PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in Europa Cup

CMurdoch
24-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Hibs realistically should be looking to finish 4th next season.
If one of the top 3 finishers win the Scottish Cup 4th place in the league will get a European place.
Obviously league placing will be affected by player recruitment and retention in the close season.
4th place and a European place would be a success in my book.
What do you think?

.Sean.
24-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Hibs will easily be top 4 next season

Austinho
24-04-2017, 11:09 AM
I'd take 4th place full stop. First season back and all.

Waxy
24-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Top six would do me to consolidate. Reckon with the people currently at the club we're capable of alot more though.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-04-2017, 11:32 AM
Got to keep a few of the band together and compliment to progress.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-04-2017, 11:51 AM
LD will give NL the expectation and then give him the resources to achieve it. I am happy to leave it at that.

where'stheslope
24-04-2017, 11:52 AM
As always shoot for the stars, and maybe land on a moon?

Great to back in the Premiership, but I think we've got to be cautious as the games will be like Saturday's semi every week!

Other teams are better organised, with better players than in the Championship.

Still think top six is a good starting point, but staying in the league is the most important first season gain!!!

Eyrie
24-04-2017, 12:26 PM
The target has to be top four, so at worst we'd finish top six. It would be embarrassing to have four derbies next year.

As regards qualifying for Europe, I'd prefer to do that through the cup again.

KeithTheHibby
24-04-2017, 12:29 PM
I'm expecting top 6 comfortably. There is some amount of ***** in that top league that we should be above easily.

HibeeLR
24-04-2017, 12:32 PM
I'd be happy with 4th, but should be fighting for 2nd or 3rd imo.

Onceinawhile
24-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Just win the Scottish. We're probably in the semi final anyway.

CMurdoch
24-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Celtic will win the league by a street again next season.
Rangers will buy players in the summer which will see them finish ahead of Aberdeen.
Aberdeen will have enough for 3rd
Hibs will be 4th
St Johnstone 5th
The Gunts 6th, this is being kind to them given they are a real mess at the moment.
Will lose Rolf and some of the young talent. Leaving only Concalves and a nice new stand.
The laptop man will be busy filling the loanees and leaver gaps this summer.
If he gets it wrong again they will be fighting to survive with Hamilton and Ross County down the bottom.

SanFranHibs
24-04-2017, 01:37 PM
I'd be happy with 4th, but should be fighting for 2nd or 3rd imo.

I'm with you. To hell with 'let's just consolidate our place in the league' or a top 6. Of course the teams are better than the Championship, but just look at our baseline compared to all teams except Celtic. Not far away at all. Certainly should be aiming to be above most of the dross up there and see how we fare against Aberdeen and Rangers who I think might improve under their manager. Then St Johnstone a well organised team and well run club. Then the shambles from the piggery.

Only caveat is I don't know what I am talking about :greengrin

But it just seems to me from Aberdeen down to ICT (who will not be there next season) there is not a lot to fear !!

:flag::flag::flag:

Dashing Bob S
24-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Target has to be second. Realistically, a lot of that will depend on the Huns financial situation - it could become an even greater mess or it could marginally adjust in their favour.

Nothing whatsoever to fear from A'deen or Hearts.

To be outside the top four would be a disappointment.

Ozyhibby
24-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Celtic will win the league by a street again next season.
Rangers will buy players in the summer which will see them finish ahead of Aberdeen.
Aberdeen will have enough for 3rd
Hibs will be 4th
St Johnstone 5th
The Gunts 6th, this is being kind to them given they are a real mess at the moment.
Will lose Rolf and some of the young talent. Leaving only Concalves and a nice new stand.
The laptop man will be busy filling the loanees and leaver gaps this summer.
If he gets it wrong again they will be fighting to survive with Hamilton and Ross County down the bottom.

Not sure where Rangers will get money in the summer from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
24-04-2017, 04:53 PM
I'll be overly optimistic and Chuck a tenner on us winning the league😎

neil7908
24-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Not sure what the Europa Cup is but sounds like something we'd want to be part of :)

CMurdoch
24-04-2017, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5022386]Not sure where Rangers will get money in the summer from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Almost 50,000 season tickets

LancsHibs
24-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Why 4th? On what I've seen I'm not conceding 2nd to Aberdeen or the Huns!

Jack Hackett
24-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Not sure where Rangers will get money in the summer from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably already spent.

danhibees1875
24-04-2017, 08:48 PM
With a good transfer window, we'd be doing well to get 4th. I think 5th/6th is more realistic a target for our first season back and combined with another trip to Hampden would represent a good season. Achieving Europe would be a great achievement. Although i do admire the optimism on here :greengrin

GreenLake
24-04-2017, 09:35 PM
I bought tickets to see Lazio vs Inter Milan in May. Just want to get a taste of the kind of games we will be playing after next season.

pacorosssco
24-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Unless rangers spend big we should be aiming 2nd . We just proved v current second we are as good as. Could be close over season but 4th should be aim at worst

Sir David Gray
24-04-2017, 10:31 PM
With a good transfer window, we'd be doing well to get 4th. I think 5th/6th is more realistic a target for our first season back and combined with another trip to Hampden would represent a good season. Achieving Europe would be a great achievement. Although i do admire the optimism on here :greengrin

Why would we be doing well to finish 4th?

That means we've finished (probably) only behind Celtic, Aberdeen and Sevco who are currently the three best teams in the country. I don't see any other team in that league that we should be accepting finishing behind as things stand. Hearts obviously have the potential to do better than they're managing at the moment but they're poor just now. We are considerably bigger than all of the other teams in the Premiership and we should therefore be looking to finish ahead of them all.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would view a 4th place finish as optimistic. Hearts finished 3rd last season after being promoted so even allowing for Sevco being in the league this season, 4th place should be achievable.

I'll be disappointed if we only manage 6th next season.

magpie1892
24-04-2017, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5022386]Not sure where Rangers will get money in the summer from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

After this season, they'll do well to shift 30,000 and it's already spent. They are losing £8,000 a day at the moment at least. They have yet to pay off Tragic Hat, Weir and the other one, they still have to face Ashley in court, they still have no merchandising income, they have franchised out their matchday catering for pennies, they have an appalling squad, they have no money - none - and no-one will lend them any because they have no collateral apart from Ibrox, which requires extensive and very expensive repair. Rangers' problems are only just beginning.

Hibs should be looking to 3rd behind Celtc and the sheep. I can't wait for hun at Easter Road. If we're on our game we will absolutely hammer them.

Just Alf
24-04-2017, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=CMurdoch;5022510]

After this season, they'll do well to shift 30,000 and it's already spent. They are losing £8,000 a day at the moment at least. They have yet to pay off Tragic Hat, Weir and the other one, they still have to face Ashley in court, they still have no merchandising income, they have franchised out their matchday catering for pennies, they have an appalling squad, they have no money - none - and no-one will lend them any because they have no collateral apart from Ibrox, which requires extensive and very expensive repair. Rangers' problems are only just beginning.

Hibs should be looking to 3rd behind Celtc and the sheep. I can't wait for hun at Easter Road. If we're on our game we will absolutely hammer them.

I LIKE this post!

GGTTH!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pacorosssco
24-04-2017, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=CMurdoch;5022510]

John makes sense but both hearts and rangers im recent times have shown overspend till u cant. Trophies can be gained. On saturdays game we should not settle for being behind dandies.

magpie1892
25-04-2017, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=magpie1892;5022840]

John makes sense but both hearts and rangers im recent times have shown overspend till u cant. Trophies can be gained. On saturdays game we should not settle for being behind dandies.

No, losing on Saturday was a poor show but you can't give many sides a two goal start before you start to play.

Drop us an email, bud!

Jim44
25-04-2017, 07:49 PM
I think, for a team that has languished in the Championship for three years, a top six finish is acceptable as consolidation back in the Premiership.

HFCdeb
25-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Top 6 is a must, Top 4 more than achievable. I really want us to continue our impressive cup runs though, that's the crucial part for me, Celtic will run away with the league of course but if we can mount decent challenges in the League and Scottish Cups next season and beyond I'll be happy.

IanM
25-04-2017, 09:40 PM
Do you think scotland will ever get two CL places again? Can't quite remember what scotland and its teams need to do to improve

Sir David Gray
25-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Do you think scotland will ever get two CL places again? Can't quite remember what scotland and its teams need to do to improve

Scotland is currently ranked 23rd in the UEFA Co-efficient table.

We need to get ourselves up to at least 15th in order to get the extra Champions League spot back.