PDA

View Full Version : Duff Jimmy

Billy Whizz
20-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Given 3 game ban, 1 match suspended, and Morton fined £500 (£250 suspended) for their part in Easter Rd square go

Not In The Know
20-04-2017, 01:13 PM
any news on his assistant?

calumhibee1
20-04-2017, 01:14 PM
any news on his assistant?

Charges withdrawn.

IAmLee
20-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Charges withdrawn.

I noticed that, obviously I didnt have the best view from the east but a lot of people seemed to suggest that the assistant manager was worse than Duffy! No doubt Lennon will get hammered!

mjhibby
20-04-2017, 01:23 PM
I noticed that, obviously I didnt have the best view from the east but a lot of people seemed to suggest that the assistant manager was worse than Duffy! No doubt Lennon will get hammered!

I would guess 5 game ban and he'll use up three of those before the end of the season. Will be an issue if he is banned from the cup final if we get there. Still think he was the one who was put upon and stayed on our side of the halfway line but I'm sure they will be under pressure from the west coast meedya.

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2017, 01:26 PM
I would guess 5 game ban and he'll use up three of those before the end of the season. Will be an issue if he is banned from the cup final if we get there. Still think he was the one who was put upon and stayed on our side of the halfway line but I'm sure they will be under pressure from the west coast meedya.

Maybe 5 match ban with 2 of those suspended would do the trick.

CMurdoch
20-04-2017, 01:32 PM
Given 3 game ban, 1 match suspended, and Morton fined £500 (£250 suspended) for their part in Easter Rd square go

Lennon's previous and his criticism of all and sundry will see him take a 5 game hit. Hopefully with 2 suspended so that he can take his place at the cup final if required.

sleeping giant
20-04-2017, 01:32 PM
He'll get the same as Duffy I think.

Billy Whizz
20-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Lennon's previous and his criticism of all and sundry will see him take a 5 game hit. Hopefully with 2 suspended so that he can take his place at the cup final if required.

Is the hearing before Wednesdays game?

1van Sprou7e
20-04-2017, 02:01 PM

We shall see, to be fair he did step out of his technical area first but he didn't do much wrong after that.

I think an equal punishment to Duffy's would be fair

southsider
20-04-2017, 02:09 PM
This just shows how stupid the SFA are. Two guys up for the same offence 'tried' at different times. How can NL get a fair hearing when the other party has already been found guilty. NL's lawyer should be all over this like a rash and tell the SFA to dismiss the charge, to invoke impartiality.

1van Sprou7e
20-04-2017, 02:13 PM
This just shows how stupid the SFA are. Two guys up for the same offence 'tried' at different times. How can NL get a fair hearing when the other party has already been found guilty. NL's lawyer should be all over this like a rash and tell the SFA to dismiss the charge, to invoke impartiality.

Lennon postponed his hearing because the SFA decided to schedule it for 2 days before our cup semi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39603071

hibbysam
20-04-2017, 02:18 PM

Not really the case when you look at Daz's red card. They found both he and the Morton boy not guilty. Duffy was maybe happy to just sit and accept his ban and move on, whereas Lennon and Hibs will no doubt be fighting tooth and nail to win the hearing.

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Is the hearing before Wednesdays game?

Tuesday. 25th

Marco G
20-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Lennon postponed his hearing because the SFA decided to schedule it for 2 days before our cup semi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39603071
In fact of course Lennon did want it postponed, but actual reason given is that Hibs solicitor was unavailable. Imho if solicitor had been available the hearing would have gone ahead today.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
20-04-2017, 03:11 PM
In fact of course Lennon did want it postponed, but actual reason given is that Hibs solicitor was unavailable. Imho if solicitor had been available the hearing would have gone ahead today.

And he would have been banned, if found guilty, from Saturday

BullsCloseHibs
20-04-2017, 03:13 PM

He bloody better not get any more than Duffer Jim. Remember, the whole incident was Mortons fault

1van Sprou7e
20-04-2017, 03:14 PM

Yeah that's the reason given but it does seem a bit suspicious ;)

Sean1875
20-04-2017, 03:15 PM
He bloody better not get any more than Duffer Jim. Remember, the whole incident was Mortons fault

Agree with you, however the fact that Lenny has previous probably wont help him here.

Marco G
20-04-2017, 03:19 PM
Yeah that's the reason given but it does seem a bit suspicious ;)
Just away for a long Easter break I guess. Surely nothing wrong with that?😅

silverhibee
20-04-2017, 03:25 PM

You think :greengrin can see Lennon getting hammered here, that's Duffy's 1st offence, so pretty harsh, Lennon has a long list of previous with the SFA, and now that he is not the manager of Celtc and Hibs having the audacity to win the Scottish cup and make a fool of the SFA, Scottish Police and The Rangers will see Lennon take the brunt of it with a long ban from the dug out from the compliance officer.

Mikey
20-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Will Lennon definitely be banned from cup games too or would it just be SPFL games?

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2017, 05:18 PM
You think :greengrin can see Lennon getting hammered here, that's Duffy's 1st offence, so pretty harsh, Lennon has a long list of previous with the SFA, and now that he is not the manager of Celtc and Hibs having the audacity to win the Scottish cup and make a fool of the SFA, Scottish Police and The Rangers will see Lennon take the brunt of it with a long ban from the dug out from the compliance officer.

Definitely. He'll get 6 matches.

Mikey09
20-04-2017, 05:34 PM

Nonsense.

silverhibee
20-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Will Lennon definitely be banned from cup games too or would it just be SPFL games?

I'm pretty sure it will be all games, cup and league, did Lennon not have this problem before with Celtc, he was serving a ban and wasn't allowed in the changing room at Hampden and Celtc found a loophole in the SFA rules that he could talk to the players in the underground car park before the game and possibly at HT as well.

silverhibee
20-04-2017, 06:15 PM

He has already had a 6 match ban while Celtc manager, reduced to 4 on appeal, infact, he seemed to spend a lot of time in the stands while he was Celtc manager after numerous bans, :greengrin wouldn't surprise me if he got a 8 to 9 match ban from the SFA, and after appealing it gets reduced to a 6 match ban.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Nonsense.

We'll see. Previous record will count against him.

Pete70
20-04-2017, 06:50 PM
His previous with Celtic will be held against him.

I think if he gets a 5 match ban with 2 of those suspended thus serving an immediate 3 games he would take it and move on.

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-04-2017, 09:36 PM
His previous with Celtic will be held against him.

I think if he gets a 5 match ban with 2 of those suspended thus serving an immediate 3 games he would take it and move on.

Think he would snap their hand off for that tbh

Sir David Gray
20-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Considering Duffy's received a 3 match ban after being charged with one offence, with Lennon receiving three separate charges, I can see his ban being around 6 or 7 matches.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

BoomtownHibees
20-04-2017, 09:44 PM
Guaranteed to miss the final if we get there

macca70
20-04-2017, 09:45 PM
He's going to get 6 games minimum, which is completely ridiculous!!

Hibs should get him a seat that's technically in the stand but basically directly behind or side of the dug out.

Although he'll probably get a better view from West Upper and see stuff he might not from pitch level.

It's the ban from dressing room that sometimes comes with with a dug out ban that is just ridiculous.

macca70
20-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Guaranteed to miss the final if we get there

Hampden dug outs are pretty much in the stand anyway but still not good.