PDA

View Full Version : Many congratulations Hibbees

partickthistle
19-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Well done in getting back to the premier league where you guys belong. Hope you guys are rightly enjoying the celebrations
Easter road probably my favourite away day
Great club and great set of fans looking forward to the games at Leith and Firhill
Now you have the league out the way go on and retain the cup
All the best Hibbees

munchar
19-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Nice gesture mate. See you in Maryhill next season.
⚽🇳🇬👍

calumhibee1
19-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Thanks mate. Always liked Partick and their fans, fair play to them for not taking the easy option of glory hunting which is available on your doorstep. :agree:

HibsNutter
19-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Thanks OP.

As been mentioned, like Partick and their fans, it would be so easy for people living nearby to support the OF. Would be nice to see you win something soon, have a couple of Thistle supporting pals.

DarlingtonHibee
19-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Met a couple of die hard jags in Darlington a few days ago, great company!!

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Cheers O/P ............. Like most on here I have a lot of time for Thistle fans, well fans of any club within a 20 mile radius of the Ugly Sisters who refuse to turn to the dark side. The Scottish and League cups have been shared out between quite a few clubs in recent years, if Ross County, St Mirren and ICT can win them anything is possible .... I wouldn't be sorry to see Partick get their shot in the next few years.

frazeHFC
19-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Partick is a good away day, missed it! One of the ones I'm looking forward too again.

And the post above mine is spot on regarding not supporting the OF!

Vault Boy
19-04-2017, 10:40 PM
Thanks OP. Partick are an admirable club in their own right, respect the fans big time. I think we're all looking forward to being back in the top league.

Dunbar Hibee
19-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Cheers mucker. Had a soft spot for the Jags ever since me auld mate Boothy went there. See you next season!

ekhibee
20-04-2017, 12:20 AM
One of the best league cup games I've ever been to was at Firhill when we played Thistle and it went to penalties, I think it was around 1994/5. Leighton had a great game in goals for us that day. It was a really good game all round though. I used to know a few Thistle fans at my work, and have drunk in the Woodside, a pub near Firrhill which had a huge mural of the 1971 League Cup win against Celtic (4-1).

Argylehibby
20-04-2017, 06:21 AM
There were a few thistle fans at the hands off Hibs rally at Easter Road which was great to see. Their support was really appreciated at the time.

Keith_M
20-04-2017, 06:26 AM
Thanks for your kind words, PT.

We're already looking forward to visiting the exotic delights of Maryhill and environs next season. :wink:

Roxyhibee
20-04-2017, 07:16 AM
Have said on previous threads Thistle and their fans are my soft spot team. Good luck to them for the rest of the season and next. Different class from the ugly sisters.

Always enjoyed the Maryhill away day.

Jim44
20-04-2017, 07:44 AM
Well done in getting back to the premier league where you guys belong. Hope you guys are rightly enjoying the celebrations
Great club and great set of fans looking forward to the games at Leith and Firhill
All the best Hibbees

........ thanks, nice touch. Pity about the mascot, 'tho. :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2017, 07:51 AM
Thanks OP nice touch and great to be back - well done on your top six finish too - now go and pump the hertz and finish above them

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

IAmLee
20-04-2017, 07:55 AM
Cheers mate, looking forward to going back to Firhill this season - the fact that it's the closest ground to me probably helps!!! All the best for the rest of the season!!

James70
20-04-2017, 08:14 AM
I can still remember listening to the League Cup Final on the radio, 1970? when Thistle thrashed Celtic. An unbelievable and fantastic result! An Indian doctor friend of ours working through the west was always asked which team he supported. He always gave the tactful response, Patrick Thistle! (not a misspelling by the way)

Smartie
20-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Yep, one of my favourite away days too.

I've always liked going to Glasgow for the football and I've always hated going to Parkhead and Ibrox.

So Hibs at Hampden, Scotland games and Patrick Thistle away are amongst the highlights of my football year.

I don't think I went the year we were relegated and tbh it feels like ages since I was last there.

Looking forward to it.

Zorro
20-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Thanks PT! As a Hibby who lives 5 minutes from Firhill (and moved here just before we got relegated!!) am looking forward to next season's games against Thistle! Good luck for the rest of the season. Especially against the jambos 😄

JimBHibees
20-04-2017, 11:04 AM
I can still remember listening to the League Cup Final on the radio, 1970? when Thistle thrashed Celtic. An unbelievable and fantastic result! An Indian doctor friend of ours working through the west was always asked which team he supported. He always gave the tactful response, Patrick Thistle! (not a misspelling by the way)

I can remember being at Easter road that day and when the scoreboard went up as being 4 0 Thistle at half time no one would believe it. A fantastic cup win. Thistle had a number of good players that day Alex Rae, Jimmy Bone, Dennis McQuade and pretty sure Roughie was playing also.

Sean1875
20-04-2017, 11:37 AM
My uncles a Partick fan so always keep an eye out for your results - be good to be playing you lot again next season. Best of luck pumping the Hearts :aok:

brog
20-04-2017, 01:13 PM
I can remember being at Easter road that day and when the scoreboard went up as being 4 0 Thistle at half time no one would believe it. A fantastic cup win. Thistle had a number of good players that day Alex Rae, Jimmy Bone, Dennis McQuade and pretty sure Roughie was playing also.

A really nice gesture by the OP. I was playing in England that day, IIRC we beat Falkirk 6-0 with Arthur scoring 4 & I was genuinely as pleased for PT as I was with our result. Of course 3 months later we went to Firhill in our 1st Scottish Cup tie & won 2-0 (en route to final) in front of an amazing 21,000 crowd. Very pleased to be playing the Jags again next season.

surreyhibbie
20-04-2017, 01:40 PM
first away game I ever attended - we won 2-0 but been back a few times, although not recently.

Good luck next season. Except when you play us of course! :greengrin

Stranraer
20-04-2017, 02:08 PM
All the best Hibbees

Very good of you. Should make for a good game next season.

houstonhibbee
20-04-2017, 03:20 PM
I was there too. Thought it was either a mistake or they got it the wrong way round
cetic as now we're invincible ....or so we thought. Thistle had a good team though at the time

20-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Thanks mate. Always liked Partick and their fans, fair play to them for not taking the easy option of glory hunting which is available on your doorstep. :agree:

Agree with this, always said that about PT fans.

SonOfDavidFrancey
20-04-2017, 05:53 PM
I was also there and even though I was only 10 vividly remember everyone rubbing their eyes when the old half time scoreboard showed 4-0. Hibs won 6-0 that day if memory serves

Halmyre Hibee
20-04-2017, 05:55 PM
All the best Hibbees

One of my mates is a Jags diehard and I have been with him to away games against St Johnstone,Livingston and a cup game at Ibrox when Damon Gray was on loan and scored in a 1-1 draw.They hate Rangers & Celtic with a passion as their songbook will confirm along with their light hearted Mary from Maryhill ditty.Have a soft spot for them since they humped Celtic 4-1 in the '71 league cup final. Hibs then Dundee also beat Celtic in the '72 & '73 finals. Quite happy for any team other than Rangers,Celtic or Hearts to get their fair share of glory if Hibs do not win it.

ALF TUPPER
20-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Nice words from the Harry Wraggs. 👍

rcarter1
20-04-2017, 06:02 PM
I wonder if Hibs and Partick could create an independent country, based on being mellow about most things, well dressed when required, and basically good for a pint or three..

Mantis Toboggan
20-04-2017, 06:18 PM
........ thanks, nice touch. Pity about the mascot, 'tho. :greengrin

I love the mascot. Its like something out a Roald Dahl book. Would eat Sammy for breakfast.

Hi Heid Yin
20-04-2017, 07:41 PM
A nice gesture by the OP.
Thanks bud.

Capt Mainwaring
20-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Nice touch from the Jolly Jags, the Harry Wraggs, the Maryhill Magyars - as someone once said 😀

Firhill - the second best away trip to Glasgow - After Hampden of course!