20-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Full interview via Sky Sports On Demand

alihibs1
20-04-2017, 07:07 PM
So he's staying probaly. Great if true.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Good stuff. We'll definitely need the big felly next season.

20-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Delighted if he stays. He's had his best games for us against Premiership teams.

Stoney Hibee
20-04-2017, 07:22 PM
I am not sure, in certain games he does an outstanding job without doubt. However the ability to score a few goals from a midfielder is essential and he does not have that in his locker. Does anyone know how many shots on goal he has had this season?

Elephant Stone
20-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Brilliant guy. Consistently solid performer who always turns up on the big occasions, exactly the kind of mentality we need and have lacked in midfield in recent times.

Get it signed Marvin :greengrin :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
20-04-2017, 07:26 PM
i like Marv :agree:

edwards
20-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Would love to see him stay for another couple of years stay with the hibees Marv

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2017, 07:40 PM
I am not sure, in certain games he does an outstanding job without doubt. However the ability to score a few goals from a midfielder is essential and he does not have that in his locker. Does anyone know how many shots on goal he has had this season?Claude Makelele scored 2 goals in over 200 games for Chelsea. Defensive midfielders don't need to score goals to be very important. Far from essential.

RIP
20-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Means gies mair money

Fergos
20-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Delighted if the big man stays.

Good attitude and always gives his best.

GGTTH

Hi Heid Yin
20-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Bartley is a midfield destroyer - someone who breaks up the play of opposing midfielders and wins key battles in that crucial area of play.
Granted, he does not score many goals and if he could add this to his game he would be one helluva player.
I'd be happy to see him stay.

SanFranHibs
20-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Mentioned the training facilities. Marv knows what he's doing :wink:

brianmc
20-04-2017, 08:09 PM
I am not sure, in certain games he does an outstanding job without doubt. However the ability to score a few goals from a midfielder is essential and he does not have that in his locker. Does anyone know how many shots on goal he has had this season?

He's scored as many goals for us as Javier Mascherano has for Barcelona in his 7 years there....
Zero. Sometimes there's more than just goals involved in a players contribution to the team?

Itsnoteasy
20-04-2017, 08:11 PM

How many goals have all the midfielders scored this season

18Hibee75
20-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Would be interested to find out who the manager that said hibs was a "dead end move" was and what he meant by it. Big Marv proving them wrong - think he's brilliant at what he does, great player to have for big games.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

The_Exile
20-04-2017, 08:48 PM
If a defensive midfielder scores a goal then he's not doing his job properly :greengrin

Onion
20-04-2017, 08:50 PM
In his interviews, reminds me a bit of David Murphy - articulate and intelligent.

Sat Semi is tailor-made for Bartley, sitting in front of the back 4. Good guy :thumbsup:

20-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Definitely a good move for Marv to move to us from Leyton Orient, who are about to be relegated out of League Two and are in severe financial difficulty.

The manager that said it was a "dead end move" could have been his manager at Leyton Orient, Ian Hendon, who was sacked by them 6 months after Marv joined us.

ancient hibee
20-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Or does anyone know how many shots on our goal he has prevented this season?

Tobias Funke
20-04-2017, 09:53 PM

Scoring goals is not his job. Breaking up play and adding muscle to our midfield IS his job. To cite his goalscoring record as possible reason not to give him a new contract is mental.

Nicho87
20-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Our best holding midfielder since Matty Jack. We'll miss him when he goes.

Fergos
20-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Or does anyone know how many shots on our goal he has prevented this season?

Agreed with the subtle point you make. Or indeed how many dangerous break aways he has prevented by getting stuck in and covering the back 4.

The Bartmans a good guy.

GGTTH

Waxy
20-04-2017, 10:06 PM

Not really his job. The rest of the midfield needs to chip in with goals though.

capitals_finest
20-04-2017, 10:12 PM
He is the sort of player we have been saying for years that we need so hopefully we can hold on to him. 'The Matty Jack Type'. :not worth

Brightside
20-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Our best holding midfielder since Matty Jack. We'll miss him when he goes.

Hes not a holding midfielder tho.... Fyvie is. Bartley is spoiler. Great against hard midfields but is the last player you want if you want to actually keep the ball in possession.

1van Sprou7e
20-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Hes not a holding midfielder tho.... Fyvie is. Bartley is spoiler. Great against hard midfields but is the last player you want if you want to actually keep the ball in possession.

I know what you're saying but Bartley has played many games as a holding midfielder for us.

Also I think his passing is underrated, doesn't create much but at the very least he usually retains possession

HIBEES 4 LIFE
21-04-2017, 07:09 AM
Claude Makelele scored 2 goals in over 200 games for Chelsea. Defensive midfielders don't need to score goals to be very important. Far from essential.

Finally a sensible post about a defensive midfielder!! 99% of this forum want 3 attacking central midfielders and 2 wingers playing. I for one hope to never see this. We'd be battered every week.

The defensive midfielders sole job is to get the ball back for us and give it to those guys who can play (McGinn, McGeouch etc). If you had a defensive midfielder who could tackle, pass, create and score he'd not be playing at ER that's for sure.

Marco G
21-04-2017, 08:31 AM
I think you understate his skill on the ball once he has won it. Great if he stays.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

RoscoHibby
21-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Hope he stays, love big Marv. And he's 10 times the player Matty Jack was. Jack was just lucky he had
sauzee, latapy and John O'neill to make him look good. Was a terrible player. The formation at the time meant he could just crunch people in the centre circle and look good, could hardly run the length of himself! Seen him out on the piss and smoking tabs on a few occasions while with us....

Anyway, mon the Marv! Get it signed big man!

JDHibs
21-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Like Big Marv! Comes across as a really down to earth guy and clearly loves it up here!

Has done a tremendous jobs against teams in the Prem, most notably Hearts, does his job down to a T, spoils, wins the midfield battles.

Will be needed next season when we play the bigger 4 teams, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and the sheep, they games will suit his playing style! People are quick to point out his lack of attacking threat, thats like saying a mechanic is crap at doing make up, he doesnt need to be good at attacking. There are 4 or 5 other players there to do that!

Really hope he signs a new deal!

supermcginn
21-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Brilliant at his job , we need to keep him big time!

MyJo
21-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Barca have Mascherano
Chelseas got wee K ante
But none of them can compare
To super Marvin Bartley

Stevie Reid
21-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Love the guy. His qualities would definitely serve us well in the SPL - probably more so than they have done in the Championship games.

SChibs
21-04-2017, 11:06 AM

I see what your saying. He's like a good Jim Goodwin.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 12:09 PM

That first half sums up why Bartley is vital and fyvie will be away

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2017, 03:49 PM
That first half sums up why Bartley is vital and fyvie will be awayThe cup final done the exact opposite. Don't be daft and judge players on 1 game.

The man in your user name was anonymous today as well.

supermcginn
22-04-2017, 03:58 PM
The cup final done the exact opposite. Don't be daft and judge players on 1 game.

The man in your user name was anonymous today as well.

Dont disagree with you mcginn was poor at al, but bartley has been mom league cup final and 3 derbies, when has fyvie shown that much?

Peevemor
22-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Dont disagree with you mcginn was poor at al, but bartley has been mom league cup final and 3 derbies, when has fyvie shown that much?
McGinn's a great player but I think he needs a break. For a skilful player his game is extremely physical. He's looking a wee bit jaded and his distribution has been poor for a good few weeks now.