PDA

View Full Version : Semi final in Harrogate

Flanny boy
20-04-2017, 11:23 AM
As it says I am in Harrogate on Saturday does anyone know the best place to watch the game.thanks in advance guys.GGTTH

peterharrogate
20-04-2017, 12:41 PM
As it says I am in Harrogate on Saturday does anyone know the best place to watch the game.thanks in advance guys.GGTTH

I'd invite you round but I'll be in Glasgow!

peterharrogate
20-04-2017, 04:50 PM

In the centre of town The Den on Cambridge Street should be ok at that time of day or The Pit which is on the Ginnel off Parliament Street but for a proper pub just a little further out I'd suggest Muckles on West Park just opposite the Stray.

Flanny boy
20-04-2017, 04:56 PM
In the centre of town The Den on Cambridge Street should be ok at that time of day or The Pit which is on the Ginnel off Parliament Street but for a proper pub just a little further out I'd suggest Muckles on West Park just opposite the Stray.

Thanks for that that's me sorted now

peterharrogate
20-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Thanks for that that's me sorted now

No problem - hope you enjoy Harrogate and definitely hope you enjoy the match!

HH81
20-04-2017, 06:31 PM
I was in Harrogate Monday. Are you doing the trip in a day Peter or staying over?

Stopped at a good chippy on the way home called Murgatroyds near the Airport.

peterharrogate
20-04-2017, 07:40 PM
I was in Harrogate Monday. Are you doing the trip in a day Peter or staying over?

Stopped at a good chippy on the way home called Murgatroyds near the Airport.

Early start on Saturday morning but it means we can be home again by early evening. There are four of us going and now my eldest is old enough we can share the driving. Whatever the result it can't feel as long a trip back as the first final I dragged him along to - Livingston in 2004!

Murgatroyds is good or if you are in Harrogate again try Graveleys in the town centre.

Bad Habits
20-04-2017, 07:54 PM
I would second muckles, and graveleys! I never thought there were any other hibbies in Harrogate :flag:

HH81
20-04-2017, 08:54 PM
I was there with my mate watching Halifax V Harrogate Town. Nice little ground they have too. Never been there before.

Will check out them chippies if I am ever back there.

OtleyHibs
20-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Due to being convinced I'm a curse at Hampden the game will be on in my living room in Otley, near Harrogate if anyone is struggling for a venue 😄

Been to Hampden a lot and do not have one win to my name! Birth of children, work or (in the case of last May) cracked ribs have made me miss every win there, last visit was Ross County league cup final last season and as such I am genuinely scared to ever go back. When I got injured just before Rangers game I knew we would win it, you're all welcome for that by the way 😉

Fanforlife
20-04-2017, 09:16 PM
I would second muckles, and graveleys! I never thought there were any other hibbies in Harrogate :flag:There used to be a fair few of them, went under Harrogate Hibs,Guy called Martin Mcgurk had them buzzing for Hibs a good few years ago, think Flanny Boy was part of a crowd of us who reciprocated a visit down there for a good bevvy, stayed in a place called the Imbercourt Hotel, ended up a free bar due to state we got the owners in.

Flanny boy
20-04-2017, 09:57 PM
There used to be a fair few of them, went under Harrogate Hibs,Guy called Martin Mcgurk had them buzzing for Hibs a good few years ago, think Flanny Boy was part of a crowd of us who reciprocated a visit down there for a good bevvy, stayed in a place called the Imbercourt Hotel, ended up a free bar due to state we got the owners in.

I was there indeed not quite a free bar I paid Charlie our convenor 2p for a double voddy and bottle of beer.happy days.PS is this you chas?

Fanforlife
21-04-2017, 06:59 AM
I was there indeed not quite a free bar I paid Charlie our convenor 2p for a double voddy and bottle of beer.happy days.PS is this you chas?

Certainly is Flanny

Flanny boy
21-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Certainly is Flanny

Ah.Bless you Charlie hope you're well pal

Fanforlife
21-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Ah.Bless you Charlie hope you're well palDoing fine bud, hopefully you are as well! 😁 GGTTH 😁

hibee_nation
21-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Graveleys is a fantastic traditional fish and chip shop. Also Bambinos on Kings Road try the parmesan chicken its superb. Nice town Harrogate.

Flanny boy
21-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Doing fine bud, hopefully you are as well! 😁 GGTTH 😁

I am sound cha thanks.PS bring back the I.e.c bus pal

Flanny boy
21-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Graveleys is a fantastic traditional fish and chip shop. Also Bambinos on Kings Road try the parmesan chicken its superb. Nice town Harrogate.

Thanks for that I'm sure I will enjoy it.GGTTH

poolman
21-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Can't remember if they have a telly but the Blues Bar is an absolutely brill pub

monktonharp
21-04-2017, 09:25 PM
Doing fine bud, hopefully you are as well! 😁 GGTTH 😁Cha, I used to be in that toon quite a lot believe it or not.Company I worked for had it's headquarters in Otley Road. stayed in various venues in the toon. Dont know if they still have the hq there but Vibroplant were quite big down there and changed to UKForks.Didnae know we had Hibbies there

Fanforlife
22-04-2017, 09:54 AM
Used to be up to a dozen or so traveled up three or four times a season, they were all Leeds fans but enjoyed watching the Hibs 😀. Think Martin Mcgurk used subtle persuasion on them Wullie 😁