PDA

View Full Version : Budge's Bargain..

Hibby soldier
19-04-2017, 06:18 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-owner-ann-budge-auctions-stay-on-her-yacht-to-fund-tynecastle-redevelopment-1-4423712

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Just pass around the begging bowl and be done with it. You clearly can't afford pride :greengrin

Joe6-2
19-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Rip them off...........again

Billy Whizz
19-04-2017, 06:25 PM
A ship called Dignity

snooky
19-04-2017, 06:27 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-owner-ann-budge-auctions-stay-on-her-yacht-to-fund-tynecastle-redevelopment-1-4423712

£20,000? Haud me back. :bandit:

snooky
19-04-2017, 06:30 PM
A ship called Dignity

I suspect this budgette-priced idea will get torpedoed at some point :Romanov:

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2017, 06:31 PM
What an embarrassment 😂😂😂

Aldo
19-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Wow.... they must be totally rooked!! Funny as... biscuit tin is empty the cake bakes, face painting and tombola starting again this has them at an all time low imho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 06:33 PM
Wow.... they must be totally rooked!! Funny as... biscuit tin is empty the cake bakes, face painting and tombola starting again this has them at an all time low imho!

This is what big teams dae!

Aldo
19-04-2017, 06:34 PM

[emoji23][emoji23] skint team that can't borrow money or get decent investment Mair like

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2017, 06:34 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/RkSwAmSLD3N16/giphy.gif

happy sailing on 'The Budge' jamboids, first it was submarines now it's yachts, what a right seafaring set of fans they are

SlickShoes
19-04-2017, 06:37 PM
I can't wait until they do under again, what a mess.

19-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Selfish!

Should've raffled it at £10 a ticket and given the "ordinary" fans a chance. It'll just be one of her flash pals (assuming she has some) that'll win and it gives her and the winner the chance effectively say "look at how great we are, we're rich but we do a lot of great things for charity."

19-04-2017, 06:45 PM
All this fundraising stuff is really odd. How much short are they for the stand? I don't see how £20k is going to make much difference.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 06:48 PM
All this fundraising stuff is really odd. How much short are they for the stand? I don't see how £20k is going to make much difference.

They've got £75 in copper so far, from the wee jar they save it in. The rest has to be sorted.

snooky
19-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Selfish!

Should've raffled it at £10 a ticket and given the "ordinary" fans a chance. It'll just be one of her flash pals (assuming she has some) that'll win and it gives her and the winner the chance effectively say "look at how great we are, we're rich but we do a lot of great things for charity."

What if the 400,000 fans divided it among themselves i.e. 20,000/400,000 = 5p each. Alas, in a week each fan would only get 1/7th of a second each on board the yacht.
Hardly worth the trip, eh.

Hibby70
19-04-2017, 06:52 PM
The prize can be taken in May. But what about when Hearts play in the Scottish cup final, surely the winners would want to stay for that and the league decider?

Jack
19-04-2017, 06:56 PM
I think it's a good idea.

Anyone know if Rod or STF have something similar?

Rod looks like the sort of chap to have a villa in the Dordogne. I'm not sure about STF.

Hibby70
19-04-2017, 06:58 PM
Is Cathro the cabin boy? I also heard that Levein is the anchor but that can't be right.

Vault Boy
19-04-2017, 07:00 PM
They're so weird

Captain Trips
19-04-2017, 07:01 PM
All Aboard
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/history/sda/images/promos/titanic_promo.jpg

Deansy
19-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Selfish!

'The week-long stay has a value of £20,000 and a reserve bid is already in place'

Aye right, I agree with 'OO7' , there's no way on earth she'll risk handing over her toy to one of the Muppets she gladly rips-off, it's more than likely that this 'reserve bid' will win it as it'll be 'one of her own' ! I mean, could you seriously imagine a winner coming from 'Jambo Throw-back's ? - Em - NAW !. Whatever you think of Anne Budge, she's nobody's fool !

Plus, article has no name of whoever wrote it - reeks of 'All-is-Barry' which means the TRUE value is more likely £20 than £20,000 !

Aldo
19-04-2017, 07:04 PM

After investment from anonymous benefactors was it not in the region of £3 million.

They have lost a chunk as a result of Paterson's injury and for me have only 1 other saleable assets in Walker!

O to be a Yam..... embarrassing from the so called 'Big Team.

All very pleasing

green day
19-04-2017, 07:05 PM
After investment from anonymous benefactors was it not in the region of £3 million.

They have lost a chunk as a result of Paterson's injury and for me have only 1 other saleable assets in Walker!

O to be a Yam..... embarrassing from the so called 'Big Team.

All very pleasing

Still can't work out which radges would donate £3m???

Captain Trips
19-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Meanwhile some supporters were not happy with what they got for their 20k:

http://www.iainsinclair.org.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/IMG_06071.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 07:07 PM

Edinburgh City Council? :wink:

CapitalGreen
19-04-2017, 07:29 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Primrose,_7th_Earl_of_Rosebery

Michael
19-04-2017, 07:31 PM
All Aboard
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/history/sda/images/promos/titanic_promo.jpg

To be fair, if the song is anything to go by it might actually work out for them!

HFC_NYC
19-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Check out some of the other goodies up for auction:-

An original turnstile from the Main Stand

This W.T. Eliison & Co turnstyle was installed in 1914 and has been passed through (and passed over!) by thousands of Jambos across the generations.

This is your opportunity opportunity to bid for a memento of the Archibald Leitch Main Stand.

What would it mean to you to own piece of history? Perhaps you were lifted over it as a child.

The Ultimate Main Stand Dining Experience
The Club’s in-house 5 star rated hospitality team will treat you and 9 guests to a night to remember in the Main Stand.
Your evening will start with cocktails and canapés in the home dressing room and you will be hosted by none other by fans’ favourite, Hearty Harry, who will be flying back from Australia for this special event.
You will then be taken through to the Bobby Walker Suite where you will be joined for starters by two main squad players.
Your main course will be served in the Directors’ Suite and hosted by Ann Budge.
Finally, you will adjourn to the John Robertson Lounge, where the legend himself will join you for dessert, coffee and liqueurs as you overlook the pitch. Robbo will regale you with some of the unofficial tales from the stand.
You will enjoy a first class gastronomic experience accompanied by fine wines throughout.

Access All Areas with Sky Television
You and a guest will accompany presenter David Tanner as he leads the Sky Sports team through a televised match day at Tynecastle
Your prize includes:

Tour of the Sky Sports Outside Broadcast truck and studio at Tynecastle
Tickets for the game with hospitality provided
A fantastic opportunity to meet the Sky Sports presentation team on the day

Farewell to the Main Stand
This lot includes a limited edition framed and signed Main Stand home commemorative shirt, a specially etched brick from the Stand and an invitation for you and a guest to join Ann Budge in the Directors’ Suite for the final home game of the season.

Say hello and wave goodbye
This lot includes a limited edition framed and signed Main Stand home commemorative shirt, a specially etched brick from the Stand and invitation for you and a guest to join Ann Budge at the opening of the new Directors’ Suite in the magnificent new stand next season.

Your picture with the team
This lot will allow you (or nominated child) to appear in an official start of the season photo with the first team squad.

As well as these auction prizes, all guests will have a chance to win the following raffle prizes:

A nights stay, including dinner at the G&V hotel
Four places in hospitality at the Champions Cup Final at Murrayfield on the 12th May. Courtesy of Heineken
A four ball with a Hearts Legend on the Dalmahoy East Course. (NB - this will be three players plus the legend)
Two tickets to the Football Show, hosted at the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa
Host of Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 goodies, courtesy of headline sponsors Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh
A 2017/18 strip on the day of release

A silence auction will also take place where you can bid on some limited Hearts memorabilia.

Once again, it seems the roof reader was out to lunch. WTF is a silence auction? :confused::confused::confused:

SuperAllyMcleod
19-04-2017, 07:37 PM

This W.T. Eliison & Co turnstyle was installed in 1914 and has been passed through (and passed over!) by thousands of Jambos across the generations.

This is your opportunity opportunity to bid for a memento of the Archibald Leitch Main Stand.

What would it mean to you to own piece of history? Perhaps you were lifted over it as a child.

The Club’s in-house 5 star rated hospitality team will treat you and 9 guests to a night to remember in the Main Stand.
Your evening will start with cocktails and canapés in the home dressing room and you will be hosted by none other by fans’ favourite, Hearty Harry, who will be flying back from Australia for this special event.
You will then be taken through to the Bobby Walker Suite where you will be joined for starters by two main squad players.
Your main course will be served in the Directors’ Suite and hosted by Ann Budge.
Finally, you will adjourn to the John Robertson Lounge, where the legend himself will join you for dessert, coffee and liqueurs as you overlook the pitch. Robbo will regale you with some of the unofficial tales from the stand.
You will enjoy a first class gastronomic experience accompanied by fine wines throughout.

You and a guest will accompany presenter David Tanner as he leads the Sky Sports team through a televised match day at Tynecastle
Your prize includes:

This lot includes a limited edition framed and signed Main Stand home commemorative shirt, a specially etched brick from the Stand and an invitation for you and a guest to join Ann Budge in the Directors’ Suite for the final home game of the season.

This lot includes a limited edition framed and signed Main Stand home commemorative shirt, a specially etched brick from the Stand and invitation for you and a guest to join Ann Budge at the opening of the new Directors’ Suite in the magnificent new stand next season.

This lot will allow you (or nominated child) to appear in an official start of the season photo with the first team squad.

As well as these auction prizes, all guests will have a chance to win the following raffle prizes:

Four places in hospitality at the Champions Cup Final at Murrayfield on the 12th May. Courtesy of Heineken
A four ball with a Hearts Legend on the Dalmahoy East Course. (NB - this will be three players plus the legend)
Two tickets to the Football Show, hosted at the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa
Host of Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 goodies, courtesy of headline sponsors Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh

A silence auction will also take place where you can bid on some limited Hearts memorabilia.

Once again, it seems the roof reader was out to lunch. WTF is a silence auction? :confused::confused::confused:

When are the fans going to wake up to the fact that they are paying for everything? That well must be due to run dry sometime soon.

Itsnoteasy
19-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Lets start a frenzy of bidding.
They have a phone bid already. AYE RIGHT

Hibby70
19-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Robbo will regale you with some of the unofficial tales from the stand.

What like when he fell down the stairs?

Bishop Hibee
19-04-2017, 07:41 PM
How many deid rats would your average yam have to sell to raise £20K?

bingo70
19-04-2017, 07:44 PM
This is all becoming pretty uncomfortable.

I'm all for clubs doing new things to maximise income but this is just embarrassing for them.

HFC_NYC
19-04-2017, 07:46 PM

Genuine laugh out loud moment there. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Joe6-2
19-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Who do you think will be on board? Budgie? Foulkes?

Joe6-2
19-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Genuine laugh out loud moment there. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Me too!!

judas
19-04-2017, 07:54 PM
What is it with Hearts and seafaring.

First we had that submarining ponce and now this.

Stevie Reid
19-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Once again proving they are the BEG team

Tinribs
19-04-2017, 07:58 PM

Always liked wee John and wouldn't wish him harm, but I almost pished my frillies at that 😅

SquashedFrogg
19-04-2017, 07:58 PM
"The Skipper and Stewardess will provide attentive service, prepThe Skipper and Stewardess will provide attentive service, preparing breakfast and lunch or dinner each day"

No yams, not both, just one or the other :na na:

Aldo
19-04-2017, 07:59 PM

Sorry maybe didn't word that correctly.

I think £3 million was the shortfall after donations.

19-04-2017, 08:00 PM

The stewards have been capturing the silence at Tynecastle in jam jars and they've tipped them into a glass display case. The lucky winning bidder will gain a fabulous memento of the "famous" atmosphere. But don't worry if you lose out, once the new season starts this will be a fortnighly auction.

SquashedFrogg
19-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Whilst attending last years LC semi final against St J, we found a dog turd (inside) the stadium...

Will this be up for auction?

bigwheel
19-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Whilst attending last years LC semi final against St J, we found a dog turd (inside) the stadium...

[emoji2][emoji2]. Sure it was "dog" ??

SquashedFrogg
19-04-2017, 08:06 PM
[emoji2][emoji2]. Sure it was "dog" ??

Gorgie Road Stand so you may be on to something... :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 08:07 PM

For some reason that word always makes me laugh. So childish of me :greengrin

Leith's finest
19-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Where can you bid for these items? Want to put a 0.7p bid in for the week on the boat, think i would miss the pan when going for toilet

SquashedFrogg
19-04-2017, 08:09 PM
For some reason that word always makes me laugh. So childish of me :greengrin

I believe the official term is "Dog Yam"

3pm
19-04-2017, 08:11 PM
"The Skipper and Stewardess will provide attentive service, prepThe Skipper and Stewardess will provide attentive service, preparing breakfast and lunch or dinner each day"

It's going to be an awkward first morning when they get billed for breakfast.

HFCdeb
19-04-2017, 08:14 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂

SuperAllyMcleod
19-04-2017, 08:17 PM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I'm going to use this!

SquashedFrogg
19-04-2017, 08:18 PM
It's going to be an awkward first morning when they get billed for breakfast.

:top marks

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Eating canapés with your pals and Hearty Harry in the shannest wee changing room ever built, followed by dinner with Budge and then drinks in the Robertson 'lounge' next to the Calor gas heater sounds like an awful weird night out in all honesty.

19-04-2017, 08:30 PM

:top marksBrilliant!

I'm going to use this!

Every time the big team gets mentioned, just say "don't you mean beg team?"

Skol
19-04-2017, 08:33 PM
The Ship is captained by one of the brightest prospects in scottish boating.

He is renowned for his version of the sea scouts based in broughty ferry called ferry in a box. He has since served an apprenticeship in Portugal where he was deputy captain of the watersports speedboat. His main duties were putting the bhoys out each morning and ensuring everyone have their lifevest bibs on.

Latterly he has worked beneath the decks of a north sea trawler operating out of Hull.

Such groundings make him perfectly qualified for captaining a millionaires yacht in the mediterranean.

Oh, but he will report to a director of yachting who will call all the shots.

Callum7
Here's Ann Budge herself driving the yacht.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o85xAYQLOhSrmINHO/giphy.gif

Waxy
seamen galore

overdrive
19-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Here's Ann Budge herself driving the yacht.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o85xAYQLOhSrmINHO/giphy.gif

Nah, not hairy enough to be Budge.

The Spaceman
19-04-2017, 08:51 PM
How frighteningly deluded...again.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/169177-all-aboard-the-queen-of-hearts/

They don't see it. The club has the begging bowl well and truly out. Again.

matty_f
19-04-2017, 08:54 PM
They are really feeling the brunt of the Paterson injury, eh?

offshorehibby
19-04-2017, 08:55 PM
They've got £75 in copper so far, from the wee jar they save it in. The rest has to be sorted.

That's what the wrest of us would call the charity box so no surprise they've had off with that.

marinello59
19-04-2017, 08:59 PM
So because she tells them the prize is worth £20 grand it is? :faf:
Next she will be making a massive donation to the new stand by waiving interest payments on the dosh they already owe her. Wait! How ****ing stupid are they, Budge is taking them for a ride.

IGRIGI
19-04-2017, 09:05 PM
I imagine Romanov is green with envy at Anne's ability to rip them off even further than he ever managed.

surreyhibbie
19-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Next she will be making a massive donation to the new stand by waiving interest payments on the dosh they already owe her. Wait! How ****ing stupid are they, Budge is taking them for a ride.

It does look like a smart boat and all that, but 20 grand? Even between six people it's not cheap for a week.

A raffle at £20 a pop might have given the ordinary mugs (sorry, I mean fans) a chance. Would easily sell a thousand plus tickets.....

Smacks of desperation, drop in the ocean(no pun intended) for what they need.

Comedy gold!

:greengrin

Marco G
19-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Noticed her yacht is called the Queen of Hearts! Looked it up on wiki. Definition is - fictional character from Alice in Wonderland, personality explosive, ... tyrannical.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Mikey09
19-04-2017, 09:36 PM
It does look like a smart boat and all that, but 20 grand? Even between six people it's not cheap for a week.

A raffle at £20 a pop might have given the ordinary mugs (sorry, I mean fans) a chance. Would easily sell a thousand plus tickets.....

Comedy gold!

Aye but you get to "play with some of the yacht's toys!" :shocked::wtf::sick:

GreenLake
19-04-2017, 09:54 PM
I can see Sir Tom captaining a yacht like a Gunboat 55, not some fancy motorboat.

http://www.gunboat.com/series/previous-models/gunboat-55/

silverhibee
19-04-2017, 10:06 PM
I think it's a good idea.

Anyone know if Rod or STF have something similar?

Rod looks like the sort of chap to have a villa in the Dordogne. I'm not sure about STF.

A weekend on STF deserted island.

Biggie
19-04-2017, 10:09 PM
What next ?....be the manager for a day ?...or better still be the DOF and get you get 3 post its to send to the manager during the game.
This is absolute gold.......

Bostonhibby
19-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Parahandy anyone? No difficult to pick out Potter and Father Dougal even then.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Mikey09
19-04-2017, 10:18 PM
And for just an extra £51 a month Pledge Jim Bowen will have Cathro and Levein tow the yacht tae yer hoose and shout, "Ooh, look what you could have won!!!"

:yw:

Bostonhibby
19-04-2017, 10:20 PM
What next ?....be the manager for a day ?...or better still be the DOF and get you get 3 post its to send to the manager during the game.
This is absolute gold.......
Build your own stand? One where the council manufacture a way to give you the site free, ignore all the usual building warrants and health and safety nonsense then you just crack on at throwing up a structure for 400,000 people to sit in.

Criswell
19-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Eating canapés with your pals and Hearty Harry in the shannest wee changing room ever built, followed by dinner with Budge and then drinks in the Robertson 'lounge' next to the Calor gas heater sounds like an awful weird night out in all honesty.

That sounds like an episode of "Bottom"

Is It On....
19-04-2017, 10:59 PM

£20k for HALF board ffs..bet the drinks are extra 😂

jacomo
19-04-2017, 11:11 PM
I reckon you could hire a bigger boat (inc crew) for about £10k for a week in June. She's taking them for a ride.

She's also taking charities for a ride. This kind of prize could be auctioned at a charity event to raise money for a good cause - but oh no, Hertz are ripping them off again.

No surprise, eh?

Kato
19-04-2017, 11:42 PM
A silence auction

Did they not start this in February?

greenginger
20-04-2017, 12:03 AM
http://www.newwavesailing.com/yacht.php?id=28

I very much doubt it's mrs Budges yacht .

Its run by a company that time shares boats. Maybe she owns a few weeks of the tub.

Pete
20-04-2017, 12:23 AM
You'll end up stranded at the harbour with something resembling bully's special prize instead of this luxury yacht. Meanwhile they'll be off with your £20k in a suitcase.

It's the hearts way. Don't trust them.

Aldo
20-04-2017, 06:11 AM
Some of the comments on brokeback are hilarious. They are all buying into this and 'big time'.

The comment about Grant Holt and his turning circle was pretty funny. That'll be the same player that tore your Greek ballack a new one in the replay?? Think he may even have returned quick enough to put one in the net!

I really do think this reeks of desperation as they don't have the funding in place for the new mega 'smaller capacity still than ER' stand.

Itsnoteasy
20-04-2017, 06:20 AM
And for just an extra £51 a month Pledge Jim Bowen will have Cathro and Levein tow the yacht tae yer hoose and shout, "Ooh, look what you could have won!!!"

:yw:

Keep out of the black & in the red. You don't get nothing for 2 in a bed.

Diclonius
20-04-2017, 06:24 AM
Why are Hearts perpetually asking for money?

If they spend outwith their means again just to match us again this season I'll be raging.

Keith_M
20-04-2017, 06:30 AM
All aboard the HMS Begging Bowl!

The Spaceman
20-04-2017, 06:42 AM
Some Yacht Anne Budge has btw...

Oscar T Grouch
20-04-2017, 06:53 AM
I reckon you could hire a bigger boat (inc crew) for about £10k for a week in June. She's taking them for a ride.

She's also taking charities for a ride. This kind of prize could be auctioned at a charity event to raise money for a good cause - but oh no, Hertz are ripping them off again.

No surprise, eh?

I was sad enough to go and check this out. A bigger boat (24m) and a crew, fully catered can be hired for €18k but that is for two weeks in the Aegean/Ionian touring the Greek islands. So that is a bigger boat for twice as long AND fully catered for about £5000 less than they're estimating 🤔

banarc7062
20-04-2017, 07:12 AM
Thank God I am a Hibbie. GGTTH :flag:

brog
20-04-2017, 07:25 AM

Its run by a company that time shares boats. Maybe she owns a few weeks of the tub.

Exactly what i thought! Even if she does have a majority interest in the boat/company anyone can hire it at anytime at much better rates. I love the lunch or dinner scenario though. Reminds me of being a kid & not allowed anything else to eat until you've finished your carrots. What do you mean you want dinner, you just finished lunch 7 hours ago!!

SirDavidsNapper
20-04-2017, 07:31 AM
If I was a yam I'd be worried there was fundraising going on to fund the new stand. Thankfully I'm not and I'm not worried either.

greenpaper55
20-04-2017, 07:32 AM
Remember we were told that Romanov flew in to Edinburgh on his "private jet"- turned out to be Ryanair ! The yams will swallow anything such is their dillusion.

Kato
20-04-2017, 07:46 AM
Remember we were told that Romanov flew in to Edinburgh on his "private jet"- turned out to be Ryanair ! The yams will swallow anything such is their dillusion.

That's Allisbarry reporting for you. He facilitated all the Romanov lies, along with the rest of the Edinburgh "establishment" and is only too happy to tell bare-faced porkies for the current regime. Tosh like "self-sufficient" and "Hearts new EUFA compliant stand", are bread and butter to him and the sparryheids lap it up - best leave them to it. They get quite angry if you explain reality to them..

Bill Milne
20-04-2017, 07:56 AM
Easiest way to become a millionaire? Start as a billionaire and buy a football club.....or Hertz!!

Deansy
20-04-2017, 08:21 AM
This is all becoming pretty uncomfortable.

I'm all for clubs doing new things to maximise income but this is just embarrassing for them.

Once the Muppets have been fleeced over £100m - roughly the amount of 'Other people's money they went through in their 30+ years at playing a 'Big team' - only then I could there be any possibility of anyone feeling any sympathy at all for these creatures !

Ffs, they've had the equivalent of 5 min of a 'Bad patch' when you compare it to the time those low-life lorded it over us !!

Bostonhibby
20-04-2017, 08:25 AM

Comedy gold!

They don't have any ordinary fans though, Vlad defined them when he referred to their "simple fans". Held good so far. This wheeze could be one that helps reinforce it. You can get a lot more boat than this for a week for £20k

Smartie
20-04-2017, 08:27 AM
That sounds like an episode of "Bottom"

:faf:

I suppose it's now obvious that Eddie and Richey were Jambos.

Bostonhibby
20-04-2017, 08:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvn6kAFMTwU

Starring Mrs Budge as Dan McPhail, Potter as Parahandy the captain of the ship and wee Dougie in the father Dougal role.

Jones28
20-04-2017, 08:40 AM
So is this the way big teams work?

Hibee87
20-04-2017, 08:40 AM

Comedy gold!

The link someone posts says you can hire it for 1 week a year for 5 years for 3k.

Newry Hibs
20-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Presumably the yacht won't be picking you up from Leith docks - so you'll have to get yourself there and back as I don't see any mention of flights. Maybe they'll use Romanovs private Ryanair plane.

Bostonhibby
20-04-2017, 08:48 AM
Anyone fancy going for it then going into administration when the bill arrives?

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Sheer desperate measures from our Pink chums once again.

Will appeal to their backhander pals the Roseberry's only I would think.

An absolute embarrassment of a football club.

Jones28
20-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Anyone else remember STF auctioning off 2 years free servicing and a set of michellins when we built east mains?

Naw, me neither #weeteam

Jack Hackett
20-04-2017, 09:24 AM
That's Allisbarry reporting for you. He facilitated all the Romanov lies, along with the rest of the Edinburgh "establishment" and is only too happy to tell bare-faced porkies for the current regime. Tosh like "self-sufficient" and "Hearts new EUFA compliant stand", are bread and butter to him and the sparryheids lap it up - best leave them to it. They get quite angry if you explain reality to them..

"EUFA compliant stand" :faf:

When did EUFA start playing games in the stands?

Alan62
20-04-2017, 09:31 AM
I am surprised by the standard of the writing in the promotional material. I also wondered if the notion of Mrs Budge having a yacht would put the Hearts fans off but a quick glance at Kickback suggests otherwise. Somehow the auction to win a week on the boat in order to raise funds to build their stand has added to their sense of superiority. Baffling. Like others on here, I do question the sense of having an auction for the big prize. As a separate raffle, it makes sense. Say five to ten thousand folks having a pop at a fiver each. As an auction only a very rare few can get anywhere near the value of the trip so it's possible that it won't actually raise that much cash - unless she has a bidder lined up. One can only imagine that she doesn't want an ordinary Jambo family to win that trip of a lifetime after all. :wink:

Hibee87
20-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Anyone else remember STF auctioning off 2 years free servicing and a set of michellins when we built east mains?

Naw, me neither #weeteam

Thats cause it was Toyo racing tires and included a M.O.T with the service.

Kato
20-04-2017, 10:01 AM

Doesn't stop them waffling mate, that is how they describe their stand, omitting that the rest of the ground is merely Sunday Churches League compliant.

Peevemor
20-04-2017, 10:09 AM
The link someone posts says you can hire it for 1 week a year for 5 years for 3k.

I doubt it. These yachts - Pearl 60 or "Harvest Moon" cost between £10-15k per week to rent depending on the season and that's without the crew.

Here's one in the South of France which starts at 20k€ per week with crew.

https://www.boatbookings.com/yacht_search/yacht_view.php?pid=14796

If you have the dosh to begin with, it's not that much of an extravagance to own one. One of my (sort of) bosses has 2 boats - one that he keeps locally and the other one is currently moored in Barcelona. Mooring/port charges and maintenance can be quite expensive, but he rarely loses much money on buying and selling the boats themselves.

If you rent it out for charters, it can become an investment - a bit like residential property.

The gesture from Budge herself is fair enough IMO.

Smartie
20-04-2017, 10:13 AM

When Cathro took the goalposts away?

Since90+2
20-04-2017, 10:43 AM
They really are an embarrassment on and off the park.

McD
20-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Why does the evening news article read like a sodding advert for this? Was surprised not to see the photo Number, link to the website and suggested minimum offer as well!

We surely cant be far from budge literally just having collection agents complete with card machines at the turnstiles every fortnight? Just empty your account and pockets now, and save us wasting time and money coming up with another ruse to part you from your cash.

Engels74
20-04-2017, 10:59 AM
The Queen of hearts docked and ready for the lucky winner

Laurs
20-04-2017, 11:16 AM
I can see Sir Tom captaining a yacht like a Gunboat 55, not some fancy motorboat.

http://www.gunboat.com/series/previous-models/gunboat-55/

Or more like this lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppo9z8A56k4

Sean1875
20-04-2017, 11:33 AM
They really are a proper ridiculous football club

tamig
20-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Like a few others have mentioned I think it's a reasonable gesture by Budge. I also think she's made a big mistake trying to auction the prize rather than raffling it. Could have raised far more cash that way. Don't really get some of the mocking comments on here. It's a cracking prize - but only a select few will be in with a shout of winning it.

Biggie
20-04-2017, 11:50 AM
I particularly liked the comment online from some wag saying the hearts will be changing their anthem to "we are sailing" :top marks:faf:

Hibee87
20-04-2017, 12:41 PM
I doubt it. These yachts - Pearl 60 or "Harvest Moon" cost between £10-15k per week to rent depending on the season and that's without the crew.

Here's one in the South of France which starts at 20k€ per week with crew.

https://www.boatbookings.com/yacht_search/yacht_view.php?pid=14796

If you have the dosh to begin with, it's not that much of an extravagance to own one. One of my (sort of) bosses has 2 boats - one that he keeps locally and the other one is currently moored in Barcelona. Mooring/port charges and maintenance can be quite expensive, but he rarely loses much money on buying and selling the boats themselves.

If you rent it out for charters, it can become an investment - a bit like residential property.

The gesture from Budge herself is fair enough IMO.You are correct, It is 3k a year
Not as much as you may think is the answer.
1 week sailing every year for the next 5 years = £3000 per year
This is an exclusive offer, with limited spaces so please act now. An initial deposit of £1000 will secure your ownership. Just call us on 0238 097 0845

http://www.newwavesailing.com/hanse-yachts-fractional-ownership

Peevemor
20-04-2017, 12:47 PM
You are correct, It is 3k a year
Not as much as you may think is the answer.
1 week sailing every year for the next 5 years = £3000 per year
This is an exclusive offer, with limited spaces so please act now. An initial deposit of £1000 will secure your ownership. Just call us on 0238 097 0845

http://www.newwavesailing.com/hanse-yachts-fractional-ownership

The yacht quoted is also smaller and a lot cheaper than Budge's - less than half the price to buy new.

Jack Hackett
20-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Like a few others have mentioned I think it's a reasonable gesture by Budge. I also think she's made a big mistake trying to auction the prize rather than raffling it. Could have raised far more cash that way. Don't really get some of the mocking comments on here. It's a cracking prize - but only a select few will be in with a shout of winning it.

Thing is, it isn't really a cracking prize when you have eff all chances of winning it. 'Prizes' are generally free...you don't end up possibly paying more than the 'prize' is worth, just to show everyone else how big your dick is

EDIT: Sorry... 'Wallet'... how big your wallet is.

California-Hibs
20-04-2017, 12:54 PM
They have a cheek to EVER try and poke fun at us. What an absolute shambles they are!! 😂😂

Hibee87
20-04-2017, 12:55 PM
The yacht quoted is also smaller and a lot cheaper than Budge's - less than half the price to buy new.Oh...to be honest i clicked the link from an earlier post as thought they said that link WAS budges boat. Goes to show reading things properly is advantageous

20-04-2017, 01:05 PM
I particularly liked the comment online from some wag saying the hearts will be changing their anthem to "we are sailing" :top marks:faf:

He was only 1 letter out, should be "We are failing."

tamig
20-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Thing is, it isn't really a cracking prize when you have eff all chances of winning it. 'Prizes' are generally free...you don't end up possibly paying more than the 'prize' is worth, just to show everyone else how big your dick is

EDIT: Sorry... 'Wallet'... how big your wallet is.
The converse is that you could potentially win the auction with a bid of a grand though it does mention an unspecified reserve. She should still have raffled it.

Dan Sarf
20-04-2017, 01:09 PM
The converse is that you could potentially win the auction with a bid of a grand though it does mention an unspecified reserve. She should still have raffled it.

A riff-raff raffle?

:wink:

Peevemor
20-04-2017, 01:09 PM

If she raffled the prize then she'd run the risk of some schemie bam and his wife/sister and their mini-merricks having free rein on her boat for a week. In the auction there will only be people who can afford to burn £20k + flights on a week's holiday.

vuefrom1875
20-04-2017, 01:21 PM

Dear oh dear sinking as low as one gets... Skint Tramps 😀

lapsedhibee
20-04-2017, 01:27 PM

Hardly think a Famous institution like The Hawrts would try and pass off something they rented and shared with other people as their own facility.

Peevemor
20-04-2017, 01:35 PM

Or maybe it belongs to her, she uses it a few weeks per year herself and let's the charter company manage it the rest of the time? 5-10 charters per year and the boat pays for itself.

FilipinoHibs
20-04-2017, 01:37 PM
On a select rich few have yachts. They can afford to give large chunks of money to something they love. That is why Budge, Hearts and their fans look ridiculous

Peevemor
20-04-2017, 01:57 PM
On a select rich few have yachts. They can afford to give large chunks of money to something they love. That is why Budge, Hearts and their fans look ridiculous

It's a cultural thing. Sailing isn't big as a hobby in Scotland because of the weather. I have a few mates across here who have boats of various sizes and they're anything but rich, it's just that the geography and conditions mean that it's a lot easier and more fun.

I did a very quick search for yachts here at less than 10k€

https://www.leboncoin.fr/nautisme/offres/bretagne/?th=1&q=voilier&parrot=0&pe=7

OK, it's still a lot of money but 'ordinary' people here are more likely to put their cash into something like that instead of spending thousands of quid a year in the pub or on a golf course.

I'm in no way suggesting that the culture is better or worse - it's simply different.

Bostonhibby
20-04-2017, 02:06 PM

We are stealing, surely.

Kato
20-04-2017, 02:13 PM

Amongst the Comments there are attempts to slag off Hibs. Suggesting STF is auctioning car services, when he doesn't have to auction anything as our ground is finished. Questioning how HSL is going - better than FOH at the moment and not taking a huge gamble on financing an infrastructure project which has started without all the funding in place.

jacomo
20-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Amongst the Comments there are attempts to slag off Hibs. Suggesting STF is auctioning car services, when he doesn't have to auction anything as our ground is finished. Questioning how HSL is going - better than FOH at the moment and not taking a huge gamble on financing an infrastructure project which has started without all the funding in place.

Last I heard FOH owns 0% of Hertz FC.

A massive movement indeed!

Captain Trips
20-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Roll up roll up give us £30 for your chance to win a matchday ticket.

Deansy
20-04-2017, 11:07 PM

The big question is, though - WHY - would you slag off something that apparently 'Died' in 2012 ??

McD
21-04-2017, 08:17 AM
Roll up roll up give us £30 for your chance to win a matchday ticket.

To go go along with 'give us £100 to have a chance to then buy a cup ticket for your own seat' :faf:

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Any truth in the rumour STF owns a warship called HMFC Destroyer?

Bostonhibby
21-04-2017, 09:04 AM
[emoji23] [emoji106]

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Its not unusual for football club owners to own a yacht to be fair :greengrin

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Hs2-Gc43YpLIaNjpM--gagD6DO&w=175&h=145&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.1&pid=1.7

jacomo
21-04-2017, 01:52 PM

:agree:

Engaged in battle with a hostile submarine a few years ago.

The sub's crew declared victory, but then disappeared never to be seen again.

Fife-Hibee
21-04-2017, 03:07 PM

What? Maybe she's sub letting it ! 😂😂😂

Jack Hackett
21-04-2017, 03:27 PM
What? Maybe she's sub letting it ! 😂😂😂

Don't bother getting your coat... Just seen it doing a runner :greengrin

snooky
21-04-2017, 04:03 PM
What? Maybe she's sub letting it ! ������

She's not the Miss-iah, she's a very Nauti-lass.

AltheHibby
21-04-2017, 04:22 PM

😀

Eyrie
21-04-2017, 07:01 PM

:top marks

jacomo
21-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Hardly think a Famous institution like The Hawrts would try and pass off something they rented and shared with other people as their own facility.

Budge suits them. She's so cheap.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2017, 10:19 PM

Your prize includes:

The night in the main stand prize sounds interesting.

Do you need to bring your own hard hat or are they handed out on arrival?

heid the baw
22-04-2017, 01:07 AM
The great thing aboot Hibs is that it is free to support them.
It costs hee haw,
Jambos have to be contributing to this and that or you are no considered a real jambo.
At Hibs it is free to be a Hibby. Pay to get in if you fancy it, stay home if it is ***** or you are skint.
Nae judgement involved, just like a proper team.
Spread the word.

GreenLake
22-04-2017, 05:54 AM

I heard he was opening a new pub down in the Wallace Market called "The Poppy and Thief".

Dashing Bob S
22-04-2017, 05:59 AM
The night in the main stand prize sounds interesting.

Do you need to bring your own hard hat or are they handed out on arrival?

David Tanner? Not even a two-bob presenter.

25-04-2017, 02:31 AM
Did anybody "win" Bully's star prize?

GreenLake
25-04-2017, 05:33 AM

Your prize includes:

I have been buying Mercedes for many years but seeing the name stated as headline sponsors of the cheats puts me right off.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-04-2017, 06:06 AM
I think it's a nice touch that Albert Kidd is coming all the way to surprise guests dressed as Hearty Harry.

hibee_nation
25-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Any truth in the rumour the specially etched bricks are just written on with crayon :greengrin

Bostonhibby
25-04-2017, 12:45 PM
Any truth in the rumour the specially etched bricks are just written on with crayon :greengrin
Nope, and they're not just etched either. It's specially etched cos it's the yam idiots who are having to buy them.

Famously etched ones will be sold separately at even higher prices.

Paisley Hibby
25-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Selfish!

To be fair, I wouldn't trust the average ordinary Hearts fan with my wheelie bin never mind a luxury yacht.

Pete
25-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Nope, and they're not just etched either. It's specially etched cos it's the yam idiots who are having to buy them.

Famously etched ones will be sold separately at even higher prices.

The bricks definitely will be etched to the highest standard.

What they won't disclose, until after you've parted with your cash, is that they are all specially etched with the word "Niddrie".

Paisley Hibby
25-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Selfish!

To be fair, I wouldn't trust the average ordinary Hearts fan with my wheelie bin never mind a luxury yacht.

Bostonhibby
25-04-2017, 05:06 PM
The bricks definitely will be etched to the highest standard.

What they won't disclose, until after you've parted with your cash, is that they are all specially etched with the word "Niddrie".

Bostonhibby
25-04-2017, 05:08 PM

McMurphy's fishing tours?

tamig
25-04-2017, 08:42 PM
I have been buying Mercedes for many years but seeing the name stated as headline sponsors of the cheats puts me right off.

Lewis Hamilton can GTF as well now.

mca
25-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Meanwhile some supporters were not happy with what they got for their 20k:

http://www.iainsinclair.org.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/IMG_06071.jpg

Must Be Rudi`s .. check the Number..

25-04-2017, 10:32 PM

And the beak.

snooky
25-04-2017, 10:39 PM

Is it me or does it look like the bird's going backwards - just like the Hearts.