PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen fans

Babyshamble
22-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Had a few Txts from dons fans saying apart from Celtic,we are the best team they've played this season & they're looking forward to see us back on the prem.apart from the first half hour,I really enjoyed today's game.onwards & upwards ..GLORY GLORY 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

HFCdeb
22-04-2017, 07:04 PM
Very quiet bunch aren't they?

Onion
22-04-2017, 07:07 PM
At 2-2, their players heads were gone and their fans very quiet.

Not quite the gulf in class the media had hoped there would be :wink:

iwasthere1972
22-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Very quiet bunch aren't they?

Well they're now through to their first final in about 17 years when they got cuffed 4-0 and they haven't won it for 29 years. Absolutely shocking. :greengrin

HFCdeb
22-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Well they're now through to their first final in about 17 years when they got cuffed 4-0 and they haven't won it for 29 years. Absolutely shocking. :greengrin

Shambolic cup record, I dunno how they can live with themselves ;)

AlbertK86
22-04-2017, 07:18 PM
Spoke to few in pub after.

Gave massive credit to Hibs

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

RoscoHibby
22-04-2017, 07:26 PM
**** them. Few of them jumped off their bus giving it "sorrow sorrow" soundly met with didn't hear yous at the game and they're sheep worrying *******s. **** them. Beyond lucky today. Did they even create a chance in the game? Ridiculously lucky to score 3 goals today. With their impending departures, we'll be above them next season.

sbell1875
22-04-2017, 07:32 PM
They're a weird bunch. In the train back to Central and you'd think they'd lost.

iwasthere1972
22-04-2017, 07:36 PM
They're a weird bunch. In the train back to Central and you'd think they'd lost.

They're probably just thinking that they're going to have to do it all over again in a few weeks time and their opponents will be Celtic after they wipe the floor with the Huns tomorrow. With Aberdeen's dismal Scottish Cup record (I love saying that :greengrin ) they will not be confident.

Sprouleflyer
22-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Going against the grain here, i hope Aberdeen win the cup, definately do not want one of the OF winning, that said, if Celtic win tomorrow i feel the Aberdeen support will go to the final expecting the inevitable andv" will be even more quititer than today, making the SC final a non event.

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2017, 08:08 PM
While I'd rather Aberdeen won it over Celtic or rangers, what a pathetic bunch they really are. We're never heard today, even at 2-0 up. At FT, only the hibs fans made any noise. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170422/95be232d8e0ffcb0fb07d22c7c1fe849.jpg

How pathetic is that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
22-04-2017, 08:24 PM
While I'd rather Aberdeen won it over Celtic or rangers, what a pathetic bunch they really are. We're never heard today, even at 2-0 up. At FT, only the hibs fans made any noise. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170422/95be232d8e0ffcb0fb07d22c7c1fe849.jpg

How pathetic is that.

Not true. They were heard at times today including at full time. However for a team that were 2-0 up they were pretty quiet and were totally outsung by us including at the final whistle.

col02
22-04-2017, 08:36 PM
They'll have a cheek expecting half the final allocation imho. We must have only been a 1000 or so down on our allocation in the final last season.

DH1875
22-04-2017, 09:54 PM

How pathetic is that.

Duck them. Hope celtic do them in the final.

1875STEVE
22-04-2017, 10:05 PM
They'll have a cheek expecting half the final allocation imho. We must have only been a 1000 or so down on our allocation in the final last season.

Not imo.

For a 12.15 kick off there was NO form of public transport that could get you to Glasgow from Aberdeen in time for the game. If that was done to Hibs, the SFA (rightly) would get battered on here.

I left Edinburgh at 9am and got parked at 11.00...

How long to drive from up there 3/4 hours??? They would have to leave at 8am just to make kick off, they were probably leaving 6-7am,what time out of bed?

Fair play to them IMO, but they made very little noise....

Glory Lurker
22-04-2017, 10:06 PM
They think they're famous:faf: . I like them as much as the other bunch that have that delusion.

DH1875
22-04-2017, 10:14 PM
Not imo.

For a 12.15 kick off there was NO form of public transport that could get you to Glasgow from Aberdeen in time for the game. If that was done to Hibs, the SFA (rightly) would get battered on here.

How long to drive from up there 3/4 hours??? They would have to leave at 8am just to make kick off, they were probably leaving 6-7am,what time out of bed?

Sorry but that is a load of bollocks. There where plenty of trains running between Aberdeen and Glasgow this morning getting them in well before 12. Add in citylink and magabus before the usual supporters buses and its no excuse. In any other country in Europe its more than acceptable to travel 6 hours plus never mind 3.
Which also reminds me, if its a 3/4 hour journey by car/bus.... Why would they need to leave at 6am :confused:.

marinello59
22-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Not imo.

That's simply not true. There was plenty of trains. Transport was no excuse..

Panda
22-04-2017, 10:25 PM
That's simply not true. There was plenty of trains. Transport was no excuse..

There were two trains from Aberdeen in time for kick-off, and they were £55 return.

Panda
22-04-2017, 10:27 PM

You've a short memory. Did Hibs not get a 50/50 split for the final last season after selling around 12,000 for the semi v Dundee United?

Dashing Bob S
22-04-2017, 10:29 PM
There have been supports at Hampden half the size of Aberdeen's that have made 10 times the noise. The truth is that they didn't fancy it today, were intimidated, and couldn't get confident even when we gifted them that dream start. They had so little bottle that as soon as they got that flukey winning goal, they started bedwetting about the slamming one of the Bigot Bros would be giving them in the final.

Embarrassingly tame show from them.

Still hope they win it though.

marinello59
22-04-2017, 10:35 PM
There were two trains from Aberdeen in time for kick-off, and they were £55 return.

And the previous poster said there were no trains. Transport was there if they wanted it. Many of them couldn't be arsed.

greenlex
22-04-2017, 10:36 PM
I think it might be quite splendid if the Dons beat the Rangers in the final. Once again you could be sure The Rangers would think ithe final was won before a ball was kicked.

Pete
22-04-2017, 10:39 PM
Thought they were sound.

Some bitter pills need swallowing.

marinello59
22-04-2017, 10:40 PM
You've a short memory. Did Hibs not get a 50/50 split for the final last season after selling around 12,000 for the semi v Dundee United?

We have a habit of selling our allocation for finals whether we think we will win or not. Unlike Aberdeen at the League Cup final where they decided to give it a miss. Plenty more excuses from them though.

22-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Their support was poor. They'll take about 10k to the final to watch them get skelped off Celtic.

Pete
22-04-2017, 10:43 PM
Their support was poor. They'll take about 10k to the final to watch them get skelped off Celtic.

Ridic.

They will sell out.

Alex Trager
22-04-2017, 10:44 PM
**** the sheep

marinello59
22-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Ridic.

They will sell out.

They didn't sell out for the League Cup and that was entirely down to the fact they didn't fancy their chances against Celtic despite what excuses Panda comes up with.

Panda
22-04-2017, 10:47 PM
And the previous poster said there were no trains. Transport was there if they wanted it. Many of them couldn't be arsed.

Two trains won't hold 20,000 people. Even then, like I said it was £55 return which is a hell of a price to be paying. It was £11 from Edinburgh.

All the available buses were fully booked.

Hibs sold 12,000 for the semi last season with a third of the travel distance / cost so the posturing over numbers is pathetic.

22-04-2017, 10:54 PM
The transport from the 1980s is pretty expensive and I reckon the majority of their support never want to leave.

marinello59
22-04-2017, 10:55 PM
Two trains won't hold 20,000 people. Even then, like I said it was £55 return which is a hell of a price to be paying. It was £11 from Edinburgh.

Hibs sold 12,000 for the semi last season with a third of the travel distance / cost so the posturing over numbers is pathetic.

All the available buses? Rubbish, the demand wasn't there. We managed to run a Hibs supporters bus to the last semi we played you and we didn't struggle to get it despite booking late. Your crowd bottled it today the same as you did for the League Cup Final. You would have struggled to see a car on the A90 today showing a red scarf. If people had wanted to get down from Aberdeen today they could have.

DH1875
22-04-2017, 11:34 PM

Your full of kite. There were at least four trains that got/get into Glasgow before 11.30. These trains were on sale at £19 per single when the draw was made and if you were quick enough, the 4 person saver ticket was even cheaper. Dont let facts get in the way of a good argument though :rolleyes:.

Megabus/citylink also have/had 4 double decker buses that would have made Glasgow in time :wink:.

james62
22-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Not imo.

I left Aberdeen at 8am and arrived in Rutherglen at 1045, fairly straightforward journey but could have been done just as easily on the train?

22-04-2017, 11:40 PM
I left Aberdeen at 8am and arrived in Rutherglen at 1045, fairly straightforward journey but could have been done just as easily on the train?

The greatest travelling support on the planet apparently struggle to.....travel

Nakedmanoncrack
23-04-2017, 12:23 AM

Only £55 if you waited to last minute to book so you are not telling full story. If people want to go they will go, if they can't be arsed they won't.

The Pointer
23-04-2017, 12:47 AM
Thought they were sound.

Some bitter pills need swallowing.

Agree. I live in the West and always park in the Pollockshaws area, so walked to the game and back amongst them and never had the slightest bit of hassle, despite a fair number being pretty mortal. You can't do that when we play the Ugly Sisters so I have no animosity towards the Dons. They're just folk who support their local team - albeit quietly.

OsloHibs
23-04-2017, 01:24 AM
Come on they do some travel every 2nd week. And had both tiers open at ER at the night game last season.
It was their 2nd trip to Hampden this year after a defeat- some might have not had the stomach for it! Many Hibs fans stayed away from Hampden for our semi too after our defeat to RC.
Both sets of fans done well today.

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2017, 01:51 AM
Come on they do some travel every 2nd week. And had both tiers open at ER at the night game last season.
It was their 2nd trip to Hampden this year after a defeat- some might have not had the stomach for it! Many Hibs fans stayed away from Hampden for our semi too after our defeat to RC.
Both sets of fans done well today.3rd, they beat Morton in league cup semi.

Those Hibs fans who skived the United semi will be regretting it now hence the great turnout for this game.

Edinburgher
23-04-2017, 02:24 AM
I suspect Aberdeen fans are only being generous about us because they won - otherwise they would be whinging in their impenetrable accent about getting beaten by lower league pish or words to that effect! Still, would rather see them win the cup than either of the bigot brothers.

Panda
23-04-2017, 04:43 AM
Your full of kite. There were at least four trains that got/get into Glasgow before 11.30. These trains were on sale at £19 per single when the draw was made and if you were quick enough, the 4 person saver ticket was even cheaper. Dont let facts get in the way of a good argument though :

The bit in bold is the point. These prices you're listing have limited availability. They weren't available to everyone. We're not arguing about the cost for one fan who was quick to book tickets, we're debating why "only" 12,000 went.

You're asking why 19,000 didn't travel. There wasn't 19,000 cheap tickets was there? How many cheap tickets do you get per train - 50?

These four trains you've mentioned, you've neglected to mention one left at 5.30am. The next one left at 6.30am. These are ridiculously early starts to go to a football match.

A 3pm kick-off, or even a 5.15pm one, would have at least increased the options. We played Dundee United at Hampden in 2015 at 3pm and sold 20,000 tickets, actually more than you took yesterday.

Megabus/citylink also have/had 4 double decker buses that would have made Glasgow in time :wink:.

Four double decker buses? Being generous that caters for 300 fans?

So four trains (priced for the majority of fans at £55 return) and four buses, plus supporters buses which were all booked up (I don't know how many we had there, maybe 40 buses I saw walking up Battlefield Road holding around 2,000, maybe we had more parked elsewhere). We organised a bus for our group very early on, basically before the dates had been confirmed, and most of the quotes were working out at £35-£45 per person. We got lucky because we got in there so early and were able to take the cheapest one going, which was a 40-seater for £22.50 each, but the availability was not great and like I say we booked ours and paid a deposit before the date was even confirmed.

Really, you've not made a great case here that there was plenty of public transport on offer for even 12,000 fans never mind 19,000. In the travel guidelines posted on the Aberdeen website on Friday it laughably said police advised against taking the car to Hampden and to take public transport - yet that was the only realistic option for most fans.

On the other hand, Hibs had trains leaving for Glasgow every 15 mins at £11 return. If Scotrail had offered that from Aberdeen maybe we'd have brought the same numbers.

green day
23-04-2017, 05:17 AM
The bit in bold is the point. These prices you're listing have limited availability. They weren't available to everyone. We're not arguing about the cost for one fan who was quick to book tickets, we're debating why "only" 12,000 went.

You're asking why 19,000 didn't travel. There wasn't 19,000 cheap tickets was there? How many cheap tickets do you get per train - 50?

These four trains you've mentioned, you've neglected to mention one left at 5.30am. The next one left at 6.30am. These are ridiculously early starts to go to a football match.

A 3pm kick-off, or even a 5.15pm one, would have at least increased the options. We played Dundee United at Hampden in 2015 at 3pm and sold 20,000 tickets, actually more than you took yesterday.

So four trains (priced for the majority of fans at £55 return) and four buses, plus supporters buses which were all booked up (I don't know how many we had there, maybe 40 buses I saw walking up Battlefield Road holding around 2,000, maybe we had more parked elsewhere). We organised a bus for our group very early on, basically before the dates had been confirmed, and most of the quotes were working out at £35-£45 per person. We got lucky because we got in there so early and were able to take the cheapest one going, which was a 40-seater for £22.50 each, but the availability was not great and like I say we booked ours and paid a deposit before the date was even confirmed.

Really, you've not made a great case here that there was plenty of public transport on offer for even 12,000 fans never mind 19,000. In the travel guidelines posted on the Aberdeen website on Friday it laughably said police advised against taking the car to Hampden and to take public transport - yet that was the only realistic option for most fans.

On the other hand, Hibs had trains leaving for Glasgow every 15 mins at £11 return. If Scotrail had offered that from Aberdeen maybe we'd have brought the same numbers.

Enough bickering over travel.

I hope you enjoy the final and hope you win.

Have to say, the Don's fans I know in Edinburgh are decent guys.

Oddly neither of them went, they both "couldn't make it" so watched on tv.

I suspect that attitude is common among your fans outside of the hard core ST holders, whereas for us where there's a will there's a way.

I do wonder if this attitude will hamper progress for you?

This (very good) Don's team deserve better, and a time will come when McKinnes wonders if he has taken the team as far as the Aberdeen public deserve.

Dunbar Hibee
23-04-2017, 05:54 AM
Duck them. Hope celtic do them in the final.

**** Celtic. Not sure why any Hibs fan would want either of the old firm to win the cup. Bizarre.

marinello59
23-04-2017, 06:01 AM

Blah blah, blah blah blah. Not one Dons fans I spoke to said difficulty travelling was why they didn't go. Every single one said just couldn't be bothered. Yet virtually every single Hibs fan I know in Aberdeen made the trip.
You lot have basked in the praise that your travelling support attracted in the media for years. It's been a myth for ages now. You don't even turn up at your own ground in numbers any more.

Leith Green
23-04-2017, 06:07 AM

This is bollox .. we had 15k at the dundee united match

hibsbollah
23-04-2017, 06:08 AM
Some fairly classless yamfuddery aimed at Panda in my opinion. Hibs are living off the Sir David Gray dividend when it comes to our fantastic support this season, it wasn't always so.

Albanian Hibs
23-04-2017, 06:16 AM

Not every Aberdeen fan travelled from Aberdeen. Just like not every Hibs fan travelled from Edinburgh. Admit it, some sheep just couldnt be bothered to attend.

marinello59
23-04-2017, 06:17 AM
Some fairly classless yamfuddery aimed at Panda in my opinion. Hibs are living off the Sir David Gray dividend when it comes to our fantastic support this season, it wasn't always so.

I agree, our crowds are much better because of the Cup win. When our crowds were low because the fitba and the feeling round the club was poor there was no denial from us as to why crowds were poor, a large number of us didn't fancy it any more. Much like the sheep yesterday.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2017, 06:30 AM
I used to travel to every Hibs game home and away from Aberdeen for the best part of 5 years. Not once did I find a game that I couldn't get both to and home from if I really wanted to. Transport was never an issue, it's Aberdeen ffs not a Siberian gulag.

A couple of Aberdeen fans I know have given us plenty credit. The rest give Hearts fans a run in the deluded stakes and do the whole 'the famous' thing (yes, really). I hope Celtic horse them in the final.

Dalianwanda
23-04-2017, 06:53 AM

For a one off game it's nothing. i had to pay that for my return train Sligo-Dublin (3hr trip). Then there's the flights and transport back to Musselburgh. 3hrs travel is not that long it's not as if a 5.30 rise is required every day.

DH1875
23-04-2017, 07:19 AM
I'm pretty sure the reason Aberdeen get poor crowds at home is because a lot of their fans live in the central belt. Or have I just made that up :dunno::confused:

Jones28
23-04-2017, 07:25 AM
All this bollocks about fans and attendances is very jambo IMO.

Since90+2
23-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Aberdeen's support is pish,they know we know it. This is a club that is enjoying the best period in their history for the last 30 years and they are averaging about 2000 less than us who have been in the championship for 3 years. What's the excuse for that? I'm sure they'll have one as they normally do.

Makes a mockery of their claim to be the third biggest club in the country.

Jones28
23-04-2017, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=Since90+2;5020543]Aberdeen's support is pish,they know we know it. This is a club that is enjoying the best period in their history for the last 30 years and they are averaging about 2000 less than us who have been in the championship for 3 years. What's the excuse for that? I'm sure they'll have one as they normally do.

Makes a mockery of their claim to be the third biggest club in the country.[/QUOTE

Everyone knows our attendances took a real kick from the Scottish cup win. How many would we be getting if we hadn't won and had lost the play offs? We wouldn't be getting 15K at home to championship teams

Carheenlea
23-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Will need to be on the e-ticketing site at 10am sharp for the Pittodrie trips next season with only 2500 available.

Michael
23-04-2017, 07:53 AM
I'm pretty sure the reason Aberdeen get poor crowds at home is because a lot of their fans live in the central belt. Or have I just made that up :dunno::confused:

Then where were they yesterday?

Since90+2
23-04-2017, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=Since90+2;5020543]Aberdeen's support is pish,they know we know it. This is a club that is enjoying the best period in their history for the last 30 years and they are averaging about 2000 less than us who have been in the championship for 3 years. What's the excuse for that? I'm sure they'll have one as they normally do.

Makes a mockery of their claim to be the third biggest club in the country.[/QUOTE

Everyone knows our attendances took a real kick from the Scottish cup win. How many would we be getting if we hadn't won and had lost the play offs? We wouldn't be getting 15K at home to championship teams

And? We did win it and we are getting those attendances.

Are Aberdeen not enjoying their best period since the mid 80s naw?

Keith_M
23-04-2017, 07:55 AM
This thread has turned very Yammish, IMO.

Dashing Bob S
23-04-2017, 08:07 AM

Attendances will do that for a thread. More 'used to be' yammish.

Jones28
23-04-2017, 08:35 AM
[QUOTE=Jones28;5020548]

And? We did win it and we are getting those attendances.

Are Aberdeen not enjoying their best period since the mid 80s naw?

We certainly wouldn't have taken that crowdif we weren't defending the cup.

Hero76
23-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Not imo.

Hun

hibeedonald
23-04-2017, 08:46 AM

I know. Who gives a **** what Aberdeen took.

Unseen work
23-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Aberdeen' atrendence was very poor however it is difficult for them considering they had to about 7am to get there at a good time for kick off.

However they could of left the Friday night and stayed over.

I've never been the biggest fan of Aberdeen fans as imo they seem a bit deluded, I know a lot of folk from Aberdeen who think they can do better than Rooney and McInnes, I doubt they could.

Also I heard Aberdeen sing about 3 songs yesterday. One when they were 2-0 and sung "were only sheep ***** *****" and the other at 3-2 was "you're not singing anymore". That is some way to support your team.

I'm sure a lot of Hibs, Celtic and Rangers live up north or further down south and made the trip.

If you wanted to go and support your team you could easily of made it, as I'm sure they will in the Final when they sell about 20k....if they get allocated that.

Edit - their average attendance this season is also about 12k, what are the fans excuse for the home games?

FitbaFolkKen
23-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Not imo.

That's not true, it's 2 and a half hours on the train, 840 train would get you into Glasgow for just after 11. Buses too.

It's one of these things the Dons have always exaggerated to make them look hard done by.

Mantis Toboggan
23-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Hun

What?

Mantis Toboggan
23-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Why are we crowing about attendances?
We got beat. Get over it.

hibsbollah
23-04-2017, 10:57 AM

I know, 'attendance measuring' is as sad as it gets.

Betty Boop
23-04-2017, 11:06 AM
What?

Best to ignore

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Travelling up the M6 yesterday there was a steady stream of green and white scarfs hanging out numerous cars on their way to hampden.

FWIW we left at 6.45am.

dalkeith stu
23-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Then where were they yesterday?

The 1980's

Leith Green
23-04-2017, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=Since90+2;5020553]

We certainly wouldn't have taken that crowdif we weren't defending the cup.

In the past we have had 18k vs falkirk twice , 15k vs dundee united and a few other 20k ones in the naughties .. all when we havent been a great side. If Hibs finished 2nd 2 or 3 years on the bounce and were at semi finals and finals , then we would have much more than what we had today.

Aberdeens home support for their league position is a joke, , as was their crowd yesterday.

SirDavidsNapper
23-04-2017, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Jones28;5020588]

In the past we have had 18k vs falkirk twice , 15k vs dundee united and a few other 20k ones in the naughties .. all when we havent been a great side. If Hibs finished 2nd 2 or 3 years on the bounce and were at semi finals and finals , then we would have much more than what we had today.

Aberdeens home support for their league position is a joke, , as was their crowd yesterday.

Correct and they can't dress it up otherwise. Very poor support

tamig
23-04-2017, 12:15 PM
All this bollocks about fans and attendances is very jambo IMO.

It is indeed. Scott Wilson territory. Yamfuddery as a previous poster so eloquently put it.

Leith Green
23-04-2017, 12:28 PM
It is indeed. Scott Wilson territory. Yamfuddery as a previous poster so eloquently put it.

The obsession of support size and size of club is a Hearts and Aberdeen speciality.. Dont expect Hibs fans not to say anything when either of them are shown up for what they are , thats if thats okay with the likes of yourself 👍

tamig
23-04-2017, 12:30 PM
The obsession of support size and size of club is a Hearts and Aberdeen speciality.. Dont expect Hibs fans not to say anything when either of them are shown up for what they are , thats if thats okay with the likes of yourself 👍

Nae bother chief. Just my view.

Itsnoteasy
23-04-2017, 01:54 PM

Why have they got a cheek to ask for half the allocation. Take a look at previous semi final attendances that have involved the old firm against lesser teams they never sold all their allocation.

23-04-2017, 01:57 PM
*****y support. Have about 2 songs that got an airing just after their goals but other than that they contributed absolutely nothing to the atmostphere.

Good team and i hope they beat celtic in the final but poor support yesterday both numbers wise and atmosphere wise.

Mantis Toboggan
23-04-2017, 02:02 PM
*****y support. Have about 2 songs that got an airing just after their goals but other than that they contributed absolutely nothing to the atmostphere.

Good team and i hope they beat celtic in the final but poor support yesterday both numbers wise and atmosphere wise.

I agree our support was better. But not in to trying to lord it over other clubs. Thats what huns and jambos do. I would like to think we are better than that.

BullsCloseHibs
23-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Not imo.

How about Portsmouth or Carlisle fans journey's? Carlisle and Pompey have fantastic away supports with little moans about travel. It's a lame excuse from Aberdeen fans imo.

I hope Celtic tuck them in final. On yesterday's showing Celtic will win with ease.

23-04-2017, 02:06 PM
I agree our support was better. But not in to trying to lord it over other clubs. Thats what huns and jambos do. I would like to think we are better than that.

Dont care about how many they bring, was just a bit suprised that the fans of a club, who are sitting 2nd in the SPL, in a SC semi were so quiet.

Mantis Toboggan
23-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Dont care about how many they bring, was just a bit suprised that the fans of a club, who are sitting 2nd in the SPL, in a SC semi were so quiet.

Agree! They were pretty poor. But I dont want us to be using that as some sort of attempt to prove our superiority. People from aberdeen are just by their very nature boring and full of zero chat. Its like a minor disability.

cabbageandribs1875
23-04-2017, 02:14 PM
a 12:15 KO and live on both sky and bbc i for one probably wouldn't have went if i was having to travel for 3+ hours early doors, credit the aberdeen fans that did just that, but i'l take some of that credit back if someone can confirm to me that they actually sang 'the hibees are gay' ignorant juvenile p"sh, am i right or did i mishear ?

Keith_M
23-04-2017, 04:20 PM
What was the attendance?

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Was there 12k sheep there yesterday, as we thought there was considerably less? :confused:

YehButNoBut
23-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Attendance was 31,969, we must have had around 20,000 of that leaving nearly 12,000 sheep.

O'Rourke3
23-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Was there 12k sheep there yesterday, as we thought there was considerably less? :confused:

We had 3 more sections pretty full compared to them. if it's about 2K per section then must be about right.

Sir David Gray
23-04-2017, 04:45 PM
So the trains left early in the morning from Aberdeen and were quite expensive, have they never heard of cars in Aberdeen?

It's a maximum of 3 hours from Aberdeen to Glasgow, even allowing for the congestion around Hampden, if they left Aberdeen at 8am they could have made it comfortably in time for kick off. It's Aberdeen they were being asked to travel from, not Timbuktu.

If you don't really want to do something, you will find enough excuses not to do it.

Itsnoteasy
23-04-2017, 04:51 PM
This is bollox .. we had 15k at the dundee united match

Aye & another 8000 day trippers for the final

Scottie
23-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Not every Aberdeen fan travelled from Aberdeen. Just like not every Hibs fan travelled from Edinburgh. Admit it, some sheep just couldnt be bothered to attend.
This.

I flew up from Heathrow yesterday morning for the game and was sat next to a Aberdeen supporter on the flight. Got talking about the support of the sheep and he said majority stay away from semis at Hampden as they have been let down so many times there in the big games.

I had to laugh at him and said 'Thank Christ the Hibs supporters weren't like them after the amount of times we have been disappointed leaving Hampden'.

On the same flight home last night as him and all he said was 'Wow just ****ing Wow the noise coming out of the Hibs end was amazing' Well done everyone :not worthSaid only one team deserved to go through to the final and that was Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2017, 09:45 PM
I don't think the relative size of the two supports yesterday is a reason for us to get all high and mighty ...... it was great to see such a fantastic turn out from our supporters, but I for one would have been even more pleased to see a crowd of 40,000 because the sheep had brought 20,000 too .... they have proved in the past that they can easily do that and they probably will again.

What I would be disappointed about if I was an Aberdeen fan would be how quiet their support was, even when they were 2 - 0 up .... 12,000 fans can still make a hell of a racket and compete with a bigger opposition support, but they totally failed to up their game and we dominated the off field contest pretty well from start to finish ... hell, even after the finish :greengrin

What I would say to any Aberdeen fan looking in is that your team are going to be up against it from the start in the cup final, you are going to have half the stadium, FFS make it count, find a way to make a noise even if you go behind and if it comes to it and you do get beaten at least have the neutrals watching leave the stadium or turn off the telly saying 'their team may have been Tom Kite, but their fans were wonderful' ....... for page one, chapter one, of how to do that Google Hibs v Celtic Scottish Cup final 2013 .... even the self proclaimed 'best fans in the world' can be left trailing a poor 2nd if you try hard enough :aok:

Panda
24-04-2017, 12:22 AM
a 12:15 KO and live on both sky and bbc i for one probably wouldn't have went if i was having to travel for 3+ hours early doors, credit the aberdeen fans that did just that, but i'l take some of that credit back if someone can confirm to me that they actually sang 'the hibees are gay' ignorant juvenile p"sh, am i right or did i mishear ?

No. It would have been a Derek McInnes chant which goes by the same tune.

emerald green
24-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Even when the Sheep were winning several titles and Scottish Cups in the 1980s, Ferguson was unhappy with the atmosphere at Aberdeen's games.

I can't recall exactly what Ferguson's phrase was, but it was something about not being able to hear them behind the rustle of their sweetie wrappers.

Earlydelivery
24-04-2017, 05:54 PM
I definitely thought they sung that song .

hibsboy07
24-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Will need to be on the e-ticketing site at 10am sharp for the Pittodrie trips next season with only 2500 available.

Unless its a 1215 ko then we won't make it in time haha