PDA

View Full Version : Not bothered

High-On-Hibs
22-04-2017, 01:31 PM
It was an awful start, but we fought bravely and gave a right good go of it after the changes were made. Aberdeen scored 3 of the worst goals you'll ever see in football and if we can take anything out of today it's that we have absolutely nothing to fear going into the Premiership. The fans were brilliant.

Chin up lads, onwards and upwards.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-04-2017, 01:40 PM
It was an awful start, but we fought bravely and gave a right good go of it after the changes were made. Aberdeen scored 3 of the worst goals you'll ever see in football and if we can take anything out of today it's that we have absolutely nothing to fear going into the Premiership. The fans were brilliant.

This...

Yuillsy
22-04-2017, 01:53 PM
I'm ****ing spewing!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
22-04-2017, 01:58 PM

If we ship goals like that it'll be a hard season.Until we start playing for 90 minutes we'll suffer.

ShinyFantastic
22-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Shocking mindset.

TheHarpy76
22-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Not bothered?

Pretty odd attitude to have after losing a semi final.

Each to their own I suppose.

tanfield
22-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Wrong tactics to start with.

Have felt worse leaving Hampden in the past. Proud of how they came back into it.

Enjoyed the journey

ShinyFantastic
22-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Not bothered?

This. Why do so many of our fans think like this!?

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2017, 02:02 PM
I'm bothered

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 02:03 PM

but that was a cup semi not a league game. Will we raise performance levels at home to the likes of hamilton, ICT, partick?

TheHarpy76
22-04-2017, 02:04 PM
This. Why do so many of our fans think like this!?

Exactly. Has the hunger gone after last year?

High-On-Hibs
22-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Shocking mindset.

Nothing wrong with my mindset. It's cool, calm and collected. :cool2:

Not bothered?

I never said I was happy that we lost. But despite a shocking first 20 minutes, we were better than Aberdeen and lost to an extremely cruel goal. I've seen Hibs play far worse at Hampden.

Northern Hibby
22-04-2017, 02:05 PM
After 114 years the last thing we wanted was to be knocked out in the first round, to get to a semi final (having knocked out the jambos on the way) 😉 can be classed putting up a good fight!

🇳🇬 GGTTH 🇳🇬

TheHarpy76
22-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Nothing wrong with my mindset. It's cool, calm and collected. :cool2:

I never said I was happy that we lost. But despite a shocking first 20 minutes, we were better than Aberdeen and lost to an extremely cruel goal. I've seen Hibs play far worse at Hampden.

I was reacting to your thread title. As I said it's your opinion and you don't have to explain yourself to me. I just found it a pretty strange attitude to have.

DaveF
22-04-2017, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't say not bothered as losing any game never mind a semi final to a deflection, is sore, but we done well after a poor start and put up a decent defence of the trophy.

judas
22-04-2017, 02:33 PM

I appreciate the sentiment behind this thread.

I was very disappointed, but as a hibs fan ive learned to indulge in protracted wallowing after victory and to forget defeat very quickly.

Now im going to have a nice glass of red.

one day maybe...
22-04-2017, 02:36 PM
If my team was that rich it meant winning every game because we could just buy every great player available, I honestly think I'd get bored. Watching Hibs has and always will be a rollercoaster #proudHibee 💚

jacomo
22-04-2017, 02:37 PM
I'm over it already tbh.

Really telling that so many fans stayed after the final whistle and made some noise.

We will never be a club that goes into every game expecting to win, and gave away 2 very poor goals today (+ an unlucky deflection).

But we have great character and a bit of quality.

It's been a good season.

JJP
22-04-2017, 02:37 PM
I'm pretty disappointed but definitely felt worse after losses at Hampden.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Feared the worst after our start. Recovered excellently and at the very least deserved extra time.

The feeling when the winning goal went in was no where near as sickening as when other goals have gone in at Hampden against us. Even at that, we battled away till the end and opened up the dons a few times.

Full time whistle.... actually I could barely hear it because of the noise coming from the hibs end. And that's how I'll remember the game. Hibs fans singing till the end. Sheer pride in the majority of us there today.

Not bothered? Not quite. But certainly not suicidal or anything like that. Shows we can and will compete next season.

Hibernian FC - I love you 💚⚽

offshorehibby
22-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Well peed off, loosing to stupid early goals the way we did.

NZ Green
22-04-2017, 02:47 PM
Agreed. Obviously disappointing we didn't win, but there were some brutal goals for Aberdeen and we came right back into it, we certainly didn't bow out easily and certainly shouldn't be ashamed. Alot of people will disagree but I'm not gutted we didn't have to play Rangers or Celtic in the final. We probably wouldn't beat Celtic and imagine losing to Rangers.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2017, 04:07 PM
Not bothered isn't how I feel but I am not too dissapointed. For the best part of the first half we froze but we didn't fold. It took a fluke to beat us. Against the second best team in Scotland we did ok.

Vini1875
22-04-2017, 04:13 PM
I'm scunnered but that has a lot to do with the start. Gave them far too much respect and once we got our tactics right and got a grip in the game we were much better. Not sure I believed we would win the cup again this year but in a final you just never know and for that reason I am scunnered as well because we were better than aberdeen for most of that game.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2017, 04:14 PM
I'm certainly bothered about it that game was more than winnable and we chucked it away with an awful start to the game.

It will be a cold day in hell when I'm not bothered about Hibs losing a semi final in the Scottish Cup.

JK Rolling
22-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Shocking mindset.

This. With bells and whistles.

OsloHibs
22-04-2017, 04:29 PM
I'm ****ing spewing!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I feel your pain. I am gutted.

lucky
22-04-2017, 04:36 PM
I'm gutted we lost to a side we could have beat. Lennon set the team up wrong, McGregor made a howling mistake for the first, McGeough ran out the wall for the second and we were unlucky with the third

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 04:42 PM
This would have been only season I could live easily enough going out if outplayed but we shot ourselves in the foot and really did have a chance today.

Very disappointed in how it turned out.

cleanyman
22-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Disappointed in the way we have lost our trophy.

It was a solid defence though.

lord bunberry
22-04-2017, 05:06 PM
I'm gutted we lost to a side we could have beat. Lennon set the team up wrong, McGregor made a howling mistake for the first, McGeough ran out the wall for the second and we were unlucky with the third

That's sums it up perfectly for me.

high bee
22-04-2017, 05:08 PM
The character was a real plus point for me, was worried for us next season until we showed that.

It's only a few years ago we would've chucked it and got jumped then had players claiming they don't care and can't wait to leave plus the obligatory post defeat team night out down George Street.

Massively disappointed but equally proud, these guys have done us proud in the last 12 months.

Ilovehibs
22-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Gutted to have lost a semi which should have won despite a dreadful start.

Proud of the boys for showing pride and belief in fighting back and being the better team in the end.

Loved being part of a big Hibernian support at Hampden who outsung the winning team and showed our class as fans.

I love Hibs 💚

LancsHibs
22-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Disappointed to have lost today especially in the manner of the defeat but not distraught. Clinched promotion as champions which was the target for the season. Job done, well done Hibs. Can't wait for next season:flag:

givescotlandfreedom
22-04-2017, 05:36 PM
I'm gutted we've lost our trophy. Really glad the manager is angry about it too, I think that attitude will bring success.

fife hfc
22-04-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm not gutted as I felt after the first 30 mins we more than matched them. I feel Lennon has to take responsibility as he set the team up wrong. They are the second best team in Scotland and we matched them but for a lucky deflection. It gives me hope for next season when with a few signings in the forward areas and we can do well. GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Cheshire Hibby
22-04-2017, 05:38 PM
I'm certainly bothered about it that game was more than winnable and we chucked it away with an awful start to the game.

It will be a cold day in hell when I'm not bothered about Hibs losing a semi final in the Scottish Cup.

This.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2017, 05:39 PM

How did the set up contribute to the first and second goals??

alihibs1
22-04-2017, 05:53 PM
At first I wasn't to down about the defeat. We were sloppy but the fight was incredible and also winning the cup last year I didn't feel to bad. A hibs team of 3/4 years ago would of been thrashed 4/5 nil. But in reflection now I'm gutted. We were well in that game and easily could of won it. It would of been great to have got to another final and to have staged an incredible comeback. On another day we would have won that game, even though I'm disappointed I'm proud of Hibernian football club and what we have achieved these past 3 years and the potential that is to come.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DroitwichHibs
22-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Would never be not bothered about losing a semi final. Have endured too many to not care. But if there are positives from losing today it is a proper break before pre season. If you think we gave been involved in play offs last 3 years and last seasons glorious day. No European match early in July. Key players getting a rest (McGinn, Mcgeouch etc. Lennon, Dempster and Craig can get on with all the planning for next season early and without distraction. GGTTH.

alihibs1
22-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Would never be not bothered about losing a semi final. Have endured too many to not care. But if there are positives from losing today it is a proper break before pre season. If you think we gave been involved in play offs last 3 years and last seasons glorious day. No European match early in July. Key players getting a rest (McGinn, Mcgeouch etc. Lennon, Dempster and Craig can get on with all the planning for next season early and without distraction. GGTTH.
Agree but we'll have even more games pre-season next season as that stupid league cup group stage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
22-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Going in to the game I had a feeling Aberdeen would be too strong for us and I wouldn't be that bothered with a narrow defeat.

However having gifted them two soft goals but fighting back to 2-2 and generally playing really well in the 2nd half I am bothered and it feels like we let a mediocre Aberdeen side off the hook.

Eyrie
22-04-2017, 06:10 PM
This time last week I wasn't bothered about the prospect of losing, as long as we played well.

This time this week I'm still bothered about the slack pass to gift them their first goal, the disappearing wall at their second and the way that Lennon is trying to deny that he got his tactics wrong when the replacement of Fyvie by Holt was a clear indication of just that.