PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports Hibernian footage

DavieRoy
21-04-2017, 11:09 PM
Just watched the Hibernian v Aberdeen Scottish Cup archive on Sky Sports On Demand.

Forgot how good Shaun Dennis penalty was in the 1997 shootout up at Pittodrie. I remember being at the game and not getting back until about 3am in the morning and had school later!

Michael Stewart's goal was a cracker. Andy Dow's goal against us on his right foot, gutted even now watching that.

Plenty of Hibernian on that On Demand. Interviews with Lennon, Dempster and Bartley. Interviews and Sunshine on Leith from Saturday, the Aberdeen archive and old games against Hearts and Ayr United. They also have highlights of last season's semi-final and final.

It is a nightmare to find on your Sky box, you press TV guide, Catch Up TV, Sky Sports, Football, Scottish then the stuff is either on Latest or Gold.

BBC had a good Shinnie's piece except for Chris McLaughlin's errors.

Sky have got a 45 minute build-up on Saturday, BBC 15 minutes. BBC off air at 2.20pm to go to the Snooker, Sky on until 3pm.

fat freddy
21-04-2017, 11:44 PM
i couldnt make the game that night as i was working on little cumbrae island a short ferry ride from Largs, me and my workmate spent our dig money in a pub watching on tv, not sure if it was live or just highlights, got steaming, jumped about the pub like daft laddies, spent every penny we had and fell into our van for a kip, my mate, who was banned from driving decided to warm us up by driving the van round the island, got pulled by the cops who took us to a quiet spot and told us to keep the van running overnight or we'd freeze, said they'd keep an eye on us to make sure we were alright, the angels were watching over the hibees that night.

DavieRoy
22-04-2017, 06:32 AM
i couldnt make the game that night as i was working on little cumbrae island a short ferry ride from Largs, me and my workmate spent our dig money in a pub watching on tv, not sure if it was live or just highlights, got steaming, jumped about the pub like daft laddies, spent every penny we had and fell into our van for a kip, my mate, who was banned from driving decided to warm us up by driving the van round the island, got pulled by the cops who took us to a quiet spot and told us to keep the van running overnight or we'd freeze, said they'd keep an eye on us to make sure we were alright, the angels were watching over the hibees that night.

It is funny how you remember such things. It would have been highlights on BBC as they used to do for replays back then. Nothing this year for the Edinburgh Derby replay.

Kevin Harper's penalty was a bit lucky but it went in.