PDA

View Full Version : Tonights games

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Man u 1 Anderlecht 1, said it before but Paul Pogba has won a gold watch signing for them on the wages he will be getting.

How anyone can pay that kind of money for this average player is unbelievable, although there is mad money being splashed on ordinary players, 90m for him is the best bit of business Juventus will ever do.

Ken
20-04-2017, 08:45 PM
I don't agree. I think he's their best player and although they've got a few decent players they are a good bit away from being a top European team. He'll show his worth in the next few years, either at Man U or somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
20-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Man u 1 Anderlecht 1, said it before but Paul Pogba has won a gold watch signing for them on the wages he will be getting.

How anyone can pay that kind of money for this average player is unbelievable, although there is mad money being splashed on ordinary players, 90m for him is the best bit of business Juventus will ever do.

Pogba. A poor man's Effe Ambrose.

Shocking the money that they paid for him. No pace so he'll just get slower and slower in years to come.

Anyway come on the Belgians.

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2017, 08:53 PM
I don't agree. I think he's their best player and although they've got a few decent players they are a good bit away from being a top European team. He'll show his worth in the next few years, either at Man U or somewhere else

I have been watching him since he signed, he does have to get better in my opinion he really needs to.

I'd have thought for 90m they'd have wanted a lot more than he's currently given them, what is it you see that makes him their best player, personally i dont see anything special in him at all, although saying that nobody stands out much?

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Cruciate for Zlatan?

HH81
20-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Pogba is very poor. Gives the ball away and never seems to be at the pace of the game.

Could Man U season be over if their main player doesn't get up from that awful looking knee injury?

JimBHibees
20-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Cruciate for Zlatan?

Looked that way. United lucky they hadn't used 3rd sub.

Ken
20-04-2017, 09:03 PM
I watched him the previous season in about 15 Juventus games and he was outstanding and very consistent. I don't think the Man U 1st XI is good enough and that brings him down. Not an excuse I like using when a player isn't performing to their best but I think it's true in this case. Time will tell

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Class finish from Rashead

JimBHibees
20-04-2017, 09:27 PM

Got a fortunate deflection shot was going straight at the keeper.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2017, 09:29 PM
Got a fortunate deflection shot was going straight at the keeper.

Brilliant first touch, then skill to take out two defenders and get the shot away, fantastic goal.

Liam89
20-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Brilliant first touch, then skill to take out two defenders and get the shot away, fantastic goal.

Thought he was terrific tonight even without the goal. The skies the limit for him I think!

Billy Whizz
20-04-2017, 09:37 PM
And the chance of 5 English teams in next seasons champions league, continues, although only 1 got through to this years last 8

Pete
20-04-2017, 11:27 PM
Watching the highlights programme and Roy Keane has just basically told us who has gone through before the final two matches have been shown.

Cheers ya fanny.

pacorosssco
21-04-2017, 01:12 AM

Player but probably now needs move on. United will spend big on CF. Same applies Martial who Rashford has moved ahead off in queue. Harsh but Rashford better away from Utd to progress.

JimBHibees
21-04-2017, 06:25 AM

All correct but wouldnt have scored without the deflection :greengrin, great elements to his game however his finishing was very poor.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2017, 06:27 AM
All correct but wouldnt have scored without the deflection :greengrin, great elements to his game however his finishing was very poor.

The keeper might have fluffed it :-)

pacorosssco
21-04-2017, 07:49 AM
The keeper might have fluffed it :-) or envelopes at play

Pete
21-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Player but probably now needs move on. United will spend big on CF. Same applies Martial who Rashford has moved ahead off in queue. Harsh but Rashford better away from Utd to progress.

I don't think the Mourihno style of football suits either of them and I agree they should move on to develop their careers.

United basically hoofed and barged their way past Anderlecht and that's not what you want to be part of if you're a young, ambitious player who wants to develop properly. If you move there's also less chance of an embarrassing rant from your manager in your direction.

pacorosssco
21-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Mourinho poor record developing academy young players. Martial gone from 50 million player to 15 and Rashford has been made scapegoat unfairly. Both most likely do well elsewhere but will comand large fees many wont want to pay. Zlatans injury gives one a shot till end season

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Mourinho poor record developing academy young players. Martial gone from 50 million player to 15 and Rashford has been made scapegoat unfairly. Both most likely do well elsewhere but will comand large fees many wont want to pay. Zlatans injury gives one a shot till end seasonNeither of them will be going anywhere, they will be quality players for United, that is clear to see. Rashford was very good against Chelsea on Sunday.

pacorosssco
21-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Neither of them will be going anywhere, they will be quality players for United, that is clear to see. Rashford was very good against Chelsea on Sunday.

If as rumoured two big cf signings come in how do they develop?? Loo ka loo had to leave chelsea to get games

JDHibs
21-04-2017, 03:05 PM
People need to stop hating on Pogba.

It wasnt his idea to be signed for the ludicrous amount of money that was spent on him. He also just cant turn himself into the best central midfielder in the world, like everyone wants him to be, because hes had a massive amount of cash spent on him.

Hes an a very unfair amount of pressure put onto him because of that fee. Hes a great player and will show it over the years at Utd. For him being a pinnacle part of that team, sitting 5th, winning the EFL cup and being in the semis of the Europa league is a good season.

Man Utd are 2 or 3 top drawer forward players away from being a force again. Cant rely on Zlatan forever.

Pete
21-04-2017, 03:16 PM

It wasnt his idea to be signed for the ludicrous amount of money that was spent on him. He also just cant turn himself into the best central midfielder in the world, like everyone wants him to be, because hes had a massive amount of cash spent on him.

Hes an a very unfair amount of pressure put onto him because of that fee. Hes a great player and will show it over the years at Utd. For him being a pinnacle part of that team, sitting 5th, winning the EFL cup and being in the semis of the Europa league is a good season.

Man Utd are 2 or 3 top drawer forward players away from being a force again. Cant rely on Zlatan forever.

I'm not sure why any top drawer player would want to sign for them though (other than cash).

The problem is that there's no room at the Champions league Inn for them as it looks like City, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool are there already and aren't moving. Chances are they'll be passed off the park by Celta Vigo so that'll be the back door shut.

Constant UEFA cup isn't acceptable for the top, top players.

JDHibs
21-04-2017, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure why any top drawer player would want to sign for them though (other than cash).

The problem is that there's no room at the Champions league Inn for them as it looks like City, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool are there already and aren't moving. Chances are they'll be passed off the park by Celta Vigo so that'll be the back door shut.

Constant UEFA cup isn't acceptable for the top, top players.

Still one of the biggest clubs in the world in revenue, turnover and financial power in general. As long as they are challenging for trophies, they will stay there.

As for the Champions League, City are 4 points ahead and Utd have a game in hand. Liverpool are 6 points head, i think, Utd have 2 games in hand. Not exactly impossible to further catch both of them when both are pretty inconsistent. Utd are unbeaten in the league since October, albeit with alot of draws. Same as Hibs, few changes and they would been wins and the league would look very different.

Celta Vigo are 10th in the league this year, arent the same team as they were last year, still a good team and it will be a hard tie, but i see Utd coming through it.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2017, 03:38 PM
If as rumoured two big cf signings come in how do they develop?? Loo ka loo had to leave chelsea to get gamesRumours are just that. Man United wont sign 2 big name strikers this summer unless Zlatan leaves.

Pete
21-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Speaking of strikers, teams could do a lot worse than that Lacazette playing for Lyon.

Maybe Lennon can offer him a trial?

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2017, 06:58 PM

I'm certainly not a Pogba hater, i'm just someone who's passing his opinion on a footballer. He's nowhere near a great player this season, great players can play in any team.

5th is last in England, in fact i read something about Moyes having more points than Jose has achieved in the same number of games, and that was without signing superstars like pogba.

The Man U keeper will be gone in the summer, Zlatan's injury looked horrendous, they need a left back two midfielders and another forward probably 2. I dont see Man U breaking into the elite again even next season.

silverhibee
21-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Lucky goal for Norwich. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2017, 07:06 PM
I'm certainly not a Pogba hater, i'm just someone who's passing his opinion on a footballer. He's nowhere near a great player this season, great players can play in any team.

5th is last in England, in fact i read something about Moyes having more points than Jose has achieved in the same number of games, and that was without signing superstars like pogba.

The Man U keeper will be gone in the summer, Zlatan's injury looked horrendous, they need a left back two midfielders and another forward probably 2. I dont see Man U breaking into the elite again even next season.They have enough money to do all of that so could very easily be part of the ''elite''

HibbyAndy
21-04-2017, 07:13 PM

The Man U keeper will be gone in the summer, Zlatan's injury looked horrendous, they need a left back two midfielders and another forward probably 2. I dont see Man U breaking into the elite again even next season.

Long has De gea left on his contract ?

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2017, 07:17 PM
They have enough money to do all of that so could very easily be part of the ''elite''

Yip, and i think winning the Europa league is key to them achieving this, if not then i can see them struggling to get back for a while.

silverhibee
21-04-2017, 07:27 PM
2 own goals from the Brighton goalkeeper. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Its a funny old game, one off the bar and one off the post onto the keepers back and in, nae luck! Same player with both shots too.

Onceinawhile
21-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Genuinely hoping for a third og from the keeper.

Would he get the match ball?

HibbyAndy
21-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Pritchard tae... a 10 million sighnin fae Spurs

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Nae shots on target but, two up, a tad unusual!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2017, 08:23 AM
Just noticed on SSN the keeper is no.13!