PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Today

Dashing Bob S
22-04-2017, 02:54 PM
I really do hope they win it, but I can't see them giving Celtic any trouble, or even getting past the Huns, on todays show. They carried a lot of luck and benefit from our 30 min no-show and still emerged only 50-50 at best.

I hope they can play better for the final. We can play loads better and easily matched them.

Craig_HFC
22-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Don't care who wins it as long as it isn't the Huns to be honest

Diclonius
22-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Hope they get pumped. Fans were silent for 85 minutes. Don't deserve it.

Elephant Stone
22-04-2017, 03:14 PM
They were dominant in the first half hour but Hibs didn't compete at all. Once we turned up they looked ordinary and they're going through courtesy of three of the shannest goals you'll see scored in the tournament. So lucky. Barring some minor miracles they will get steam rollered in the final again by Celtic.

calumhibee1
22-04-2017, 03:18 PM
If they play rangers I hope they win it. If they play Celtic I hope they get pumped. Don't mind seeing the smaller teams like Inverness win it but I don't want teams we should be in and around getting the benefit of winning the cup like we did.

Carheenlea
22-04-2017, 03:19 PM
We'll finish above them next season.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Once we actually started to play football, they looked extremely ordinary. After the first 30 minutes, we were the better side.

It's encouraging for next season if that's the second best team in the country.

Keith_M
22-04-2017, 03:23 PM
I'd rather see Aberdeen win than either of the Septic Sisters.

jacomo
22-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Once we actually started to play football, they looked extremely ordinary. After the first 30 minutes, we were the better side.

It's encouraging for next season if that's the second best team in the country.

:agree:

GreenCastle
22-04-2017, 03:36 PM
2nd best team in Scotland ??

You can see why Celtic are so far ahead. What a poor league. It showed how bad in the final they were in the league cup.

Anyone apart from Sevco to win trophy though. Would have been worse losing to Sevco in the final.

Imagine Aberdeen will lose a lot of players in summer too - still got massive issues with funding and finding a stadium also!

essexhibee
22-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Pray Celtic win now because Rangers will turn them over in a final. Lucky lucky today. Two gifted goals and a third deflected one. Weak down the spine imo that team.

Their fans were an embarrassment. Hardly heard them all game!

NikGunnarsson
22-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Possibly a bit of jealousy but...
Hope Celtic win tomorrow and then go on to hammer Aberdeen in the final.
Their fans were terrible!

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Heard McIness on the radio saying that they deserved it. Don't agree. Not saying that we would have deserved it either but where a whole league separates the teams it took a large slice of luck to win it for them.

SlickShoes
22-04-2017, 03:50 PM
They are the second best team multiple years in a row but they never looked amazing at any point, they are very well organised though.

Their fans made a long trip but if you can't get excited by a cup semi final then something is wrong, they were a wall of silence for about 75 minutes.

I'd rather they won it than Rangers but can't see any way they turn celtic over. I have always had a dislike for Aberdeen but their last real success was around the time I was born. They are doing well now but success can vanish quickly, you'd think their fans would be a bit more happy with their situation than they seem since they spent multiple years near the bottom of the league only avoiding relegation by restructuring.

Elephant Stone
22-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Pray Celtic win now because Rangers will turn them over in a final. Lucky lucky today. Two gifted goals and a third deflected one. Weak down the spine imo that team.

Their fans were an embarrassment. Hardly heard them all game!

Their songs are so good though. "Come on you reds" is probably the best. Or "aberdeen aberdeen aberdeen" in fact.

Green Man
22-04-2017, 04:05 PM
For most of the first half today they were very good at marking us and closing us down, we got hardly any time on the ball and it was often hard to find an out ball as everyone was so closely marked. They were clearly a step up from what we've been used to facing this season. They'll need to play much better in the final if they want to win it though, Celtic will take them apart.

ekhibee
22-04-2017, 04:11 PM
It's just my opinion, but after we scored our first goal I thought Aberdeen looked scared. I'd fully expected them to attack with pace down the wings but McGinn only came on as a sub later on (and is leaving anyway) and Hayes spent most of his time diving. I wasn't impressed with them at all, and if the majority of that team stays there next season I'd be more than confident of beating them regularly. A few of them tend to get overhyped because of the Aberdeen sympathizers on Sportsound, but now we've seen the best they've got, and they're nowhere near as impressive as we've been led to believe.

inglisavhibs
22-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Heard McIness on the radio saying that they deserved it. Don't agree. Not saying that we would have deserved it either but where a whole league separates the teams it took a large slice of luck to win it for them.
He didn't actually say that, he said they they deserved the bit of luck they got to win the game after losing out in other semi finals. He was quite praiseworthy of our team and our fans. I would rather Aberdeen won the final tan any of the other two.

Kato
22-04-2017, 04:15 PM
The most impressive aspect of their play was their pressing, a destructive element but showed how seriously they took us. In constructive terms they were pretty mundane and had they scored zero today nobody could claim they were hard done by.

cleanyman
22-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Aberdeen have serious head issues when playing in Glasgow.

If we did the basics today we would be in another final. Sadly not to be.

calumhibee1
22-04-2017, 04:37 PM
The most impressive aspect of their play was their pressing, a destructive element but showed how seriously they took us. In constructive terms they were pretty mundane and had they scored zero today nobody could claim they were hard done by.

Agreed. They created nothing, were gifted two goals and got a massive slice of luck for their winner.

PeterboroHibee
22-04-2017, 04:44 PM
It's just my opinion, but after we scored our first goal I thought Aberdeen looked scared. I'd fully expected them to attack with pace down the wings but McGinn only came on as a sub later on (and is leaving anyway) and Hayes spent most of his time diving. I wasn't impressed with them at all, and if the majority of that team stays there next season I'd be more than confident of beating them regularly. A few of them tend to get overhyped because of the Aberdeen sympathizers on Sportsound, but now we've seen the best they've got, and they're nowhere near as impressive as we've been led to believe.

Aberdeen are a good team (the league table doesnt lie), but they are made up of a lot of quite average Premiership players. Once they lose some of their more important players at the end of the season, along with more competition at the top of the league next season, I think we may start to see them fall away a bit.

Panda
22-04-2017, 05:33 PM
We'll finish above them next season.

Hearts fans have been saying the same for the past two seasons, and Rangers fully expected it this season too.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Id rather see celtic win it now tbh

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 05:42 PM
I won't grudge Aberdeen a win in the final but their fans deserve to be losers after the pathetic support today.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2017, 05:44 PM

Nah not for me. I hope Aberdeen go on to win it.

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 05:45 PM
They are the second best team multiple years in a row but they never looked amazing at any point, they are very well organised though.

Their fans made a long trip but if you can't get excited by a cup semi final then something is wrong, they were a wall of silence for about 75 minutes.

I'd rather they won it than Rangers but can't see any way they turn celtic over. I have always had a dislike for Aberdeen but their last real success was around the time I was born. They are doing well now but success can vanish quickly, you'd think their fans would be a bit more happy with their situation than they seem since they spent multiple years near the bottom of the league only avoiding relegation by restructuring.

Because even as the second best team and 2-0 up they knew the might Hibee cup holders were coming after them...........soooooo close

Carheenlea
22-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Hearts fans have been saying the same for the past two seasons, and Rangers fully expected it this season too.

We're not Hearts or Rangers though. We have a manager who is determined to instill the mental capacity to help us to do so.

Killiehibbie
22-04-2017, 09:00 PM
It would only annoy me, wondering what could've been, if they beat celtc in final but hope they absolutely hammer the huns.

DH1875
22-04-2017, 10:03 PM

Sadly, I gotta agree with this :agree:.

HFCdeb
22-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Their songs are so good though. "Come on you reds" is probably the best. Or "aberdeen aberdeen aberdeen" in fact.

Any fans of any team who chant to the utter dirge that is "oh when then saints go marching in" really need to wake up and enter the 21st Century. I don't know if I'm irrational in my disdain for it but it really grinds my gears. No wonder their team can't get it up with that boring drone in the background.

Alex Trager
22-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Oh no chance. **** them. The tims will now win the morn and deal with they bottling ****s! **** the sheep

givescotlandfreedom
23-04-2017, 12:50 AM
I would prefer they beat either of the glory hunting bigot brothers.

green day
23-04-2017, 05:19 AM
Any fans of any team who chant to the utter dirge that is "oh when then saints go marching in" really need to wake up and enter the 21st Century. I don't know if I'm irrational in my disdain for it but it really grinds my gears. No wonder their team can't get it up with that boring drone in the background.

No new songs since the 1980s

Dashing Bob S
23-04-2017, 06:56 AM
Sadly, I gotta agree with this :agree:.

I dislike Celtic but in Rogers they have somebody who is professional enough to ruthlessly maximize their massive financial advantages over the other clubs without going to sleep at the wheel and hoover up all the domestic trophies.

The only upside of this is that it might be a long time before any other team get a sniff of what we did in May 2016.

hibbydog
23-04-2017, 07:08 AM
No hard feelings towards Aberdeen. They were poor and got a huge slice of luck. It happens.

I'll be rooting for them in the final due to a long standing loathe for the bigot brothers.

Dunbar Hibee
23-04-2017, 07:39 AM

You do realise they won?

O'Rourke3
23-04-2017, 07:43 AM
They carried loads of luck yesterday. The sort the Huns will need today. I'd prefer it if the Sheepies won but can't see past Celtic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Onion
23-04-2017, 07:51 AM
The Final will be poorer for Hibs defeat in the semi. We turned up for 60 mins yesterday and more than matched (the-world-beating-utterly-amazing-2nd-best-team-in Scotland) Aberdeen.

Hibs are the only team in Scotland who could give Celtic a game in the final, Aberdeen will get destroyed (yet again), but s'pose that's what the media and pundits want for their Glasgow Darlings. It would simply be too much for them if Hibs threatened to pump the other half of the OF in the Cup Final.

Aberdeen are bottle merchants who'll be satisfied with the day out at Hampden.

superfurryhibby
23-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Putting green tinted spectacles aside, I have to say that I thought Aberdeen were decent yesterday. They were pretty fluid in their passing and movement and I thought they looked pretty comfortable with the ball.

The loss of the daft goals and our poor tactics obviously changed the way we approached the game. We got back into it through sheer grit and endeavour, helped by some flashed of brilliance like Boyle's run and cross for Holt, and the interchange between Holt and McGeouch for the second.

Generally, we were always chasing the game and that made us a bit rushed at times. Also, when we scored the equaliser, I felt we sat off them too much and let then start dictating the pace of the game, it might have been better to go for the jugular.

What it showed me is that we are not far off being well equipped to do well in the SPL. We gave them a rollociking game, after giving them a two goal start and picking the wrong players and formation to start with.

I felt utterly gutted at losing in the end. Reflecting back on the game this morning, it was an opportunity lost. No matter what, I still feel proud of our fans who gave us brilliant backing and turned up in numbers. The players also gave everything they had, on the day bad luck and strong opposition meant it wasn't enough. We can hold our heads up high.

marinello59
23-04-2017, 09:13 AM
Putting green tinted spectacles aside, I have to say that I thought Aberdeen were decent yesterday. They were pretty fluid in their passing and movement and I thought they looked pretty comfortable with the ball.

The loss of the daft goals and our poor tactics obviously changed the way we approached the game. We got back into it through sheer grit and endeavour, helped by some flashed of brilliance like Boyle's run and cross for Holt, and the interchange between Holt and McGeouch for the second.

Generally, we were always chasing the game and that made us a bit rushed at times. Also, when we scored the equaliser, I felt we sat off them too much and let then start dictating the pace of the game, it might have been better to go for the jugular.

What it showed me is that we are not far off being well equipped to do well in the SPL. We gave them a rollociking game, after giving them a two goal start and picking the wrong players and formation to start with.

I felt utterly gutted at losing in the end. Reflecting back on the game this morning, it was an opportunity lost. No matter what, I still feel proud of our fans who gave us brilliant backing and turned up in numbers. The players also gave everything they had, on the day bad luck and strong opposition meant it wasn't enough. We can hold our heads up high.

I agree with practically all of that. The better team won on the day. We were poor for the first half hour but they fully exploited that. Hopefully it has demonstrated to the board that if we are going to compete at the top end of the table next season then money will need to be invested in improving this squad.

SirDavidsNapper
23-04-2017, 09:59 AM
Only Celtic are a better side than Aberdeen and we shaded the game yesterday. One of their players (Hayes i think) said after the game Hibs were a top 4 team and he's probably right. To be fair to them they had to overcome Hibs when we had all the momentum after coming back from 2 down and also a massive Hibs support. They did and are in the final. Fair play.

franks
23-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Hope the sheep win the cup as I hate both the huns and the lesser greens. Not that their fans deserve it though.

hibsboy07
23-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Nae chance I'm born and bred aberdonian but hibs through and through.
I never want the sheep to win trophies and the cup final will be no different

Eyrie
23-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Hope the sheep win the cup as I hate both the huns and the lesser greens. Not that their fans deserve it though.

Agreed.

Sir David Gray
23-04-2017, 12:08 PM
I would prefer they beat either of the glory hunting bigot brothers.

No hard feelings towards Aberdeen. They were poor and got a huge slice of luck. It happens.

I'll be rooting for them in the final due to a long standing loathe for the bigot brothers.

This.

I can't believe anyone would prefer to see Celtic beat Aberdeen and win yet another trophy.

I don't want Celtic to even win the toss in the final, assuming that they go on to win today obviously.

Mikey09
23-04-2017, 08:51 PM
I dislike Celtic but in Rogers they have somebody who is professional enough to ruthlessly maximize their massive financial advantages over the other clubs without going to sleep at the wheel and hoover up all the domestic trophies.

The only upside of this is that it might be a long time before any other team get a sniff of what we did in May 2016.

Absolutely. Celtic have hit the jackpot with Rogers. Brilliant manager.

PatHead
23-04-2017, 09:09 PM
I couldn't care who wins. Hibs are out so I have no interest in the tournament. Can't wait until next season.

calumhibee1
23-04-2017, 09:18 PM
This.

I can't believe anyone would prefer to see Celtic beat Aberdeen and win yet another trophy.

I don't want Celtic to even win the toss in the final, assuming that they go on to win today obviously.

Not for me. Now that we're back in the SPL Aberdeen are one of our rivals. I don't want them getting the boost that we got from winning the cup.

Celtic winning it doesn't bother me, they win everything anyway, if we're not winning it then why not have them winning it so that our rivals don't get a massive bounce from a cup win.

If Rangers had won today however I would have wanted Aberdeen to skelp them. The longer they go without winning their first major trophy the better.

Kavinho
24-04-2017, 12:58 PM
This.

It would be a phenomenal achievement to win the treble and remain unbeaten.

Good luck to them in the final.
Any other year I'd be behind the underdog

cabbageandribs1875
24-04-2017, 02:25 PM
which set of fans will get the hibs end in the final ?

SirDavidsNapper
24-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Aberdeen fans are becoming as deluded as the fuds. They even call themselves "the famous". A spanking in the final should do the trick.

24-04-2017, 02:58 PM
which set of fans will get the hibs end in the final ?

Celtic

Sir David Gray
24-04-2017, 04:48 PM
It would be a phenomenal achievement to win the treble and remain unbeaten.

Good luck to them in the final.
Any other year I'd be behind the underdog

Would you feel the same if it was Sevco going for the treble?

I couldn't care less about Celtic and their treble ambitions.

Kavinho
24-04-2017, 07:37 PM
Would you feel the same if it was Sevco going for the treble?

I couldn't care less about Celtic and their treble ambitions.

in all honesty...., it would be an incredible achievement to go all season undefeated and win the treble.
Good luck to them.

at any other time I'd be behind the underdog.

:cb

hibbysam
24-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Not for me. Now that we're back in the SPL Aberdeen are one of our rivals. I don't want them getting the boost that we got from winning the cup.

Celtic winning it doesn't bother me, they win everything anyway, if we're not winning it then why not have them winning it so that our rivals don't get a massive bounce from a cup win.

If Rangers had won today however I would have wanted Aberdeen to skelp them. The longer they go without winning their first major trophy the better.

This for me. We could do without Aberdeen getting another major lift from winning a cup which in turn would increase their ST sales. If they get pumped again then I can see their fans falling by the wayside. I'm far from a Celtic apologist and on the day I'll probably want Aberdeen to win as soon as I see Celtic lining up, but logically for Hibs it has to be Celtic.

ekhibee
24-04-2017, 08:56 PM

Agree with all of that :top marks