PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie...

AugustaHibs
22-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Sorry to say it but can't see him here next season

Pretty Boy
22-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Fyvie at his best that's a blow. Fyvie since the turn of the year, not so much.

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 02:05 PM
still an important player we should keep

PiemanP
22-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Doesn't do anything particular well. Doesn't score goals, doesn't tackle well and passing is often off. I'm sure we could do better.

HH81
22-04-2017, 02:07 PM
He can't have any complaints at being taken off today.

snooky
22-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Fyvie at his best that's a blow. Fyvie since the turn of the year, not so much.

I'm a Fyvie fan however, your assessment is spot on.

corby hibee
22-04-2017, 02:08 PM
I think that was his last game for the club, a fully fit Dylan is more important imo and I can see a new cm brought in to the club.

MichelleHibs
22-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Ref screwed it for him, on an undeserved booking. Left Lennon with no choice. Need to question lennons initial line up in first place, not blame fyvie

hibee_girl
22-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Hasn't he been offered a new contract?

hibbytam
22-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Nah, not his fault. He was one of 4 players in the same part of the park. I'd have taken Bartley off tbh. Fyvie offers more going forward.

Heisenberg
22-04-2017, 02:11 PM
I think that was his last game for the club, a fully fit Dylan is more important imo and I can see a new cm brought in to the club.

Sadly a fully fit Dylan will never happen.

Greenworld
How can he be blamed for the goals was only taken of for tactical change

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

HH81
Ref screwed it for him, on an undeserved booking. Left Lennon with no choice. Need to question lennons initial line up in first place, not blame fyvie

It was a deserved booking the guy was away down the right hand
side and was running towards the goal. Had to be a yellow.

snooky
22-04-2017, 02:12 PM
I think there lies a big problem. In fact, that IS the problem.

corby hibee

Did he get injured again today? I thought he has had a good run in the team past month and could of been a good sign.

Elephant Stone
I've never taken to Fyvie really but so many folk like him so I've just kind of assumed that I've been wrong. Keep hearing that he's an intelligent and tidy player but I don't get it. I don't see the effect that he has on games, he doesn't make a fraction of the tackles that Bartley does and he rarely makes a dangerous pass.

He was "hiding" personified today. He wasn't alone during that first opening while but I though this performance was a disgrace.

Ilovehibs
Nah, not his fault. He was one of 4 players in the same part of the park. I'd have taken Bartley off tbh. Fyvie offers more going forward.

Agree with you though Barts did really well once Fyvie went off.

Dav1986
First half an hour, could easily have been Boyle Bartley or mcgeouch or Fyvie that came off imo. Although after his booking I thought Fyvie was a stick on for a red card.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:13 PM
I think he may well choose to leave after that as opposed to us not keeping him, he was already unhappy and not being able to get in the team recently and he looked absolutely gutted to be coming off today.

I'm a big Fyvie fan but the reshuffle today was the right thing to do and as said already his yellow made him the right choice to come off.

portyhibernian
22-04-2017, 02:14 PM

I think we might have seen the last of both to be honest. I think McGeouch is a superb player but would like to see his wages go to someone who's contribution is more than 10 games a season.

makaveli1875
if we have aspirations of challenging in the top6 for europa spots then we need better than fyvie in the middle of the park

Heisenberg
Did he get injured again today? I thought he has had a good run in the team past month and could of been a good sign.

Injured when scoring his goal. He's a quality player but we'll only ever see him for 3/4/5 games at a time. So disappointing but we might need to cut our losses with him.

guthrie01
22-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Fyvie > Bartley

McD
22-04-2017, 02:17 PM
I think he may well choose to leave after that as opposed to us not keeping him, he was already unhappy and not being able to get in the team recently and he looked absolutely gutted to be coming off today.

I'm a big Fyvie fan but the reshuffle today was the right thing to do and as said already his yellow made him the right choice to come off.

Didnt look happy at all, and choosing to sit on the stairs rather than the dugout/subs area emphasises that

madhatter
22-04-2017, 02:22 PM
He'll go I think. I don't actually think he'd be a huge loss. On his day, best midfielder we've got I think but when Fyvie is bad, he's really really bad. He's been absolutely atrocious for months, hence why he lost his place in the starting line up.

contract talks should have been left until after this game and potentially the final had we made it. Strange to offer them before games that meant anything were over.

shame our season is over now as well.

3pm
22-04-2017, 02:24 PM
What a difference a week makes on here.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Didnt look happy at all, and choosing to sit on the stairs rather than the dugout/subs area emphasises that

Agreed, you could see Holt shouting at him to hurry up and get off too which he ignored.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 02:25 PM
He'll go I think. I don't actually think he'd be a huge loss. On his day, best midfielder we've got I think but when Fyvie is bad, he's really really bad. He's been absolutely atrocious for months, hence why he lost his place in the starting line up.

contract talks should have been left until after this game and potentially the final had we made it. Strange to offer them before games that meant anything were over.

shame our season is over now as well.
Farewell, use his wages on mallan

xyz23jc
22-04-2017, 02:26 PM
I've never taken to Fyvie really but so many folk like him so I've just kind of assumed that I've been wrong. Keep hearing that he's an intelligent and tidy player but I don't get it. I don't see the effect that he has on games, he doesn't make a fraction of the tackles that Bartley does and he rarely makes a dangerous pass.

He was "hiding" personified today. He wasn't alone during that first opening while but I though this performance was a disgrace.

Absolute nonsense, to put it mildly! :rolleyes:

snooky
22-04-2017, 02:30 PM
First half an hour, could easily have been Boyle Bartley or mcgeouch or Fyvie that came off imo. Although after his booking I thought Fyvie was a stick on for a red card.

Yep, that's how I saw it. We would never have come back with 10 men. Fyvies game is aggressive by nature so he was always a liability after his yellow.
This made him the obvious sub choice when a change was needed. If he was honest with himself, he'd agree.

R'Albin
22-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Strolling off the pitch when we were desperate for a goal.

Being angry is fair enough but that was pathetic.

California-Hibs
22-04-2017, 02:33 PM
He was raging at being substituted but someone needed sacrificed and Bartley was having the better game.

However don't get me wrong, I'm a Fyvie fan and value him as a better all round player than Bartley.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Fyvie > Bartley

Absolutely no danger

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Strolling off the pitch when we were desperate for a goal.

Being angry is fair enough but that was pathetic.

2 0 down and took an age to get off, shocking

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 02:35 PM
He was raging at being substituted but someone needed sacrificed and Bartley was having the better game.

However don't get me wrong, I'm a Fyvie fan and value him as a better all round player than Bartley.

Bartley man of the match in 3 derbies, fyvie couldnt lace his boots!

jacomo
22-04-2017, 02:38 PM

How do you know this?

jacomo
22-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Fyvie is an enigma to me.

He's got everything bar consistency.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Fyvie is an enigma to me.

He's got everything bar consistency.

Dunno what folk see in him, as soon as he went off we were brilliant

guthrie01
22-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Bartley man of the match in 3 derbies, fyvie couldnt lace his boots!

Bartley is useless going forward and we need goals and assists from the midfield not playing with 5 defenders. Fyvie is inconsistent but on his day can create the chances that we need. It's why Stubbs chose Fyvie in the cup final and why we won.

Honestly think we should get better than both but Fyvie is the better of the two

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Dunno what folk see in him, as soon as he went off we were brilliantNo. As soon as Holt came on we were brilliant. Lennon said the lads threw Fyvie under the bus as someone had to go off.

Fyvie was excellent last week, he should not be getting the blame for today.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Bartley is useless going forward and we need goals and assists from the midfield not playing with 5 defenders. Fyvie is inconsistent but on his day can create the chances that we need. It's why Stubbs chose Fyvie in the cup final and why we won.

Honestly think we should get better than both but Fyvie is the better of the two
Bartleys job isnt to score goals or create, he does his job perfectly, fyvie never scores, creates or stifles

Itsnoteasy
22-04-2017, 03:11 PM
2 0 down and took an age to get off, shocking
Spot on

Boyle89
22-04-2017, 03:13 PM
I remember getting pumped 5-1 up in Perth when Hughes was in charge. Think it was 3-0 at the time and Hughes took benji off. Benji sprinted off the park faster than I'd ever seen him run. If someone like benji can do that in a league game why can't fyvie at least jog off the pitch in a semi final. It was a tactical decision so suck it up and help the team out.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 03:15 PM
I remember getting pumped 5-1 up in Perth when Hughes was in charge. Think it was 3-0 at the time and Hughes took benji off. Benji sprinted off the park faster than I'd ever seen him run. If someone like benji can do that in a league game why can't fyvie at least jog off the pitch in a semi final. It was a tactical decision so suck it up and help the team out.
Spot on

ancient hibee
22-04-2017, 03:22 PM
How do you know this?

Well he's injured now isn't he?

jacomo
22-04-2017, 03:22 PM

Games like last week against QOS and last years SC Final.

When he's good he looks really good.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Games like last week against QOS and last years SC Final.

When he's good he looks really good.
2 games, heard he is going to partick anyway

NikGunnarsson
22-04-2017, 03:44 PM
I have always liked Fyvie and backed him but personally, I feel he has regressed as a player?
Like I feel he was better before and is becoming more inconsistent and to honest I would let him go in the summer if we got some decent cash for him.

Borderhibbie76
22-04-2017, 04:03 PM
I've said for weeks on here fyvie isn't good enough....he offers nothing much in an attacking sense and Bartley is far more effective as the holding midfielder...he will be away in summer I'm certain. We need better

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
22-04-2017, 04:08 PM
I have always liked Fyvie and backed him but personally, I feel he has regressed as a player?
Like I feel he was better before and is becoming more inconsistent and to honest I would let him go in the summer if we got some decent cash for him.

He is out of contract so we won't be getting money for him.
Most players in the Hibs team blow hot and cold. That is why they ended up here. Fyvie is no different. Unfortunately I think he will choose to leave

Sir David Gray
22-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Lennon could have taken off practically all of them after that first 30 minutes. Fyvie wasn't particularly any worse than his other 9 outfield team mates.

007 Mickey Weir
22-04-2017, 04:14 PM

This!!

Allant1981
22-04-2017, 04:41 PM
Lennon could have taken off practically all of them after that first 30 minutes. Fyvie wasn't particularly any worse than his other 9 outfield team mates.

yip we also said that at the time, they were all gash for the first half hour, wouldnt have been fussed if any of the 3 had been hooked

wookie70
22-04-2017, 04:48 PM
There is one thing that is certain about Fraser F and that is he can't play in the same team as Bartley. I like both Marv and FF but they simple cannot play in the same team and that has been obvious on a number of occasions this year. Both were terrible until Fyvie went off and then Marv started to click as he knew what his job was. Last week Fyvie was excellent without Bartley in the team and most of his poor performances have came when he has played with Marv due to McGinn and Dylans injuries.

Holmesdale Hibs
22-04-2017, 04:51 PM

That's the way I see it. Fyvie was the obvious choice having been booked. Don't mind him having a strop so long as he gets over it by the next game. At least it shows he cares and he'll be back in the team soon enough.

Maybe taking a while to get off the pitch gave the players time to have a word with themselves. Either way, great substitution.

Heisenberg
22-04-2017, 04:54 PM
How do you know this?

From watching him continually break down and then have himself out injured for weeks/months at a time. When was the last time he managed to play a full 90 minutes for a stretch of say 10 games in a row? You'd probably need to go back to his first season with us.

eastcoasthibby
22-04-2017, 04:58 PM
I like Fyvie and have supported him on here, think he can do a job but have to say I think we can get better in for his wages , though I just wonder about him for the bigger squad picture if he goes from us he will end up playing elsewhere in the Premier as well ..

SON OF PADDY
22-04-2017, 04:58 PM

Completely agree with all you say !
Any player who isn't disappointed with being substituted,is not worth the shirt he's wearing.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Completely agree with all you say !
Any player who isn't disappointed with being substituted,is not worth the shirt he's wearing.

Can be angry but not take 90 minutes of precious time to get off

SON OF PADDY
22-04-2017, 05:10 PM

Personally I think your post is disgraceful🤤
Opinions eh !!!!

LancsHibs
22-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Like Fyvie but think Bartley will be a massive player for us next season. Would like to keep both but if had to pick one would defo be Bartley. Also 100% right decision for FF to come off today.

SON OF PADDY
22-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Can be angry but not take 90 minutes of precious time to get off

90 minutes of precious time really ?
Seemed to be about 60 seconds at most.

GreenOnions
22-04-2017, 05:23 PM
There is an unbelievable amount of guff on this thread :bitchy:

Our formation was clearly causing us problems and Lennon decided to move to a 4-4-2. Someone had to be sacrificed. IMO it was Fyvie purely because he'd been booked.

Funnily enough - if he'd taken off our poorest performer at that moment I reckon it would have been McGinn who barely found a green shirt with a pass all day!

Holt did well but it was our change of formation that made the biggest difference rather than the names of those who were switched.

FF is a proper footballer and I really hope he stays. All this comparing him and Bartley is ridiculous. They offer completely different things to the team and we need both. Marv was one of our best performers today though.

Full marks to the team as a whole today for fighting their way back despite few performing at the level they can.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Thought the midfield was shocking up until we changed it.

Really like Fraser as a player and feel we miss him when he doesn't play. If I'm honest some hibs fans will never take to him and is the go to player to call out when the TEAM under performs.

He'll pick his head up after a disappointing effort today cause that's the type of player he is. Never hides

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-04-2017, 05:24 PM

Our formation was clearly causing us problems and Lennon decided to move to a 4-4-2. Someone had to be sacrificed. IMO it was Fyvie purely because he'd been booked.

Funnily enough - if he'd taken off our poorest performer at that moment I reckon it would have been McGinn who barely found a green shirt with a pass all day!

Holt did well but it was our change of formation that made the biggest difference rather than the names of those who were switched.

FF is a proper footballer and I really hope he stays. All this comparing him and Bartley is ridiculous. They offer completely different things to the team and we need both. Marv was one of our best performers today though.

Full marks to the team as a whole today for fighting their way back despite few performing at the level they can.

Exactly

CMurdoch
22-04-2017, 05:26 PM

:top marks

Elephant Stone
22-04-2017, 05:50 PM
Personally I think your post is disgraceful🤤
Opinions eh !!!!

How come?

The first half hour was brutal, Aberdeen were invited to do as they pleased and we offered absolutely no threat. The midfield was a joke: no shape, urgency, or desire to make themselves available for a pass. They looked a class below Aberdeen and I'm probably not the only person who was worried about a gulf in quality between Championship and Premiership teams at his point.
Bartley, McGeouch and to a lesser extent McGinn all improved as the game went on but Fyvie was only on the park for that horrible half an hour and so his performance can surely fairly be described as terrible? Or did you think he was playing much better than the rest of the team at this point?

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 05:55 PM
90 minutes of precious time really ?
Seemed to be about 60 seconds at most.

Obviously a typo but my point still stands

hibbytam
22-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Thought the midfield was shocking up until we changed it.

Really like Fraser as a player and feel we miss him when he doesn't play. If I'm honest some hibs fans will never take to him and is the go to player to call out when the TEAM under performs.

He'll pick his head up after a disappointing effort today cause that's the type of player he is. Never hides

For me it's fairly obvious that we don't play as well when he's not in the team. He also seems to get more out of McGinn particularly, he plays better when he's playing with Fyvie.

Mainstandman
22-04-2017, 06:00 PM
All you fyvie dislikers will be happy as I understand from a friend of a friend he's off.

SON OF PADDY
22-04-2017, 06:01 PM
How come?

The first half hour was brutal, Aberdeen were invited to do as they pleased and we offered absolutely no threat. The midfield was a joke: no shape, urgency, or desire to make themselves available for a pass. They looked a class below Aberdeen and I'm probably not the only person who was worried about a gulf in quality between Championship and Premiership teams at his point.
Bartley, McGeouch and to a lesser extent McGinn all improved as the game went on but Fyvie was only on the park for that horrible half an hour and so his performance can surely fairly be described as terrible? Or did you think he was playing much better than the rest of the team at this point?

Your the one pointing the finger at FF " making out it was his fault " when it could have been anyone of them hooked, unfortunately for FF he had been booked so the manager sacrificed him.
Opinions eh .....

Elephant Stone
22-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Your the one pointing the finger at FF " making out it was his fault " when it could have been anyone of them hooked, unfortunately for FF he had been booked so the manager sacrificed him.
Opinions eh .....

I said that the same could have been said of many of the players at that point.

Overall though I'm not that keen on him. I don't think he's a bad player, and I have missed a lot of games this season (so maybe I've missed his better games) but from what I've seen I don't think he influences games as much as our other midfielders.

Franck Stanton
22-04-2017, 06:13 PM
All you fyvie dislikers will be happy as I understand from a friend of a friend he's off.

REALLY hope you are wrong. He is a good player-had a stinker today for the short time he was on pitch.....however, over the course of a season he offers a lot to the team. As has been said already, we play better with him in the team than when he isn't.

B.H.F.C
22-04-2017, 06:15 PM

Are all the Fyvie dislikers meant to be feel all happy and justified in their criticism now?

He's been poor since the turn of the year. Sulked today when he was hooked but given the improvement it was clearly the right decision.

A decent player, but he'll be on a good wage and if we can use that to get a better balance in the squad then I'll be happy enough. The fact we started with four central midfielders today, three of whom hadn't scored a goal prior to McGeough scoring today, shows just how imbalanced our squad is imo.

SON OF PADDY
22-04-2017, 06:16 PM
I said that the same could have been said of many of the players at that point.

Overall though I'm not that keen on him. I don't think he's a bad player, and I have missed a lot of games this season (so maybe I've missed his better games) but from what I've seen I don't think he influences games as much as our other midfielders.

Fair enough! That's the beauty of opinions mate. 😁

Hibee Mac
22-04-2017, 06:18 PM

I'll be honest as soon as he started walking off the pitch today, with Aberdeen fans jeering him, I got the feeling he'd be gone.

Hes clearly not happy with not playing most of the season and that will probably cement things for him

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2017, 06:23 PM
I'll be honest as soon as he started walking off the pitch today, with Aberdeen fans jeering him, I got the feeling he'd be gone.

Hes clearly not happy with not playing most of the season and that will probably cement things for him:confused:

Fyvie has played all season when fit apart from the last month or so. 26/44 games and he has missed 10ish through injury.

'mon the beers
22-04-2017, 06:31 PM
What does he do well? Can't pass, doesn't challenge for a header, doesn't tackle. For a central midlfied player he doesn't have it. I know folk like him but break it down and tell us what he brings that Marv, Dylan, SJM brings us? Poor mans Marv imo

SON OF PADDY
22-04-2017, 06:34 PM
REALLY hope you are wrong. He is a good player-had a stinker today for the short time he was on pitch.....however, over the course of a season he offers a lot to the team. As has been said already, we play better with him in the team than when he isn't.

Would be gutted if today was his last game. 😣😢

gogsy23
22-04-2017, 06:36 PM
He cant have been match fit. I like him and as far as today went subbed for a player who scored and set one up. Bartley coyld have been hooked but had a good second half so no complaints.

makaveli1875
22-04-2017, 06:39 PM
theres no hibs player that splits opinion like fyvie. He's not as bad as some make out but nowhere near as good as others like to think . he's pretty average , has the odd good game but nothing spectacular . the cup final was 1 of his better games and he is a legend for that but i dont think we'd have much trouble replacing him.

greenlex
22-04-2017, 07:17 PM

Dont know what game you were watching but it was Holt coming on made the difference. Any player could have been sacrificed to change the formation. Would they also have been useless?

Eyrie
22-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Fyvie is the better all round player than Bartley, but it was the right decision to take him off today for two reasons. The first is that he'd been booked, and the second is that Bartley is the better defender which was what was required to give our full backs and other midfielders the freedom to go forward.

Whilst I'd like to keep Fyvie, it's patently obvious that our midfield doesn't work with him and Bartley together. We're going to need Bartley next season for the big games, so the question then is whether we keep Fyvie (probably one of our higher earners) to replace him against teams that want to sit in. I'm leaning towards him not signing a new deal, particularly after being taken off so early. It won't be any consolation to Fyvie that it was the right decision.

we are hibs
22-04-2017, 07:30 PM
No. As soon as Holt came on we were brilliant. Lennon said the lads threw Fyvie under the bus as someone had to go off.

Fyvie was excellent last week, he should not be getting the blame for today.

Bang average. And hid today when the going gets tough. thankfully him and his woeful attitude won't be here next season.

marinello59
22-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Bang average. And hid today when the going gets tough. thankfully him and his woeful attitude won't be here next season.

Fyvie was poor today but he never hid, his attitude has always been good.

Nicho87
22-04-2017, 07:44 PM
As he said during the week. Least he'll be sitting with his pals at the final.

J-C
22-04-2017, 08:11 PM
It's been said umpteen times that Fyvie and Bartley can't play together and this was the case again today, after half an hour the majority of the team were rank but in the midfield Bartley was the one midfielder who looked like he was at least up for the battle.

At this point you have a choice of 2 players to sub for Holt, Barley or Fyvie and due to Bartley playing better Fyvie had to go off, no way was McGinn or Dylan being hooked as we needed their drive and directness to get the ball up to Holt and Cummings.

Fyvie hasn't been great for quite a while now apart from maybe last week, maybe the contract uncertainty has been playing on his mind.

JAckaHIBEE
22-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Here's how I see it.

You play either Fyvie or Bartley. Fyvie is a control the midfield and pass it about type. Bartley is an enforcer.

Next year, I'd rather see hibs control games by passing the ball and controlling the midfield as opposed to knocking players off the ball. There's a time and the place for both but they type of football we should be playing calls for a control and pass type of player.

lord bunberry
22-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Fraser Fyvie is a Scottish Cup winning hibs legend who deserves more respect than he gets. He got subbed today because the formation was wrong. It was nothing to do with how he was performing as the whole team up till that point had been brutal. Let's not over analyse things here.

capitals_finest
22-04-2017, 09:21 PM
I have really liked Fyvie since I first saw him. He has had a few bad games this season but under Stubbs I thought he was one of our most consistent players. He would shine out in most teams in the SPL, we are just fortunate we have a strong midfield.

He was probably gutted because it was a big day for him in front of his friends and family so I can understand but Lennon did the right thing. As Lord bunberry says it was the formation that was the issue not the player.

inglisavhibs
22-04-2017, 09:26 PM
What a difference a week makes on here.

Spot on! Fyvie was the difference last week and now he is leaving. Unbelievable!

Thecat23
22-04-2017, 09:28 PM
I think Fyvie is one who is out the door in the summer from what I'm hearing. Had a poor game today I actually felt for him.

anon1875
22-04-2017, 09:31 PM
I think Fyvie is the best player at the club technically. I just don't think the system suits him and we haven't played to his strengths since Stubbs left. Wouldn't be surprised if Rangers signed him at the end of the season.

guthrie01
22-04-2017, 09:35 PM
I think Fyvie is the best player at the club technically. I just don't think the system suits him and we haven't played to his strengths since Stubbs left. Wouldn't be surprised if Rangers signed him at the end of the season.

Both Hearts and Rangers would be interested I think. Like you said, great technical player who just needs the right team and system which sadly isn't working for him right now

Billychaotic182
22-04-2017, 09:36 PM
For me personally it wasn't that he played bad it was his manner and lack of urgency when getting subbed. Then when we score he is seen sulking looking miserable. I understand he maybe felt like he had a point to prove against his old team but he made himself look very selfish and not a team player.

That being said we are a better team when he is playing and had it not been for the yellow card he probably would have stayed on.

But again the annoying thing for me was the way he behaved as I didn't think he was playing bad. I also agree that a Scottish cup hero deserves more respect than is being shown.

Jones28
22-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Fraser Fyvie is a Scottish Cup winning hibs legend who deserves more respect than he gets. He got subbed today because the formation was wrong. It was nothing to do with how he was performing as the whole team up till that point had been brutal. Let's not over analyse things here.

This

The attitude towards him is disgraceful from some on here.

JohnM1875
22-04-2017, 09:40 PM
For me personally it wasn't that he played bad it was his manner and lack of urgency when getting subbed. Then when we score he is seen sulking looking miserable. I understand he maybe felt like he had a point to prove against his old team but he made himself look very selfish and not a team player.

That being said we are a better team when he is playing and had it not been for the yellow card he probably would have stayed on.

But again the annoying thing for me was the way he behaved as I didn't think he was playing bad. I also agree that a Scottish cup hero deserves more respect than is being shown.

Fyvie sulking on the steps was before Holt scored I'm sure. And I think he was rightly pissed off to be subbed after 30 minutes. No player wants subbed, especially that early In a game.

Billychaotic182
22-04-2017, 09:42 PM
Fyvie sulking on the steps was before Holt scored I'm sure. And I think he was rightly pissed off to be subbed after 30 minutes. No player wants subbed, especially that early In a game.

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure it was after the goal.

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 10:25 PM
IMO at that point Bartley was causing me more concern in possession, I think the booking was a factor.

Brightside
23-04-2017, 06:16 AM

Agreed. Bartley was a training cone in the first half. But Fyvie got booked hence why he went off. The formation was just stupid to be honest. Lennon made a huge mistake their.

Jag7
23-04-2017, 06:34 AM
I expected more from him when he first signed ... thought he would make a huge impact but, he has never lived up to my expectations and by the sounds of it a few others, if he leaves I wish him well but he hasn't done it with Hibs. Got a cup winners medal and a championship medal so not a bad haul, but I still feel he could have been a lot better and more consistent.

lucky
23-04-2017, 06:57 AM
Fyvie got taken off because Lennon set the team up wrong and he knew he had to change it. At that point anyone of them could have got taken off. Fyvie and Bartley never play well together in the same side. I rate Fyvie higher than Bartley but his attitude was poor when he was subbed

Pretty Boy
23-04-2017, 07:12 AM
What's aĺl this undeserved booking chat? That was as clear a booking as you'll see and one of the few decisions the clown ref got right.

Aside from that I thought Bartley came on to a game after Fyvie was hooked and in a game like today doing what he does best is crucial. He was woeful early on but as he improved we gradually got on terms in midfield. Fyvie may be a better player all round but Bartley is far better in one particular area.

The Leith Dutch
23-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Fyvie > Bartley

This is a weird thing that crops up on here all the time:
Because they're both deemed defensive midfielders and we don't want to play both at the same time
it's assumed they have to be compared and that one must be better than the other.

The above lacks any nuance - if I wanted a ball passing or an attack started from deep Fyvie would be the preference.
If I wanted anyone attacking through the middle harrassed and bullied off the ball I'd go Bartley every time.

I doubt I'd play both in the same XI.

Borderhibbie76
23-04-2017, 09:01 AM
What does he do well? Can't pass, doesn't challenge for a header, doesn't tackle. For a central midlfied player he doesn't have it. I know folk like him but break it down and tell us what he brings that Marv, Dylan, SJM brings us? Poor mans Marv imo
This 100% I just don't get this fyvie love in...he offers very very little except.nicr tidy sideways and backwards passes. He hasn't had a decent match since New YEAR yet lennon gets criticised for dropping him
....if he is off I wish him well as a cup winning legend but I feel sure lennon will bring in much better

Silver Fox
23-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Bartley has a specific role in the team, that's why we knew he would start yesterday, Boyle has pace and when fit Dylan is one of the best players we have and offers creativity, FF being the one chosen to be subbed was a no brainer, irrespective of the booking, imo.

Frazerbob
23-04-2017, 09:22 AM
As he said during the week. Least he'll be sitting with his pals at the final.

Like Griffiths did last year?

J-C
23-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Like Griffiths did last year?

Difference being that Griffiths doesn't play for Hibs, Fyvie does.

500miles
23-04-2017, 09:42 AM
For the type of team Lennon wants us to be, we need more dangerous passes and vision from whoever is in Fyvie's position.
Basically, Scott Allan.

Billy Whizz
23-04-2017, 09:59 AM
I think Fyvie is one who is out the door in the summer from what I'm hearing. Had a poor game today I actually felt for him.

Much as we've given contracts to out of contract players, we can't keep everyone. We need some movement out, to get better in. If FF decides to move on, disappointed, but hope we can get better in

seanshow
23-04-2017, 10:15 AM

It's this the same player who we all raving about as he was driving his teamates forward in the 114 year ending scottish cup final!

Long live Fraser Fyvvie the red haired Hibee.

Fickle fans, some of the negative comments on this thread are astounding.

Argylehibby
23-04-2017, 10:17 AM
It's this the same player who we all raving about as he was driving his teamates forward in the 114 year ending scottish cup final!

ALF TUPPER
23-04-2017, 10:20 AM
During the first 30mins from the 1st whistle - we were getting closed down quickly and bullied all over the park and passing was grim.
Wasnt surprised Fyvie went.

Fergos
23-04-2017, 10:33 AM

Astounding but not surprising.

Totally agree, FF didn't have his best half hour in a Hibs jersey yesterday, and like some I was a bit miffed at his slow walk off, but I'd like us to make sure he's here next year. As has been pointed out Bartley gives you a particular style and Fyvie another. Room for both in the squad dependant on the opposition and game.

GGTTH

DarlingtonHibee
23-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Astounding but not surprising.

Totally agree, FF didn't have his best half hour in a Hibs jersey yesterday, and like some I was a bit miffed at his slow walk off, but I'd like us to make sure he's here next year. As has been pointed out Bartley gives you a particular style and Fyvie another. Room for both in the squad dependant on the opposition and game.

GGTTH

I hope he stays.

number9dream
23-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Feel for Fyvie. Getting hooked after 30 mins in a semi final is humiliating on a personal level but it was the right move...
Lots of teams deploy 2 defensive midfielders, it's just the impact it has on the rest since it pushes McGinn & McGeouch out of their best positions and leaves us unbalanced.
We need two players for every spot and I'd be more than happy for him to stay on if he has the appetite to fight for a place.

cookin_on_gaz
23-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Fyvie is a tidy wee player but his booking made him the obvious choice to be subbed. The ironic cheering when he was subbed, however, was harsh and would be enough to send anyone in a huff. Imagine spending weeks preparing for a massive game against your old club, only to hooked in the first 20 minutes to widespread derision from your own fans. I really do feel for the lad and hope that his career finally takes off, whether it be at hibs or another club.

23-04-2017, 01:41 PM
He can't have any complaints at being taken off today.

In fairness though, he was the fall guy for Lennon getting the team wrong.

hibs0666
23-04-2017, 02:21 PM

Nah he was the fall guy from a grim team performance.

angus hibby
23-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Heard Lennon on radio after game saying "Frasers team mates had thrown him under a bus". In other words, everyone else's rubbish start meant the starting line up/formation needed changed and it was always going to be Fyvie or Bartley who went off. Nowt to do with his performance, purely tactical.

of course he's going to be gutted, I'd be more worried if he happily jogged off!

For all those who say it was selfish of him to sulk and that he's not a team player, check his reaction when Shinnie scored against Hearts. Was warming up behind goal and ran onto pitch towards Shinnie- not the reaction of a guy who was selfish or sulking cos he wasn't playing.

IMO he was Man of the match last week against QOS, he was brilliant and I'd be delighted if he was with us next season.

GreenOnions
23-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Fyvie is a tidy wee player but his booking made him the obvious choice to be subbed. The ironic cheering when he was subbed, however, was harsh and would be enough to send anyone in a huff. Imagine spending weeks preparing for a massive game against your old club, only to hooked in the first 20 minutes to widespread derision from your own fans. I really do feel for the lad and hope that his career finally takes off, whether it be at hibs or another club.

I'm sorry but there's no way any Hibs fans would be cheering when FF was substituted. The odd nutter who's had a couple too many but I can't believe anything more than that

cookin_on_gaz
23-04-2017, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry but there's no way any Hibs fans would be cheering when FF was substituted. The odd nutter who's had a couple too many but I can't believe anything more than that

No need to apologise, your simply stating your opinion. I will still stand by mines though - fans werent jumping up and down with joy when he was subbed but there was definetely an ironic cheer which would make anyone feel a bit dejected.

Stevie Reid
23-04-2017, 03:26 PM

There definitely was some ironic cheering. You could tell that there were more than a few people who don't regularly go to games yesterday, some of the negativity around the area we were sat in at 2-0 down was piss poor.

Guy a couple of rows behind me calling McGeough a "powder puff ****", being a case in point.

wookie70
23-04-2017, 03:27 PM
No need to apologise, your simply stating your opinion. I will still stand by mines though - fans werent jumping up and down with joy when he was subbed but there was definetely an ironic cheer which would make anyone feel a bit dejected.

Surely the ironic cheer was that Lennon had eventually decided to make a change to the formation and personnel which were clearly not working and not against Fyvie. Never really heard much round me apart from at last he has decided to change it.

Pete
23-04-2017, 03:30 PM
The ironic cheering was loud and clear behind the goals. Utter idiots who, probably due to their own inadequacies, have to have a scapegoat.

They probably thought he was being taken off for doing something wrong but that was far from the case. He was no more culpable than some others who were actually responsible for the goals due to their individual errors. Their mistakes usually get overlooked though.

Quality footballer and I really hope he stays. Cup winning legends should be treated with more respect.

Smartie
23-04-2017, 03:33 PM
I was fairly close to the segregation in the North and Fyvie was getting it tight from the Dons fans before getting a big ironic cheer from them as he went off.

There was certainly nobody near me cheering.

Fyvie is a good player, there will be days when we need him, there will be days when we need Bartley but I don't think we should ever see them play together.

I'd keep him.

cookin_on_gaz
23-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Surely the ironic cheer was that Lennon had eventually decided to make a change to the formation and personnel which were clearly not working and not against Fyvie. Never really heard much round me apart from at last he has decided to change it.

Thats my point though, it doesnt matter who the jeering was aimed at, Fyvie was the one bearing the brunt of it. Im only putting this point across to try and explain his apparent huffiness (debatable word) during the rest of the game. Dont mean it to sound as though I am giving the fans a hard time.

Greenworld
24-04-2017, 07:12 AM

Bartley is a massive player doing his job brilliantly. He is not there to score goals or even create but he can.
His job is to break up play win the ball and give it to the creative goal scoring midfielder you describe.
I hope he signs new contract will be a big player for us next season

Green&White
24-04-2017, 08:11 AM
I thought Fyvies attitude going off on sat was shocking. to take that length of time to go off when we are 2 down in a cup semi because you are in the huff is poor to say the least.
lennon was proved 100% right with the sub as it turned out.

If thats going to be fyvies attitude and he isnt going to be a team player then i dont want him at hibs tbh.

jeffers
24-04-2017, 08:29 AM
Bartley is a massive player doing his job brilliantly. He is not there to score goals or even create but he can.
His job is to break up play win the ball and give it to the creative goal scoring midfielder you describe.
I hope he signs new contract will be a big player for us next season

Totally agree. I don't understand the criticism aimed at Bartley, he does the job he's picked to do consistently well. I don't see McGeouch being criticised for not diving into tackles or for Marciano for not spraying 40 yard diagonal passes. Neither they should be, it's not why they are in the team. Obviously not the same level, but Claud Makelele never got forward and he was still a pivotal member of every team he played for.

As for Fyvie, I thought til his first injury of the season he had been our best midfielder, but since then he's been what he has been in a lot of his time with us - excellent in some games and woeful in others. I wouldn't be disappointed if he left at the end of the season.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
24-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Totally agree. I don't understand the criticism aimed at Bartley, he does the job he's picked to do consistently well. I don't see McGeouch being criticised for not diving into tackles or for Marciano for not spraying 40 yard diagonal passes. Neither they should be, it's not why they are in the team. Obviously not the same level, but Claud Makelele never got forward and he was still a pivotal member of every team he played for.

As for Fyvie, I thought til his first injury of the season he had been our best midfielder, but since then he's been what he has been in a lot of his time with us - excellent in some games and woeful in others. I wouldn't be disappointed if he left at the end of the season.

Absolutely incredible the number of people on here that expect every midfielder to be a goal scorer or a creator!! Just shows a complete lack of knowledge about football. We need a Bartley or similar to break up play and cover if our fullbacks venture forward and get caught out of position. Almost every team has one of these players. Its not a glamorous job but needs to be done and Bartley does it to a pretty decent standard.

As for Fyvie, he's decent on his day, although that has been a little to infrequent for me this season. Saturday was a collective issue, not one player having a stinker.

tamig
24-04-2017, 09:41 AM
I thought Fyvies attitude going off on sat was shocking. to take that length of time to go off when we are 2 down in a cup semi because you are in the huff is poor to say the least.

If thats going to be fyvies attitude and he isnt going to be a team player then i dont want him at hibs tbh.
Think that's a bit harsh. You'd have to have the hide of a rhino not to feel embarassed or humiliated at getting hooked early doors in a semi. I can fully understand his reaction - even though it didn't look good. The boy's just human.

Peevemor
24-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Think that's a bit harsh. You'd have to have the hide of a rhino not to feel embarassed or humiliated at getting hooked early doors in a semi. I can fully understand his reaction - even though it didn't look good. The boy's just human.

Exactly. We want players to be annoyed when they're hooked.

The Leith Dutch
24-04-2017, 09:46 AM

Wondering if maybe Lennon saw a different game in the offing?
I know we also played badly but conceding after 10 seconds and shipping a daft goal after 25 minutes in would have thrown everything somewhat.....thinking he maybe saw us soaking it up and hitting on the break with Cummings and Boyle which became impossible after the goals.

That said - I would have had Holt on from the start as I think we needed a physical presence in the box.
End result of the substitution would have been the same mind as I'd have given Bartley a start but not Fyvie.

J-C
24-04-2017, 10:36 AM

On a side note, did anyone else notice that when the players were going round the pitch at the end, Graham and Shinnie decided instead to swan off the pitch chatting to each other, not good.

SaulGoodman
24-04-2017, 10:52 AM
On a side note, did anyone else notice that when the players were going round the pitch at the end, Graham and Shinnie decided instead to swan off the pitch chatting to each other, not good.

How is that not good? The game was finished

eastcoasthibby
24-04-2017, 11:17 AM
IMO we will get much more from Fyvie in the premier than Bartley ..cos Bartley doesn't have the all round footballing ability ...great at winning physical one on one situations but the rest of game is very basic ..he is an out n out holding player who breaks up the game and frequently hasnt the ability or is to slow to do anything with ball after he gets it ..if it was down to me I would move him on ...maybe just as well it's not some folk will say ..👍

Brightside
24-04-2017, 11:21 AM

The ironic cheer was due to the fact that we were being outplayed due to a very poor setup and players hiding in the game. Fyvie was far from being the main offender though.

Brightside
24-04-2017, 11:22 AM

Both players certainly came over to section F2...

IAmLee
24-04-2017, 11:31 AM
I would much rather have Fyvie than Bartley in the team! Bartley is great for physical games or games where we aren't going to have a lot of possession and need to counter but for games where we'll have equal or more of the ball he's not for me. He drags the entire midfield back which leaves it disjointed and the forwards isolated which is why, imo, we tend to play more hoofball when he's in the team. When we play with Fyvie he comes and gets the ball from the forwards and drives on with it and the rest of the midfield look more comfortable playing with him too, look at the difference in the Morton & QoS games to see what I mean. In an ideal world we'd keep both but if it came down to it I'd much rather have Fyvie, especially if he got back to playing how he was before his injury!

flash
24-04-2017, 11:35 AM
It was the Aberdeen fans who cheered for obvious reasons.

WeeRussell
24-04-2017, 11:44 AM
If it wasn't for Stokesy, Fyvie was our best player in the first half of the cup final, and more than played his part in the second too.

Watch your cup final again DVD (again) and pay attention to his performance (amongst all the tears and celebrations obviously) and you may see what I mean.

Very good player, good fighting attitude, and I hope he's here next season.

NAE NOOKIE
24-04-2017, 12:10 PM
I like Fyvie, but its been a while since he made any meaningful contribution to the team, a very good game against QOTS notwithstanding. If I recall correctly Neil Lennon was quoted not too long ago as saying he wasn't too impressed with players who only 'bring it' once every 3 or 4 games and unfortunately Fraser Fyvie has been the poster boy for that.

Fyvie did absolutely nothing in the half hour prior to being subbed apart from getting booked, which to be fair made him exactly the same as all his other midfield colleagues .... no doubt the booking was a big factor in him being chosen. After he went off Bartley came into his own, and lest folk forget if Daz hadn't screwed up we would be giving Bartley credit for tidying up the mess SJM had created by winning the ball back and passing it to McGregor in that first minute.

The only thing that concerns me about Fyvie is that its pretty clear that next season Neil Lennon will be looking for a team that competes with energy and pace for 90 minutes, he clearly values these attributes as much, in fact probably more, as he does skill .... from that POV he may well be looking to bring in a forward thinking midfield player with strength and energy, which will push Fyvie even further down the pecking order.

I hope Fraser stays .... but I would be lying if I said I don't think we could replace him with better within the budget we have.

SON OF PADDY
24-04-2017, 12:12 PM

This 100% 🤔

The Leith Dutch
24-04-2017, 12:28 PM

Bit on Bartley is spot on.
Bartley is there to bully the opposition, break up their play and not give them a moment's peace in midfield.
I'm sure someone will remind me of some stinkers he's had but my recollection is pretty much - you play Bartley and he gives you exactly that.

Billy Whizz
24-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Anyone speak to Fraser at the player of the year awards last night?

J-C
24-04-2017, 12:55 PM
How is that not good? The game was finished

Both players certainly came over to section F2...

They came over with the rest of the players to D section then about turned and walked off the pitch while the rest of the players worked their way round the pitch clapping and receiving the applause, it was just a bit weird that they decided to do what they did and not carry on with the rest of the team showing appreciation to the fans.

weecounty hibby
24-04-2017, 05:11 PM
I would happily keep both for next year. Yes we need improvements but we can't just ditch players willy nilly. During a long prem league season both will be required even if we recruit midfield players. Both of these guys have me my best footballing day ever, probably the best day of my life even on a par with my kids being born so a wee but of respect for both would be nice. You may not rate either but some of the stuff being said is pretty poor

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-04-2017, 05:26 PM
I would happily keep both for next year. Yes we need improvements but we can't just ditch players willy nilly. During a long prem league season both will be required even if we recruit midfield players. Both of these guys have me my best footballing day ever, probably the best day of my life even on a par with my kids being born so a wee but of respect for both would be nice. You may not rate either but some of the stuff being said is pretty poor:agree: Correct, both have been excellent servants to this club in their time here. I hope both of them stay on next season.

Franck Stanton
24-04-2017, 06:18 PM
I hope he stays.

Me too also

Pete
24-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Heartbreaking seeing him trudge off and looking at him on the stairs.

As others have said, he's only human and others who wear our colours would probably have reacted worse.

Legend.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Heartbreaking seeing him trudge off and looking at him on the stairs.

As others have said, he's only human and others who wear our colours would probably have reacted worse.

Legend.

You hear the way he talks of winning the cup and the pride of which he takes in his wee man's reaction. You can imagine hes thinking he's somehow let the wee fella down. That's gotta hurt. Highs and lows of football bt he'll come back stronger for it.

Argylehibby
24-04-2017, 07:25 PM
If it wasn't for Stokesy, Fyvie was our best player in the first half of the cup final, and more than played his part in the second too.

Watch your cup final again DVD (again) and pay attention to his performance (amongst all the tears and celebrations obviously) and you may see what I mean.

Very good player, good fighting attitude, and I hope he's here next season.

:agree:

First goal, who has burst a gut to get in the box to offer a passing option and therefore taken a (and I use the term loosely) defender away from closing down Stokesy?

Second goal, who won the corner it came from?

Winning goal. Who burst a gut to get the throw in and set up Stokesy for the shot that earned the Henderson to deliver corner?

Fraser Fyvie in case you haven't worked it out.

Since90+2
24-04-2017, 07:30 PM

First goal, who has burst a gut to get in the box to offer a passing option and therefore taken a (and I use the term loosely) defender away from closing down Stokesy?

Winning goal. Who burst a gut to get the throw in and set up Stokesy for the shot that earned the Henderson to deliver corner?

Was it not Gray who won the throw in in the lead to the third?

stantonhibby
24-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Was it not Gray who won the throw in in the lead to the third?

Yes, but I think he means Fyvie was the one looking for the ball from the throw

Since90+2
24-04-2017, 07:37 PM

:aok:

Argylehibby
24-04-2017, 08:03 PM

Yes, and got it, passed to Stokes who's shot was saved at the expense of "the" corner!

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Really hope he stays.
Some ridiculous comments on here. I'd be gutted and raging in equal measure at getting subbed off after 30 mins against my old club. Whether you wanted him to jog off or not, his reaction was only human. There were 60 minutes left, not 60 seconds.

Cameron1875
24-04-2017, 11:15 PM
He's a very strange player. I don't mean that in a bad way but it's tough to figure him out.

He broke through as this fast attacking midfielder but it seems now he plays like a 30 year old DM despite the fact he's still a young player.

Definitely worth keeping him and Bartley though.

J-C
25-04-2017, 06:39 AM
He's a very strange player. I don't mean that in a bad way but it's tough to figure him out.

He broke through as this fast attacking midfielder but it seems now he plays like a 30 year old DM despite the fact he's still a young player.

I get this too but what annoys me about his game play at times is like against QOS when he played with McGinn and McGeouch they were superb, the interchanging of positions, they just automatically knew when to sit back and when to go forward. Bring on Bartley and Fyvie forgets he doesn't have to play as a DM but simply as a central midfielder, hence why they play in the same space and create gaps in the middle.

He's a decent midfielder but it's whether he wants to play as a back up/rotation player and not as a main 1st teamer will determine if he signs a new deal or not.

Brightside
25-04-2017, 07:02 AM

I would 100% keep him over Bartley - but Lennon appears to think differently. What we don't need is two of them.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Fyvies a decent player imo who i reckon will thrive in the premier next season

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2017, 07:12 AM
Think we'd regret it if Fyvie went to Aberdeen, Rangers or worse, Hearts, nest season. He's exactly the type of player we need for the campaign next season.

makaveli1875
25-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Think we'd regret it if Fyvie went to Aberdeen, Rangers or worse, Hearts, nest season. He's exactly the type of player we need for the campaign next season.

if fyvie leaves us he will end up at killie or partick . Not a hope in hell aberdeen or rangers will be interested

keep the faith
25-04-2017, 07:49 AM
if fyvie leaves us he will end up at killie or partick . Not a hope in hell aberdeen or rangers will be interested

I reckon you will be surprised at the teams who may fancy him. FF is a terrific player and would be a big loss to us if he goes.

bigwheel
25-04-2017, 07:50 AM

i think you'll be proved wrong. Fyvie has just turned 24 (last month I think)...he has a lot of development ahead of him . Will be a loss to us should he move on and will get some god moves in the future...

Steve20
25-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Fyvie is so underrated by a part of our support. I'd like to think he'll be a key part of our team in the Premier next season.

we are hibs
25-04-2017, 08:06 AM

so he should be kept on the basis of one performance almost a year ago?

GreenOnions
25-04-2017, 08:46 AM

:rolleyes: I'm getting pretty tired of reading Hibs supporters talk about our own players like this. This statement is such obvious rubbish I don't even know where to start. It's not a constructive criticism - it's just a sarcastic jibe.

Thankfully - neither Alan Stubbs nor Neil Lennon agree with you as FF has been a first pick for pretty much the entire period he's been here apart from since coming back from his injury a while back. Perhaps you know more about football and the Hibs squad than they do?

Try facing the pitch when you watch a game of football mate and support our players rather than slagging them off.

makaveli1875
25-04-2017, 08:51 AM
:rolleyes: I'm getting pretty tired of reading alleged Hibs supporters talk about our own players like this. This statement is such obvious rubbish I don't even know where to start. It's not a constructive criticism - it's just a sarcastic jibe.

Thankfully - neither Alan Stubbs nor Neil Lennon agree with you as FF has been a first pick for pretty much the entire period he's been here apart from since coming back from his injury a while back. Perhaps you know more about football and the Hibs squad than they do?

Try facing the pitch when you watch a game of football mate and support our players rather than slagging them off.

what do you mean alleged hibs supporters ? do you have to be in the fyvie fan club to be a hibs supporter

BroxburnHibee
25-04-2017, 08:52 AM
:rolleyes: I'm getting pretty tired of reading alleged Hibs supporters talk about our own players like this. This statement is such obvious rubbish I don't even know where to start. It's not a constructive criticism - it's just a sarcastic jibe.

Hear hear!

Scooter
25-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Fyvie is a great player very clever I really hope he stays

keep the faith
25-04-2017, 09:09 AM
:rolleyes: I'm getting pretty tired of reading Hibs supporters talk about our own players like this. This statement is such obvious rubbish I don't even know where to start. It's not a constructive criticism - it's just a sarcastic jibe.

Great post. Well said.

IAmLee
25-04-2017, 09:14 AM

Great post!! Fyvie is one of those players that most people won't realise how good he was until he leaves. We went on a slump immediately following his injury in December and the exact same thing happened when he was injured last season but hey, we'll not miss him if he goes! :rolleyes:

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-04-2017, 09:21 AM

Imagine Fyvie tried to take on the whole Aberdeen team which contributed to us conceding after only 12 seconds.... The reaction on here and at the game would be insane. I could imagine he'd receive a few boos from some of the "fans" as well

Just for balance, this season "Super" John Mcginn has contributed something like 12 or 13 goals via assists or goals. Fyvie only has 3 or 4. SJM however has played 10 more games... and is our driving force from midfield and Fyvie is more of a holding player.

Anytime SJM does something well, he gets a song sung about him. Also, that's now 4 major cup semi/finals in a row our top scorer has failed to turn up in. Some people are always destined to be favourites but the unfair criticism of Fyvie over the last 18 months has been unjustified imo. The amount of times you read on here "wish we had our Scottish Cup Final midfield available" yet because we played a game that suits Bartley, Fyvie is no longer good enough. Pathetic

SON OF PADDY
25-04-2017, 09:24 AM
what do you mean alleged hibs supporters ? do you have to be in the fyvie fan club to be a hibs supporter

While any player pull's on a Hibs shirt and try's his best, I'll give them my full support.

As should we all !!!
GGTTH

JimBHibees
25-04-2017, 10:52 AM

No he should be kept because he is a very good player.

Argylehibby
25-04-2017, 11:28 AM

No, I just didn't have time or inclination (and still don't) to detail all of the games where he's done a great job for the team. I was highlighting the fact that the people who are slating him saying he would be no loss are talking mince. Would we have won the cup with Bartley in the team instead of FF? Maybe, but he sure as hell wouldn't have contributed to the goals in the way FF did. I am not having a dig at Marv. by the way, he does a great job but it's not the one FF does.

I don't think the 2 of them work well together but there will be games (Celtic / Aberdeen ) where Bartley will be needed and others (Killie / Motherwell /st. J) where FF would be a better option.

Keyser Sauzee
25-04-2017, 11:32 AM
Big fan of Fyvie and hope he stays but I can't see it now after being brought off after half an hour, u could see how gutted he was an couldn't believe it but in all fairness Lennon got it right and he was also on a booking. I just think it will hit Fyvie quite hard especially being against his old team who were giving him pelters and he may look to get a game elsewhere. I hope I'm wrong and I would love to see him stay I just can't see it now

JimboHibs
25-04-2017, 11:54 AM

Aye ok Einstein

Craig_HFC
25-04-2017, 12:02 PM
I thought our midfield vs QotS was the best that our midfield specifically had performed all season. No coincidence that Fyvie had an excellent game that day, either.

I'd love him to stay as I reckon he makes us tick but don't think he will, unfortunately.

On a separate note, I think that Bartley will be a big player for us next season in the games vs Celtic, Rangers & Aberdeen (especially away from home).

tamig
25-04-2017, 12:15 PM

It's just plain ignorance. As you say, let's be thankful some of these characters are nowhere near having to pick our team. Fraser Fyvie is a top player.

B.H.F.C
25-04-2017, 12:30 PM
It's just plain ignorance. As you say, let's be thankful some of these characters are nowhere near having to pick our team. Fraser Fyvie is a top player.

It's not ignorance. It's just a differing opinion.

Over the last couple of months Lennon has hardly picked him. Maybe he's just one of this ignorant characters.

allezsauzee
25-04-2017, 12:37 PM
It's very rarely that Fyvie plays and is not one of our most influential players. Even when he's not at his best , he never hides and is always looking to get on the ball. I'd be making it a priority to re-sign him.

patlowe
25-04-2017, 12:38 PM
There is no doubt that we are at our most fluent when Fyvie plays alongside McGeouch and McGinn. Although I understand that some people get frustrated at the odd iffy pass, which he is certainly prone to, I really like Fyvie as a player - I would love to see us keep him but I'm not convinced he will stay. He doesn't just play easy passes sideways, as someone suggested. He plays with intelligence, and I'm not talking about match-winning through balls (a la Allan), but passes that move the opposition around and allow guys like McGinn, McGeouch and Shinnie the freedom to find little pockets of space. Allied to this, he is also excellent at constantly moving into space himself to give teammates an option to pass to. IMO it is no coincidence that the team looked so much more fluid and comfortable when he was brought in against QOS.

If we have to compare the two, Bartley serves a purpose in particular games, and I love seeing him swat people off the ball, but he is nowhere near as good at moving the team from defence into attack as Fyvie. I also think that he is aware of his limitations and therefore hides a bit when we are in possession, which contributes to us playing the kind of football the fans have bemoaned for much of this season.

However, on Saturday Lennon had a decision to make. We'd started terribly and, rightly or wrongly, the starting line-up had clearly been put together on the basis of keeping it tight and playing on the counter. The idealist in me wished it had been Bartley that was sacrificed, as I believe Fyvie is a much better 'footballer', but when you consider the yellow card and the type of game we were going to implement once Holt was on, you have to say Lennon made the right choice.

E10 Rifle
25-04-2017, 12:44 PM
There is no doubt that we are at our most fluent when Fyvie plays alongside McGeouch and McGinn. Although I understand that some people get frustrated at the odd iffy pass, which he is certainly prone to, I really like Fyvie as a player - I would love to see us keep him but I'm not convinced he will stay. He doesn't just play easy passes sideways, as someone suggested. He plays with intelligence, and I'm not talking about match-winning through balls (a la Allan), but passes that move the opposition around and allow guys like McGinn, McGeouch and Shinnie the freedom to find little pockets of space. Allied to this, he is also excellent at constantly moving into space himself to give teammates an option to pass to. IMO it is no coincidence that the team looked so much more fluid and comfortable when he was brought in against QOS.

If we have to compare the two, Bartley serves a purpose in particular games, and I love seeing him swat people off the ball, but he is nowhere near as good at moving the team from defence into attack as Fyvie. I also think that he is aware of his limitations and therefore hides a bit when we are in possession, which contributes to us playing the kind of football the fans have bemoaned for much of this season.

However, on Saturday Lennon had a decision to make. We'd started terribly and, rightly or wrongly, the starting line-up had clearly been put together on the basis of keeping it tight and playing on the counter. The idealist in me wished it had been Bartley that was sacrificed, as I believe Fyvie is a much better 'footballer', but when you consider the yellow card and the type of game we were going to implement once Holt was on, you have to say Lennon made the right choice.

Agree, however this a MB and this sort of post is far too reasoned, rationale and sensible - it should be banned from here :wink:

JimBHibees
25-04-2017, 12:50 PM

He would walk into Rangers central midfield.

Big L
25-04-2017, 12:51 PM
He would walk into Rangers central midfield.

So will the yams!

JimBHibees
25-04-2017, 12:52 PM

Good post I think Lennon made the correct decision on Saturday as no way would Fraser have been able to counter some of the Aberdeen midfield runs Bartley was able to do.

we are hibs
25-04-2017, 05:10 PM

Talk about our own players like what? I'm not the one who brought up his cup final performance when it's completely irrelevant. What he did almost a year ago shouldn't influence his future after his performances this season. I don't rate him, I don't see what others see in him. Doesn't mean I go to Easter road and boo him. I'm entitled to voice my opinion like anyone else on here. if you don't like it then ignore it, I really won't care any less.

Lex7zero
26-04-2017, 01:31 AM

Been a great season and as usual a lot of different opinions, but it's fairly clear to me that Fyvie did not deliver anything in the championship and he is clearly the first player we can do without.

Lex7zero
26-04-2017, 01:38 AM
Talk about our own players like what? I'm not the one who brought up his cup final performance when it's completely irrelevant. What he did almost a year ago shouldn't influence his future after his performances this season. I don't rate him, I don't see what others see in him. Doesn't mean I go to Easter road and boo him. I'm entitled to voice my opinion like anyone else on here. if you don't like it then ignore it, I really won't care any less.

Totally agree mate. I support anyone in a Hibs strip but to me and most of my mates we are in the same boat. Fyvie is not close to good enough. Disappointing that Lennon didn't see that too, but really hope that Fraser gets a good move and proves me wrong. Glory Glory.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-04-2017, 03:06 AM

No we should forget all about that and get rid of yon catchy tune - what's it called?

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2017, 05:13 AM
Totally agree mate. I support anyone in a Hibs strip but to me and most of my mates we are in the same boat. Fyvie is not close to good enough. Disappointing that Lennon didn't see that too, but really hope that Fraser gets a good move and proves me wrong. Glory Glory.No only do you not think he is good enough but you don't think he is close to good enough? That is madness.

Lennon didn't see it because it isn't close to being true.

Hibs Class
26-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Lennon on Fyvie in today's Scotsman:

Lennon explained that he has had a chat with Fraser Fyvie, who was visibly annoyed at being substituted after 33 minutes on Saturday. “I saw him on Sunday [at the player of the year dinner] and I just asked him if he was okay,” said the manager. “He said he was fine. Look, he has every right to react the way he did, or feel the way he did. I would have been exactly the same. Gordon [Strachan] took me off in a cup final, and I wasn’t exactly delighted about it. But you understand. As a manager, I had to make a decision. It turned out to be the right decision. It wasn’t down to Fraser. The fact he was on a booking pre-empted that as well. I had to make a change.”

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-to-give-top-stars-the-night-off-against-raith-1-4429279

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2017, 09:00 AM
There is zero chance he would get a game at the huns or Aberdeen...hertz maybe but let's no stretch the truth here mate. He struggles to get a game for us in championship

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2017, 09:04 AM
It's very rarely that Fyvie plays and is not one of our most influential players. Even when he's not at his best , he never hides and is always looking to get on the ball. I'd be making it a priority to re-sign him.
I'm sorry but there ain't half some nonsense on this thread...Fyvie has barely played since Feb - and before that he had 6 or 7 extremely poor matches by his standards. He is a semi decent midfielder that's IT - he is not the ginger Messi some on here make out he is. And it appears if you don't believe he is the best thing since sliced bread...your not a hibs fan???

CapitalGreen
26-04-2017, 09:06 AM
There is zero chance he would get a game at the huns or Aberdeen...hertz maybe but let's no stretch the truth here mate. He struggles to get a game for us in championship

Did you see the midfield 3 that started for Rangers on Sunday? It contained Jason Holt, a player deemed surplus to requirements at Tynecastle.

keep the faith
26-04-2017, 09:08 AM

I reckon that post will come back to haunt you.

When you play through fyvie he makes us tick. He is like Claros, he won't jump into the game cold but play things through him and he he is the centre of the team.
Could easy play at top sides but hopefully we will keep him here.

Mikey09
26-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Been a great season and as usual a lot of different opinions, but it's fairly clear to me that Fyvie did not deliver anything in the championship and he is clearly the first player we can do without.

Utter nonsense.

J-C
26-04-2017, 09:17 AM
The fact is Fyvie hasn't kicked on after the cup win and TBH quite a few players haven't kicked on as we expected them to. Fraser has only made 19 appearances this season in the league, which is a pretty poor return for a player with his experience, he's another who's had a stop start season due to niggly injuries. Can we do without Fyvie, yes we can which has been proved this season, can we get better, probably yes we can. Fraser is a tidy decent midfielder but I think his game has plateaued out and he's not improved much since he came to Hibs.

GreenOnions
26-04-2017, 09:24 AM

You've completely missed the point and ignored the facts I'm afraid. Criticising players is fine - we all do that. It's even fine when it's not warranted.

My point was that your criticism was hyperbolic. To argue that Fraser hasn't played well since the cup final is simply ridiculous and loses you any credibility straight away. The facts that get in the way of your opinion are that Neil Lennon picked him as a starter pretty much every week until his last injury. Alan Stubbs did the same. Many supporters that I've spoken to even had Fraser as MoM against QoS recently.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but mine is that Hibs supporters should at least make an attempt to be fair to their own players.

I may well ignore future posts of yours but only where they are the same wild exaggerations as your one on this thread. Anything that's sensible I will read - I'm sure you'll be glad to know.

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2017, 09:28 AM
I reckon that post will come back to haunt you.

When you play through fyvie he makes us tick. He is like Claros, he won't jump into the game cold but play things through him and he he is the centre of the team.
Could easy play at top sides but hopefully we will keep him here.
Happy to be proved wrong mate...I am pretty "meh" about Fraser staying tbh...if he does great I will support him as I do every Hibs player but my own personal.opinion is he is decent....nothing more. As another poster has stated, since the Cup final he has flattered to deceive somewhat and I don't think he has kicked on for us. That's just my opinion.

heretoday
26-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Fyvie's a bit hit or miss for me. We can do better.

eastcoasthibby
26-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Like Fyvie but think Bartley will be a massive player for us next season. Would like to keep both but if had to pick one would defo be Bartley. Also 100% right decision for FF to come off today.

Bartley will need to pass the ball 80% better than he does, move the ball quicker than he does, stop dwelling on the ball as much , jump nor than 2 inches of the ground, adapt to a game quicker than he does, get himself at least 10-15,yards in front of our centre halves, all to be worked on from now til the start of the season ..if he can improve well in half of these then he will serve us really well if not he will serve a purpose well in certain games ...suppose what I am saying is that he has his strengths but plenty that needs a fair bit of development ...happy to have him in the squad though !

Keyser Sauzee
26-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Bartley will need to pass the ball 80% better than he does, move the ball quicker than he does, stop dwelling on the ball as much , jump nor than 2 inches of the ground, adapt to a game quicker than he does, get himself at least 10-15,yards in front of our centre halves, all to be worked on from now til the start of the season ..if he can improve well in half of these then he will serve us really well if not he will serve a purpose well in certain games ...suppose what I am saying is that he has his strengths but plenty that needs a fair bit of development ...happy to have him in the squad though !

Where did u get ur figures from??? Have u looked back at 100% of his passing at Hibs to get the 80% number? Have u checked the inches he has jumped everytime to get the figure u came up with? MB will start the majority of our games next year if he signs on as the games will be played more like the big games we've played over the past few years, games which Marv has been a stand out in and rarely let us down. No idea where ur post about MB came from.

SanFranHibs
26-04-2017, 01:18 PM

A player who needs to pass the ball 80% better than he does, move the ball quicker than he does, stop dwelling on the ball, jump more than 2 inches off the ground, adapt to games quicker and get himself AT LEAST 10-15 yards in front of our centre halves and you are not certain he can improve those metrics, coupled with another post that claims he is a player who knows his limitations and HIDES when we are in possession of the ball.....and you are happy to have him?

Some hilarious stuff.