PDA

View Full Version : Asleep, Brave, Unlucky and Beaton

Dashing Bob S
22-04-2017, 01:19 PM
The story of the match.

Nightmare start and we are two down. Tremendous spirit and class and great sub from Lennon to get us back in it. A really cruel deflection and hard on Daz who has been a stand-out.

Andean are very fortunate, but also lucky to have had a 12th man in Beaton. That Hun ******* was determined that we were never going back for another final. He was beyond biased against us, and is an complete embarrassment to the game.

Tony Bobulinski
22-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Spot on DBS. Hate having to agree with the last bit, but Beaton unquestionably had two rule books today.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 02:05 PM
The story of the match.

Nightmare start and we are two down. Tremendous spirit and class and great sub from Lennon to get us back in it. A really cruel deflection and hard on Daz who has been a stand-out.

Andean are very fortunate, but also lucky to have had a 12th man in Beaton. That Hun ******* was determined that we were never going back for another final. He was beyond biased against us, and is an complete embarrassment to the game.

:top marks

There will be some trumpet along soon trying to defend Beaton!

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2017, 02:05 PM
The story of the match.

Try reading the "Beaton" thread

xyz23jc
22-04-2017, 02:09 PM

Trumpet alert! :greengrin Thought the ref was ok today, no complaints. Just came up short. Unlucky. Good show from the boys, Gutsy performance. Gutted but, "Pwoud, vewey vewyet pwoud!" :agree:

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 02:10 PM

:clown:

KazaHibs
22-04-2017, 02:13 PM
Ref was a joke. Shinnie must've fouled at least eight times, yet only got what Holt got, a booking.

snooky
22-04-2017, 02:20 PM

Here I come ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cQ95vYZYh0 :wink:

judas
22-04-2017, 02:29 PM
I thought the ref was ok too. Must be a trumpet also.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Here I come ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cQ95vYZYh0 :wink:

We should start a John Beaton Hibs Fan club:greengrin

Allant1981
22-04-2017, 02:31 PM
I thought the ref was ok too. Must be a trumpet also.

sorry but that ref was honking today, there was one in particular where bartley got a kick in the head and ref played on but gave aberdeen a free kick for the exact same thing earlier

O'Rourke3
22-04-2017, 02:33 PM
What was the tv view of what looked like a 2 footed tackle from behind on Ambrose first half?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:35 PM

Try reading the "Beaton" thread

The story of the match.

No one is "defending" him on the Beaton thread simply pointing out that he is a poor ref and he made mistakes both ways.

The 12th man stuff is nonsense. We beat ourselves and the blame lies on our doorstep for only performing for 60 of the 90. If you guys want to blindly blame the ref and be proud of our bonnie boys then go for it. However as I saw it, similarly to Lennon, we gifted the first two and the third is unlucky.

Carry on with your pops about defending hun refs, unintelligent Hibs fans and trumpets as that is the way the "Beaton" thread has gone. Brilliant

Mantis Toboggan
22-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Bookings were a farce. Beaton is a fat useless tramp. Not giving a free kick for Bartley getting punted in the head was truly ridiculous

cardrosshibbe
22-04-2017, 02:38 PM
The story of the match.

Agreed, Beaton was absolutely shocking that game, Hibs fans in D3 ( Where I was sitting) Were going Mental! The thing that annoyed me most was the handball that wasnt given leading to the Aberdeen fluke goal. How can the SFA have refs like him.

Austinho
22-04-2017, 02:42 PM
What about him blowing for half time when we were on the attack.

erin go bragh
22-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Thought we were very unlucky. Proud to be Hibby .
Tbought Rocky had scored with that header at the end .

Dashing Bob S
22-04-2017, 02:44 PM
No one is "defending" him on the Beaton thread simply pointing out that he is a poor ref and he made mistakes both ways.

The 12th man stuff is nonsense. We beat ourselves and the blame lies on our doorstep for only performing for 60 of the 90. If you guys want to blindly blame the ref and be proud of our bonnie boys then go for it. However as I saw it, similarly to Lennon, we gifted the first two and the third is unlucky.

Carry on with your pops about defending hun refs, unintelligent Hibs fans and trumpets as that is the way the "Beaton" thread has gone. Brilliant

I'm not suggesting anybody a trumpet, or saying that Beaton was solely to blame. The title of the thread and original post lays the blame at our own door for the failure to show up in the first 30 mins, and also states the third was unlucky.

cleanyman
22-04-2017, 02:46 PM
The first 30 minutes were a horror show. Lennon must take the flak for that because at 2-0 down we are asking a lot

He does deserve credit for the change but we shot ourselves in the foot today.

As for Beaton ? No one at the game can say he had an okay game. He was hopeless and I'm a referee myself.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:50 PM
I'm not suggesting anybody a trumpet, or saying that Beaton was solely to blame. The title of the thread and original post lays the blame at our own door for the failure to show up in the first 30 mins, and also states the third was unlucky.

Sorry I quoted three posts, the trumpet and intelligence stuff was posted by the other posters.

I was referring to your 12th man stuff that I don;t think it is a conspiracy just that he is a bad ref and got plenty wrong today!

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 02:55 PM
The first 30 minutes were a horror show. Lennon must take the flak for that because at 2-0 down we are asking a lot

He does deserve credit for the change but we shot ourselves in the foot today.

As for Beaton ? No one at the game can say he had an okay game. He was hopeless and I'm a referee myself.
Lennon clearly blames the players - or some of them - for poor decisions in the first 30 minutes - and says they will regret it. I suspect that may have made his mind ip about letting certain players go - or at least not increasing any initial offer on the table

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 03:05 PM
The story of the match.

Nervous start; Holt makes difference; McGeoch loss; referee influence; cruel luck; Lennon angry but learns a lot for next season..........​

O'Rourke3
22-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Lennon clearly blames the players - or some of them - for poor decisions in the first 30 minutes - and says they will regret it. I suspect that may have made his mind ip about letting certain players go - or at least not increasing any initial offer on the table

He said individual errors not poor or bad players. The regret is they come away from that game knowing they should have won it. There's no hint of "played yourself out of my plans"

Mainstandman
22-04-2017, 06:08 PM
What about him blowing for half time when we were on the attack.
When times up times up there's no rules on ball being in play, allowing an attack etc. Only exception is allowing a penalty to be taken

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 06:12 PM
When times up times up there's no rules on ball being in play, allowing an attack etc. Only exception is allowing a penalty to be taken
I think theres a degree of subjectivity. Its a minimum of time not an exact amount
usually referees will decide ok the next time it goes out of play I'll blow but to blow during a decisive attack?

northstandhibby
22-04-2017, 06:43 PM
The story of the match.

Totally agree Beaton was beyond biased against us, dirty swine.

In saying that we kind of helped him by somewhat gifting a couple of goals. But I'm very proud overall of our defense of the cup as holders, and bar some unfortunate errors and a fluke goal we would have been marching onto the final again.

:flag:

glory glory

Mainstandman
22-04-2017, 08:11 PM
I think theres a degree of subjectivity. Its a minimum of time not an exact amount
usually referees will decide ok the next time it goes out of play I'll blow but to blow during a decisive attack?
Then how long do you go, other sports just have the time and that's it. Maybe football should have a visible clock like rugby.

hibee62
22-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Then how long do you go, other sports just have the time and that's it. Maybe football should have a visible clock like rugby.

In that case we'd have finished the attack because the whistle goes the next time the ball goes out. In this case, Beaton saw the clearance and could have blown, instead he waited for the hibs player to beat two men and get into a promising position and blew.