMS & Christie are all about, but this signing is potentially MUCH BETTER!!😀

lucky
16-08-2017, 02:42 PM
If Lennon thinks this kid might add something then good but I'm generally sceptical about these type of signings due to the fact that the EPL clubs seem to have hundreds of kids on their books and loan them out in big numbers. If he signs he maybe another Patrick Roberts but you just never know with inexperienced kids.

Leith Green
16-08-2017, 04:31 PM
If Lennon thinks this kid might add something then good but I'm generally sceptical about these type of signings due to the fact that the EPL clubs seem to have hundreds of kids on their books and loan them out in big numbers. If he signs he maybe another Patrick Roberts but you just never know with inexperienced kids.

I think signing one loan player for the season , who lennon obviously fancies is low risk and could be a shrewd move for us especially in a position where ideally one more player is needed..

The problem with loan players is when you have too many of them at once and when they are being signed as a first choice option. We have done the complete opposite of this , we have signed quality experienced players and are now looking for a little more depth to the squad at the right time

RoxburghHibs
16-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Riskier maybe as we know what GMS & Christie are all about, but this signing is potentially MUCH BETTER!!😀

Agreed! He has had a season playing in Holland so first team football so maybe not as huge a risk if he had only played youth/reserve games. 👍🏼

Smartie
16-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Left sided winger,pace and tricky.sounds good to me

A tricky left winger who has pace and has been linked with a move from a big English club sounds Alan O'Brien-esque to me.

Firestarter
16-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Listen, we all thought the signing was complete and is good enough to go so if this boy can play then it's a major bonus.

Stuart93
25-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Hearing we still might not be finished, not got any names though.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-08-2017, 04:44 PM

Oh you tease

Hibbyradge
25-08-2017, 06:02 PM

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13238904_10201843495844440_8588165659038297709_n.j pg?oh=4ab357f573d630d392a3108ec5b06ea4&oe=5A161E71

Deansy
25-08-2017, 07:14 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13238904_10201843495844440_8588165659038297709_n.j pg?oh=4ab357f573d630d392a3108ec5b06ea4&oe=5A161E71

Dear Lord - forget my winning the lottery prayer but if you could just see your way to ...................................

Thecat23
25-08-2017, 07:16 PM

100% not finished.

Stuart93
26-08-2017, 11:22 AM
100% not finished.

That's what I've been told but never got any names unfortunately

eastcoasthibby
26-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Interesting I think we are still light in natural left sided midfield width if we want to go 3-5-2 Lewy does ok, but just isn't natural playing the wingback role..! But who knows how the Boss see's things ...i also think we lack someone that can deliver quality freekicks & corners !!either that or the guys we have need to get practising ..😁

Stuart93
27-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Bid rejected from Nottingham forest for mcginn? First I've heard about that

IanM
27-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Bid rejected from Nottingham forest for mcginn? First I've heard about that

Aye Boyd expects him to be a Forrest player before the end of the window.
Balls in our court tho

Just Jimmy
27-08-2017, 11:07 AM
We better not even entertain it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
27-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Bid rejected from Nottingham forest for mcginn? First I've heard about thatSky saying he will be off by deadline day...very disappointing if true

oneone73
27-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Sky saying he will be off by deadline day...very disappointing if true

Not Sky - Boyd. And he's a fanny.

Borderhibbie76
27-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Not Sky - Boyd. And he's a fanny.It's been on SSN I believe also mate

Onceinawhile
27-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Not Sky - Boyd. And he's a fanny.

He'll have been told to stir the pot by Warburton. Prick.

Onceinawhile
27-08-2017, 11:12 AM
It's been on SSN I believe also mate

Aye but all they said was we had rejected a bid. Boyd is saying it's his last game.

Looking forward to the body language experts on this thread after the game.

"Oh he clapped his hands to the fans - defo gone"

"Looked a bit sad, been told he's not allowed to leave"

Etc..

J-C
27-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Commentator just said McGinn will be away by the weekend and it's his last game?

Ozyhibby
27-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Could do with Hendrson just for taking corners. McGinn's are brutal.

Ozyhibby
27-08-2017, 01:31 PM
The £370k we got for Celtic getting to the champions league should be offered to Motherwell for Louis Moult. We need more up front.

Onceinawhile
27-08-2017, 01:52 PM
The £370k we got for Celtic getting to the champions league should be offered to Motherwell for Louis Moult. We need more up front.

You know Motherwell got that money too?

Ozyhibby
27-08-2017, 02:02 PM
You know Motherwell got that money too?

Of course. Moult is in the last year of his contract. If Motherwell don't sell this week then they lose him for free.

offshorehibby
27-08-2017, 02:03 PM
I see Morgan at ST Mirren had another cracking game yesterday

Heisenberg
27-08-2017, 02:18 PM
I see Morgan at ST Mirren had another cracking game yesterday

Saw that, he was very good against us a couple of times last season too. Barker looked good today so not sure we need another left winger, especially with Swanson to come back in as well.

Ozyhibby
27-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Saw that, he was very good against us a couple of times last season too. Barker looked good today so not sure we need another left winger, especially with Swanson to come back in as well.

I agree, would def prefer another forward.