PDA

View Full Version : Tickets They can only sit on one seat at a time so do season ticket holders really need two?

peterharrogate
21-04-2017, 06:21 PM
:wink: tin hat on because I know it is a controversial subject that has been done to death many times but............

I'm really looking forward to another trip to Hampden tomorrow and despite a 6.15 am start and a 450 mile round trip there is nothing that I would prefer to be doing.

Whilst it will be a much more enjoyable trip home if we have booked a place in the final, this year it will be slightly tinged by the knowledge that it is highly unlikely that we will be able to get tickets for the final.

The much maligned loyalty scheme meant that those of us who can only get to a few games each year were still able to qualify for tickets for the final.

If we are back at Hampden next month then approximately half of our tickets will be used by season tickets holders and the other half by those same season ticket holders' wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, aunties, neighbours, workmates, passing acquantances etc etc. Some of these will be keen Hibs fans who get along to games when they can, others will never have been before or will have no real interest in football but quite like the idea of a day out.

Whilst you may feel that with a season ticket you have bought the right to say who can sit beside you, it means that this year the Hibs diaspora is less likely than ever to be able to get a ticket.

Surely it would be better to have some form of loyalty scheme.................. than having to hope that 4 season ticket holders will offer you their spares for you and your 3 kids!!?

matty_f
21-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Two is fair, imho.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Come back on tomorrow after the game and we can revisit it
Bad luck to talk about cup final tickets before a semi

lucky
21-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Let's wait and see if we get there before arguing over the ticket allocation for the final. The club have not said anything as of yet. Rightly so, so come back on once we've won and the club have made a decision

simple
21-04-2017, 06:26 PM
I think you should have delayed your post until after tomorrow's game, If season ticket sales keep going the way it is it won't be possible to give season tickets holder 2 each.

I'm_cabbaged
21-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Was it not only 1 per season ST last season?
Forget that it was loyalty points. Who says it's going to be 2 per ST if we reach the final?

mim
21-04-2017, 06:30 PM
I think you should have delayed your post until after tomorrow's game, If season ticket sales keep going the way it is it won't be possible to give season tickets holder 2 each.

We already know how many season ticket holders we have, :confused:

H18 SFR
21-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Agree that two is fair. Big investment, big returns.

Pete
21-04-2017, 06:32 PM
If you're really, really fat then I'd say yes.

tamig
21-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Two per ST is fine. Only once the ST numbers get to a level where two would exceed the allocation should it be revisited.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2017, 06:37 PM
We already know how many season ticket holders we have, :confused:

Think he meant, if we go over 11,000 season ticket holders, for the new season, or so in the next 2 weeks, season ticket holders a can't get 2
But as I said that all irrevalent just now

OP would be better to delete the post

Waxy
21-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Twos no fair if your no a season ticket holder and it is fair if you are. The selfish nature of humans.

mcfly
21-04-2017, 06:42 PM
the way it worked last year was 1 ticket per season ticket and 1 extra if you had renewed using the early bird scheme.

I'm sorry but season ticket holders are the ones who pay to support the club whether they go or not.

They are the ones who deserve first dibs on the tickets.

However this is an argument after tomorrow surely??

lord bunberry
21-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Two per ST is fine. Only once the ST numbers get to a level where two would exceed the allocation should it be revisited.

That could be this season. 11000 this season and over 8000 already for next season. We're pretty close to the 21000 allocation already.

Dibben
21-04-2017, 06:56 PM
the way it worked last year was 1 ticket per season ticket and 1 extra if you had renewed using the early bird scheme.

I'm sorry but season ticket holders are the ones who pay to support the club whether they go or not.

They are the ones who deserve first dibs on the tickets.

However this is an argument after tomorrow surely??

This is the fairest (coming from someone who has renewed using the early bird scheme!!

😬

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Count not our chickens. Semi first nothing else matters.

monktonharp
21-04-2017, 07:07 PM
I can see Harrogate man's point, and feel for him but wait until 2 pm tomorrow( or even extra time) but as stated, ST holders will be accommodated first and always shall it be. we know that people would jump on the bandwagon if their local team gets to a cup final, have a great day with family etc but that is how it is. Approx. 150k turned out for the Sunday last year. hope you were there Peter.

AgentDaleCooper
21-04-2017, 07:10 PM
in my experience, i've never failed to get a ticket to game a really wanted to go to by posting on here - this includes last years cup final, actually. if you really, really want a ticket, you'll be able to get one, just might take a bit of persistence - you'll never get scalped by a fellow hibee though :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2017, 07:19 PM
1 per season ticket - you only need the 1 seat. Otherwise you're not rewarding ST holders you're rewarding the friends of ST holders.

tamig
21-04-2017, 07:20 PM
That could be this season. 11000 this season and over 8000 already for next season. We're pretty close to the 21000 allocation already.

I'm sure a lot of the STs already sold will be existing renewals but it is getting close to the point where allocating two per ST or one for this season/one for next could exceed the allocation.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2017, 07:21 PM
I like the option of two but IF we get there, as long as I get one I'm not that fussed.

Onceinawhile
21-04-2017, 07:22 PM
1 per season ticket - you only need the 1 seat. Otherwise you're not rewarding ST holders you're rewarding the friends of ST holders.

Like it or not, it's an incentive for people to buy a season ticket next year. One for those who have one this year and one for those who have one next year.

Two for those with both. Seems fair to me.

monktonharp
21-04-2017, 07:27 PM
This is the fairest (coming from someone who has renewed using the early bird scheme!!

😬I renewed last season, to ensure my 2nd ticket.one of my sons could never get to most games but no way was I letting him miss the final. I did not do an Early bird btw.

Dibben
21-04-2017, 07:43 PM
I renewed last season, to ensure my 2nd ticket.one of my sons could never get to most games but no way was I letting him miss the final. I did not do an Early bird btw.

What I really meant was that of you are a current ST holder and renew before buying your ticket - you are entitled to 2. If you are a new ST holder for next season, you get one! Which worked out great for you and your son!! 😬

But we shouldn't get too carried away - tomorrow is a tough game!!!

Vini1875
21-04-2017, 07:49 PM
It is not two per ST holder. It is one for the present season and one for next season's ST holder. Otherwise a person who had renewed would be entitled to 4 cup final tickets. It is like a reward in advance so if you buy a ST for the coming season you get the chance of a cup final ticket.

If we have 11,000 for this season and 11,000 or more buy/renew we may run into some problems. 11,000 for this season and 8,000 renewals at the minute, with that number set to rise if we are in the final. If that were to happen there would be no general sale if we made the final and possibly ST holders missing out. The price of success, demand out stripping supply.

Glory Lurker
21-04-2017, 07:54 PM

Aye, but, to be fair, those friends have had to talk us ST folk through despair most Saturday nights for the last ten years :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2017, 08:05 PM
People need the extra seat for their inflatable pandas, its not right too expect to carry them for at least 90 mins.

Stantons Angel
21-04-2017, 08:18 PM
why are we discussing things like this the night before a big game?
can you not wait till we get through this game to begin discussing something that has not yet happened.

Please lets concentrate on tomorrow and get through this game first. THEN have your grip about who gets what and how many they get ,AGAIN!

Thank you.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2017, 08:20 PM
The thread will have no influence on the outcome of the game.

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2017, 08:24 PM
why are we discussing things like this the night before a big game?
can you not wait till we get through this game to begin discussing something that has not yet happened.

Please lets concentrate on tomorrow and get through this game first. THEN have your grip about who gets what and how many they get ,AGAIN!

Thank you.

Hi mate - I'm just watching Have I Got News For You. I must admit I'm not fully focussed on the match. Apologies in advance if this affects the result tomorrow.

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Like it or not, it's an incentive for people to buy a season ticket next year. One for those who have one this year and one for those who have one next year.

Two for those with both. Seems fair to me.

Why is it an incentive to get 2 tickets when you can only use one?

IberianHibernian
21-04-2017, 09:06 PM
First of all I agree that this is something to be discussed after tomorrow`s match if we win . If we don`t win , season ticketholders will know they have priority for them ( not friends etc ) for big games next season . If we win , then 1 ticket per 2016 / 17 season ticketholder which would leave about 9000 tickets for general sale / fans who buy tickets for Railh and St M matches / Hibs International TV season ticketholders / etc etc . To boost ST sales would probably give priority to renewers or new STHs for next season - if that`s done would be fairer to limit second ticket to adult STHs since many walk ups will have spent far more than cost of child or student ST and there have been rumours of people buying student / kid STs before recent finals and then cancelling them .

lord bunberry
21-04-2017, 09:15 PM
If we hadn't offered 2 tickets to season ticket holders who renewed last season we wouldn't have had as many season ticket holders this season. That might have led to smaller crowds at games this season.

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2017, 09:21 PM
If we hadn't offered 2 tickets to season ticket holders who renewed last season we wouldn't have had as many season ticket holders this season. That might have led to smaller crowds at games this season.

It might encourage those that rely on their mate to get their own ST?

brianmc
21-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Whilst I'm not even going to go down the road of potentially jinxing tomorrow's result regarding who would or wouldn't be entitled to whatever......
I'd suggest this to the OP: buy a season ticket and stop whining.
I (like most people I'd imagine) don't get to all the games my Season Ticket entitles me to but i buy it anyway.
That's my contribution to supporting​ my club.
I don't do it for value for money, or ticket privellage or whatever - I do it for them (the Club) not for me.

*Less than a pound a day for an adult season ticket yet you still hear folk moaning that after their fag money and beer money they cannae afford one!?!?!
#priorities.

Stantons Angel
21-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Better off watching the dvd mate. You'll be able to concentrate more tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Why is it an incentive to get 2 tickets when you can only use one?

No you can use two by giving one away.

Since90+2
Whilst I'm not even going to go down the road of potentially jinxing tomorrow's result regarding who would or wouldn't be entitled to whatever......
I (like most people I'd imagine) don't get to all the games my Season Ticket entitles me to but i buy it anyway.
I don't do it for value for money, or ticket privellage or whatever - I do it for them (the Club) not for me.

*Less than a pound a day for an adult season ticket yet you still hear folk moaning that after their fag money and beer money they cannae afford one!?!?!
#priorities.

If it was payable as a pound a day you may have a point but it's not , the fact is for some people buying a season ticket is not financially viable.

monktonharp

#priorities.lets not go down the road of who can afford, and who should afford. your telling me (folk) to stop drinking, stop smoking , to stop doing things you don't like or need.behave.

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2017, 09:42 PM
No you can use two by giving one away.

True. Should give us 3 or 4 each then.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2017, 09:54 PM

#priorities.

Your last sentence is just daft and pointless drivel.

Enough said
21-04-2017, 09:57 PM
:wink: tin hat on because I know it is a controversial subject that has been done to death many times but............

I'm really looking forward to another trip to Hampden tomorrow and despite a 6.15 am start and a 450 mile round trip there is nothing that I would prefer to be doing.

Whilst it will be a much more enjoyable trip home if we have booked a place in the final, this year it will be slightly tinged by the knowledge that it is highly unlikely that we will be able to get tickets for the final.

The much maligned loyalty scheme meant that those of us who can only get to a few games each year were still able to qualify for tickets for the final.

If we are back at Hampden next month then approximately half of our tickets will be used by season tickets holders and the other half by those same season ticket holders' wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, aunties, neighbours, workmates, passing acquantances etc etc. Some of these will be keen Hibs fans who get along to games when they can, others will never have been before or will have no real interest in football but quite like the idea of a day out.

Whilst you may feel that with a season ticket you have bought the right to say who can sit beside you, it means that this year the Hibs diaspora is less likely than ever to be able to get a ticket.

Surely it would be better to have some form of loyalty scheme.................. than having to hope that 4 season ticket holders will offer you their spares for you and your 3 kids!!?

What a waste of a post close this thread down please

jgl07
21-04-2017, 10:50 PM
What a pointless thread.

The match is not sold out. The initial allocation has not been totally sold and there were a potential 4,000 more seats if we had sold them.

So why the moaning?

We had this fuss over the Hearts semi-final when only one ticket per ST holder was allowed. This was fuelled by suggestions that the match would need to be moved to Murrayfield to cope with demand. I doubt if Hibs had anywhere near 10,000 ST holders at the time and there were around 25,000 tickets avilable. This discouraged a lot from attending and Hibs failed to come anywhere near shifting our allocation. Hearts didn't sell their allocation either by the way.

Then we had the braindead comments from the usual suspects (or should I say the usual suspect), suggesting that it would be a good thing if the South Upper were not opened 'the stop the latecomers' getting better seats.

Hibs are in their fifth Scottish Cup semi-final in six seasons. That is four more than Hearts. If Hibs beat Aberdeen, it will be a fourth final in six years.

Beefster
22-04-2017, 05:21 AM
True. Should give us 3 or 4 each then.

Agreed. That way I wouldn't need to choose out of my auld granny and auntie Agnes, both of whom only like the big games.