PDA

View Full Version : Miles Hyppolyte

Billy Whizz
23-04-2017, 10:10 AM
These sort of cheating incidents infuriate me

https://mobile.twitter.com/officialdafc/status/855836148211568641

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-04-2017, 10:14 AM
That's what they do best though Billy, a bunch of diving fouling cheats, this is what we will have to put up with if they get promoted God forbid.

Sammy7nil
23-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Refs are so gullible he does a forward role ffs

ArmadaleHibs
23-04-2017, 10:18 AM
That is a shockingly poor refereeing decision. Even worse for me is the ineptitude of our linesman who seem utterly incapable of making any decision possibly for fear of reprimand. Even at hampdump yesterday the linesman waited on so many occasions for the referee to make a decision before putting a flag up even when he was the only one with a clear view.

It just all adds to the ever growing wrongs from our officials in ALL our leagues. There was a referee from the premier league last season who was down graded for incompetence, his punishment was to referee in the lower league. So he's not competent enough for the top flight but you can referee the likes of hibs and Falkirk and so on. Yeh, cheers.

As for Hypolite, that's where we are in our game now. Trying anything to gain an advantage. Terrible that kind of thing will go unpunished. It will get worse

Captain Trips
23-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Refs are so gullible he does a forward role ffs

When players dive, hold their faces and other forms of pathetic cheating all bets are off for me on ref. It usually then goes how did ref miss or not see it was dive etc.

The one and only focus should be on the player.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Wondering if Houston seen that one. Appalling jump and dive. Bit like that Dross County cheat last week, if the point or points gained make a real difference even if the players get a rap is that just not taking one for the team?

Heisenberg
23-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Surely Houstie will come out and slate his player for cheating? He was quick enough with McGinn and he didn't even dive.

emerald green
23-04-2017, 11:07 AM
I wonder what the video ref would have made of that theatrical dive, had there been one in operation?

Players who cheat like that have no shame. It's ruining the game.

Sir David Gray
23-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Cheating *******s.

Hope they get pumped in the play offs.

jgl07
23-04-2017, 11:20 AM
That's what they do best though Billy, a bunch of diving fouling cheats, this is what we will have to put up with if they get promoted God forbid.
But it happened in a Championship match!

snooky
23-04-2017, 12:32 PM
But it happened in a Championship match!

He said if "they" get promoted.

His teammates are every bit as crooked claiming for the pen.
True sportsmen would have given him a good kick in the ar$e.

Joe6-2
23-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Beyond belief a ref would fall for that! Then again......

O'Rourke3
23-04-2017, 12:48 PM
Well trained by Houstie. Terrible dive. DAFC should complain.

BS44
23-04-2017, 12:56 PM
I'll accept flak for this but Boyle should have done something similar yesterday.

Joe6-2
23-04-2017, 12:58 PM
I'll accept flak for this but Boyle should have done something similar yesterday.

Boyle would be booked for diving! We wouldn't get the decision

Lago
23-04-2017, 01:12 PM

He has previous.

23-04-2017, 01:16 PM
Actually laughed out loud at that! Cheat.

WoreTheGreen
23-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Embarrasing tomatoe heid said anything?

Heisenberg
23-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Embarrasing tomatoe heid said anything?

He says he didn't see it. Shame he didn't hold back like that before trying to get John McGinn a bad reputation then having to post an embarrassing climbdown on the club website the next day. Buffoon of a man.

The Harp Awakes
23-04-2017, 01:41 PM

He's got previous for diving against us and rolling about the deck only to spring up the next second like Lazarus. The way Houston just glossed over the incident in his interview is just typical of the classless bawheid.

WoreTheGreen
23-04-2017, 01:45 PM
I lost any respect for DU after red puss and rat boy pulled the 51 stunt. The chairman should stepped in to stop this. However the lesser of two eveils i would see DU go up rather thar pathetic no mark tiny wee club

Conj
23-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Tam McManus said on the radio that he thought it was a penalty

Billy Whizz
23-04-2017, 04:26 PM

Sean Murdoch got booked for his appeal, and had to go off injured due to the incident

givescotlandfreedom
23-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Did BBC Scotland interview the Dunfermline fans to ask what they thought of it?

franck sauzee
23-04-2017, 04:29 PM
I was worried we were signing him when I saw the thead!

jacomo
23-04-2017, 04:32 PM

He'll be disappointed with himself for that.

Aldo
23-04-2017, 05:35 PM
It wasn't even a penalty as Keeper pushes ball away! That should be shown to club and player and an explanation given by them.

That is cheating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat Stanton
23-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Did BBC Scotland interview the Dunfermline fans to ask what they thought of it?

According to a Pars pal (and, no, I've no idea how true this is really..) the ref is well known Falkirk fan and even has the tattoo to prove it..

givescotlandfreedom
24-04-2017, 08:29 PM
According to a Pars pal (and, no, I've no idea how true this is really..) the ref is well known Falkirk fan and even has the tattoo to prove it..

Craig Charleston certainly is. He was at Tannadice on Saturday.

hibee_girl
25-04-2017, 03:26 PM
He's accepted a two match ban

Billy Whizz
25-04-2017, 03:56 PM

And his team get to keep the 3 points

Hibs1969
25-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Houston said: “Myles has duped the referee and we accept that. “We will accept the punishment and deal with Myles further, internally. “It was a matter in focus this week following an incident in the Ross County versus Celtic game, and we don’t want that sort of thing coming to us at Falkirk Football Club. “We want to win matches fairly, and we will accept the punishment and deal with Myles internally.”

Read more at: http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/hippolyte-handed-a-two-match-ban-for-dive-1-4429002

Jim44
25-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Houston said: “Myles has duped the referee and we accept that. “We will accept the punishment and deal with Myles further, internally. “It was a matter in focus this week following an incident in the Ross County versus Celtic game, and we don’t want that sort of thing coming to us at Falkirk Football Club. “We want to win matches fairly, and we will accept the punishment and deal with Myles internally.”

Read more at: http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/hippolyte-handed-a-two-match-ban-for-dive-1-4429002

.............. which means the cheat will be reprimanded for making such a sloppy job of his simulation. I'm sure their training sessions in simulation are intended to be more convincing. :greengrin

Billychaotic182
25-04-2017, 04:14 PM

Fair play to them. Can't really do more than that other than throw the player under the bus. Feels dirty complimenting the ass

HibernianJK
25-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Out of interest, how would you like Hibs to deal with a player if this happened?

Dock a weeks wages, an additional game suspension, train with the 20s for a week?

BH Hibs
25-04-2017, 04:15 PM

Did the Ross county player get anything for his dive against Celtic?

SouthMoroccoStu
25-04-2017, 04:16 PM

Yeah a penalty 😜

Pete
25-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Out of interest, how would you like Hibs to deal with a player if this happened?

Dock a weeks wages, an additional game suspension, train with the 20s for a week?

A good telling off.

hibee_girl
25-04-2017, 04:31 PM

I think he got a 2 match ban too

Bostonhibby
25-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Could hyppolyte fill the Jamie walker role if he leaves, or injures himself with one of his many dives?

Is hyppolyte an even better cheat with a better strike rate? Certainly yam class.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
25-04-2017, 06:46 PM
I'd like to see a rule introduced that if the player has clearly cheated to gain a penalty, and his team have scored from the spot, that not only does the player receive a ban but the goal is chalked off and the result changed. Controversial but why should Falkirk or whoever the team is benefit. One of the hurdles would be that bookies would have already paid out.

Thoughts?

snooky
25-04-2017, 06:48 PM
I'd like to see a rule introduced that if the player has clearly cheated to gain a penalty, and his team have scored from the spot, that not only does the player receive a ban but the goal is chalked off and the result changed. Controversial but why should Falkirk or whoever the team is benefit. One of the hurdles would be that bookies would have already paid out.

Thoughts?

I agree with you but the only trouble is when you come to the grey areas - or when it's not to the advantage of the OF.

Keith_M
25-04-2017, 06:58 PM
I'd love to see blatant cheating dealt with effectively but I think retrospectively changing the score would just lead to chaos.

Although where Hibs have scored a perfectly legitimate goal that was, by some amazing miracle, completely unseen by the Ref, Linesman and Fourth Official, you could convince me that it might be a good idea.

cabbageandribs1875
25-04-2017, 07:21 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39710204

Falkirk forward Myles Hippolyte has accepted a two-game suspension for diving from the Scottish Football Association's compliance officer.

The 22-year-old was charged with committing "an act of simulation" to earn his side a penalty in Saturday's 2-1 win over Dunfermline Athletic.

the penalty that resulted from cheating should also be rescinded..why should falkirk benefit

Jim44
25-04-2017, 07:38 PM
When a player is caught cheating red-handed, he should have to wear a bright armband for one whole season so that referees are on full alert in every game. Either that or tattoo 'cheat' on his forehead. :greengrin

stantonhibby
25-04-2017, 07:42 PM
When a player is caught cheating red-handed, he should have to wear a bright armband for one whole season so that referees are on full alert in every game. Either that or tattoo 'cheat' on his forehead. :greengrin

Seems fair

Sir David Gray
25-04-2017, 07:51 PM

Thoughts?

Or how about have video evidence that can be used straightaway for contentious decisions to be examined at the time and overturned if need be?

Tinribs
25-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Some Falkirk 'wit' has edited his Wikipedia entry.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myles_Hippolyte

Callum_62
25-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Or how about have video evidence that can be used straightaway for contentious decisions to be examined at the time and overturned if need be?

thatl never catch on

southsider
25-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Seems fair

Replay the game with the cheats 0 v 1 at k.o.

West lower
25-04-2017, 07:59 PM
I think tv companies could help get rid of the cheating. For example, Sportscene could have a "cheat of the day" and run a league table showing which club is top villains. Just run it all season and keep humiliating them. Even Houston would get an even worse Beamer . Although not sure it would make a difference at Tynecastle. They have no shame about cheating on or off the pitch.

mjhibby
25-04-2017, 08:43 PM
And his team get to keep the 3 points

The dive was mentioned on talk sport and called horrendous by hawksby and Jacobs. Can't believe there were people defending it. Ban needs to go up to 5 matches. Has the bald eagle Houston condemned it yet. It shows cheats can win as it won Falkirk an extra two points that could get them second and possibly into the spl. It was such a blatant dive. Surely if players exaggerate so much the refs can see through it. Obviously not.

houstonhibbee
25-04-2017, 08:48 PM

Thoughts?
No. Where would it end. It would be chaos as suggested

IanM
25-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Houston

Houston pointedly added: “We have taken 10 points from 12 against Dunfermline this season and I would suggest it could have been 12 if not for a debatable penalty given against Tom Taiwo in December. But we didn’t complain about it and greet like babies.”

We don't greet like babies when we get pens against us 😂😂🤔🤔 he breeds incompetence, lies and cheating

snooky
25-04-2017, 09:51 PM

How about each opposition player is allowed a free kick at the shammer without penalty.

Kinda like in the movie 'Double Jeopardy' when if you serve the time for a murder and the person didn't actually die, you can kill them for free.

poolman
25-04-2017, 09:55 PM

Far too sensible for this to work

poolman
25-04-2017, 09:58 PM
Houston

Houston pointedly added: “We have taken 10 points from 12 against Dunfermline this season and I would suggest it could have been 12 if not for a debatable penalty given against Tom Taiwo in December. But we didn’t complain about it and greet like babies.”

We don't greet like babies when we get pens against us 😂😂🤔🤔 he breeds incompetence, lies and cheating

The guy is an absolute two faced moron

Bostonhibby
25-04-2017, 10:07 PM
The guy is an absolute two faced moron
Nae shame, classless, Billy Broon wannabe. Behaving entirely to type. Yam.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The_Sauz
25-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Or Jambo :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2017, 12:04 AM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/04/25/peter-houston-lambasts-unprofessional-dunfermline-falkirk-accept-two-match-ban-myles-hippolyte/?platform=hootsuite

FALKIRK boss Peter Houston has savaged bitter rivals Dunfermline for a lack of professionalism in the aftermath of the Myles Hippolyte diving storm – despite confirming he will accept the two-game ban dished out by the SFA on Tuesday.

Houston knows all about unprofessionalism right enough...utter fudly

JimBHibees
26-04-2017, 06:54 AM
Houston

HTF would it be 12 if Hippolyte hadnt got the pen on Saturday. Hope they get rodgered in the play offs.

Didnt greet like babies eh, he was going on about the McGinn pen, the one we did get all last season after that match. Even called him a cheat when his favourite ref turned down as big a stonewaller as you are likely to see in the second away game.