PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings (whole season)

alihibs1
22-04-2017, 08:15 PM
I started a thread like this last year so I'll do the same. Since the season is basically over here is MY player ratings:

Marciano: 7.5 - I like Marciano; he has made some cracking saves this season. His weaknesses are getting beat at his near post - two occasions I can remember are today and st Mirren away. Also his distribution is questionable sometimes. I would like to see him back at Easter Road next season.

Laidlaw - 6 done the job when he has come in but not a starter. Good back-up

Sir David Gray: 7 - He's a legend. A reliliable right back and a good captain. Went through a bad spell a couple months ago but back to the SSG we know and love. Loves a tackle. Crossing needs improvement.

Lewis Stevenson: 8 - some may disagree but Stevenson has had a cracking season. Been very consistent - has he had a bad game? Crossing has improved which is good to see.

Darren Mcgregor: 9 - You can't not love this guy. Player of the season for me. A couple of mistakes here and there (today) but has bulldozed the Championship.

Paul Hanlon: 7 - Hanlon would be up there with Mcgregor if he'd managed to stay fit. Been unfortunate with his injury but hopefully he can stay fit next season and stroll the big league:)

Efe Ambrose: 8.5 - Since he's signed he has been fantastic. Great character and footballer. Had a shaky start aswell today but overcame that. Would love to see him here next season but don't see it.

Jordon Forster: 6 - Done the job when he has come in but not a starter will probably move on in the summer.

Liam Fontaine: 6.5 - another one who has been unfortunate with injury. Played great in the derby and he is a solid player. Would have him here next season but don't see it.

Super John Mcginn: 8 - Mcginns had a good season not a outstanding one. I think he'll thrive next year if he stays. Technically he is a brilliant player but has sometimes struggled to find the space against the ***** in the Championship. Brilliant in the derby.

Fraser Fyvie: 6.5 - Disappointing season from Fyvie. Lennon and him have not gelled. Fyvie can have a cracking game or can be non-existent. Unfortunately for him he has been the latter more than not this season. Wouldn't mind if he stayed but can't see him here.

Dylan Mcgeoch: 7.5 - this guy probably would have an 8 or 9 if he had managed to have a fit season. So frustrating as he could be our best player. Off injured again today:(

Marvin Bartley: 7 - Big fan of Marv. Against the Championship teams he is a bit **** except against the likes of Falkirk and Dundee United. But in those big games he more often than not man of the man of the match. Will be very important next season if he signs.

Andrew Shinnie: 7 - like shinnie aswell and hope we sign him. Was frustrating at the start but has hit really good form. He's a premiership player.

Martin Boyle: 7.5 - caused havoc in the Championship and nice to see him be a regular starter. His final product is abysmal though and not sure if he is good enough for next season. Want him to stay though.

James keatings - 6.5 if keatings hadn't got injured then his rating could of been higher. He was on fire at one point but has not been since he has come back. Good squad player and definitely has the ability but struggles to show it sometimes.

Grant Holt - 7 big game player who has done everything but score goals. Although when he has a bad game he is honking. I'd like to see us give him a 1 year player coach deal as he seems to have great relationship with the rest of the boys.

Brian Graham - 5 not really had the game time but I'm always disappointed when he starts. He can be an effective sub when chasing the game but in my opinion not good enough.

Jason Cummings 'cumdog' - 8.5 Well done for Jason for winning us this league with his goals. We wouldn't be going up if it wasn't for him. He needs to stop throwing the toys out the pram when things aren't going his way though. His overall play has improved a million.

Neil Lennon - 10 - Well done king lenny for getting us out the Championship and into a Scottish cup Semi. Thank you, thank you.

Special mention to Commons who won us two games when he was here.

Decided not to include the likes of Humphrey, Martin, Crane, McLean, Harris ect as they haven't played eno7gh to warrant a rating.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frogga
22-04-2017, 08:17 PM
I'd agree with all that. Lennon gets a 7 from me though!

Sir David Gray
22-04-2017, 08:20 PM
There's no danger Lennon gets a 10. That suggests to me that you reckon he couldn't have done any better which is wrong in my opinion.

7/10 for me.

wookie70
22-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Marciano: 7 - Solid season and hope we manage to keep him. He could work on his kicking and as OP said a bit dodgy at near post.

Laidlaw - 7 - better than most of the Keepers we have had as No1 and again I would like him to stay

Sir David Gray: 6.5 - Looks to me like he has played injured for some of the season. Not as good as last year but still a good year

Lewis Stevenson: 7 - A bit patchy this year but since returning to a straightforward left back has looked better. His crossing is better and has again chipped in

Darren Mcgregor: 9 - Made a few mistakes and not his best day today but should be captain next year. You can see the fear when the opposition go near him A rock

Paul Hanlon: 7 - Hope he is fit for next year as I feel we are a better team with paul playing. Again an injury has not helped his season but did well when playing

Efe Ambrose: 8 - Very important signing and will be sad to see him go. Like Commons has been very important in their cameo roles

Jordon Forster: 6 - Not many games but a useful squad player.

Liam Fontaine: 6.5 - More injuries for Liam but I would like to see him back for another year. Didn't do much wrong

Super John Mcginn:7.5 A stop start season and missing a few games due to injury. Has been fantastic in some games but not as consistent as he needs to be. Started chipping in with a few goals and shooting more which is something I hope he continues to work on. His return from injury against Utd was one of the highlights of the year.

Fraser Fyvie: 6.5 - Poor from Fraser buy his very high standards but played too many games alongside Bartley which doesn't work. Worked hard as ever and never hides. I really hope he stays.

Dylan Mcgeoch: 6 - He has been very good when he plays but it just isn't often enough. With a heavy heart I wouldn't be too disappointed if he found a new club but would be far happier if he could just remain injury free.

Marvin Bartley: 7 - Been a bit more consistent than Fyvie and played well in the big games. Again I would be happy if he signs again.

Andrew Shinnie: 7 - One of our few creative players. Had bad games but is usually average or a good deal better. Needs to add more goals to his game but you can see he is a class act. No idea why he isn't appreciated more.

Martin Boyle: 7.5 - Improved greatly this year and chipped in well with a better share of goals than most. Looks so much better in the wing area.

James Keatings - 6.5 More injuries and still quite inconsistent. I think he is at his level.

Grant Holt - 6 - Had the odd excellent game and seems to do well in some of the bigger games but has been a massive disappointment. Five goals and 6 assists just isn't enough and I would say cheers and bye bye.

Brian Graham - 6 Difficult to know how good he is because he has had next to no game time and never a run in the team. Lennon obviously doesn't rate him so no idea why he bought him

Jason Cummings 'cumdog' - 8.5 The main reason we are going up. Did well to recover from being dropped and yet again is better this year than last. will go much further in the game and should stay another year

Kris Commons - 7. He didn't look fit, he din't look hugely interested to me but he was incredibly important to the season.

Neil Lennon - 6.5 - He has done enough in the league. Winning was the goal and he has done that. The football has for the most part been very poor and the most frustrating thing for me is he has had a right go in the big games and did really well and set up for a solid formation against the lesser lights. Scottish Cup he gets above pass marks but we got bombed early in the others despite a good European performance. Signings have been average at best with the Emergency loan signings possibly the highlight. I hope this year was a means to an end and he sets out to play some better football next year.

22-04-2017, 09:22 PM
I started a thread like this last year so I'll do the same. Since the season is basically over here is MY player ratings:

Marciano: 7.5 - I like Marciano; he has made some cracking saves this season. His weaknesses are getting beat at his near post - two occasions I can remember are today and st Mirren away. Also his distribution is questionable sometimes. I would like to see him back at Easter Road next season.

Laidlaw - 6 done the job when he has come in but not a starter. Good back-up

Sir David Gray: 7 - He's a legend. A reliliable right back and a good captain. Went through a bad spell a couple months ago but back to the SSG we know and love. Loves a tackle. Crossing needs improvement.

Lewis Stevenson: 8 - some may disagree but Stevenson has had a cracking season. Been very consistent - has he had a bad game? Crossing has improved which is good to see.

Darren Mcgregor: 9 - You can't not love this guy. Player of the season for me. A couple of mistakes here and there (today) but has bulldozed the Championship.

Paul Hanlon: 7 - Hanlon would be up there with Mcgregor if he'd managed to stay fit. Been unfortunate with his injury but hopefully he can stay fit next season and stroll the big league:)

Efe Ambrose: 8.5 - Since he's signed he has been fantastic. Great character and footballer. Had a shaky start aswell today but overcame that. Would love to see him here next season but don't see it.

Jordon Forster: 6 - Done the job when he has come in but not a starter will probably move on in the summer.

Liam Fontaine: 6.5 - another one who has been unfortunate with injury. Played great in the derby and he is a solid player. Would have him here next season but don't see it.

Super John Mcginn: 8 - Mcginns had a good season not a outstanding one. I think he'll thrive next year if he stays. Technically he is a brilliant player but has sometimes struggled to find the space against the ***** in the Championship. Brilliant in the derby.

Fraser Fyvie: 6.5 - Disappointing season from Fyvie. Lennon and him have not gelled. Fyvie can have a cracking game or can be non-existent. Unfortunately for him he has been the latter more than not this season. Wouldn't mind if he stayed but can't see him here.

Dylan Mcgeoch: 7.5 - this guy probably would have an 8 or 9 if he had managed to have a fit season. So frustrating as he could be our best player. Off injured again today:(

Marvin Bartley: 7 - Big fan of Marv. Against the Championship teams he is a bit **** except against the likes of Falkirk and Dundee United. But in those big games he more often than not man of the man of the match. Will be very important next season if he signs.

Andrew Shinnie: 7 - like shinnie aswell and hope we sign him. Was frustrating at the start but has hit really good form. He's a premiership player.

Martin Boyle: 7.5 - caused havoc in the Championship and nice to see him be a regular starter. His final product is abysmal though and not sure if he is good enough for next season. Want him to stay though.

James keatings - 6.5 if keatings hadn't got injured then his rating could of been higher. He was on fire at one point but has not been since he has come back. Good squad player and definitely has the ability but struggles to show it sometimes.

Grant Holt - 7 big game player who has done everything but score goals. Although when he has a bad game he is honking. I'd like to see us give him a 1 year player coach deal as he seems to have great relationship with the rest of the boys.

Brian Graham - 5 not really had the game time but I'm always disappointed when he starts. He can be an effective sub when chasing the game but in my opinion not good enough.

Jason Cummings 'cumdog' - 8.5 Well done for Jason for winning us this league with his goals. We wouldn't be going up if it wasn't for him. He needs to stop throwing the toys out the pram when things aren't going his way though. His overall play has improved a million.

Neil Lennon - 10 - Well done king lenny for getting us out the Championship and into a Scottish cup Semi. Thank you, thank you.

Special mention to Commons who won us two games when he was here.

Decided not to include the likes of Humphrey, Martin, Crane, McLean, Harris ect as they haven't played eno7gh to warrant a rating.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

+1 for Laidlaw, he's been more than an adequate back up.

Wouldn't put Hanlon 1.5 points behind Efe. Hanlon was in good form before he was injured and would have been a contender for POTY if he hadn't been. For me, an 8 for them both. As good as Efe has been, he hasn't been with us long enough to score higher.

+ 0.5 for Boyle. He get a bit more criticism than he deserves. Okay sometimes his final ball could be better but sometimes there aren't enough players in the box so no wonder nobody gets on the end of his crosses. Along with Cummings, he's our most exciting player, albeit he can frustrate at times.

8 for Lennon, got us promoted and a decent defence of the cup. Think he's got us on the right track and knows what he needs to do to compete against the top teams next season.

calumhibee1
22-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Marciano: 8 - Best keeper we've had in a long time. Hope he's back next year.

Laidlaw - 6 - Good back-up

Sir David Gray: 6 - Crossing still not great, solid enough defensively most of the time.

Lewis Stevenson: 7 - Good season, crossing has maybe improved a bit from last year. Will do well in the SPL.

Darren Mcgregor: 9 - POTY. Absolute man mountain.

Paul Hanlon: 7 - Strolled it most weeks, hopefully his injury problems will be behind him next season.

Efe Ambrose: 8 - Strolled it.

Jordon Forster: 5 - Done fine when he's played, although I don't see him ever being a regular at Hibs.

Liam Fontaine: 5 - Same as Forster.

Super John Mcginn: 6 - Maybe being a bit harsh here but I've found myself coming away most weeks this season frustrated with him. Usually still one of the best players on the pitch but capable of a lot more than he's shown this year.

Fraser Fyvie: 5 - I like Fyvie but it's not been his best season and wouldn't be fussed if he moved on.

Dylan Mcgeoch: 5 - Technically our best player IMO but just not on the pitch nearly enough.

Marvin Bartley: 7 - He's unlucky in that he's probably not really required most games in the Championship, but he's had some great games in the cup run.

Andrew Shinnie: 6 - Really inconsistent. When he's good, he's very good, but he regularly tries too much.

Martin Boyle: 7 - Always liked Boyle but feel he's kicked on a good bit this season. A good goals return this season. I think people need to remember that if his end product was as good as people think it should be then he'd probably be nowhere near Hibs.

James keatings - 4 - Other than his goal at Falkirk he's been one of the biggest disappointments this season.

Grant Holt - 6 - Get's a 6 for changing the game today and being outstanding in both derbies or else it would have been a 5. Goals record not nearly good enough.

Brian Graham - 4 - Not played much and maybe part of the reason he's not really done much but he's offered little IMO.

Jason Cummings - 8 - The main reason we're going up. Can be anonymous at times but he wins us games. Another cracking return this season, especially keeping in mind he sat out for nearly 2 months.

Neil Lennon - 6 - Done the minimum that was expected of him, nothing more, nothing less.

6s and above should all be here next season. Anything less and they shouldn't be here with an exception being made for Dylan if he can just stop getting bloody injured.

Hi Heid Yin
22-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Marciano............8 A good solid keeper and someone who inspires confidence in the back line

Laidlaw............. 7 A handy back up keeper and reliable

David Gray........ 7 A decent if unspectacular season.

Lewis Stevenson 7.5 I have been a critic of his for a good while, but he has won me over with a solid 2nd half of season.

Darren McGregor..9.5 Player of the season for me, and a stand out in a mean defence. A consistently high performer and a Rock.

Paul Hanlon........7 Found his way back after injury and a reliable partner for McGregor

Efe Ambrose...... 7.5 A classy player who has not let us down. I marked him down by half a point as he has not been here long enough

Jordon Forster.....6.5 He does an okay job when called upon, but unfortunate to find himself trying to compete with talent like McGregor and Hanlon

Liam Fontaine......7 Can be relied upon to do a good job when called upon. Unfortunate with injuries

John Mcginn........7 A disappointing season if truth be told, but only because of what he has demonstrated previously and only in patches this season.

Fraser Fyvie........6.5 The season simply has not taken off for him like last season. He can be brilliant one game and invisible the next.

Dylan McGeoch....7 This guy has so much talent and is a joy to watch when he's not injured. Sadly, he is injured most of the time.

Marvin Bartley......7 A solid performer who plays the odd blinder here and there, but can drift anonymously through too many games

Andrew Shinnie....6.5 The patchiest player in the team. He has technique and guile, but fails to deliver most of the time

Martin Boyle........7 He can lift you off your seat running at defences at speed, but his final delivery lets him down most of the time. A certain Ivan Sproule springs to mind.

James keatings....6.5 He can score goals but not often enough and drifts out of games too frequently to hold down a regular place.

Grant Holt...........8 The physical presence we have often lacked, and a player who has contributed significantly (especially off the ball) to this seasons championship-winning squad.

Brian Graham.......6 The season has been a poor one for such a tall guy, where his lack of goals and assists has seen him struggle to start regularly

Jason Cummings...9 Where would we be without our one-man scoring machine. The only player guaranteed to hit the back of the net regularly. A character still maturing both on and off the pitch. A close 2nd behind McGregor for Player of the year.

Neil Lennon..........9 His remit was to get us promoted automatically. Did he do this? Yes he did, using every trick in the book to get his players over the line. Passionate, driven, and a leader.

Oh yes, and a special thank you to Kris Commons for his invaluable goals and impact during his very brief stay.

No other players were involved enough to warrant giving a score.