PDA

View Full Version : Quite proud today

Wakeyhibee
22-04-2017, 04:38 PM
I never revel in defeat but I think we stood up to the second best team in Scotland when we could of easily folded. Work in progress but I think the fans reaction at the end spoke volumes.

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 04:40 PM
I never revel in defeat but I think we stood up to the second best team in Scotland when we could of easily folded. Work in progress but I think the fans reaction at the end spoke volumes.
until we made the change looked like it was going to be a rout

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2017, 05:41 PM

This.

Taking the positives is not being a gallant loser.

hibbytam
22-04-2017, 05:48 PM

There were positive signs from the 30th minute on. I think with a few additions in the close season we should be able to beat anyone, and be aiming to be in the mix for a top 3 spot. The only question I have is if we can do it week in/week out, but the quality is there.

Borderhibbie76
22-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Did it really?? Not from where I was standing Aberdeen done nothing except score he 2 gift goals we gave them...can honestly say I never feared a rout today even at 2 nil...I had confidence the team could turn it around as did the majority of our support

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Posh Hibby
22-04-2017, 05:54 PM
There are no doubt positives to be taken. A manager who can make an astute substitution to change the game. The way our players fought to the very end, and almost salvaged what was a woeful start to the game. Going toe to toe with the second best team in Scotland for the last 60 mins of the game.

Most of all i'm delighted to see how far our fan base has come since we got relegated! We stayed with the team the whole game and cheered them on as we came back into it. The standing ovation for the players was great to see and will mean a lot to them. Something has changed in the mentality of our support since 21st May!

Really looking forward to next season!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Did it really?? Not from where I was standing Aberdeen done nothing except score he 2 gift goals we gave them...can honestly say I never feared a rout today even at 2 nil...I had confidence the team could turn it around as did the majority of our support

I was only watching on Hibs TV with Cliff but if we had shipped a third goal and not made the change I feared the worst.

keep the faith
22-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Great stuff today. Bags of character and a compounding of the bond between players and fans. Better than the second best team in the country and beaten only by a deflection.

Been out in Glasgow today and every Aberdeen fan I have spoken to knows we were the better team.
Bring on next season. GGTTH!!!

Godsahibby

Agree with this. If changes hadn't been made it could have got very embarrassing. But....

We did make the changes and the team and so proud of the team to comeback. Just shows how much we do need to improve to compete next season.

keep the faith
There are no doubt positives to be taken. A manager who can make an astute substitution to change the game. The way our players fought to the very end, and almost salvaged what was a woeful start to the game. Going toe to toe with the second best team in Scotland for the last 60 mins of the game.

Most of all i'm delighted to see how far our fan base has come since we got relegated! We stayed with the team the whole game and cheered them on as we came back into it. The standing ovation for the players was great to see and will mean a lot to them. Something has changed in the mentality of our support since 21st May!

Really looking forward to next season!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Agree with all of this.

Stan the Man
22-04-2017, 06:20 PM

It did unfortunately.

Their pressing and our jitteriness and setup would have ended up a doing good had the sub not been made.

We had nothing to occupy their back line which ment they could put us under more pressure than we have been used to the past couple of seasons.

Anyway, the change was made, we dug in hard and fought our way back in.

itslegaltender
22-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Aberdeen looked a yard faster than us for first. 30 mins, it was looking like a rout.

sbell1875
22-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Hibs fans at the end near brought a tear to my eye. Best fans in Scotland, if not the world.