PDA

View Full Version : The Matty Jack Role...

Viva_Palmeiras
24-04-2017, 03:19 PM
What more does Bartley need to pick up this mantle?
Do it in the Premiership?

MWHIBBIES
24-04-2017, 03:37 PM
It's the Big Marv role already

Green Badger
24-04-2017, 03:46 PM
He needs to refuse to return the ball when another team kick the ball out of play to waste time, which then leads to a penalty and we win the game 1-0 in injury time :greengrin

PS. Am I correct in saying it was our current goalkeeping coach that kicked the ball out for Dundee Utd leading up to the throw in?

Stevie Reid
24-04-2017, 04:01 PM
He needs to refuse to return the ball when another team kick the ball out of play to waste time, which then leads to a penalty and we win the game 1-0 in injury time :greengrin

PS. Am I correct in saying it was our current goalkeeping coach that kicked the ball out for Dundee Utd leading up to the throw in?

Correct. Was sent off after the game as well :greengrin

Stevie Reid
24-04-2017, 04:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBQlenWbBk

The Leith Dutch
24-04-2017, 09:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBQlenWbBk

Cheers :)
Bit of a trip down memory lane that one.
Cracking stuff!

Stevie Reid
24-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Cracking stuff!

Was a phenomenal atmosphere at the end, at a point in time where we just kept winning. In that isolated clip it does look pretty unsporting, but everyone at the game was urging Matty not to give it back - though I suspect he needed little encouragement!

United were really struggling at the time and were playing for time and feigning injuries the whole game. Got what they deserved that day.

Cat Stanton
24-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Cracking stuff!

The video tape hiss is a trip down memory lane on its own!

DaveF
24-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Was a phenomenal atmosphere at the end, at a point in time where we just kept winning. In that isolated clip it does look pretty unsporting, but everyone at the game was urging Matty not to give it back - though I suspect he needed little encouragement!

United were really struggling at the time and were playing for time and feigning injuries the whole game. Got what they deserved that day.

They were at it the whole game but it was ridiculous towards the end so yes, it was sweet justice.

Always thought Alan Freeland was a great referee :greengrin

barcahibs
24-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Stonewall penalty. :cb

I remember thinking it was hysterical at the time - totally justified, United had been playing time wasting anti football all night.

SanFranHibs
24-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Why is the Hibs pitch wearing a Dundee Utd top?

Think I might have to adjust the colour for this video :)

pacorosssco
24-04-2017, 10:12 PM
What more does Bartley need to pick up this mantle?
Do it in the Premiership?

Yes hes done better than matty jack ever did over time just as darren m and hanlon are equally better smith paul f....