supermcginn
22-04-2017, 02:32 PM
What a player! Most talented player on the books

jacomo
22-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Love him. Hope he stays.

California-Hibs
22-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Did he go off injured or was the substitution tactical?

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Did he go off injured or was the substitution tactical?
Another injury unfortunately. Great goal by him today.

pedroorange1875
22-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Injured whilst running normally and scoring.. Long term a passenger... Get rid

snooky
22-04-2017, 02:36 PM

Probably one of my fav players at the club - when he plays.

TRC
22-04-2017, 02:38 PM
If he was fit 99% of the time he wouldn't be here. He's is by far the best footballer we have in the side.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 02:39 PM

Madness, great player

madhatter
22-04-2017, 02:41 PM
If he was fit 99% of the time he wouldn't be here. He's is by far the best footballer we have in the side.

Are you saying we should keep for his 10-15 games a season stint? We must have a lot of money at the club to have such a luxury. It's like Barcelona keeping Messi who has been injured for 4 years straight...

pedroorange1875
22-04-2017, 02:44 PM
Madness, great player

It's not madness.. I'm not disagreeing about his ability.. He is made of precious glass never mind glass.. And how many full 90 mins has he had never mind 10 - 15 games... We can't afford both in monetary and squad terms a passenger

Smartie
22-04-2017, 02:52 PM
It's not madness.. I'm not disagreeing about his ability.. He is made of precious glass never mind glass.. And how many full 90 mins has he had never mind 10 - 15 games... We can't afford both in monetary and squad terms a passenger

I think it's worth persevering with a guy who is talented and has a big impact when he plays, rather than go for pish that we know will play every week.

TRC
22-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Are you saying we should keep for his 10-15 games a season stint? We must have a lot of money at the club to have such a luxury. It's like Barcelona keeping Messi who has been injured for 4 years straight...

Na not at all, all I'm saying is if he was fit for the whole season he wouldn't be here, he's a fantastic footballer IMHO. I wouldn't keep him though if he can't stay fit.

madhatter
22-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Na not at all, all I'm saying is if he was fit for the whole season he wouldn't be here, he's a fantastic footballer IMHO. I wouldn't keep him though if he can't stay fit.

I agree with you, I'd keep him if he could manage 20 games a season even. Can he not get the reoccurring problem fixed?

If a player can't play at least 20 games a season without getting a bad injury they clearly are not worth it unless the club has a lot of money.

really like Dylan but it's getting a bit ridiculous now.

neil7908
22-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Excellent player but I want to see him driving forward more and chipping in with some goals like he did today.

madhatter
22-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Excellent player but I want to see him driving forward more and chipping in with some goals like he did today.

That driving forward and scoring a goal injured him. He either needs to get the problem fixed or he is finished. Can't go about giving 70% because of fear of agrivating injury. That's the fastest I've seen him move for a while and first time I've seen him in an oppositions box since...well god knows when...we can't afford a passenger. He is a top player, don't get me wrong but these injuries are something the club can't afford. Our squad is actually tiny when you think of players that you'd have faith to make a difference on the pitch.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Fair play but we aren't blessed with players of his quality very often, most of the squad would love to be as good as him

NikGunnarsson
22-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Have always loved him, the type of footballer you want to go and see.
To bad he has injury issues or he would be our best player easily.

scotiaf
22-04-2017, 03:52 PM

If the guy could play 40 games a season he would not be a hibs

Your a fanny

Sir David Gray
22-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Dylan McGeouch is a brilliant footballer and as others have said already if he didn't have so many injury problems, he would be playing at a far higher level.

Is It On....
22-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Fair play but we aren't blessed with players of his quality very often, most of the squad would love to be as good as him

And he would love to play as much as the rest of the squad.

The evidence of the last few years is that he is extremely injury prone so the questions are 1) Will a lengthy rest and good pre-season enable him to consign the injury problems to the past, 2) If not, can we afford to continue allocating money for the wages to a player that can only be a bit part member (albeit very good one) of the squad?

Ultimately, would be happy if Hibs were looking at signing key players for the future on long term contracts that we knew (or suspected) had consistent injury problems? Will he be like JC 😂 or more like Farid?

As he has another year (?) left on his contract it's not something of immediate concern but I am sure it's something the club are thinking about in their future plans.

Ryan69
22-04-2017, 04:19 PM

I would blame him for the first goal though.

marciano lined his wall up to protect the near corner...and he runs out it.

apart from that...Great performance from him!

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 04:23 PM

Really? Hibs fans dont realise just how good he is, a hibernian class player all day long

Ryan69
22-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Really? Hibs fans dont realise just how good he is, a hibernian class player all day long

Never said he's not!

he can be a class act on his day.

Heisenberg
22-04-2017, 04:32 PM
I don't think anyone is doubting that he's a class player. He's not going to play enough games every season to show it though, which is the main issue.

Allant1981
22-04-2017, 04:39 PM

second goal not first

jeffers
22-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Decent player but his influence on games is totally exaggerated imo. He has the ability to do much more but too often plays deep and doesn't hurt teams. Frustrating that one of the few times I've seen him drive into the box he scores a great goal, why doesn't he do it more often ?

Ryan69
22-04-2017, 04:44 PM
second goal not first

Sorry that's the one I mean...lol

eastcoasthibby
22-04-2017, 04:46 PM

apart from that...Great performance from him!yeh God knows what Dylan was thinking about at the wall ....I think he felt as though they should have been a yard further over must admitci did too given how players can bend the ball ...apart from that he is a joy to watch ....

Ozyhibby
22-04-2017, 04:51 PM
I like McGeogh and think him a fine player but the fact is that Hibs are just not a rich enough club to carry a player who plays as little as him.
People saying we should keep him if he can manage 20 games a season? We don't have that kind of money. McGeogh will be in our top wage bracket and if he is only playing half the games then that money is better spent elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Decent player but his influence on games is totally exaggerated imo. He has the ability to do much more but too often plays deep and doesn't hurt teams. Frustrating that one of the few times I've seen him drive into the box he scores a great goal, why doesn't he do it more often ?
As soon as he went off we didnt look the same team, really hope he stays

O'Rourke3
22-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Forgetting to record the match :brickwall I'm going to have to work my way through iplayer. Actually thought he was pretty anonymous and was thinking he should be off for Shinnie seconds before he started his run forward. Scores a great goal then lies down on the pitch. Having just caught up with the sportscene highlights he breaks from the wall too early exposing Rocky really badly. He's not celebrating scoring either as he's clearly ferked. However the people summering can't see why he was taken off which kinda suggest they didn't actually watch the game since he was lying down on the pitch....

CMurdoch
22-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Has a year of his contract to run so not going anywhere.
As a result of his longstanding injury no other team will take him. so he will be at Hibs next season.
For the same reasons his contract won't be extended.
I am gutted as he is a fantastic player.
Importantly Dylan himself must be tired of the constant injuries and extremely worried about his career.
A real shame.

Onion
22-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Talented player when fit, but a luxury we simply cannot afford next season. Shame, but would get rid.

J-C
22-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Dylan is a far better player when he's further up the pitch and today's goal showed what he's capable of when he's more attacking. Due to his injury problems, he sits deeper to influence games, doesn't want to over stretch himself.

hibee_girl
22-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Has a year of his contract to run so not going anywhere.
As a result of his longstanding injury no other team will take him. so he will be at Hibs next season.
For the same reasons his contract won't be extended.
I am gutted as he is a fantastic player.
Importantly Dylan himself must be tired of the constant injuries and extremely worried about his career.
A real shame.

Didn't realise he still had a year left. Happy to have him staying on

pedroorange1875
22-04-2017, 05:21 PM
If the guy could play 40 games a season he would not be a hibs

Your a fanny

Excellent debating point well done

Bishop Hibee
22-04-2017, 05:31 PM

Agree. After Holt came on he was excellent. I still don't think he is consistent enough injuries or not.

Unseen work
22-04-2017, 05:43 PM
He was awful today until the goal which was brilliant.

Not a left winger, comes deep and narrow far too often, him and Stevenson offered nothing for the majority.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 05:51 PM

Not a left winger, comes deep and narrow far too often, him and Stevenson offered nothing for the majority.

Hahahahaha

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 05:52 PM

Worst post ever

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 05:53 PM

What about all his unseen work?

Allant1981
22-04-2017, 06:15 PM

just because he was playing on the left doesnt mean he needs to be a winger, and stevenson was solid in defence as usual

Golden Bear
22-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Good player but someone who plays a handful of games in a season is a luxury we can't afford.

superfurryhibby
22-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Didn't realise he still had a year left. Happy to have him staying on

For someone with 13'000 + posts that's no bad going;-)

Every time we have a thread on McGeouch, and that is not infrequent, we have people saying stuff about get rid etc. It gets a bit tiresome and has become another classic Hibs net ill informed cliche.

I agree that it's frustrating to have a player of his quality and hardly get good use from him, it's also a bit tragic for the man himself and whilst recognising that he will most likely be gone when his contract expires, I would like it if people smartened up a bit and also showed a bit more sympathy for the guy.

By all accounts Dylan has a chronic injury issues, it's not his fault. No winners in this situation.

Unseen work
22-04-2017, 08:37 PM
I don't understand the stick I am getting to be honest.

Imo down our left hand side it was far far too slow all game, I never questioned Lewis' defensive work as he done that side well.

But on the ball the pair of them were cutting inside, running into danger too much imo.

McGeouch was off the pace and getting caught on the ball.

Brilliant goal but that shouldn't taint people's reflection on his game.

neil7908
22-04-2017, 08:42 PM
I don't understand the stick I am getting to be honest.

Imo down our left hand side it was far far too slow all game, I never questioned Lewis' defensive work as he done that side well.

But on the ball the pair of them were cutting inside, running into danger too much imo.

McGeouch was off the pace and getting caught on the ball.

Brilliant goal but that shouldn't taint people's reflection on his game.

He's not a left midfielder and I agree his starting position didn't help him. That was down to Lennon imo and not the player. The club need to pot him in pre season mode now and just pray that a good rest over summer will do him good.

CL0762
22-04-2017, 10:49 PM
It's so frustrating with Dylan because he is by far and away our best player. I desperately want us to figure out what the hell is wrong with him that causes him to break down and be injured so often.

He makes us tick and we are a far worse side with him out of the side.

truehibernian
22-04-2017, 11:10 PM
Good player but someone who plays a handful of games in a season is a luxury we can't afford.

Firmly of the opinion it's in his head a lot of the time, said it previously. No surprise he raises (or becomes fit) for 'business end' games.

I'd give him an ultimatum of 'play 30 games next season' or you're out. As I say, I think it's psychosomatic with him.

Brilliant player, can't afford to keep if injured continuously. We're not a charity or convalescent home.

IberianHibernian
22-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Whole team seems to play so much better when Dylan`s there . A fantastic player who sees things that other players don`t and knows when to slow things down or speed things up .

Thegreenside
22-04-2017, 11:47 PM

Yes that's exactly what should happen and no it's not.