PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations and Good Luck to Aberdeen

Keith_M
24-04-2017, 07:09 AM
As much as I'm disappointed Hibs lost, I'd like to congratulate Aberdeen and wish them all the best in the Final.

I realise there are some people that post on here that have a dislike for Aberdeen (though I've no idea why), but I'd much rather see them win the Final than either of the Bigot Brothers from the West.

Come on the Dandy Dons, show them Bigots that there's life yet in Scottish Football.

Mr White
24-04-2017, 07:15 AM
You'd be better posting that on an aberdeen forum wouldn't you? Not many of them will see it on here. Unless your intention is to try to wind up those hibs fans you mention who don't like the Dons?

Nah, it can't be that as you must have better things to do than troll your fellow hibs fans surely?

:greengrin

Albanian Hibs
24-04-2017, 07:16 AM
**** Aberdeen. Hope they get hammered.

Keith_M
24-04-2017, 07:19 AM
You'd be better posting that on an aberdeen forum wouldn't you? Not many of them will see it on here. Unless your intention is to try to wind up those hibs fans you mention who don't like the Dons?

Nah, it can't be that as you must have better things to do than troll your fellow hibs fans surely?

:greengrin

Think of it as more of an antidote to the sour grapes we've seen on here from some...

:wink:

Jones28
24-04-2017, 07:20 AM
There has been a lot of bitterness on show the past couple of days, I don't recall that happening very often from Hibs fans.

Aberdeen found a way to win and I'd rather see them win it than either of those 2.

Speedy
24-04-2017, 07:31 AM
Not overly bothered but would prefer to see Aberdeen win it.

GreenArmyyy!
24-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Hope Aberdeen get pumped. At the end of the day celtic are and will always be streets ahead of us unfortunately. I'd prefer to keep the amount of trophies for clubs around us as low as possible.

JK Rolling
24-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Eh, no.

hibsbollah
24-04-2017, 07:46 AM
Much rather they won it than Celtic.

Onion
24-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Good luck to Leigh Griffiths and Liam Henderson :flag:

frazeHFC
24-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Hope Celtic win it at least 3-0 and the Aberdeen fans have a miserable day out. If it was any team outwith Rangers, Hearts or Aberdeen then I'd want them to win beat Celtic.

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2017, 07:53 AM
I hope Aberdeen win the final. It can't be right if one club wins a treble and goes the whole season unbeaten. We need at least a semblance of competition.

neil7908
24-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Obviously not happy seeing Hibs losing a game of football, particularly not an important one like this but wish Aberdeen good luck in the final.

They tried to play football, didn't kick us off the park and we're respectful before and after the game with the their comments.

Anyone that can break the current Brendan Rogers love fest that trumps Celtic as the best in the world gets my support.

Bostonhibby
24-04-2017, 07:59 AM
They're a decent side and recruited and rebuilt effectively after a few bad years. We're doing more than that now and should have finished them off before they scored the winner.

Their fans are hardly the most exuberant I've seen but I wish them well in the final.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

FRes Hibbie
24-04-2017, 08:07 AM
They're a decent side and recruited and rebuilt effectively after a few bad years. We're doing more than that now and should have finished them off before they scored the winner.

Their fans are hardly the most exuberant I've seen but I wish them well in the final.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I was surprised how quiet their fans were to be honest. I'd always thought that (like Hibs) Aberdeen had a pretty good, noisy travelling support. I was watching the game online in France and you could barely hear them - even in the first half when they were well on top.

Anyway, good luck to them in the final, any trophy that's not with the old firm is fine by me.

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Yeah let's hope celtic win the treble and go unbeaten. Hopefully they can do the same next season too. Bollocks

As much as I dislike the dons they've assembled a decent squad with a British core. Very different from our friends across the city and play attacking football.

I look forward to more battles against them next season but for now I wish them well in the final. Celtic are half the problem in this country. The only time I'll ever want them to win is vs hearts or rangers

MrSmith
24-04-2017, 08:12 AM
I agree! Good luck Aberdeen. :)

Forza Fred
24-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Yeah let's hope celtic win the treble and go unbeaten. Hopefully they can do the same next season too. Bollocks

As much as I dislike the dons they've assembled a decent squad with a British core. Very different from our friends across the city and play attacking football.

I look forward to more battles against them next season but for now I wish them well in the final. Celtic are half the problem in this country. The only time I'll ever want them to win is vs hearts or rangers

I'd add Falkirk to that list after the past couple of seasons.....

Juice-Terry
24-04-2017, 08:20 AM
Hope Aberdeen get pumped. At the end of the day celtic are and will always be streets ahead of us unfortunately. I'd prefer to keep the amount of trophies for clubs around us as low as possible.

Strangely, this....

SlickShoes
24-04-2017, 08:26 AM
I've never liked Aberdeen, the last time they were successful was around the time I was born so I spent my whole life hearing about amazing Aberdeen and how they are the third force with this huge potential fanbase that never seems to materialize.

Now they are doing well again they don't seem to appreciate it, look how many turned up at the league cup final? saw it was against Celtc and just decided it wasn't worth it.

If they sell all their tickets for the final this time then good luck to them I hope they win just to show Celtc don't dominate everything but if they can't shift their allocation for a game like that they they deserve to be hammered, if the supporters can't be bothered what's the point in the team existing.

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2017, 08:30 AM
I've never liked Aberdeen, the last time they were successful was around the time I was born so I spent my whole life hearing about amazing Aberdeen and how they are the third force with this huge potential fanbase that never seems to materialize.

Now they are doing well again they don't seem to appreciate it, look how many turned up at the league cup final? saw it was against Celtc and just decided it wasn't worth it.

If they sell all their tickets for the final this time then good luck to them I hope they win just to show Celtc don't dominate everything but if they can't shift their allocation for a game like that they they deserve to be hammered, if the supporters can't be bothered what's the point in the team existing.

Aberdeen will sell their allocation for a final with a 3 p.m. kick off, no danger.

easty
24-04-2017, 08:44 AM
Couldn't care less who wins the final, but I'd no be wishing either of them good luck.

Since90+2
24-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Dont really care who wins the final to be honest but there is only going to be one winner anyway.

Leith Green
24-04-2017, 08:52 AM
****** Aberdeen ... ****** them , hearts , and the old firm. Who gives a monkeys who wins it , as long as we arent in it and it isnt Hearts.

Hibee Mac
24-04-2017, 09:13 AM
Good luck? I think they used that all up against us

Steve20
24-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Only ever want Celtic to win if they are playing Hearts, so would prefer Aberdeen to win it. Not enough to let it bother me if Celtic do win it though, which I expect they will.

The Leith Dutch
24-04-2017, 09:30 AM
As much as I'm disappointed Hibs lost, I'd like to congratulate Aberdeen and wish them all the best in the Final.

I realise there are some people that post on here that have a dislike for Aberdeen (though I've no idea why), but I'd much rather see them win the Final than either of the Bigot Brothers from the West.

Come on the Dandy Dons, show them Bigots that there's life yet in Scottish Football.

If it's not us I don't particularly care.
As for predictions - I reckon Celtic will put several past them.

snooky
24-04-2017, 09:32 AM
I quite like Aberdeen as I have historic family roots up there.
So, good luck to the Sheepies.

tamig
24-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Obviously not happy seeing Hibs losing a game of football, particularly not an important one like this but wish Aberdeen good luck in the final.

They tried to play football, didn't kick us off the park and we're respectful before and after the game with the their comments.

Anyone that can break the current Brendan Rogers love fest that trumps Celtic as the best in the world gets my support.
Disagree with the bit about not kicking us off the park. One of the things they did during that first 30 minutes was constantly commit niggly fouls to stop us gaining any momentum at all. Sneaky dirty tactics that Houston would have been proud of. I couldn't care who won the final tbh.

Killiehibbie
24-04-2017, 09:38 AM
They sneaked past us with help from a blind/cheating linesman. I wouldn't mind if they got a dubious injury time penalty to win it or a 5-0 drubbing.

Phil MaGlass
24-04-2017, 09:40 AM
I quite like Aberdeen as I have historic family roots up there.
So, good luck to the Sheepies.

Me anaw, well done the Dons and good luck in the final.

CMurdoch
24-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Think of it as more of an antidote to the sour grapes we've seen on here from some...

:wink:

Yeah, the sour grapes is very grating.

OsloHibs
24-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Congrats & Best of luck Aberdeen from me. Would love to see them win it.
With the huge loss of money from oil in this area- a bit of happiness for the city would be a nice thing.

jacomo
24-04-2017, 10:38 AM
I've no allegiance either way, but agree that Celtc going through an entire season unbeaten doesn't do much for Scottish football.

But I'm convinced Aberdeen will fold in the final.

IGRIGI
24-04-2017, 10:42 AM
The sheep fans are up there with Hearts fans in terms of delusions of grandeur.

I hope Celtic pump them back to the 1980's where they belong.

SirDavidsNapper
24-04-2017, 10:44 AM
**** Aberdeen. Hope they get hammered.

This

SirDavidsNapper
24-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Personally I hope the lucky lambs get slaughtered in the final. Don't want Aberdeen, Hearts or Dundee United winning anything. We aren't competing against the old firm but we are competing with those 3 for the scraps so I'd rather they were beaten and beaten badly imo.

Waxy
24-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Not bovvered.

hibee_nation
24-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Hope they lose to a deflected shot in the last minute

WeeRussell
24-04-2017, 11:22 AM
I'm not too bothered who wins - I'll now be busy that day so won't be watching. If I was, I'd imagine I'd end up betting on Celtic and therefore want them to win :greengrin (as I fully expect them to win).

However, if anyone is basing their decision on fans.. surely we're not taking preference of CELTIC fans over Aberdeen?!

NAE NOOKIE
24-04-2017, 11:22 AM
I doubt anybody on here is going to be naming Aberdeen as their 2nd favourite club any time soon. But I fail to see why anybody would want to see Celtic continue their domination of Scottish football by beating them in the final ..... the big picture here is that anything which allows Celtic to monopolise the three major domestic competitions can only be bad for our game.

I would baulk at wanting the Huns to beat them in a final because historically the club that spawned them was just as bad. I couldn't bring myself to want the manky Gorgie mob to beat them either, coz I never, ever, want to see that bunch of poppy thieves win anything ..... but that aside I'll support anybody against Celtic in a cup final and that includes the Sheep.

So c'mon the Dons, kick their Weegie ***** !!!

Unfortunately its not gonna' happen :no way:

where'stheslope
24-04-2017, 12:06 PM
I doubt anybody on here is going to be naming Aberdeen as their 2nd favourite club any time soon. But I fail to see why anybody would want to see Celtic continue their domination of Scottish football by beating them in the final ..... the big picture here is that anything which allows Celtic to monopolise the three major domestic competitions can only be bad for our game.

I would baulk at wanting the Huns to beat them in a final because historically the club that spawned them was just as bad. I couldn't bring myself to want the manky Gorgie mob to beat them either, coz I never, ever, want to see that bunch of poppy thieves win anything ..... but that aside I'll support anybody against Celtic in a cup final and that includes the Sheep.

So c'mon the Dons, kick their Weegie ***** !!!

Unfortunately its not gonna' happen :no way:

Absolutely correct!!!

Though to say Celtic have not monopolised Scottish Football for the last 6 years is not true!

To take anything from Celtic now by any Scottish team is going to be a mammoth task, they are bringing in £4.5 million players and loanees from the best EPL teams, while the rest of us are looking at players from lower league to bolster our challenge?

The more they win the more they'll spend, and I don't see that changing for the next 10 years!!!

So, come on the "DONS" try and break some of their stranglehold on Scottish Football!!!!

NAE NOOKIE
24-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Absolutely correct!!!

Though to say Celtic have not monopolised Scottish Football for the last 6 years is not true!

To take anything from Celtic now by any Scottish team is going to be a mammoth task, they are bringing in £4.5 million players and loanees from the best EPL teams, while the rest of us are looking at players from lower league to bolster our challenge?

The more they win the more they'll spend, and I don't see that changing for the next 10 years!!!

So, come on the "DONS" try and break some of their stranglehold on Scottish Football!!!!

It is true ............ In the last 6 years 5 clubs apart from Celtic have won the league cup, the Scottish cup is the same ...... but Celtic under Rodgers are now looking nothing short of unbeatable, he is using these untold millions wisely and bringing in players several levels above what anybody else in Scotland could hope to afford ..... unfortunately barring the odd massive upset who the hell is going to stop their sledgehammer smashing the Scottish football nut for the foreseeable future ..... Hibs?

lord bunberry
24-04-2017, 12:21 PM
I'm in the not bothered camp. It would be nice if the game is close for the neutrals watching on tv. If Celtic go a couple up early doors it won't be worth watching.

HibeeLR
24-04-2017, 12:29 PM
I want them to get absolutely hammered, not because I dislike Aberdeen as a club but it's down to the fact that their fans don't deserve it after a shocking turnout/performance on saturday.

Eyrie
24-04-2017, 12:46 PM
I don't care about Aberdeen winning the game, but I definitely care about Celtc losing so it's good luck to the Sheep.

That said, the only reason to think that they have a chance of winning this year's final is that they are in it. Celtc are just too good for them.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-04-2017, 03:39 PM
No sour grapes but no patting on the back from me either.

Not a style of football I go for but these niggly fouls helped break things up - it's a style preference.

I wont be watching the final but that's no different from other Scottish finals where Hibs don't feature.

I've stood on the same Terrace as the sheep when I lived there and their fans are knowledgable and decent enough and support their local team admirably if not so much on this occasion.

JimBHibees
24-04-2017, 03:51 PM
No sour grapes but no patting on the back from me either.

Not a style of football I go for but these niggly fouls helped break things up - it's a style preference.

I wont be watching the final but that's no different from other Scottish finals where Hibs don't feature.

I've stood on the same Terrace as the sheep when I lived there and their fans are knowledgable and decent enough and support their local team admirably if not so much on this occasion.

Agree alot of niggly fouls and fair bit of throwing themselves down. Was in South and not hugely impressed when Gray was trying to get the ball and the Aberdeen assistant deliberately dropped the ball behind him. No need IMO it wasnt as if it was a breakaway was just trying to get the ball.

makaveli1875
24-04-2017, 04:10 PM
if all celtics key players are fit aberdeen have got nae chance , i can see them taking a sore 1

snooky
24-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Personally I hope the lucky lambs get slaughtered in the final. Don't want Aberdeen, Hearts or Dundee United winning anything. We aren't competing against the old firm but we are competing with those 3 for the scraps so I'd rather they were beaten and beaten badly imo.

A bit like seeing another wee kid getting a doin' from one of the two playground bullies. Oh the joy. :wink:

Criswell
24-04-2017, 09:45 PM
They've been lucky that they have not had to spend any money on their dilapidated stadium for years. This means they have been able to cherry-pick players from other clubs by offering more money. Let see what they are like when the have to finance their new stadium. (if that ever happens!)

Bishop Hibee
24-04-2017, 09:47 PM
No love for either team but as the lesser greens will be raging if they don't do the treble I'll be hoping Aberdeen win.

Sir David Gray
24-04-2017, 10:42 PM
I really hope Aberdeen win the final.

I don't even want Celtic to win the toss.

Celtic will win the final though and they'll likely go the full season undefeated as well.

percy veer
25-04-2017, 01:55 AM
well im with celtic, one good turn deserves another, the loans of ambrose and commons turned out quite well for us. And the 2 last season.

O'Rourke3
25-04-2017, 04:32 AM
Anything that bursts the condescending Celtic fan's bubble will do for me. Harder choice if the Gorgie thieves are involved but they're not. Simply cant see them carrying that much luck in 2 games given the gifts they received at the weekend

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

hibbiedon
25-04-2017, 05:05 AM
****** Aberdeen ... ****** them , hearts , and the old firm. Who gives a monkeys who wins it , as long as we arent in it and it isnt Hearts.
Correct ! Hibs or no one else :flag::flag:

SirDavidsNapper
25-04-2017, 05:17 AM
They've been lucky that they have not had to spend any money on their dilapidated stadium for years. This means they have been able to cherry-pick players from other clubs by offering more money. Let see what they are like when the have to finance their new stadium. (if that ever happens!)

Sure I heard on the radio recently that it costs then in excess of 500k a year just to keep their main stand open. A bit like another "famous" team.

Salt N Sauzee
25-04-2017, 06:25 AM
Cringey thread. As if Aberdeen haven't had enough luck!

I would like to wish the absolute worst luck to any club that isn't Hibs.

TheHarpy76
25-04-2017, 08:30 AM
If it's not us winning something,then I'd prefer it was one of the old firm that won it.
I just see it as a chance missed otherwise.

On top of that,I can't ******* stand Aberdeen.

Baldy Foghorn
25-04-2017, 08:32 AM
We are out now, not interested in Final or who wins

Barney McGrew
25-04-2017, 08:42 AM
An Aberdeen win would see them get more prize money, merchandising sales and probably season ticket money. All of which they could use to make more/better signings in the summer.

That's the last thing I'd want a team that will be one of our closest competitors next season to have.