PDA

View Full Version : Fans leaving

18Hibee75
23-04-2017, 12:15 PM
After Aberdeens second yesterday there were a few hundred hibs fans walking up the steps towards the exit - obviously it could just be a massive coincidence and everyone needed the toilet at the same time, but is there anyone on here that did leave after second? Or know anyone that did? Just curious.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
23-04-2017, 12:18 PM
i didn't witness this mass exodus :confused:

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2017, 12:19 PM
After Aberdeens second yesterday there were a few hundred hibs fans walking up the steps towards the exit - obviously it could just be a massive coincidence and everyone needed the toilet at the same time, but is there anyone on here that did leave after second? Or know anyone that did? Just curious.

How did you manage to count them?

scooby
23-04-2017, 12:19 PM
I wasn't aware of this, but can't understand why anyone would leave after 30 mins?

marinello59
23-04-2017, 12:21 PM
I didn't see anybody leave. Which part of the ground was this?

tamig
23-04-2017, 12:21 PM
I was in the north and there were a fair few folk making their way up the stairs when the second goal went in. Whether they needed a pish, were hungrry or were exiting for the boozer I have no idea.

Scouse Hibee
23-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Was at the end of the row in the North at VV and saw no exodus pass me.

18Hibee75
23-04-2017, 12:24 PM
I didn't see anybody leave. Which part of the ground was this?
East stand near the south stand. Seemed a but strange to me.

Just Alf
23-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Was few left that were standing around me,, but were back 5-10 mins later (a couple who looked especially excitable for a while afterwards... Sniff sniff)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
23-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Was few left that were standing around me,, but were back 5-10 mins later (a couple who looked especially excitable for a while afterwards... Sniff sniff)

Surely no ?

HFC07
23-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Aye some lad beside me in the east said **** this I'm off to the pub.
His friends tried to get him to stay. But he was having none of it.

Worked out fine for me as I managed to get my old man sat beside me.

That same guy did text his pals when we were 2-2 saying he wish he'd stayed.

Galahibby
23-04-2017, 12:35 PM
I noticed that from the north, but just assumed it was a bit of frustration on their behalf and they were heading up for a fag/pee/bovril/whatever. I'm sure the majority, if not all, were back 5 mins later.

yonder1875
I needed the toilet throughout the first half and what better time to go while Aberdeen are celebrating a goal. Nobody would have left

SeanWilson
From the north it was quite clear to see hundreds leaving from behind the goals

simple
23-04-2017, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=18Hibee75;5020899]After Aberdeens second yesterday there were a few hundred hibs fans walking up the steps towards the exit - obviously it could just be a massive coincidence and everyone needed the toilet at the same time, but is there anyone on here that did leave after second? Or know anyone that did? Just curious.

I went to the toilet after the 2nd just to let off steam, didn't necessarily need the toilet, maybe people down likewise. Or maybe thought a good time to go for an early pie.

Just Alf
23-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Surely no ?
Yup... Unfortunately...

Mind you, head uptown on a Saturday and you'll see it much more.

stoneyburn hibs
23-04-2017, 12:39 PM
From the north it was quite clear to see hundreds leaving from behind the goals

I was behind the goals and quite a few headed up the stairs. I'd like to think that the majority came back because that's brutal patter.

stoneyburn hibs
23-04-2017, 12:41 PM
Yup... Unfortunately...

Mind you, head uptown on a Saturday and you'll see it much more.

Sorry, I was alluding to there possibly being yams at the game.

O'Rourke3
23-04-2017, 12:44 PM
I'd assumed that they were taking a break/going for a pie - not leaving. Second half crowd looked as large as the first from where I was in the East.

Just Alf
23-04-2017, 12:45 PM
Sorry, I was alluding to there possibly being yams at the game.
Ha ha... Whooshed!

Mind you,, now you mention it, they did have that look about them

Green Man
23-04-2017, 12:46 PM
There were a few folk around me left their seats at the second goal but they came back, I've done it myself at Hampden before when things have got frustrating, gone to the gents or sometimes stood on the concourse for a while to calm myself down. I think there were a fair few people who left at half time in the Falkirk semi a few years back and have learned not to do it again!

Pretty Boy
23-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Saw a few disappear bit most came back not long after.

I'd say about 1-2% of fans left before FT yesterday but for whatever reason a few people seem determined to talk our fans down after yesterday.

keep the faith
23-04-2017, 12:56 PM
At the cup final last year, the guy in front was giving it the super hibee bit the whole first half and stormed out the ground when haliday scored pausing only to turn and shout f off hibs on his way up the steps.

Guaranteed he would be one of the guys flooding Facebook with "hibs til I die" posts in the days after the game and queuing up for his cup winners tattoo! 😆

Allant1981
23-04-2017, 01:03 PM
we were behind the goals and there was a fair few leaving as aberdeen scored the 2nd, not sure if they came back or not

Keith_M
23-04-2017, 01:07 PM

Maybe a load of people just decided to go for a coffee?

I sometimes do that when I'm P'd off with the team.

Lago
23-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Nothing compared to the Spurs fans leaving Wembley.

Itsnoteasy
23-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Nothing compared to the Spurs fans leaving Wembley.

But that was 10 mins to go,

h1bee123
23-04-2017, 01:20 PM
4 guys in front of me left after the 2nd Aberdeen goal and never came back - this was in the South Stand by corner flag. One of them tried to leave after the first goal went in but his mate stopped him. I don't understand how you can leave a game when only 2 down and 70 minutes to go - its just such a waste of time and money. Those type of fans don't deserve a team like Hibs.

iwasthere1972
23-04-2017, 01:22 PM

Probably either gone for a pee, a pie or a smoke out the back of the east stand.

SON OF PADDY
23-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Guy on our bus left straight after Aberdeen scored their first !🤤
That's ONE Minute into the game!!
He's got previous as well 😱😱😱
To make matters worse he held up the bus for 20 minutes, as he was still in the pub.
Prick of a man 😤😡😠

givescotlandfreedom
23-04-2017, 01:27 PM
I noticed that from the north, but just assumed it was a bit of frustration on their behalf and they were heading up for a fag/pee/bovril/whatever. I'm sure the majority, if not all, were back 5 mins later.

I think the same. Certainly weren't any visible gaps compared to kick off.

iwasthere1972
23-04-2017, 01:30 PM
To make matters worse he held up the bus for 20 minutes, as he was still in the pub.
Prick of a man 😤😡😠

That's mental.

Not as bad but my nephew left after Falkirk scored their third goal against us in 2013. He had also paid for his carers ticket and rail travel from Edinburgh. He had just arrived home at his flat in Dalry, put the telly on, when Hibs scored the fourth goal. I shouldn't but :greengrin

andyf5
23-04-2017, 01:36 PM
East stand near the south stand. Seemed a but strange to me.

I saw one leave in same area who never came back to the same seat. Don't know why you are saying "a few hundred". Fans go the toilet or get food at these points. I've never left a game but equally if others feel they want to do that I've no problem. I actually thought it was one of our best supports at Hampden.

Franck Stanton
23-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Prick of a man 😤😡😠

The guy obviously isn't a football supporter at all. goes to games, especially semi's and finals for the day out, to talk with supporters and most importantly have a good piss-up. NOT a FOOTBALL fan at all. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a pint as much as the next man but it doesn't come before the football-if it does then I would say he has a serious drink problem.

gogsy23
23-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Most went to calm down i think. Certainly all beside me in g1 came back in a few minutes. Non story.

jacomo
23-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Poster on here admitted that he left Hampden in a huff after Rangers 2nd goal on 21.5.16. And took his kid with him.

we are hibs
23-04-2017, 02:19 PM
after watching us come back from 2 down to hearts, 3 down to Falkirk, scored many late goals including grays winner. I don't understand why anyone would leave a hibs game early unless we are being hammered.

Bristolhibby
23-04-2017, 02:22 PM
There were a few folk around me left their seats at the second goal but they came back, I've done it myself at Hampden before when things have got frustrating, gone to the gents or sometimes stood on the concourse for a while to calm myself down. I think there were a fair few people who left at half time in the Falkirk semi a few years back and have learned not to do it again!

Yip, I was one of those Falkirk halftimers. Never again.

J

Bristolhibby
23-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Poster on here admitted that he left Hampden in a huff after Rangers 2nd goal on 21.5.16. And took his kid with him.

Oooft! What a plumb! One goal in it, that's crazy.

At least my 0-3 at HT for the Falkirk game on the back of the 5-1 the year before was kinda justified.

J

ColinNish
23-04-2017, 02:26 PM
No danger were 'hundreds' leaving after goal. More likely away for a pee & pie

Shrekko
23-04-2017, 02:28 PM
There's always a lot of folk in here take umbrage at the suggestion but Hibs fans are really bad for leaving games early- and yes everyone is entitled to id they want but I find it weird. Even during normal league games it never ceases to amaze me how the stands -mainly the East start to empty 5-10 mins before the end even when it's a close game. A load of folk in my row left just after Aberdeen's 3rd goal.

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2017, 02:44 PM
Was in F4 and cant say I noticed anybody leaving either at the 2nd sheep goal or even after their 3rd one ..... as other folk have said it was probably folk who went for a fag out the back of the east or decided it was a good time to go to the bog or for a pie .... certainly for the 2nd half our section and those either side didn't appear to have any empty seats.

I'm not saying some folk didn't leave, but if they did it was a tiny minority .... our fans were magnificent yesterday .... I've been going to watch the club for 40 odd years and I can safely say I cant remember a time where our fans have been so vocal or shown such passion as they are at the moment, currently the best in Scotland I would say :not worth

RoscoHibby
23-04-2017, 02:59 PM
I was in East South corner and when the sheep scored the 2nd, I went for a piss. Then spent a minute or so having a quick puff at a tab, so can look back and see where any would have left. Didn't see anyone. Did see an unusually large number of folk doing the same but...

Franck Stanton
23-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Each to their own but I never leave a game before full time, after all, I want to see my team from minute 1 to minute last each and every game. In fact, as soon as the game is over I am looking forward to the next game . HATE the close-season with a passion.

jacomo
23-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Oooft! What a plumb! One goal in it, that's crazy.

At least my 0-3 at HT for the Falkirk game on the back of the 5-1 the year before was kinda justified.

J

Yup mental behaviour. And 100% parenting fail.

I walked out of the 2012 Cup Final on 75 minutes after they scored their 5th. But the game was obviously gone!

23-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Prick of a man 😤😡😠

Bought a ticket, travelled all the way through to Glasgow and only saw 1 minute (in fact not even that, it was about 14 seconds in they scored)of the game?! Smart move :rolleyes:

leither17
23-04-2017, 03:59 PM
I went up the stairs after the 2nd to treat myself to a hot dog and a water £7.10

SON OF PADDY
23-04-2017, 05:23 PM
As the old saying goes , Some mother's do have them !! [emoji15] but if I'm honest " it really grips ma **** " [emoji35] [emoji35]

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Leith Green
23-04-2017, 05:44 PM

Thats beyond insane , now knowing the outcome of course. I cant believe how horrible a feeling that must be , knowing that ur laddie thinks ur a dick because he missed out