PDA

View Full Version : "We're the second best team in the country"

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 06:58 PM
Definitely a signal of intent from Lenny in his Hibs.tv interview. Can't wait to see who we sign/to get back to playing in the SPL!

churchie16
22-04-2017, 07:27 PM
In all seriousness from what I seen today if that Aberdeen team was the 2nd best team in the country then we really have nothing to fear after the tactics got changed from 34th minute on hibs were by far the better team if we strengthen keep McGinn Cummings etc the majority of that squad and a packed Easter road I see no reason why we can't have a serious go next year for 2nd place hearts will get worse, Aberdeen will lose players like Niall McGinn Kenny McLean etc and as for rangers we own them 💚🏆 good time to be a hibs fan GGTTH!

Fuzzywuzzy
22-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Deluded I might be but I'm thinking on chucking something on us winning the league😐

RoYO!
22-04-2017, 07:28 PM
The dons have gained three more points than we have this season, having played the same number of games.

We're going to need a lot more goals in the team. Very interesting to see what we do over the summer window.

itslegaltender
22-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Deluded I might be but I'm thinking on chucking something on us winning the league😐

Here we go, two in a row😏

lord bunberry
22-04-2017, 07:35 PM
You're more than deluded, but I will be joining you in the delusion by aputting a bet on us to win the league. I bet you everyone laughed at those Leicester fans when they put bets on their team winning the league. It's happening I'm telling you. :greengrin

HFCdeb
22-04-2017, 07:43 PM
The worst part about losing to them today (from my perspective) is that you just know they'll bottle it against either one of the uglies in the final. I hope they prove me wrong but I just cannot see them getting a result even though The Rangers are laughably bad.
And I'm not saying we'd beat Celtic, just that Aberdeen are guaranteed to fold like origami.
It would've been nice to test ourselves against Septic before going into the league with them next season.

22-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Deluded I might be but I'm thinking on chucking something on us winning the league��

Bookies will be giving odds for the league without Celtic, might put a couple of quid on Hibs for that.

Borderhibbie76
22-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Here we go, two in a row😏
Great we can still.sing this song

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
22-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Bookies will be giving odds for the league without Celtic, might put a couple of quid on Hibs for that.
Enough of that defeatist attitude :greengrin

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 07:46 PM

We can sing 8 in a row vs the H*arts too.

lord bunberry

2 leagues in a row :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
We can sing 8 in a row vs the H*arts too.
👍👍

guthrie01
22-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Would be happy to take 4th next season, be delighted if we could manage any higher. Our season in the Championship hasn't been too great but think with the right additions we can really push on and finish strongly as the quality of the top league is nothing special.

iwasthere1972
22-04-2017, 07:52 PM
We can adjust the song depending on which team we play. We really need to keep the song. The simple ones are the best as we have shown in recent months.

RoscoHibby
22-04-2017, 07:52 PM
The worst part about losing to them today (from my perspective) is that you just know they'll bottle it against either one of the uglies in the final. I hope they prove me wrong but I just cannot see them getting a result even though The Rangers are laughably bad.
And I'm not saying we'd beat Celtic, just that Aberdeen are guaranteed to fold like origami.
It would've been nice to test ourselves against Septic before going into the league with them next season.

I think you are right, the sheep won't lay a glove on sellick, we'd at least have given them a game and got tore in about them.
Reckon the sheep will ***** themselves again and bend over and take it up the tail pipe once again.

madhatter
22-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Players should take note of this. Lennon criticises them rightly so because he expects so much more from them but also says that collectively they are the 2nd best team in the country.

Hope he keeps drilling the winning mentality into them because this play good football constantly regardless of result is garbage. We need to focus on results when it gets to this level and those that aren't Messi and Neymar will need to get used to getting stuck in, tracking back and winning your battles.

Boyle put a wonderful ball in for Holt but I find Jason and he are prone of hiding and also rarely hold off the opposition. Something they must improve on - physical strength and knowing how to use their body to protect the ball.

Lennon is also right, Boyle should have went down near the end. Probably won't have got anything but I think it was questionable whether the defender got any touch on the ball and the player's honesty is part of the reason why we get so few penalties. Walker at Hearts would ave swan dived and rolled a few times. Schalk did his nice dive. So on and so on.

lord bunberry
22-04-2017, 08:05 PM
I was kind of hoping we might get Celtic in the cup this year. Earlier in the competition when the league was still our main objective it would've been good to test ourselves against Celtic. I was pretty despondent when we got an easy draw against hearts and then again against Ayr. :wink:

lord bunberry
22-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Players should take note of this. Lennon criticises them rightly so because he expects so much more from them but also says that collectively they are the 2nd best team in the country.

Hope he keeps drilling the winning mentality into them because this play good football constantly regardless of result is garbage. We need to focus on results when it gets to this level and those that aren't Messi and Neymar will need to get used to getting stuck in, tracking back and winning your battles.

Boyle put a wonderful ball in for Holt but I find Jason and he are prone of hiding and also rarely hold off the opposition. Something they must improve on - physical strength and knowing how to use their body to protect the ball.

Lennon is also right, Boyle should have went down near the end. Probably won't have got anything but I think it was questionable whether the defender got any touch on the ball and the player's honesty is part of the reason why we get so few penalties. Walker at Hearts would ave swan dived and rolled a few times. Schalk did his nice dive. So on and so on.
Chelsea got a penalty tonight for almost the exact same type of challenge that Boyle got. The Chelsea player went down with pretty much no contact and everyone agreed that the spurs player was stupid for making the challenge, despite the fact that there was little or no contact.

HFCdeb
22-04-2017, 08:19 PM
I think you are right, the sheep won't lay a glove on sellick, we'd at least have given them a game and got tore in about them.
Reckon the sheep will ***** themselves again and bend over and take it up the tail pipe once again.

Sad but true.

HFCdeb
22-04-2017, 08:23 PM
I was kind of hoping we might get Celtic in the cup this year. Earlier in the competition when the league was still our main objective it would've been good to test ourselves against Celtic. I was pretty despondent when we got an easy draw against hearts and then again against Ayr. :wink:

I know what you mean. Even today, the opposition wasn't "hard", I don't recall them creating a single clear cut chance (although I was slightly pished).
Celtic would've been a good test at this stage, It would've given Lennon an indication of what we need to do in the transfer market this summer.

lord bunberry
22-04-2017, 08:27 PM
I know what you mean. Even today, the opposition wasn't "hard", I don't recall them creating a single clear cut chance (although I was slightly pished).
Celtic would've been a good test at this stage, It would've given Lennon an indication of what we need to do in the transfer market this summer.
I can see celtic running us close for the league next season :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-04-2017, 08:30 PM
When we score a goal........ 'Here we go, here we go, Here we go, here we go, Here we go, here we go, Here we go, here we go"

Sorted.

Different tune back in the '70s mind.

Carheenlea
22-04-2017, 09:27 PM

I'd rather lose in the manner we did than win by way of simulation.

Unseen work
22-04-2017, 09:54 PM
Lennon isn't right regarding Boyle going down, it was a fantastic tackle by Taylor if you watch the replay.

vuefrom1875
22-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Lennon isn't right regarding Boyle going down, it was a fantastic tackle by Taylor if you watch the replay.

P##h!

calumhibee1
22-04-2017, 09:57 PM

I wouldn't, not as a one off in a cup semi final anyway. However, folk saying he should have went down maybe haven't seen the incident back, because the Aberdeen boy got the ball, so going down or not it wasn't a foul, and it was also outside the box.

vuefrom1875
22-04-2017, 09:57 PM

Hope so..... Lucky sheep bast###s!

vuefrom1875
22-04-2017, 10:00 PM

Truly hope the sheep get horsed... Preferably against the tic!

madhatter
22-04-2017, 10:13 PM

I didn't mean he should simulate. I meant when watching it first time around I thought Boyle clipped the ball over the defender and defender slid in. Similar to Chelsea's penalty tonight. However, I've seen it back and its a clean tackle. My point was more how many times have we seen a player go through on goal, get clipped and decide to stumble and get a tame shot away and get no penalty.

Ilovehibs
22-04-2017, 10:17 PM

Correct. Less mention of that wee turd Walker in relation to our class boys please!

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 10:18 PM
I can see celtic running us close for the league next season :greengrin

I was thinking Lennon got that wrong too. We are the best team in the country and we are going to win the league next year. We might struggle a bit in the Champion's League to be fair. :agree:

lord bunberry
22-04-2017, 10:27 PM
I was thinking Lennon got that wrong too. We are the best team in the country and we are going to win the league next year. We might struggle a bit in the Champion's League to be fair. :agree:
We'll only struggle in the champions league if we don't get Gray signed up long term. Let's be honest here he'd mark Messi out of the game and get a last minute winner.

Pete
22-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Aberdeen are easily the second best team in the country.

They were totally organised and cut through us when we weren't at 100%

We did well to contain them.

22-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Buffon will be gutted to lose his last ever game with a SDG last minute header in the CL final.