PDA

View Full Version : Talk sport

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Ray Wilkins came out this morning and spouted the biggest load of pish on the fat boy brazil show. He was talking about playing for hibs against sevco when he headed a clearance against his own bar. He said while he did not get involved in any of the religious nonsense, he received stick from the hibs fans who are scotlands 2nd catholic club. What a ****in cretin that man really is.

Lancs Harp
21-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Uncle Festas stunt man.

edit to add, I wouldnt expect anthing else from him, hes been schooled the Rangers way, isnt that how most Rangers fans think of us?

SON OF PADDY
21-04-2017, 08:25 AM
Must still be on the Sauce ? 🍷🍸🍹🍻🥂🥃 The man's a Prick.

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Ray Wilkins came out this morning and spouted the biggest load of pish on the fat boy brazil show. He was talking about playing for hibs against sevco when he headed a clearance against his own bar. He said while he did not get involved in any of the religious nonsense, he received stick from the hibs fans who are scotlands 2nd catholic club. What a ****in cretin that man really is.

What a stupid prick the guy is .... no doubt the experts on Scottish football :faf: at Talk sport lapped it up.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-04-2017, 08:36 AM

I love talk sport, but wilkins does waffle a lot.

Everyone knows that we were Scotlands FIRST catholic club...
😀

heretoday
21-04-2017, 08:36 AM
You shouldn't listen to Talksport. It's just a wind-up.

21-04-2017, 08:43 AM

He received stick for being atrocious plus applauding rangers fans at Ibrox when we were 4 down. My most hated Hibs player ever. A complete twat.

pacorosssco
21-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Brazil is a horrible man and Wilko should never been offered chance to wear Hibs jersey. Was finished. Sure hes also said he didnt try game v Rangers when Hibs player as Rangers meant too much too him :( thats why he got stick. Brazil most likely suggested he said and takes any chance knock his own country and game which gave him a career.

Carheenlea
21-04-2017, 08:45 AM
A lazy, and stupid thing to say. Someone should point out to the bald drink driver that it's 2017, and Hibs haven't been considered a "Catholic" club since many, many decades before he squeezed his fat arse through the doors of Easter Road.

seanoheimhin
21-04-2017, 08:48 AM
A lazy, and stupid thing to say. Someone should point out to the bald drink driver that it's 2017, and Hibs haven't been considered a "Catholic" club since many, many decades before he squeezed his fat arse through the doors of Easter Road.

:thumbsup:

Lancs Harp
21-04-2017, 08:51 AM

Oi nowt wrong with being bald.:wink: (thats not a pic of me btw its an icon)

Bostonhibby
21-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Playing to probably the only audience that would still put up with his reckless disregard for everyone but himself with his persistent drunken driving.

No surprise he was only able to hit the bar with his header, can't point a car in a straight line either.

Bellend.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Fergos
21-04-2017, 09:00 AM
He was great in fantasy island...."boss, it's the plane...."

GGTTH

Archie89
21-04-2017, 09:10 AM
He received stick for being atrocious plus applauding rangers fans at Ibrox when we were 4 down. My most hated Hibs player ever. A complete twat.

He's the only Hibs player I've ever hated. I was at that game and it's the only time in my life I've shouted abuse at a Hibs player. I even find it hard calling him a Hibs player,detest the Jim delahunt.

Vini1875
21-04-2017, 10:08 AM
I think you'll find a lot of fans of other clubs think of Hibs that way. It certainly is our roots and I would suspect that in percentage terms more Catholics support Hibs than would the case at other clubs. I just don't think it matters to the Hibs support.

Captain Trips
21-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Hiberninan FC are a vehicle for football and the local community of which religion and color are irrelevant. Hibernian is a football club and not a 2nd of anything religious. Wilkins is an idiot.

JIm
21-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Interesting stuff. Really wish one of you guys could get on and stick it right up the fat bald prick live on air, that would be great listening.........:flag:

mcohibs
21-04-2017, 10:29 AM
I would suspect that in percentage terms more Catholics support Hibs than would the case at other clubs.

I know of quite a number of Hibs fans who have Irish-Catholic family ties but no real religious leanings. I'd class myself in this category. I could probably count on one hand the number of Hibs fans I've met though that are practicing Catholics.

Although it's not something that usually comes up in conversation as, like you say, I don't think many people care!

JimboHibs
21-04-2017, 10:31 AM

He's a horrible man,I was at that game midweek.Him & The Rangers a perfect for for each other.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Interesting stuff. Really wish one of you guys could get on and stick it right up the fat bald prick live on air, that would be great listening.........:flag:

It certainly wouldnae be great viewing! :-)

snooky
21-04-2017, 10:39 AM
I think you'll find a lot of fans of other clubs think of Hibs that way. It certainly is our roots and I would suspect that in percentage terms more Catholics support Hibs than would the case at other clubs. I just don't think it matters to the Hibs support.

A poll was done on hibsnet a few years ago and IIRC it was (very roughly) along the lines of ...
45% no-religion
25% Protestant
25% Catholic
5% other.
(That's how I remember it but I may be a wee bit out here and there).

However, as one poster said above, "Who cares?"

Craig_in_Prague
21-04-2017, 10:39 AM
I was at a game against the Pars away; he was probably 80% favorite to get to the ball but instead he never went to the ball and just ran back the way.
I literally wanted to get on the pitch and kick the baldy prick where it hurts.

Why oh Why did we sign him? Did he pay us?

Frazerbob
21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Why any self respecting Scot listens to Talk Sport is beyond me. Lowest common denominator radio targeted at right wing, English white van drivers (no offence to actual white van drivers but you get my drift). It's The Sun on the wireless. Utter drivel!

Quarters
21-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Wilkins appeared a single game for Wycombe in 1996 as a favour to our then manager Alan Smith (the bald one) - barely moved out of the centre circle and the longest accurate pass he made was around three yards. Should have retired long before now, we all thought...

His next move was to Hibs.

I can only imagine how bad he must have been.

Dunbar Hibee
21-04-2017, 11:12 AM
Should that **** not be in the tin pail for countless offences of drink driving.

CMurdoch
21-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Hiberninan FC are a vehicle for football and the local community of which religion and color are irrelevant. Hibernian is a football club and not a 2nd of anything religious. Wilkins is an idiot.

:top marks

pacorosssco
21-04-2017, 11:16 AM
We must leave behind and I thought largely we do
. Just as few call Everton one way and Liverpool another nowadays. Cant change how others view us sadly. Just to provoke thought Celtic are the second largest prodestant support in Scotland but id say OF more defined by Irish and British now by own support and others

greenlex
21-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Here he is with his bird at the airport.

Wheat Hound
21-04-2017, 11:20 AM
The final straw that meant Alex Miller had to go. He had lost the plot by then. Although Jocky the Janny continued to play the galoot!

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Had the Jim White show on a few hours ago and they were gushing about this weekends 'El Classico' ...... near the end of the segment White goes 'what a weekend for football, Real v Barca, the FA cup semi finals and of course 'no offence to the other two' ( unnamed teams ) Celtic v Rangers in the Scottish cup semi'

Aye ........... nae offence taken ya bell end :giruy2:

Sir David Gray
21-04-2017, 08:59 PM

They may well do but they would be wrong as well just like Wilkins is.

Hibs is a Scottish football club that has roots in Ireland dating back to the 19th century. I've no doubt that there are a minority of Hibs fans who are quite happy to profess their Irishness through their support of the club but most of the Hibs support see us first and foremost as a Scottish club, just like any other team.

We are absolutely not "little Celtic" and I will argue with anyone who tries to suggest otherwise.

JimBHibees
21-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Wilkins is an obnoxious clown. Saw a bit of stv news and saw Brazil wow he looked horrific and absolutely enormous.

brog
21-04-2017, 09:33 PM
I had a few drinks with Alan Brazil & Ronnie Irani on mote than one ocassion in a bar in Canary Wharf a few years ago. He wasn't my fav person but he was never other than knowledgeable & always spoke well of Hibs. I remember Wilkins running the show for Engerlund at Hampden, we lost 1 0 & IIRC Stevie Coppel scored. However the Wilkins who played for us was an unfit mercenary eeking out one last payday. I really hold in contempt these players such as Wilkins, Amoruso etc who profess an allegiance to what they know is a vile institution.

Bishop Hibee
21-04-2017, 10:16 PM
If we've made a more anti-Hibs signing over the years than Wilkins I don't know it. Disgraceful wage thief at the fag end of Mogadon Miller's reign. Probably still raging at 3-2 🖕

Vini1875
21-04-2017, 10:43 PM
A poll was done on hibsnet a few years ago and IIRC it was (very roughly) along the lines of ...
45% no-religion
25% Protestant
25% Catholic
5% other.
(That's how I remember it but I may be a wee bit out here and there).

However, as one poster said above, "Who cares?"

But given that the Catholic population in the Edinburgh area is somewhere between 7and 14% and at about 15% for Scotland as a whole, then 25% of Hibs supporters claiming to be Catholic is high in relation to other clubs.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2017, 05:21 AM
But given that the Catholic population in the Edinburgh area is somewhere between 7and 14% and at about 15% for Scotland as a whole, then 25% of Hibs supporters claiming to be Catholic is high in relation to other clubs.

I'm catholic, it means absolutely nothing to me, there is no link to that and why i support hibs.

And if we ever became anything like celtic i'd stop going completely.

JimBHibees
22-04-2017, 07:02 AM
I'm catholic, it means absolutely nothing to me, there is no link to that and why i support hibs.

Couldn't agree more. Wilkins shockingly lazy comment could be turned round to say his beloved Chelsea are an extreme right wing club whose followers are all hooligans.

lapsedhibee
22-04-2017, 09:11 AM

Used to hear similar arguments by Huns to demonstrate that Celtc were more sectarian than the Huns were: The entire Huns board were proddies and the entire Celtc board were papes but the population of Glasgow was predominantly proddy THEREFORE Celtc were being proportionately more bigoted by excluding proddies from their board than the Huns were by excluding papes. (Well obviously a Hun couldn't actually have used the word 'proportionate' but you get the drift.)

Well said.