PDA

View Full Version : Beaton

Diclonius
22-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Aberdeen will be giving him a wee toast tonight.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 01:12 PM
He was poor both ways, first two goals were individual errors and the third a lucky deflection. Beaton didn't cost us any of them.

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 01:13 PM
He made sure Hibs were playing uphill and into a headwind. Beaton and bad luck robbed us today.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 01:14 PM
He was poor both ways, first two goals were individual errors and the third a lucky deflection. Beaton didn't cost us any of them.

Are you actually joking? The handball before the third the most blatant ive ever seen. ***n brutal

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 01:15 PM

There would have been more goals for us without them being able to persistently foul us without yellows. We scored two excellent goals in those circumstances and would have had more with a fair and balanced flow of play.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 01:20 PM
Are you actually joking? The handball before the third the most blatant ive ever seen. ***n brutal

Most blatant you've ever seen? Short memory from the Falkirk playoffs?

He's a ***** ref with some ***** decisions that is for sure

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Beaton is a hun welt, end off.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Most blatant you've ever seen? Short memory from the Falkirk playoffs?

He's a ***** ref with some ***** decisions that is for sure

aye more blatant than that. if you dont think that was a handball just give up watching football.

actually cant believe your defending that ****

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 01:24 PM
aye more blatant than that. if you dont think that was a handball just give up watching football.

He's a human who's not infallible and makes errors. The paranoia on this place is ridiculous. We were unlucky, that's all.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 01:25 PM

I'm not defending him just saying he didn't cost us the game

https://streamable.com/jfol4

Watch that, the pass comes from their half, he turns a player, McGinn if slightly deeper could cut him off and then it's a lucky deflection that McGregor may have reacted to, unfortunately he didn't.

There are loads of opportunities for Hibs to defend that in open play... but no let's just slag the ref.

Clearly I was watching the football while you were bitching about the ref.

Jpdhfc
22-04-2017, 01:26 PM

Simply astonishing and meadia don't mention it shock

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 01:27 PM
He's a human who's not infallible and makes errors. The paranoia on this place is ridiculous. We were unlucky, that's all.

what are you talking about? paranoia? he is a ***n awful ref that is the point? Are you saying that wasnt a handball??

calumhibee1
22-04-2017, 01:27 PM
He was absolutely shocking today.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 01:28 PM
I'm not defending him just saying he didn't cost us the game

https://streamable.com/jfol4

Watch that, the pass comes from their half, he turns a player, McGinn if slightly deeper could cut him off and then it's a lucky deflection that McGregor may have reacted to, unfortunately he didn't.

There are loads of opportunities for Hibs to defend that in open play... but no let's just slag the ref.

Clearly I was watching the football while you were bitching about the ref.

you are clueless.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 01:29 PM
you are clueless.

Good job arguing your point.

easty
22-04-2017, 01:31 PM

He's right.

So what if we could have done this or that after the handball, it was still a blatant hand ball. We shouldn't have to have defended better, we shouldn't have to be bitching about luck.

It should have been a free kick

FilipinoHibs
22-04-2017, 01:32 PM
you are clueless.

You sound like John Swinney. Why is he clueless?
You have provided no evidence or arguments.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 01:35 PM
He's right.

So what if we could have done this or that after the handball, it was still a blatant hand ball. We shouldn't have to have defended better, we shouldn't have to be bitching about luck.

It should have been a free kick

That is nonsense, blame the ref for costing us when we had several opportunities to defend it? Aye we didn't get the handball but we should still have been able to defend that. Happens in every game to every team.

Sometimes they go for you and sometimes against, the players do their job and defend it and no one even talks about the handball.

Yes i agree the decision was wrong but that isn't an excuse for losing the goal.

Pretty Boy
22-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Terrible ref. He got decisions wrong both ways and is so, so inconsistent in everything he does.

How both he and the linesman missed the handball before the 3rd is beyond me.

Colr
22-04-2017, 01:38 PM

This is right. Refereedsmake mistakes. Some of our players made mistakes as well today. And some of Aberdeens. I bet some of us did as well.

easty
22-04-2017, 01:39 PM
That is nonsense, blame the ref for costing us when we had several opportunities to defend it? Aye we didn't get the handball but we should still have been able to defend that. Happens in every game to every team.

Sometimes they go for you and sometimes against, the players do their job and defend it and no one even talks about the handball.

Yes i agree the decision was wrong but that isn't an excuse for losing the goal.

It's no nonsense, was it a handball? Aye. Did we get a free kick? Naw.

Nobody is using it as an excuse for losing a goal. There's nae excuse. But it shouldn't have happened cos it was a clear handball. That's no an excuse, that's a fact.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Can't remember him making an error in favour of hibs

He let them away with every foul and push in the back

judas
22-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Disagree. He ignored 3 blatant fouls on Aberdeen players in the last 6 minutes, when hibs were pressuring.

Sorry,but we lost fair and square and it's absurd to suggest in this instance that it was in any way the refs doing.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 01:41 PM

you want me to argue my point?

this is a thread about the abysymal refereeing you donkeys. There are plenty of other threads where we can talk about the crap Hibs defending. This is a thread about THE REFEREE!

Was it an obvious handball? of course it ***n was. You are actually defending that ****. and sticking boot into our players. I stick up for refs constantly when they get unfairly picked on here.

Sprouleflyer
22-04-2017, 01:43 PM
It was the linesman that cost us, hand ball 5 yards away and he didn't flag??????

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 01:43 PM
what are you talking about? paranoia? he is a ***n awful ref that is the point? Are you saying that wasnt a handball??

It's pretty clear what I'm talking about. There have been multiple threads over the past years claiming that there's a conspiracy against us. There's not. As you said, the refs are just ***** in Scotland. You need to settle down.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 01:44 PM

John Swinney is one of the finest political minds we have in Scotland. I'll take that.

You sound like Ruth Davidson....defending the indefensible:aok:

ancient hibee
22-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Not really unlucky,we gave away two goals.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 01:45 PM
It's pretty clear what I'm talking about. There have been multiple threads over the past years claiming that there's a conspiracy against us. There's not. As you said, the refs are just ***** in Scotland. You need to settle down.

This is a thread highlighting the ref was brutal today. Nothing to do with previous games:confused:

Bizaare contribution from you.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 01:46 PM
you want me to argue my point?

this is a thread about the abysymal refereeing you donkeys. There are plenty of other threads where we can talk about the crap Hibs defending. This is a thread about THE REFEREE!

Was it an obvious handball? of course it ***n was. You are actually defending that ****. and sticking boot into our players. I stick up for refs constantly when they get unfairly picked on here.

The insinuation from the OP is that Aberdeen won the game because of Beaton, hence the toast part of it. Myself and others are simply pointing out that although he was ***** he didn't cost us the game.

As Judas pointed out there were a few Hibs challenges near the end that were a little "robust", had Hibs equalised from one of them what do you think the Aberdeen fans would be saying?

I've already said he is a ***** ref who made some ***** decisions, but had Hibs done their job then it wouldn't be a major issue.

southsider
22-04-2017, 01:47 PM

He was an utter disgrace. Gave them every 50-50 decision. Gutted but proud of our team. I love this Hibs team.

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 01:47 PM
This is a thread highlighting the ref was brutal today. Nothing to do with previous games:confused:

Bizaare contribution from you.

Hardly a bizarre contribution considering the inference from the OP could be that he was somehow on Aberdeen's 'side'. It's a bizarre attitude that you have adopted in this thread.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 01:51 PM
The insinuation from the OP is that Aberdeen won the game because of Beaton, hence the toast part of it. Myself and others are simply pointing out that although he was ***** he didn't cost us the game.

As Judas pointed out there were a few Hibs challenges near the end that were a little "robust", had Hibs equalised from one of them what do you think the Aberdeen fans would be saying?

I've already said he is a ***** ref who made some ***** decisions, but had Hibs done their job then it wouldn't be a major issue.

The insinuation from the OP is that Beaton done Aberdeen a favour. He did, quite clearly before the third goal.

Hibs defending is irrelevant to that point. I genuinely wonder about the intelligence of some people.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Hardly a bizarre contribution considering the inference from the OP could be that he was somehow on Aberdeen's 'side'. It's a bizarre attitude that you have adopted in this thread.

Defending a brutal ref after a brutal decision - weird.

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Defending a brutal ref after a brutal decision - weird.
If you think that's what's happening here then you're not very bright.

One Day Soon
22-04-2017, 01:55 PM
John Swinney is one of the finest political minds we have in Scotland. I'll take that.

You sound like Ruth Davidson....defending the indefensible:aok:

He's also a Yam...

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 01:56 PM
The insinuation from the OP is that Beaton done Aberdeen a favour. He did, quite clearly before the third goal.

Hibs defending is irrelevant to that point. I genuinely wonder about the intelligence of some people.

But surely he did us a favour ignoring those challenges near the end? Just because we didn't capitalise on them does that make it any less a favour?

First a donkey and now questioning my level of intelligence. Nice one.

RoscoHibby
22-04-2017, 01:59 PM
It was a stick on handball. So blatant it's ridiculous. Beaton can GTF, but the lino, right next to it, that was an unbelievable decision. It was so obvious it was beyond jst a poor call

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 01:59 PM
But surely he did us a favour ignoring those challenges near the end? Just because we didn't capitalise on them does that make it any less a favour?

Challenges like those are debatable. The hand ball was blatant. Should be no debate. You defending that and hammering our players on a thread about the ref? Nice one.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Challenges like those are debatable. The hand ball was blatant. Should be no debate. You defending that and hammering our players on a thread about the ref? Nice one.

You better have a word with Lennon as well as he hasn't mentioned the ref just the teams level of performance. If we are honest if he thought we had been wronged then he would be the first to say! https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/855777552345907200?s=09

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2017, 02:01 PM

What challenges were these that you talk about?

Beaton gave us **** all throughout. The handball I don't actually blame him for, the linesman should have seen it from his position about 5 yards away. Beaton blowing for half time with Boyle on the break was a shocker as well

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2017, 02:02 PM
You better have a word with Lennon as well as he hasn't mentioned the ref just the teams level of performance. If we are honest if he thought we had been wronged then he would be the first to say! https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/855777552345907200?s=09

Was he on at half time just asking Beaton what he was having for dinner?

snooky
22-04-2017, 02:02 PM
I don't like Beaton but I thought he was okay today. :tin hat:
We were unlucky - wasn't meant to be.
At least we came out of the game with some pride after a shocking start.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:05 PM
What challenges were these that you talk about?

Beaton gave us **** all throughout. The handball I don't actually blame him for, the linesman should have seen it from his position about 5 yards away. Beaton blowing for half time with Boyle on the break was a shocker as well

I agree about the half time one I expected him to play on from there.

There were a couple of pretty solid tackles from our guys that I could have seen being given.

Like I have already said numerous times I think he is a poor ref but i think he is just bad as opposed to being against us.

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2017, 02:06 PM
I agree about the half time one I expected him to play on from there.

There were a couple of pretty solid tackles from our guys that I could have seen being given.

Like I have already said numerous times I think he is a poor ref but i think he is just bad as opposed to being against us.

I think he's a cheating Hun ****. Just my opinion likes eh

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 02:06 PM
If you think that's what's happening here then you're not very bright.

You think you arent defending him:faf:

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 02:08 PM
You think you arent defending him:faf:
Yeah, I do think that. I also think you need to stop being so hostile.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I do think that. I also think you need to stop being so hostile.

Says the guy that said im not very bright. I give up. :faf:

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:10 PM
I think he's a cheating Hun ****. Just my opinion likes eh

Fair enough lol

SeanWilson
22-04-2017, 02:18 PM

Bollocks - hand ball 15 seconds prior to third goal. Linesman and ref should hang their head.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-04-2017, 02:18 PM

Because managers are practically forbidden from criticising the refs

Plus Lennon has a sfa hearing soon. Even though the incidents aren't connected, he wouldn't be doing himself or the club any favours

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Because managers are practically forbidden from criticising the refs

Plus Lennon has a sfa hearing soon. Even though the incidents aren't connected, he wouldn't be doing himself or the club any favours

Aye because that has stopped Lennon in the past. If he thought the blame lay with the ref he would say so.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:21 PM
Bollocks - hand ball 15 seconds prior to third goal. Linesman and ref should hang their head.

They missed a handball but why didn't we defend it? We had numerous opportunities.

The ref was ***** but we lost the match through our mistakes and a large slice of poor luck.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Aye because that has stopped Lennon in the past. If he thought the blame lay with the ref he would say so.

No one is laying blame. Saying he blatantly gave Aberdeen any advantage he could is the point

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 02:25 PM
In response to your hostility, aye. And because you are obviously a simpleton who can't see the context of my comments. It's fine, continue blaming the ref for our loss if it makes you feel better. 3 errors, 3 goals, but **** you Beaton for being a human who makes a couple of mistakes (for both teams).

haha more jibes while you stick up for Beaton.

Where is anyone sticking up for Hibs defending?

FFS this is a thread about Beatons mistake. If you were an intelligent Hibs fan who had been observing properly over the last couple of years you would also know that Beaton has been one of the most incompetent refs out there and its not a one off.

I'm not wasting my time any more with you. I look forward of course to some insulting inane reply, but i wont be responding.

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 02:28 PM

FFS this is a thread about Beatons mistake. If you were an intelligent Hibs fan who had been observing properly over the last couple of years you would also know that Beaton has been one of the most incompetent refs out there and its not a one off.

I'm not wasting my time any more with you. I look forward of course to some insulting inane reply, but i wont be responding.

No bother, I'll leave this conversation to the "intelligent Hibs fans" then. :doh:

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:29 PM
No one is laying blame. Saying he blatantly gave Aberdeen any advantage he could is the point

If you read over the read some are, there were a few that went for us as well. 2 McGregor challenges that could have gone the other way for example.

I'm not doubting he is a ***** ref but I don't think he has it in for us. The standard of Scottish referees is terrible and we have seen it all season.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:29 PM
No bother, I'll leave this conversation to the "intelligent Hibs fans" then. :doh:

Must be why he cut me out a while back!

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Must be why he cut me out a while back!
The intelligent fans are the ones who agree with him. Must be nice in that echo chamber.

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Disagree. He ignored 3 blatant fouls on Aberdeen players in the last 6 minutes, when hibs were pressuring.

Sorry,but we lost fair and square and it's absurd to suggest in this instance that it was in any way the refs doing.

Same as always, job done, now try to look fair. Seen it over and over again.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 02:41 PM
Same as always, job done, now try to look fair. Seen it over and over again.

A hun through and through, horrible ref

SeanWilson
22-04-2017, 02:43 PM
They missed a handball but why didn't we defend it? We had numerous opportunities.

The ref was ***** but we lost the match through our mistakes and a large slice of poor luck.

We shouldn't have been defending a hand ball. Case and point.

southern hibby
22-04-2017, 02:44 PM

100% this, was going to say the same but beat me to it.

GGTTH

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:44 PM
We shouldn't have been defending a hand ball. Case and point.

Since90+2
22-04-2017, 02:47 PM

It's not nonsense at all. Its a blatant hand ball that if the correct decision is given we don't concede the goal that knocks us out the cup.

Dashing Bob S
22-04-2017, 02:49 PM
Ole its the Hibees cup again
until Beaton trifles Beaton trifles

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 02:55 PM
We lost 2 goals due to our own players making far worse mistakes than the ref. Aye he waa pish but the reason we lost today was the fault of our own players.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:58 PM
It's not nonsense at all. Its a blatant hand ball that if the correct decision is given we don't concede the goal that knocks us out the cup.

Of course it is, there are decisions in games all the time that are debatable or not given.

This thread is slating Beaton for not doing his job and not giving the handball which he missed. All I am saying is that the goal was not a direct result of that decision, it wasn't his fault we lost the goal or that we lost today. Our players did not do their jobs. Watch that, https://streamable.com/jfol4 a pass from their half, no pressure when received, McGinn could have been slightly deeper to cut off the space for the run and then it gets a deflection. Had he given a penalty which wasn't, that has a direct result of a goal but Aberdeen had the ball in their own half at the start of that clip. We should have been able to defend it.

I've said several times that i don't rate him as a ref, I think he is poor, I think he missed lots of decisions for both teams and got some wrong. To say he was a 12th man today is in my opinion incorrect.

Clearly I'm not going to agree with the masses so I'll leave it there.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 02:59 PM
We lost 2 goals due to our own players making far worse mistakes than the ref. Aye he waa pish but the reason we lost today was the fault of our own players.

You better be careful you'll end up in the Beaton fan club too!

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Beaton knows what he's doing and did enough without having to make it too obvious.......

snooky
22-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Of course it is, there are decisions in games all the time that are debatable or not given.

This thread is slating Beaton for not doing his job and not giving the handball which he missed. All I am saying is that the goal was not a direct result of that decision, it wasn't his fault we lost the goal or that we lost today. Our players did not do their jobs. Watch that, https://streamable.com/jfol4 a pass from their half, no pressure when received, McGinn could have been slightly deeper to cut off the space for the run and then it gets a deflection. Had he given a penalty which wasn't, that has a direct result of a goal but Aberdeen had the ball in their own half at the start of that clip. We should have been able to defend it.

I've said several times that i don't rate him as a ref, I think he is poor, I think he missed lots of decisions for both teams and got some wrong. To say he was a 12th man today is in my opinion incorrect.

Well I agree with you, 100%.
Remember, brass band practice tomorrow night :wink:

neil7908
22-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Not really sure, Beaton wasn't that bad and don't think he had such impact on the game tbh.

Apart from stopping our attack just on half time nothing he did made any difference. Bad luck and a terrible start from us was our downfall today.

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 03:17 PM
Beaton knows what he's doing and did enough without having to make it too obvious.......

Thats as maybe our players made it very obvious with 2 very very bad goals. Thats the story of the match we lost to the luckier team.

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Mcginn, Mcgregor the 2 players in the wall and Marciano contributed far more to why we were 2 down than anyone else. Beaton IMO is easy out that I am not taking.

Mcginn and Darren and Marciano sorry guys you cocked it up I blame you 3. Although fixed NL got it wrong also from KO.

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 03:29 PM
If we started that match again and Jim Jeffries was the ref it was still 1-0 after 12 seconds, the freekick was a freekick.

If we could go back in time and change one thing would it be ref or start with Holt? We just need to face it 2/3 of our better players ****ed up today at the wrong time.

SeanWilson
22-04-2017, 03:36 PM

Nah. You're at it.

neil7908
22-04-2017, 03:37 PM
We've been on the end of some shocking refereeing decisions this season but I don't want us becoming the type of fans who blame referee's every time we lose a game of football.

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Thats as maybe our players made it very obvious with 2 very very bad goals. Thats the story of the match we lost to the luckier team.
I agree with you but doesn't change my opinion............

SeanWilson
22-04-2017, 03:40 PM
You better be careful you'll end up in the Beaton fan club too!

Seriously. In any game, you could say we shouldn't be letting the ref become a factor but I honestly felt that the officials were shockingly lopsided today. I'm cool with your hey ho attitude to losing, however I'm personally struggling with your lackadaisical attitude the officials had towards hibs and I honestly feel hard done by.

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 03:43 PM
I agree with you but doesn't change my opinion............

Ref was pish,for 30mins we were pisher.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Look at the first two goals that we gave away on a plate. If they were down to the referee then can I get that explained?

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 03:48 PM
If Beaton hadn't blown for ht when he did who's to say we couldn't have scored and gone in level. Just one of the more obvious decisions that influenced the game......

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 03:56 PM
If Beaton hadn't blown for ht when he did who's to say we couldn't have scored and gone in level. Just one of the more obvious decisions that influenced the game......

Might have scored might have missed, biggest influence was ourselves.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 03:59 PM
Seriously. In any game, you could say we shouldn't be letting the ref become a factor but I honestly felt that the officials were shockingly lopsided today. I'm cool with your hey ho attitude to losing, however I'm personally struggling with your lackadaisical attitude the officials had towards hibs and I honestly feel hard done by.

I'm certainly not hey ho to losing, but I think the players could have done more and Beaton would have been an irrelevance.

We should have played for 90 minutes and not 60 today and we would be in the final.

I just don't agree with the school of thought that the ref done us, there are things our team, our manager, our players could have done better that would have had a far bigger impact on this afternoon.

Losing is rubbish but I think it is very short sighted to blame crap referees when we are well aware the standard of referee, whether you think it may be corrupt or not, is in fact garbage. They can't be trusted to get it right which is why we need to look at what we can do to make the difference.

We ahd a chance today and our players didn't do their job 100%, like Beaton.

lucky
22-04-2017, 03:59 PM
His failure to book Aberdeen players for cynical fouls allowed them to continue to do so. The decision to blow up for half time at that was bizarre and something you never see. The hand ball in the run up to the third just summed up his afternoon. I don't think he's a cheat just a crap ref.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 04:00 PM
Well I agree with you, 100%.
Remember, brass band practice tomorrow night :wink:

:trumpet:

Gordy M
22-04-2017, 04:05 PM

The problem is with that then the ref is never the reason for costing a team a game or a goal? What about henrys handball against ROI a few years back? Argunent could be that the subsequent cross could have been cut out or the shot saved? Not the refs fault then.....???

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 04:06 PM
I'm certainly not hey ho to losing, but I think the players could have done more and Beaton would have been an irrelevance.

We should have played for 90 minutes and not 60 today and we would be in the final.

I just don't agree with the school of thought that the ref done us, there are things our team, our manager, our players could have done better that would have had a far bigger impact on this afternoon.

Losing is rubbish but I think it is very short sighted to blame crap referees when we are well aware the standard of referee, whether you think it may be corrupt or not, is in fact garbage. They can't be trusted to get it right which is why we need to look at what we can do to make the difference.

We ahd a chance today and our players didn't do their job 100%, like Beaton.
With all due respect and I agree if we play well enough then the referee cannot affect the outcome however no-one is blaming the referee for losing. Just saying he can and does have a big influence and there was undeniably a big influence today in some of the decisions that certainly didn't help our cause........

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 04:10 PM
The problem is with that then the ref is never the reason for costing a team a game or a goal? What about henrys handball against ROI a few years back? Argunent could be that the subsequent cross could have been cut out or the shot saved? Not the refs fault then.....???

No its Henrys fault ref cannot give it if not seen properly regardless how obvious it may look, the ref giving a penalty when not is refs fault and refs have made lots of decisions that have lost teams matches. Today and Henry though are not one of them.

JK Rolling
22-04-2017, 04:24 PM

Take a bow my friend, you're bang on the cash.

CockneyRebel
22-04-2017, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=Victor Park;5019320]John Swinney is one of the finest political minds we have in Scotland. I'll take that.

I was right with you until your breakdown.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2017, 04:43 PM

I agree with you, the constant threads on here panicking when a certain ref is appointed and the blaming the ref for every defeat is tiresome. The standards of ref is not great we know that, he didn't cost us the game and the moaning is absolutely monotonous.

RamYer1902
22-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Beaton had a shocking game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastcoasthibby
22-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Beaton had a shocking game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He went through a couple of phases of giving us nothing ..and them decisions that were soft as he'll ...but first two goals were terrible first in particular gave us a mountain to climb ..regardless of getting them back it was woeful .. ...

Fergus52
22-04-2017, 05:05 PM
To those saying that Beaton was in no way biased, he is a massive hun. His family are all Rangers fans and there's been countless instances this season where there has been outrage at decisions he has give to Rangers. He's even been called out for it in a couple of the rag redtop newspapers that are usually very pro rangers.

He was going to do all he could to stop us reaching the final after last year.

Yeah, he didn't make any game changing decisions but he did enough to heavily disrupt our play. Some of the bookings we received were laughable and every time an Aberdeen player fell over he gave the free kick.

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=Fergus52;5019783]To those saying that Beaton was in no way biased, he is a massive hun. His family are all Rangers fans and there's been countless instances this season where there has been outrage at decisions he has give to Rangers. He's even been called out for it in a couple of the rag redtop newspapers that are usually very pro rangers.

He was going to do all he could to stop us reaching the final after last year.

Yeah, he didn't make any game changing decisions but he did enough to heavily disrupt our play. Some of the bookings we received were laughable and every time an Aberdeen player fell over he gave the free kick.[/QUO
refereeing decisions hugely influence games.

If Beaton had refereed last years final god forbid he could have easily made several different decisions that could have led to a different outcome. Not allowing advantage at Stokes first goal for example
If McLean or an impartial referee had refereed today the outcome in my mind could have been different.
Not saying that's the reason we lost - we can only blame ourselves and bad luck.

Mikey09
22-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Just back from the game. My take is we gave them a 2 goal start, made mistakes, looked really nervy. However we changed the formation with Holt coming on and got right back in it. We didn't play great and made a lot of mistakes. However, anyone defending Beaton is clearly at it. He gave us nothing. Every time Rooney, Hayes etc hit the turf, which was an obvious game plan, he gave them the free kick. I would say more than half of these were dives. He booked Fyvie for a trip on McLean, yet failed to book McLean for the exact same foul?! He blew up for half time when Boyle was breaking through which I never see happen. However the one that frustrated the life out of me was how Consadine got away with constantly holding Holt at every contested ball. Brutal officiating.

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Just back from the game. My take is we gave them a 2 goal start, made mistakes, looked really nervy. However we changed the formation with Holt coming on and got right back in it. We didn't play great and made a lot of mistakes. However, anyone defending Beaton is clearly at it. He gave us nothing. Every time Rooney, Hayes etc hit the turf, which was an obvious game plan, he gave them the free kick. I would say more than half of these were dives. He booked Fyvie for a trip on McLean, yet failed to book McLean for the exact same foul?! He blew up for half time when Boyle was breaking through which I never see happen. However the one that frustrated the life out of me was how Consadine got away with constantly holding Holt at every contested ball. Brutal officiating.

:top marks

emerald green
22-04-2017, 05:52 PM

You are wasting your time trying to get through to some posters on this forum Victor.

Beaton is just the latest in a long line of "officials" (don't forget their assistants here) who simply aren't up to the job for one reason or another. If anyone really believes that referees are completely unbiased, all the time, then they really are naive. The list of frankly unbelievable decisions given against Hibs over recent seasons is too numerous to mention. I can't be arsed setting them all out, but I bet we could have a thread pages long. How to explain that?

I'm sick and tired of reading and hearing apologists for officials who constantly make "mistakes". They are paid to get decisions right, and it's just not happening. Way past time for video technology to be introduced for the big game changing decisions. What are they scared of?

One of the worst I've ever seen was last Sunday - Schalke's blatant dive. None of the FOUR of them seen it. Yet folk say Scottish football isn't corrupt. Come on.

As far as today was concerned, the game developed over it's usual pattern. Foul after foul on Hibs players goes unpunished, but Fraser Fyvie is first into the book (IIRC).

It's not that Beaton cost Hibs the game today. Terrible defending and a large slice of bad luck was the main reason for that. But that's not the point. If a referee is not applying the rules fairly, and consistently, he is going to be left open to accusations of bias and worse, and it's all these seemingly small decisions throughout the 90 minutes that can make all the difference between winning and losing a football match.

Is it really paranoia to think that a referee might just have some unconscious (or conscious even) bias in favour of one team or another? We keep hearing that they're only human.

SRHibs
22-04-2017, 05:57 PM
You are wasting your time trying to get through to of some posters on this forum Victor.

Beaton is just the latest in a long line of "officials" (don't forget their assistants here) who simply aren't up to the job for one reason or another. If anyone really believes that referees are completely unbiased, all the time, then they really are naive. The list of frankly unbelievable decisions given against Hibs over recent seasons is too numerous to mention. I can't be arsed setting them all out, but I bet we could have a thread pages long. How to explain that?

I'm sick and tired of reading and hearing apologists for officials who constantly make "mistakes". They are paid to get decisions right, and it's just not happening. Way past time for video technology to be introduced for the big game changing decisions. What are they scared of?

One of the worst I've ever seen was last Sunday - Schalke's blatant dive. None of the FOUR of them seen it. Yet folk say Scottish football isn't corrupt. Come on.

As far as today was concerned, the game developed over it's usual pattern. Foul after foul on Hibs players goes unpunished, but Fraser Fyvie is first into the book (IIRC).

It's not that Beaton cost Hibs the game today. Terrible defending and a large slice of bad luck was the main reason for that. But that's not the point. If a referee is not applying the rules fairly, and consistently, he is going to be left open to accusations of bias and worse, and it's all these seemingly small decisions throughout the 90 minutes that can make all the difference between winning and losing a football match.

Is it really paranoia to think that a referee might just have some unconscious (or conscious even) bias in favour of one team or another? We keep hearing that they're only human.

I don't need anyone to get through to me. I have a difference of opinion.

The thing is, every time I see one of these threads pop up, I'll go and look at the opposition team's forum to see their views. Almost always exists the same pishy threads about the referee being against them. It's all to do with fan bias/confirmation bias and nothing to do with the referees being biased. ***** decisions exist, but I don't believe for a second a referee would risk his job to stop us getting to a final which we are likely to get humped in regardless (if it's Celtic).

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 05:57 PM
You are wasting your time trying to get through to of some posters on this forum Victor.

I'm one of those he is wasting his time with. It is a classic case of confirmation bias, all the refs are against us, they get a decision wrong, there is the proof!

They are incompetent and we need to move to professional refs and introduce video technology. It can't be far away as I see the Dutch are bringing it in.

emerald green
22-04-2017, 06:13 PM

The thing is, every time I see one of these threads pop up, I'll go and look at the opposition team's forum to see their views. Almost always exists the same pishy threads about the referee being against them. It's all to do with fan bias/confirmation bias and nothing to do with the referee's being biased. ***** decisions exist, but I don't believe for a second a referee would risk his job to stop us getting to a final which we are likely to get humped in regardless (if it's Celtic).

How do you know it's nothing to do with referees being biased? Do you know Beaton, Muir, Thomson, Collum, Robertson etc? I don't, but I don't accept that they should get away with ***** decisions without some sort of explanation and/or censure if appropriate.

What referee is risking his job? When was the last time a Scottish referee lost his job? They don't even have to explain themselves. I think to be fair to everyone, including referees, they should be allowed to explain any controversial decisions 24 hours after the match after they've had a chance to review film footage.

I'm one of those he is wasting his time with. It is a classic case of confirmation bias, all the refs are against us, they get a decision wrong, there is the proof!

They are incompetent and we need to move to professional refs and introduce video technology. It can't be far away as I see the Dutch are bringing it in.

See my comments above. IMHO it's more than JUST incompetence on some occasions. I agree the bit in bold.

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 06:17 PM
I watch referees in other football leagues that are very good or as bad as ours but the one thing that is absolutely missing from their excellent or terrible decision making is favoritism. If decisions are merely poor then they should be random against one team or the other and they just aren't when it comes to certain culprits officiating our games and we see that time and time again.

We lost this game due to two mistakes primarily that gave them a two goal lead but the harsh line taken on our players by Beaton worked to increase the tall order we faced. He let them get away with loads of tackles then books Fyvie. He lets them stop play repeatedly with annoying professional fouls. It gave them license to oppress our play from a 2 goal lead and yet we still earn our way back with a Holt goal and a second from McGeouch in the second half. He still gives much more in their favor after that until they score the deflected goal. Then he gives a few decisions in our favor once they are in front to tidy up appearances before the whistle. Job done, nothing to see here, move along.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." - Joseph Heller

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 06:17 PM

The thing is, every time I see one of these threads pop up, I'll go and look at the opposition team's forum to see their views. Almost always exists the same pishy threads about the referee being against them. It's all to do with fan bias/confirmation bias and nothing to do with the referee's being biased. ***** decisions exist, but I don't believe for a second a referee would risk his job to stop us getting to a final which we are likely to get humped in regardless (if it's Celtic).
a very honorable stance...................only wish it were remotely the case

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 06:34 PM

I have season tickets for quite a few other teams that I obviously want to win, but I can't remember thinking that referees were biased. Plenty of times I see bad calls but they seem to be randomly distributed and even out over the season. Most games Hibs play I feel similar but there are a few referees that seem to be unbalanced in their decision making and regardless of your feelings about that I am calling them biased. With good reason too.

If there's anything "pishy" it's biased referees and a system that tolerates them.

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 06:38 PM
I have season tickets for quite a few other teams that I obviously want to win, but I can't remember thinking that referees were biased. Plenty of times I see bad calls but they seem to be randomly distributed and even out over the season. Most games Hibs play I feel similar but there are a few referees that seem to be unbalanced in their decision making and regardless of your feelings about that I am calling them biased. With good reason too.

If there's anything "pishy" it's biased referees and a system that tolerates them.
and its not just based on one game but several previous games and then in other games where there is perceived favoritism (rangers v hamilton)

Eyrie
22-04-2017, 06:45 PM
I'm going to upset the tin foil hat brigade, but I didn't think that Beaton was that bad today.

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm going to upset the tin foil hat brigade, but I didn't think that Beaton was that bad today.
he didn't need to make any big controversial decisions as the smaller subtle ones were enough on the day. guess you must have missed them

he sure as hell wasn't taking any chances with boyle though at the ht whistle.......

Eyrie
22-04-2017, 06:53 PM
he didn't need to make any big controversial decisions as the smaller subtle ones were enough on the day. guess you must have missed them

he sure as hell wasn't taking any chances with boyle though at the ht whistle.......

I always try to reverse a decision and think what I would want if it was the other way round. So if their player had made a similar foul to Fyvie, I'd want a yellow. If their player had raised his foot like Holt I'd have expected play to continue.

What about the foul he gave us when McGregor went over the top of one of their players, then the foul he gave us when one of their players went over Holt in a similar manner?

I agree about the Boyle one though - letting the game go for another five seconds there would have been correct.

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 06:59 PM

Does he even exist though, or how can you know for sure? :faf:

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 07:06 PM

Ffs ive never once said all refs are against us........ive pointed out that Beaton is a shan ref and his decision today cost us. Most refs are pretty good but Beaton is shocking, has been consinstently, and this thread is about him missing a blatant handball, and no matter how bany times you say it didnt, it cost us MASSIVELY today. That woeful decision had a major impact on the outcome of the game. If you cant admit that then there is no hope for you.

Our defending was terrible, but irrelevant for a thread about the ref. Ffs just admit he was crap.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Ffs ive never once said all refs are against us........ive pointed out that Beaton is a shan ref and his decision today cost us. Most refs are pretty good but Beaton is shocking, has been consinstently, and this thread is about him missing a blatant handball, and no matter how bany times you say it didnt, it cost us MASSIVELY today. That woeful decision had a major impact on the outcome of the game. If you cant admit that then there is no hope for you.

Our defending was terrible, but irrelevant for a thread about the ref. Ffs just admit he was crap.

That wasn't in response to you but here we go again.

I've clearly posted several times on this thread I think he is poor. I thought he made lots of bad calls both ways today, I think Scottish referees as a whole are poor, I think we should introduce video technology and professional referees. How is that me not admitting we have bad refs and that he missed something he shouldn't have?

I agree he is bad, I don't agree his decision today cost us. If our team had performed and defended the situation as they should have then his decision is irrelevant. Aye it should have been given but the resulting situation was so far from a goalscoring opportunity it isn't even in the build up to third goal in the highlights.

It isn't a case of me admitting anything, I just don't agree with you. What part of this do you not understand?

In my opinion, Beatons decision did not lead to the goal our inability to defend the resulting situation did.

JimBHibees
22-04-2017, 07:15 PM
His failure to book Aberdeen players for cynical fouls allowed them to continue to do so. The decision to blow up for half time at that was bizarre and something you never see. The hand ball in the run up to the third just summed up his afternoon. I don't think he's a cheat just a crap ref.

Agree Holt obviously fouled all second half then Holt gets booked for a nothing foul.

Would give Beaton benefit of the doubt if a one off but he has done us over numerous times imo. His performance at home to Falkirk and Dunfermline imo were bent.

snooky
22-04-2017, 07:21 PM
After almost every game at ER this year I've accused the ref of cheating and being biased against us. Have to be honest and say I didn't feel that way today despite loads of other folk saying otherwise.

LaMotta
22-04-2017, 07:28 PM
That wasn't in response to you but here we go again.

I've clearly posted several times on this thread I think he is poor. I thought he made lots of bad calls both ways today, I think Scottish referees as a whole are poor, I think we should introduce video technology and professional referees. How is that me not admitting we have bad refs and that he missed something he shouldn't have?

I agree he is bad, I don't agree his decision today cost us. If our team had performed and defended the situation as they should have then his decision is irrelevant. Aye it should have been given but the resulting situation was so far from a goalscoring opportunity it isn't even in the build up to third goal in the highlights.

It isn't a case of me admitting anything, I just don't agree with you. What part of this do you not understand?

In my opinion, Beatons decision did not lead to the goal our inability to defend the resulting situation did.

You are wrong because if we had a free kick they dont score their 3rd.

Night Night.

FitbaFolkKen
22-04-2017, 07:33 PM

Night Night.

And how do you know what would have happened from the resulting free kick?

Sweet dreams

Jonnyboy
22-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Agree Holt obviously fouled all second half then Holt gets booked for a nothing foul.

Would give Beaton benefit of the doubt if a one off but he has done us over numerous times imo. His performance at home to Falkirk and Dunfermline imo were bent.

High foot. Didn't book the Dons player who caught Marv in the face with his boot though.

Eyrie
22-04-2017, 07:42 PM

Night Night.

How far back do you want to go?

Shouldn't we blame the last Hibs player to touch the ball before the hand ball for losing possession?

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 08:03 PM
How far back do you want to go?

Shouldn't we blame the last Hibs player to touch the ball before the hand ball for losing possession?

Further back than Heidegger. :wink:

JimBHibees
22-04-2017, 08:05 PM
High foot. Didn't book the Dons player who caught Marv in the face with his boot though.

Didn't give the foul either.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Didn't give the foul either.

:agree:

Killiehibbie
22-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Blew for half time with us bearing down on goal but the worst was linesman ignoring blatant handball a few yards in front of him. Cheating *******s

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Blew for half time with us bearing down on goal but the worst was linesman ignoring blatant handball a few yards in front of him. Cheating *******si watched the game again on sky when I got back in. There was a minute injury time in the 1st half and Beaton blew when the minute was up. It was just unfortunate we were breaking at the time. The handball is unforgivable though. It was obvious that the Dons player deliberately controlled the ball with his hand and the linesman choose to look the other way!

SuperAllyMcleod
22-04-2017, 09:55 PM
i watched the game again on sky when I got back in. There was a minute injury time in the 1st half and Beaton blew when the minute was up. It was just unfortunate we were breaking at the time. The handball is unforgivable though. It was obvious that the Dons player deliberately controlled the ball with his hand and the linesman choose to look the other way!

One minute was a joke in itself - there were 3 goal celebrations, an injury to Ambrose and a substitution in the first half - that should have given a minimum of 3 minutes, if not more.

renato
22-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Beaton was poor today, extremely inconsistent. Not for the first time either.

Re the handball, just how on earth did the linesman miss it? He's just out of shot here to the left, looking directly at McLean as it happened.

Absolute shocker and they score that horrible deflected goal within the next 15 seconds or so.

Dashing Bob S
22-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Sorry - watch the game again. Not even a card-carrying Nazi, white supremacist, Orange hun who had been kidnapped as a child by renegade paedophille priests, who then tortured him in the dungeon of a Belgian farmhouse while blasting out Irish rebel songs in a loop on a souped-up sound system could argue that Beaton was even-handed in his decision making today.

Captain Trips
22-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Beaton is pish along with loads of refs and? If Colina was ref today we would still be 2-0.

DM, SJM, Marciano and our defensive wall were even more pish today and thats what concerns me not yet another pish ref.

Is it easier to get stuck into the ref rather than say Darren Mcgregor and John Mcginn ****ed up big style today?

We were pish today when in mattered got our act together and ended up being unlucky, the handball is on the linseman.

The Green Goblin
22-04-2017, 11:47 PM
i watched the game again on sky when I got back in. There was a minute injury time in the 1st half and Beaton blew when the minute was up. It was just unfortunate we were breaking at the time. The handball is unforgivable though. It was obvious that the Dons player deliberately controlled the ball with his hand and the linesman choose to look the other way!

Injury time is not fixed or literal. The announcer even says it: "...a minimum of x minutes..." To blow mid a dangerous looking Hibs attack was, in the words of Hibs commentator Cliff Pike today, a "scandalous decision".

houstonhibbee
22-04-2017, 11:59 PM
Injury time is not fixed or literal. The announcer even says it: "...a minimum of x minutes..." To blow mid a dangerous looking Hibs attack was, in the words of Hibs commentator Cliff Pike today, a "scandalous decision".
what did the sky and bbc "experts" make of that call?

SouthMoroccoStu
23-04-2017, 05:35 AM
There was a thread on hibs.net when the semi final refs were announced

I didn't see anyone that was pleased we got Beaton

He lived up to expectations

at last 61
23-04-2017, 09:18 AM
Another reason to bring in tv evidence then there would be virtually no mistakes and we would not be blaming the ref full stop

CropleyWasGod
23-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Another reason to bring in tv evidence then there would be virtually no mistakes and we would not be blaming the ref full stop
Not sure that TV evidence would have prevented the handball non-call.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Eyrie
23-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Not sure that TV evidence would have prevented the handball non-call.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

It would have done so, but only if the game is stopped so that every potential incident is reviewed. I can imagine that being a popular rule. We'd either get 10 minutes actual play in the 90, or games would last for six hours and in both cases we'd still complain that the TV evidence against us was inconclusive or the officials ignored the TV evidence against the other team.

SRHibs
23-04-2017, 11:37 AM
It would have done so, but only if the game is stopped so that every potential incident is reviewed. I can imagine that being a popular rule. We'd either get 10 minutes actual play in the 90, or games would last for six hours and in both cases we'd still complain that the TV evidence against us was inconclusive or the officials ignored the TV evidence against the other team.

I guess the sensible thing would be to revert the game back to the state it was in prior to the foul/handball. Would be controversial chopping off the goal though.

CropleyWasGod
23-04-2017, 11:48 AM

Yep.

And who makes the call for the review in the first place? The 4th official (who's human, and might not spot it either)? The respective coaches?

snooky
23-04-2017, 11:57 AM
Yep.

And who makes the call for the review in the first place? The 4th official (who's human, and might not spot it either)? The respective coaches?
We don't need any reviews. I think most fans will accept that refs do get it wrong sometimes. What we really need is honest and unbiased officials. That would go a long, long way in improving the game.

My_Wife_Camille
23-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Dont know if it's been mentioned but Beatons performance was summed up by two 'high feet' incidents in the first half.

The ball bounces up and Cummings goes for it with his boot and the Aberdeen player lowers his head to 'boot height' and it's a free kick to Aberdeen

The exact same thing happens 10 minutes later but the other way around and guess what... it's play on

The guy was at it. No doubt about it.

Some of the decisions we've had to put up with over the last 5 years or so is appalling. Looking forward to these being evened out...

Eyrie
23-04-2017, 12:24 PM
Yep.

Judging by this thread, the only people that can be trusted with the decision to refer an incident to the TV replays are the fans in the stands.

Eyrie
23-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Dont know if it's been mentioned but Beatons performance was summed up by two 'high feet' incidents in the first half.

The ball bounces up and Cummings goes for it with his boot and the Aberdeen player lowers his head to 'boot height' and it's a free kick to Aberdeen

The exact same thing happens 10 minutes later but the other way around and guess what... it's play on

The guy was at it. No doubt about it.

Some of the decisions we've had to put up with over the last 5 years or so is appalling. Looking forward to these being evened out...
You mean like this?

What about the foul he gave us when McGregor went over the top of one of their players, then the foul he gave us when one of their players went over Holt in a similar manner?
And both those decisions were when we were in the ascendancy, so neither fits the narrative of Beaton looking to screw us.

He's still incompetent though.