PDA

View Full Version : Fighting in East Stand

John Plunkett
23-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Well done to the fans fighting amongst themselves in East Stand (Section F2) during the first half. Thankfully the young Mum and her 2 kids were ok.

Embarassing.......

Billy Whizz
23-04-2017, 12:18 PM
That's outrageous, families shouldn't have to be subjected to incidents like this. Shame on the culprits

marinello59
23-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Well done to the fans fighting amongst themselves in East Stand (Section F2) during the first half. Thankfully the young Mum and her 2 kids were ok.

Embarassing.......

We were in F2. Saw nothing.

H18 SFR
23-04-2017, 12:21 PM
It seemed strange. Always seems to happen at Hampden.

Just Alf
23-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Heard about it on the bus afterwards.. Not got whole story it it was something about folks deciding to sit anywhere and not being happy at being asked to move, woman in the group slapped the guy asking them to move... He held back but one of his mates was mad and her boyfriend /hubby punched him.

That's the main gist of it... If it was the same incident of course!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Stantons Angel
23-04-2017, 12:37 PM

what about the chump in the South Stand who when a Hibs player got fouled, jumped over the wall on to the track and was promptly taken out by around four policemen? What a waste of his £30 ticket and other expenses
for the day........ only half way through the first half!

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Heard about it on the bus afterwards.. Not got whole story it it was something about folks deciding to sit anywhere and not being happy at being asked to move, woman in the group slapped the guy asking them to move... He held back but one of his mates was mad and her boyfriend /hubby punched him.

Same happened at the Falkirk 4-3 game. What is it with some folks?
People need to use their commonsense and basic reading ability. And if not the stewards need to do their job.

At the Falkirk game the knock-on effect of someone sitting in the wrong seats and refusing to budge meant that the stewards inability to deal with it ended up in fisticuffs. Madness and easily avoidable.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2017, 12:40 PM
A group of 20K people will always have a handful of idiots. Add in some peoples need to drink beyond their limits before a big football match and you'll get a few more.

Not nice for those caught up in the nonsense of course but 99% of Hibs fans were a credit to the club and themselves yesterday and a few muppets shouldn't tarnish that.

Just Alf
23-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Same happened at the Falkirk 4-3 game. What is it with some folks?
People need to use their commonsense and basic reading ability. And if not the stewards need to do their job.

At the Falkirk game the knock-on effect of someone sitting in the wrong seats and refusing to budge meant that the stewards inability to deal with it ended up in fisticuffs. Madness and easily avoidable.
It's crap when it happens

They need to add on to the ticket terms and conditions that if you HAVE to be moved from a wrong seat by a steward then you'll not be taken to your correct seat but taken to the exit.

Mainstandman
23-04-2017, 12:52 PM
what about the chump in the South Stand who when a Hibs player got fouled, jumped over the wall on to the track and was promptly taken out by around four policemen? What a waste of his £30 ticket and other expenses

Saw that right in front of me. Unfortunately I was not on the isle seat otherwise I'd have tried to grab him. He kinda lumbered down and went over slowly

Sir David Gray
23-04-2017, 12:56 PM

It was after their second goal.

Carheenlea
23-04-2017, 12:56 PM

Was that not at the 2nd goal when the Aberdeen players were celebrating in front of the Hibs fans? Looked like they were going to put him back in the stand before leading him away. A daft moment regardless.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2017, 12:57 PM
We were in F2. Saw nothing.

We were in F3 and saw a commotion in F2. No idea what it was but police ended up coming down the stairs to sort it.

Bristolhibby
23-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Just to add to the wider context and there was handbags, filthy language at the Spurs v Chelsea game. (My brother in law had some spare tickets, obviously would have rather been at Hampden).

Gist of this one was some Spurs being offended at other Spurs fans leaving at 4-2 with ten to go when Chelsea have just scored.

Fans taking offence at being called part time fans. Fisticuffs marginally avoided.

Semi Finals are high charged emotional events, but have a word peeps. I had my two boys and there were loads of kids around.

J

Lago
23-04-2017, 01:19 PM
A group of 20K people will always have a handful of idiots. Add in some peoples need to drink beyond their limits before a big football match and you'll get a few more.

Not nice for those caught up in the nonsense of course but 99% of Hibs fans were a credit to the club and themselves yesterday and a few muppets shouldn't tarnish that.
But the muppets do spoil it for others & they are the reason this long time Hibs fan made the decision 4 or 5 years ago not to go to Hampden.

23-04-2017, 01:20 PM
The hibs fans were absolutely outstanding yesterday, shame a couple of idiots have to spoil it for others. Always the same at Hampden i'm afraid, always brings out the idiot element of the support. Mostly drink fuelled, some folk seem to think its pointless going to these games unless their absolutely guttered. Which is fine, have a good drink before the game if you want but don't come to the game and act like a fanny.

Green Man
23-04-2017, 01:31 PM
One of the things I actually like about early kick offs is that I don't have time to get semi-drunk before the game and so I avoid the mid afternoon hangover on the way home from the game. The last couple of times I've been to Hampden I've gone in the car as trying to get into a pub for a couple of pints before the game just isn't worth the hassle.

23-04-2017, 01:38 PM
One of the things I actually like about early kick offs is that I don't have time to get semi-drunk before the game and so I avoid the mid afternoon hangover on the way home from the game. The last couple of times I've been to Hampden I've gone in the car as trying to get into a pub for a couple of pints before the game just isn't worth the hassle.

Yep. I've been to cup finals at hampden which kick off at 3 and seen folk just about paraletic with drink.

The worst ever was before the 2007 league cup final. In the pub before the game and by the time we were leaving to walk to hamdpen, one guy couldn't even stand. His poor mate who had driven through with him had to take him back home to Edinburgh as there was absolutely no chance in hell that he was going to get into the ground. I'm talking literally couldn't stand up. Waste of ticket money, travel costs and of course ended up missing seeing hibs win the cup. Felt so sorry for his poor mate but he was kind of left with no other choice.

Jones28
23-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Mentioned this on another thread but one particular group in G4 had a couple of idiots amongst them, one of whom decided that standing in my seat space having stood to let him past was acceptable and took great offence when I asked him to move on the steps. Offering me and my 51 year old dad up for a fight and having to stop him from assaulting my dad. How the hell he and his mates got in I have no idea because a couple of the group were really pished.

I have been to 4 semi finals at Hampden and in 2 of them I've been offered out for a scrap for doing nothing but asking someone to move out my seat yesterday and trying to stop a young lad from chucking a bamboo cane from a flag down the length of the stand against Falkirk. Of course he succeeded and then after spitting at me and my group and chucking brown sauce over my mate he was ejected, not without trying to attack me.

These ********s always seem to make an appearance at Hampden and I don't think I'll bother going back for a wee while, game spoiled for me and the old man in what would otherwise been an enjoyable game with a disappointing end result.

Ps big shout-out to the young lad behind us who tried to help calm the twat down, a pint for the next time I see you.

Sir David Gray
23-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Yep. I've been to cup finals at hampden which kick off at 3 and seen folk just about paraletic with drink.

The worst ever was before the 2007 league cup final. In the pub before the game and by the time we were leaving to walk to hamdpen, one guy couldn't even stand. His poor mate who had driven through with him had to take him back home to Edinburgh as there was absolutely no chance in hell that he was going to get into the ground. I'm talking literally couldn't stand up. Waste of ticket money, travel costs and of course ended up missing seeing hibs win the cup. Felt so sorry for his poor mate but he was kind of left with no other choice.

I would have booked him a taxi back to Edinburgh and taken the money off him the next day.

No way I would have missed a cup final because a friend couldn't hold their drink.

Onceinawhile
23-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Could tell there was something going on in f2 from where I was sat (f1) but couldn't see anything.

The boys behind me kindly smashed the back of my seat after our equaliser though. Don't understand that reaction personally.

Scouse Hibee
23-04-2017, 02:10 PM
I never saw one single bit of bother yesterday in the North or anyone that was a pain in the erse. Very decent crowd around us with no idiots.

Mantis Toboggan
23-04-2017, 02:13 PM
There was a guy outside the internaional bar pre game that spent about 10 minutes trying to throw up. Pretty sure he was swedged up. Its a bold move for a 1215 KO.

we are hibs
23-04-2017, 02:14 PM

Id have chucked him in the back of the car, let him sleep some of it off and went to the game.

ColinNish
23-04-2017, 02:17 PM
I never saw one single bit of bother yesterday in the North or anyone that was a pain in the erse. Very decent crowd around us with no idiots.

That's coz all the numpties are in the cheap seats! 😉

hibee_girl
23-04-2017, 02:17 PM
We saw the police going down to the row but didn't see what happened.

Didn't see any trouble or anyone in too bad a state apart from one woman who was steaming and nearly fell down the stairs

cabbageandribs1875
23-04-2017, 02:20 PM
That's coz all the numpties are in the cheap seats! 😉

quite poor taste for a 'joke' ? people on budgets and all that

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2017, 02:23 PM
It's inevitable that whenever there's a huge crowd at Hampden, there will be a (thankfully) very small number of people who will disgrace themselves, be it through drink or some other reason. It's impossible to have an entirely incident free day on such occasions.

23-04-2017, 02:25 PM
I would have booked him a taxi back to Edinburgh and taken the money off him the next day.

No way I would have missed a cup final because a friend couldn't hold their drink.

Id have chucked him in the back of the car, let him sleep some of it off and went to the game.

Same here but fair play to the guy he stuck with him to make sure he was ok. Probably the drunkest i've ever seen somebody. Couldn't walk, could barely speak, total mess. I suspect drugs might have been involved but i don't know, I just remeber thinking what a terrible state to get into before a football game (or in general really!).

ColinNish
23-04-2017, 02:28 PM
quite poor taste for a 'joke' ? people on budgets and all that

Behave!!

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Same here but fair play to the guy he stuck with him to make sure he was ok. Probably the drunkest i've ever seen somebody. Couldn't walk, could barely speak, total mess. I suspect drugs might have been involved but i don't know, I just remeber thinking what a terrible state to get into before a football game (or in general really!).

I can't understand how someone can be in that state for a 12.15 kick off, nor why anyone would think it's a good idea. Waste of a journey and the price of a ticket.

Broken Gnome
23-04-2017, 02:29 PM
I was witness to the best bit of criticism I've ever heard dished out to a Hibs player. Not sure how Jason Cummings would feel to be told he was *****, the guy would get him to ****, and that he was even worse than Steven Fletcher.

Scouse Hibee
23-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Behave!!

Indeed.

Scouse Hibee
23-04-2017, 02:37 PM
I can't understand how someone can be in that state for a 12.15 kick off, nor why anyone would think it's a good idea. Waste of a journey and the price of a ticket.

Me neither, I enjoy a drink but getting yourself totally bladdered before a football game seems pointless to me.

RamYer1902
23-04-2017, 02:47 PM
********s arguing over a seat. Guy turned and asked to watch their language with kids about. Then very drunk guy maybe 40-50 just struck out at a younger lad in the row infront and then older guy got removed... that's what it looked like to me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
23-04-2017, 02:49 PM
Me neither, I enjoy a drink but getting yourself totally bladdered before a football game seems pointless to me.

Quite right. A few relax beforehand, and if you need to get slaughtered do it afterwards.

Lancs Harp
23-04-2017, 02:52 PM
I thought Hibs fans were great yesterday. Little opportunity to get a skinfull before the game and the atmosphere outside Hampden was very good natured and like a club open day. Yet having said that the backing we gave the team inside the stadium was exceptional. Our pre match drink was a coffeee and beef slice with the Aberdeen fans on the other side of the stadium in Greggs, all good natured. Having said that I have to admit to a good night on the booze the night before in the Merchant City.

There certainly was a bit of an issue in F2, we were in F1, plenty of Police on the scene but didnt see anyone getting dragged out so presume it all got sorted without too much bother.

The boys on the pitch after a very difficult start did us proud yesterday but our fans were magnificant, regardlesss.

Mantis Toboggan
23-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Did anyone else endure the booze aisle at asda after? Grown men robbing bottles of vodka and 16 year olds throwing cider everywhere. It was both horrific and amazing.

Dalianwanda
23-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Did anyone else endure the booze aisle at asda after? Grown men robbing bottles of vodka and 16 year olds throwing cider everywhere. It was both horrific and amazing.

I was in the North, thought our support was amazing. I managed to get into Asda pretty quick smart after the game & was surprised how well behaved everyone was...Again a minority must have been up to nonsense..Plenty of fans very polite to some fairly freaked shoppers.

23-04-2017, 03:08 PM

It was before the 2007 league cup final so it would have been a 3pm kick off but yea your right, ridiculous state to be in at that time and as you say, a total waste of money and journey.

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2017, 03:10 PM
After every visit to Hampden we get a thread like this one. There certainly seemed to be an incident in F2 and I saw the police heading in there, but that aside most folk seemed to be well behaved .... you are always going to get the odd numptie at these games and I would highly doubt that's exclusive to the Hibs support or Hampden for that matter.

I like a pre match drink as do most of the folk on our supporters bus, but we manage to keep a lid on it ..... when we got to our seats we clearly had folk sitting in the wrong row because we were 2 seats short ... it turned out to be the two folk on the end, but it was sorted out without the need for any bad feeling and everybody handled it with good humour .... they were nice folk who had just made a mistake.

I notice a few folk saying they wont go to Hampden or think twice about it because of some of the folk you get attending these matches ... screw that says I ...... I've had a few incidents at matches myself with idiots who should be ashamed to call themselves Hibbies, but that'll be the day some boozed up ned puts me off supporting my club at Hampden or anywhere else for that matter.

Mantis Toboggan
23-04-2017, 03:12 PM
After every visit to Hampden we get a thread like this one. There certainly seemed to be an incident in F2 and I saw the police heading in there, but that aside most folk seemed to be well behaved .... you are always going to get the odd numptie at these games and I would highly doubt that's exclusive to the Hibs support or Hampden for that matter.

I like a pre match drink as do most of the folk on our supporters bus, but we manage to keep a lid on it ..... when we got to our seats we clearly had folk sitting in the wrong row because we were 2 seats short ... it turned out to be the two folk on the end, but it was sorted out without the need for any bad feeling and everybody handled it with good humour .... they were nice folk who had just made a mistake.

I notice a few folk saying they wont go to Hampden or think twice about it because of some of the folk you get attending these matches ... screw that says I ...... I've had a few incidents at matches myself with idiots who should be ashamed to call themselves Hibbies, but that'll be the day some boozed up ned puts me off supporting my club at Hampden or anywhere else for that matter.

Spot on. Some folk like to get lit up but thats their choice. Not going to hold it against them or let it affect my day.

23-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Quite right. A few relax beforehand, and if you need to get slaughtered do it afterwards.

Exactly. But even at that, you can have a good drink before the game without having to turn into a total knob. Before most hampden games we are booked into a pub or hotel and we enjoy a good bevy and i do admit going to a few games feeling a bit tipsy but i've never caused anyone any bother or been unpleasant in any way and i know a lot of people are the same. Some folk unfortunatly have a few drinks in them and suddenly start giving it the big hard man act or become determined to pick a fight. Usually grown men who should know better. Pathetic.

Mantis Toboggan
23-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Exactly. But even at that, you can have a good drink before the game without having to turn into a total knob. Before most hampden games we are booked into a pub or hotel and we enjoy a good bevy and i do admit going to a few games feeling a bit tipsy but i've never caused anyone any bother or been unpleasant in any way and i know a lot of people are the same. Some folk unfortunatly have a few drinks in them and suddenly start giving it the big hard man act or become determined to pick a fight. Usually grown men who should know better. Pathetic.

Some people are just dicks. True in life and also hibs games. Rise above....

alihibs1
23-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Probably two part timers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

23-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Some people are just dicks. True in life and also hibs games. Rise above....

True. Can't handle your drink or drink turns you into an total idiot then please do us all a favour and stay away from it before the football as it is highly unpleasant for those who have to be around you for 90 odd minutes or so.

Pete
23-04-2017, 03:35 PM
I was going to suggest having G for "lads" next time and F for families but some of the worst offenders I witnessed were actually with their kids.

Nothing violent, they were just acting like dicks. Shouting, swearing, foaming at the mouth and moaning at their bairns for having the cheek to be doing bairns stuff. Embarrassing stuff from supposedly grown adults who are doing nothing to encourage the wee ones to come back. It probably puts them off

23-04-2017, 03:42 PM

I agree, don't let the minority (and it really is a very very small amount of people) put you off going to support the team or having a great day out. The hibs support in the main is very good, majority are nice people who have no intention of causing any bother, just want to go and support the team. Everybody around us yesterday was great, good humour and chat, not a bit of bother.

Stantons Angel
23-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Saw that right in front of me. Unfortunately I was not on the isle seat otherwise I'd have tried to grab him. He kinda lumbered down and went over slowly
May have been a wee bitty inder the weather sillyam.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Onion
23-04-2017, 03:54 PM

There was a bunch of 16 / 17 yr old neds in G6 who were not in the least interested in the match, some completely out of their heads and spent most of the time going up and down the walkway. Don't think they even realised there was a match going on. You'd think they'd have something better to do with £20.

Keith_M
23-04-2017, 03:56 PM
So there was basically one relatively minor incident caused by a couple refusing to leave the their seats, even though they were sat in the wrong place.

Not exactly major violence.

hfc rd
23-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Disgusting behaviour if true.

Arch Stanton
23-04-2017, 06:14 PM

Totally annoys me that - always unapologetic as if it's an irrelevance!.

The tickets got a number, the seats got a number - so what is it that these numpties don't get.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Plenty folk in front of me getting into the East just before kick off were more than the worse for wear. Two lassies in front of me downed a bottle of sherry between them rather than hand it over. Seems a bit odd that the heavy handed stewarding is left for inside the stadium rather than being a bit more robust on the way in. Do we expect any fines for the smoke bombs?

HONG KONG PHOOEY
23-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Was in F2 never seen anything. Most people around me were sober. Seen a lot at the back that had a few drinks but on the whole most were very well behaved. Enjoyed my day (bar the result).

Green Man
23-04-2017, 06:53 PM
A guy approached my mate claiming he was in his seat, before we pointed that row RR is different to row R :greengrin

Frazerbob
23-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Someone on another forum saying there was some bother after the game at Clockwork and Kings Park.

Lancs Harp
23-04-2017, 11:51 PM
We went past the Clockwork after the game. Aberdeen fans were queueing to get in. There was a bit of banter but nothing serious from what I saw. The two or three mouth pieces were as loud as anything they produced in the stadium during the game to be fair.

monktonharp
24-04-2017, 12:32 AM
There was a guy outside the internaional bar pre game that spent about 10 minutes trying to throw up. Pretty sure he was swedged up. Its a bold move for a 1215 KO.deary me. someone was pissed the night before, goes into a pub, comes oot then speews was he about 18, or 65?

Bostonhibby
24-04-2017, 08:24 AM
A guy approached my mate claiming he was in his seat, before we pointed that row RR is different to row R :greengrin
Was in RR and we had similar.A lost soul who plonked himself in the middle of our block of 7. He was a bit relaxed and said his ticket was next to his mates. Pointed him in the right direction

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HAZ2000
24-04-2017, 09:02 AM
7 of us were sat in D3 (3 in AA and 4 in BB) had two seats mysteriously missing when we arrived in BB. A family of 4 had taken 2 of our seats and were politely asked to check their seat number again. Instead of moving they decided to argue that they did in fact buy the 2 seats they claimed to, and when asked to show the ticket, they completely ignored us all and told their 2 kids not to move out the seats. Eventually they moved over to give us the seats. Around 10 minutes later, another couple of guys asked the same family to check their seats again, once again they claimed to have bought the seats and the guys eventually left to find an empty seat elsewhere.

Carheenlea
24-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Went to watch half time highlights on TV in the South at the break, and there seemed to be a bit of a row going on by the exit. From what I could hear it was only a few angry individuals getting very upset with stewards because they wouldn't let them outside to smoke. That's about as violent as you get in the relative tranquility of the South Stand.