PDA

View Full Version : The rats are emerging...

hibs0666
24-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Anyone else heard from the Gorgie Galacticos since the weekend? Now that they have stopped cacking themselves some have started to make an appearance, party white from their time in darkened rooms.

Let's face it chaps - our defeat has been their best result this season.

I overheard this morning an Aussie train conductor congratulate a passenger of his acquaintance who happened to be Aberdeen supporter. The conductor then did this strange little dance as he proclaimed he was a guunt and was relieved and delighted at the Dons victory. Further up the carriage I quietly bided my time until he came to check my ticket, at which point I reminded him of the skelping his merry band of charity thieves had taken from the Hibees. At that point he decided he was actually a neutral. 'Too late' I reminded him, and his eye contact was negligible thereafter.

Bostonhibby
24-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Maybe he could knock off a few stale cakes off the train trolley to donate to their cake sale? If only they'd got a money spinning cup run going they might have avoided having to do jumble sales and vicar of dibley style fetes just to make up the shortfall on the one new stand.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
24-04-2017, 02:01 PM
They have been very chirpy since they're not terrified of us winning the cup anymore. They've not bad a great deal to be pleased about though since we ended their season in February.

Dashing Bob S
24-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Alas, I fear our defeat has come too late in the day to save their season. Although I could be wrong. If so, it's merely indicative of how far, how quickly, their expectations have fallen.

Ooh to ooh to be...

Bostonhibby
24-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Maybe they're due a wee bit of a celebration, the novelty of the world's most famous expensive girder being lowered into place has worn off and there's been zero good news since. Especially now that they've been told to fire up the ovens as there's not enough money to pay for whatever they're going to attach to the girder.

SirDavidsNapper
24-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Maybe they're due a wee bit of a celebration, the novelty of the world's most famous expensive girder being lowered into place has worn off and there's been zero good news since. Especially now that they've been told to fire up the ovens as there's not enough money to pay for whatever they're going to attach to the girder.

Oh that famous girder. One of Scotland's most iconic structures at the home of one of the most famous clubs on the planet. Only big famous clubs build superstructures like that to help make their new ground smaller than their rivals.

hibs0666
24-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Listen, if you've saved the world from Nazi domination then the least you deserve is a nice new girder.

Pete
24-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Not heard a peep out of them apart from the odd laugh (there would be something wrong if they didn't find it funny) .They know we were genuinely hard done by and can hardly talk.

Liam Henderson said it perfectly on twitter.

Bostonhibby
24-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Listen, if you've saved the world from Nazi domination then the least you deserve is a nice new girder.

:agree: preferably one you don't have to pay for.

hibbymick
24-04-2017, 05:12 PM
It would seem the national hide n seek championship has come to an end.

Jack Hackett
24-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Not heard a peep out of them apart from the odd laugh (there would be something wrong if they didn't find it funny) .They know we were genuinely hard done by and can hardly talk.

Liam Henderson said it perfectly on twitter.

Missed that... what did he say?

24-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Saturday was one of the biggest games of their season, if hibs had won they would have been absolutely ****ting themselves that we might just pull it off.

What a miserable existance being a jambo and once again having their season ended in early febuary and spending the rest of the season looking over at what we're doing.

Pete
24-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Missed that... what did he say?

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/04/liam-henderson-takes-a-dig-at-hearts-fans-after-hibs-cup-exit/

Sorry I can't do proper links on my phone.

Jack Hackett
24-04-2017, 06:17 PM
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/04/liam-henderson-takes-a-dig-at-hearts-fans-after-hibs-cup-exit/

Sorry I can't do proper links on my phone.

... and I can't get mine to copy and paste it. C'est la vie. :greengrin

Pete
24-04-2017, 06:20 PM
... and I can't get mine to copy and paste it. C'est la vie. :greengrin

It was a picture of Jase and "Edinburghs still green" :-)

He needs to cut out all this Celtic nonsense and come home.

mcfly
24-04-2017, 06:38 PM
According to keekback they feel they should be signing John McGinn.

Hahahaha with what........

Also the new stand will be bringing in a fortune so they'll be signing players on 5k per week

Delusional

The Green Goblin
24-04-2017, 06:43 PM
They are a right strange bunch of chaps. Bizarre attitude the lot of them.

Bostonhibby
24-04-2017, 06:47 PM
According to keekback they feel they should be signing John McGinn.

Hahahaha with what........

Also the new stand will be bringing in a fortune so they'll be signing players on 5k per week

Delusional
It will bring in a fortune though, look how much extra Mrs Budge has said she's going to be squeezing out of them already and it's not even built yet.The first cake hasn't even been decorated yet.

Pretty Boy
24-04-2017, 06:54 PM
They are so crap most of the Hearts fans in my work barely mentioned our game. Even Mr 'Lest we Forget' tattoo only made one predictably insipid comment about getting '****ed harder than a sheep'.

Eyrie
24-04-2017, 06:59 PM
They are so crap most of the Hearts fans in my work barely mentioned our game. Even Mr 'Lest we Forget' tattoo only made one predictably insipid comment about getting '****ed harder than a sheep'.

Make a note to wear your Hibs tie to the wedding once his boyfriend finally proposes.

24-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Perfect weekend for Hearts. We lost and they didn't.

Joe6-2
24-04-2017, 07:03 PM
I was at a wedding on Saturday, chatting to a older yam who said he was at the 7-0 game, was happy we had lost to Aberdeen, but then said, 1-5 made up for 7-0, so I questioned him about their cheating and thievery, no reply!
Then decided to show my wife his 5-1 cufflinks, she said to him 'you should grow up!'

Bostonhibby
24-04-2017, 07:04 PM
Has he got the creditors names all lined up alphabetically underneath or is he still saving up to get the tattoo finished properly?

CRAZYHIBBY
24-04-2017, 07:27 PM
I dont fear hearts nor do i even think about them.....they were in our shadow before the romanov era and are back in our shadow now....they are nothing and i hope danny swanson tears them a new one next season

NAE NOOKIE
24-04-2017, 07:28 PM
At least now Hibs will be off the telly for a wee while they can go back to watching cookery programmes for tips.

They also have the death trap being demolished to look forward to, which should result in the roads being closed in Gorgie that day, if 4,000 of them can turn up to Easter Road to watch their team get demolished they will be expecting even more to watch the demolition of one of the worlds most iconic buildings :greengrin

I notice that apparently that funny police control box thingy that sticks out from the Gorgie stand is staying, which will obstruct the view from a load of seats in the new stand ...... they seem a bit upset about it .... hell and I thought it was hilarious that you wont be able to see the pitch from hospitality, now it turns out you wont even be able to see the pitch from your seat :faf:

SirDavidsNapper
24-04-2017, 07:43 PM
At least now Hibs will be off the telly for a wee while they can go back to watching cookery programmes for tips.

They also have the death trap being demolished to look forward to, which should result in the roads being closed in Gorgie that day, if 4,000 of them can turn up to Easter Road to watch their team get demolished they will be expecting even more to watch the demolition of one of the worlds most iconic buildings :greengrin

I notice that apparently that funny police control box thingy that sticks out from the Gorgie stand is staying, which will obstruct the view from a load of seats in the new stand ...... they seem a bit upset about it .... hell and I thought it was hilarious that you wont be able to see the pitch from hospitality, now it turns out you wont even be able to see the pitch from your seat :faf:

That might be a blessing for them with that abysmal team of theirs. Truly honking.

Aldo
24-04-2017, 08:03 PM
The odd sneaky comment but put firmly back under their rocks.

New stand will be far superior than ours.... yeah but you've not got the money to finish it!!!! Silence.

I asked about their 'fundraising' week to be told 5-1 blah blah.... I burst out laughing and mentioned Administration and bumping the Lady Haig Poppy fund to be told that it was all made up bull so as to tarnish their great name!!!!!! I showed him the list.... 5-1. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
24-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Anyone else heard from the Gorgie Galacticos since the weekend? Now that they have stopped cacking themselves some have started to make an appearance, party white from their time in darkened rooms.

Let's face it chaps - our defeat has been their best result this season.

I overheard this morning an Aussie train conductor congratulate a passenger of his acquaintance who happened to be Aberdeen supporter. The conductor then did this strange little dance as he proclaimed he was a guunt and was relieved and delighted at the Dons victory. Further up the carriage I quietly bided my time until he came to check my ticket, at which point I reminded him of the skelping his merry band of charity thieves had taken from the Hibees. At that point he decided he was actually a neutral. 'Too late' I reminded him, and his eye contact was negligible thereafter.

Reminding them that they still have the Ian Cathro/Craig Levein dream team should be enough to wipe the smiles from their faces.

Kato
24-04-2017, 08:39 PM
The only group of fans who see schadenfreude as the first port of call, no matter how good or bad their own team are.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-04-2017, 08:47 PM
I seen one posting on Facebook that we had 'Hibsed it'. Tragic people

24-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Reminding them that they still have the Ian Cathro/Craig Levein dream team should be enough to wipe the smiles from their faces.

:greengrin

And you could always mention some of their players for good measure...take your pick.

Davy Mac
24-04-2017, 09:48 PM
I was at a wedding on Saturday, chatting to a older yam who said he was at the 7-0 game, was happy we had lost to Aberdeen, but then said, 1-5 made up for 7-0, so I questioned him about their cheating and thievery, no reply!
Then decided to show my wife his 5-1 cufflinks, she said to him 'you should grow up!'

5-1 Cufflinks! ****** hilarious that they feel the need to go to such lengths..... So needy these roasters.

Bostonhibby
24-04-2017, 09:55 PM
5-1 Cufflinks! ****** hilarious that they feel the need to go to such lengths..... So needy these roasters.
5-1 cufflinks, deary me. I suppose they have little reason to wear a poppy with pride so maybe the cufflinks are the alternative. How did Mrs Budge miss this little earner?

Jack Hackett
24-04-2017, 10:17 PM
It was a picture of Jase and "Edinburghs still green" :-)

He needs to cut out all this Celtic nonsense and come home.

Cheers bud... and fingers crossed.

Keith_M
25-04-2017, 05:53 AM
Come on people, let's show the less fortunate some consideration. They need every little crumb of comfort they can find at the moment.

Think about it, they used to be famous and never had a single bill to pay. It must be a right kick in the ass to suddenly have to cope with the real world.

Add to that the fact they haven't beaten Hibs in 2 1/2 years and it must be depressing being a Yam.

:wink:

TheHarpy76
25-04-2017, 06:49 AM

Sorry for bringing the thread down but is there really any need for posts like this? I find it pretty crass to be honest and just as bad as that lot using it to score points.

Deansy
25-04-2017, 06:56 AM
I just said to a Muppet I was so distraught and ashamed of Saturday ......... and that it was all THEIR fault - 2 years on the trot they've forced us to play in the SC semi-final - when-oh-when are they going to stop such foul behaviour ??

Barney McGrew
25-04-2017, 06:58 AM
You have to remember, it was a great result for Hertz on Saturday in their biggest game of the season, which as usual and following recent tradition they didn't actually take part in.

I'm sure it will give them a massive confidence boost going into their 6th place 'shootout' with Plastic Whistle over the next few games.

Forza Fred
25-04-2017, 08:08 AM

I still wear my 7-0 T shirt in the garden and I'll be 66 next month.......

Growing OLD is mandatory, Growing UP is optional.

I'll choose no to.....:wink:

Golden Bear
25-04-2017, 08:25 AM

I'm a sad man as well. Recently I purchased 3 dozen personalised golf balls with my initials thereon followed by 0-7.

It just had to be done!

:greengrin

TheHarpy76
25-04-2017, 08:33 AM

This post is spot on.
Football fans in general are immature ********.
The only thing that comes close to your own team winning is your biggest rivals ******* up.
If our current circumstances were reversed we'd be taking the piss out of them as well. It's called 'banter'.

Jack Hackett
25-04-2017, 01:20 PM
This post is spot on.
Football fans in general are immature ********.
The only thing that comes close to your own team winning is your biggest rivals ******* up.
If our current circumstances were reversed we'd be taking the piss out of them as well. It's called 'banter'.

Current circumstances? We're now in the top league and demonstrably better on the pitch. We have a better stadium and aren't digging under settee cushions or having dubious auctions for spare change.

We also don't have a Cathro/LeVain combo desperately tossing coins trying to put a half decent team out.

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2017, 03:26 PM

As a relatively young 57 year old I totally agree with this ....... Nursing homes are full o' folk who 'grew up' .. pre match boozers are full o' folk who just grew auld and for so long as I can squeeze my belly under my retro Hibs top 'growing up' will be at the bottom of the bucket list :aok:

BTW ..... If you are an auldie and want to see a bunch of over 50s behaving like kids join a walking fitba' team .... its just the same as when you were 20 only slower, but with more drink and better stories and patter :greengrin