PDA

View Full Version : Next Season Changes

Keith_M
22-04-2017, 01:50 PM
We now need to think about promotion and what changes need to be made to the playing squad to prepare for next season.

With that in mind, who do you expect to be leaving?

What are the positions that most need to be strengthened?

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Both full backs, two wide players and a centre forward.

Dibben
22-04-2017, 01:56 PM
It's games like this I find Boyle frustrating - great play and cross for the 1st goal - but doesn't always get his decision right!!

Decent impact player though!!!

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Both full backs, two wide players and a centre forward.
I'd agree with that.
We already have Swanson now. Id keep Holt and replace Graham with better. Need a back up to Dylan and replacement for Humphrey.

Hibee Mac
22-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Can't see fyvie wanting to stay after that, he must have been mortified get subbed like that.

Howevee, I think we can and should be looking to get in better next season

BH Hibs
22-04-2017, 02:03 PM
After his comments at the end of the game most of the cup winning team will be offski imo. Which is fair enough in a way as he will be looking to build his own team and some of the players are maybe still seen as Stubbsy's. Just hope he can bring in better to replace them.

corby hibee
22-04-2017, 02:07 PM
I would keep the majority of this squad and improve with a left sided winger and a new target man with back up for gray at RB and a creative centre midfielder.

JJP
22-04-2017, 02:35 PM
I'm hoping we don't change too much and can hold on to most of this team. Success usually comes through consistency and this team has shown in games against the teams from the Scot Prem that we are more than capable of competing.

Eyrie
22-04-2017, 06:29 PM
We need competition for both full backs, a goal scoring midfielder, a winger and two forwards.

That's assuming we keep Marciano, Gray, McGregor, Fontaine, Stevenson, Bartley, Fyvie and Boyle, then don't accept any bids for McGinn and Cummings. Each of these would be another hole to fill.

calumhibee1
22-04-2017, 06:40 PM
I'd not be majorly bothered if Fontaine, Forster, Fyvie, Holt, Graham, Stanton, Harris, Humphrey and Keatings weren't here next year.

Cardinal G
22-04-2017, 07:45 PM
[I would have no co.plaints if that was thhe case as ling as we bring better in.QUOTE=calumhibee1;5019996]I'd not be majorly bothered if Fontaine, Forster, Fyvie, Holt, Graham, Stanton, Harris, Humphrey and Keatings weren't here next year.[/QUOTE]

Elephant Stone
22-04-2017, 07:58 PM
It's games like this I find Boyle frustrating - great play and cross for the 1st goal - but doesn't always get his decision right!!

I'm liking Boyle more and more, could be shaping up to be a really decent winger if he keeps progressing the way he is. His decision making might get better with experience as well. But overall the raw qualities are there: pace, confidence and a seemingly improving cross. Hope he stays.

staunchhibby
22-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Sam scored again for Dumbarton today.He played well:aok:

lord bunberry
22-04-2017, 08:22 PM
I'm liking Boyle more and more, could be shaping up to be a really decent winger if he keeps progressing the way he is. His decision making might get better with experience as well. But overall the raw qualities are there: pace, confidence and a seemingly improving cross. Hope he stays.
He could be another Ivan Sproule imo. He's still young enough and he's got pace to burn, all he needs is a bit more discipline and to work on his final ball. He's already getting better with the final ball, he just needs to learn to play the position properly. He's got the makings of a cracking wee winger or even a wing back.

Peevemor
22-04-2017, 08:27 PM
He could be another Ivan Sproule imo. He's still young enough and he's got pace to burn, all he needs is a bit more discipline and to work on his final ball. He's already getting better with the final ball, he just needs to learn to play the position properly. He's got the makings of a cracking wee winger or even a wing back.
I think he'll be better than Sproule and reckon he'll definitely do a job for us in more open games next season. He also has a ferocious shot and I'd like to see him getting into positions to have a go more often.

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 10:06 PM
A midfielder who has the key to open defences and has guile with no defensive qualities just attack minded.

A couple of forwards also.

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 10:14 PM
I think he'll be better than Sproule and reckon he'll definitely do a job for us in more open games next season. He also has a ferocious shot and I'd like to see him getting into positions to have a go more often.

That would be awesome, but it's a shame Boyle will never have the chance to score a hat trick against Rangers since they no longer exist.

half.time.draw.
22-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Lewis Stevenson needs a challenge.
He is a cracking squad player, but laid on the first.
Although other players were involved..

calumhibee1
22-04-2017, 10:21 PM

Emm... what? :confused: I'm not sure if you're talking about their first, or our first, cause Lewis was absolutely not involved in either of them.. :confused:

truehibernian
22-04-2017, 10:54 PM

Martin Boyle has been excellent for Hibs, both in league and cup campaigns ! Arguably his injury pre The Rangers play offs put pay to our chances (2015). Done more than Handling, Stanton and Harris (sadly) combined. Anyone questioning his ability needs to seriously examine their football knowledge and look at others in the squad who are failures.

Would be one of the last players I'd 'change'.

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 11:04 PM
So folk who do not think the same as you regarding Boyle need to look at their knowledge? Im not disagreeing about Boyle but understand folk thinking different doesn't mean they have more or less football knowledge.

What if somebody disagrees with you on Boyle but agrees with you on other players?

truehibernian
22-04-2017, 11:16 PM
So folk who do not think the same as you regarding Boyle need to look at their knowledge? Im not disagreeing about Boyle but understand folk thinking different doesn't mean they have more or less football knowledge.

What if somebody disagrees with you on Boyle but agrees with you on other players?

Basically yes - Martin has scored more than Stanton, Harris and Handling combined. Therefore no one with football acumen can dispute his effectiveness to the team and squad. You're absolutely right, everyone is entitled to opinion - however anyone wanting to consider Boyle leaving is (in my opinion) an idiot.

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Basically yes - Martin has scored more than Stanton, Harris and Handling combined. Therefore no one with football acumen can dispute his effectiveness to the team and squad. You're absolutely right, everyone is entitled to opinion - however anyone wanting to consider Boyle leaving is (in my opinion) an idiot.

Ok

IberianHibernian
22-04-2017, 11:23 PM
Martin Boyle has been excellent for Hibs, both in league and cup campaigns ! Arguably his injury pre The Rangers play offs put pay to our chances (2015). Done more than Handling, Stanton and Harris (sadly) combined. Anyone questioning his ability needs to seriously examine their football knowledge and look at others in the squad who are failures.

Would be one of the last players I'd 'change'.He`s very fast and seems to be a hard working player which makes him popular with fans and a nuisance for defenders of weaker teams when he comes on as a sub but I`ve yet to see anything from him to suggest he`ll ever be a regular starter in a Hibs team challenging for top 3 or 4 in top division . As a striker he`s been terrible and in midfield he offers nothing except wide when team line up allows it as in first goal today ( when I saw Holt was coming on today I assumed Boyle was going off as he`d hardly touched the ball ) . As for other 3 players you mention , Handling and Harris have had several bad injuries , Stanton and Harris both scored more goals than Boyle or other midfielders in the same league last season but with struggling teams and Stanton has continued to score for Dumbarton this season while Harris continues to show signs that he COULD be a great player soon . Not sure why you singled out these three ( Are they " the failures " ? ) since all 4 ( Boyle and other 3 ) , some or none could all help us in the future .

truehibernian
22-04-2017, 11:30 PM
He`s very fast and seems to be a hard working player which makes him popular with fans and a nuisance for defenders of weaker teams when he comes on as a sub but I`ve yet to see anything from him to suggest he`ll ever be a regular starter in a Hibs team challenging for top 3 or 4 in top division . As a striker he`s been terrible and in midfield he offers nothing except wide when team line up allows it as in first goal today ( when I saw Holt was coming on today I assumed Boyle was going off as he`d hardly touched the ball ) . As for other 3 players you mention , Handling and Harris have had several bad injuries , Stanton and Harris both scored more goals than Boyle or other midfielders in the same league last season but with struggling teams and Stanton has continued to score for Dumbarton this season while Harris continues to show signs that he COULD be a great player soon . Not sure why you singled out these three ( Are they " the failures " ? ) since all 4 ( Boyle and other 3 ) , some or none could all help us in the future .

'Failures' is indeed maybe too strong a phrase IH, my point was all 3 have had more than enough chance to prove themselves and (sadly) they have failed to do so. Boyle on the other hand has time and again popped up with goals, assists and been a very influential player in games.

IberianHibernian
22-04-2017, 11:46 PM
'Failures' is indeed maybe too strong a phrase IH, my point was all 3 have had more than enough chance to prove themselves and (sadly) they have failed to do so. Boyle on the other hand has time and again popped up with goals, assists and been a very influential player in games. Yes . Thing is can we sign better players ( who are also fit and don`t have attitude etc problems ) ? Handling has missed a long time cause of injuries - I admit I`ve never rated him much but he has skill and wouldn`t write him off completely ( may succeed with another club ) . Stanton seems to have done well at Dumbarton so could well end up succeeding at a higher level and Harris has shown at QOS and when not injured this season with us that he`s still a good player . As for Boyle , who Lennon has given loads of chances , has he got a good record as a goalscorer ( not criticising him here as I doubt he`s ever claimed to be a striker ) or for assists ? In which games has he been influential ? He seems to have a great attitude and to work hard to improve but I`d be surprised if he`s starting regularly next season

Thegreenside
22-04-2017, 11:52 PM
I honestly think the squad is a wee bit rough about the edges, could do with a few, could do without a couple. The general standard and team spirit is spot on if you ask me

Borderhibbie76
23-04-2017, 09:09 AM
If u mean the dons 1st goal..u couldn't be more wrong...blame Mcginn or Daz but not Lewis

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FitbaFolkKen
23-04-2017, 09:22 AM
Interesting that on the Dons forum they were all raving about Boyle, Bartley and McGregor.

Boyle because his crossing was spot on, his distribution was much. Enter than usual yesterday I thought.

Bartley because he just stops people.

McGregor as he was solid apart from the error for the first and unlucky for the third.

Not really a mention of McGinnis or Cummings, both didn't have. A great impact on the game. Interesting to see how other clubs view us.