PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final in Cape Town

kirk1875
19-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Bit of a long shot but just wondering if anyone knew of any pubs to watch the semi final in Cape Town? Haven't came across any pubs yet that show sky sports so was wondering if anyone knew of any?

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Sorry, cannae be of help, but I do love these random where to watch the game threads.

Anyone know a pub close to an Antarctic weather station?

Anyone know of a Hibs pub in the middle of the Sahara?

I'm going to be in Borneo, on a wildlife survey, when the game is on, any good pubs?

:hilarious

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 06:09 PM
"Aye there's a wee pub called the Ice House, next to the Russian weather station on Antarctica. We went there on a stag weekend, and they will have the Hibs game on".

"Do they have draught Guinness"?

"No".

"Cheers, but I don't think I'll bother".

DarlingtonHibee
19-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Sick of these threads....

jgl07
19-04-2017, 06:22 PM
You might try Mitchell's Scottish Ale House at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town.

They certainly had TV screens with Sky Sports when we were there a couple of years back.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2017, 06:25 PM

They certainly had TV screens with Sky Sports when we were there a couple of years back.

:greengrin

:top marks

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2017, 06:32 PM

Why?

DarlingtonHibee
19-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Why?

I've been to Cape Town and did my homework and yes there is a Scottish bar. I can't stand the posing.

The Pointer
19-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Threads like this remind me of when Scotland won the Grand Slam in 1990, David Sole, the captain, was asked a question, which I can't remember, but his reply was he'd like to have been anywhere in the world where a Scotsman was watching the game on tv.

Bit like yir man in Cape Town, Malaga, Tenerife, Berlin, Antarctica etc, they'll all be going mental if we win.

Eyrie
19-04-2017, 07:30 PM
Sorry, cannae be of help, but I do love these random where to watch the game threads.

Anyone know a pub close to an Antarctic weather station?

Anyone know of a Hibs pub in the middle of the Sahara?

I'm going to be in Borneo, on a wildlife survey, when the game is on, any good pubs?

:hilarious

Lucky sod.

I'm currently stuck on my private Caribbean island with Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer who have told me I'm not allowed to fly back for the game :brickwall

I've instructed the servants to stream the TV coverage on the 120" TV and my two guests that they'll have to have breakfast on their own by the pool.

kirk1875
19-04-2017, 07:31 PM

Aye tried there but they said they don't show sky sports now unfortunately. Thanks anyway

DarlingtonHibee
19-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Aye tried there but they said they don't show sky sports now unfortunately. Thanks anyway

Get Hibs TV

Allant1981
19-04-2017, 07:43 PM

why bother reading it and posting then, attention seeking?

DarlingtonHibee
19-04-2017, 08:47 PM
No just common sense, you do your homework before you go.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-04-2017, 09:00 PM
No just common sense, you do your homework before you go.

Why isn't posting on a fans website part of the homework? That seems more common sense to me?

Sproule Three
20-04-2017, 06:56 AM

I posted a thread telling fellow Hibees where they could watch the game in Australia and New Zealand with fellow supporters .
Thought that was helpful rather than annoying tbh

Dalianwanda
20-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Why isn't posting on a fans website part of the homework? That seems more common sense to me?

Exactly.....good luck op finding somewhere..I seem to mind being in this pub for a game before http://firemansarms.co.za/contact-us/