PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone feeling

InchHibby
20-04-2017, 06:32 AM
Couple days to go and beginning to get a bit nervous as I always do, but nothing compared to past semi finals or finals.
Strangely enough, although I'd love us to make it too another final, it won't be the end of the world.
I'll still be at the final three games.
But how good would it be to get to another final, that would make it ten visits to Hampden in five or six years, that would surely be a record outwith the bigot brothers.

Oscar T Grouch
20-04-2017, 06:43 AM
I am feeling dread right now. I can't help but feel we'll get humped on Saturday. Luckily though I am usually wrong in my predictions so 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Pete
20-04-2017, 06:48 AM
Just exited. If we win then great but if we lose we lose.

None of this "another chance gone/Hampden misery again blah blah" because it's been put to bed.

It's also quite funny knowing that them over the road are absolutely terrified of us reaching another final.

tamig
20-04-2017, 07:02 AM
No nerves at all about this one. I'm looking on it as a welcome bonus and looking forward to a great day out. I think we're in with a very good chance of making the final again after wrapping up the league. Bring it on.

lord bunberry
20-04-2017, 07:07 AM
Really confident. When I see videos like the one of Cummings the other day, I see a squad that's together and ready to take our defence all the way to the final.

Ken
20-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Very relaxed. After winning it last year the pressure is off us big time and with us already having the league in the bag the main goal has been achieved. And that's not even taking into account the fact we knocked Hearts out.

Aberdeen fans will be feeling the pressure and they know they have to beat us

Great position for us to be in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

staunchhibby
20-04-2017, 07:09 AM
Apprehensive as always going to HampdebBut i enjoy the day out

hibsmad
20-04-2017, 07:10 AM
Feeling pretty good.

Regardless of the outcome I can see the Hibs fans applauding and cheering the team off the park.

Quite a good place to be considering the stress/pressure we are used to feeling when traveling through there for Scottish Cup matches.

Albanian Hibs
20-04-2017, 07:11 AM
Relaxed, bit excited.

My stomach will no doubt be churning when my alarm goes off on Saturday morning though.

SirDavidsNapper
20-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Completely relaxed and looking forward to it. If i knew at the start of the season we'd win the league and defend the cup to the semi final stage id have been delighted. Also relaxed knowing it will take a very good Aberdeen performance to beat us.

we are hibs
20-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Absolutely no pressure on us whatsoever. Just looking forward to going back to hampden

Bostonhibby
20-04-2017, 07:51 AM
No pressure whatsoever. Glad we've put up a good defence of the cup so far. Travelling up quietly confident today. No idea re score but think we'll win it in extra time.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
20-04-2017, 07:57 AM
No pressure whatsoever. Glad we've put up a good defence of the cup so far. Travelling up quietly confident today. No idea re score but think we'll win it in extra time.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Ditto

Lancs Harp
20-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Really looking forward it.

Got belief in the team, management etc. obviously on the day we can get our tactics wrong, can be plain unlucky, have a key decision or two go against us or just have an off day etc, its football it happens. But we are developing a winning mentality, the players have resolve and belief in themselves and arent short of ability, we are tough to beat and have players that can turn a game, when we are on our game we are match for anyone (within reason Im not trying to big us up to challenge Real Madrid and Barca .... just yet). We've developed a habit of winning on the big stage, getting over the line, when, in the past we might have fallen short.

The prize this weekend is another Scottish Cup final and another great occasion but also for me Im greatly interested in seeing how this team fares against opposition who next season will one of our main rivals. It will be a great yardstick and I think and believe we will measure up very well and if we dont, we dust oursleves down, learn from the experience and we keep that belief. Onwards and upwards.

Bring it on

:flag:

We are Hibs!

lugz
20-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Really looking forward to the game, for a change there's no pressure on us and all of a sudden people are focusing on how long it's been since Aberdeen last won the cup (we all know the pressure that brings).

Going to have a good day out with the lads, have a few jars and hopefully be celebrating reaching another final.:flag:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Feeling fine. No pressure at all. If we win then fantastic. If we lose, we lose. We move on! Monkey is off our back now.

Generally just looking forward to the day out and being back at Hampden.

Mick O'Rourke
How oh how, so many times, for me anyway. since the sixties have we have travelled to Hampden not alway or very rarely confident of winning.
Was it the dreaded curse at the back of my mind?
Teams we thought should have won the SC in the past were good enough
Tornadoes for example,but they, by their own admission, froze on the day.
Yes, so many years,so many tears

One final recently had me thinking, we will win this soon.
The 0-3 against Celtic 2013.
The supporters staying in their seats long after the final whistle singing their hearts out
We certainly did not do "walking away"

Maybe the passion and love for the club got me carried away that day.
I said to my pal after that game.who also had went through decades of disappointment at Hampden.

"Time is running out for us,pal, but i think we will win this the next time we get to a final"
He just gave me a forlorn look and said.
"Heard it,Mick,come oan,its ma round !"

Now i probably said that many times over the years !
But after that game against Celtic.
I had a gut feeling/thought,this is going to happen Mick, and you are going to live it !

Strange ,but true
Prediction?
If the finalists are the same as last year.
YES !

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-04-2017, 08:22 AM
No nerves at all about this one. I'm looking on it as a welcome bonus and looking forward to a great day out. I think we're in with a very good chance of making the final again after wrapping up the league. Bring it on.

Absolutely this. Biggest free hit in our history.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-04-2017, 08:24 AM
How oh how, so many times, for me anyway. since the sixties have we have travelled to Hampden not alway or very rarely confident of winning.
Was it the dreaded curse at the back of my mind?
Teams we thought should have won the SC in the past were good enough
Tornadoes for example,but they, by their own admission, froze on the day.
Yes, so many years,so many tears

One final recently had me thinking, we will win this soon.
The 0-3 against Celtic 2013.
The supporters staying in their seats long after the final whistle singing their hearts out
We certainly did not do "walking away"

Maybe the passion and love for the club got me carried away that day.
I said to my pal after that game.who also had went through decades of disappointment at Hampden.

"Time is running out for us,pal, but i think we will win this the next time we get to a final"
He just gave me a forlorn look and said.
"Heard it,Mick,come oan,its ma round !"

Now i probably said that many times over the years !
But after that game against Celtic.
I had a gut feeling/thought,this is going to happen Mick, and you are going to live it !

Strange ,but true
Prediction?
If the finalists are the same as last year.
YES !

Good post.

I agree thosr last 10 minutes in that final were a bit surreal, amd unexpected but very memorable.

Predictably, wr even got slaughtered for that in the media in some quarters if memory serves.

FilipinoHibs
20-04-2017, 08:29 AM
Had the party no matter what coz we have won it at last and we are promoted and the Jambos season over. But now getting very nervous about getting a doing or getting to our second final in a row and winning again. Yes normal highs and lows before a big game. Best cure a lot of drink so you can get to sleep but you know you are going to wake up early with worries.

SlickShoes
20-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Very relaxed, completely different to the usual dread I would get before games at hampden.

The monkey is off our back, we can go to hampden with real confidence that anything is possible, if the team give their all and the fans support them that's all I am looking for, we are capable of beating anyone but Aberdeen are a very good team and if we do lose then there is always next year.

Ich liebe Deek
20-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Real test of how good a team we are and I'll be disappointed if we don't turn up.No use claiming we now have a winning mentality then claim this game to be a bonus?Win on Saturday and the momentum the club has could go into over-drive.Might be worth a couple of thousand more season tickets being sold which would be exceptional considering the depth of our very recent nadir.

.Sean.
20-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Cannot believe all this 'if we lose we lose' crap im reading. Losers mentality.

It's the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and the tie is more than winnable. I for one am absolutely desperate to win and I'll be gutted if we get beat.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-04-2017, 08:56 AM
Huge outsiders being in the last four with the top three teams in the country. Win or lose, this season's requirement has already been achieved by winning the league.

scooby
20-04-2017, 08:57 AM
We've already won the league and we're the cup holders, so there is absolutely no pressure on us.
We've raised our game for every Scottish cup tie so far, Saturday will be no different.

I'm feeling confident, here we go two in a row.

Frazerbob
20-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Aberdeen are the best side we've faced all season, no doubt about that. However, if Hamilton can beat them twice so can we! I was at the League Cup Final and if the same Aberdeen team turns up at Hampden again we will win. Their fans clearly don't fancy it, let's hope their team feel the same.

RoscoHibby
20-04-2017, 08:58 AM
I can't wait. Up early and on it, back to Hampden to see the bonnie boys in green!

As mentioned above, it's a free swipe at it. After last May n getting promoted, sent the yams packing AGAIN, win or lose, still be head over heels with the cabbage!

Will be cheering them on with all I've got hoping for a win, if we don't get it, I can't even see it ruining the rest of my day. Absolute free shot at it IMO.

Great time to be a hibby.

My_Wife_Camille
20-04-2017, 09:05 AM
We go through on penalties again. Bookmark this post :cb

SlickShoes
20-04-2017, 09:09 AM

It's the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and the tie is more than winnable. I for one am absolutely desperate to win and I'll be gutted if we get beat.

Load of nonsense. It's not a losers mentality it's just that it won't feel anywhere near as galling as it has in previous years. I'm less worried about a defeat, therefor I have more confidence about winning.

Losing a single game is what would happen tomorrow, rewind a year and losing a single game becomes a scottish media dogpile as 115 years get's hung around our necks until they next time we fail and make it worse.

Dashing Bob S
20-04-2017, 09:12 AM
Feel fabulous as always. Is there a game on this weekend?

Geo_1875
20-04-2017, 09:14 AM
I just hope that whatever happens the crowd can maintain an atmosphere similar to Tynecastle where we sang for 90 minutes just to annoy them. That would certainly put the wind up the sheep. Confident we can get a result.

cammy1969
20-04-2017, 09:18 AM
It's a bigger game for Aberdeen than it is for us hampdump is like a 2nd home to us and we have a no bad record our players have played and won there on big occasions were as Aberdeen while going well in league have a poor record there their players have won nothing, were the holders just won league confidence will be high. Will be tough game but defo winnable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
20-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Feeling pretty good.

Regardless of the outcome I can see the Hibs fans applauding and cheering the team off the park.

Quite a good place to be considering the stress/pressure we are used to feeling when traveling through there for Scottish Cup matches.

Exactly the same. No matter what happens on Saturday I will applaud the team off the park for a very good defense of our trophy and winning the league, they've done us proud. Although come Saturday I'm sure I'll be a lot more nervous. :greengrin I would certainly love to reach another final though, give us something to look forward to and keep the 2 in a row dream going a little longer, and IMO we're definitely capable of getting there as this Hibs team aren't going to give up their trophy without one hell of a fight. :aok:

calumhibee1
20-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Real test of how good a team we are and I'll be disappointed if we don't turn up.No use claiming we now have a winning mentality then claim this game to be a bonus?Win on Saturday and the momentum the club has could go into over-drive.Might be worth a couple of thousand more season tickets being sold which would be exceptional considering the depth of our very recent nadir.

This is very true. If we win on Saturday then the excitement levels around our club will reach fever pitch. Would be superb to see. :agree:

Bristolhibby
20-04-2017, 10:05 AM
Very relaxed. After winning it last year the pressure is off us big time and with us already having the league in the bag the main goal has been achieved. And that's not even taking into account the fact we knocked Hearts out.

Aberdeen fans will be feeling the pressure and they know they have to beat us

Great position for us to be in

This. I always thought we needed to get the league wrapped up before the Semi. That takes the pressure off of us, combined with winning it last year (which again kills the monkey).

Full focus on the Cup, no more league distractions, and the potential for a truely historic 2 in a row (here we go).

The squad togetherness and toughness we have will keep us in good stead on Saturday.

J

Mainstandman
20-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Looking forward to good day no matter the result. Got a group of us going.

seanoheimhin
20-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Buzzing, but really not going there with all the nervous tension of years past.

I remember everyone was so nervous and uncomfortable before and during the LC final last year. Dunno if that translated to the players, but for me personally the atmosphere was dire. Countless moaners, people screaming at the players and storming out after the late goal... So just another day in Hampden up until 21.05, which felt very different from the get go :greengrin

Everything that's happened since surely means as a collective support we will be more chilled out, and we can go there united and get behind the team no matter what.

No idea if we'll pull off a result, but we can trust the team to show up and give it their best shot which is good enough for me.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Feeling reasonably laid back about this one.

I don't think we are favourites and IMO this is probably the toughest cup tie we have faced in the last few years. Aberdeen's form is impressive and they definitely have the power up front to give us far more problems than any team we have faced in the Championship or the Scottish Cup so far this season, not to mention a defence that has conceded less than a goal a game in a tougher league than the one we have just won.

On the up side, though I don't think we quite have the flair we showed at times last season there cant be any doubt that we are much tougher to beat ..... we proved against the Yams at Easter Road that we can play a game capable of stifling a team on a big pitch and at the same time create chances, we are on a high after finally achieving the one goal this season that mattered above all others and the players know whatever happens they have done their job .... from that point of view we can go into the game with a freedom we might not have had, with no other thought than the task in hand.

We might not be favourites, but with a big noisy support behind us and a team with a fighting attitude we certainly have a chance ..... we can win, we might not ........ but whatever happens we have defended our cup with dignity, so I'm going to enjoy the day whatever happens.

Waxy
20-04-2017, 11:21 AM
The players want it as much as the fans. We have a chance.

Bad Martini
20-04-2017, 12:15 PM
You can bet this is the year we slap the sheep, dramatically skelp one of the old firm in the final and some knob starts world war 3 preventing us from rubbing into the mutants and the huns for a whole season. That said, we all know God is a Hibby and therefore worldwide vaporisation only applies outwith our part(s) of this fair city. :greengrin

...in reality, we can (and could) and most probably will beat Aberdeen narrowly IF, we apply the best of the season again. The bigger teams are easier for us typically. That's why we took two attempts to put the mutants out and made a hard job of it against the wee team from Glasgow last May.

All's well that ends well tho.

GLORY GLORY YA BASS :aok::aok::aok::aok::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Hackett
20-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Totally relaxed and stress free and on my 2nd G&T. I'm on hols and lounging on the roof terrace.

Sorry... NOT! :greengrin

Craig_HFC
20-04-2017, 12:50 PM

Agree with this.

However I'd add that I'm (at this moment in time anyway) more excited than nervous about heading to Hampden for the first time I can remember.

HibeeLR
20-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Can't wait for this, love a day out in Glasgow seeing the hibees! Plus this will take my mind away from upcoming exams I have soon. Just hoping we reach another final. Here we goooo!

IAmLee
20-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Quite chilled out about the whole thing this year, was more concerned with winning the league when we started to stutter a bit but now that's done the pressure is off! Of course I want us to win and I'll be gutted if we lose but it won't be quite as bad as it has been in the past. As long as we turn up and play the way we know we can we have every chance of going through!!

CMurdoch
20-04-2017, 01:16 PM
Never been one for the green specs so when I say it is the 2nd best team against the 4th best team in Scotland that is not green specaray. Celtic are by far the best team in the country but Aberdeen although a goalscoring team at the moment are well beatable.
It is about us turning up with our A game, not making any horrific defensive mistakes, not getting a player sent off and getting a wee rub of the green.
Would put the odds about 60/40 in their favour but wouldn't feel confident on betting my house or even the wife on either team as it stands. Anybody's game so why not the Hibs.
Enjoy
:flag::flag::flag:

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2017, 02:14 PM

Nah I think it's just due to there being less pressure now. We are cup holders and pretty much all agreed that this season was ALL about getting promoted. The fact we've managed to put together a decent defence of our cup is a bonus really.

I'm sure come the final whistle on Saturday, if we're out we'll all be gutted. We are capable of beating Aberdeen and I really hope we do it and make it back to back finals. But there's no nerves from me - I think I believe Aberdeen will edge it so that takes some of the nerves away, but I'm just really looking forward to another day out with the Hibees family. Guaranteed we are looking forward to the day more than Aberdeen fans are.

Hibby70
20-04-2017, 03:31 PM
I've never known such a positive energy around both team and fans.

We're doing this (and the final) make no mistake.

Here we go....

iwasthere1972
20-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Finally winning the cup last year and winning the Championship last week has taken the pressure off. Really hope that we make it to yet another final but, provided we don't get horsed and put up a good fight, if we go out then we can still be proud of the team. Knocking out the Yams will have softened the blow.

Looking forward to it all ready. Clothes and Hibs top and scarf all ready and raring to go.

20K Hibees singing Here we go two in a row. :flag:

jaba1875
20-04-2017, 03:38 PM
I live and work in Aberdeen and I've been a cocky sh*t at work all week... let's hope it doesn't backfire.

Golden Bear
20-04-2017, 04:30 PM
A win will be a bonus but I feel as though we've already made an admirable defence of the trophy so I'll not be too despondent if we fail to make the final. Just as long as we turn up on Saturday of course!

Kato
20-04-2017, 04:42 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?319474-Here-we-go

hibby6270
20-04-2017, 04:46 PM
Relaxed and looking forward to the game.

For the first time, I don't have the fear or trepidation of what a disappointment it would be not to reach the final. Of course, there will be some disappointment if we don't win but nothing like previous SF defeats.

Objective this season was always to win the Championship - DONE!!

Reaching ths SF in defence of the cup has been a bonus - DONE!!
Anything more will be the cherry on the cake.

20-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Surprisingly relaxed. We got the monkey off our backs last year so there isn't the pressure of "oh god please don't let it be ANOTHER year". The big goal of the season has been achieved so this is all bonus territory now.

Win - absolutely delighted, another final, the chance to do an incredible 2 in a row.

Lose - disappointed of course but will not be distraught. We've given our SC one hell of a crack despite it being no more than a side show this season. Will still be very proud.

Craig_in_Prague
20-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Excited and a little nervous too.

Also want to reach the final to get a trip home!

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2017, 05:03 PM
I'd take a point right now

neil7908
20-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Best I've ever felt about a trip to Hampden. Not necessarily the most confident I've been on a Hibs victory but will just try to enjoy the game and recall the last time I was there!

I suspect by kick off anxiety will have set in as usual though.

ACLeith
20-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Relaxed and looking forward to the game.

For the first time, I don't have the fear or trepidation of what a disappointment it would be not to reach the final. Of course, there will be some disappointment if we don't win but nothing like previous SF defeats.

Objective this season was always to win the Championship - DONE!!

Reaching ths SF in defence of the cup has been a bonus - DONE!!
Anything more will be the cherry on the cake.

100% my feeling. Saved me a lot of typing. 👍👍

Frazerbob
20-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Apart from anything else, I don't want the season the fizzle out. Having the cup final would keep the party going for a few weeks.

My old man
20-04-2017, 05:23 PM
My feelings are if the HIBS that turned up against
The yams &Utd turn up then only sellick may be able
To handle it
So over to you my Bonny laddies give it your all is all we ask
GGTTH

green day
20-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Drunk. But that's just me, regarding the match......Hibs for the cup !

SirDavidsNapper
20-04-2017, 05:27 PM
My feelings are if the HIBS that turned up against
The yams &Utd turn up then only sellick may be able
To handle it
So over to you my Bonny laddies give it your all is all we ask
GGTTH

I agree. I have belief in this Hibs team.

IlDiavola
20-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Not too confident about the outcome but will have a great day regardless.

My_Wife_Camille
20-04-2017, 05:28 PM
I'd take a point right now
:confused: It's a cup game, there's no points available...

Still, I'd settle for a draw too and take them in the replay at ER

Just Alf
20-04-2017, 06:30 PM
:confused: It's a cup game, there's no points available...

Still, I'd settle for a draw too and take them in the replay at ER
Whoosh....

I hope... Im in pub so it might be me getting whoosh ed! Lol

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

HFCdeb
20-04-2017, 06:42 PM
It's the strangest feeling. Completely foreign to me regarding Hibs and Hampden. I'm not confident that we'll win but if we do then it's no huge surprise. I've never "looked forward" to a Hampden trip but you just ken it's going to be a great day, the support will be in full voice and the team will fight for each and every one of us and we'll be proud no matter what the result. I trust this group of lads and our manager. It's been a great season on the back of our last visit to the national stadium, the league is wrapped up, we HUMPED the jumbos out of the cup and we've defended it all the way to the semis.
I hope the weather is good and it'll be a great day out for all of us.
Here we go...

silverhibee
20-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Hibs The Rangers Cup Final.

Two in a row. :flag:

Dalianwanda
20-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Confident about our performance and delighted to be home :-)

Onion
20-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Feeling much the same as before 21 May. Relaxed, no high expectations, and hoping to enjoy the day.

Aberdeen are in big trouble :thumbsup:

Pete
20-04-2017, 07:25 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?319474-Here-we-go

If we lose then at least this will disappear.

HibbyAndy
20-04-2017, 07:26 PM

And if we win ?

Eyrie
20-04-2017, 07:35 PM
And if we win ?

I'll probably be able to double my post count by the 27th if that happens.

As regards Saturday, I'm relaxed about the game. Reaching the semi final is a decent defence of our cup so it won't be the end of the world if we lose.

But come 12:15 I'll be desperate for the win and another final.

Deek9
20-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Hope we have the right balance between being relaxed, not being under pressure, and still having the desire to win (as I'm sure Aberdeen will be desperate to do so). I fancy Rangers to upset Celtic and it would be amazing to have a repeat of last year's final.

Hi Heid Yin
20-04-2017, 08:11 PM
I feel quietly confident that our boys will have just a little bit too much for Aberdeen and will return from Hampden, winners.
Aberdeen are good, but they have in my opinion found themselves at the right place at the right time in competing for 2nd place for a few seasons relatively unchallenged.
In particular, they enjoyed a sub-standard/weak SPL when 3 big guns (Hibs, Hearts and Sevco) were plying their trade in the 2nd tier all at the same time.
Hearts came back up and had to find their feet, as did Sevco, whilst Dundee United offered nothing.
Aberdeen got lucky in many respects and have been able to put out a settled team without stretching themselves too much, as the opposition has in the main been weak for a considerable time.
Like I say, I think they are a good team, but I really do believe that Hibs are a better team.
Our defence concedes little.
We have arguably the strongest midfield outwith Celtic and with The Hammer Of The Hearts, Jason Cummings, up front, well, anything can happen.
I predict 2-0 Hibs.

brianmc
20-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Neither up nor down to be honest.
Never really relish a trip to Hamdump, early kick off also completely ruins any chance of making it an 'occasion'.

So it'll be straight there, straight back again - and hopefully a cup final trip at the end of it to give us a proper day out.

traceyhibs
20-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Absolutely buzzing. We've wrapped up the league and we've won the Scottish Cup now so there is literally no pressure. It's great going back to Hampden as the holders. Would be amazing to reach another final and totally believe in this team.

Bus picking us up at Harthill and kids are so looking forward to it. Going to be a great day [emoji172]⚽️[emoji471]

ACLeith
20-04-2017, 08:37 PM
A bit off topic but not really a thread hijack.

A few years ago I downloaded the Leith San Siro Hibees - Bad Martini's work?

I have it on my laptop as an MP3. I have prepared a Spotify playlist for Saturday but trying to find a way to get this MP3 onto it. Any help appreciated.

fulshie
20-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Nervous!

Sir David Gray
20-04-2017, 09:27 PM

:not worth Sean for Prime Minister.

Absolutely agree. If we lose on Saturday, I'll be in my bed by 10 o'clock on Saturday night.

jockodile
21-04-2017, 01:42 AM
Zero pressure.

If we get off to a decent start in first 10mins we have every chance. Could even go all the way to spot kicks.

No monkey on back, the team have been there before.

One thing is certain however, how great it is to be appearing in this semi final. The 'league is more important' types at the time of the Qtr Final would have left us with a empty feeling this weekend.

The cup, as a major trophy that we can realistically win, should always be a priority for Hibs.

Here we go, 2iaR

pacorosssco
21-04-2017, 02:08 AM
Quietly confident. Another final is well within reach.

Kato
21-04-2017, 07:35 AM

Cheers, mate. :aok:

GreenCastle
21-04-2017, 08:15 AM
I just hope that whatever happens the crowd can maintain an atmosphere similar to Tynecastle where we sang for 90 minutes just to annoy them. That would certainly put the wind up the sheep. Confident we can get a result.

This - non stop Hibs singing for 90 mins with 20,000 people would be awesome.

Lancs Harp
21-04-2017, 08:16 AM
I'm feeling epic.

My_Wife_Camille
21-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Whoosh....

Really!?

Sean1875
21-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Probably the most relaxed i've ever felt about heading to Hampden.. normally im an absolute bag of nerves the week leading up to it but knowing that the league is wrapped up, we've no longer got the hoodoo to worry about and we're not even favourites so no great expectations means i'm genuinely just excited and looking forward to a good day out tomorrow and if we do get a result then fantastic. Its a great time to be a Hibee:flag:

ArmadaleHibs
21-04-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm normally very nervous and very apprehensive when we visit hamdump for obvious reasons. Now the monkey is finally off our back I've no need for apprehension now, just the usual nerves mixed with excitement for hibs to win. Lose and yes I will care but I feel as though we have achieved so much in the last 18 months so I can't get upset. It's a fantastic time to support Hibernian football club and our sales for Saturday show exactly how far and how favourable we now are as a club. Let the good times roll.

Ggtth

MyJo
21-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Not nervous or worried in the slightest.

The pressure is off, there is no hoodoo hanging over our heads, no media about how we haven't won it in 115 years, no gloating yams, league is in the bag, no turmoil, no controversy, no distractions. Aberdeen are favourites and on paper should be winning this match so the pressure and expectation is all on them.

the team have done us and themselves proud in their defence of our trophy. I was far more nervous about playing Bonnyrigg and being humiliatingly knocked out at the first hurdle after winning it, then I was horrified at the prospect of the yams getting one over on us but it never happened and now it's just a case of enjoying the occasion.

While I'm not convinced we will win on Saturday I'll be there to the final whistle, enjoying my day out at hampden (again) and cheering on the boys regardless of the score. They deserve no less

GreenNWhiteArmy
21-04-2017, 10:16 AM
The usual pre match nerves will kick in later this afternoon when it comes to finishing time at work. Knowing that it's Scottish Cup Semi Final weekend. Heading to the game and pre kick off will be a bag of nerves but not any more so than in any other big game we've played this season.

It's gonna be a weird day. The fans have a massive part to play and i believe we will be excellent throughout. Sheep fans wont know what to do when they hear the carnival atmosphere for 90 mins. Win or lose i hope we give a rendition of SOL with 5 mins to go. Scarves aloft for the world to see.

The hoodoo is gone. We are playing the 2nd best team in the country, lets go and enjoy ourselves in the knowledge that our objectives have been met for the season. I know the players will be fully fired up for it and will give there best - NL wouldn't allow it to be any other way :flag:

Craig_in_Prague
21-04-2017, 10:44 AM
was feeling nervous as my mate hadn't confirmed he's stocking up his fridge today - so the beers sufficiently cold for tomorrow.
He's confirmed during the course of today though, that all is under control - so I am feeling much more relaxed.

As for the game - I fancy us, the players will love going back there and with very little pressure on us - We have performed exceptionally in big games and I expect us to do so big style tomorrow.
Here we go.....

gazathehibby
21-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Confidence is on a high, nothing to fear whatsoever, we don't have to prove anything just go out and play the best we can.
Aberdeen should be more worried than us ggtth🇳🇬

cleanyman
21-04-2017, 11:07 AM
Aberdeen have serious issues when playing in Glasgow.

They might finally put on a performance on the scale of probability but if we defend set pieces well we will win this game

Betty Boop
21-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Comfortably numb.

Pete
21-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Cheers, mate. :aok:

Sorry. ;-)

scooby
21-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Hibs The Rangers Cup Final.

Two in a row. :flag:

I can't help thinking that too, could be carnage when we hump them again though!

scooby
21-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Aberdeen have serious issues when playing in Glasgow.

They might finally put on a performance on the scale of probability but if we defend set pieces well we will win this game

If we score first, they're doomed.

Leith's finest
21-04-2017, 03:05 PM
I think we will be the 1st team in scotland to beat celtic this season

greenginger
21-04-2017, 03:44 PM
At the start of the season I would have been delightd with winning the Championship and semi final of the cup.

Now, I want to retain the cup.

Gordon Gecko was right ,

Greed is Good :greengrin

Dobosz83
21-04-2017, 04:05 PM
As relaxed as I've ever felt going into a game of this magnitude.

I have nowhere near the level of anxiety and dread as I have done in years gone bye as I seen us lift the damn thing!

I will applaud the team of the park tomorrow regardless of the result as they have earned it. That said, let's get right behind them and make the 2 in a row song a reality...

HFCdeb
21-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Can't effing wait now!

HibbyAndy
21-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Feel absolutely relaxed.

Cause whatever happens , It happened ! And we have gave it a right good bloody go at defending it !! AND...knocked the cake bakers out 2 years on the trot !

essexhibee
21-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Sat waiting at Stansted. Nerves/excitement starting to build!

CathroMustStay
21-04-2017, 05:52 PM
I AM SO EXCITED I JUST SHAT MA KNICKERS!

#2IAR :flag:

Dashing Bob S
21-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Feel absolutely relaxed.

Cause whatever happens , It happened ! And we have gave it a right good bloody go at defending it !! AND...knocked the cake bakers out 2 years on the trot !

I'm with you. Totally relaxed, nothing to lose. We're still a lower League side who have already mounted a stout defense of the trophy we won in such spectacular fashion last year. The Scottish Cup monkey is off the back and it feels good. I can see us continuing to compete regularly in semi-finals and finals now.

I can't really say the same for those mugs across the city.

WoreTheGreen
21-04-2017, 06:01 PM
I AM SO EXCITED I JUST SHAT MA KNICKERS!

#2IAR :flag:

"Mrs Cathro said Ian i told you if you need the tiolet put your hand up . I did mum but it ran through my fingers

emerald green
21-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Psychologically, it's really important that Hibs got the Championship won before going into this semi-final. That might just make the difference between winning and losing tomorrow.

'mon the beers
21-04-2017, 06:10 PM
For me the monkey is off the back and I'm looking forward to going to hampden for a change. I'm confident we will win, 2-1 is my bet, but if we don't it's been a great defence of the trophy and we are back where we belong.
GGTTH

Jim44
21-04-2017, 08:29 PM
I think everyone, players and supporters alike, can enjoy tomorrow with not too much pressure. In fact, all the pressure is on Aberdeen, so anything could happen. It's hardly a giantkilling feat if we win or a major disaster if we lose, but Aberdeen would consider it a bummer to lose.

GreenLake
21-04-2017, 09:21 PM
I have not drank any alcohol for 9 days but I imagine that run will be coming to an abrupt end tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk