PDA

View Full Version : Hibees what's your feeling of season.

Wellbankhibby
23-04-2017, 06:27 PM
In the cold light of Day we are now back in the Premier league and can look forward to a positive season. Yes we had a disappointing result yesterday and in my opinion felt we were unlucky to lose after a shaky first half hour. We more than matched the Dons and I felt we were the better team.
I felt Neil Lennon was right to highlight individual errors and the point that some players were hiding.
Especially that first 30 minutes we were not in the game. On a positive note once he made the changes and Grant Holt scored I could only see us winning. We certainly did not deserve the bad luck of a deflected goal to lose the game. Spoke to a couple of Aberdeen fans who felt we were the better team and they were lucky to win. The positives are we are back in the Premier League we put up a good defence of the trophy and we will definitely attract better players. Lennon is a winner and so can Hibs be. We have the Best Fans in the world in my opinion. We are Hibernian. :agree:

houstonhibbee
23-04-2017, 06:34 PM
In the cold light of Day we are now back in the Premier league and can look forward to a positive season. Yes we had a disappointing result yesterday and in my opinion felt we were unlucky to lose after a shaky first half hour. We more than matched the Dons and I felt we were the better team.
I felt Neil Lennon was right to highlight individual errors and the point that some players were hiding.
Especially that first 30 minutes we were not in the game. On a positive note once he made the changes and Grant Holt scored I could only see us winning. We certainly did not deserve the bad luck of a deflected goal to lose the game. Spoke to a couple of Aberdeen fans who felt we were the better team and they were lucky to win. The positives are we are back in the Premier League we put up a good defence of the trophy and we will definitely attract better players. Lennon is a winner and so can Hibs be. We have the Best Fans in the world in my opinion. We are Hibernian. :agree:
:top marks

calumhibee1
23-04-2017, 06:34 PM
Glad we've won the league and been promoted, job done, so I'm happy enough with this season. Not been enjoyable to watch other than a handful of games and only winning around 50% of our games in this league is very poor.

A lot of work to be done if we want to finish in the top 4 next season, as lets not kid ourselves on, if we look like a team capable of having a good season we'll have the same problem as this season where the whole bottom six come to Easter Road and shut up shop from kick off. If we don't learn how to break them down, which we haven't this season, then we'll be mid table.

ShinyFantastic
23-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Uninspiring

Bostonhibby
23-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Job done, objective met, rebuild a bit again and trusting Lennon to do it. Retained a good interest in the cup, nice earner from it and we continued to be unbeaten by Edinburghs second, less well off team.

The future's green and white.

Steve20
23-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Job done. It's not been pretty but promotion was the aim and it has been achieved.

Pumping the Hearts in the cup was an excellent bonus too.

makaveli1875
23-04-2017, 06:58 PM
A league title , pumping of the jambos and another trip to hampden goes down as a success in my book , unbeaten against houstons hammer throwers with 3 wins was pleasing . Some of the games have been brutal to watch im just relieved to be out of this **** league .

cleanyman
23-04-2017, 07:01 PM
A season of content.

Eyrie
23-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Satisfied rather than delighted.

We got promoted, had a creditable defence of our cup and beat Hearts. Against that we've struggled against defensive teams and played uninspired football.

SON OF PADDY
23-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Just happy that we finally got over the line !!
Good defence of our cup, thought we where very unlucky yesterday and I honestly think that next season we won't have team's parking the bus which should suit us fine.

Thank God the HIBS are back 😀 GGTTH

18Hibee75
23-04-2017, 07:42 PM
A league title , pumping of the jambos and another trip to hampden goes down as a success in my book , unbeaten against houstons hammer throwers with 3 wins was pleasing . Some of the games have been brutal to watch im just relieved to be out of this **** league .
Exactly how I feel.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

ShinyFantastic
23-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Uninspiring

Cameron1875
23-04-2017, 07:46 PM
A fantastic result in Europe, took the cup back to Hampden, and won the league.

Plus the bonus of the best Hibs song in years being born. Ram yer 1902 :)

northstandhibby
23-04-2017, 07:50 PM
:thumbsup:

Absolutely delighted. Last year I said I'd rather have the cup over promotion if it was a straight choice this year the league and though we could have done both we did very well with a not too shabby defense of the cup and a nice pay cheque to come for the pooled semis.

Job done and very happy indeed with an exciting pre-season of new signings to come and giving the jambottlers more misery next season.

glory glory

Cameron1875
23-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Oh and we're back on Fifa! :greengrin

fulshie
23-04-2017, 07:57 PM
I feel positive for the coming season back in the top flight. I think we can hold our own and am pretty sure we'll strengthen the squad. The past couple of seasons we've held our own against top flight opposition in the cups so all in all am upbeat. :agree:

truehibernian
23-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Pride has been well and truly restored.

Ironically it's been the most successful period in our history since relegation - as posted before, the fans and club deserve enormous credit considering where we were post Hamilton play-off game.

I've certainly fallen back in love with Hibs again :aok:

IberianHibernian
23-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Even if we`d won every league match this season it wouldn`t have been as exciting a season as last year when we were close to a cup double and promotion . So in the end relief that we`ve got promotion and hoping to see a few signings in the summer to let us go for top 4 and compete in cups .

Waxy
23-04-2017, 08:00 PM
The same could have happened last year. We could have gone up and lost the cup.
This is how we'd have felt.

jacomo
23-04-2017, 08:00 PM
I'm a Happy Clapper again!

ALF TUPPER
23-04-2017, 08:22 PM

Yeah. Sums it up for me

HibeeLR
23-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Winning the league, another trip to hampden beating hearts on the way and a good performance against a decent European side at the start of the season. It's been good, bring on next year.

weecounty hibby
23-04-2017, 09:25 PM
I think we have our club back. However disappointing yesterday was it shows a real connection between club/team and fans. Glad to be out of this league and we put up a strong defence of the cup. Onwards and upwards

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Nobody is going to deny it was a trudge rather than anything else, but who cares ...... all that mattered was going back up, not to have done so would have been nothing short of disastrous, I don't think it can be stressed enough what a negative effect failure would have had on the whole future of the club ...... we did what we simply HAD to do.

We made a proud defence of the cup taking it all the way back to Hampden and 'yet again' pumping the Yams in the process ... shocking 30 minutes aside we showed a great spirit yesterday and took the clearly 2nd best team in the country all the way. On that note, the BBC commentator yesterday described our 'Persevered' tour around schools etc as 'milking it' ........ what would have been wrong with perhaps pointing out that Hibs have done what other clubs didn't have the foresight to do, perhaps if ICT had tried that they would have 5,000 fans in the ground on a Saturday instead of under 4,000.

This has been a great season .... painful to watch at times for sure as we struggled to break down packed defences making for games that were hardly high on entertainment and certainly one that many folk would have had a problem looking to repeat as a viewing experience next season .... but we went up ..... so its been a great season.
:thumbsup:

Highland_Hibee
23-04-2017, 10:40 PM
Ultimately a feeling of relief but followed closely by a lot of optimism. Relieved to finally be out of this league. Optimistic about the rise in season tickets and attendances and overall potential of our club going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisski33
23-04-2017, 10:44 PM
This! And alot to look forward to next season esp as we will strenthen next season. I wouldnt say the teams in the spl are that scary we will be fighting for 3rd.

Vini1875
23-04-2017, 10:53 PM
A few highs and good performances, towards the end of the league campaign a bit of a trudge, decent cup defence and plenty of room for improvement. Based on what I have seen I am optimistic about next season and feel that the rebuilding job of my club is on course now.

AgentDaleCooper
23-04-2017, 11:24 PM
this season has been uninspiring, but ultimately a success. there have been enough high points - the cup run, trip to hampden, pumping hearts at ER, beating united under the floodlights - for me to have felt i very much got my moneys worth from my season ticket. at times we have obviously been sick of playing against teams that park the bus and kick us off the park, and i think there has been a degree of malaise because of this, which is undesirable, but we got the job done.

most importantly, i believe the building blocks are in place for a very, very good season next year. the squad we have is good enough to compete with any team in scotland bar celtic, though on our day i think we could easily match them, especially when hanlon is fit. they will thrive in a league where they can actually play football and really prove themselves. a few astute additions to the squad and the premier league is, potentially, our oyster, IMO.

anything less than 5th would be an absolute failure, but i could see us coming second, and giving celtic more of a scare than aberdeen, rangers and hearts have managed. it's a great time to be a hibee :aok:

:flag::flag::flag:

Lancs Harp
23-04-2017, 11:25 PM
Job done on the pitch, the club continues to move in the right direction both on and off the pitch. There's an upwards and onwards feeling, a good vibe about the club. Positive Hibs fans, whatever next? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
23-04-2017, 11:29 PM

I would suggest that beating Sevco to the Championship title and losing to Dundee Utd in the semi finals of the Scottish Cup last season would feel a bit different to winning the league this season and losing to Aberdeen the way that we did in the semis on Saturday.

jgl07
23-04-2017, 11:32 PM
Job done in the Championship.

Decent defence of the Scottish Cup going down to a freak own goal.

Rather feeble in the League Cup and Challenge Cup, but what the hell!

Penicuik Hibee
23-04-2017, 11:42 PM
Relieved we are out of this league. Mixed results and performances this seasons, but some great memories like the Dundee Utd and Hearts games. But can't remember going to Hampden and cheering the team off the park after losing. It struck me that at the moment, the club, players and fans are all in this together and we are in the best place we have been for many years. Long may it continue. Was proud of the team and the fans yesterday. My Aberden mate text me today to say he thought the Hibs fans were amazing and he only thought one team was gong to win after it went to 2-2. Onwards and hopefully upwards. GGTTH

connerg
24-04-2017, 12:29 AM
We won the First Division. That was our priority. Beating them at Easter Road was superb, after a robust performance at Tynecastle.
Yesterday is still fresh in the mind. Our players performance, as cup holders, in the first 35 minutes was beyond laughable.

Sorry but the old problem's are still there. I like Lennon's passion and at times, the way he tell's poor performing player's to up their game.

To concede two goals like that is going backward's.

MWHIBBIES
24-04-2017, 07:05 AM
We won the First Division. That was our priority. Beating them at Easter Road was superb, after a robust performance at Tynecastle.
Yesterday is still fresh in the mind. Our players performance, as cup holders, in the first 35 minutes was beyond laughable.

Sorry but the old problem's are still there. I like Lennon's passion and at times, the way he tell's poor performing player's to up their game.

To concede two goals like that is going backward's.Away ye go, every team in the world loses the odd soft goal, there will never be a Hibs team that doesnt lose bad goals on occasion. We have been very good at the the back this season, cut them some slack

Keith_M
24-04-2017, 07:14 AM
I feel this season was like a boring week in the office before moving to a new job in another department. The aim was just to survive the week, enjoy the weekend, then look forward to the real business (with associated wage rise)

There were a few moments that lightened it up, like beating Hearts (again) but the main aim has been achieved.

pacoluna
24-04-2017, 07:23 AM
No it wouldn't have, if the same had happened last year it would now be 105 years since winning the cup.

Onion
24-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Scottish Cup win exorcised a lot of bitterness that had been built up over the previous 7 or 8 years between the fans and players, fans and fans, fans and club. Even Petrie has had an easy time of it since May 16 :greengrin

This season, while the football has been pretty poor at times (except in the key games), the atmosphere has been amazing, definitely among the best I can recall in years. The players seem to be enjoying playing for Hibs and with freedom that comes from not being under immense pressure from the stands.

Best games by far were agains DUFC, Yams, Falkirk. All banana skins where previous Hibs teams were almost guaranteed to slip up on.

Just hope the success of the last 12 months doesn't set unrealistic expectation in the Hibs support, as it has with the deluded Yams who now think 3rd in the SPL isn't good enough for them. Future looks bright and full of hope. :hibees

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2017, 08:06 AM
I'm very happy. Promotion was everything this season for me, and we've done it. We also reached another cup semi-final. Let's kick on next season.

lyonhibs
24-04-2017, 08:07 AM
A mixture of relief and meh.

Smartie
24-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Satisfied. We did what we set out to do, had some fun beating Hearts again along the way but the football was too often uninspiring.

I get an "end of an era" feeling about it. Our decline in the Premier League was followed by our relegation and as soon as we knew we were going to be in the same Championship as Hearts and Rangers we knew it was going to be tough to get back up. Now we are back up, we can put all of the good and bad that has happened over the past decade to bed and look to the future once more.

I can't make the next few games so my season is finished and I have to say I'm looking forward to the break and being able to do other things on Saturdays for a good long while before coming back re-energised later in the year. Last summer seemed really short off the back of the most ridiculous rollercoaster ever and it will be nice to get 3 months or so away from it all.

Killiehibbie
24-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Pretty much as I expected, won the league without having to be all that good. Gave it a good go in the cup and a bit unlucky.

RamYer1902
24-04-2017, 09:20 AM
People can spin it whatever way they like... the job is done and our club is back where it belongs. Along with a great cup run again and a memorable win in Brondby. I've enjoyed it.

mjhibby
24-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Oh and we're back on Fifa! :greengrin

The vital things in life. I haven't missed sportscene one jot in the last three seasons but did miss not having highlights of every hibs game on TV. Still I can watch the highlights on btsport so no sportscene for Mr. It's heaven not listening to their bitter,amateurish nonsense.

Johnny_Leith
24-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Some good performances, and some uninspiring ones. I think Lennon will be able to put together a better squad for next season with the top league revenue and probably now having a better understanding of our weaknesses compared to when he arrived last season.

The main goal of promotion aachieved and whilst i feel we should have beaten Aberdeen, were unfortunate to go out against bronby and were poor against QoTs i think generally the season has been a positive one which has seen the fan base engaged with the club more and if we can keep attendances up then there's no reason we can't build and start to challenge at the right end of the league.

Top 6 has to be the aim for next season along with hopefully retaining some of our best players and developing some academy players into first team starters. Continued impressive cup performances and dominance over hearts will be a welcome bonus.

Phil MaGlass
24-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Good season, humped the yams, semi of the cup cash in the bank and back to top flight,
some of the fitba has been eye watering to say the least, but on saying that I think we have a team of players that will certainly handle the premier, i would be hoping Lennon will be looking at a top four finish, were good enough for that and all we could do with is a couple of new signings instead of wholesale changes,

mghibs
24-04-2017, 10:09 AM
From the start of the season I've been saying I would be chuffed to get promoted and get to another semi-final, as such, pretty happy with the season! Put up a great defence of our cup and are back where we belong with a huge fan base, and a good core of player. Success to me!

steakbake
24-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Pleased we're finally out of the Championship. Have enjoyed a few of the matches along the way.

Saddened that we don't get to defend the cup in the final - would rather be beaten finalists than semi-finalists (of course, would far rather we held onto it for another year!).

Delighted with the manager we've got. Really pleased with some of the players we have and lots of room for optimism for next year for a top 4 finish and a decent bash at the cup.

Tamhere1875
24-04-2017, 11:12 AM
With 3 first team games left and 2 development games left its been one hell of a season. The first team did what they set out to do get us out of the championship, took a wee bit longer than some expected but they got there finally. The development team have had a great season and following these laddies home and away has been a joy. What better way to spen a Tuesday afternoon/night than watching the next generation of Hibs players coming threw. We have some very good players in the development system and I would like to think they will get their chance in the coming season. Let's not forget the lady's team who also had a great season ( well worth going along and having a look if you have time on a Sunday) Our club is on the up we have a manager and a back room staff who are winners let's just hope the board back them to the hilt. Lastly but not least the supporters, we keep hearing about how other teams say they have the best supporters in the world let's just say the can't have been to a Hibs game home or away as as far as I'm concerned we are and we will always be the best there is the best there was the best there will ever be. WE ARE HIBERNIAN.
GGTTH