PDA

View Full Version : McGinn - new deal?

Hibby70
20-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Twice today I've heard he's signing a new 3 year deal.

Made up nonsense or is their some truth in it. I suspect the former.

HibsNutter
20-04-2017, 03:58 PM
If he is going to stay another year he may as well sign a new deal, he'll get more money and we'll be guaranteed a large sum when he goes. Suits both parties.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
Twice today I've heard he's signing a new 3 year deal.

Made up nonsense or is their some truth in it. I suspect the former.

Wouldnt surprise me, as he only had two years left and last year is a write-off.

Him signing a 3 year deal would, imo translate to a big payrise for him, and one more season with the understanding that we would sell him next summer for big cash.

JDHibs
Dont see why not. Havent heard anything myself but makes sense...

He was signed when we were still down in the championship. We will be looking to keep him, so wouldnt be surprised if he offered him improved terms, which would tie him down to a longer deal, hopefully put us in a stronger position to fend off any interest or get a bigger price.

Dashing Bob S
20-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Personally, I would doubt it, but not too outlandish a strategy for McGinn. It can be a good move for a player to sign an extended contract and go for big money. It means that the buyers are more serious about them as first team members, rather than just sticking them in training with a stack of other mid-range stars, where they too often just waste so much of the best years of their talent.

Sprouleflyer
20-04-2017, 04:03 PM
A new 3 year deal would mean a 1 yr extension on his current contract term, which would make perfect sense and good business by Hibs.

Billy Whizz
20-04-2017, 04:10 PM
A new 3 year deal would mean a 1 yr extension on his current contract term, which would make perfect sense and good business by Hibs.

And more money for SJM

Hermit Crab
20-04-2017, 04:14 PM
We need him on a long deal because when it comes to selling him St Mirren get a decent wedge of any sell on fee.

Green Badger
20-04-2017, 04:19 PM
If we are able to convince him to stay another year then it makes very good sense, better wages for him and more cash for Hibs when he eventually goes.

Enough said
20-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Let's not forget where the club stands on this. We have made John a far better player infact and international player , he has won the Scottish cup with us been beat in another final and won the league. John speaks very very highly of the club and what we have done for him as a player and a person nice to see a wee bit of commitment back from a player !!

J-C
20-04-2017, 06:21 PM
I don't know what he's on but he's became a Scottish internationalist and a Hibs hero in the last 2 seasons, a wee wage increase would be very apt and keep him sweet for another season at least.

keep the faith
20-04-2017, 06:32 PM
We need him on a long deal because when it comes to selling him St Mirren get a decent wedge of any sell on fee.

I wonder if the sell on clause has a time limit.

Dibben
20-04-2017, 06:46 PM
Fingers crossed this comes about.

Would be a good way to end the season (as well as another Cup final 😬👍🏻)

matty_f
20-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Would be great business from Hibs if that was the case.

Hi Heid Yin
20-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Come on Hibs....Make it happen!

danhibees1875
21-04-2017, 10:24 AM
I wonder if the sell on clause has a time limit.

Or how it works with player swaps?

For instance, if something like the Scott Allan deal was struck where we got cash, a player and a player on loan... Do they only receive 20% of the cash amount? Or does someone "value" the player/loan elements to the deal and we pay up on that?

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Or how it works with player swaps?

For instance, if something like the Scott Allan deal was struck where we got cash, a player and a player on loan... Do they only receive 20% of the cash amount? Or does someone "value" the player/loan elements to the deal and we pay up on that?

The player(s) would have to be valued for the purposes of the contract itself.